PDA

View Full Version : Does Houston potentially have the best backcourt in the league?

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 09:27 AM
Curry is the best player of the 4 but CP3 and Harden are both much better than Klay. The fit stuff is nonsense, if you know the game then you know they can play together as they can both play off the ball.

Do you think Houston has the best backcourt in the league now?

Hawkeye15
06-29-2017, 09:29 AM
They will production wise, yes. I think if you put Klay on a roster that needed him to be the/a top option, he would be a 25 ppg guy. Clearly, they are the top 2 backcourts, we will have to see how Paul handles not having the ball in his hands as much, and if Mike D decides to give plenty of rest to them throughout the regular season. Harden I am not worried about, he played with Westbrook, and has played off the ball plenty. Paul, we will see if he can handle being told to provide more spot up action than he ever has.

valade16
06-29-2017, 09:45 AM
If there's a question of whether a CP3/Harden backcourt is better than a Curry/Klay backcourt the Rockets will still get torched by the Warriors. They still have KD and Dray. Rockets need CP3/Harden to outplay Curry/Klay to have a chance.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 09:54 AM
They will production wise, yes. I think if you put Klay on a roster that needed him to be the/a top option, he would be a 25 ppg guy. Clearly, they are the top 2 backcourts, we will have to see how Paul handles not having the ball in his hands as much, and if Mike D decides to give plenty of rest to them throughout the regular season. Harden I am not worried about, he played with Westbrook, and has played off the ball plenty. Paul, we will see if he can handle being told to provide more spot up action than he ever has.

True but I'm not sure he'll have such a hard time off ball. Paul is a very smart player and actually said he wants to be off ball a little more. He also shoots 49% on catch and shoot 3s and that's an elite level.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 09:57 AM
If there's a question of whether a CP3/Harden backcourt is better than a Curry/Klay backcourt the Rockets will still get torched by the Warriors. They still have KD and Dray. Rockets need CP3/Harden to outplay Curry/Klay to have a chance.

That's true. Does George and Melo via buyout close that gap? Rockets slightly better backcourt while Warriors have a slightly better frontcourt. Capela is better than their centers so that helps close the frontcourt gap.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 10:07 AM
Catch and shoot 3%:

Paul:49%
Melo:43%
George:42%
Harden:38%

Morey is a smart man.

Jamiecballer
06-29-2017, 10:11 AM
Catch and shoot 3%:

Paul:49%
Melo:43%
George:42%
Harden:38%

Morey is a smart man.
That's quite interesting. You just chose those players because of speculation, I assume that's not a leader board right

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Scoots
06-29-2017, 10:14 AM
I think Curry/Klay is better but the margin is very small.

Offensive rank:
Curry
Harden
CP3
Klay

Defensive rank:
Klay
CP3
Curry
Harden

JLynn943
06-29-2017, 10:17 AM
I think it's probably the best, but Golden State has a far, far superior front court, so like someone else said, CP3 and Harden are going to have to majorly outplay them. CP3 being who he is will get a lot out of a lesser supporting cast, too, so it could end up close overall. Just have to see how free agency plays out to get a better idea.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 10:23 AM
That's quite interesting. You just chose those players because of speculation, I assume that's not a leader board right

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Yea not a leader board just based on other players they're linked to via trade or buyout. All near the top of the league though, especially when you consider the guys ahead of them that only play garbage minutes.

pebloemer
06-29-2017, 10:24 AM
I think Curry/Klay is better but the margin is very small.

Offensive rank:
Curry
Harden
CP3
Klay

Defensive rank:
Klay
CP3
Curry
Harden

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Can't overlook the defense that Klay provides.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Yea the frontcourts are no debate right now. It really just depends on what else Houston is able to do. Apparently they still have some big plans.

IndyRealist
06-29-2017, 10:27 AM
PSD is so bipolar.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 10:31 AM
PSD is so bipolar.

Why? It's a legit debate.

1. Curry
2. Harden
3. CP3
4. Klay

Hopper15
06-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Houston has the most talented backcourt. But the Warriors backcourt complements each other better.

rhino17
06-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Clay/Steph are better shooters

James/CP3 are better passers/playmakers

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 10:41 AM
Houston has the most talented backcourt. But the Warriors backcourt complements each other better.

The 2nd part is the thing that's still up in the air. I don't think they'll have a problem playing together but how much do their numbers come down due to them having the ball less and playing with more talent.

CP3 was a better catch and shoot shooter from 3 last year than both Steph and Klay and that fits perfect next to Harden who is a better playmaker than Steph and Klay. Then you have to factor in CP3 and Harden being the best playmakers of the bunch and being able to create for each other while Steph has to create for Klay and Klay doesn't make plays for Steph.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-29-2017, 10:42 AM
Doesn't matter that their backcourt is slightly better that GSW when GSW has Durant/Green in the frontcourt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 10:49 AM
The front court has nothing to do with the question lol

Jamiecballer
06-29-2017, 11:00 AM
i give the edge to Golden State, by how much depends on how well Paul and Harden play together.

Vee-Rex
06-29-2017, 11:04 AM
From an individual talent perspective, I'd give it to Harden and CP3.

But Curry and Klay just work so well together. We'll have to see how CP3 and Harden work together (and I believe they'll eventually be reeeeeally good).

Hawkeye15
06-29-2017, 11:26 AM
PSD is so bipolar.

haha, true story

BKLYNpigeon
06-29-2017, 11:46 AM
You guys are delusional.

Talking about the 2x champs. 2x MVP in Steph curry. And two of the greatest shooters all time.

Harden and cp3 have yet to make it to the finals or play a single game together and you're making comparisons?

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 11:52 AM
You guys are delusional.

Talking about the 2x champs. 2x MVP in Steph curry. And two of the greatest shooters all time.

Harden and cp3 have yet to make it to the finals or play a single game together and you're making comparisons?

Yea that's part of what the forum is for. Talent wise Houston has them beat collectively, now it's just a matter of what they do out there.

WestCoastSportz
06-29-2017, 12:24 PM

I would disagree with you on Klay. If he was the best player on a team, that team probably wouldn't be very good. Klay can't create his own shots, which is a necessity in being a #1 option on a team. He averaged 22 points a game by just being a catch and shoot guy. He scored 60 points in 3 quarters while only taking 12 dribbles. He's an average ball handler for a guard. He's not a good passer nor is he a good rebounder. He's not a good athlete. When he drives into traffic and tries to finish, he usually gets his shot blocked. And all this is coming from a Warriors' fan. What Klay is, is a good perimeter defender and catch and shoot guy. He's not a guy you'd give the ball to against a team's best defender and expect him to crossover a guy, take a jab step and step back shot. Thats not his game. He's a camp behind the 3 point line player. He's also a streak shooter. He'll have games where he's 5 for 7 from beyond the arc, then have a stretch of 2 for 10 or 1 for 8 games.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2017, 12:33 PM
I would disagree with you on Klay. If he was the best player on a team, that team probably wouldn't be very good. Klay can't create his own shots, which is a necessity in being a #1 option on a team. He averaged 22 points a game by just being a catch and shoot guy. He scored 60 points in 3 quarters while only taking 12 dribbles. He's an average ball handler for a guard. He's not a good passer nor is he a good rebounder. He's not a good athlete. When he drives into traffic and tries to finish, he usually gets his shot blocked. And all this is coming from a Warriors' fan. What Klay is, is a good perimeter defender and catch and shoot guy. He's not a guy you'd give the ball to against a team's best defender and expect him to crossover a guy, take a jab step and step back shot. Thats not his game. He's a camp behind the 3 point line player. He's also a streak shooter. He'll have games where he's 5 for 7 from beyond the arc, then have a stretch of 2 for 10 or 1 for 8 games.

I didn't say a Klay as the top option team WOULD be good, I simply mean, for production purposes, he would spit out big numbers too. Ala, Kevin Love as a SG.

I think Paul/Harden will put out better numbers, but I am not sure they are better as a pair. Meaning, I think the Rox backcourt will produce more, but I am not sure I would take them over Klay/Curry.

ewing
06-29-2017, 01:21 PM
They have best backcourt in the league

WestCoastSportz
06-29-2017, 01:24 PM
I didn't say a Klay as the top option team WOULD be good, I simply mean, for production purposes, he would spit out big numbers too. Ala, Kevin Love as a SG.

I think Paul/Harden will put out better numbers, but I am not sure they are better as a pair. Meaning, I think the Rox backcourt will produce more, but I am not sure I would take them over Klay/Curry.

I guess my disagreement is to the point where Klay would be put up good numbers and I don't think that would be the case. He's fortunate to play with a guy like Steph Curry who keeps defenders honest and guys like Green who can pass the ball. Having the inability to create his own shot, I think Klay would probably average around 15 points per game.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2017, 01:58 PM
I guess my disagreement is to the point where Klay would be put up good numbers and I don't think that would be the case. He's fortunate to play with a guy like Steph Curry who keeps defenders honest and guys like Green who can pass the ball. Having the inability to create his own shot, I think Klay would probably average around 15 points per game.

well, we are both speculating honestly. If forced to create his own shots, I think he would. But, we don't know that.

Scoots
06-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Klay's game has really expanded, and he does more on offense than people credit him for these days. Last year in the playoffs Curry was out and Klay went off. He's never going to the creator the other 3 are though.

Clearly Curry and Klay have not built their games to play the CP3/Harden game of creating for the team. Curry can, but it's not his biggest strength.

nastynice
06-29-2017, 02:13 PM
I think Warriors got the best back court. Wizards are good too. Houston is up there, elite scorer plus two elite playmakers. I'd take elite scorer, 2 elite shooters, borderline elite playmaker and borderline elite defender over that tho

hugepatsfan
06-29-2017, 02:27 PM
GTFO that WAS has a better backcourt. CP3/Harden are both better than either Wall or Beal.

I think it's close with GS. If you're ranking the guys Curry is clearly #1 and Klay is clearly #4. GS has the top and bottom while HOU has the two in the middle. Generally the league is about having the top guy so I'd take Curry/Klay. But you could go for the more "balanced" backcourt in CP3/Harden. With Klay being a pretty elite player himslef though I think that the "balance" is pretty insignificant.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Yea that's part of what the forum is for. Talent wise Houston has them beat collectively, now it's just a matter of what they do out there.

I don't agree that Houston is better talent wise.

First of all, Curry > CP3 and it's really not even that close. CP3 can still play, but he is getting older. Curry is a top 4 player in the NBA at the bare minimum. Guys like Westbrook and Harden put up huge volume stats, but Curry is the superior player.

As for Klay vs Harden, I think this is a lot closer than people make it out to be. Klay has to be the most underrated defender in the NBA. He might be the best defensive 2 gaurd in the league over the last couple of seasons, but he just doesn't get the recognition. I think he should have been arguably 1st team all defense and a defensive player of the year candidate. He just doesn't get his fair due. Then you add his offense and he can make a huge impace without even dribbling the ball. He fits next to any player on any team. We'll see how good and effecient Harden is when he has to play nice with other star players. It hasn't always worked out for him. Plus his defense doesn't touch Klay. Harden will always put up the more impressive stats, but if I want to win, I think I might lean toward Klay. It's much, much closer than the consensus makes it out to be IMO.

I like the GS duo better and it's not just because of the success we've already seen them have together.

IndyRealist
06-29-2017, 02:39 PM

Klay can't get his own shot? That's news to me. When he single handedly destroyed the Pacers, he looked like he was getting his own.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 02:49 PM
I don't agree that Houston is better talent wise.

First of all, Curry > CP3 and it's really not even that close. CP3 can still play, but he is getting older. Curry is a top 4 player in the NBA at the bare minimum. Guys like Westbrook and Harden put up huge volume stats, but Curry is the superior player.

As for Klay vs Harden, I think this is a lot closer than people make it out to be. Klay has to be the most underrated defender in the NBA. He might be the best defensive 2 gaurd in the league over the last couple of seasons, but he just doesn't get the recognition. I think he should have been arguably 1st team all defense and a defensive player of the year candidate. He just doesn't get his fair due. Then you add his offense and he can make a huge impace without even dribbling the ball. He fits next to any player on any team. We'll see how good and effecient Harden is when he has to play nice with other star players. It hasn't always worked out for him. Plus his defense doesn't touch Klay. Harden will always put up the more impressive stats, but if I want to win, I think I might lean toward Klay. It's much, much closer than the consensus makes it out to be IMO.

I like the GS duo better and it's not just because of the success we've already seen them have together.

Harden and Paul are both far better than Klay. It's not close.

MygirlhatesCod
06-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Harden and Paul are both far better than Klay. It's not close.

besides passing how is paul better than klay?

MygirlhatesCod
06-29-2017, 03:16 PM
I dig the upgrade but I don't see Houston getting past the wolves. so maybe discuss that comparison first before debating this. maybe if CP3 was in his prime it would be a legit convo.

FOXHOUND
06-29-2017, 03:16 PM
besides passing how is paul better than klay?

Besides passing for a PG who averages 9 assists per game. :o

FOXHOUND
06-29-2017, 03:18 PM
They are a far more talented duo than Golden State's, but they have yet to play a game together so we have to see how they fit. Curry and Klay are absolutely perfect fits for each other on both ends and that helps them maximize their abilities.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2017, 03:21 PM
They are a far more talented duo than Golden State's, but they have yet to play a game together so we have to see how they fit. Curry and Klay are absolutely perfect fits for each other on both ends and that helps them maximize their abilities.

I don't know that I'd say they are a perfect fit on the defensive end. Klay is elite and Curry just good enough to be hidden if surrounded by great defenders. That's not a perfect fit on that end. It's not like one is great on-ball and the other off-ball. Klay just hides him.

MygirlhatesCod
06-29-2017, 03:21 PM

I will say without a doubt they are the best flopping duo ever.

FOXHOUND
06-29-2017, 03:34 PM
I don't know that I'd say they are a perfect fit on the defensive end. Klay is elite and Curry just good enough to be hidden if surrounded by great defenders. That's not a perfect fit on that end. It's not like one is great on-ball and the other off-ball. Klay just hides him.

That's true but you can say the same for Curry helping Klay not have to really handle the ball and pass much as that isn't his strength. They both cover for each other while not having to sacrifice a strength, so that helps keeps them at their best.

For this Houston duo, I'm most curios to see how Paul does off the ball. Neither of them are going to be a Klay Thompson off the ball, so that's part of the point I was making. If Paul and Harden have to get a little worse than they normally are to fit then it's possible that they aren't a better duo despite being far more talented.

This is a fun duo though, I'm excited to see it. Got the big duo in New Orleans and the guard duo in Houston haha.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 03:39 PM

Well the list is pretty long:

Playmaking
Handle
Rebounding
Attacking the basket
Mid range game
Scoring
Impact by a wide margin (the last time I looked Paul was near the top of the league)
Defense is probably pretty close
Hell their shooting is a lot closer than I though it would be and Paul's the better catch and shoot player percentage wise

So to answer your question, damn near everything which is why he's a top 10 player and Klay is borderline top 20

WestCoastSportz
06-29-2017, 03:40 PM
Klay can't get his own shot? That's news to me. When he single handedly destroyed the Pacers, he looked like he was getting his own.

I assume you're talking about the game in which Thompson scored 60 points? When you score that many points but only have to dribble the ball 12 times, thats not getting your own shot. Thats shots created for him. He made 3 or 4 buckets on his own, but the majority of his 60 points came by someone's assist. His final line was 60 points, 2 rebounds and 1 assist. That was his best game of his career by far. Harden had a game where he had 53 points, 16 rebounds and 17 assists. The fact is, Klay did little of anything else but catch and shoot the ball on offense.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 03:42 PM

He's a do everything PG

WestCoastSportz
06-29-2017, 03:47 PM
I think this debate has turn into people overlooking how great of a job Steve Kerr is doing with that team. Are they the most talented roster in the league. It can be debated, but I'm not sure they are. Draymond Green is no superstar, but he knows his role and does it at 100%. Irving, James and Love are a pretty talented trio with one of them being the best player in the league and of this generation, yet it wasn't even a close series as the Warriors embarrassed them. The problem with Cleveland is that they don't have a coach. Lue has the title, but I don't think he really knows what he's doing. The only reason James hasn't tried to get him fired yet is because James is the real coach of this team and he failed to adjust to anything the Warriors did. They were out-coached just as much as they were outplayed.

FOXHOUND
06-29-2017, 03:48 PM

Playmaking
Handle
Rebounding
Attacking the basket
Mid range game
Scoring
Impact by a wide margin (the last time I looked Paul was near the top of the league)
Hell their shooting is a lot closer than I though it would be and Paul's the better catch and shoot player percentage wise

So to answer your question, damn near everything which is why he's a top 10 player and Klay is borderline top 20

Hm? I was responding to him saying besides passing about a PG who is one of the best passers in the league. :confused:

It would be like saying; besides shooting, how is Klay better than [blank]?

FOXHOUND
06-29-2017, 03:49 PM
I will say without a doubt they are the best flopping duo ever.

This might be true. :laugh2:

nastynice
06-29-2017, 03:57 PM

Playmaking
Handle
Rebounding
Attacking the basket
Mid range game
Scoring

I would give Klay mid range game, scoring (obviously, lol), and defense. I'm sure 90% of people give Klay those

Rebound and attacking id say a wash

He's def the better creator and better handles, no argument there.

Scoots
06-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Just because it came to mind reading this thread:

Remember when Klay was asked what was going to change in his game with KD coming and he said "I ain't changing s---!"?

PER 36 numbers:
2016 18.7 FGA, 8.8 FG, 3FGA 8.8, 2FGA 9.9, FTA, 3.0, AST 2.2
2017 18.7 FGA, 8.8 FG, 3FGA 8.8, 2FGA 9.9, FTA, 3.0, AST 2.2
(just copied the 2016 line down for 2017)

I guess Klay was right.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-29-2017, 04:10 PM
He's a do everything PG

CP3 does more things, but Klay does the right things to help a team win. He doesn't need to be as versatile or ball dominant to make a profound impact on the game. He has the length that CP3 just doesn't have. He can guard quicker point guards and bigger guards. Plus CP3 is getting older and less durable while Klay is in his prime.

Right now, I'll take Klay. He's younger, bigger, and he fits in perfectly next to any players in today's NBA. Sometimes less is more. Klay doesn't need to do as many things to make his impact. I think Klay is a top 10 player in the league. The stats may not support it, but I believe the impact he creates does. His offense is overshadowed by Curry and Durant. His defense is overshadowed by Green. But... Klay is basically Ray Allen with more length and elite perimeter defense. There is not a single team he would not be a prefect fit for. I can't say the same for CP3.

Klay is criminally underrated and overshadowed on his own team. Not his fault he plays with Durant and Curry.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 04:15 PM
Hm? I was responding to him saying besides passing about a PG who is one of the best passers in the league. :confused:

It would be like saying; besides shooting, how is Klay better than [blank]?

Lol my bad I wasn't meaning to quote you I meant to quote him.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 04:16 PM
I think this debate has turn into people overlooking how great of a job Steve Kerr is doing with that team. Are they the most talented roster in the league. It can be debated, but I'm not sure they are. Draymond Green is no superstar, but he knows his role and does it at 100%. Irving, James and Love are a pretty talented trio with one of them being the best player in the league and of this generation, yet it wasn't even a close series as the Warriors embarrassed them. The problem with Cleveland is that they don't have a coach. Lue has the title, but I don't think he really knows what he's doing. The only reason James hasn't tried to get him fired yet is because James is the real coach of this team and he failed to adjust to anything the Warriors did. They were out-coached just as much as they were outplayed.

The Warriors are for sure the most talented team in the league.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 04:20 PM
I would give Klay mid range game, scoring (obviously, lol), and defense. I'm sure 90% of people give Klay those

Rebound and attacking id say a wash

He's def the better creator and better handles, no argument there.

Paul arguably has the best midrange game in the league so that's definitely Paul. Paul first team all defense again and how is Klay a better scorer?

Rebounding and attacking definitely aren't a wash.

IndyRealist
06-29-2017, 04:21 PM
I assume you're talking about the game in which Thompson scored 60 points? When you score that many points but only have to dribble the ball 12 times, thats not getting your own shot. Thats shots created for him. He made 3 or 4 buckets on his own, but the majority of his 60 points came by someone's assist. His final line was 60 points, 2 rebounds and 1 assist. That was his best game of his career by far. Harden had a game where he had 53 points, 16 rebounds and 17 assists. The fact is, Klay did little of anything else but catch and shoot the ball on offense.

I recall a lot of iso and drives, but human memory is fallible. I don't recall him being set up much, other than getting him the ball to ride the hot hand. And what does assists and rebounds have to do with getting his own shot?

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 04:24 PM
CP3 does more things, but Klay does the right things to help a team win. He doesn't need to be as versatile or ball dominant to make a profound impact on the game. He has the length that CP3 just doesn't have. He can guard quicker point guards and bigger guards. Plus CP3 is getting older and less durable while Klay is in his prime.

Right now, I'll take Klay. He's younger, bigger, and he fits in perfectly next to any players in today's NBA. Sometimes less is more. Klay doesn't need to do as many things to make his impact. I think Klay is a top 10 player in the league. The stats may not support it, but I believe the impact he creates does. His offense is overshadowed by Curry and Durant. His defense is overshadowed by Green. But... Klay is basically Ray Allen with more length and elite perimeter defense. There is not a single team he would not be a prefect fit for. I can't say the same for CP3.

Klay is criminally underrated and overshadowed on his own team. Not his fault he plays with Durant and Curry.

You say he does more things to help his team win but the numbers disagree with you by a pretty wide margin.

The fact that we live in a world where someone thinks that Klay is currently better than Paul bothers me a bit. At least tell me you're a Warriors fan lol.

Scoots
06-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Klay is definitely better at winning 2nd round playoff matchups :)

CP3 is great, but his defense has been over-rated for years now.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the Rockets are like next year. Was listening to Houston radio and heard someone say that if they got Paul George the Rockets would still be worse than the Warriors. That's nuts.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2017, 04:42 PM

uh, what? They are exponentially the most talented team in the NBA. 3 all NBA guys, and another all star, all smack in their peaks. And a bench guy who is 2 years removed from Finals MVP.

They might be the most talented team ever in terms of number of elite players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-29-2017, 05:08 PM
That's true. Does George and Melo via buyout close that gap? Rockets slightly better backcourt while Warriors have a slightly better frontcourt. Capela is better than their centers so that helps close the frontcourt gap.
I read on twitter Knicks don't plan on a Melo buyout. Has to be trade.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Klay is definitely better at winning 2nd round playoff matchups :)

CP3 is great, but his defense has been over-rated for years now.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the Rockets are like next year. Was listening to Houston radio and heard someone say that if they got Paul George the Rockets would still be worse than the Warriors. That's nuts.

You think they're better if they get PG? I still say Warriors.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 06:06 PM
I read on twitter Knicks don't plan on a Melo buyout. Has to be trade.

Yea saw that too. Can always change though.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 06:42 PM
I knew CP3 was a pretty good shooter but after looking at his numbers he looks like an elite shooter, one of the best in the league. He shot about 41% or so on 3s with 5 attempts, shot 49% on catch and shoot 3s and the number of those he takes will without a doubt go up this year.

I'm excited to see it and see if he can keep it up this year. This may actually be the perfect system for him to play in so I'm sure we'll be wondering "what could've been" had he been playing in this system the whole time. I want to see him get his attempts up to 8 a game.

Heediot
06-29-2017, 07:08 PM

I don't think Klay has the iso skills or handles to be a 25 ppg as your top option. Harden blew up after okc because he had more variety and a bigger arsenal. Klay is better as a complementary scorer. I haven't seeen a wing averaging 25 ppg/1st option without either iso skills and or weak ball handling.

Heediot
06-29-2017, 07:11 PM

$$$.

Heediot
06-29-2017, 07:13 PM

the thing about love is, he is a solid iso guy who can create mismatches with his post skills. he knows how to set up his defender a lot better than klay.

Heediot
06-29-2017, 07:16 PM

Terrence Ross dropped 50 and he looked like Jordan that one day vs. the Clippers too.

ewing
06-29-2017, 07:26 PM
I knew CP3 was a pretty good shooter but after looking at his numbers he looks like an elite shooter, one of the best in the league. He shot about 41% or so on 3s with 5 attempts, shot 49% on catch and shoot 3s and the number of those he takes will without a doubt go up this year.

I'm excited to see it and see if he can keep it up this year. This may actually be the perfect system for him to play in so I'm sure we'll be wondering "what could've been" had he been playing in this system the whole time. I want to see him get his attempts up to 8 a game.

That's what I'm saying, if I have a criticism of Paul's game it's that he plays too much like and old school set the table point guard. Mike D will have him pulling the trigger and my guess is we will see a more potent scorer

ewing
06-29-2017, 07:27 PM
You guys just want to be smarter then what is in front of your face. This is the best backcourt in the league.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 07:29 PM
That's what I'm saying, if I have a criticism of Paul's game it's that he plays too much like and old school set the table point guard. Mike D will have him pulling the trigger and my guess is we will see a more potent scorer

Would be awesome to see him get back to his NO days eliteness. I think we're going to see a completely different player next year than last and like I said I hope he's shooting 8 3s a game.

Heediot
06-29-2017, 07:34 PM
If it was Paul-Harden-KD and Dray or Steph-Klay-KD and Dray, I'd take Cp and Harden.

Heediot
06-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Would be awesome to see him get back to his NO days eliteness. I think we're going to see a completely different player next year than last and like I said I hope he's shooting 8 3s a game.

I don't think that happens because of is knees. Paul before his knee injury was on his way to challenging for mvps every year.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 07:49 PM
I don't think that happens because of is knees. Paul before his knee injury was on his way to challenging for mvps every year.

I think the biggest thing is his reluctance to go out there and try to get buckets. His assists will come especially when he's attacking, I think he tries too hard to set teammates up and get them going. Hopefully in this fast pace let it fly style we see and new style of Chris Paul.

LA_Raiders
06-29-2017, 08:47 PM
It looks like it, even though Harden does not play D. They do have a sorry *** front court to compensate...

Scoots
06-29-2017, 08:50 PM
You think they're better if they get PG? I still say Warriors.

It depends on what it costs to get PG and how the roster is filled out. CP3, Harden, PG, Gordon, Anderson, Capela, and Ariza on the roster ... the Warriors have Klay, Draymond, McCaw and F-all ... I assume KD and Curry come back, but we really don't know anything beyond that. And Texas has no state income tax which will help them get guys who are already sacrificing a lot of money to win.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 09:21 PM
It depends on what it costs to get PG and how the roster is filled out. CP3, Harden, PG, Gordon, Anderson, Capela, and Ariza on the roster ... the Warriors have Klay, Draymond, McCaw and F-all ... I assume KD and Curry come back, but we really don't know anything beyond that. And Texas has no state income tax which will help them get guys who are already sacrificing a lot of money to win.

I say without a doubt you have Curry Klay Durant and Green. Losing Iggy and Livingston are possibilities and would be a big blow but you all will for sure replace them with vets wanting to win a ring for cheap.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 09:22 PM
One or both of Anderson and Gordon will be gone if they get PG too.

Chronz
06-29-2017, 10:30 PM

He's gotten slower at getting his shots up but one thing Blake has done for him that Harden will appreciate is that hes focused alot over the years on his spot up shooting from the wing. Hes going to hit alot of F U 3's to beat the shot clock I'll tell you that much.

Sadly, I dont see how this works out well enough to make sense of his decision. Hopefully he bounces to whatever team can create the banana boat crew and we see him on a truly weird team that doesn't use him properly.

nastynice
06-29-2017, 10:37 PM
Paul arguably has the best midrange game in the league so that's definitely Paul. Paul first team all defense again and how is Klay a better scorer?

Rebounding and attacking definitely aren't a wash.

Ok, Paul a better attacker, my bad

Klays a better scorer cuz he's better at scoring the ball, haha, I don't know, how isn't he? When his shot is on, it's a wrap, he start driving and whole game take off. Can definitely take games over

Raps18-19 Champ
06-29-2017, 10:43 PM
Talent wise, yes. Production wise, I don't think so.

Chronz
06-29-2017, 10:44 PM
Ok, Paul a better attacker, my bad

Klays a better scorer cuz he's better at scoring the ball, haha, I don't know, how isn't he? When his shot is on, it's a wrap, he start driving and whole game take off. Can definitely take games over

His game is so one dimensional that he has a track record of going ghost for long stretches. Maybe its a result of inconsistent touches on such a stacked squad but I'm willing to bet he wouldn't be such a great #1 the way both CP3/Harden have been.

WaDe03
06-29-2017, 11:48 PM
His game is so one dimensional that he has a track record of going ghost for long stretches. Maybe its a result of inconsistent touches on such a stacked squad but I'm willing to bet he wouldn't be such a great #1 the way both CP3/Harden have been.

I guarantee he would'nt.

Also as for scoring, Klay scores 4 more point on 5 more shots so that's not that impressive. At worst it's a wash but it leans towards Paul as he scores in so many more ways and has many more moves.

BKLYNpigeon
06-30-2017, 12:02 AM
Houston has 2 of the biggest Chokers in NBA playoffs.

Did we all forget Hardens Game 7 vs Spurs this year or CP3s playoff career?

TrueFan420
06-30-2017, 12:15 AM
On pure talent I'd say Houston has the edge on paper. But I think the best backcourt played out on the court will remain to be Curry and Klay. Can't wait to see them play together tho... this is gonna be a very interesting season

nastynice
06-30-2017, 05:06 AM

He doesn't seem like a catch and shoot type a player, but with harden breaking down the defense he could get a lot more of those looks

I'm unsure what to think, I don't know how they'll play together. They'll play good, obviously, but I don't know if they'll complement one another necessarily

nastynice
06-30-2017, 05:11 AM

Na, hes not one dimensional, his defense is really good, flat out filthy at times. He doesn't really go ghost, he's one of those guys that'll get 16-18 pts while being "ghost". but yea, his streaks come and go.

nastynice
06-30-2017, 05:11 AM
On pure talent I'd say Houston has the edge on paper. But I think the best backcourt played out on the court will remain to be Curry and Klay. Can't wait to see them play together tho... this is gonna be a very interesting season

this

mrblisterdundee
06-30-2017, 01:17 PM

Exactly. Houston has two point guards. The Warriors have an all-world point guard and one of the league's best 3-and-D specialists. Klay is going to absolutely torch Harden whenever they play.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-30-2017, 02:28 PM

Harden never goes ghost in the playoffs... oh wait

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-30-2017, 02:35 PM
You say he does more things to help his team win but the numbers disagree with you by a pretty wide margin.

The fact that we live in a world where someone thinks that Klay is currently better than Paul bothers me a bit. At least tell me you're a Warriors fan lol.

Nope, not a Warriors fan lol. CP3 has had a great career and he still has a few great years left, but I can't ignore that he's on the wrong side of 30 and his durability is far more of a question mark than Klay's going forward. I just think Klay is one of the most underrated players in the league and is overshadowed by his teammates.

What would Harden be doing on a team that stacked? Probably coming of the bench averaging 20 a night with crap defense. For Klay, people just assume he would struggle being the #1 scorer on a team. I don't agree with that. I've seen him put up some huge numbers before Durant was there and when Curry was hurt at times. A team wins 67 and then 73 games plus a title with Klay as the #2 scorer and at times had to step up and be the #1 scorer. And when Durant got hurt this year, there was barely a drop off for GSW. That all means something to me. It means Klay can step up and handle the responsibility. We'll never know how great offensively he can be until he leaves GSW. But his shooting is superb and his perimeter defense is elite. We at least know that much. And we know he still puts up pretty big numbers on an absolutely stacked squad.

I just like Klay. I secretly want him to join Kawhi in San Antonio when he becomes a FA. He'd be perfect there and I think they could possibly take down the Warriors/bring back competitive balance to the league.

Chronz
06-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Harden never goes ghost in the playoffs... oh wait

True but compared to no show Klay? Cmon now

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-30-2017, 02:54 PM
True but compared to no show Klay? Cmon now

At least he is always a presence on defense though. He plays on a stacked team where he is not the #1 option so he is more likely to disappear at times.

If he was the #1 option on his team, I think he averages 26+ PPG. Combine that with great defense and it changes your outlook on him.

Look at Harden and how much better his numbers got when he escaped from the shadow of Durant and Westbrook. Hell, look at how much better Westbrook's numbers got with Durant gone. There are so many examples of this. Bosh in Toronto vs Miami. Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett in Boston vs Seattle and Minnesota. Hell, Curry without and then with Durant. Scottie Pippen when Jordan retired the first time.

I think it's silly to say Klay's individual numbers wouldn't improve. When you play on a stacked team with other great super stars, everyone has to sacrifice a little bit. Klay has been sacrificing his entire career. I love his game and his skill set... and I don't think the numbers justify how good he is on both ends of the floor. There is a reason Golden State was able to win 73 games BEFORE Durant showed no balls and signed with them. One of the biggest reasons... Klay Thompson is super underrated.

WaDe03
06-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Nope, not a Warriors fan lol. CP3 has had a great career and he still has a few great years left, but I can't ignore that he's on the wrong side of 30 and his durability is far more of a question mark than Klay's going forward. I just think Klay is one of the most underrated players in the league and is overshadowed by his teammates.

What would Harden be doing on a team that stacked? Probably coming of the bench averaging 20 a night with crap defense. For Klay, people just assume he would struggle being the #1 scorer on a team. I don't agree with that. I've seen him put up some huge numbers before Durant was there and when Curry was hurt at times. A team wins 67 and then 73 games plus a title with Klay as the #2 scorer and at times had to step up and be the #1 scorer. And when Durant got hurt this year, there was barely a drop off for GSW. That all means something to me. It means Klay can step up and handle the responsibility. We'll never know how great offensively he can be until he leaves GSW. But his shooting is superb and his perimeter defense is elite. We at least know that much. And we know he still puts up pretty big numbers on an absolutely stacked squad.

I just like Klay. I secretly want him to join Kawhi in San Antonio when he becomes a FA. He'd be perfect there and I think they could possibly take down the Warriors/bring back competitive balance to the league.

So you think Klay is better than Harden as well?

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 06:29 PM
Cp3's skillset is a well aged game. I don't know why you guys act like his game is physically intensive. CP3 isn't really a great athlete like RWB or Rose during his prime. He's just a damn smart and tough player. His game will age really well.

nastynice
07-01-2017, 01:40 AM
At least he is always a presence on defense though. He plays on a stacked team where he is not the #1 option so he is more likely to disappear at times.

If he was the #1 option on his team, I think he averages 26+ PPG. Combine that with great defense and it changes your outlook on him.

Look at Harden and how much better his numbers got when he escaped from the shadow of Durant and Westbrook. Hell, look at how much better Westbrook's numbers got with Durant gone. There are so many examples of this. Bosh in Toronto vs Miami. Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett in Boston vs Seattle and Minnesota. Hell, Curry without and then with Durant. Scottie Pippen when Jordan retired the first time.

I think it's silly to say Klay's individual numbers wouldn't improve. When you play on a stacked team with other great super stars, everyone has to sacrifice a little bit. Klay has been sacrificing his entire career. I love his game and his skill set... and I don't think the numbers justify how good he is on both ends of the floor. There is a reason Golden State was able to win 73 games BEFORE Durant showed no balls and signed with them. One of the biggest reasons... Klay Thompson is super underrated.

Oh, he got balls all right. They banging against the rest of the leagues chin! lmao!!

lol, please
07-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Why? It's a legit debate.

1. Curry
2. Harden
3. CP3
4. Klay

:laugh2: based on what?

i give the edge to Golden State, by how much depends on how well Paul and Harden play together.

Agreed.

lol, please
07-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Exactly. Houston has two point guards. The Warriors have an all-world point guard and one of the league's best 3-and-D specialists. Klay is going to absolutely torch Harden whenever they play.

:clap:

Well said. Great post.

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 12:44 PM
:laugh2: based on what?

Agreed.

Based on common sense. Who's Klay better than out of those other 3?

lol, please
07-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Based on common sense. Who's Klay better than out of those other 3?

Harden. You will point to the numbers and I will argue that Harden is the #1 option on a thinner team talent-wise and then argue that elite offense/elite defense outweighs simply elite offense.

Paul is better as a PG/floor general, which hasn't been Klay's role. Straight up? One on one, I see Klay shutting down Paul, not so much the other way around. Offensively, you could argue Paul is more versatile, but Klay is the better all around shooter.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Klay is not better than Harden.

rhino17
07-03-2017, 04:52 PM
LOL, Klay is nowhere close to as good as Harden