PDA

View Full Version : OKC / Lakers...

Dade County
07-02-2017, 03:28 PM
Just thinking out loud.

Lets say Russ doesn't want to sign the extension, and tells OKC ownership he wants to see how the year plays out.

I don't believe that Presti should take that chance. Both West & Paul or from LA. PG already made it clear that he wants to sign with the Lakers; he could give OKC a chance but with OKC being a small market & him just being traded from a small market, he might be thinking bigger & better still.

If Sam presti calls up Magic and Rob Pelinka and offers West & PG before the season starts, and askes for...

Ball, Ingram, Randle, the 2 first rd picks that the Lakers selected & a future 1st rd pick (whenever they can offer one, unprotected).

Jeanie Buss hops on the line and says deal! Lol

Of course you would want more for West & PG, but for some reason NO one can get a fair deal. So since the Lakers didn't really want to offer up the 2nd pick in the 1st rd (Ball) & ingram to Indy; I believe they would do it for West & PG being package together.

Magic & Pelinka, might try to think about it (saying to themselves that we might can get both in the offseason if Westbrook doesn't extend his contract), but Jeanie Buss would have no doubt in her mind, from an owner stand point. They get two star players immediately both have been rumored to want to play with the Lakers and they are from that area.

It will be up to the Lakers to lose them at that point, because we all are pretty sure that they would both sign back with the Lakers unless something crazy happens during that season.

OKC gets to start over with great young pieces. They still have some big contracts but i didn't want to try to bring in a 3rd team into this proposed trade.

What do you guys think?

Once again, this is only if Russell Westbrook tells OKC that he wants to see how the season plays out first before thinking about signing an extension.

c.c.
07-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Ball & Ingram and some contracts to match the salaries will be enough. OKC wouldn't get no more than that!

LA_Raiders
07-02-2017, 03:46 PM
No reason to do that, PG may be coming for free next year. I will do the Westbrick trade in a heartbeat for ball and Randle.

SirSkyHook
07-02-2017, 03:57 PM
The thing is, they being the Lakers are in the driving seat. Why would you offer up so much when the players your trading for may already come to you next summer? I like how they handle the situation with Indiana, and as a fan I would be disappointed if they touched their toes in unnecessary trades like that.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't if I'm OKC.

First off Russ is in line for the supermax. That's such a huge advantage to have that it's going to take a cap ton. #2, if I'm OKC I explore moving Kanter and Adams before anyone else. If you can move them and create space you can convince PG13 and Wesbrook that there's the space to bring in someone else they want to join them. When you combine the ability to bring in players, with being able to offer them more, and you could potentially make a run this year....why would they leave that?

KobeOwnSU
07-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Lakers aren't going to trade for either one of these guys. They will spend this year developing the younger players and then sign two max guys in next year's loaded FA class. The Lakers main goal before the trade deadline should be to try and unload that Deng contract.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dade County
07-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Are you guys factoring in the owner stand point?

She wanted a All Star player in a Lakers uniform because they are hosting the All-Star Game this year.

And really I think no owner pass this up, they will override their GM's to get two All Stars(one is a Superstar).

And from the Lakers standpoint, you don't know if PG might like playing with Westbrook and might sign there so you wouldn't want to take that chance.

Lakers fanbase would be insanely happy if they wake up and find out that their team made that trade. Some will say they should've wanted but others will scream are you F'in crazy we got West & PG in one shot!

All of the trades have been awful for other star players but both sides win in this one.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 04:20 PM

She wanted a All Star player in a Lakers uniform because they are hosting the All-Star Game this year.

And really I think no owner pass this up, they will override their GM's to get two All Stars(one is a Superstar).

And from the Lakers standpoint, you don't know if PG might like playing with Westbrook and might sign there so you wouldn't want to take that chance.

Lakers fanbase would be insanely happy if they wake up and find out that their team made that trade. Some will say they should've wanted but others will scream are you F'in crazy we got West & PG in one shot!

All of the trades have been awful for other star players but both sides win in this one.

What about the OKC fanbase? THat's not a great deal for them. The #2 pick, 2 late 1sts, a question developing player, a rotational player, and a late first a few years down the line (I think 2020 at best). For two superstars?

OKC hangs up on that.

Dade County
07-02-2017, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't if I'm OKC.

First off Russ is in line for the supermax. That's such a huge advantage to have that it's going to take a cap ton. #2, if I'm OKC I explore moving Kanter and Adams before anyone else. If you can move them and create space you can convince PG13 and Wesbrook that there's the space to bring in someone else they want to join them. When you combine the ability to bring in players, with being able to offer them more, and you could potentially make a run this year....why would they leave that?

Nice idea.

But we are not inside PG head. He has his game plan already. So i'm not going to try to say he should stay or not.

Whatever decision he makes there's nothing that we can do about it. Maybe if he didn't say he wanted to go to LA, and he said maybe another small-market city I could agree with you; but he just left one small market City... It doesn't seem like that's the lifestyle he wants. He wants to be a Laker and get all the fame that goes along with it.

Dade County
07-02-2017, 04:27 PM
What about the OKC fanbase? THat's not a great deal for them. The #2 pick, 2 late 1sts, a question developing player, a rotational player, and a late first a few years down the line (I think 2020 at best). For two superstars?

OKC hangs up on that.

Normally i would agree...

But in this state of the NBA right now, that's a terrific deal. OKC gets to start over with out having to tank for the draft pick.

Also you don't know if West or PG will sign back with OKC.

But I understand your point, but it's never going to be a fair trade and we have seen so repeatedly after the Melo trade to Ny. That was the last fair trade.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Normally i would agree...

But in this state of the NBA right now, that's a terrific deal. OKC gets to start over with out having to tank for the draft pick.

Also you don't know if West or PG will sign back with OKC.

But I understand your point, but it's never going to be a fair trade and we have seen so repeatedly after the Melo trade to Ny. That was the last fair trade.

That's not it at all.

Neither of these guys are going to commit right now. It's stupid to. They are both waiting.

But from the Westbrook and PG POV that's terrible. They go from Steven Adams and Enas Kanter being teammates to....Clarkson and Nance? Yikes.

#1: Lakers are stupid because they could try to clear space.
#2: OKC isn't going to turn around and trade either of these guys without seeing how it plays out.

Also I know theres a report out there....but why is everyone being so preumptive that PG is in Purple and Gold? What if the lakers are terrible again, Ingram doesn't evolve, Ball looks like a bust, and the Thunder behind Wesbrook and PG13 makes the WCF? Why would he leave?

lakerfan85
07-02-2017, 04:45 PM
That's not it at all.

Neither of these guys are going to commit right now. It's stupid to. They are both waiting.

But from the Westbrook and PG POV that's terrible. They go from Steven Adams and Enas Kanter being teammates to....Clarkson and Nance? Yikes.

#1: Lakers are stupid because they could try to clear space.
#2: OKC isn't going to turn around and trade either of these guys without seeing how it plays out.

Also I know theres a report out there....but why is everyone being so preumptive that PG is in Purple and Gold? What if the lakers are terrible again, Ingram doesn't evolve, Ball looks like a bust, and the Thunder behind Wesbrook and PG13 makes the WCF? Why would he leave?

What if Ball isn't a bust? What if Ingram continues to improve like he did towards the end of the season? And to answer the question.. The Lakers shouldn't trade anybody for Russ and PG13..

warfelg
07-02-2017, 04:53 PM
What if Ball isn't a bust? What if Ingram continues to improve like he did towards the end of the season? And to answer the question.. The Lakers shouldn't trade anybody for Russ and PG13..

For the same questions you just asked is why Lakers shouldn't do it. What if Ingram improves and Ball looks even ok. That's a big win for the Lakers to have those two on rookie contracts with Russ and PG13.

FWIW I think at best you get one of them.

LivinLakers
07-02-2017, 05:05 PM
^^^ Yep. That is a lot of what-ifs. A bunch of things would need to fall against the lakers for them to not be in the driver's seat. But right now they are. If they don't get PG or Russ then they still have a good, young core (as far as we know right now). And if they do, they have superstars, to go along with a cheap young core. This approach would give them the best chance of beating GSW.
If OKC keeps both of them then they will be good, but still not good enough to beat OKC. If they lose both of them then they will be in purgatory for quite awhile.
Also, if I am the Lakers I don't want to trade for them now, if for no other reason than the financial aspect. If I have their bird rights it will cost me more in the long run. If The Lakers can sign them without their bird rights, then they will be saving a pretty good chunk.
It is a risk, but I would argue that trading for them now is the bigger risk because they could both leave and now you have nothing and are in purgatory and having to start again from scratch.

LivinLakers
07-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Also, I think right now the Lakers have the best odds of signing PG13 next year (over any other team). His being traded to OKC only increases those odds. So no reason to do anything to screw that up. Things could certainly change, but until they do there is no reason to do anything differently.

Bostonjorge
07-02-2017, 05:39 PM
The West being more stacked helps the Lakers get George. It will be hard for him to make a all NBA team and if he don't make the all star game then Okc can't really offer George anything but a extra year. It will make it easier to fit 3 stars with a all the rookie contracts and no super max contracts. Lakers are better of waiting it out.

If Okc trades Adams and George walks then Westbrook might just walk to. Okc has proven they won't spend once the players are under long term contracts. Lakers don't have that problem. Seeing your best teammates leave will effect any star player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Even with PG13 on the Lakers in 2018 maybe. Doubt they hit playoffs. Then the losses pile up. PG13 be like man why I go home.

lamar2006
07-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Even with PG13 on the Lakers in 2018 maybe. Doubt they hit playoffs. Then the losses pile up. PG13 be like man why I go home.

Not just George. Lakers can also sign another max guy. Ingram improves and Ball is Ball. Lakers are top 4-5 team in the league.

KobeOwnSU
07-02-2017, 06:05 PM

If I woke up to that trade id be pissed off not happy. Why trade anything when you can get at least one of them in FA and add them too everything you already have.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2017, 06:08 PM
I thought the Lakers have to salary dump Deng before they get a second fiddle to PG13? Also even if Lakers have cap doesn't mean they will sign there. A lot of what ifs.

KobeOwnSU
07-02-2017, 06:08 PM
I thought the Lakers have to salary dump Deng before they get a second fiddle to PG13? Also even if Lakers have cap doesn't mean they will sign there. A lot of what ifs.
Nope. The Lakers would have max money for two players next off-season even before dumping Deng, as long as they only sign one year deals this off-season or nobody at all.

Bostonjorge
07-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Nope. The Lakers would have max money for two players next off-season even before dumping Deng, as long as they only sign one year deals this off-season or nobody at all.

You trade Deng 18 million and Clarkson 11 million for a draft pick and the lakers can add more help.

IndyRealist
07-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Boston signs Hayward, then trades Al Horford plus all the stuff they would have traded for PG had Indy been patient, for both Westbrook and George. Enes Kanter is moved in a separate deal for picks and cap relief.

Dade County
07-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Boston signs Hayward, then trades Al Horford plus all the stuff they would have traded for PG had Indy been patient, for both Westbrook and George. Enes Kanter is moved in a separate deal for picks and cap relief.

It's ok man.

No one has been getting good returns on their trades.

KobeOwnSU
07-02-2017, 09:06 PM
You trade Deng 18 million and Clarkson 11 million for a draft pick and the lakers can add more help.
Theoretically, if the Lakers dump Deng and Clarkson along with not bringing back Lopez and keeping the 20 million in cap space this year, they could have about 60-70 million in cap space without a rise in the cap. And they would still have Ball, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Zubac, Kuzma, Hart, and Bryant under contract.