PDA

View Full Version : Early predict next year's West standings!

HandsOnTheWheel
07-03-2017, 01:41 AM
Lots of movement so far.

1. GS
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. TWolves
6. Jazz
7. Memphis
8. Nuggets

Give an early prediction to next year's West standings!

Scoots
07-03-2017, 01:48 AM
Jesus the West is going to be brutal.

Portland with some health will be in the mix.
Clippers lost CP3 and JJ, but they added Beverley, Decker, and unleashed Griffin ... they could make the playoffs.

Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, and even the Kings could be fun to watch and none of them are tanking anymore ... I think.

Twolves88
07-03-2017, 02:46 AM
This is really tough....

1. GS- stands to reason they have to be first bringing back essentially the same team.
2. Rockets- good offseason additions adding on to their current roster.
3. OKC- PG makes them a legit team with westbrook.
4. Jazz- adding Rubio was actually a huge move for this team. If they can keep Hayward I expect them to build on last years success
5. Spurs- I'm not sure how TP returns or how Mills does in his first year of getting a larger role. Losing Salmons and Demond might also hurt.
6. Timberwolves- I can't rank them higher until they actually have some on the court chemistry. I think the early season and lack of outside shooting hurts them. That being said they could reach the 3 seed if they develop quicker.
7. Memphis- Same team as last year -tony allen. Probably the same results.
8. This one is tough, could see Portland, Denver or even NO. Not sure...

That NW conference is going to be freaking brutal.

GoferKing_
07-03-2017, 03:37 AM
With such stacked West you do not have to tank to have a bad W/L column.

rhino17
07-03-2017, 05:26 AM
1) Golden State
2) Houston
3) San Antonio
4) OKC
5) Utah
6) Denver
7) Minny
8) LA Clippers

I think all of these teams win 50 games, 6-8 can be in any order imo

Ahriman
07-03-2017, 09:53 AM
I'd say:

1- Golden State - Clear cut #1
2- San Antonio - They always seem to have a couple of new guys who can step up plus their system is rock solid
3- Houston - I still see them behind SA as I think CP3 and Harden will need some time to get used to each other
4- OKC - As long as RWB stop the rebounding stat padding and actually plays defense they should be up there with George in the mix
5- Utah - If they manage to keep Hayward
6- Denver - Adding Millsap to a growing core of Jokic-Harris-Murray is a big get for them. Hopefully Murray will take the next step
7- Minnesota - Thibs has not impressed me so far in Minny and I don't think they go very high in the rankings as their starting 5 will have only 2 guys from last year. Chemistry will take some time to be built
8- Memphis - Even 1 year older they still get the job done so I pick them over Clips & Blazers

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 10:01 AM
1. Golden State
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Thunder
5. Wolves (would be fighting for 3 if they got Millsap)
6. Nuggets (they'll get George Hill too, may end up 5th)
7. Grizzlies
8. Clippers

Hawkeye15
07-03-2017, 10:11 AM
still a bit early to predict, as we haven't seen teams fill out the roster yet. But, at this moment:

GS
SA
Houston
OKC
Minnesota
Denver

If Hayward goes back to Utah, they slide in around 5-ish. Memphis might be in there later playoff picture wise

The west got even stronger, obviously. I think the #6-7 team could easily fight for a 1 seed out east..

warfelg
07-03-2017, 10:12 AM
1) Salary Tax
2) Seattle
3) Betting lines
4) Las Vegas
5) Bookies checking accounts
6) Broken Legs
7) Reno
8 ) Golden State

hugepatsfan
07-03-2017, 11:03 AM
I can't wait for the reactions once GS goes something like 12-4 through this "super conference" lol

Hawkeye15
07-03-2017, 11:05 AM
I can't wait for the reactions once GS goes something like 12-4 through this "super conference" lol

that's just it. Everyone cries about how weak the east is, and GS just ripped through the west like they didn't even matter haha.

Everyone is playing for 2nd place, unless injuries/something odd happens. Just is what it is for the next year or two..

tredigs
07-03-2017, 11:08 AM
that's just it. Everyone cries about how weak the east is, and GS just ripped through the west like they didn't even matter haha.

Everyone is playing for 2nd place, unless injuries/something odd happens. Just is what it is for the next year or two..

Well, the current East is probably the weakest conference (certainly relative to competition) in NBA history, so why would that go unnoticed. But yes, the Warriors should still thrash all the other All Star squads in the West.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Portland closed out last year as the 2nd hottest team in the NBA and they didn't get worse this offseason and nobody is putting them in their playoff picture now.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Well, the current East is probably the weakest conference (certainly relative to competition) in NBA history, so why would that go unnoticed. But yes, the Warriors should still thrash all the other All Star squads in the West.

it doesn't need to go unnoticed, I am simply stating, why does it even matter this last year, or this coming year? People can cry how weak the east is all they want, it doesn't mean a damn thing. The west is playing for 2nd place just as well..

Scoots
07-03-2017, 11:38 AM
The Pelicans are the Warriors wild card. If the Warriors meet them in the playoffs and both sides are healthy that would be REALLY hard for the Warriors to win. Jrue is the best PG man defender on Curry, and the Warriors have not shown they can slow AD or Boogie.

SiteWolf
07-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Portland closed out last year as the 2nd hottest team in the NBA and they didn't get worse this offseason and nobody is putting them in their playoff picture now.

agreed, they more likely improved with their draft, yet some predict the Jazz near division winners yet they don't have Hayward locked up

TheDish87
07-03-2017, 12:01 PM
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Thunder
5. Jazz (based on Heyward staying)
6. Grizzlies
7. Nuggets
8. Pelicans

*i think MN flops and finishes 10th.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-03-2017, 12:05 PM
1. Golden State
2. Houston
3. San Antonio
4. OKC
5. Minnesota
6. Utah
7. Denver
8. New Orleans

kdspurman
07-03-2017, 12:08 PM

This guy will have something to say about that

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDv4sDYV0AAf42e.jpg:large

Htownballa1622
07-03-2017, 12:21 PM

KL for Ariza and the nearest buckee's on i10 between Houston and San Antonio.

Who says no?:smoking:

tp13baby
07-03-2017, 12:37 PM

Let's first see if Nurkic can be consistent for a full year.

mavwar53
07-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Hayward is not staying, George Hill is way better than Rubio. Jazz finish 11th.

1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Pelicans
6. T-Wolves
7. Blazers
8. Grizzlies

The battle for 7 and 8 should be fun with the 2 above and the nuggets.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Let's first see if Nurkic can be consistent for a full year.

Sure, but EVERY team has a load of "ifs" associated with them. The Warriors best option at center right now is a retiring West. Nobody has seen how CP3 and Harden will play together under D'Antoni or if their defense will show up. Are Tony Parker and Manu really going to be key pieces again in San Antonio (Maradona says Manu is coming back)? Is Westbrook going to play a team game this year and how are they going to fill out their roster? Are the Wolves going to suddenly show that defensive improvement we all hoped we would see at least start happening last year? Are the Jazz even going to have Hayward back? Are the Nuggets going to find consistency and learn how to play 48 minutes? Can the Pelicans have a decent offensive flow AND play wing defense?

LOTS of questions.

kdspurman
07-03-2017, 01:00 PM
KL for Ariza and the nearest buckee's on i10 between Houston and San Antonio.

Who says no?:smoking:

haha..

KL on Houston would be be something.

But I could think of a couple people who say no :)

tredigs
07-03-2017, 01:00 PM
it doesn't need to go unnoticed, I am simply stating, why does it even matter this last year, or this coming year? People can cry how weak the east is all they want, it doesn't mean a damn thing. The west is playing for 2nd place just as well..
Because the West has foundations and more than a few potential contenders if the cards break right or if the Warriors suffer injury woes. The East is just a **** show and their potential top contender is not even looking to strike while the iron is hot.

tp13baby
07-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Sure, but EVERY team has a load of "ifs" associated with them. The Warriors best option at center right now is a retiring West. Nobody has seen how CP3 and Harden will play together under D'Antoni or if their defense will show up. Are Tony Parker and Manu really going to be key pieces again in San Antonio (Maradona says Manu is coming back)? Is Westbrook going to play a team game this year and how are they going to fill out their roster? Are the Wolves going to suddenly show that defensive improvement we all hoped we would see at least start happening last year? Are the Jazz even going to have Hayward back? Are the Nuggets going to find consistency and learn how to play 48 minutes? Can the Pelicans have a decent offensive flow AND play wing defense?

LOTS of questions.

Point being was Nurkic was motivated to get back at Denver. Being hot doesn't mean it transfers to next season. Nurkic before last seasons stretch was the most inconsistent big in th league. Dude is a pre madonna.

Your right though I agree with every team has ifs.

GS
Houston
SAS
OKC
Blazers
Denver
Pelicans
Wolves

nastynice
07-03-2017, 01:23 PM
The west got even stronger, obviously. I think the #6-7 team could easily fight for a 1 seed out east..

Yea, it's weird cuz it started to look like the east was finally catching up, but after last year's playoffs and this offseason, it's starting to look all lopsided again.

nastynice
07-03-2017, 01:28 PM

No, the west has potential, there are ballers out west and some teaming up now. Think about it, you think AD and cousins would be ranked this low in the east? Completely diff game.

T wolves in the east would also be looking like a top team.

Both solid squads, but just clearly illustrate the talent diff between the two sides. Those guys in the west can get hot or throw some game plan out there, they can challenge us. Ain't nobody challenging the Cavs in the east

eDush
07-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Hayward is not staying, George Hill is way better than Rubio. Jazz finish 11th.

1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. OKC
4. Spurs
5. Pelicans
6. T-Wolves
7. Blazers
8. Grizzlies

The battle for 7 and 8 should be fun with the 2 above and the nuggets.Agree with first two sentences and the top spot. With reliable vets Butler and Gibson, they are now number 3 behind the Spurs. Rox drops to forth cause the Beard would not change to accommodate CP3. OKC at 4 to round out the top 5 if all teams remain healthy :nod:

Hawkeye15
07-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Because the West has foundations and more than a few potential contenders if the cards break right or if the Warriors suffer injury woes. The East is just a **** show and their potential top contender is not even looking to strike while the iron is hot.

oh sure, I agree with that. I think much of the league has just thrown in the towel the next 2 years. hell I am fighting with whom I consider a great poster in the Wolves forum, because he doesn't like our moves at the expense of keeping the youth, figuring the next 2 years are wasted, so why bother..

eDush
07-03-2017, 02:26 PM
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Thunder
5. Jazz (based on Heyward staying)
6. Grizzlies
7. Nuggets
8. Pelicans

*i think MN flops and finishes 10th.In your dreams Minny flop but it not happening.

1.Dubs
2.Spurs
3.TWolves
4.OKC
5.Rox
6.Lakers (if they sign Hill as starter)
7.Pelicans
8.Suns (Jackson will surprise)
-------------------
9.Blazer
10.Nuggets
11.Grizz
12.Mavs
13.Jazz ;No Hayward)
14.Kings
15.Clippers

If Minny signs Rose which I expect they would and they remain healthy, they could sneak up to 2nd over the Spurs. Pop will rest his players more next season and don't care about win/losses as long as their key players are fresh and healthy. Hill will help the Lakers get into the playoffs as the surprise dark horse with Zubac becoming the dominant 5 that I have projected. They are that good people with Luke running the rhythm and flow offense. Rox will implode before they start adjusting at the mid point of the season as a team to roar into the playoffs. OKC will have an easier time winning games but Adams is an overrated 5 that will continue to hold them back even with PG. Suns sneaks in due to Jackson immediate impact.

Boogie will hurt the Pels like the Kings. Grizz finally showing their age and will need to start rebuilding by dumping their key players at the trading deadline.

And my Dubs will make it back to back with my Steph winning MVP and FMVP!
:cheer::win::cheer:

hugepatsfan
07-03-2017, 02:26 PM
oh sure, I agree with that. I think much of the league has just thrown in the towel the next 2 years. hell I am fighting with whom I consider a great poster in the Wolves forum, because he doesn't like our moves at the expense of keeping the youth, figuring the next 2 years are wasted, so why bother..

Nah you guys were smart because of what you gave up. Dunn isn't very good right now and I don't buy that he'll ever be more than a Marcus Smart type. #7 is a nice pick but none of the guys there project o be great. LaVine is a good player but nothing special. You guys are past the point of picking high in the lottery with what you had even before the trade.

Honestly, none of what you have up is anything great for "building for the future". I don't buy that teams should punt. They should still go for it. But where I think you should draw the line is with premium assets. High lottery picks, young players that are all-stars or have shown potential to reasonably think they could be. Other than chips like that, go for it because you never know what can happen. MIN didn't give up any of those. If CHI said we want Wiggins straight up then I would say bad move for MIN because he is one of those young players that looks to be an all star caliber of player or at least has the potential.

tredigs
07-03-2017, 02:29 PM
You guys still have elite young talent (the 2nd best young talent in the league imo) and now are in the driver's seat to retain Jimmy B. I do NOT like Rubio out and Teague in (at a higher price), but you guys are in a great situation going forward and have a lot to root for this season. Overall a huge win of an off season.

Also to those who were saying they won't be watching the reg season next year? Lmao. May be one of the most fun reg seasons in memory, even if we do know the Cavs and Warriors are clearly ahead of their respective packs.

Heediot
07-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Whoreriors and Spurs will have the top two records, after that I have to see how chemistry forms with all these big time additions.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2017, 02:36 PM
You guys still have elite young talent (the 2nd best young talent in the league imo) and now are in the driver's seat to retain Jimmy B. I do NOT like Rubio out and Teague in (at a higher price), but you guys are in a great situation going forward and have a lot to root for this season. Overall a huge win of an off season.

Also to those who were saying they won't be watching the reg season next year? Lmao. May be one of the most fun reg seasons in memory, even if we do know the Cavs and Warriors are clearly ahead of their respective packs.

Nah you guys were smart because of what you gave up. Dunn isn't very good right now and I don't buy that he'll ever be more than a Marcus Smart type. #7 is a nice pick but none of the guys there project o be great. LaVine is a good player but nothing special. You guys are past the point of picking high in the lottery with what you had even before the trade.

Honestly, none of what you have up is anything great for "building for the future". I don't buy that teams should punt. They should still go for it. But where I think you should draw the line is with premium assets. High lottery picks, young players that are all-stars or have shown potential to reasonably think they could be. Other than chips like that, go for it because you never know what can happen. MIN didn't give up any of those. If CHI said we want Wiggins straight up then I would say bad move for MIN because he is one of those young players that looks to be an all star caliber of player or at least has the potential.

Oh I agree with both of you. I don't think we really sacrificed much at all to get Butler. And while I wasn't that pleased with the Rubio-Teague swap, it did give us a pick to use to grab shooting, and my concerns about Rubio killing us with his lack of scoring come playoff time will never be realized now. All in all, I think we have had a very good offseason. This was our last summer to use cap money. It's gone after this year. So far, I am comfortable with a B+ for the summer.

Can the Wolves contend with their current core now? Perhaps, if Towns turns into a top 2-3 player, and it overlaps with Butler being a top 10 player. Wiggins is a wild card, I am not high on him at all, but if he gets to borderline all star level, we could at least present matchup issues for GS (seriously, who guards Towns on that roster?). But I also was about 30 games of us sucking from tuning out the NBA for a couple years, so it's refreshing to know we are probably playing into May now.

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 02:37 PM
In your dreams Minny flop but it not happening.

1.Dubs
2.Spurs
3.TWolves
4.OKC
5.Rox
7.Pelicans
-------------------
9.Blazer
10.Nuggets
11.Grizz
12.Mavs
13.Jazz ;No Hayward)
14.Kings
15.Clippers

If Minny signs Rose which I expect they would and they remain healthy, they could sneak up to 2nd over the Spurs. Pop will rest his players more next season and don't care about win/losses as long as their key players are fresh and healthy. Hill will help the Lakers get into the playoffs as the surprise dark horse with Zubac becoming the dominant 5 that I have projected. They are that good people with Luke running the rhythm and flow offense. Rox will implode before they start adjusting at the mid point of the season as a team to roar into the playoffs. OKC will have an easier time winning games but Adams is an overrated 5 that will continue to hold them back even with PG. Suns sneaks in due to Jackson immediate impact.

Boogie will hurt the Pels like the Kings. Grizz finally showing their age and will need to start rebuilding by dumping their key players at the trading deadline.

Minny would be dumb to sign Rose. He's made of glass and him and Jimmy hate each other. Your ranking is terrible too :nod: :clap: :ohno:

tredigs
07-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Oh and I didn't love the Taj deal but only selfishly because I don't think he's a fit in the current landscape and wouldn't be able to see the floor much against GS in a playoff matchup (so I like it from a fan view but not for Minny). Just two years though so not a game changer. Smart to keep it short.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Point being was Nurkic was motivated to get back at Denver. Being hot doesn't mean it transfers to next season. Nurkic before last seasons stretch was the most inconsistent big in th league. Dude is a pre madonna.

Your right though I agree with every team has ifs.

GS
Houston
SAS
OKC
Blazers
Denver
Pelicans
Wolves

Even if Nurkic is a primadonna, he showed the Blazers what they needed and what they could be. They don't need a miracle from him they have a lot of talent other places too. But yeah, consistency is key, I think it's a major factor in the Spurs, Clippers, and Grizzlies making the playoffs year after year.

eDush
07-04-2017, 03:09 PM

1.Dubs
2.Spurs
3.TWolves
4.OKC
5.Rox
7.Pelicans
-------------------
9.Blazer
10.Nuggets
11.Grizz
12.Mavs
13.Jazz ;No Hayward)
14.Kings
15.Clippers

Minny would be dumb to sign Rose. He's made of glass and him and Jimmy hate each other. Your ranking is terrible too :nod: :clap: :ohno:
So everyone has Utah and Memphis making the playoffs unlike me. The question now is how many people will change their prediction now and follow my lead. I know I won't be changing mine like all you flip floppers :laugh:

Wow I am good at this... :nod:

rhino17
07-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Readjusting now...

1) Golden State
2) Houston
3) San Antonio
4) OKC
5) Denver
6) Minny
7) Clippers
8) Utah

chitownredbulls
07-04-2017, 03:36 PM
The Pelicans are the Warriors wild card. If the Warriors meet them in the playoffs and both sides are healthy that would be REALLY hard for the Warriors to win. Jrue is the best PG man defender on Curry, and the Warriors have not shown they can slow AD or Boogie.

Smh... the pelicans got no depth...i ain't no warriors fan but sweep.....

KnickNyKnick
07-04-2017, 03:49 PM
but.. but, Lavar Ball Promised LA will make the playoffs...

WaDe03
07-04-2017, 04:12 PM
So everyone has Utah and Memphis making the playoffs unlike me. The question now is how many people will change their prediction now and follow my lead. I know I won't be changing mine like all you flip floppers :laugh:

Wow I am good at this... :nod:

This makes no sense. :nod: :clap:

goingfor28
07-05-2017, 01:48 AM

1.Dubs
2.Spurs
3.TWolves
4.OKC
5.Rox
7.Pelicans
-------------------
9.Blazer
10.Nuggets
11.Grizz
12.Mavs
13.Jazz ;No Hayward)
14.Kings
15.Clippers

LOL Lakers 6th. And Clippers 15?

Wtf

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mrblisterdundee
07-05-2017, 03:39 PM
It's time for my Blazers, who have one of the three most-porous back courts in the NBA, to miss the playoffs, unless of course Collins and Nurkic save us.

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Thunder
5. Nuggets
6. Timberwolves
7. Clippers
8. Pelicans

TheDish87
07-05-2017, 03:50 PM

1.Dubs
2.Spurs
3.TWolves
4.OKC
5.Rox
7.Pelicans
-------------------
9.Blazer
10.Nuggets
11.Grizz
12.Mavs
13.Jazz ;No Hayward)
14.Kings
15.Clippers

jesus its amazing how delusional you are.

tredigs
07-05-2017, 03:52 PM
It's time for my Blazers, who have one of the three most-porous back courts in the NBA, to miss the playoffs, unless of course Collins and Nurkic save us.

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Thunder
5. Nuggets
6. Timberwolves
7. Clippers
8. Pelicans

McCollum/Lillard is a bottom 3 backcourt? Huh?

The dust has not settled yet but barring injury (obviously will never be the case), I'd go with:

1: Warriors
2: Rockets
3: Spurs
4: Thunder
5: Wolves
6: Nuggets
7: Pelicans
8: Blazers

Readjusted mine based on remembering that the Clips don't have Blake until at least December. Not having him is one thing, but not being able to practice with him or build cohesion (in a VERY different situation that will play way different without CP3) over the summer is huge. They're not making the playoffs unless everything breaks perfect. And with Gallo/Blake, you know the start of the season will be far from the only set of games one (more likely both) of those guys miss.

FOXHOUND
07-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Want to wait for all of the dust to settle, but as of today,

1. Warriors - Nick Young signing.
2. Rockets - Paul will bump them to 57-60 win range.
3. Thunder - George will bump them to 53-56 win range.
4. Spurs - Step back to develop Murray and transition, as of now think they will drop to 50-55 win range.
5. Blazers - Nurkic emergence and post break play fluke?
6. Nuggets - Continuing growth + great role/glue guy in Millsap will seamlessly fit in.
7. Wolves - growing pains with major adjustments coming will lead to slow start.
- end of teams I think can win 50 games
8. Clippers - Blake finally healthy again? Gallinari health?
9. Jazz - Quin Snyder.
10. Pelicans - Lack of depth + Davis health?
- end of potential .500+ teams
11. Grizzlies
12. Mavericks
13. Kings
14. Lakers
15. Suns

4North
07-05-2017, 06:52 PM

Boogie actually doesn't play very well against The Warriors. 3 well below average shooting performances against them this year. His Offensive and Defensive ratings against them are among his lowest against anyone over the last couple years.

jphysics
07-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Want to wait for all of the dust to settle, but as of today,

1. Warriors - Nick Young signing.
2. Rockets - Paul will bump them to 57-60 win range.
3. Thunder - George will bump them to 53-56 win range.
4. Spurs - Step back to develop Murray and transition, as of now think they will drop to 50-55 win range.
5. Blazers - Nurkic emergence and post break play fluke?
6. Nuggets - Continuing growth + great role/glue guy in Millsap will seamlessly fit in.
7. Wolves - growing pains with major adjustments coming will lead to slow start.
- end of teams I think can win 50 games
8. Clippers - Blake finally healthy again? Gallinari health?
9. Jazz - Quin Snyder.
10. Pelicans - Lack of depth + Davis health?
- end of potential .500+ teams
11. Grizzlies
12. Mavericks
13. Kings
14. Lakers
15. Suns

LOL. Its hilarious that the nick young signing is the justification for ranking the Warriors #1 :)

jphysics
07-05-2017, 08:54 PM
1) Warriors.
2) Rockets. Dantoni teams can do great in the regular season. They always fall apart in the playoffs.
3) Spurs.

The rest is honestly a crap shoot, but I'd go

4) Thunder
5) Wolves
6) Clippers
7) Blazers
8) Jazz
9) Nuggets
10) Grizzlies (Randolph loss might crush them though)
11) Pelicans
12) Lakers
13) Kings
14) Suns
15) Mavericks

valade16
07-06-2017, 12:09 AM
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. OKC
5. Wolves
6. Blazers
7. Nuggets
8. Clippers/Jazz

That would be my prediction.

Mr.B
07-06-2017, 10:14 AM
1) Warriors.
2) Rockets. Dantoni teams can do great in the regular season. They always fall apart in the playoffs.
3) Spurs.

The rest is honestly a crap shoot, but I'd go

4) Thunder
5) Wolves
6) Clippers
7) Blazers
8) Jazz
9) Nuggets
10) Grizzlies (Randolph loss might crush them though)
11) Pelicans
12) Lakers
13) Kings
14) Suns
15) Mavericks

This would be ideal for my Mavs. Tank for 1 year and get a top 3 pick to get their PF of the future to play with DSJ, Noel, and Barnes.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2017, 10:49 AM

I don't think the Spurs can challenge the Warriors. Maybe they are the team that pushes them best, but you just can't stop GS for 7 games. Not possible imo, if healthy.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2017, 11:02 AM

I always thought Rubio did about as well on Curry as you can..

I think the Wolves could, at some point, present matchup issues for GS. They simply don't have anyone that will be able to stop Towns.

TheDish87
07-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Green can handle Towns just fine

tp13baby
07-06-2017, 01:24 PM

Green struggles against Jokic, Towns is better all around than Jokic. Towns started developing a fade away last year and if he gets that, this dude can't be stopped.

kdspurman
07-06-2017, 01:24 PM
I don't think the Spurs can challenge the Warriors. Maybe they are the team that pushes them best, but you just can't stop GS for 7 games. Not possible imo, if healthy.

Anything is possible. And any team is beatable imo. It'll take damn near perfect execution and what not, but it's possible.

I just hope we can be healthy next time around.

TheDish87
07-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Green struggles against Jokic, Towns is better all around than Jokic. Towns started developing a fade away last year and if he gets that, this dude can't be stopped.

sample size? these guys arent going to make enough of an impact or be some unstoppable force for 7 games against the green/warriors. The Wolves would get swept and lose by 10+ every game.

Vee-Rex
07-06-2017, 01:29 PM
You can tell eDush was originally a Lakers fan who bandwagoned onto the Dubs. High ranking for the Lakers and a super low ranking for the Clippers.

1. Dubs
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. Thunder
5. Wolves/Blazers
6. Blazers/Wolves
7. Nuggets
8. Pelicans

9. Jazz
10. Grizzlies
11. Clippers (Blake not coming back 'til December and will probably get hurt again while Gallinari is injury prone himself - they will be featuring DJ and Austin Rivers)
12. Lakers
13. Kings
14. Mavs
15. Suns

Edit: I can even see the Nuggets at 6th and Blazers at 7th. I think the Millsap addition basically guarantees a playoff spot for Denver and can see their young guys taking a step up.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2017, 01:37 PM

not really. Towns gave him problems his rookie year, and gives GS problems in general due to height/skillset. When he starts to mature more, GS won't be able to go small and defend Towns. Green isn't long enough to bother a maturing Towns on the block.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2017, 01:37 PM
sample size? these guys arent going to make enough of an impact or be some unstoppable force for 7 games against the green/warriors. The Wolves would get swept and lose by 10+ every game.
nobody is saying the current Wolves pose a threat. I am saying, their best player 3 years from now will be a matchup nightmare for GS, unless their roster makeup changes to accommodate.

warfelg
07-06-2017, 01:50 PM
not really. Towns gave him problems his rookie year, and gives GS problems in general due to height/skillset. When he starts to mature more, GS won't be able to go small and defend Towns. Green isn't long enough to bother a maturing Towns on the block.

Size along with athleticism does tend to give Green issues. He seems to handle one or the other fine, but when he get's both he struggles to have as big of an impact.

FOXHOUND
07-06-2017, 01:55 PM
LOL. Its hilarious that the nick young signing is the justification for ranking the Warriors #1 :)

You see Durant's reaction tweet about it? He knows Swaggy is coming for his job... :laugh2:

tp13baby
07-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Well we don't play GS 7 times a year so you can't say that either. 2 Games Jokic started, basically Draymond covers Jokic he was 19 points 14 rebounds 8.5 assissts. Im not a Minny fan but in no way do I feel scared about Towns going up against Dray. He matches his physicality, he is stronger, a variety of moves, and has range. Its not discrediting Dray cause he is a stud, thats how good i believe Towns is.

In 7 games I would love to see Minny vs GS and just show Towns is legit the best big man in the NBA. Yupp I went there.

goingfor28
07-06-2017, 03:04 PM
You can tell eDush was originally a Lakers fan who bandwagoned onto the Dubs. High ranking for the Lakers and a super low ranking for the Clippers.

1. Dubs
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. Thunder
5. Wolves/Blazers
6. Blazers/Wolves
7. Nuggets
8. Pelicans

9. Jazz
10. Grizzlies
11. Clippers (Blake not coming back 'til December and will probably get hurt again while Gallinari is injury prone himself - they will be featuring DJ and Austin Rivers)
12. Lakers
13. Kings
14. Mavs
15. Suns

Edit: I can even see the Nuggets at 6th and Blazers at 7th. I think the Millsap addition basically guarantees a playoff spot for Denver and can see their young guys taking a step up.

What?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TheDish87
07-06-2017, 04:06 PM

last season he had one game above his averages against GSW and one well below while losing 3 of the 4

Hawkeye15
07-06-2017, 04:41 PM
last season he had one game above his averages against GSW and one well below while losing 3 of the 4

He is 21, going against the current DPOY. Towns also beat him multiple times the year prior in GS when the Wolves upset the Warriors.

Towns will be a matchup problem for the Warriors. Trust me.

tp13baby
07-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Averaged 23 points and 11 rebounds per game. 53 percent shooting. 33 min. Adjusted for minutes really not off his season averages at all. He didn't struggle by any means really against arguably the best defender in the league. There is no way Kerr was dumb enough to put Zaza on him all 3 games the entire time. I guess you would have to see game film.

Game 1 27 min, 8/10 shooting, 21 points
Game 2 38 min 10/18 shooting, 23 points
Game 3 34 min 8/21 shooting, 25 points

Hawkeye15
07-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Averaged 23 points and 11 rebounds per game. 53 percent shooting. 33 min. Adjusted for minutes really not off his season averages at all. He didn't struggle by any means really against arguably the best defender in the league. There is no way Kerr was dumb enough to put Zaza on him all 3 games the entire time. I guess you would have to see game film.

Game 1 27 min, 8/10 shooting, 21 points
Game 2 38 min 10/18 shooting, 23 points
Game 3 34 min 8/21 shooting, 25 points

Towns is also 20-32 from the line against the Warriors in his career, which is WAY lower than his usual rate.

Towns will be a matchup problem for every team. But those without a big man that can be physical with him, and have the length will suffer even more. The dude is 21 freaking years old, and maybe the best offensive center in the game already. By this year, if his defense can be a plus, he probably overtakes Davis as the best big in the game. He can shoot the 3, handle the ball, hit midrange, post with either hand, hit FT's, and can pass. He will be absolutely unstoppable during his prime.

tp13baby
07-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Towns is also 20-32 from the line against the Warriors in his career, which is WAY lower than his usual rate.

Towns will be a matchup problem for every team. But those without a big man that can be physical with him, and have the length will suffer even more. The dude is 21 freaking years old, and maybe the best offensive center in the game already. By this year, if his defense can be a plus, he probably overtakes Davis as the best big in the game. He can shoot the 3, handle the ball, hit midrange, post with either hand, hit FT's, and can pass. He will be absolutely unstoppable during his prime.

Nothing I disagree with. I hate seeing him as much as I do during the season, but I truly believe age 23 til his mid 30s he will be a top 5 player every year. I said it back when we discussed Okafor or Towns before the draft in this forum, you would be stupid to pass on Towns. Pretty laughable now looking at that thread now

eDush
07-06-2017, 07:58 PM

1. Dubs
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. Thunder
5. Wolves/Blazers
6. Blazers/Wolves
7. Nuggets
8. Pelicans

9. Jazz
10. Grizzlies
12. Lakers
13. Kings
14. Mavs
15. Suns

What?

Sent from my SM-G920V using TapatalkWrong buddy. I had Hill going to the Lakers as they were meeting when making out my standing but didn't think he would join the Kings. Hill is THAT good is a pg and now it will be a stretch to even get in.

Well I see everyone had UTAH in their top 8 assuming Hayward wants to return when I knew he wouldn't want to return after what they did. Not sure why so many think Hayward like UTAH when I bet he hates living there by taking much less. That's why my standing is still more accurate then most others on here even without changing it and be known as a flip flopper.

:dance: