PDA

View Full Version : Rockets sign Tucker to 4 years, $32 million

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 01:19 AM
I realize this isn't a massive signing or anything, but he's a pretty substantial role player and I thought this was thread worthy. I said this in the offseason thread, but I've been a fan of his since college, and I'm thrilled to get to root for him again as a Rocket. He should be an excellent small ball 4 for them who can defend multiple positions and play the role that Dekker wasn't really capable of playing last season.

I'm curious to see what this means for Toronto moving forward. He wasn't there for very long, but I got a sense that he was a really key defensive piece for them.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2017, 01:38 AM
Wanted him to come back. He's a great guy to play PF for a small ball team like the Rockets.

europagnpilgrim
07-02-2017, 01:57 AM
If the Rockets can get the Nene signing back on par then they will have a Gordon-Tucker-Nene bench sitting nicer than last years, and if they some how get Melo if he is bought out then you can add Anderson or Ariza to make it even deeper and more lethal

Rockets should be better on defense as a whole this upcoming year especially if CP3 can get into the ear of Harden to put forth the effort

Twolves88
07-02-2017, 04:41 AM
Very nice signing by the Rockets. They are loading up and may be able to steal a few games for GS next season come playoff time.

homie564
07-02-2017, 08:25 AM
This seems cheap to me. Very nice signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandt
07-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Very nice signing by the Rockets. They are loading up and may be able to steal a few games for GS next season come playoff time.
I believe that they have to get Nene back along with another pretty big name, to have even half a chance though.

aman_13
07-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Ferocious defender and can knock down the corner three.

Really wanted him back. Oh well.

futureman
07-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Oooohhh Scary! Not😀

futureman
07-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Who would wast 5 years of their career playing for Mike D'antoni? His teams win alot of games but they don't play any defense. They will lose to a defensively superior team in the playoffs every year and that will not change.

futureman
07-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Better on Defense??? Hahaha. Get rid of Don Nelson 2.0 and I will believe that.

FOXHOUND
07-02-2017, 02:39 PM
This was a really solid pickup. That age may catch up with them on the back end of the deal, but it's really cheap so no worries.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Oooohhh Scary! Not😀

Who would wast 5 years of their career playing for Mike D'antoni? His teams win alot of games but they don't play any defense. They will lose to a defensively superior team in the playoffs every year and that will not change.

Better on Defense??? Hahaha. Get rid of Don Nelson 2.0 and I will believe that.

Did Mike D'Antoni bone your mother like 30 years ago and then not call her or something? I don't get the hate. Your animosity here seems pretty unprovoked.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Did Mike D'Antoni bone your mother like 30 years ago and then not call her or something? I don't get the hate. Your animosity here seems pretty unprovoked.

Lakers and Knicks fans hate him for reasons.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Lakers and Knicks fans hate him for reasons.

But the thread had almost nothing to do with D'Antoni. And the guy posted three straight times completely unprovoked, not even addressing individual posts or even posting about the individual player the thread was about. That seems a little overkill to me. If you posted a thread about a coach or player I had an issue with, I might chime in with something smart ***. But he just came in and randomly roasted D'Antoni in a thread about PJ Tucker. :shrug:

brandt
07-02-2017, 04:51 PM
But the thread had almost nothing to do with D'Antoni. And the guy posted three straight times completely unprovoked, not even addressing individual posts or even posting about the individual player the thread was about. That seems a little overkill to me. If you posted a thread about a coach or player I had an issue with, I might chime in with something smart ***. But he just came in and randomly roasted D'Antoni in a thread about PJ Tucker. :shrug:

He's what you call a troll. His argument(s) didn't even make sense.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 05:58 PM

I wasn't saying it was logical. It's like people that hate LeBron or Kobe ... they don't need context to spew. :)