PDA

View Full Version : Paul Millsap signs with Denver for 3 years, $90 million

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Best PF on the market even before Griffin signed.

He's having a meeting with Minnesota today.

I guarantee he goes to Minnesota on a S&T deal and I also guarantee they get a top 4 seed and are the toughest matchup for Golden State in the playoffs.

That's a super team. If Wiggins and Towns take a huge jump it's going to be very interesting.

I don't see why he would pick the Suns over the Wolves or even Miami or someone with the space.

warfelg
07-01-2017, 11:51 AM
I do see him in minny.

No it's not a super team.

I saw the math somewhere, but they could feasibly trade a 1st with Dieng and sign Milsap outright.

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Mmmm.... I'm going to agree to disagree on a lot of your points here, OP. I've been a Millsap fan for years. I love his versatile game, and I think he's a key piece to a championship contender. But if you have to sign him on a max deal, you'll be regretting that contract in a few years when he goes from being a really good No. 3 to an overpaid role player coming off the bench.

And as far as the short term, I would really like that signing for Minnesota. But I kind of think it makes more sense for them to target younger star-caliber guys. Millsap only has a couple of years of his prime left, and he's already past his peak. I also think it's unlikely that they crack the top 4 in the West. Right now these guys are just pieces. They need to play together for a while, and I think it takes some time for that to happen. I think this team with Millsap could have top 4 seed potential a year from now, but that window with Millsap would close pretty quickly.

So, after all my ramblings, I just don't know if I like this move for Minnesota unless he comes at a discount. I'd much rather see him on a team equipped to win now.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 11:55 AM
I do see him in minny.

I saw the math somewhere, but they could feasibly trade a 1st with Dieng and sign Milsap outright.

Give a 1st with Dieng? Dieng is a good player on a pretty reasonable deal IMO, If BOS misses out on Hayward I'd give them a 1st for him.

mngopher35
Teague
Wiggins
Butler
Millsap
Towns

Looks so good. I am just gonna end up hating gs even more now haha. Finally (might) get a sick team and timing is just off

WaDe03
I do see him in minny.

Top 10 player in Jimmy, all star in Millsap, generational talent in Towns (he needs to take that next step this year), Teague 1 or 2 years removed from being an all star, and Wiggins who can become a lower tier all star.

I would say it's definitely shaping up to be a super team.

Yea you're right on that math they can definitely do that.

Wade n Fade
07-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Slow down on the super team stuff. The T-Wolves need depth because the Warriors can go on vaunted runs when your main guys rest up.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 11:58 AM
Top 10 player in Jimmy, all star in Millsap, generational talent in Towns (he needs to take that next step this year), Teague 1 or 2 years removed from being an all star, and Wiggins who can become a lower tier all star.

Yup. He has the tools to be that good. You need one (or more) of those caliber of players to win. They have one with a good shot to be one so they should be willing to go all-in around him.

warfelg
07-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Give a 1st with Dieng? Dieng is a good player on a pretty reasonable deal IMO, If BOS misses out on Hayward I'd give them a 1st for him.

His next 4 years are:
$14.5
$15
$16
$17

And I think he might have a trade kicker too. Takes him to year 31 for a pretty average player.

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Mmmm.... I'm going to agree to disagree on a lot of your points here, OP. I've been a Millsap fan for years. I love his versatile game, and I think he's a key piece to a championship contender. But if you have to sign him on a max deal, you'll be regretting that contract in a few years when he goes from being a really good No. 3 to an overpaid role player coming off the bench.

And as far as the short term, I would really like that signing for Minnesota. But I kind of think it makes more sense for them to target younger star-caliber guys. Millsap only has a couple of years of his prime left, and he's already past his peak. I also think it's unlikely that they crack the top 4 in the West. Right now these guys are just pieces. They need to play together for a while, and I think it takes some time for that to happen. I think this team with Millsap could have top 4 seed potential a year from now, but that window with Millsap would close pretty quickly.

So, after all my ramblings, I just don't know if I like this move for Minnesota unless he comes at a discount. I'd much rather see him on a team equipped to win now.

Good points but we both know with these once in a generation talents like Towns you never know what type of jump they may make. He could be the best C in the league next year and a top 10 player.

Millsap can only sign 4 years at the most right? I think he will still be good over that span, I haven't seen many signs of him slowing down yet.

It remains to be seen but I really like that mix of youth and all stars going forward. Jimmy is also just now hitting his prime.

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Teague
Wiggins
Butler
Millsap
Towns

Looks so good. I am just gonna end up hating gs even more now haha. Finally (might) get a sick team and timing is just off

I'm on the Wolves bandwagon as Jimmy is my 4th favorite player lol.

I think this is a really tough matchup for Golden State due to you all having two very good bigs. Millsap imo would cancel out Green and Towns will dominate whoever is guarding him.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 12:09 PM
His next 4 years are:
$14.5
$15
$16
$17

And I think he might have a trade kicker too. Takes him to year 31 for a pretty average player.

Hmmm he's older than I thought. Still, he can block shots, rebound, defend, shoot (mid-range) well. I think he checks a lot of boxes as a big man and it's so difficult to do that nowadays because they're asked to play on a wide spectrum. I think he's a rare big man who really fits any style, even if he does nothing elite.

Vee-Rex
07-01-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm on the Wolves bandwagon as Jimmy is my 4th favorite player lol.

I think this is a really tough matchup for Golden State due to you all having two very good bigs. Millsap imo would cancel out Green and Towns will dominate whoever is guarding him.

Jimmy is my 4th favorite player too! I'm definitely on the Wolves bandwagon as well.

It'll take them some time to build chemistry. They're no threat to the Warriors for the 2017-18 season, but if they keep adding pieces and depth and become a cohesive unit... they're gonna be awesome.

Heediot
07-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Milsap's game looks to age solidly on offense like David West. It's his defense that will probably be declining pretty soon.

mavwar53
07-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Well to say right off the bat Jimmy is a top 10 player you lose all credibility.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Let's all just turn Wiggins into a 3 and D player guys.

Bostonjorge
07-01-2017, 01:05 PM
If Millsap goes to Minny then they are #2 behind GS in my opinion. 4 great defenders in the starting lineup with a defensive Head coach.

tp13baby
07-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Millsap to Minnesota would be the dagger in Denvers offseason. At that point I hope we don't sign anyone and just go young. It's been depressing. I hope TC doesn't sign Gallo cause he missed out on everyone.

North Yorker
07-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Millsap to Minnesota would be the dagger in Denvers offseason. At that point I hope we don't sign anyone and just go young. It's been depressing. I hope TC doesn't sign Gallo cause he missed out on everyone.

Do you think Denver will go after Lowry?

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 01:13 PM

In a few years I bet you look back and are happy you didn't sign Milsap. Obviously it'll be disappointing because who the **** doesn't want their team to get better, especially if it's just owner's money on a free agent as the cost. But the dust will settle and eventually you'll look back and at least be able to say you're better off for it.

tp13baby
07-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Do you think Denver will go after Lowry?
We are really interested in George Hill but maybe Lowry too. I would just to hate watching Mostly Murrays minutes slashed and some of Mudiays. At this point Denver needs to trade veterans. Full rebuild while the west is strong.

In a few years I bet you look back and are happy you didn't sign Milsap. Obviously it'll be disappointing because who the **** doesn't want their team to get better, especially if it's just owner's money on a free agent as the cost. But the dust will settle and eventually you'll look back and at least be able to say you're better off for it.

I actually think Millsap ages well. The problem I have is TC will make a terrible move in signing Gallo to a 4 year contract when he is never healthy. That is my biggest fear. He is the Chandler Parsons of this class. Second biggest fear is signing a point guard when we don't really need one.

warfelg
07-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Millsap and Lowry occupy the same place:

That contract will be fine in year 1 and 2....downhill albatross immovable after that.

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Best team since 04. Hope Hawkeye is happy.

Now time to find a troy hudson.

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 06:03 PM
The Suns are out on Millsap. I bet he goes to Minny

tp13baby
07-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Interesting a writer for Minnesota actually said all he knows is Atlanta is the place he is meeting the teams and Denver is one of them. Basketball Insiders has had some faults so this is interesting.

Darren Wolfson tweeted it.

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Just saw minny may be out. Disappointing if so

Eagles4Lyfe
07-01-2017, 06:56 PM
There is no way he goes to Denver at this point in his career.

tp13baby
07-01-2017, 07:08 PM
There is no way he goes to Denver at this point in his career.

Perfect fit next to Jokic. He is either going to Denver or Atlanta. I would almost guarantee it if Minny is truly out which has been reported.

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Nuggets might not even make the playoffs with him. He should go to Minny. They would be far better.

Twolves88
07-01-2017, 07:12 PM
I kind of feel like if we committed this far to going for it we just as well blow our cap space on millsap. I don't think we get past the first or second round but what the hell we are going for it anyways.

If Iggy signs with the rockets that might mean that the west is more open then previously thought. Granted you still have to play against Curry Durant, Klay and Green but at least iggy wont be a concern...

tp13baby
07-01-2017, 07:25 PM
Nuggets might not even make the playoffs with him. He should go to Minny. They would be far better.

Lets not pretend Minnesota didn't had problems last year in progressing Wiggins. You would be fool to think Teague is elite. Whats the bench situation? Denver has cap space, expirings, and friendly deals to make more moves. Not Jimmy Butler type moves, but to see Denver wind up with George Hill too would be huge.

Again Denver scores on everyone, its the defense that is the problem, and PG and PF is where they need upgrades the most on defense.

Laker Legend42
07-01-2017, 07:27 PM
Has anyone noticed that power forwards just aren't in high demand. In the case of Paul milsap he has value because he can shoot from three. The lakers keep trying to talk up Julius Randal. No one wants him. Cleveland can't give Kevin love away even if they threw in free front row season seats. The clippers maxed Blake griffin only because they loss cp3. No team in history who had a power forward as the center of the team ever had any real success. You could say Tim Duncan but we all know he was a center. Two that come to mind is Karl Malone and Charles Barkley. Now you have to either be able to slide between the two forward spots or give some minutes at center. If you're just a power forward teams can slide anyone in there.

Twolves88
07-01-2017, 09:46 PM
I feel like he would be a nice fit in Denver. However, I'm not sure why Denver wants to get into an arms race with the rest of the division. In my opinion they would be best off continuing the youth movement and letting players develop. Minnesota in my opinion also would of been better off. Both teams are now in a stacked division with a chance to make the playoffs to advance maybe to the second round or WCF to get swept.

I mean if Utah resigns Hayward they can be nasty, Portland isn't a great team but can win games and did make the playoffs last year, OKC made the playoffs and just got PG, Minnesota with Butler and Towns.

Denver has some ammo and some great young players but I don't know that I would say as currently constructed that I would pick them over OKC, Utah(with Hayward) or possibly MN.

I think the lack of interest in power forwards is coming from the fact that the PF and SF positions are kind of now developing to be a hybrid. The center position still has some value for anchoring a defense but it's no longer the primary post up and get the ball down low position. I blame this on the fact that it takes centers a long time to develop and a lot of resources. If we had more valid centers in the NBA small ball might have a much harder time working. The fact is that the centers don't have the physical stamina to play the pace of todays game or the ability to cover smaller players on switches.

smith&wesson
07-01-2017, 09:53 PM
S&T with the Raptors for Jonas and Carrol.. 🤔

mrblisterdundee
07-02-2017, 11:40 AM
If only the Thunder could somehow get rid of Kanter, Millsap would be a great fit in Oklahoma with Westbrook and George. That's a legitimate Big Three, along with a decent rim protector.

Chronz
07-02-2017, 12:00 PM
I feel like he would be a nice fit in Denver. However, I'm not sure why Denver wants to get into an arms race with the rest of the division. In my opinion they would be best off continuing the youth movement and letting players develop. Minnesota in my opinion also would of been better off. Both teams are now in a stacked division with a chance to make the playoffs to advance maybe to the second round or WCF to get swept.

I mean if Utah resigns Hayward they can be nasty, Portland isn't a great team but can win games and did make the playoffs last year, OKC made the playoffs and just got PG, Minnesota with Butler and Towns.

Denver has some ammo and some great young players but I don't know that I would say as currently constructed that I would pick them over OKC, Utah(with Hayward) or possibly MN.

I think the lack of interest in power forwards is coming from the fact that the PF and SF positions are kind of now developing to be a hybrid. The center position still has some value for anchoring a defense but it's no longer the primary post up and get the ball down low position. I blame this on the fact that it takes centers a long time to develop and a lot of resources. If we had more valid centers in the NBA small ball might have a much harder time working. The fact is that the centers don't have the physical stamina to play the pace of todays game or the ability to cover smaller players on switches.

That's an interesting thought. Think i agree

hugepatsfan
07-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Taj Gibson to MIN, so we presume they'd be out on this. Looking like he'll head to DEN I'd say.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 01:45 PM
If Millsap does end up going to Denver (which is looking likely), that will just end up being one more nail in the East's coffin that has been this offseason. Of all the All-Star caliber players who've changed teams, every single one of them outside of CP3 will have gone from the East to the West. The one saving grace would be if Hayward decided to sign with Boston or Miami.

Seriously, though, what in the hell is the Eastern Conference doing? Aside from Philly, I don't think one team in the East has gotten significantly better so far this offseason outside of the draft. Meanwhile, Western Conference teams are loading up on all the available talent.

tp13baby
07-02-2017, 02:54 PM

Simply put, Denver doesn't spend this offseason they won't get the chance to. Jokic, Harris and Murray all up for big contracts. It's now or never and Lyles has to come a long way to be considered part of the youth movement. He struggled last year. Position of need and hopefully we get him

IKnowHoops
07-02-2017, 04:54 PM
That's an interesting thought. Think i agree

Not to beat a dead horse, but I agree too. Centers just haven't been good enough or fast enough or have enough stamina. In the 90's Admiral would routinely beat everyone down the court on fast breaks. AD is a drob replica minus 3 inches. AD can flourish in any NBA.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2017, 05:32 PM
If Millsap does end up going to Denver (which is looking likely), that will just end up being one more nail in the East's coffin that has been this offseason. Of all the All-Star caliber players who've changed teams, every single one of them outside of CP3 will have gone from the East to the West. The one saving grace would be if Hayward decided to sign with Boston or Miami.

Seriously, though, what in the hell is the Eastern Conference doing? Aside from Philly, I don't think one team in the East has gotten significantly better so far this offseason outside of the draft. Meanwhile, Western Conference teams are loading up on all the available talent.

No love for the Bucks? Bucks are the same team other then two rookies added and Beasley maybe walks. Also healthy Middleton right out of the gates. Then Parker back in February.

rhino17
07-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Denver is a lot closer to competing than a lot of people are giving them credit for. Jokic will be the best center in basketball in 2 years imo.

And like someone said, if they don't spend now, they won't be able to spend. Jokic and Gary Harris are gonna get max deals when their current contracts are up.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Denver is a lot closer to competing than a lot of people are giving them credit for. Jokic will be the best center in basketball in 2 years imo.

And like someone said, if they don't spend now, they won't be able to spend. Jokic and Gary Harris are gonna get max deals when their current contracts are up.

I would have said that the thought of Garry Harris getting a max deal was ridiculous... And then I saw Sacramento's offer for Otto Porter.

HunterNRoss
07-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania 27s28 seconds ago
More
Free agent Paul Millsap has agreed to a three-year, $90M with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell The Vertical.

WaDe03
07-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Well ****. He should've went to Minny that would've been fun. That's a great contract too.

Wade n Fade
07-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Is Millsap a great player? Yes. Is he worth $30 mill? Definitely no. Is the best player the Nuggets signed via FA in years? Hell yes. They overpaid for him, but he is definitely better than Serge Ibaka or acquiring an injury prone Kevin Love.

Twolves88
07-02-2017, 11:09 PM
30 mil a year is a good deal? I'd say the length is ok but at 30 mil a year that's a hard pass

WaDe03
07-02-2017, 11:12 PM
He's worth 30M because that's what the market is now plain and simple. That's not even his max either and it's pretty short term while he'll still be an all star level player. That's a great signing.

bucketss
07-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania 27s28 seconds ago
More
Free agent Paul Millsap has agreed to a three-year, $90M with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell The Vertical.

i like sham bombs more than woj bombs

WaDe03
07-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Team option for the 3rd year, makes it even better.

WaDe03
07-02-2017, 11:23 PM
i like sham bombs more than woj bombs

He's ******** on Woj this year.

tp13baby
07-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Sources saying the 3 year is a team option. Absolutely unreal if that's the case.

Ty Fast
07-02-2017, 11:26 PM
I like it for Denver. They got an all star without giving up anything and they still have a lot of trade chips.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Send Faried to the Raps now that you dont need him. Raps offer Val and Jpseph for Barton and Faried. Get a PG to take the ball out of Mudiays hands :puke: and you get a good backup C in Val instead on an undersized PF in Faried (since Millsap takes most of the minutes there anyway)

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2017, 11:31 PM
With Harris and Jokic nearing RFA soon, itll be crazy that both will probably get near max offers and would tie like $80 mil to those 3 guys.

bucketss
07-02-2017, 11:35 PM
He's ******** on Woj this year.

i guess woj was just a system reporter.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2017, 11:45 PM
Dang, down it goes another overpaid player.

zn23
07-02-2017, 11:57 PM
Millsap wanted to play with a future hall of famer.

zn23
07-03-2017, 12:00 AM
Now it's time for the Nuggets to sign George Hill and get rid of Mudiay and Nelson.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 12:54 AM
you cant say this is a bad deal at all... I think he will get all 3 years because i think he will be great and they will keep him that 3rd year... its 2 years 60 mill with a 3rd year being up to them. Its a good deal.

c.c.
07-03-2017, 12:59 AM
Great signing by the Nuggets! Awful choice by Paul Millsap! I thought he would of stayed out East or went to a Western contender. At best the Nuggets will be fighting for a 7th or 8th (if no other acquisition are made)

THE MTL
07-03-2017, 01:03 AM
But why do this deal Denver?...they still aren't a playoff team and no where close to really doing anything. All it's going to do is cause mediocrity.

CodeRed
07-03-2017, 01:11 AM
Honestly no flaws in this deal for Denver. We got our secondary star, who's a perfect fit next to Jokic. We should be a playoff team now and one of the most underrated/promising young cores in the league. When it's ready to pay our young guys Millsap will be off the books. We still have an abundance of players that deserve playing time and will likely be looking to consolidate some of those assets. I expect us to continue to be very active, but this is a very good first move for us. I'm guessing our next move is to trade Faried and go hard after George Hill, as Murray still develops at PG.

bucketss
07-03-2017, 01:23 AM
But why do this deal Denver?...they still aren't a playoff team and no where close to really doing anything. All it's going to do is cause mediocrity.

idk about that that, they were a game out last year and just added an allstar. jokic is also a year better.

mrblisterdundee
07-03-2017, 01:28 AM
Free agent power forward Paul Millsap signed a three-year, $90 million contract with the Denver Nuggets.

His arrival will likely mean that free agent Danilo Gallinari is headed elsewhere. He had a positive meeting with the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
It also signals that the Hawks are in a full rebuild after trading Dwight Howard last week. In the 2014-15 season, the Hawks won 60 games and were the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference. Over the past year, they've lost All-Stars Al Horford and Millsap in free agency and traded Jeff Teague and Kyle Korver for draft picks.
- Brian Windhorst, ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19794206/paul-millsap-denver-nuggets-agree-three-year-90-million-contract)

Scoots
07-03-2017, 01:50 AM
The best western conference players change teams to other western teams ... the best Eastern conference players are going west.

Wow.

CodeRed
07-03-2017, 01:54 AM

idk about that that, they were a game out last year and just added an allstar. jokic is also a year better. That's the sad thing about the Nugs, so many casual fans don't realize how good their young talent is, mainly Jokic and Harris.

rhino17
07-03-2017, 02:11 AM
They missed the playoffs by 1 game last year and have a very young core that has a lot of talent. Jokic + Milsap is among the best 4/5 tandems in the league now. hopefully they find a PG or Murray steps up next season

mgjohnson7851
07-03-2017, 02:32 AM
That's the sad thing about the Nugs, so many casual fans don't realize how good their young talent is, mainly Jokic and Harris.
Jokic is starting to get a little respect but people still don't know how good Harris is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rhino17
07-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Jokic is starting to get a little respect but people still don't know how good Harris is.

Fun fact about Harris, I was sitting court side at a Nuggs game this year and as the waitress was handing me my drink, Gary Harris came out of nowhere, snatched my margarita and and walked off with it before returning and serving me my beverage himself.

The only problem I have with the Nuggs improving themselves is that I probably won't be able to get that same court side seat for the $12 I paid for it last year

5ass
07-03-2017, 02:49 AM
I like it. I just wish they kept Mitchell.

mgjohnson7851
07-03-2017, 03:04 AM
Fun fact about Harris, I was sitting court side at a Nuggs game this year and as the waitress was handing me my drink, Gary Harris came out of nowhere, snatched my margarita and and walked off with it before returning and serving me my beverage himself.

The only problem I have with the Nuggs improving themselves is that I probably won't be able to get that same court side seat for the $12 I paid for it last year
That's an awesome story lol. He was one of the people who courted Millsap too.

tp13baby
07-03-2017, 07:08 AM

This. Gary Harris solidifies him as a top 10 shooting guard this year. You can argue it now. The dude was the most efficient SG in the league last year, top 10 3 point shooter and averaged basically 18 ppg playing with Jokic.

They aren't a playoff team? Besides GS, the Spurs, and Rockets the rest in my opinion can all end up 4-12 in any order. Going out and getting Bledsoe or George Hill makes our offseason as good as most.

PurpleLynch
07-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Damn, the West will be hella fun to watch next season.

warfelg
07-03-2017, 08:06 AM
Holy ****. #1 that's a lot of money for someone I've never heard of (Sixers twitter joke). And #2 there players voluntarily going west are stupid.

We might end up with a Pistons Championship situation here:
A solid team makes it out of the East, the West spends so much team beating each other up, and a just ok team wins the championship.

Vinylman
07-03-2017, 08:14 AM
3rd year is a team option

Good low risk deal for denver

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 09:24 AM
FWIW the Nuggets were the best offensive team in the league the last 55 games of the season. Getting Millsap makes them better on both ends.

They're now trying to clear cap to make a run at Hill.

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Well to say right off the bat Jimmy is a top 10 player you lose all credibility.

Prove me wrong.

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 09:20 PM
You say that as if there's absolutely no way he's top 10 which shows your ignorance on Butler. I guess it's understandable as he's the most underrated player in the league now imo.

D-Leethal
07-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Have the Nugs given up on Mudiay? Is he a surefire bust?

hugepatsfan
07-03-2017, 10:01 PM
FWIW the Nuggets were the best offensive team in the league the last 55 games of the season. Getting Millsap makes them better on both ends.

They're now trying to clear cap to make a run at Hill.

Hill would be such a great signing for them IMO. He can play on-ball or off-ball which makes him a great compliment to Murray and Gary Harris, their 2 young guards.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/cap/

Spotrac has them at $9,371,957 but once they sign their first rounder (Lydon), that will go down to $7,792,517.

I feel like they could very easily make moves with that roster to clear space. First off, Mike Miller is $3.5M non-guaranteed right off the bat.

Will Barton can be a solid bench player for someone which would be another $3.5M off the books. Faried is movable. Arthur isn't a good deal but it's definitely movable. Shouldn't be hard to dump the last year of Nelson's deal. Lyles isn't really needed with Juan and Milsap. Mudiay would be unnecessary with Hill. Beasley is expendable.

I actually think they should go for Hill and keep Gallo. They could very easily IMO dump the salaries need to build this roster:

Hill/Murray
Harris
Gallo/Chandler
Milsap/Hernangomez
Jokic

tp13baby
07-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Have the Nugs given up on Mudiay? Is he a surefire bust?

I wouldn't say they have but it's close. The kid at the end of the year showed he can play, can't shoot but can play. I really do have a soft spot for him, great guy, great teammate, and improved.

But Denver needs a defender at the 1. Mudiay and Nelson are not good. Offensively you can put anyone with Jokic and you will probably excel. Hill is just leaps and bounds better than what we got. Jokic gets a max next year, Harris will at some point now, and Murray very well could in the the future. We didn't get Millsap to ride the youth development train. We can win with a good defense and an offense that efficiency wise was second to GS in the second half.

Mudiay just simply isn't ready right now. But I don't think he is a bust. It's going to take a little bit of time. Has to improve defensively, decision making and finishing. He works hard, strong personality and mindset, and he can beat 95 percent of defenders off the dribble.

tp13baby
07-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Hill would be such a great signing for them IMO. He can play on-ball or off-ball which makes him a great compliment to Murray and Gary Harris, their 2 young guards.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/cap/

Spotrac has them at $9,371,957 but once they sign their first rounder (Lydon), that will go down to $7,792,517.

I feel like they could very easily make moves with that roster to clear space. First off, Mike Miller is $3.5M non-guaranteed right off the bat.

Will Barton can be a solid bench player for someone which would be another $3.5M off the books. Faried is movable. Arthur isn't a good deal but it's definitely movable. Shouldn't be hard to dump the last year of Nelson's deal. Lyles isn't really needed with Juan and Milsap. Mudiay would be unnecessary with Hill. Beasley is expendable.

I actually think they should go for Hill and keep Gallo. They could very easily IMO dump the salaries need to build this roster:

Hill/Murray
Harris
Gallo/Chandler
Milsap/Hernangomez
Jokic

Gallo would have to take a pay cut, Faried, DA, Barton and Jameer would have to be gone. Faried has a nice contract, Barton is the best ISO player in the league on points per possession and expiring, DA was injured but a very solid stretch 4 bench piece. Jameer is expiring.

Another talk was Suns trading Bledsoe. Cheaper option than Hill, and we almost acquired him at the draft.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2017, 10:33 PM
As a BOS fan I would have given Milsap the 3rd year guaranteed to land him if we miss out on Hayward. Sucks being forced to wait like this.

jason
07-03-2017, 11:16 PM
The east continues to get worse

tp13baby
07-04-2017, 01:19 AM
This deal is more complicated. Millsap will be part of a 3 team sign and trade, Gallo to LAC, Stone Crawford and future picks to Atlanta, and Millsap to Denver.

Basically as I hear it, it frees up the cap room for Denver to go sign Hill.