PDA

View Full Version : Rubio To Jazz for Lottery Protected 1st Round Pick

Heediot
06-30-2017, 05:22 PM
2018 1st round pick.

Thoughts?

Personally, I am a Rubio fan, and I think he will steadily improve his shooting and surprise people. He love of the game is pure and his work ethic is there. Solid pick up for Utah for their cap room.

Rivera
06-30-2017, 05:24 PM
my only question for Minnesota is who is going to run the point? Tyus Jones?

i dont hate the deal for either team i just wanted to ask

Heediot
06-30-2017, 05:26 PM

They are probably looking to add a PG via FA or S & T, or even trade. It's going to be a interesting off-season in Minny (Already is).

Dade County
06-30-2017, 05:27 PM
Jazz getting desperate, tradinh for Rubio. Lol

That means George is out, can't afford him.

Hayward told Utah that he wanted to play alongside Hill. This can mean, Utah believes that Hayward is gone.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 05:28 PM

I would guess Kyle Lowry agrees to a deal tomorrow morning honestly. Which I don't know where I stand on, though it is an upgrade. Those playoff numbers though.....ugh

Dade County
06-30-2017, 05:28 PM
They are probably looking to add a PG via FA or S & T, or even trade. It's going to be a interesting off-season in Minny (Already is).

Wolves need a pg that can hit the open 3.

Wade n Fade
06-30-2017, 05:29 PM
I would not want Rubio as a starting PG since he will cost more than signing Rondo as a free agent. Keeping the 1st round pick would've helped.

Cal827
06-30-2017, 05:33 PM
Minnesota's likely going to take a big run at Kyle Lowry, which should be very, very tempting for him.

KAT and Wiggins are budding stars and Butler is the veteran star player. Playing alongside Butler would also allow him not have to worry about forcing the offense (I noticed in the playoffs, that Lowry was trying to force the offense in Toronto, but it most cases, it was not ending well). Butler is an excellent passer as well, so he can look to get around screens and hit his shots. With so many weapons, he probably would get more open looks than he did as a Raptor.

I'm just not sure if he would pass on the difference in the salaries offered. But maybe, Toronto looked at where they are in the standings, and saw that they can't get by Cleveland at this point, Boston is going to probably be better than them this year, and that Philly could soon jump them as well, so they could try to rebuild/retool the team.

Heediot
06-30-2017, 05:35 PM
Lowry as a 3/4th option is where he can do damage. The only problem is he will be an expensive declining player soon.

Jets012
06-30-2017, 05:37 PM
I would guess Kyle Lowry agrees to a deal tomorrow morning honestly. Which I don't know where I stand on, though it is an upgrade. Those playoff numbers though.....ugh

Damn good team if Lowry signs with you guys and Wiggins evolves as a player (which I'm doubtful on). Would still think you guys would be much better off with a spot-up, off-the-ball shooter at the SG position. Maybe you guys can finesse JJ Reddick too.

aman_13
06-30-2017, 05:38 PM

It's not just an upgrade. He's an elite regular season pg. I hate saying "regular season" but the man has to show up come playoff time lol.

Good thing is he doesn't have as much pressure playing with Butler and Towns.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 05:38 PM
Lowry as a 3/4th option is where he can do damage. The only problem is he will be an expensive declining player soon.

yeah, Lowry this coming year, and the year after? Exciting. Lowry making $40+ million at age 36? Not exciting...

aman_13
06-30-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure how to feel about Lowry potentially leaving. He's given the Raptors their best yrs. He will be missed for sure.

Of course it's not a foregone conclusion. Anything can still happen.

Rivera
06-30-2017, 05:43 PM

the wolves have space for Lowry? man! You guys have to make the playoffs next year

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 05:48 PM
watch us sign Jeff Teague..

I mean, signing Lowry would be nice for the next 2 years, but our bench is putrid, and our starting PF is Dieng. So I guess adding Teague, and a couple of other real players might be an option? Idk

warfelg
06-30-2017, 05:49 PM
yeah, Lowry this coming year, and the year after? Exciting. Lowry making $40+ million at age 36? Not exciting...

There was another Sixer fan arguing that we should sign him because his contract would still be easily movable after 2 years :laugh:

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 05:51 PM
the wolves have space for Lowry? man! You guys have to make the playoffs next year

If we signed Lowry, and could at least get a couple of vet minimums who can play a little, I can assure you making the playoffs only would be a failure. A Lowry-Butler-Wiggins-FA-Towns lineup better win a series

Dade County
06-30-2017, 05:52 PM

I mean, signing Lowry would be nice for the next 2 years, but our bench is putrid, and our starting PF is Dieng. So I guess adding Teague, and a couple of other real players might be an option? Idk

How about Livingston? Having 3 wing players with length and athleticism can really help out on defense.

He can also give some insight against his old team.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 05:53 PM
There was another Sixer fan arguing that we should sign him because his contract would still be easily movable after 2 years :laugh:

how on earth is a 2 year, $80 million deal for a 6'1", 34 year old easy to move haha?

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 05:54 PM
How about Livingston? Having 3 wing players with length and athleticism can really help out on defense.

He can also give some insight against his old team.

I mean, so can I.

"They call all shoot from 30, like to weave around until there is a single breakdown in the defense, then one of them hits a bomb".

I just scouted GS for you in 8 seconds

mngopher35
06-30-2017, 05:54 PM
Ya I think this mean Lowry or Teague.

I am not really a fan of our change of direction but at least the team should be good for a while.

Heediot
06-30-2017, 05:58 PM
Geroge Hill would be nice, I think his game ages better vs. Lowry (both 31). He is good of the ball and with the PnR if need be. Good on defense also.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 05:58 PM
Ya I think this mean Lowry or Teague.

I am not really a fan of our change of direction but at least the team should be good for a while.

that is because you think the league should just call in sick for 2-3 years haha

hugepatsfan
06-30-2017, 05:59 PM
If we signed Lowry, and could at least get a couple of vet minimums who can play a little, I can assure you making the playoffs only would be a failure. A Lowry-Butler-Wiggins-FA-Towns lineup better win a series

Eh. GS, SA and HOU are all better still IMO. So you guys would be the 4 seed and I wouldn't be shocked if Utah (w/ Hayward obviously) or POR (w/ Nurkic) beat you guys.

Rivera
06-30-2017, 05:59 PM

I was just about to ask you this because Teague is solid in Pick and Roll which he can do with Towns

Lowry/Hill/Teague, which one do you want if you had your pick?

Dade County
06-30-2017, 06:01 PM
I mean, so can I.

"They call all shoot from 30, like to weave around until there is a single breakdown in the defense, then one of them hits a bomb".

I just scouted GS for you in 8 seconds

Lmao... Whats wrong with you. Lol

I just think people are sleeping on Livingston thats all.

Heediot
06-30-2017, 06:01 PM

That'd be sick if Minny signed Livingston and Iggy. Just find some 3 point shooters to fill out the roster.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 06:05 PM
Eh. GS, SA and HOU are all better still IMO. So you guys would be the 4 seed and I wouldn't be shocked if Utah (w/ Hayward obviously) or POR (w/ Nurkic) beat you guys.

without a bench it wouldn't matter anyways. Until the dust settles, I am not guessing where we land.

Not sure who on Houston is guarding the Wiggins/Butler duo, or Towns though..we would take turns bullying their wing defenders.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2017, 06:06 PM

his body can't hold up as starter though. Great bench piece, no doubt

Dade County
06-30-2017, 06:07 PM

I disagree...

Depending who Wolves get to play point, they will be better then Portland & Jazz, even if Hayward (he gone lol), comes back.

Minny is on the move. They should look into a stretch 4.

eDush
06-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Jazz getting desperate, tradinh for Rubio. Lol

That means George is out, can't afford him.

Hayward told Utah that he wanted to play alongside Hill. This can mean, Utah believes that Hayward is gone.Can't afford him?!? You mean they are cheap cause if they not resigning Hayward, they are loaded with cash and can sign Hill and he is more worthy then Rubio, one of the worst defenders and turnovers to assist PG for the past few seasons. I would want Hill to run my offense if I were them as he made them relevant :nod:

Heediot
06-30-2017, 06:12 PM
sign george hill, take a chance with bjelly as the starting stretch 4. trade dieng and some picks for depth. or keep dieng as the 6th man.

Dade County
06-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Can't afford him?!? :

Listening on the radio, Jazz didn't want to go deep into the tax. Small market team. Hill will cost too much.

You mean they are cheap cause if they not resigning Hayward, they are loaded with cash and can sign Hill and he is more worthy then Rubio, one of the worst defenders and turnovers to assist PG for the past few seasons. I would want Hill to run my offense if I were them as he made them relevant :nod:

You kind of lost me here. Sorry.

eDush
06-30-2017, 06:14 PM

I was just about to ask you this because Teague is solid in Pick and Roll which he can do with Towns

Lowry/Hill/Teague, which one do you want if you had your pick?
Teague/Hill/Lowry >>> Rubio all day long and was the reason Minny was held back :nod:

mngopher35
06-30-2017, 06:14 PM
that is because you think the league should just call in sick for 2-3 years haha

I don't think the entire league should but there are probably like 7 tops who shouldn't be moreso planning longer term than that frame. I think the team with one of the brightest futures in the nba should have probably not changed paths to compete more right now with GS (and likely still won't be the 2nd or even 3rd best team in the nba after their moves).

We will see, if we win a title I will be so happy lol. To me the longer term plan had a way higher chance of success than Butler/Lowry or Teague now with much less flexibility moving forward at a time when this GS team is in their prime.

eDush
06-30-2017, 06:16 PM
Can't afford him?!? :

Listening on the radio, Jazz didn't want to go deep into the tax. Small market team. Hill will cost too much.

You mean they are cheap cause if they not resigning Hayward, they are loaded with cash and can sign Hill and he is more worthy then Rubio, one of the worst defenders and turnovers to assist PG for the past few seasons. I would want Hill to run my offense if I were them as he made them relevant :nod:

You kind of lost me here. Sorry.If you had been following Utah, they wanted to give Hill a 3 year extension for 88 million but he wanted the max which he deserved imo. You just watch as he will get it somewhere else :nod:

aman_13
06-30-2017, 06:17 PM

Might be the better route. I'm just not a fan of Teague though. He's probably just as likely to perform poorly in the playoffs as Lowry.

FOXHOUND
06-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Can't afford him?!? You mean they are cheap cause if they not resigning Hayward, they are loaded with cash and can sign Hill and he is more worthy then Rubio, one of the worst defenders and turnovers to assist PG for the past few seasons. I would want Hill to run my offense if I were them as he made them relevant :nod:

Your sarcasm is either amazing or you haven't watched Rubio play a single game of basketball.

JAZZNC
06-30-2017, 06:19 PM
I'd have rather found a way to get Teague but I dunno how I feel about this trade. Have to wait and see I guess. I will admit its better than 20mill/yr for George "My Vagina Hurts" Hill. I had no real desire to sing him, don't think he'll be healthy enough to make that contract worth it.

SiteWolf
06-30-2017, 06:25 PM

who making 40 mil WOULD be??

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm not a fan of Teague. Something about his attitude just irks me the wrong way. His play usually doesn't back up his talk. PG to go for = George Hill. He fits right in with Minny's system, is a solid defender, can shoot the ball, and he's darn good off-ball. Definitely a better value player.

KB24PG16
06-30-2017, 06:33 PM
derrick rose time?

aman_13
06-30-2017, 06:46 PM
I'm not a fan of Teague. Something about his attitude just irks me the wrong way. His play usually doesn't back up his talk. PG to go for = George Hill. He fits right in with Minny's system, is a solid defender, can shoot the ball, and he's darn good off-ball. Definitely a better value player.

Yeah Hill is probably the best bet in terms of value. He's a low usage guard as well.

Ariza's Better
06-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Solid trade by both teams. Will be interesting what the Jazz do if Hayward doesn't return.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2017, 06:51 PM

Yeah and if they don't I give up.

Dade County
06-30-2017, 06:52 PM
If you had been following Utah, they wanted to give Hill a 3 year extension for 88 million but he wanted the max which he deserved imo. You just watch as he will get it somewhere else :nod:

Got you.

I wouldn't pay Hill that but whatever. Hayward gone.

Will be interesting what the Jazz do if Hayward doesn't return.

He gone.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2017, 06:59 PM
Wolves should make a serious run if they get Lowry.

Towns offensively is already Hakeem. Hopefully he can be half as good defensively this year. Exciting upcoming season. MN should be trying to win it all next year. That should be the mindset.

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2017, 06:59 PM

Lowry

Vee-Rex
06-30-2017, 07:06 PM

Towns offensively is already Hakeem. Hopefully he can be half as good defensively this year. Exciting upcoming season. MN should be trying to win it all next year. That should be the mindset.

Lowry isn't putting them over GS.

I'm glad Minnesota traded Rubio. I think the more talent that's on the roster, the more his scoring woes would be exploited and exposed. To get to that next level and with ball-dominant players like Butler, they want a PG that can play off-ball.

If they can get Lowry or Hill, WATCH OUT! What an exciting offseason for Wolves fans - can't wait to see that team play. :)

Oefarmy2005
06-30-2017, 07:07 PM
Good luck to Ricky! By far, the clear fan favorite in MN. I hope you he keeps building on the second half of last year and becomes a star player many have expected him to become. I have just added a 3rd team to my lift of teams I'm going to be paying attention to very closely next year.

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 07:10 PM
You need a PG who can shoot. Lowry needs the ball too much and I'm afraid he is a salary killer with all the money he will want. Hill is a better option. i'm not saying he is a better player but Minny won't have trouble scoring with Wiggins, Butler, and Towns. They got rid of Rubio because he can't play off-ball and shoot. George Hill can. He's efficient and doesn't do more than he should. Minny should get him. Lowry will disappear in the playoffs.. watch!

ewing
06-30-2017, 07:11 PM

^^^ doesn't know hoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 07:14 PM

Not even close... Towns is a damn good player but Hakeem would run circles around some of these players today..

NetsPaint
06-30-2017, 08:51 PM
What are the Timberwolves doing? They just traded away their starting PG that could have helped the chemistry move along a lot faster. Nice job, Minnesota.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2017, 10:04 PM
Not even close... Towns is a damn good player but Hakeem would run circles around some of these players today..

Go look at both there numbers than think again. Towns has the best touch around the basket I have ever seen. Offensively he is just as productive and efficient at Dream ever was. The huge diff is the defense.

Firefistus
07-01-2017, 03:53 AM
Can't afford him?!? You mean they are cheap cause if they not resigning Hayward, they are loaded with cash and can sign Hill and he is more worthy then Rubio, one of the worst defenders and turnovers to assist PG for the past few seasons. I would want Hill to run my offense if I were them as he made them relevant :nod:

I don't know what your smoking, but Rubio has always been top 10- in steals in the league, and he gets around screens very well.

I've always loved Rubio as he very much looks like Pistol Pete with the ball.

Oh, and he has a lower turnover ratio for his carrer per 48 than your beloved Curry. So if he is a turnover machine than what exactly is Curry?

But I digress, the Jazz offered Hill a 4 year 80 million dollar extension before the trade dealine and Hill denied it. Hill literally fired his agent hours before we traded for Rubio. So I'm suspecting it's not so much that Utah didn't want Hill, but rather Hill was having personal issues trying to make his deal with Utah. And Utah is the type of team that isn't going to fart around waiting on players, either your on or your off. And if you're off your out.

Someone close the Jazz organization mentioned to me that they were going to look to solidify the PG spot with a PG that Hayward would like to play with BEFORE the Free Agent market started. They are extremely happy with this move.

Aust
07-01-2017, 07:44 AM
I like this move for Utah. Rubio is a very talented player, younger than Hill and this helps them in retaining Hayward.

mrblisterdundee
07-01-2017, 08:17 PM

Very prescient or you. Patterson would be a nice cheaper fit at power forward.

Heediot
07-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Very prescient or you. Patterson would be a nice cheaper fit at power forward.

Yeah PP can be a solid player for them. He is a bit younger vs. Millsap. Adequate defender and good floor spacer. The only concern is if he can step up more in the playoffs, but that is a concern for all the Raps, aside from young Powell.

dhopisthename
07-02-2017, 12:27 PM
I don't know what your smoking, but Rubio has always been top 10- in steals in the league, and he gets around screens very well.

Oh, and he has a lower turnover ratio for his carrer per 48 than your beloved Curry. So if he is a turnover machine than what exactly is Curry?

But I digress, the Jazz offered Hill a 4 year 80 million dollar extension before the trade dealine and Hill denied it. Hill literally fired his agent hours before we traded for Rubio. So I'm suspecting it's not so much that Utah didn't want Hill, but rather Hill was having personal issues trying to make his deal with Utah. And Utah is the type of team that isn't going to fart around waiting on players, either your on or your off. And if you're off your out.

Someone close the Jazz organization mentioned to me that they were going to look to solidify the PG spot with a PG that Hayward would like to play with BEFORE the Free Agent market started. They are extremely happy with this move.

lol that guy criticized the two things that make Rubio great. Rubio was 2nd for starting pg's in ast/TO ratio and is well known as a great defender. if you want to criticize Rubio just look at his shooting and more importantly his inability to hit anything near the basket.

futureman
07-02-2017, 02:19 PM
If you think a guy (Hill) who sits out of the playoffs because of a bruised toe is worthmax money, you are being foolish.

DevilToe
07-02-2017, 03:59 PM
I'm so glad "I'm too tired to play" hill is off the team. Rubio and Gobert could be something special with his passing.

eDush
07-03-2017, 10:49 AM

lol that guy criticized the two things that make Rubio great. Rubio was 2nd for starting pg's in ast/TO ratio and is well known as a great defender. if you want to criticize Rubio just look at his shooting and more importantly his inability to hit anything near the basket.I got Rubio mixed up with Lavine, so I was wrong and appreciate you guys for correcting me or lecturing me. It's not like I follow that team closely so mixing up one players weakness with another on a team does happen. Maybe the Bulls have the two mixed up as well lol cause Minny struggles to win game when Lavine is running the point while Rubio has help them win despite his inability to score.

Anyways, i will admit when I'm wrong which is not the first and won't be the last unlike calling you liars or ignore replying cause you can't admit ur wrong which is probably a pride thing on here.
:shrug: