PDA

View Full Version : Andre Iguodala to return to Warriors on 3 year 48M deal

HunterNRoss
07-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 19s20 seconds ago
More
Andre Iguodala will sign a 3-year, $45M deal, league sources tell ESPN.

HunterNRoss
07-01-2017, 11:56 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 7s8 seconds ago
Iguodala's deal will be worth $48M over the three years, league source tells ESPN. Warriors deepened offer, close deal tonight.

Jets012
Iguodala was never leaving let's be real. He's in a perfect situation for him. All his buddies. Stacked team. And he's a major tech investor in the Bay Area. Would have made zero sense for him to leave.

COOLbeans
another win. well deserved for Iguodala. wouldve been ridiculous to see him in Texas or LA

goingfor28
07-02-2017, 12:03 AM
So disappointing seeing espn next to woj name.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Aust
07-02-2017, 12:03 AM
The gang stays together

KB24PG16
07-02-2017, 12:04 AM
Iguodala was never leaving let's be real. He's in a perfect situation for him. All his buddies. Stacked team. And he's a major tech investor in the Bay Area. Would have made zero sense for him to leave.

the fact that they increased their offer from 45 to 48 million, while relatively small, makes me believe otherwise

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Didn't expect the warriors to pay THAT much for him. Chips ain't cheap. Championships are worth every penny.

LA4life24/8
07-02-2017, 12:07 AM
Figures... where was he really gonna go? The dude basically gettin paid 16 mill a year to show up for the playoffs lol

hes got what 1 regular season start the last 3 years? Pretty easy gig for him for 16 mill.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-02-2017, 12:10 AM
I feel like that 16 million is gonna be a lot for him in years 2 and 3.

Saddletramp
07-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Told ya. He was never leaving.

THE MTL
07-02-2017, 12:17 AM
So Iggy makes 16 million per year and Curry makes 40 million per year. The salary cap is 99 million. Makes you wonder

mavwar53
07-02-2017, 12:20 AM

Said as a true hater lol. Who knows really, say what you want I could care less. Great offseason so far.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2017, 12:26 AM

Pretty much. That whole signing with Houston uproar this morning probably netted him 6 million more per year than he would of got originally from GS. In essence, an 18 million dollar haggle by deception.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 12:28 AM
I came in to the offseason thinking 2 years for $36M ... 3 for $48 is a lot for him when he's 36 ... I hope he stays in great shape.

Aust
07-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Said as a true hater lol. Who knows really, say what you want I could care less. Great offseason so far.

Is it hating to think that maybe a 34, 35, 36 year old could slow down and be less effective? In which case that money and luxury $ would be viewed as a lot.

J4KOP99
07-02-2017, 12:30 AM
A lot of money. What the hell is golden states payroll going to be haha

Scoots
07-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Pretty much. That whole signing with Houston uproar this morning probably netted him 6 million more per year than he would of got originally from GS. In essence, an 18 million dollar haggle by deception.

I think they were at 3 for $39 before he went on meetings ... so closer to $9M but not a bad return for a day of work.

Curry $200M
Iguodala $48M
Livingston $24M
West $3.5M

Still to come this week
Durant $31M

Dedmon $3.5M?
Carter $3.5M?

Zaza $4.5M and/or McGee $3.5M

And starting next year they start paying repeater tax penalties WHILE building a $2B arena.

thomass
07-02-2017, 12:34 AM
$2 billion arena? NFL stadiums don't even cost that much lol

Scoots
07-02-2017, 12:35 AM
A lot of money. What the hell is golden states payroll going to be haha

In 2019 when they open their new arena it's going to cost them around $250M and they will still make a bunch of money. But they bought the team 6 years ago for $450M and by 2019 it is estimated it may approach $6B in value ... soooooo, yeah, they're doing okay.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 12:36 AM
Is it hating to think that maybe a 34, 35, 36 year old could slow down and be less effective? In which case that money and luxury $ would be viewed as a lot.

Not at all. Iguodala hasn't been 100% the last 2 years, no reason to think he will be the next 3. I hope he's planning a visit to Kobe's guy in Germany.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2017, 12:37 AM
I think they were at 3 for $39 before he went on meetings ... so closer to $9M but not a bad return for a day of work.

Curry $200M
Iguodala $48M
Livingston $24M
West $3.5M

Still to come this week
Durant $31M

Dedmon $3.5M?
Carter $3.5M?

Zaza $4.5M and/or McGee $3.5M

And starting next year they start paying repeater tax penalties WHILE building a $2B arena.

Damn lol.

Mr.B
07-02-2017, 12:40 AM

Especially when you consider the escalating luxury tax penalties for being over the cap.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2017, 12:45 AM
Good deal for both.

mavwar53
07-02-2017, 12:46 AM

Apparently my sarcasm didn't come across, my bad, although I think I did say think what you want I could care less.

Great offseason for the warriors, the poster of what I quoted might be right but I think the warriors will find a way to make it work. It's not Evan Turner getting 15M or whatever he is getting to be a "6th man" on an 8th seed team so he may not be great in year 2/3 but he isn't going to hinder this team the way most bad contracts do.

aman_13
07-02-2017, 12:49 AM
So disappointing seeing espn next to woj name.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What difference does it make?

J4KOP99
07-02-2017, 12:57 AM
In 2019 when they open their new arena it's going to cost them around $250M and they will still make a bunch of money. But they bought the team 6 years ago for $450M and by 2019 it is estimated it may approach $6B in value ... soooooo, yeah, they're doing okay.

Yeah, I'm sure they're doing fine. I respect the fact that they're spending to win (keep winning)

-where did you read about the $6b evaluation?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-02-2017, 01:01 AM

Dude's going to be 34, 35 and 36 years old during this contract and he didn't look too good in the playoffs. It probably won't make much of a difference for the Warriors other than paying a lot more in tax money and Iggy does deserve this contract.

Btw, you can't play the whole "I don't care what you said" when you call me a "hater" because of an opinion.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I'm sure they're doing fine. I respect the fact that they're spending to win (keep winning)

-where did you read about the $6b evaluation?

It was an estimate on The Ringer IIRC.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 01:38 AM
Iggy deserves this contract, but you have to think that him getting this much will have some ramifications when Green and Thompson look to get paid in the next couple of years. I like Iggy and Livingston, but $24 million a year is a lot for two guys who don't start and are just going to continue to decline as players. That being said, even if the Warriors' window with their core four, Iggy and Livingston is just three years, I'd like their chances to win three more titles together. And if that happens, but they have to lose Thompson or Green in the process, this offseason will have been a massive win for them.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2017, 02:34 AM
Gotta think he could've gotten more but really who'd want to leave the Warriors at this point.

COOLbeans
07-02-2017, 03:48 AM

and if they win 3 more championships during that time?

Saddletramp
07-02-2017, 04:14 AM
I'm pretty sure that Morey knew that Iguodala was just driving his re-up price so that's probably why he offered a hefty amount (although I don't think the amount offered has been revealed). Hell, if some jerk fan on an NBA forum can figure out what Iguodala and his people were doing, I'm pretty damn sure Morey knew. It's hard to say that someone that just achieved what GS has achieved in recent years got fleeced by someone who is still chasing them, but Morey pulled a swift one on Myers/Lacomb. He isn't worth that price and it might come back to bite them in a few years. Probably won't, though. They're printing money over there to the point that it's hard for other teams to catch up.

It's funny that as soon as Morey made an offer and the word being used to describe the meeting was "excellent" that Iguodala then immediately canceled all future meetings and ran to the Warriors with what they wanted to hear. Iguodala got his asking price to force the Warriors to match.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2017, 04:36 AM
^ It's like a bunch of small companies clawing and scratching to do anything they can to harm the sole monopoly in a corporate world. Sad to think that's what the NBA has become, but encouraging to think that it's only been a year of it and teams have already had enough.

GoferKing_
07-02-2017, 06:09 AM
So how does their cap space look? How much money they have tide up?

SteBO
07-02-2017, 07:10 AM
They're looking at $130 million in guaranteed contracts (assuming KD signs for $30 million) and a $40 million luxury tax bill. Considering Andre could've gotten more on the open market, this ain't a bad deal since it's the Warriors we're talking about. He's worth it on this team. That feeling could very well wane by year 2 or 3, but hey let's cross bridge when we get to it. They pretty much have their core locked up now, which is a huge plus.....

nastynice
07-02-2017, 07:16 AM
Hopefully if he just shows up for the playoffs he'll age well

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Albert Nahmad‏*@AlbertNahmad 9h
9 hours ago

More
Replying to @AlbertNahmad
2019-20 Warriors: Curry + Durant (35%) + Klay (30%) + Green + Iggy + Shaun + Jones + 4 min +2 1st = $165M. Taxes on it? $135M. Thatís $300M!

Oh boy.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 08:50 AM
It was an estimate on The Ringer IIRC.

I swear every time I see someone post that evaluation of the franchise value it goes up another billion. lol. Like not kidding at all, just 3 weeks ago I saw someone say $2billion.

FWIW heres the Forbes breakdown that puts them at $2.6 billion:
https://www.forbes.com/teams/golden-state-warriors/

tredigs
07-02-2017, 09:49 AM
I swear every time I see someone post that evaluation of the franchise value it goes up another billion. lol. Like not kidding at all, just 3 weeks ago I saw someone say $2billion.

FWIW heres the Forbes breakdown that puts them at $2.6 billion:
https://www.forbes.com/teams/golden-state-warriors/

Forbes price is always so low relative to an actual sale price though, and they likely are not figuring in the new stadium overlooking the bay in SF. This is a world where the Clippers (in a rented stadium) sold for 2 billion. 2.6 for the Warriors is obviously way off.

Good signing by the Warriors, though they have to figure out their salary cap concerns in a few years. Most likely it's unfortunately a guy like Klay being traded for assets and an expiring, but this team simply prints money, so we will see what they choose.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Forbes price is always so low relative to an actual sale price though, and they likely are not figuring in the new stadium overlooking the bay in SF. This is a world where the Clippers (in a rented stadium) sold for 2 billion. 2.6 for the Warriors is obviously way off.

Good signing by the Warriors, though they have to figure out their salary cap concerns in a few years. Most likely it's unfortunately a guy like Klay being traded for assets and an expiring, but this team simply prints money, so we will see what they choose.

Sale price and actual value are 2 different things.

Right now if I bought the Warriors I would not be buying the next area, the land that it's on, and other things. That's why Forbes "seems low". They don't project that in. So right now, while still in Oracle, they are likely taking the value of the rent out and stuff like that. I also wouldn't be shocked if The Ringer article added in other things that are non-basketball related too, like all the sayings and shirts that the owners trademarked, which wouldn't be part of an official evaluation.

tredigs
07-02-2017, 10:06 AM

Right now if I bought the Warriors I would not be buying the next area, the land that it's on, and other things. That's why Forbes "seems low". They don't project that in. So right now, while still in Oracle, they are likely taking the value of the rent out and stuff like that. I also wouldn't be shocked if The Ringer article added in other things that are non-basketball related too, like all the sayings and shirts that the owners trademarked, which wouldn't be part of an official evaluation.

I get that, but there is no world where the Warriors today would go for 2.6 billion regardless of a new arena. I don't think I've ever seen a Forbes valuation of an NBA franchise that was not drastically low.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Oh boy.

Yeah, after this season, I think they may end up having to make a hard decision a lot earlier than they expected to. I can't imagine an owner paying $135 million in luxury taxes in one season. I could see them trying to get as many draft picks as they could for Thompson before he leaves in free agency the following year. Or maybe they try to dump Livingston or Iggy's contracts a year after signing them.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 10:19 AM
I get that, but there is no world where the Warriors today would go for 2.6 billion regardless of a new arena. I don't think I've ever seen a Forbes valuation of an NBA franchise that was not drastically low.

I'm gonna go with Forbes on this one over The Ringer.

Call it a hunch but the most reputable money publication on the planet might be a better judge of this. They have them as the 3rd most valuable NBA franchise. I would say that $2.6 billion sounds about right.

Actually a value of $6 billion would place the Warriors at 80th in a list of the richest people in America.

FOr reference:
Ballmer clocks in at 15th
Allen at 21st
Stan Kroenke at 58th (Only worth $1.4 billion more than The Ringer claims the Warriors are at)
Shahid Khan (Jags owner) is 70th

Oh here's a fun one:
Robert Kraft is listed at 101 with a new value of $5.9 billion, and the patriots are listed as being a net vlaue of $3.4 Billion

Me thinks that Ringer valuation of $6 billion (are we sure that isn't what they estimate Lacob's value at not the Warriors) is really really off.

tredigs
07-02-2017, 12:01 PM

Call it a hunch but the most reputable money publication on the planet might be a better judge of this. They have them as the 3rd most valuable NBA franchise. I would say that $2.6 billion sounds about right.

Actually a value of $6 billion would place the Warriors at 80th in a list of the richest people in America.

FOr reference:
Allen at 21st
Stan Kroenke at 58th (Only worth $1.4 billion more than The Ringer claims the Warriors are at)

Oh here's a fun one:
Robert Kraft is listed at 101 with a new value of $5.9 billion, and the patriots are listed as being a net vlaue of $3.4 Billion

Me thinks that Ringer valuation of $6 billion (are we sure that isn't what they estimate Lacob's value at not the Warriors) is really really off.
I'm not saying 6B is correct, but 2.6 is laughably low. This is a team with multiple MVP's signed through their prime, a state of the art arena located in the tech center of the world with season ticket sales on 10 year plans locked 30K deep PAST what they already have sold (sold out obviously). There is no world where they would not fetch north of 3.5 Billion if they decided to sell the team today, and I would imagine that the bidding war would land them north of 4B with ease, but that depends on who's bidding and how big their ego's are.

@MTB, rest assure they know exactly what they are doing and have a very solid grasp of the tax penalties. This team definitely won't be paying 130 million in luxury taxes, Klay or otherwise will be moved (likely after they move to SF).

Chronz
07-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Seriously. **** gs

^ It's like a bunch of small companies clawing and scratching to do anything they can to harm the sole monopoly in a corporate world. Sad to think that's what the NBA has become, but encouraging to think that it's only been a year of it and teams have already had enough.
Its been 3 years

Hustla23
07-02-2017, 12:24 PM
I'm not saying 6B is correct, but 2.6 is laughably low. This is a team with multiple MVP's signed through their prime, a state of the art arena located in the tech center of the world with season ticket sales on 10 year plans locked 30K deep PAST what they already have sold (sold out obviously). There is no world where they would not fetch north of 3.5 Billion if they decided to sell the team today, and I would imagine that the bidding war would land them north of 4B with ease, but that depends on who's bidding and how big their ego's are.

@MTB, rest assure they know exactly what they are doing and have a very solid grasp of the tax penalties. This team definitely won't be paying 130 million in luxury taxes, Klay or otherwise will be moved (likely after they move to SF).

Is there any sort of data that you're basing this on? If we're just throwing opinions out there, then 2.6 billion seems like a reasonable estimate. As a comparison, Real Madrid is worth 4 billion and they're the most famous team in the world's most popular sport. They routinely pay out hundreds of millions of dollars just to acquire players before even paying them salary.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Is there any sort of data that you're basing this on? If we're just throwing opinions out there, then 2.6 billion seems like a reasonable estimate. As a comparison, Real Madrid is worth 4 billion and they're the most famous team in the world's most popular sport. They routinely pay out hundreds of millions of dollars just to acquire players before even paying them salary.

Yup. Agreed.

Sports franchises are not as valuable as people think. Warriors also got the tax expense holding back that net value too.

steelcityroller
07-02-2017, 12:43 PM

FOr reference:
Allen at 21st

Oh here's a fun one:

I agree.

Forbes had the franchise gaining 37% of value just this last season. As you mentioned they bought in low getting the franchise for $450 million (which seems insane to get a NBA franchise in that area for that low).

This seems like a classic buy low and sell high situation. If you give $4-6 billion for this franchise what are you getting in return? You aren't gonna get a 500% return on your investment like they done above. You are gonna be getting a franchise about to be up to their head in luxury tax.

So are you paying $4-6 billion because of what they already done the last 3 years? And what they could probably do the next 3 or so years? What about after that.... That is alot of money to pay for a franchise that is likely at its peak value right now.

In 2015 when Steve Ballmer gave $2 Billion for the Clippers it caused the average NBA franchise value to go up 72%.... That is the biggest reason they turned that $450 million investment into $2.6 Billion.... The Chicago Bulls were valued at $511 million in 2011 and are now valued at $2.5 Billion and haven't done a damn thing on the court.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Its been 3 years

Guess it depends how you look at it but a year of the super duper Dubs.

Couldn't stand them for the first 2 years either, but at least they were somewhat beatable.

tredigs
07-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Yes, you can find NBA team valuations on Forbes prior to sale (Google their prior years data), then look at the actual sale price. Rest assure the Clippers in their rented stadium were valued nowhere CLOSE to 2 billion. But NBA franchise are extremely sought after and the bidding wars that ensue when they are lucky enough to have one open up should not be overlooked here.

This is not an argument I care about, but I would not take the word of Forbes when they have consistently proven to be wrong in their valuation. They're probably looking at it from a strictly financial standpoint and not adjusting for the fact that it is a highly restricted market with only so many openings per decade.

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2017, 01:03 PM
I feel confident in saying a team like Real Madrid would sell for over 10B with ease.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 01:15 PM
I agree.

Forbes had the franchise gaining 37% of value just this last season. As you mentioned they bought in low getting the franchise for $450 million (which seems insane to get a NBA franchise in that area for that low).

This seems like a classic buy low and sell high situation. If you give $4-6 billion for this franchise what are you getting in return? You aren't gonna get a 500% return on your investment like they done above. You are gonna be getting a franchise about to be up to their head in luxury tax.

So are you paying $4-6 billion because of what they already done the last 3 years? And what they could probably do the next 3 or so years? What about after that.... That is alot of money to pay for a franchise that is likely at its peak value right now.

In 2015 when Steve Ballmer gave $2 Billion for the Clippers it caused the average NBA franchise value to go up 72%.... That is the biggest reason they turned that $450 million investment into $2.6 Billion.... The Chicago Bulls were valued at $511 million in 2011 and are now valued at $2.5 Billion and haven't done a damn thing on the court.

**** the Sixers were purchased at $295 million in July 2011. Since then we've had a bust of a trade, 4 ****-tastic season, and no stars. Right now the franchise value is $800+million.

Ballmer blew up the sports value from a purchase standpoint when he offered $2billion at auction. If you want a sign of how much he overpaid, today the Clippers are worth $2billion.

I don't think people really realize that purchase value, and net value are two different things. Purchase value is almost always higher in a profitable venture because you aren't only buying the assets of the business, but the potential earning income that comes with it.

Net value of this literally is going to be everything that comes in (ticket sales, marketing sales, concessions if you own it) minus the expenditures (salaries, leasing fees, luxury tax payments).

Scoots
07-02-2017, 01:21 PM

FWIW, the $6B figure was an estimate for AFTER they were in the new arena with possibly 2 more titles. That moment is probably their peak valuation because after that their profits start dropping because of the tax bill.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 01:24 PM
FWIW, the $6B figure was an estimate for AFTER they were in the new arena with possibly 2 more titles. That moment is probably their peak valuation because after that their profits start dropping because of the tax bill.

I doubt it's ever going to get that high.

I would put an over/under of $4.5 billion.

thomass
07-02-2017, 01:46 PM
By the time they win 6 titles (3 years from now), the team will already be past its peak. The value of the franchise would be maxed out.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 01:56 PM
I doubt it's ever going to get that high.

I would put an over/under of $4.5 billion.

Perhaps, and I understand what you were saying about net value and purchase price or the market value, and the $6B was the estimate of the check you'd have to write to get the team from Lacob et al.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 01:58 PM
By the time they win 6 titles (3 years from now), the team will already be past its peak. The value of the franchise would be maxed out.

In this cycle yes ... but since inflation keeps happening and sports franchises are still an incredibly limited commodity and the TV deal has another 6 years to go on it before real uncertainty comes around ... chances are the value of all franchises generally continue upward, but the rate of climb over time will reduce.

Sssmush
07-02-2017, 02:52 PM

That many titles, though, creates an indelible brand or tradition and a vast fanbase that is still in it's infancy. 100 years from now they'll still be known as the GOATs. And they wont ever Chicago it up because the money is there

warfelg
07-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Perhaps, and I understand what you were saying about net value and purchase price or the market value, and the $6B was the estimate of the check you'd have to write to get the team from Lacob et al.

Yea...it's why I don't understand getting all up in arms about the Forbes value list. It's like car valuation. What it's actually worth isn't what its selling price is.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Yeah, after this season, I think they may end up having to make a hard decision a lot earlier than they expected to. I can't imagine an owner paying $135 million in luxury taxes in one season. I could see them trying to get as many draft picks as they could for Thompson before he leaves in free agency the following year. Or maybe they try to dump Livingston or Iggy's contracts a year after signing them.

Warriors will be down to a big 2 soon enough. I mentioned it right away when they got KD. I knew Klay and Green be to costly to keep in the long run. Their bench is thin the way it is.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Warriors will be down to a big 2 soon enough. I mentioned it right away when they got KD. I knew Klay and Green be to costly to keep in the long run. Their bench is thin the way it is.

everyone but warriors fans said that.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 06:03 PM
everyone but warriors fans said that.

And Warriors executives and Warriors beat writers.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Yea...it's why I don't understand getting all up in arms about the Forbes value list. It's like car valuation. What it's actually worth isn't what its selling price is.

Yeah, I don't get it either ... it's not like it's my money. What do I care how it's valued or how much the roster costs them as long as they are fun to watch.

TrueFan420
07-02-2017, 08:27 PM

Green isn't going anywhere. Klay may end up being a cap casualty but no reason why a big 3 can't be maintained.

eDush
07-02-2017, 08:36 PM
A lot of money. What the hell is golden states payroll going to be hahaWho cares.....dynasty are her only thing that matters in sports history, not how much the team payroll is :nod:

eDush
07-02-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that Morey knew that Iguodala was just driving his re-up price so that's probably why he offered a hefty amount (although I don't think the amount offered has been revealed). Hell, if some jerk fan on an NBA forum can figure out what Iguodala and his people were doing, I'm pretty damn sure Morey knew. It's hard to say that someone that just achieved what GS has achieved in recent years got fleeced by someone who is still chasing them, but Morey pulled a swift one on Myers/Lacomb. He isn't worth that price and it might come back to bite them in a few years. Probably won't, though. They're printing money over there to the point that it's hard for other teams to catch up.

It's funny that as soon as Morey made an offer and the word being used to describe the meeting was "excellent" that Iguodala then immediately canceled all future meetings and ran to the Warriors with what they wanted to hear. Iguodala got his asking price to force the Warriors to match.Like how the Knicks convince him that they would match any offers to Linsanity that he signed a poison pill to prevent them from matching?
:laugh:

Morey can only dream to be as wise as Myers when it comes to contracts that benefits the team and the player. Most likely Morey tried to sell Iggy on a low ball offer by using Nene contract as a comparison so he use the other money to fill the pieces since he made the mistake of giving Anderson that idiotic contract that the Dubs never do. And 3 million means nothing other then a bonus to a player who literally help won our first championship with his FMVP effort :nod:

So how you like dim apples hater :silly:

steelcityroller
07-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Green isn't going anywhere. Klay may end up being a cap casualty but no reason why a big 3 can't be maintained.

Yeah I think they will end up trading Klay at some point.

Saddletramp
07-02-2017, 11:45 PM
Like how the Knicks convince him that they would match any offers to Linsanity that he signed a poison pill to prevent them from matching?

I don't know what you're getting at here because you mangle the English language and you're an awful poster that usually has no idea what you're talking about. If you're referring to how the Knicks wanted to keep Lin but Morey stole him by using the poison pill provision then that was pretty smart. Then he flipped him to the Lakers before he had to pay that astronomical last year.

Now this right here is really ****ing stupid:

Morey can only dream to be as wise as Myers when it comes to contracts that benefits the team and the player.

You can't count vet min guys and the only way he could have gotten KD was because of the cap spike and the only reason he did get him was because KD is a lttle ***** that didn't want competition on his way to some easy rings. He got Iguodala for about market price after Iguodala narced out his teammates in the GS/Denver series. Livingston earned that $5ish million per year deal after coming back in Brooklyn so if it wasn't GS, it woulda been somewhere else. And I'm pretty sure Curry didn't "benefit" from being low balled at the time. I'm sure he was pissed.

You can find numerous examples of Morey getting his guy and not over paying (Ariza, Tucker, Nene). Cuban tried to strong arm him a few years back by offering Chandler Parsons 3 years $45 million and Morey let him walk and you can tell it caught Cuban off guard. You can see Parsons productivity now for yourself. He pulled off one of the biggest trades in the NBA in the past I don't know how many years with the Harden deal and got Dwight to sign here (when Dwight was still considered a monster and the Warriors were miffed that he didn't pick them-Myers couldn't get it done). Morey's done pretty well for himself without resorting to tanking (which the Warriors did), low balling their star (which the Warriors did), or being graced with the biggest pansy wanting a free ride during a cap spike year.

Most likely Morey tried to sell Iggy on a low ball offer by using Nene contract as a comparison so he use the other money to fill the pieces since he made the mistake of giving Anderson that idiotic contract that the Dubs never do.

This might be the dumbest thing you've said in awhile (and that's saying something). There's no way Morey offered $16 over 4 years. He more likely offered $16 million a year for 4 years knowing that that's what Iguodala's people needed to bring back to Myers to match. 4/$16 GTFO :laugh:

And 3 million means nothing other then a bonus to a player who literally help won our first championship with his FMVP effort :nod:

Then why was Iguodala shopping around after reports came out that he was coming back for months now? He wanted extra, Morey played Myers and got Iguodala his extra which might end up hurting the Warriors (a little bit) down the road.

They tasted awful because they're ****.

nastynice
07-03-2017, 12:16 AM

Exactly. Curry and KD will keep growing, even as a big 2 it'll be enough in a few years, but def gonna target certain skill sets to put along side these two

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2017, 12:22 AM
Who cares if they will have to trade Klay in 2 years.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Saddletramp
07-03-2017, 02:32 AM
2:00pm
{Iguodala and agent take meeting with Rockets}.
2:45pm
Iguodala's agent calls Bob Myers and tells him "The Rockets offered $XX per year and they'll give us that third year full guarantee that you're unwilling to give us. Also, word is the Sixers are going to offer $23 million for one year and if they do, we're taking it."
Bob Myers tells him "Yeah, I heard that. They'll give it to Redick if they can't get Iggy. Tell you what, we'll give you what you want. $16 million a year over three years? You've got a deal." {Click}
Iguodala's agent to Iguodala: Cha****ingChing.
3:00pm
{Sixers sign Redick to deal since Iggy passed}

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-03-2017, 07:51 AM

Well Iggy just got over paid. No one will take him for free within next 2-3 years. Most likely if Iggy is dealt Warriors will have to cough up some of the assets they received in the Klay trade to unload Iggy. Some odd reason I think 76ers is top suitor to cough up a haul for Klay to have their own big 3 of Embiid, Klay, Fultz. I bet they give pretty much Saric, Simmons, Okafor and whatever else to get Klay.

warfelg
07-03-2017, 08:03 AM
2:00pm
{Iguodala and agent take meeting with Rockets}.
2:45pm
Iguodala's agent calls Bob Myers and tells him "The Rockets offered $XX per year and they'll give us that third year full guarantee that you're unwilling to give us. Also, word is the Sixers are going to offer $23 million for one year and if they do, we're taking it."
Bob Myers tells him "Yeah, I heard that. They'll give it to Redick if they can't get Iggy. Tell you what, we'll give you what you want. $16 million a year over three years? You've got a deal." {Click}
Iguodala's agent to Iguodala: Cha****ingChing.
3:00pm
{Sixers sign Redick to deal since Iggy passed}

:eyebrow:

After agreeing with Redick, and before Johnson, we still had $26mil in cap room.

**** after signing Amir Johnson we still have $15mil in cap room and are still $3 mil under the cap floor with a full roster!!

eDush
07-03-2017, 09:20 AM
Like how the Knicks convince him that they would match any offers to Linsanity that he signed a poison pill to prevent them from matching?

I don't know what you're getting at here because you mangle the English language and you're an awful poster that usually has no idea what you're talking about. If you're referring to how the Knicks wanted to keep Lin but Morey stole him by using the poison pill provision then that was pretty smart. Then he flipped him to the Lakers before he had to pay that astronomical last year.

Now this right here is really ****ing stupid:

Morey can only dream to be as wise as Myers when it comes to contracts that benefits the team and the player.

You can't count vet min guys and the only way he could have gotten KD was because of the cap spike and the only reason he did get him was because KD is a lttle ***** that didn't want competition on his way to some easy rings. He got Iguodala for about market price after Iguodala narced out his teammates in the GS/Denver series. Livingston earned that $5ish million per year deal after coming back in Brooklyn so if it wasn't GS, it woulda been somewhere else. And I'm pretty sure Curry didn't "benefit" from being low balled at the time. I'm sure he was pissed.

You can find numerous examples of Morey getting his guy and not over paying (Ariza, Tucker, Nene). Cuban tried to strong arm him a few years back by offering Chandler Parsons 3 years $45 million and Morey let him walk and you can tell it caught Cuban off guard. You can see Parsons productivity now for yourself. He pulled off one of the biggest trades in the NBA in the past I don't know how many years with the Harden deal and got Dwight to sign here (when Dwight was still considered a monster and the Warriors were miffed that he didn't pick them-Myers couldn't get it done). Morey's done pretty well for himself without resorting to tanking (which the Warriors did), low balling their star (which the Warriors did), or being graced with the biggest pansy wanting a free ride during a cap spike year.

Most likely Morey tried to sell Iggy on a low ball offer by using Nene contract as a comparison so he use the other money to fill the pieces since he made the mistake of giving Anderson that idiotic contract that the Dubs never do.

This might be the dumbest thing you've said in awhile (and that's saying something). There's no way Morey offered $16 over 4 years. He more likely offered $16 million a year for 4 years knowing that that's what Iguodala's people needed to bring back to Myers to match. 4/$16 GTFO :laugh:

And 3 million means nothing other then a bonus to a player who literally help won our first championship with his FMVP effort :nod:

Then why was Iguodala shopping around after reports came out that he was coming back for months now? He wanted extra, Morey played Myers and got Iguodala his extra which might end up hurting the Warriors (a little bit) down the road.

They tasted awful because they're ****.Wrong on KD, we got him based on building trust and the team willing it make sacrifices on the floor in order to accommodate him which is why the Splash Bros hold back their shot attempts to adjust KD on our team and the team suffer at first. This show how much our unselfish key players want to make this work even the team seem to struggle during the season compared to last season and it paid off as he won the championship with KD as their FMVP :clap:

I highly doubt stirring it up is willing to sacrifice his game to accommodate CP3 since he can't seem to play with Lin or D12 which is not entirely his fault since the later care to put the effort in but CP3 will put the effort in and when he tells him to play some defense, will he since he still haven't yet. We shall see how much he sacrifices running the point for him or does he few threatens CP3 is now the best player on the team and will make it where CP3 has no choice put it leave after next season which I will be watching closely but is why Steph is so great that he is so selfless to sacrifice his play to make KD feel comfortable no matter what where the HC had to make a surprise home visit to tell him to be himself on the floor. If the Beard can make it work to welcome CP3 into his team and they reach new heights, I will congratulate the Beard on here to like most fans of the game would :nod:

And Lin is not as bad as a player, it just that the Beard didn't make it work in the backcourt but that doesn't change the fact the Knicks got him into signing a poison pill contract with a ruse saying they would match any offer to the media and you know it but can't admit it :laugh:

And I was half joking on the Iggy offer from Morey but the Dubs would only regret if they don't bring him back and willing to pay for him, something Sam Presti didn't do to retain the Beard which very likely cost the organization a championship or two which I'm sure he has regretted since.

PS, Surprised you didn't bring up Anderson so I guess Morey did make a mistake with that signing which Myers would never have committed and knows players fit better than any current GM in the league doofus :nod:

Go Dubs!
:dance:

Saddletramp
07-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Wrong on KD, we got him based on building trust and the team willing it make sacrifices on the floor in order to accommodate him which is why the Splash Bros hold back their shot attempts to adjust KD on our team and the team suffer at first. This show how much our unselfish key players want to make this work even the team seem to struggle during the season compared to last season and it paid off as he won the championship with KD as their FMVP :clap:

I highly doubt stirring it up is willing to sacrifice his game to accommodate CP3 since he can't seem to play with Lin or D12 which is not entirely his fault since the later care to put the effort in but CP3 will put the effort in and when he tells him to play some defense, will he since he still haven't yet. We shall see how much he sacrifices running the point for him or does he few threatens CP3 is now the best player on the team and will make it where CP3 has no choice put it leave after next season which I will be watching closely but is why Steph is so great that he is so selfless to sacrifice his play to make KD feel comfortable no matter what where the HC had to make a surprise home visit to tell him to be himself on the floor. If the Beard can make it work to welcome CP3 into his team and they reach new heights, I will congratulate the Beard on here to like most fans of the game would :nod:

And Lin is not as bad as a player, it just that the Beard didn't make it work in the backcourt but that doesn't change the fact the Knicks got him into signing a poison pill contract with a ruse saying they would match any offer to the media and you know it but can't admit it :laugh:

And I was half joking on the Iggy offer from Morey but the Dubs would only regret if they don't bring him back and willing to pay for him, something Sam Presti didn't do to retain the Beard which very likely cost the organization a championship or two which I'm sure he has regretted since.

PS, Surprised you didn't bring up Anderson so I guess Morey did make a mistake with that signing which Myers would never have committed and knows players fit better than any current GM in the league doofus :nod:

Go Dubs!

Once again, mangled. I meant to bring up Anderson, but didn't for whatever reason. He's the perfect stretch four in D'Antoni's system and with the spike, there was extra to go around for that year. There's only one Durant.

And his deal was worth it for what he did in double overtime in GS back in December during the best regular season game of the '16-'17 season. Hit a few daggers.

And don't come in here talking out of your *** and then later say that you were half joking about something. Not that you have any credibility but if you did, you would've just lost it.

Saddletramp
07-03-2017, 02:14 PM
:eyebrow:

After agreeing with Redick, and before Johnson, we still had $26mil in cap room.

**** after signing Amir Johnson we still have $15mil in cap room and are still $3 mil under the cap floor with a full roster!!

The timing seems pretty perfect. Around the same time Iguodala finished his meeting with Houston and canceled his meeting with Philadelphia, GS told him to come in for their meeting AND Philadelphia announced their $23 million Redick acquisition. Maybe Redick was getting it anyway and word leaked that Philadelphia had another $20ish million offer for Iguodala.

In any way, Iguodala definitely owes a beer and a handshake to Morey and Colangelo (that's who's calling the shots these days for the Sixers?) next time they meet.

lol, please
07-03-2017, 04:18 PM
:nod:

funny people thought otherwise

lol, please
07-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Who cares if they will have to trade Klay in 2 years.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Any warriors fan who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 5 seasons would. Anything other than him retiring a Warrior is unacceptable.

tredigs
07-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Any warriors fan who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 5 seasons would. Anything other than him retiring a Warrior is unacceptable.

You're a die hard Klay guy but he's the 4th best player on the team now and a Max contract guy. They can't and won't afford all 4 forever. I'm rooting for him wherever he ends up, and enjoying the show while it lasts.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Im a big warriors fan, but I don't expect them to keep all 4 together. Its just the harsh reality of todays NBA.

TrueFan420
07-03-2017, 04:38 PM
You're a die hard Klay guy but he's the 4th best player on the team now and a Max contract guy. They can't and won't afford all 4 forever. I'm rooting for him wherever he ends up, and enjoying the show while it lasts.

Im a big warriors fan, but I don't expect them to keep all 4 together. Its just the harsh reality of todays NBA.
Agreed and while Klay is a very good player he is by far the most expendable of the group. Curry and KD are next level and Green provides a versatility and leadership quality that cannot be replaced. Only chance Klay stays is if he takes a big pay-cut to what he could get in the open market.

eDush
07-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Im a big warriors fan, but I don't expect them to keep all 4 together. Its just the harsh reality of todays NBA.You're a bandwagon fan but that's okay. We accept all fans from all over the world, bandwagon, fair weather, even haters cause we are THAT good!
:win:

Yadadamean
07-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Iguodala was thinking about going to Houston for more money, he told his son that and his son wasn't having it.

Big ups to Andre jr

Scoots
07-03-2017, 08:09 PM
You're a bandwagon fan but that's okay. We accept all fans from all over the world, bandwagon, fair weather, even haters cause we are THAT good!

Coming from you? :speechless:

Scoots
07-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Keep in mind that KD signed for 2 years ... so he can wait to re-sign until the Warriors re-up with Klay and hold them to their word.

eDush
07-03-2017, 09:51 PM
You're a bandwagon fan but that's okay. We accept all fans from all over the world, bandwagon, fair weather, even haters cause we are THAT good!

Coming from you? :speechless:Coming from a Dubs fan who is not selfish enough to push away bandwagon fans from supporting the Dubs as we are headed towards being a dynasty in the making. I'm sure KD agrees with me too since he is not selfish either unlike some fans here who emphasize how long a person been a PSD member on the Dubs forum to determine how long they been a Dubs fan and called me a newbie fan unlike long time members :laugh:

Not implying it was you but I think you know who they are :nod:

HandsOnTheWheel
07-04-2017, 12:03 AM
You ok there?

Scoots
07-04-2017, 01:05 AM
You ok there?

He forgot that he admitted he's a bandwagon fan.

spliff(TONE)
07-04-2017, 01:57 AM
Sorry, you don't get to call someone out as a bandwagon fan when you yourself are the biggest bandwagon fan I've come across during my many years on this site.

Go Cubbies though, amirite?!?

eDush
07-04-2017, 02:00 AM
You ok there?

He forgot that he admitted he's a bandwagon fan.I never admitted that I was a bandwagon fan! No fan would ever admit such an act.
:no:

spliff(TONE)
07-04-2017, 02:24 AM
Lies

spliff(TONE)
07-04-2017, 02:31 AM
Proof: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?921294-Daniel-Murphy/page7

europagnpilgrim
07-04-2017, 03:44 AM
Wrong on KD, we got him based on building trust and the team willing it make sacrifices on the floor in order to accommodate him which is why the Splash Bros hold back their shot attempts to adjust KD on our team and the team suffer at first. This show how much our unselfish key players want to make this work even the team seem to struggle during the season compared to last season and it paid off as he won the championship with KD as their FMVP :clap:

Go Dubs!

Stirring it up from reports heavily recruited CP3 to join him, he didn't recruit Lin or Howard from reports around that time, just like how Stirring it up recruited Lou during deadline last year, from a players standpoint if you recruit a player to come play with you then I would imagine you would by any means accommodate that player to make it work with your fingerprints all over it, same as if a coach is trying to recruit a certain player that they have had previous experience with, as Hayward with Celtics coach and Howard now in Charlotte with a coach who he had experience with and Thibs grabbing Butler/Gibson

Vee-Rex
07-04-2017, 10:23 AM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19598630_1978713192413398_6462475982464767454_n.jp g?oh=a0fef29883ce4d4ba95bce6efcbecb37&oe=5A09C6FE

GREATNESS ONE
07-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Proof: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?921294-Daniel-Murphy/page7

:laugh2:
Busted! What a Buster!

eDush
07-04-2017, 01:57 PM

That's not admitting to being a bandwagon fan even though my actions seems to suggest that I am. So anyone who becomes a fan of another team would be labeled as a bandwagon fan forever and ever even though my reasons were based more on principal and NOT because they didn't win last season but the Cubs did which just happens to be a coincidence as i have always liked the Cubs in how they do things like my Dubs. Did you saw what the Cubs did after Montero blame my Arrieta for the stolen bases in the lose? (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20170628/monteros-demotion-another-chapter-in-cubs-slog) He was immediately released while we saw Casilla disrespected Bochy last season but he continue using him while the blown save after save continues in the worst 2nd half performance in Giants history, if not the Majors. That's why I like the Cubs because I just believe in those same principals regardless of their current sub .500 record this season as they do things the right way which I can no longer say the same for the Giants besides what they did to the Duffman :(

And i'm still a long time Niners fan despite what the team did to Harbaugh at the time and we are still rebuilding so why didn't i jump ship to the Patriots if i was some front running bandwagon fan?

Just because my actions reflects that of a bandwagon move doesn't mean I admitted to being one and I have nothing left to say about it so if I am continued to be labeled as one, then so be it :(

:basehit:

P.S. And hope you don't miss losing a special player like this anymore Tone cause he was "special" :crying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_ZizaTw-0

https://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/04/mlb-player-forced-to-part-ways-with-his-insanely-fat-cat/21444998/

:flag:

eDush
07-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Stirring it up from reports heavily recruited CP3 to join him, he didn't recruit Lin or Howard from reports around that time, just like how Stirring it up recruited Lou during deadline last year, from a players standpoint if you recruit a player to come play with you then I would imagine you would by any means accommodate that player to make it work with your fingerprints all over it, same as if a coach is trying to recruit a certain player that they have had previous experience with, as Hayward with Celtics coach and Howard now in Charlotte with a coach who he had experience with and Thibs grabbing Butler/Gibson

:bs: It's more likely than not that CP3 contacted 'stirring it up' if he could play there since he already had enough with Doc and stirring knows he would have to give up playing running the point but what can he say? No, this is MY team and I will continue to play the point so please go somewhere else to be a star? which would make him look selfish if news ever got out somehow?:laugh2: He most likely say sure whatever (in regret) as they both discuss how to give him credit by saying it was his idea to recruit CP3 onto the media to make him look like a hero doing what is best for the team so gullable fans like you who believe everything they read would buy into it hook, line and sinker :)

That's why I think they would implode early on but will admit it here if I am wrong on that and I do hope I am wrong cause I like CP3 and hope it will work out for him :nod:

spliff(TONE)
07-05-2017, 03:18 PM
That's not admitting to being a bandwagon fan even though my actions seems to suggest that I am. So anyone who becomes a fan of another team would be labeled as a bandwagon fan forever and ever even though my reasons were based more on principal and NOT because they didn't win last season but the Cubs did which just happens to be a coincidence as i have always liked the Cubs in how they do things like my Dubs. Did you saw what the Cubs did after Montero blame my Arrieta for the stolen bases in the lose? (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20170628/monteros-demotion-another-chapter-in-cubs-slog) He was immediately released while we saw Casilla disrespected Bochy last season but he continue using him while the blown save after save continues in the worst 2nd half performance in Giants history, if not the Majors. That's why I like the Cubs because I just believe in those same principals regardless of their current sub .500 record this season as they do things the right way which I can no longer say the same for the Giants besides what they did to the Duffman :(

And i'm still a long time Niners fan despite what the team did to Harbaugh at the time and we are still rebuilding so why didn't i jump ship to the Patriots if i was some front running bandwagon fan?

Just because my actions reflects that of a bandwagon move doesn't mean I admitted to being one and I have nothing left to say about it so if I am continued to be labeled as one, then so be it :(

:basehit:

P.S. And hope you don't miss losing a special player like this anymore Tone cause he was "special" :crying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_ZizaTw-0

https://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/04/mlb-player-forced-to-part-ways-with-his-insanely-fat-cat/21444998/

:flag:

Sounds as though you are in denial. The link I pasted in to this thread is hard evidence of you being a bandwagon fan.

I was a huge Duffy fan as well but could also admit that he was wretched last season. The trade for Moore made all the sense in the world regardless of whether you want to make it sound like they did Duffy dirty or some nonsense.

lol, please
07-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Sorry, you don't get to call someone out as a bandwagon fan when you yourself are the biggest bandwagon fan I've come across during my many years on this site.

Go Cubbies though, amirite?!?

He went from being a Giants fan to a Cubs fan?

:puke:

lol, please
07-05-2017, 05:32 PM

I mean, we will butt heads about Green/Klay forever probably, I consider him 3rd best pure talent wise but won't argue Green has more of an impact right now.

I don't think it's out of the question he sticks around, and I do think he would take less money (and others on the team as well) to stay a Warrior.

tredigs
07-05-2017, 05:38 PM
I mean, we will butt heads about Green/Klay forever probably, I consider him 3rd best pure talent wise but won't argue Green has more of an impact right now.

I don't think it's out of the question he sticks around, and I do think he would take less money (and others on the team as well) to stay a Warrior.

I hope you're right.

lol, please
07-05-2017, 05:40 PM
I hope you're right.

With Durant taking less money, and Klay's big shoe deal, I think it's a possibility things continue to work out!

tredigs
07-05-2017, 05:46 PM
With Durant taking less money, and Klay's big shoe deal, I think it's a possibility things continue to work out!

Yeah, I mean he really does not need any more money (he never did), and with the 80 million dollar shoe deal on top of his other endorsements, he's already looking at a minimum of 200 million guaranteed in his career after the 2018/19 season (so well over a quarter billion in earnings minimum after his next deal regardless of where he goes). For a guy who has never needed money, I could definitely see him being OK not maxing out every dollar if living in the Bay and playing for championships every year is more important than the biggest possible bottom line and having his own show somewhere else. We shalll see!

spliff(TONE)
07-06-2017, 12:15 AM
He went from being a Giants fan to a Cubs fan?

:puke:
Yes indeed.

nastynice
07-06-2017, 04:02 AM

Klays a savage, I never knew he had such a huge shoe deal. It's perfect for him, and matter of fact, playing for the Warriors might make him more money overall than playing elsewhere