PDA

View Full Version : Taj Gibson to Minnesota 2 years 28 million

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Discuss.

KnicksorBust
07-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Another great move in FA. Start him at PF. Teague-Wiggins-Butler-Taj-Towns. Dieng can backup both big man spots. Love it.

Warriors
Spurs
Rockets
Thunder
Wolves????????

Mr. Baller
07-02-2017, 12:50 PM
They need to trade Dieng and get some shooting

ewing
07-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Superteam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 01:09 PM
From a fit standpoint, I like this move. He's a former Thibodeau guy, and he'll give them a nice lockdown front court defender and a veteran with postseason experience, both of which they really need.

But this seems like a lot for Gibson. Yes, guys like Noah, Biyombo, Mahinmi and Mozgov got way more than this last offseason. But those were all terrible deals, and they pretty much revealed themselves to be terrible just a few months after those guys signed. Also, I have no idea what Minnesota's cap situation looks like, but I'm guessing this officially takes Minnesota out of the Millsap equation, which isn't obviously ideal for them. Gibson is a solid Plan B, but he's a pretty steep drop down from Millsap on the offensive end of the floor.

mngopher35
07-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Ya it eats up basically the rest of our cap (we had in the teens left before this). He is a solid vet who can come in and start at PF or come off the bench too with pretty big minutes. Only 2 years so while a bit expensive not too bad.

We should be a playoff team next year at least haha, been a while.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Why not sign Rose and trade for Noah while their at it?

aman_13
07-02-2017, 01:17 PM
I don't like it. Should of went all out for Milsap.

BGeer091
07-02-2017, 01:18 PM

Yes please haha. Take Noah and his massive contract

aman_13
07-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Taj is a good player but you want shooting and he gives you none of that at the 4. Good thing Towns can step out.

bleedprple&gold
07-02-2017, 01:40 PM

Minnesota Bulls for the win! I hear Boozer is available too.

THE MTL
07-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Lol, they bringing everyone back.

Dade County
07-02-2017, 04:41 PM
They need to trade Dieng and get some shooting

Taj is a good player but you want shooting and he gives you none of that at the 4. Good thing Towns can step out.

Thank you...

They need a stretch 4 in the starting lineup, & Gibson can come off the bench.

GREATNESS ONE
07-02-2017, 04:41 PM

Trade for Deng you mean! We'll give him for free!

KG2TB
07-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Back when thibs first joined with Chicago, the Bulls acquired 3 ex Jazz players in boozer, brewer, and korver. That team had great chemistry together and ended up as the 1st seed. Not saying that'll happen with the Wolves, but Thibs has not only added really good pieces, he's added vets that know how to play. And know how to play his system.

eDush
07-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Back when thibs first joined with Chicago, the Bulls acquired 3 ex Jazz players in boozer, brewer, and korver. That team had great chemistry together and ended up as the 1st seed. Not saying that'll happen with the Wolves, but Thibs has not only added really good pieces, he's added vets that know how to play. And know how to play his system.Boozer and chemistry doesn't go hand and hand unless it's a losing one :nod:

tredigs
07-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Good defender still, but Taj can't move well and is a total negative offensively; The kind of guy you just throw your worst defender on regardless of position, which makes him a tough guy to play in the playoffs. As an up and coming challenger/dark horse, a player I like to see in Thibs rotation.

Heediot
07-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Solid signing, would of prefer them to get 2Pat as he could stretch the floor for them with adequate defense. Still there are benefits with the signing of Gibson, as Thibs knows him and he could mentor Towns on defense. Just need to round out the bench with shooters.

KG2TB
07-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Boozer and chemistry doesn't go hand and hand unless it's a losing one :nod:

Completely disagree with that. He was a great teammate here in Chicago and had good chemistry with his teammates.