PDA

View Full Version : Griffin staying in LA

brandt
06-30-2017, 10:13 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19778813/blake-griffin-re-sign-los-angeles-clippers

brandt
06-30-2017, 10:18 PM
The clippers up to the funny business again. How can he agree to sign before the free agent period starts?
I could be wrong but I think because he's resigning, It's actually allowed.

Laker Legend42
06-30-2017, 10:19 PM
The clippers up to the funny business again. How can he agree to sign before the free agent period starts?

warfelg
06-30-2017, 10:20 PM
My thoughts on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDdc3AtaTA

warfelg
06-30-2017, 10:21 PM

He's their own FA so I think they likely could. Or he just could have told everyone around him that as long as it's the max he's in.

aman_13
06-30-2017, 10:25 PM
I can see the future.

richiesaurus310
06-30-2017, 10:27 PM
Ugh I was really hoping we were gonna sign and trade him too. At least he'll be 33 at the end of this deal as opposed to Chris Paul being 37 at the end of his super max if he had re-signed. Looks like the Clippers are gonna swing for the fences next year in free agency.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-30-2017, 10:30 PM

Paul agreed to go to the Rockets before FA started too.

brandt
06-30-2017, 10:31 PM
No he didn't. That's just what he told the Clippers He was planning on doing, but he never agreed by signing or making a verbal agreement. Huge difference.

Redrum187

I thought he was traded there?

Laker Legend42
He's their own FA so I think they likely could. Or he just could have told everyone around him that as long as it's the max he's in.
Once he opted out of his final season he doesn't belong to anyone. I have never seen this happen. I know teams talk to players before July 1 they normally don't announce it

LA_Raiders
06-30-2017, 10:32 PM
It's all about the $$$. Good for him.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-30-2017, 10:39 PM
No he didn't. That's just what he told the Clippers He was planning on doing, but he never agreed by signing or making a verbal agreement. Huge difference.

I thought he was traded there?

He already agreed to go there. Paul told the Clippers to trade him to Rocekts or else he would've just signed there outright.

Rocekts had no cap. Paul would have needed to speak to Rockets (either Morey, Harden, etc) in order to make sense of it all.

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2017, 10:43 PM
If you think their isn't any talking going on well before Midnight, you're incredibly gullible

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

THE MTL
06-30-2017, 10:47 PM
Money talks.

KB24PG16
07-01-2017, 12:16 AM
count your money big guy

mrblisterdundee
07-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Griffin has missed more than two full seasons worth of games in his first seven. But he started with four healthy seasons in a row, so I wouldn't call his deal Amare 2.0 just yet.
He's no longer an elite above-the-rim player, but Griffin has transformed his game in response to injury and is one of the best big-man passers in a while. He can be an effective point forward for the Clippers, while still being their leading scorer.
Jerry West just came in as an adviser from a team where the power forward gets more assists than anyone. Griffin can still draw defenses in, and guys like Jordan, Redick, Crawford, Rivers, Beverly, Williams, Harrell and Dekker are all great off-ball fits next to Griffin running the point. Their defense is still going to be solid.

LivinLakers
07-01-2017, 01:37 AM
I personally have never thought much of Chris Paul. I think the Clippers could actually be a better team without him. I am certain that Blake was better when CP3 was out. So if I am Blake and they give me max, I am probably in too.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2017, 02:10 AM
Clips need to get rid of rivers and get Lowry.

Heediot
07-01-2017, 04:41 AM
Eric Gordon back to the Clippers would have been gold in the Cp Trade. He had good chemistry with DJ and Blake in his infant years. I guess Morey wouldn't give him away. I think Blake goes for 25 PPG and next year if healthy.

J-Relo
07-01-2017, 05:29 AM
Wanted him on the Suns, but oh well...

Cal827
07-01-2017, 06:55 AM
I honestly don't know what the Clippers are doing. They probably weren't contenders with both Paul and Griffin, so I thought that the Paul trade was a sign that they are going to rebuild. But they sign Griffin to this mammoth contract? Seems like they might be looking a lower-tier playoff seed for the next couple years (for a bit until the lower teams eventually jump them too).

Unless they are looking to dump a bunch of contracts to go make a run at Lowry or Teague, where do they go from here?

Aust
07-01-2017, 07:29 AM
Good. Roll with him and if the time comes to pull the trigger, move him for assets.

ManningToTyree
07-01-2017, 07:32 AM
I felt the clippers should have went full rebuild one cp3 ran to Houston. With Blake they will be stuck in NBA no mans land for the next few years barring a major FA acquisition. Is Blake enough to lure another star? The clippers are betting yes but I'm not so sure.

Mr.B
07-01-2017, 11:58 AM

He can agree to sign he just can't actually put pen to paper yet.

SenileStern
07-01-2017, 01:50 PM
lol

Marc J. Spears‏ @MarcJSpearsESPN
Clippers employees wore T-shirt after Blake Griffin's FA meeting likening him to MLK, Obama, Ali, JFK, Lincoln, Gandhi, MJ,Einstein,Mandela.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDqr6kAUwAEnsFy.jpg

richiesaurus310
07-01-2017, 02:00 PM
I felt the clippers should have went full rebuild one cp3 ran to Houston. With Blake they will be stuck in NBA no mans land for the next few years barring a major FA acquisition. Is Blake enough to lure another star? The clippers are betting yes but I'm not so sure.

They're hoping Blake+major cap space+Los Angeles= A star coming to LA.

I'm still hoping Deandre gets moved this offseason. I agree I wished they had full on rebuilt but we'll never understand that there is a business side to the NBA too on top of winning championships. You gotta sell tickets and Blake Griffin helps do that.

richiesaurus310
07-01-2017, 02:08 PM
lol

Clippers employees wore T-shirt after Blake Griffin's FA meeting likening him to MLK, Obama, Ali, JFK, Lincoln, Gandhi, MJ,Einstein,Mandela.

It's even funnier when you find out Gandhi was hella racist against black people.

CityofTreez
07-01-2017, 02:21 PM
lol

Haha Einstein

Chronz
07-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Get Einstein the f outta here

Aust
07-01-2017, 03:34 PM
God that shirt is pathetic

thapharcyd
07-01-2017, 05:32 PM
What a tease for suns fans

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Cracka2HI!
07-01-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm glad they're keeping him. He was the right guy to keep. It's a risk with health but Blake isn't as frail as people think. I think it's funny PSD considers Blake so broken down he's worthless yet considers Embiid an 82 game a year player. It's easier to build around a star and it's sure as hell easier to butts in the seats. Ownership has a little more to care about than posters on a message board. A full rebuild would have possibly been a quicker route back to the top but you never know. It could take 7 years to a decade like the Sixers. What year are The Lakers in again? With Blake on board you can catch a break or 2 and be right back in it. Jerry West is a guy who makes those kinds of breaks happen!

tp13baby
07-01-2017, 06:23 PM
It's even funnier when you find out Gandhi was hella racist against black people.

When you have part of the league thinking the world is flat, no way in hell would anyone know this.

But he was racist and this is pretty funny.

richiesaurus310
07-01-2017, 06:41 PM
When you have part of the league thinking the world is flat, no way in hell would anyone know this.

But he was racist and this is pretty funny.

😂 So true.

steelcityroller
07-01-2017, 10:19 PM
If you think their isn't any talking going on well before Midnight, you're incredibly gullible

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I remember it used to be hilarious in the NFL. Players would sign multi-million dollar deals an hour into free agency and in some cases be there in person to sign the contract. Or the contract details would get leaked the week before and it would be the exact deal they signed come free agency.

Everybody knows it happens may as well do away with the rules.