PDA

View Full Version : Ibaka stays with Raptors

minato_17
07-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Source: Free agent forward Serge Ibaka has reached deal on three-year, $65M contract to stay with the Toronto... https://t.co/ATpQCWXQ36

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

aman_13
07-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Lowry's next.

hugepatsfan
07-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Gotta stay getting those second round and potentially ECF playoff revenues.

aman_13
07-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Gotta stay getting those second round and potentially ECF playoff revenues.

Yup.

R. Johnson#3
07-02-2017, 12:25 PM
No problem at all with this deal.

Pfeifer
07-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Back on the treadmill.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 01:04 PM
That's not a terrible deal for a player of Ibaka's caliber in this market. I'm not sure what his max is, but I've got to think it was more than this. To think that this isn't slightly more per year than what the Rockets gave Ryno last year makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit. At the same time, this is a pretty solid payday for Ibaka. He earned this one, and in three years, there's a good chance he'll still have enough left in the tank to earn another one.

The Raptors had to get Ibaka and Lowry locked up to stay competitive in the East. But the question remains: How does Toronto get better this offseason? They've already lost Tucker, so that's one guy they have to replace. Have they signed anybody else that I haven't seen at this point? Are they seeking trades? I just don't know how the Raptors can feasibly take the next step with this roster.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Can't give a guy who may or may not be in his late 30s longer than a 3 year.

aman_13
07-02-2017, 01:18 PM
That's not a terrible deal for a player of Ibaka's caliber in this market. I'm not sure what his max is, but I've got to think it was more than this. To think that this isn't slightly more per year than what the Rockets gave Ryno last year makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit. At the same time, this is a pretty solid payday for Ibaka. He earned this one, and in three years, there's a good chance he'll still have enough left in the tank to earn another one.

The Raptors had to get Ibaka and Lowry locked up to stay competitive in the East. But the question remains: How does Toronto get better this offseason? They've already lost Tucker, so that's one guy they have to replace. Have they signed anybody else that I haven't seen at this point? Are they seeking trades? I just don't know how the Raptors can feasibly take the next step with this roster.

All very good questions. Much of them have been talking points in the Raptors forum. Losing Tucker stings.