PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Auction Playoffs 2nd Round (Team Jon vs. Boise State Broncos)

valade16
06-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Every year Posters from PSD come together and do a secret auction of all players throughout NBA history attempting to make the best team and win the PSD All-Time Auction Championship! The teams have been seeded and are now in the playoffs. Please look over the teams and vote based on which team you think would win in a 7 game playoff series.

Team Jon has the higher seed and will have home court advantage in the series.

Team Jon:

PG - John Stockton (38) / Alvin Robertson (6) / Steve Francis (4)
SG - Alvin Robertson (32) / World B. Free (16)
SF - Peja Stojakovic (32) / Mark Aguirre (16)
PF - Charles Oakley (22) / LaMarcus Aldridge (22) / Peja Stojakovic (4)
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (40) / Charles Oakley (8)

Reserves :
PF/C - Derrick Coleman

vs.

Boise State Broncos

PG: Isiah Thomas / Rod Strickland
SG: Brandon Roy / Jerry Sloan
SF: John Havlicek / Marques Johnson
PF: Blake Griffin / Kevin Love
C: Patrick Ewing / Dolph Schayes

GREATNESS ONE
06-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Broncos

KnicksorBust
06-28-2017, 09:17 PM
I didn't vote for Jon in Round 1 but I might have to come back around here. The Oakley at PF weakness sticks out in this matchup but I think Ewing would have such a hard time with KAJ.

dhopisthename
06-29-2017, 12:25 PM
am down 5-1, but wanted to point out a few things and if this gets closer or jon responds can get more into it.

On defense Sure kareem is going to give ewing fits, but that is mostly because kareem can give anyone fits. I can also double off of Oakley since he is a non threat on offense. Roy and Havlicek can certainly contain both alvin or Peja. Stockton while a great passer isn't going to have anyone to pass it to.

On offense Peja is going to have to guard either Roy or Havlicek in a pick and roll with Blake. Ewing can pull Kareem away from the basket and make it harder for him defend the rim like he would want to. Isiah, Roy and Havlicek are all great passers who can create shots in the pick and roll or in 1v1's. Also, a comparison of Isiah vs Stockton http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=vN5J1 shows that Isiah can certainly hold his own vs Stockton.

KnicksorBust
06-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Boise made an argument. Clearly Jon cant handle the mastermind that is dhop and his brilliant double team KAJ strategy. I vote Boise.

Redrum187
06-30-2017, 02:37 PM
I was/am leaning Jon... I'm not sure why Jon doesn't counter. :( If he doesn't counter by tomorrow I have no other choice but to go Boise.

jon32
06-30-2017, 08:30 PM
Im daf at a bachelor party so no counter too busy dri nkin....may the best man ein

dhopisthename
07-01-2017, 03:49 PM
down 4 don't think I am coming back. what a lame way to go out with zero interaction at all. good luck jon.

GREATNESS ONE
07-01-2017, 04:34 PM
I guess everyone is dickriding Kareem this match?

GREATNESS ONE
07-01-2017, 04:34 PM
I guess everyone is di**riding Kareem this match?

KnicksorBust
07-01-2017, 04:49 PM
I guess everyone is di**riding Kareem this match?

Thanks for censoring the second time. My kids were reading.

valade16
07-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Team Jon wins.