PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Auction 2nd Round (Baltimore Bullets vs. Team RR)

valade16
06-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Every year Posters from PSD come together and do a secret auction of all players throughout NBA history attempting to make the best team and win the PSD All-Time Auction Championship! The teams have been seeded and are now in the playoffs. Please look over the teams and vote based on which team you think would win in a 7 game playoff series.

Baltimore Bullets have the higher seed and will have home court advantage in the series.

Baltimore Bullets:

PG: Mark Price - Mookie Blaylock
SG: Klay Thompson - Steve Kerr
SF: LeBron James - Gerald Wallace
PF: Rasheed Wallace - Paul Milsap
C: Nate Thurmond - Tree Rollins

vs.

Team RR:

PG: Mike Conley [25 min.] | Micheal Ray Richardson [20 min.] | Hersey Hawkins [3 min.]
SG: Michael Jordan [38 min.] | Hersey Hawkins [7 min.] | Raja Bell [3 min.]
SF: Kawhi Leonard [38 min.] | Toni Kukoc [8 min.] | Michael Jordan [2 min.]
PF: Dan Roundfield [ 28 min.] | Wes Unseld [12 min.] | Toni Kukoc [8 min.]
C: Wes Unseld [24 min.] | Tyson Chandler [24 min.]

GREATNESS ONE
06-28-2017, 05:50 PM
RedRum

KnicksorBust
06-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Tough call. Positions are about equal except for Rr's huge advantage at PF.

Redrum187
06-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Defensive Strategy:

Ideally, you want 3 guys in the history of the NBA to guard LeBron James: Scottie Pippen, Kawhi Leonard, and Michael Jordan. I have 2 of them. Kawhi will be the primary defender on LeBron, and Jordan will take the backup duties on him. We know MJ raised his level of play whenever people hyped up another player. LeBron will have an elite defender on him every second of every minute he's on the floor. He doesn’t have D. Wade to bail him out of this one.

Baltimore has an incredibly weak #2 scoring option in Klay Thompson. He wasn’t even enough to get the stacked GSW over Cleveland in the 2016 NBA Finals, how less reliable is he in an all time game? Having said that, Jordan gets to chill on the perimeter guarding their number 2 scoring. Things won’t look so good with 2 of the best wing defenders in NBA history guarding his #1 and #2 scoring options. Furthermore, we all know Klay Thompson has had some rough playoff series offensively (when the games matter most). He has just been fortunate to have Curry/Dray/Durant to save him from himself.

Rasheed Wallace is one of my personal favorites. He had a little post game and could stretch it out to 23 feet. Fortunately for Team RR, they have the perfect PF to guard Sheed in the 5x All Defense team, 5th place finisher in MVP votes, the 19 ppg/11 rpg/3 apg/1 spg/1 bpg, the Duncan-lite player we now know as Dan “freaking” Roundfield. Larry Bird has accredited 2 people for giving him the most fits… Michael Cooper (in spite of the size difference) and Dan “freaking” Roundfield. Due to Roundfields athletic ability and strength, he was quick enough to guard Bird on the perimeter and in the post. Now, as much as I like Sheed, he is NO Larry Bird! If Roundfield gave Bird fits, he will be a nightmare for Baltimores 3rd or 4th scoring option in Rasheed Wallace. Guarding a stretch 4 is nothing new to Duncan-lite.

Mark Price was the poor man’s Steve Nash of the 90s. He thrived by having the ball in his hands. I welcome that over LeBron having the ball in his hands. That isn’t to say that Price was unable to play off ball, but you limit the impact Mark Price gives a team when you don’t utilize his skillset. Mike Conley is an all D player that would be the perfect defender to guard Price. He is quick and strong enough to stay with Price if and when he takes over for LeBron and when he is camped out on the perimeter.

Wes Unseld is one of the greatest underrated defenders of all time, however, his defense isn’t needed for Nate Thurmond… Unless, that is of course, Baltimore plans to feed him 19 shots to acquire his 21 points… Team RR would welcome that. In fact, if they fed Thurmond as many times as they did in his prime, I would suspect he would need a lot more than 19 shots to get 21 points as Wes Unseld (and Tyson on the bench) would limit him to an even greater degree.

Offensive Strategy:

I don’t want to do Baltimore’s job for them, but I think it’s safe to say they would put LeBron on MJ. If they were foolish enough to put Klay on MJ, it wouldn’t even be a competitive series. Having said that, MJ will be so dominant offensively (he doesn’t have to over exert himself camping on the perimeter guarding Klay) that LeBron will be the one who gasses out first. LeBron will have arguably the greatest wing defender of all time in Kawhi Leonard on his *** which will leave him with less fuel to cover the greatest player of all time, MJ. LeBron doesn’t have the luxury of having someone else do the heavy lifting on the defensive end for him… Not good for him.

Klay Thompson is a good defender today. No argument there. However, his defense appears good because it’s becoming a lost art in modern ball. He hasn’t made the All Defense team, but in fairness, it doesn’t mean he’s NOT a good defender… However, just as Klay tried guarding Kyrie in the Finals, Kawhi will torch him. Irving is a good offensive player, but Kawhi is even more dominant offensively. Klay, just like MJ, will have MJ guarding him, and will be gassed out attempting to cover Kawhi. Kawhi has the ability to play off ball (or on) on the perimeter, post up, or slash. Baltimore either focuses more on defense and suffers on offense because of it, or they focus on offense and allow Team RR to dominate offensively.

Mike Conley, while not having Price’s credentials, is actually the better fit for their respective teams. Essentially, Price will be doing what Conley is doing for team RR: Spread the floor, play defense, and be the back up play maker. Conley has done those thing his entire career and will translate better for Team RR than Price will do for Baltimore. Price's defense was god awful... Team RR also plans to pull out the big and athletic Micheal Ray Richardson who is a multiple time All 1st Defense team player who would completely bully Price in the post or be too quick for him as he cuts to the rim.

Roundfield had a good midrange shot as well as post game (hence, Duncan-lite). He will pull Sheed away from the rim to allow the slashers/penetrators more room to attack the rim, putting pressure on their center. In their respective peaks, Dan “freaking” Roundfield scored the exact same points per game as Sheed on fewer shot attempts and on fewer minutes. Sheed won’t get to relax against Dan “freaking” Roundfield. What makes Roundfield even more dangerous offensive is his willingness to pass just like all the other starters on Team RR. Sheed wasn’t a very gifted passer to say the least.

Wes Unseld is considered by most to be the greatest outlet passer of all time. With the combination of speed, athleticism, and strength of Team RR, Wes will have the same exact role as he did in real life when he won NBA MVP and Finals MVP. He was a relentless machine who did all the dirty work offensively (and defensively). He was a great rebounder which allows him to find the open man for 3 or the slasher for an easy 2. I’m not sure Thurmond would be able to keep up with Unseld.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Voted for RR in error. Should have been for Baltimore.

Redrum187
06-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Voted for RR in error. Should have been for Baltimore.

Your error was who you intended to vote for, not who you voted for. :( SAWFT!!!

unleashthebeast
06-28-2017, 09:40 PM
I figured I would end up getting matched up against RR and his stupid wing duo which everyone creams over and disregards the clear weaknesses on the rest of his roster haha. I'm in the middle of helping my GF move but I'll have a writeup either today or tomorrow.

unleashthebeast
06-28-2017, 09:43 PM
My eyes are bleeding after reading all of the fallacies and bold-faced lies in RR's writeup so thank you for the fiction novel, it was a good read. Entirely untrue, but a good read.

GREATNESS ONE
06-28-2017, 09:44 PM
I figured I would end up getting matched up against RR and his stupid wing duo which everyone creams over and disregards the clear weaknesses on the rest of his roster haha. I'm in the middle of helping my GF move but I'll have a writeup either today or tomorrow.

I won't vote until I see it UTB, respect you that much and I don't follow the bandwagon.

GREATNESS ONE
06-28-2017, 09:44 PM
I mean, if by clear weakness you mean people starting to be aware of how awesome Dan "freaking" Roundfield truly was then I'll take it. His numbers and defense make it easy to defend said "weaknesses". I look forward to your write up brother. <3

:laugh2: <3

Redrum187
06-28-2017, 09:45 PM

I mean, if by clear weakness you mean people starting to be aware of how awesome Dan "freaking" Roundfield truly was then I'll take it. His numbers and defense make it easy to defend said "weaknesses". I look forward to your write up brother. <3

Redrum187
06-28-2017, 09:58 PM
I forgot to include this in my write up:

Bench:

Mookie Blaylock – Steve Kerr – Gerald Wallace – Paul Milsap – Tree Rollins vs Micheal Ray Richardson – Hersey Hawkins – Raja Bell - Toni Kukoc – Tyson Chandler

Individually, I am without a doubt better from 2-5. Even MRR had a 3 year peak comparable to Mookie in terms of impact. Collectively, they defender better, they score better, they space better, they can play multiple positions, they are more team-oriented, and they are not a liability on one end of the ball like some of Baltimore’s bench is. So it’s not like Baltimore can go to their bench to make up the difference from their starting unit.

Mark Eaton will be huffing and puffing down the court trying to keep up with Tyson and the fast break attackers on Team RR's Bench. 6'0 Mookie will have his hands full trying to cover 6'5 MRR. Hersey Hawkins shot over 40% from 3, made more of them than Kerr, and was a 20+ ppg scorer in his 3 year peak... Kerr averaged 8.4 ppg in his peak... Raja Bell was a multiple time All Defense player... I guess Gerald Wallace was an okay defender I guess... not really a shooter/spacer though. Toni Kukoc was an incredibly talented Forward who had chemistry with Jordan and thrived. He was the 3rd leading scoring for the Championship Bulls.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-28-2017, 10:25 PM
Your error was who you intended to vote for, not who you voted for. :( SAWFT!!!

You dupe was SAAAAAAWFT.

Sadds The Gr8
06-29-2017, 12:16 AM
tough call. Positions are about equal except for rr's huge advantage at pf.

lol

NYKalltheway
06-29-2017, 04:31 AM
Whilst I disagree with a lot of what RR says in his writeup, I do believe his team is stronger.

Utb has an excelent starting five but his bench isn't filled with game changers. And you need a bench at this level. On the other hand I see Toni Kukoc and Sugar Ray Richardson.

Only way UTB's team wins is if Price and Klay have open shots all day and manage to hit over 60% in the series. Highly unlikely. And with Lebron on the team, I doubt Price will be the player he is, as he was a floor general with excellent passing and shooting. He has to be the leader with the ball on his hands and he won't.

P.S: Bobby Jones, Bruce Bowen and Dennis Rodman would bruise Lebron off the court, so I'm not really a fan of the opening of that write up, even if I agree that all three of Pippen, Leonard and Jordan are great defenders.

Redrum187
06-29-2017, 06:48 AM
Whilst I disagree with a lot of what RR says in his writeup, I do believe his team is stronger.

Utb has an excelent starting five but his bench isn't filled with game changers. And you need a bench at this level. On the other hand I see Toni Kukoc and Sugar Ray Richardson.

Only way UTB's team wins is if Price and Klay have open shots all day and manage to hit over 60% in the series. Highly unlikely. And with Lebron on the team, I doubt Price will be the player he is, as he was a floor general with excellent passing and shooting. He has to be the leader with the ball on his hands and he won't.

P.S: Bobby Jones, Bruce Bowen and Dennis Rodman would bruise Lebron off the court, so I'm not really a fan of the opening of that write up, even if I agree that all three of Pippen, Leonard and Jordan are great defenders.

Fair points. You're right about Bobby Jones. I think he belongs in the category and he would be the 4th guy I'd want. Bowen and Rodman I wouldn't want guarding LeBron, not because of their lack of defense (they were elite), but because I wouldn't have a way to make LeBron work on the other end. One of the biggest factors with defense is energy exerted on both sides of the ball.

This is why it's a huge blow for Baltimore in that their greatest offensive player has to be their greatest defender too. It's asking a lot when his #2 scorer is Klay Thompson. Where as MJ chills on the perimeter guarding Klay and can exert more energy scoring.

NYKalltheway
06-29-2017, 06:55 AM
Bowen and Rodman I wouldn't want guarding LeBron, not because of their lack of defense (they were elite), but because I wouldn't have a way to make LeBron work on the other end. One of the biggest factors with defense is energy exerted on both sides of the ball.

That would be the full picture, you are correct. But I still maintain the opinion that with the defensive freedom of the 90s and early 2000s, Lebron would stand no chance against either of the two. Whether or not they could adapt to the modern era is a mystery. I trust they'd need to become more effective offensive players to survive the game.

Redrum187
06-29-2017, 06:59 AM
That would be the full picture, you are correct. But I still maintain the opinion that with the defensive freedom of the 90s and early 2000s, Lebron would stand no chance against either of the two. Whether or not they could adapt to the modern era is a mystery. I trust they'd need to become more effective offensive players to survive the game.

I agree. I think that is what makes Kawhi a better Pippen than Pippen. His skillset complements Jordan better and he can play on par defense as Pippen but without needing to be a physical defender. I'm not sure what the rules are in the ATRD, but you're correct in that he wouldn't last long with the 90's physicality.

Lucky.
06-29-2017, 08:51 AM
LeBron vs Jordan. Is that a first in these games?

unleashthebeast
06-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Baltimore Bullets Writeup

Ok so let's talk about this series. The Bullets are up against 2 premier players in Michael Jordan and Kawhi Leonard. Let's not get it twisted though, 2 players are not winning an ATRD series against one of the best players of all time in LeBron James who has the perfect supporting cast around him.

Offensive strategy:
Never in LeBron's career has an offense been so perfectly and uniquely crafted to support his skill set. But let's just talk about LeBron's matchup first. Kawhi Leonard, a great wing defender is matched up against LeBron. We however must not forget that LeBron is one of the best 3 offensive players of all time. This is a guy where opposing team's defenders win Finals MVPs just because they kept LeBron barely away from averaging a 30-10-10 triple double in the series. He is THAT good. Kawhi is a very good defender, but there has never been a person in the NBA who could stop the unstoppable force that is LeBron James. This can be evidenced by LeBron averaging 26-6-10 against Kawhi in the playoffs, in Finals series where LeBron was carrying a Dwyane Wade carcass to competitive battles. This means that all defensive focus in these series were on LeBron, as he didn't have elite talent around him to force Kawhi onto an island defensively against James.

In this series, good ****ing luck helping off of LeBron. He is surrounded by 3 elite shooters in Mark Price, Klay Thompson, and Rasheed Wallace. Any help off of LeBron will lead to an open 3 point shot by one of the greatest who has ever done it at their positions (****, I even have the best 3pt% shooter of all time on my bench in Steve Kerr). But, as Redrum knows, you have to help off of LeBron at some point or else he will abuse Kawhi. Not to mention screens and whatnot. I know for a fact that LeBron and Mark Price will be running countless screens to get Mike Conley matched up against LeBron. If Kawhi tries to fight through those screens, 40% 3pt shooter Mark Price will be wide open.

Klay Thompson will be used in a similar role as Ray Allen in his Boston Celtic days. He will be running all around the floor, with screens coming from every which way, to get open 3pt shots. RR said that Jordan could essentially relax defensively only having to guard Klay. Are we sure? Defenders would get wiped out against Ray Allen trying to chase him all around creation, and with the added threat of Klay then being able to take the ball off of the dribble. If RR actually makes the decision of designating Jordan as the Klay Thompson chaser, he better have the Gatorade ready on the sidelines.

Mark Price. Getting pretty underrated in this thread I would say. Price was an absolute weapon offensively, altering defensive game plans on an every game basis. The guy was electric with the ball in his hands, one of the greatest floor generals to ever grace an NBA court. Think back to LeBron's Miami and current Cleveland teams, the teams where he has won championships. He had a dominant secondary ball handler on each of those teams, much like Price. But what Price has which Wade and Kyrie certainly don't is the desire to pass first and get easy buckets for his teammates. What if instead of dribbling the ball for 20 seconds and taking an awful contested 3 Kyrie instead ran through an offense and resulted in a LeBron Alley-Oop? This is by far the best secondary ball handler fit that LeBron has ever had in his career, with Price also being a 3pt shooting marksmen off of the ball. Pair this with the fact that Price is matching up against a guy in Mike Conley who is only starting because of recency bias (you got the dude in round 17. definitely a quality starter....) and you have an All-Time mismatch that will leave Team RR exposed. Mark Price is a player that gets the best out of his teammates, and we will see that each and every offensive possession.

Let's get to Rasheed Wallace now. Wallace had one of the most unique skill-sets in the NBA at his time, a skill-set that would make him an even bigger star in today's NBA offense (like the offense my team will be utilizing). Not only is he a great floor spacer and 3pt shooter, he also had a great post up game around the basket. The Team-RR-proclaimed-GOAT Dan Roundfield is giving up a ton of size and a ton of skill to Rasheed, who will get buckets on an efficient clip in this series. He is playing with two of the best passers of all time in LeBron and Mark Price and his life will be so easy as the fourth option on this offense.

Now, Nate Thurmond. Not until the 13th year of Thurmond's career and the 26th regular season matchup of Thurmond and Unseld was Thurmond outscored at his position, clearly at a time where he was past his prime. Unseld is matched up against prime Nate Thurmond in this series, a guy who scored over 20 points twelve times against Unseld and over 25 points five times (including two 30+ point outings). Are we sure Unseld can stop Thurmond, like Team-RR so boldly predicted? Thurmond is our fifth option on this offense who will get very few plays ran his way and will rely primarily on putbacks and dunks on dumpoffs, but his offensive presence should not be underestimated in this series.

And this leads to a LARGER (you'll get the pun in a second) point about my starting 5 against RR's team: I am significantly bigger in the post). Wes Unseld is giving up FOUR inches to Nate Thurmond and Dan Roundfield is giving up two inches as well as significant size to Rasheed Wallace. In fact, there is a good chance that Kawhi is actually the tallest player in RR's starting 5! My two bigs will play bully ball on both ends on the glass, leading to a ton of easy opportunities and second chance points.

Defensive strategy:

I'm playing against quite possibly the greatest player of all time in Michael Jordan and a young, up and coming great player in Kawhi, there's no sugarcoating it. However, this is all that RR has offensively. 2 players are not beating my team.

Both LeBron and Klay will see time on Jordan, as well as Gerald Wallace off of the bench. These are 3 elite perimeter defenders who will give Jordan fits. Will he get his 30 points? Sure, but it will not be easy. He will have to work hard for every single shot he gets, and gives up size to each of my 3 defenders making it even harder for him to succeed.

Kawhi is a player that is really coming into his own as a great offensive player. He too will be guarded by one of Lebron, Klay, or Gerald the entire series. Let's not sit here and pretend that he is Larry Bird though. Kawhi is a player that has had 1 and a half top level offensive seasons, and is not the all time elite offensive player that some of you make him out to be, at least not yet. And one issue with Kawhi is his lack of elite playmaking for his teammates. He has not had one season or postseason where he had 5 assists. Is this the guy that you want to have the ball in his hands whenever it isnt with Jordan?

And this is a larger point with my defense, or rather lack of offense for Team RR. They have the greatest scorer of all time and another great offensive player, but that is it. The offense on the rest of their roster is incredibly subpar and vastly inferior to my team, and they don't have the playmaking to make it work. Jordan was a pretty good passer but that is all that they have. Conley is mediocre, Roundfield is mediocre, Unseld is mediocre. This also allows Nate Thurmond, one of the greatest rim protectors of all time, to focus almost entirely on Jordan and Kawhi penetration and forcing them to take difficult shots. This recipe does not lead to success for RR's team who's entire gameplan is based off of two players rather than an entire team. Are we honestly expecting Jordan to go for 50-15 this entire series? That is the only feasible way I could see RR winning.

Final Note:
I have the far superior team. I have an offense with two of the least selfish playmakers of all time who will get every single player on this offense easy baskets. Their team is predicated around two players who would rather take a ton of shots themselves than go and get their team easy baskets, who are facing 3 elite wing defenders and one of the best rim protectors of all time (who will be solely focused on stopping Kawhi and Jordan in the paint with Unseld as a nonfactor). Better talent with a team that fits perfectly together = LeBron defeating Jordan and advancing in this series.

unleashthebeast
06-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Roundfield had a good midrange shot as well as post game (hence, Duncan-lite).

I propose that we automatically DQ RR from this game and from all future games for comparing Dan Roundfield, the guy that barely made any All-Time Redraft rosters before this game, to Tim Duncan. I am absolutely appalled and disgusted :laugh2:

Redrum187
06-29-2017, 03:11 PM
I propose that we automatically DQ RR from this game and from all future games for comparing Dan Roundfield, the guy that barely made any All-Time Redraft rosters before this game, to Tim Duncan. I am absolutely appalled and disgusted :laugh2:

Haha, it's sort of becoming and inside joke between me and KoB. :P I did post a site that compared Dan's game to Duncans (obviously they know Duncan is superior though).

Redrum187
06-29-2017, 04:01 PM
Baltimore Bullets Writeup

Ok so let's talk about this series. The Bullets are up against 2 premier players in Michael Jordan and Kawhi Leonard. Let's not get it twisted though, 2 players are not winning an ATRD series against one of the best players of all time in LeBron James who has the perfect supporting cast around him.

I mean, they are if one of the players is even better than LeBron James. lol Your #2 guy can't sniff Kawhi either.

Offensive strategy:
Never in LeBron's career has an offense been so perfectly and uniquely crafted to support his skill set. But let's just talk about LeBron's matchup first. Kawhi Leonard, a great wing defender is matched up against LeBron. We however must not forget that LeBron is one of the best 3 offensive players of all time. This is a guy where opposing team's defenders win Finals MVPs just because they kept LeBron barely away from averaging a 30-10-10 triple double in the series. He is THAT good. Kawhi is a very good defender, but there has never been a person in the NBA who could stop the unstoppable force that is LeBron James. This can be evidenced by LeBron averaging 26-6-10 against Kawhi in the playoffs, in Finals series where LeBron was carrying a Dwyane Wade carcass to competitive battles. This means that all defensive focus in these series were on LeBron, as he didn't have elite talent around him to force Kawhi onto an island defensively against James.

I am under no illusion that even with Kawhi and MJ guarding LeBron, that they will stop him. I agree, there is no stopping him. However, I can make him incredibly inefficient like he was in 2015 Finals against Golden State. The difference is, Team RR's defense is even nastier than Golden States. Pre-prime Kawhi did an outstanding job against LeBron, it's why he won MVP. However, we have yet to see how much better Kawhi would do against LeBron. In the few games where Kawhi guarded Durant this year (in previous years Kawhi guarded Westbrook but we all know he jumped ship to join the Warriors) Kawhi has limited him to a greater degree than any other player. I know LeBron is better than Durant overall, but offensively, Durant is superior and still Kawhi did an exceptional job. Just as importantly, Jordan will be switched on him as well. We know Jordan's competitive nature.

Btw, Wade was not a carcass. LeBron didn't drag him. lol Hell, I remember Wade doing everything he can in 2011 to not let Dirk spank them. If it weren't for Wade, I'm not sure the series would have even went to 6 games. LeBron had a really bad Finals by his own standards.

In this series, good ****ing luck helping off of LeBron. He is surrounded by 3 elite shooters in Mark Price, Klay Thompson, and Rasheed Wallace. Any help off of LeBron will lead to an open 3 point shot by one of the greatest who has ever done it at their positions (****, I even have the best 3pt% shooter of all time on my bench in Steve Kerr). But, as Redrum knows, you have to help off of LeBron at some point or else he will abuse Kawhi. Not to mention screens and whatnot. I know for a fact that LeBron and Mark Price will be running countless screens to get Mike Conley matched up against LeBron. If Kawhi tries to fight through those screens, 40% 3pt shooter Mark Price will be wide open.

As said previously, Team RR can pick their spots when to double LeBron. While LeBron will get his points, he isn't going to light up Kawhi and MJ with superior efficient. Conley/Micheal Ray are faster than Price (who doesn't have the ball in his hands like he was accustom to).

And I mean, I can play that game too... I can just set as many or more screens with Conley and Jordan + Kawhi. Price was a traffic cone on defense. MJ and Kawhi will light the poor bastard up. Where as Team RR will have Micheal Ray off the bench. He can literally guard 1-3, switch on screens with MJ/Kawhi and not skip a beat. 6'0 Mookie can't do that with MJ/Kawhi... they are 6 and 7 inches taller and stronger.

Klay Thompson will be used in a similar role as Ray Allen in his Boston Celtic days. He will be running all around the floor, with screens coming from every which way, to get open 3pt shots. RR said that Jordan could essentially relax defensively only having to guard Klay. Are we sure? Defenders would get wiped out against Ray Allen trying to chase him all around creation, and with the added threat of Klay then being able to take the ball off of the dribble. If RR actually makes the decision of designating Jordan as the Klay Thompson chaser, he better have the Gatorade ready on the sidelines.

That's like the the Timberwolves saying they plan to use KAT like Tim Duncan next season. Ummm... of course that should be the goal... but they will not be as affect. Klay Thompson has had some excruciatingly bad shooting games when GSW has needed him. Meanwhile, if Allen didn't hit that corner 3 in game 6 of the NBA Finals, Duncan would have another ring. It just sucks when LeBron was labeled a choker in some of his NBA Finals games and then you have the only choker on GSW in Klay. Klay just has a lot more talent than LeBron does in real life though.

Mark Price. Getting pretty underrated in this thread I would say. Price was an absolute weapon offensively, altering defensive game plans on an every game basis. The guy was electric with the ball in his hands, one of the greatest floor generals to ever grace an NBA court. Think back to LeBron's Miami and current Cleveland teams, the teams where he has won championships. He had a dominant secondary ball handler on each of those teams, much like Price. But what Price has which Wade and Kyrie certainly don't is the desire to pass first and get easy buckets for his teammates. What if instead of dribbling the ball for 20 seconds and taking an awful contested 3 Kyrie instead ran through an offense and resulted in a LeBron Alley-Oop? This is by far the best secondary ball handler fit that LeBron has ever had in his career, with Price also being a 3pt shooting marksmen off of the ball. Pair this with the fact that Price is matching up against a guy in Mike Conley who is only starting because of recency bias (you got the dude in round 17. definitely a quality starter....) and you have an All-Time mismatch that will leave Team RR exposed. Mark Price is a player that gets the best out of his teammates, and we will see that each and every offensive possession.

I don't think anyone underrates Price. You're just not using Price like he was used in real life. We have to consider Price's role on your team, not just his NBA resume. If you wanted Price to control your offense/be the floor general, by all means. If you want Price to be a 3D/secondary ball handler, good luck. He might do well off the ball, but he isn't putting up the numbers he did in his prime nor is he going to guard anyone. lol

Let's get to Rasheed Wallace now. Wallace had one of the most unique skill-sets in the NBA at his time, a skill-set that would make him an even bigger star in today's NBA offense (like the offense my team will be utilizing). Not only is he a great floor spacer and 3pt shooter, he also had a great post up game around the basket. The Team-RR-proclaimed-GOAT Dan Roundfield is giving up a ton of size and a ton of skill to Rasheed, who will get buckets on an efficient clip in this series. He is playing with two of the best passers of all time in LeBron and Mark Price and his life will be so easy as the fourth option on this offense.

Size? If you plan to use Sheed in the post, Dan Roundfield will be more than happy to defend him. When Jason Kidd guarded LeBron in the Finals, did he "give up too much size"? No, he did well. What about when Draymond Green guards bigger players? Pretty sure he held his own (Roundfield is even taller). Hell... Larry Bird even said Cooper and Roundfield give him fits... Cooper was a skinny and short guy next to Bird. No matter where Sheed goes, Roundfield has proven to have the defensive skillset to play exceptional defense like he did in real life.

I already compared their numbers. In fewer minutes and on fewer shots, Roundfield scores the same exact points per game in their 3 year prime. He gets more assists, more rebounds, and plays defense (5x All Defense teams) way better than Sheed ever did.

Now, Nate Thurmond. Not until the 13th year of Thurmond's career and the 26th regular season matchup of Thurmond and Unseld was Thurmond outscored at his position, clearly at a time where he was past his prime. Unseld is matched up against prime Nate Thurmond in this series, a guy who scored over 20 points twelve times against Unseld and over 25 points five times (including two 30+ point outings). Are we sure Unseld can stop Thurmond, like Team-RR so boldly predicted? Thurmond is our fifth option on this offense who will get very few plays ran his way and will rely primarily on putbacks and dunks on dumpoffs, but his offensive presence should not be underestimated in this series.

Okay, this should seal the deal then. If you plan to have Thurmond take 23 shots to get 25 points then you are literally screwing your own team. The fact Thurmond was used at high rate offensively in spite of his .467 TS% would help Team RR significantly. I mean, we do know LeBron defers when the game is on the line... Maybe he'll think Thurmond will clutch it? lol Let's pretend Unseld was Mark Price on defense (which he wasn't, he was an elite defender)... please feed Thurmond... by all means!

It's not a bold prediction to say Wes and Tyson (DPOY) would limit Thurmond even greater than he was already limited in real life. Hell, if Thurmond plans on taking 20+ shots a game, I would be tempted to even allow him a bucket here and there just so he keeps stealing possessions from Baltimore's actual scorers. lol

And this leads to a LARGER (you'll get the pun in a second) point about my starting 5 against RR's team: I am significantly bigger in the post). Wes Unseld is giving up FOUR inches to Nate Thurmond and Dan Roundfield is giving up two inches as well as significant size to Rasheed Wallace. In fact, there is a good chance that Kawhi is actually the tallest player in RR's starting 5! My two bigs will play bully ball on both ends on the glass, leading to a ton of easy opportunities and second chance points.

Tyson Chandler is over 7 feet tall... and you can't teach that! Is Sheed a post scorer in this match up? If so... I already showed how Roundfield thrived as a post defender. Is he used as a stretch 4? Oh, well he did that too against Bird... Sheed can't touch Bird's jock strap.

Defensive strategy:

I'm playing against quite possibly the greatest player of all time in Michael Jordan and a young, up and coming great player in Kawhi, there's no sugarcoating it. However, this is all that RR has offensively. 2 players are not beating my team.

Funny... a guy who scored just as many points on fewer shot attempts and in fewer minutes who also outplays Sheed on defense is considered a non-factor on offense... 19/11/3/1/1 is no help. lolWhat do you have if your 3rd scorer had inferior stats/impact than my 4th option scorer?

Not to mention, Klay is your #2? Yikes.

Both LeBron and Klay will see time on Jordan, as well as Gerald Wallace off of the bench. These are 3 elite perimeter defenders who will give Jordan fits. Will he get his 30 points? Sure, but it will not be easy. He will have to work hard for every single shot he gets, and gives up size to each of my 3 defenders making it even harder for him to succeed.

Klay isn't strong enough to defend Jordan. What modern day post players does Klay guard in real life? That isn't where his defense is at... Jordan was a physical beast in the post for a guard. However, I want you to use Klay on Jordan... that is definitely good news for me. As for Gerald Wallace on Jordan... Are you taking out Sheed so Wallace comes in or are you taking out Klay Thompson? Is he going to play SG or PF? Either way, Wallace shouldn't be coming in this game at all... much less taking minutes from Sheed/Klay to guard the GOAT.

Kawhi is a player that is really coming into his own as a great offensive player. He too will be guarded by one of Lebron, Klay, or Gerald the entire series. Let's not sit here and pretend that he is Larry Bird though. Kawhi is a player that has had 1 and a half top level offensive seasons, and is not the all time elite offensive player that some of you make him out to be, at least not yet. And one issue with Kawhi is his lack of elite playmaking for his teammates. He has not had one season or postseason where he had 5 assists. Is this the guy that you want to have the ball in his hands whenever it isnt with Jordan?

I mean, it was one postseason game, but how did that work out for Klay and GSW when they tried to defend Kawhi? They had to get Zaza to take Kawhi out... Once again, Kawhi has a post game and that isn't Klay's brand of defense.

And this is a larger point with my defense, or rather lack of offense for Team RR. They have the greatest scorer of all time and another great offensive player, but that is it. The offense on the rest of their roster is incredibly subpar and vastly inferior to my team, and they don't have the playmaking to make it work. Jordan was a pretty good passer but that is all that they have. Conley is mediocre, Roundfield is mediocre, Unseld is mediocre. This also allows Nate Thurmond, one of the greatest rim protectors of all time, to focus almost entirely on Jordan and Kawhi penetration and forcing them to take difficult shots. This recipe does not lead to success for RR's team who's entire gameplan is based off of two players rather than an entire team. Are we honestly expecting Jordan to go for 50-15 this entire series? That is the only feasible way I could see RR winning.

You can say something and not provide evidence, it doesn't make it true. I've shown/pointed out that Roundfield scored just as much as Sheed but on fewer shots and fewer minutes. Price isn't going to be as lethal offensively as he was in real life because you aren't using him like he was used in real life. Furthermore, my bench is leaps and bounds better... Your bench doesn't even have a legitimate 20+ scorer to help with subpar #2 Klay Thompson. The fact you're relying on Thurmond to get his peak offensive numbers is a HUGE disadvantage to you... not an advantage. :P

Final Note:

I have the far superior team. I have an offense with two of the least selfish playmakers of all time who will get every single player on this offense easy baskets. Their team is predicated around two players who would rather take a ton of shots themselves than go and get their team easy baskets, who are facing 3 elite wing defenders and one of the best rim protectors of all time (who will be solely focused on stopping Kawhi and Jordan in the paint with Unseld as a nonfactor). Better talent with a team that fits perfectly together = LeBron defeating Jordan and advancing in this series.

You have a great team (I love it), but it can't withstand the defensive juggernaut that is Team RR. Kawhi/Jordan on LeBron eviscerates your offense. Your only hope is that Klay doesn't choke like he has in real life and somehow scores over Jordan... Sheed steps under Roundfield's feet so he doesn't have a 5x All Defender who gave Larry Bird fits guarding him... and Conley/MRR get assassinated before the game so Price will have open looks on the perimeter. Ironically, Thurmond NOT scoring 20 points per game would be helpful for his team... but... I'll take Thurmond's 18/19 shots to get his 21 points. :D

D1JM
06-29-2017, 04:57 PM

You going for the boyfriend of the year award?

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2017, 06:42 PM
Last year Deron Williams was Magic Johnson, now Roundfield is Tim Duncan. Wow RR :laugh2:

Team RR tho. That's my vote.

Redrum187
06-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Last year Deron Williams was Magic Johnson, now Roundfield is Tim Duncan. Wow RR :laugh2:

Team RR tho. That's my vote.

I love you lol. You still kicked my @$$. lol

KnicksorBust
07-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Score? I am voting for RR but can't get to a computer.

valade16
07-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Score? I am voting for RR but can't get to a computer.

10-5 Redrum in the lead. With your vote 11-5.

valade16
07-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Team RR wins