PDA

View Full Version : Jrue Holiday stays with NO

minato_17
07-01-2017, 06:41 AM
Free agent guard Jrue Holiday has reached agreement on 5-year, $126M deal to stay with New Orleans, agent Jason Glushon tells ESPN.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

minato_17
07-01-2017, 06:42 AM
Deal includes bonuses that could move package to $150M, and a player option on 5th year. https://t.co/COZVP62K7g

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Aust
07-01-2017, 06:44 AM
Damn you beat me to it. Fast.

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Ouch. I can somewhat see why New Orleans did this, but this is the one contract signed so far that makes me think "That team is seriously going to regret that in a few years." New Orleans needed a playmaker around Davis and Cousins, but they didn't need one this bad.

Aust
07-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Quite a few teams were interested in him. Pels wanted to get this done quick.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Ouch. I can somewhat see why New Orleans did this, but this is the one contract signed so far that makes me think "That team is seriously going to regret that in a few years." New Orleans needed a playmaker around Davis and Cousins, but they didn't need one this bad.

This one and the Clippers Griffin one are risky ... but the Pelicans really needed him, and he was very appreciative of the team for letting him take care of his wife and baby.

The Pelicans need to get a new owner.

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Hopefully he can stay healthy and return to All Star Jrue.

Heediot
07-01-2017, 08:53 AM
There are more regrettable contracts in the league vs. value ones, so i'm tired of hearing people complaining and clamoring for every team to make perfect transactions (I'm a little guilty of this as well, hypocrisy and irony lol). Everything is relative, there has to be bad teams for there to be good teams. if there were 30 pops coaching, at least 10 would have to be considered bad.

With the cba and salary floor, there will always be guys over-paid and bad contracts. With analytics and data so big now, maybe getting rid of max contracts isn't a bad thing and let the team's number crunchers conjure up value according to what a player should be worth. If Durant is worth 60 mil, let the guy have it and we'll see about super teams ability to being formed/stay together.

Teams can take back control with star players instead of these bs trades of late. the PG-Cousins and even Butler trades were laughable. It makes the Kevin Love trade back then look like a a big heist for minny.

AllBall
07-01-2017, 09:12 AM
There are more regrettable contracts in the league vs. value ones

I don't see it that way at all. All the teams last off season got in on the bad contract party, this off season they were all sensible until this New Orleans contract. It's like in the comedy movie Old School where Will Farrel goes streaking by himself. Looking foolish NOLA.

Heediot
07-01-2017, 09:19 AM
I don't see it that way at all. All the teams last off season got in on the bad contract party, this off season they were all sensible until this New Orleans contract. It's like in the comedy movie Old School where Will Farrel goes streaking by himself. Looking foolish NOLA.

Which one's were sensible?

Maybe the Livingston IMO.

Bogdanovich of Fenerbache
Snell
Teague

all seemed questionable and arguable.

kjthunderman
07-01-2017, 09:19 AM
can't decide if they overpaid or not. when his game is on, he is a stud!

Vee-Rex
07-01-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm glad he stayed. Now lets hope he can stay healthy and the Pelicans can surround those guys with some actual talent. They're a threat for a late seed in the West if all goes well.

Mell413
07-01-2017, 12:01 PM
I can't remember where I read it but with Holiday, Davis, and Cousins on the court they had a scoring margin of a 54 win team. I think he fits there. Thsir bench is still somewhat ugly though.

da ThRONe
07-01-2017, 12:21 PM
It's an overpay. But we are under all kinds of pressure to win now and teams make bad moves when under pressure.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Of all PGs he is the best at defending Curry. When he's on he's a great player ... just needs to be more consistent and stay healthy.

dhopisthename
07-02-2017, 12:32 PM
man this contract is so bad. I understand the pelicans can't get another point gaurd, but were there other teams really going to pay him this much? the Jeff Teague contract makes me think that he wasn't and none of this factors in his complete inability to stay healthy.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Way overpaid. Was hoping Pels used that money to get a 3rd star to compliment the 2 headed monster in Cousins-Davis.