Jets012
07-01-2017, 12:26 AM
Horrible deal to be honest.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Discuss.

TrueFan420
07-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Great deal. His game ages well. And his skillset is a much need skillset to balance our squad.

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 12:40 AM
I understand Golden State wanting to take care of the guy and bring him back, but I kinda feel like this is an overpay for what Livingston was giving the Warriors. The guy played 17 minutes a night in the regular season and less than 16 a night in the playoffs. This deal or maybe something slightly more would have made a lot more sense for Iggy. I feel like they paid the wrong guy...

That being said, it probably doesn't matter. That starting five could have a bench of veteran minimum guys and still win 60 games and the title next year.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 12:48 AM
Just a little more than I'd hoped, but less than he probably could have had.

tredigs
07-01-2017, 12:58 AM
I'm happy with the deal for sure. Keeps a very solid backup PG + the continuity that goes along with it for 8 mil a year for 2 years and a semi-team option for year 3. 2.5 mil more a year for him in this market?? That's a very good thing for the Warriors. Makes him like the 125th highest paid player in the league after the off-season. He's worth it, and would have gotten more on the free market.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2017, 01:05 AM
He was clutch for them in the series-winning Game 5 of the Finals. I was worried they might lose him. Still might lose Iggy, we'll see. But 8 million ain't bad. Can't complain about Livingston especially after his career resurgence and being a quality backup. Quality > Quantity if you're GS if you ask me. Iguodala is expendable if you ask me, but they should keep other guys. We'll see...but compared to Curry's 40m/yr, lol, this is nothing.

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Great deal. I'm guessing the last year is a team option.

8mil a year is nothing for what he brings off the bench.

mavwar53
07-01-2017, 01:33 AM
Love the deal, bring back iggy or get Gay to come here and it keeps the team in tact, West sounds like he wants to come back and same goes for McGee, we will see how this works out.

With them going after Iggy or Gay and bringing back Livingston it seems to close the door on VC which is fine with me. He wants to play and with the starters plus McCaw, Livingston and one of the other 2 there just isn't room for him if he wants more than 25 games.

nastynice
07-01-2017, 01:38 AM
Sweet!

I wouldn't fault any warrior for chasing the money, but the more we keep the better

Curry and KD are just at the beginning of this ride. Oh, it's gonna be fun

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 01:55 AM
So, I could be wrong, but combining the Warriors current salaries on Hoopshype with Curry's $34.5 million next year and an estimated $8 million for Livingston (probably a little less than that) puts Golden State at around $80 million-$81 million in contracts for next season. But that's only for seven players, including Thompson, Green, Looney, Jones and McCaw.

Assume we pencil in $30 million for Durant, and Golden State is already at $110 million with eight guys, three of which of which probably don't sniff the rotation. That's a pretty legitimate challenge to fill out the rest of their roster. Even if Durant waits until after the Warriors use the rest of their cap to re-sign, are they really willing to use the rest of their cap and then throw Duran'ts $30 million+ on top of it? What would the luxury tax penalties be for going that much over?

Hopper15
07-01-2017, 02:06 AM
Just a little more than I'd hoped, but less than he probably could have had.

8 mil a year in this insane market. Warrior fans should be doing back flips over this deal.

valade16
07-01-2017, 02:17 AM
What a great deal. His paint moves over smaller defenders are back breaking. To be able to bring back any bench pieces is a major coup. GS gonna win several more rings.

COOLbeans
07-01-2017, 03:04 AM
Very good deal. Livingston is an integral member of this team. Couldnt imagine a better backup PG and him taking 8M is a steal for the Warriors

Heediot
07-01-2017, 04:38 AM
8 million is the new MLE, that is a good deal for the Whoreiors. The Kings shelled out 12 per for the Serbian Bogdanovic. Snell got over 10. I wouldn't be complaining.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 08:27 AM
So, I could be wrong, but combining the Warriors current salaries on Hoopshype with Curry's $34.5 million next year and an estimated $8 million for Livingston (probably a little less than that) puts Golden State at around $80 million-$81 million in contracts for next season. But that's only for seven players, including Thompson, Green, Looney, Jones and McCaw.

Assume we pencil in $30 million for Durant, and Golden State is already at $110 million with eight guys, three of which of which probably don't sniff the rotation. That's a pretty legitimate challenge to fill out the rest of their roster. Even if Durant waits until after the Warriors use the rest of their cap to re-sign, are they really willing to use the rest of their cap and then throw Duran'ts $30 million+ on top of it? What would the luxury tax penalties be for going that much over?

In 4 years following this patter they may be paying $400M a year for their roster. But they will still be making money. The team was purchased 6 years ago for $450M and is projected to be worth over $5B in 2 years. The owners are doing just fine. They may get scared in a few years, but not at the moment.

I like Livingston being a Warrior to the end and beyond. I could see him becoming a coach after he retires.

I still think Iguodala stays.

West and McGee come back, and a bunch of vet minimum deals and the MLE and room for other free agents.