PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Teague likely to sign with the Timberwolves

shep33
06-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Jeff Teague Timberwolves bound. bit.ly/2svOy1n pic.twitter.com/tJQcnFVqjk

1 min ago via Twitter ESPNSteinLine
Marc Stein: The Knicks have abandoned their hopes of meeting with Jeff Teague, league sources say, convinced Teague has already committed to Minnesota

I don't like this for Minny.

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Don't like it... Rather keep Rubio.

valade16
06-30-2017, 08:33 PM
:laugh: Hawkeye be careful what you joke about!

Heediot
06-30-2017, 08:37 PM
Don't like it... Rather keep Rubio.

Agreed.

I wonder what the numbers are?

Saddletramp
06-30-2017, 08:39 PM
:laugh: Hawkeye be careful what you joke about!

Yeah, I just read that. :laugh2:

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 08:56 PM
Minny with the great Jimmy B move.. then to screw it up with Teague. Ugh

bleedprple&gold
06-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Lowry would be a better option

KB24PG16
06-30-2017, 09:09 PM
terrible fit, seems like a throwback wolves move

More-Than-Most
06-30-2017, 09:10 PM
one massive step forward with butler... follows it up with 2 steps back with teague... go all in for lowry or holiday. Bad bad move.

Twolves88
06-30-2017, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty pissed right now. Rubio was going to finally have a team that compliments him and then we trade him for nothing. Teague also will most likely have a larger and longer salary then Rubio. I don't think hes any better at all then Rubio.....

I feel like thibs is going to screw up our franchise and cause towns to leave...

Jets012
06-30-2017, 09:18 PM
No idea why Teague is hated. He's easily better than Rubio, makes more sense on their team (doesn't demand the ball as much and can shoot). He's a much safer get than Lowry who would cost much much more and could backfire quickly if he doesn't age well. I like this move for them. Not as sexy obviously, but to be honest if KAT keeps improving and Jimmy Butler does as well (I know Butler is older, but he has continued to get better the last three years), those are going to be their #1/#2 anyways. Minnesota is going to need to stockpile a bench, gives them more space.

Still should find a way to move Wiggins. I figured his value is higher than it should be and he really isn't a fit on Minnesota anymore.

More-Than-Most
06-30-2017, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty pissed right now. Rubio was going to finally have a team that compliments him and then we trade him for nothing. Teague also will most likely have a larger and longer salary then Rubio. I don't think hes any better at all then Rubio.....

I feel like thibs is going to screw up our franchise and cause towns to leave...

he isnt better than rubio but that isnt whats moronic... rubio compliments your team and fits on your team much much much better... seems like the wolves went with name value or a ppg type of guy which is moronic... its a pretty terrible fit and he likely gets more cash than rubio.

Jets012
06-30-2017, 09:19 PM
he isnt better than rubio but that isnt whats moronic... rubio compliments your team and fits on your team much much much better... seems like the wolves went with name value or a ppg type of guy which is moronic... its a pretty terrible fit and he likely gets more cash than rubio.

Rubo complements the team well? He still can't shoot. Wiggins and Butler aren't great shooters either. Teague is definitely a better fit and the better player.

aman_13
06-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Rubio was by far their best option as a pick and roll pg but they should be alright with Teague in that area. He's an upgrade because he can shoot the ball. It's not a major upgrade but they don't need a lot from him.

Hill would of been the better option though if they were looking for a cost effective move.

mngopher35
06-30-2017, 09:25 PM
I don't think Teague is a better player but his fit is a bit over Rubio (likely costs more). I have concerns with all the options haha so it's whatever at this point. Except rose, please not that.

Twolves88
06-30-2017, 09:25 PM
Rubo complements the team well? He still can't shoot. Wiggins and Butler aren't great shooters either. Teague is definitely a better fit and the better player.

Rubio was improving over the course of the second half of the season. His shooting numbers were way up. Not to mention he is lights out for passing. I'm going to miss watching him pass.

I feel like we are trading our future to be the Toronto raptors of the western conference.... if we can even make it as far as them.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2017, 09:27 PM
Teague is a SLIGHT upgrade. They will miss Rubio's defense.

aman_13
06-30-2017, 09:28 PM

I disagree, he can't shoot and struggles to finish around the rim. Teague is an upgrade over Rubio.

It's just an underwhelming upgrade.

Twolves88
06-30-2017, 09:31 PM
I want to see the contract. If it's more then Rubio was on the hook for its a bad pick up. If its something around 3-4 years and 36-50 million I might be ok with it. But if it hampers us from signing other free agents and looking for a decent starting power forward or defensive wing I'll be even more upset.

valade16
06-30-2017, 10:48 PM
If they are truly signing Teague it means Lowry was never a realistic option. If the choice is between Teague, Rubio and Rose, Teague is probably the best option for that team.

jayjay33
06-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Good move they had to have a of that can shoot. Towns Wiggins butler and Rubio would have been terrible. Talk about no spacing. Lol

Good move by minny.

smith&wesson
06-30-2017, 11:03 PM
Teague is not as bad as you all are making him seem to be.. his drive an kicks to Butler or Wiggins on the perimiter will be nice and he can finish around the rim as well. He was solid in Atlanta .. Pacers were a mess with all the PG rumours and band aid solutions players like Ellis, Al Jeff, Thad Young etc. Teague is pretty solid.

Ty Fast
06-30-2017, 11:37 PM
They got a 1st for Rubio and replaced him without giving up anything. I hope they didnt over pay but I bet they did.

aman_13
07-01-2017, 12:03 AM
3 yrs 57 million.

ManningToTyree
07-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Teague seems like a better fit

shep33
07-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Almost $20 mill a year? Honestly, I think Patty Mills is a better player, and he just signed a 4 for $50 mill

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 12:18 AM
He's a much better shooter than Rubio.

Apparently they're the front runner for Millsap. If they get him watch out. They can get him through sign and trade if they don't have the cap

Raps18-19 Champ
07-01-2017, 12:20 AM
They downgraded as a team today...

KG2TB
07-01-2017, 12:24 AM
No idea why Teague is hated. He's easily better than Rubio, makes more sense on their team (doesn't demand the ball as much and can shoot). He's a much safer get than Lowry who would cost much much more and could backfire quickly if he doesn't age well. I like this move for them. Not as sexy obviously, but to be honest if KAT keeps improving and Jimmy Butler does as well (I know Butler is older, but he has continued to get better the last three years), those are going to be their #1/#2 anyways. Minnesota is going to need to stockpile a bench, gives them more space.

Still should find a way to move Wiggins. I figured his value is higher than it should be and he really isn't a fit on Minnesota anymore.

I completely agree. In a vacuum, this is a great signing. Don't forget, Teague ran the point for a very good Atlanta team for a number of seasons. And they didn't have the talent like a KAT, Butler, or Wig. He can get into the paint, he can shoot, and he competes on defense. He's a good player.

effen5
07-01-2017, 12:26 AM
I completely agree. In a vacuum, this is a great signing. Don't forget, Teague ran the point for a very good Atlanta team for a number of seasons. And they didn't have the talent like a KAT, Butler, or Wig. He can get into the paint, he can shoot, and he competes on defense. He's a good player.

Agreed. Teague was very good in ATL. Wasn't a big fan of Rubio at all anyway. Great move imo.

Jets012
07-01-2017, 12:29 AM
I mean seriously no idea where the Rubio love is coming from. Has an injury history. Hasn't really improved in 6 years. Wasn't a great fit on Minnesota. I mean is a Rubio/Wiggins/Butler back-court scaring anyone? None of those guys can consistently hit threes.

You get Teague, a guy who is a very consistent player. Not nearly as streaky as someone like Rubio. Teague is a pretty safe bet for right around 16/17 points, 7/8 assists a year on solid efficiency. Plus Teague doesn't demand the ball to set up an offense like Rubio. He'll be much better off the ball when Butler or Wiggins occupy it. Teague is going to play just fine there. Like I said, Minnesota's problem is still what they are going to do with Wiggins. Love this move for them.

effen5
07-01-2017, 12:41 AM
I mean seriously no idea where the Rubio love is coming from. Has an injury history. Hasn't really improved in 6 years. Wasn't a great fit on Minnesota. I mean is a Rubio/Wiggins/Butler back-court scaring anyone? None of those guys can consistently hit threes.

You get Teague, a guy who is a very consistent player. Not nearly as streaky as someone like Rubio. Teague is a pretty safe bet for right around 16/17 points, 7/8 assists a year on solid efficiency. Plus Teague doesn't demand the ball to set up an offense like Rubio. He'll be much better off the ball when Butler or Wiggins occupy it. Teague is going to play just fine there. Like I said, Minnesota's problem is still what they are going to do with Wiggins. Love this move for them.

Sota gets Teague + a first round pick (Jazz).

Scoots
07-01-2017, 12:49 AM
Teague supposedly confirmed for Wolves.

mngopher35
07-01-2017, 01:53 AM

I like Rubio, very good defender and elite passer/playmaker but yes obviously lacks shooting/scoring. However I do think Teague is similar talent wise and fits better as a spacer when not on ball (as you mention rubio needing ball with this unit doesn't fit great).

I don't love or hate our moves really. I hope we have something big planned still but this will be a really fun team next year.......FINALLY!

nastynice
07-01-2017, 07:16 AM
Damn, with Butler and Teague, Minny lookin kinda nice. Solid team, with that obvious beast potential we gotta see keep developing

Teague seems a much better fit than Rubio, can play off the ball can slash too

ewing
07-01-2017, 11:12 AM

I'm with ya. I don't love the move but I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
07-01-2017, 11:30 AM
I actually think it was a good move. Butler and Wiggins are streaky shooters and having Rubio out there with them would lead to some frustrating offensive droughts.

Teague had a good 2016/17 season. He found his niche and place in the Pacers system. He put up practically 15/8 on 44%FG 35%3PT and .574%TS and 19.2PER. If he can match that sort of production per possession while feeding KAT and Butler and Wiggins then he'll do perfectly fine.

Not to mention that, although it was just 4 games, he had a SUPERB playoffs. Fantastic. Nearly 50%FG and over 50%3pt and a .642%TS. He has a good amount of experience running a successful team like the Hawks, and an enormous amount of playoff experience with those Hawks teams (unlike Rubio who has no playoff experience and Lowry who usually stinks in the playoffs).

Teague is only 28 so it's not like he's much older than Rubio (26). Hill and Lowry are both 31. Also, Teague has generally been a healthy player and won't collapse under injuries like Rubio, Hill, and Lowry.

I understand initial wtfoutrage but the more I think about it, the more I like Teague with Minny.

Vee-Rex
07-01-2017, 11:33 AM

Fully agree.

IKnowHoops
07-01-2017, 12:51 PM
I'm liking the move. Teague does have game. Think trading Wiggins is crazy talk. Dude is 22 and is an athletic beast. You def have to give it half a year to a year and then see what you have. But I believe in Wigg

kobe4thewinbang
07-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Towns, Taj, Butler, Wiggins, Teague...nice!

KG2TB
07-02-2017, 11:07 PM
I actually think it was a good move. Butler and Wiggins are streaky shooters and having Rubio out there with them would lead to some frustrating offensive droughts.

Teague had a good 2016/17 season. He found his niche and place in the Pacers system. He put up practically 15/8 on 44%FG 35%3PT and .574%TS and 19.2PER. If he can match that sort of production per possession while feeding KAT and Butler and Wiggins then he'll do perfectly fine.

Not to mention that, although it was just 4 games, he had a SUPERB playoffs. Fantastic. Nearly 50%FG and over 50%3pt and a .642%TS. He has a good amount of experience running a successful team like the Hawks, and an enormous amount of playoff experience with those Hawks teams (unlike Rubio who has no playoff experience and Lowry who usually stinks in the playoffs).

Teague is only 28 so it's not like he's much older than Rubio (26). Hill and Lowry are both 31. Also, Teague has generally been a healthy player and won't collapse under injuries like Rubio, Hill, and Lowry.

I understand initial wtfoutrage but the more I think about it, the more I like Teague with Minny.

Absolutely. Teague is a gamer. He always steps up in the playoffs and is rock solid during the regular season.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2017, 10:26 AM
I am fine with the move. I love Rubio, but I always had concern, that come playoff time, his shooting/inability to score, would kill us. It did in multiple 4th quarters last year, and the prospect of having (at least until now) no shooters, hurts. That being said, I do think Wiggins is going to shoot better from 3 this season, because many of them won't be off the dribble, and Butler isn't a horrid shooter, but he doesn't take many. Hell Teague isn't even a great 3 point shooter, but he is a much better scoring threat.

The Wolves need to add some shooting, somehow. Towns I expect to be a 38-39% shooter from deep, but they need a bench shooter for sure.