PDA

View Full Version : How under-rated was Byron Scott the player?

PowerHouse
07-03-2017, 12:35 PM
It seems to me from everything I've seen and read, Scott was every bit the dangerous shooter that Reggie Miller or Ray Allen were except Scott was a 3 or 4 option rather than a 1-2. And then when you take into consideration the tenacious defender that he was, Scott in his prime may have been better than Ray or Reggie but never had the ball in his hands enough to really showcase himself. What do you guys think?

KingPosey
07-03-2017, 12:51 PM
I mean looking at their advanced stats, Reggie and Ray were better offensive players, and theyre all basically equally as effective on defense with a slight edge to Scott, and its very slight if at all. So probably not imo.

Ray actually had the best stretch of defense regardless but it was only maybe a 4 year stretch.

ewing
07-03-2017, 01:26 PM
It seems to me from everything I've seen and read, Scott was every bit the dangerous shooter that Reggie Miller or Ray Allen were except Scott was a 3 or 4 option rather than a 1-2. And then when you take into consideration the tenacious defender that he was, Scott in his prime may have been better than Ray or Reggie but never had the ball in his hands enough to really showcase himself. What do you guys think?

You are either overrating Scott or underrating the other two. Scott was a nice offensive player but not on Reggie or Ray's level.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2017, 02:26 PM
nah, Scott was not nearly as good as those guys. Both were amazing off the ball, and could put the ball on the deck way better than Byron. Scott was also smaller than both. I think a comparable would be CJ McCollum, with less of a role.

Heediot
07-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Only saw him when he was with Indy. I though he was a decent role player at that point.

Me and Mr. T
07-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Reggie Miller and Ray Allen the same as Byron Scott? Did you ever watch all of them play? It's not even remotely close.

valade16
07-03-2017, 04:46 PM
If anything Byron Scott gets overrated because he's a moderately good 2 guard that is a dime a dozen historically yet has the notoriety of being on the Showtime Lakers.

papipapsmanny
07-03-2017, 08:53 PM
I'd say underrated. He had a two year period where he very efficiently average 20+ points when he was getting his shots..... there just were not enough shots to go around on those Lakers teams for him

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-03-2017, 10:15 PM
^ Believe it or not but a lot of the Lakers from this 80's teams are remembered more fondly than their numbers would support. James Worthys career comparison stat wise are not guys you would associate with the Hall of Fame. Or even stars. Kareem was at the end of his career for the majority of that decade. Scott was a solid player but time romanticize a lot of these guys