PDA

View Full Version : Melo open to waiving his NTC if traded to Cavs or Rockets

HandsOnTheWheel
07-03-2017, 01:56 AM
Yet another all-star headed out West?

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2017, 02:11 AM
Too bad rockets gave all those good assets up for cp3. Nobody's touching that Ryan Anderson contract.

And I doubt Cavs would trade love for Melo

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 02:20 AM
Raptors

send JV, Carroll
Receive Anderson, Courtney lee

Knicks

Send Lee and Melo
Receive jonas and Carroll and houston pick

Rockets

Send Anderson and multiple picks
Receive melo

rhino17
07-03-2017, 02:28 AM
Raptors

send JV, Carroll

Knicks

Send Lee and Melo

Rockets

Receive melo

Works for me, no way I offer anything more than Anderson for Carmelo. If Anderson's home/road split weren't so insanely terrible, I wouldn't even offer him for Melo honestly.

Dade County
07-03-2017, 02:32 AM
Like I have been saying, tell Melo he will be a non-starter coming off the bench with the second unit.

He's mentioning teams that cannot really trade for him; Cavs wont give up Love for him. Rockets have nothing to offer anymore.

Have him come off the bench, & maybe around late December he changes his mind and open up to more teams.

europagnpilgrim
07-03-2017, 03:45 AM
No brainer for Melo, he can rot out the remaining 2 yrs on a bottom feeder or go to a pretty much lock out East to rep Finals with his banana boat buddy in Cleveland or he can team up with his other BB buddy out in Houston with CP3 who will probably end up at worst a 3rd seed out West again and possibly a 2 seed if all the cards fall in place

ManningToTyree
07-03-2017, 05:13 AM
Need a third team for either of these scenarios

ewing
07-03-2017, 07:05 AM
Too bad rockets gave all those good assets up for cp3. Nobody's touching that Ryan Anderson contract.

And I doubt Cavs would trade love for Melo

And he already had an it's me or you moment with Mike D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nysportsfan23
07-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Gordon Ariza and a future first or second

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Like I have been saying, tell Melo he will be a non-starter coming off the bench with the second unit.

He's mentioning teams that cannot really trade for him; Cavs wont give up Love for him. Rockets have nothing to offer anymore.

Have him come off the bench, & maybe around late December he changes his mind and open up to more teams.

That's what I said, give him the Marbury treatment

mightybosstone
07-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Raptors

send JV, Carroll

Knicks

Send Lee and Melo

Rockets

Receive melo
This is the kind of deal the Rockets need. They have to have a third team to help facilitate the trade. But I do think something like this is possible.

mightybosstone
07-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Gordon Ariza and a future first or second

Nah. Zero chance that happens. Ariza is a lock to be on this team. He's too close to Harden and Paul. And Gordon is way too much for Melo, who is probably gone from New York after this season anyway and might get bought out.

If Melo is headed to Houston, it will either be a 3-team deal involving Ryno, non-guaranteed contracts and picks, or it will be through a buyout.

KnicksorBust
07-03-2017, 08:24 AM
Raptors

send JV, Carroll

Knicks

Send Lee and Melo

Rockets

Receive melo

You want to trade Valanciunas to get Ryan Anderson?

KnicksorBust
07-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Nah. Zero chance that happens. Ariza is a lock to be on this team. He's too close to Harden and Paul. And Gordon is way too much for Melo, who is probably gone from New York after this season anyway and might get bought out.

If Melo is headed to Houston, it will either be a 3-team deal involving Ryno, non-guaranteed contracts and picks, or it will be through a buyout.

This. It's like when the Clippers showed minor interest though. They don't have the right type of players/contracts on the books. I hope I am wrong but the Knicks should be targeting youth and expirings and Houston can't help us there.

lamzoka
07-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Melo is not as washed up as PSD making him seems. Put him next to Lebron and Kyrie or Chris Paul and Harden and he's gonna be lethal.

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Get it done then. He will be very good in his role with either team.

eDush
07-03-2017, 10:05 AM

And I doubt Cavs would trade love for MeloConsidering CP3 is much better, it's too bad and the Knicks are looking to rebuild which means no vets and Dekker is not even good but just a throw in. And if Morey is so good of a GM that many claim he is, let's see he tried to dump his mistake on someone like that Anderson for KP rumor :laugh:

prodigy
07-03-2017, 10:58 AM
His only option should be cleveland. Not only is that a team he would fit perfectly on, but wtf would a 33 year old wanna go out west? Best ur body down throughout a very hard season and playoffs just to get nailed by the warriors in 4 or 5 games? no thanks

Go to cavs, cake walk the season, maybe get a small text from the celtics and be full go ready for hte warriors with hte best player in the world and kyrie. Also word from wades camp and common since is if Wade gets baught out hes signing with Cavs.

Playoff rotation0

PG- Irving
SG- Wade
SF- Melo
PF- Lebron
C- Love

Im dead!!! Still got ur shooters off the bench Krover, Smith

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 11:06 AM
His only option should be cleveland. Not only is that a team he would fit perfectly on, but wtf would a 33 year old wanna go out west? Best ur body down throughout a very hard season and playoffs just to get nailed by the warriors in 4 or 5 games? no thanks

Go to cavs, cake walk the season, maybe get a small text from the celtics and be full go ready for hte warriors with hte best player in the world and kyrie. Also word from wades camp and common since is if Wade gets baught out hes signing with Cavs.

Playoff rotation0

PG- Irving
SG- Wade
SF- Melo
PF- Lebron
C- Love

Let's get it done!

KingPosey
07-03-2017, 11:21 AM

Playoff rotation0

PG- Irving
SG- Wade
SF- Melo
PF- Lebron
C- Love

What are we talking here, like a dick pic?

mightybosstone
07-03-2017, 11:26 AM

Playoff rotation0

PG- Irving
SG- Wade
SF- Melo
PF- Lebron
C- Love

That lineup makes zero sense. Love would get slaughtered playing center. Melo would fit better in Houston as a stretch 4. His best production statistically by a wide margin was when he played PF for Mike Woodson for two years.

PG: Chris Paul
SG: James Harden
SF: Trevor Ariza
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: Clint Capela

That lineup isn't as sexy from a name standpoint as the one you posted, but it fits a hell of a lot better on paper than your lineup does. And Melo will get way more touches offensively this way.

c.c.
07-03-2017, 11:44 AM
"In Morey We Trust"

WaDe03
That lineup makes zero sense. Love would get slaughtered playing center. Melo would fit better in Houston as a stretch 4. His best production statistically by a wide margin was when he played PF for Mike Woodson for two years.

That lineup isn't as sexy from a name standpoint as the one you posted, but it fits a hell of a lot better on paper than your lineup does. And Melo will get way more touches offensively this way.

He's saying as a closing lineup against Golden State who goes small. In that regard it does make sense. I bet you all get him though.

According to Chad Ochocinco his source already told him Melo to Houston lol.

eDush

Playoff rotation0

PG- Irving
SG- Wade
SF- Melo
PF- Lebron
C- Love

That lineup isn't as sexy from a name standpoint as the one you posted, but it fits a hell of a lot better on paper than your lineup does. And Melo will get way more touches offensively this way.But he's under the illusion the team with the most all star players in the starting unit will win the games and the championship regardless of fit.

I guess that's why we won every Olympic gold medal with that same simple philosophy
:laugh:

AllBall
07-03-2017, 12:06 PM

The Cavs were trying to give up Love for him before. Now that David Griffin and Phil Jackson are gone, maybe that deal gets done.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Lucky for him those are the only 2 teams that want him lol

Htownballa1622
07-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Lucky for him those are the only 2 teams that want him lol

The 2 closest competitors to GSW.:up:

Everyone else is afraid to pull the trigger ;) :p

TrueFan420
07-03-2017, 12:30 PM

Was thinking the same damn thing

Vinylman
07-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Guys

He is getting bought out so there is no reason to trade for him. It's just a question of whether he goes to Cleveland or Houston.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 01:47 PM

No but Ibaka is going to play cemter noe and Val has always been irratiobally been in Caseys doghouse

JordansBulls
07-04-2017, 12:57 PM

Playoff rotation0

PG- Irving
SG- Wade
SF- Melo
PF- Lebron
C- Love

Why would the Bulls buy out Wade's contract? It still counts against the cap. It is basically giving a player money to say go away. I see no point in that nor do you think Bulls management would do such a thing when they can use Wade to fill the stands?

prodigy
07-04-2017, 01:22 PM

Love would get slaughtered playing center? explain please.

1. Love is one of the best rebounders in basketball.
2. Umm, unless we see another shaq SF's can play center at times lol. times have changed sir. Teams are going much smaller. End of the day i think he's ok going against ZAZA in the finals. Even more so with Green on Carmelo.

The lineup you posted won't make the finals. The lineup i posted would work great. Got ur shooters, drivers. Wades minutes would be limited to stay fresh and healthy so he would run with the bench a lot. Melo would also allow Lebron to get much more rest.

prodigy
07-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Why would the Bulls buy out Wade's contract? It still counts against the cap. It is basically giving a player money to say go away. I see no point in that nor do you think Bulls management would do such a thing when they can use Wade to fill the stands?

I was just going off what the bulls Owner said. He would consider a buyout if it "benefited the Bulls". Meaning wade would have to eat a huge potion of that money. Its more likely if the team is playing horrible (most likely will be) and they buyout Wade as a sign of respect mid season-ish. May not happen. No means did i say my lineup was fact lol. Just something thats possible.

Hustla23
07-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Either of the teams would be an excellent situation for Melo.

Melo is 33 but this would be the first time that he wouldn't have to be the #1 option on offense. Playing off of playmakers like Lebron or CP3/Harden would allow him to put up beastly offensive production IMO.

Rockets have nothing besides Anderson's contract so if we're going to be absorbing that I want two first round picks unprotected in 2020 and 2022.

Cavs would probably match salaries with Shumpert, Frye, and some other dude so I'll take that plus a first round pick.