PDA

View Full Version : And Your MVP IS

More-Than-Most
06-26-2017, 11:43 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19744549/russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-awarded-mvp-historic-season

Good ****ing ****... Well deserved and 100 percent expected.

Norm
06-26-2017, 11:44 PM
Big shock

Lakers + Giants
06-26-2017, 11:58 PM
100% the right choice. I wouldve been cool with it if Leonard won it too. No way you give it to a 1 way player though.

Inb4 i get killed, but I'm glad the voters agreed.

JasonJohnHorn
06-27-2017, 12:26 AM
MVP is Leonard.

5ass
06-27-2017, 12:38 AM
Without Westbrook okc is a 25 win team. He's the new Mr triple double. Legendary season by a very entertaining player.

lakerfan85
06-27-2017, 12:38 AM
Lebron is the real MVP..

Jamiecballer
06-27-2017, 12:42 AM
Brutal. Not the worst mvp vote ever, but definitely one that was heavily influenced by media.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Scoots
06-27-2017, 12:42 AM
100% the right choice. I wouldve been cool with it if Leonard won it too. No way you give it to a 1 way player though.

Inb4 i get killed, but I'm glad the voters agreed.

Westbrook IS a one way player. Not surprised though. Voters are dumb.

Bostonjorge
06-27-2017, 12:57 AM
Well deserved MVP. I only see Westbrook getting better.

Westbrook will take down GS. It's already written.

aman_13
06-27-2017, 01:21 AM
I found it very ironic when Russell told his teammates to come to the stage so he could thank them.

basch152
06-27-2017, 01:35 AM
Kawhi was definitely the best choice for mvp.

LeBron might be second.

More-Than-Most
06-27-2017, 02:02 AM
Kawhi was definitely the best choice for mvp.

LeBron might be second.

i have no issues with this... Between him and harden its westy all day but Id put KL/Lebron/Durant as the real Mvps.

Chronz
06-27-2017, 02:08 AM
I had a long parlay waiting on this ****ing award show. Through down on the Dubs/Cavs winning the conference, RWB winning MVP, Mike D, Eric G, Brogdon. I dont remember if I bet on Dray but I think he might've been the only one I wasn't willing to risk money on but I migh be wrong. Still, this has been the most predictable season in awhile in terms of final bet on awards/finals.

nastynice
06-27-2017, 02:14 AM
They really shoulda announced earlier. Waiting takes away from any excitement or storylines

Anyway, the man averaged a triple double, regardless of how ball dominant he is, it's still impressive

Saddletramp
06-27-2017, 02:48 AM
Amazing story with Bev, Gordon and Mike D. Was pretty sure Westbrook was winning MVP so I got no gripes.

Let's put it all together next year, guys.

nastynice
06-27-2017, 03:11 AM
Amazing story with Bev, Gordon and Mike D. Was pretty sure Westbrook was winning MVP so I got no gripes.

Let's put it all together next year, guys.

Harden had a great case, and it's gotta suck to get the short end of the stick twice, first because people said team success propelled curry over harden, then people said individual success propelled Westbrook over harden

I'm sure he gonna have a lil chip on that shoulder

GREATNESS ONE
06-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Lil chip on his shoulder to do what? Play defense?!?

Ya'll argued so hard for harden, I'm glad this thread only has 20 comments or so, everyone's afraid to eat their crow. I remember the minority thinking Westy would win this and I'm glad he did, the way Harden gave up in the playoffs (against the Spurs) was pathetic.

They should hand the award though a lot earlier, maybe like 1/2nd round of playoffs.

Mell413
06-27-2017, 08:43 AM
You can make a good argument for Harden winning, but I have no issues with Westbrook winning.

TheDish87
06-27-2017, 08:59 AM
Harden should have won.

Ariza's Better
06-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Lil chip on his shoulder to do what? Play defense?!?

Ya'll argued so hard for harden, I'm glad this thread only has 20 comments or so, everyone's afraid to eat their crow. I remember the minority thinking Westy would win this and I'm glad he did, the way Harden gave up in the playoffs (against the Spurs) was pathetic.

They should hand the award though a lot earlier, maybe like 1/2nd round of playoffs.
Minority? There was never a minority.

AntiG
06-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Harden should have won.

Nicki Minaj was the real MVP for him.

Jamiecballer
06-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Man I must say though I gained an enormous respect for Russell as a human being watching that speech. I must be getting old and soft but I was in tears when he was talking to his family.

Scoots
06-27-2017, 09:44 AM
They really shoulda announced earlier. Waiting takes away from any excitement or storylines

Anyway, the man averaged a triple double, regardless of how ball dominant he is, it's still impressive

True story, I had a friend who pooped so much he overflowed a toilet ... it was impressive.

Jamiecballer
06-27-2017, 09:45 AM
^ so his USG was definitely 100+

GREATNESS ONE
06-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Minority? There was never a minority.

Ah it felt like it as the season was underway. Lots of Harden supporters, which in no way is unreasonable, he had a great year too.

Htownballa1622
06-27-2017, 12:10 PM
I wonder what the MVP criteria will be next year?
It keeps changing. Best player on best team. Best stats on crappy team. Best on/off splits. Best narrative.
Just let me know so I can then frame it better to fit my argument for next year.

AND HAHAHA at posters saying it should be a two way player then cheering for Westbrook to win it.

Bostonjorge
06-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Westbrook was attacking the rim like a young Lebron James this past season. He also did it with a team that does not fit his offensive game. To make it easier to get to the rim you need a stretch big and shooters. Westbrook had 2 traditional bigs and non shooters. Teams wouldn't even guard Roberson(a elite defender)and cover the driving lanes. Westbrook still got to the rim and finished over everyone. Still didn't stop him from leading the league in scoring.

In the playoffs Westbrook did everything in his power to try and get his team the wins. He never gave up and went out on his shield. Westbrook never stoped competing last year. MVP.

FlashBolt
06-27-2017, 10:09 PM
I wonder what the MVP criteria will be next year?
It keeps changing. Best player on best team. Best stats on crappy team. Best on/off splits. Best narrative.
Just let me know so I can then frame it better to fit my argument for next year.

AND HAHAHA at posters saying it should be a two way player then cheering for Westbrook to win it.

People want Westbrook to win it because they hate how Harden flops and disappears in the playoffs. Just my two cents.

Redrum187
06-27-2017, 10:19 PM
My pick for MVP was Kawhi. There's always next year... :(

WaDe03
06-27-2017, 10:51 PM

In honor of his MVP!

Scoots
06-28-2017, 12:11 AM
Almost 400 more shot attempts than anyone else in the NBA. Jeeeeeez

Htownballa1622
06-28-2017, 12:17 AM
People want Westbrook to win it because they hate how Harden flops and disappears in the playoffs. Just my two cents.

That is an excellent way to base mvp cases.

Redrum187
06-28-2017, 12:30 AM
It just sets (or adds to the existing one) the precedent that defense is not all that important... Just get numbers that look like a video game and be a traffic cone on defense and you'll be MVP. I suppose if having prettier numbers counts more than one's skillset offensively AND defensively, then Westbrook is more deserving than Harden. They also took a dump on team record too... wtf was OKC's record again?

Scoots
06-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Westy may be Shaqtin a fool MVP and league MVP ... but who is going to be the Players MVP?

How can THIS be a highlight from an MVP season? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z30qpi7rHr4

FlashBolt
06-28-2017, 11:25 AM
That is an excellent way to base mvp cases.

It's the truth, though. Plenty of people can't stand how the guy plays.

Scoots
06-28-2017, 11:38 AM
It's the truth, though. Plenty of people can't stand how the guy plays.

Kawhi is a nearly invisible star, quite a contrast to Westy and Harden.

I have total respect for what Westbrook and Harden can do ... I do wonder if they can win in today's NBA playing dominating the ball that much though.

FlashBolt
06-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Kawhi is a nearly invisible star, quite a contrast to Westy and Harden.

I have total respect for what Westbrook and Harden can do ... I do wonder if they can win in today's NBA playing dominating the ball that much though.

The issue is both of those guys had an incredible individual season and even though they didn't win as many games as the others, voters saw that the Spurs had a pretty good system and record without Kawhi. I think they were 8-1 when Kawhi didn't play in the regular season. And the other MVP candidates (LeBron+Curry+KD) were all on pretty stacked teams compared to Westy and Harden. So those three, despite having really good seasons, were automatically disqualified. And since no one came close in terms of individual production, candidates with INSANE individual production will probably be the MVP from here on. The creation of super super teams disqualify the legitimate candidates.