PDA

View Full Version : Lavar Ball marketing strategy....

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2017, 09:13 PM
Are you guys watching WWE RAW? Lol dude had a segment on there that was completely hilarious. Had Lavar acting a fool and LaMelo saying the "N" word numerous of times live on TV lol.

I love his marketing strategy but man he's putting a HUGE target on his sons!

AntiG
06-26-2017, 09:30 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/06/26/lavar-ball-appears-on-wwe-takes-off-shirt-video/
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NYKnickFanatic
06-26-2017, 09:35 PM
"Beat that ****** ***, beat that ****** ***."
Lmao wtf is this. :laugh2:

5ass
06-26-2017, 09:50 PM
Roger stone of the NBA lol

PC
06-26-2017, 10:07 PM
I've seen some clips on IG, but this is no marketing strategy, this is Lavar trying to ride his sons' coattails to fame.

sep11ie
06-26-2017, 10:13 PM
The segment actually got no reaction and man did that family become more easy to hate

YamanTV
06-26-2017, 11:28 PM
According to LaVar he wants to put a target on his son's back so that he can get better, it pretty stupid most likely because in my opinion he should start doing his strategy once Lonzo finishes his rookie year, that way his son would be used to the NBA once there's a target on his back.

Dade County
06-27-2017, 12:28 AM
This is so clownish!!!

Lmao

More-Than-Most
06-27-2017, 01:34 AM
he is smart as hell... that being said it is only a genius move if his son is very good... If his son stinks over the next few seasons its going to be so bad

More-Than-Most
06-27-2017, 01:35 AM
i will say this... i hate lavar... dudes a moron riding his sons success... i think his son is hella overrated.... with that being said give the man his credit... he believes in his son more than most believe in their kids... that is something special.

More-Than-Most
06-27-2017, 01:53 AM
just watched the segment.... holy **** i cant wait for them to fail.

nastynice
06-27-2017, 03:17 AM
I dunno man. I'm kinda a lavar fan. I feel like I see what he's doing, and that's cool. He's actively trying to carve out his own market, rather than have someone come in and dictate it for them. I respect that.

I saw him on first take and I could tell by how he was talking to sas, he seems like he's actually a pretty cool dude. He's just doing what he feel he gotta do to create a market for his sons, and it seems to be working. Magic said lonzo gonna be the new face of the franchise

I hope they do well, and how lebron laid down the path for players to be in control of their destiny instead of gm's, I feel lthis is something similar

Ariza's Better
06-27-2017, 05:39 AM
Dean genuinely looked lost for words when he came out. Really enjoyed the segment and I might be Ball family fan now.

R. Johnson#3
06-27-2017, 06:13 AM
Considering we already know the result of the 2018 finals it's fun to have a side show in the NBA. Lavar is entertaining as hell.

da ThRONe
06-27-2017, 07:59 AM
I'll say 1st that I think what Lavar is doing isn't entertaining to me personally. With that said what he is doing is creating a ton of free publicity out of literally nowhere. Creating a brand that can create generational wealth for his family. There should be a ton of respect for that alone.

As far as if it the Ball brothers fails so what? Lonzo as a highly touted 2nd overall pick would be a joke like Hasheem Thabeet or Michael Beasley regardless if his father went on tv and acted like a clown or not. Will some players have a little extra motivation to play against Lonzo because of Lavar sure, but it's professional hoops at the highest levels. How much more effort can a player invest just becuase Lavar Ball is a media whore?

Rivera
06-27-2017, 08:06 AM
As a wrestling fan I loved it. Lavar is a fool

Burkey3472
06-27-2017, 08:13 AM
I'm already sick and tired of it and he's been around for what, a year? I just see it as a attention grabbing individual who is finally in the spotlight because of his children. It certainly helps your brand to a small extent to get out there and spread the word but what will make or break this brand is the success of his son(s). If Lonzo is an average player (along with his brothers) very few people will be running out to buy their products. If Lonzo (or his brothers) are stars though his brand will flourish and he will look like a genius for not joining a major shoe company for a deal.

GREATNESS ONE
06-27-2017, 08:22 AM
It's all about that BBB Life!

TheDish87
06-27-2017, 09:02 AM
that was a painful segment to watch. i cant stand the guy but if the Miz cant even get a half decent segment out of you then you know you suck.

Ariza's Better
06-27-2017, 09:07 AM
that was a painful segment to watch. i cant stand the guy but if the Miz cant even get a half decent segment out of you then you know you suck.
Oh please that segment was great. Old day and this is your life were way, way, way painful to watch than that.

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2017, 09:40 AM

That segment was hilarious lol. It got awkward when Dean came out and LaMelo using a racial slur but other than that it was great.

My only question is Lavar really this goofy in real life? Dude loves making an *** of himself

TheDish87
06-27-2017, 10:58 AM
Oh please that segment was great. Old day and this is your life were way, way, way painful to watch than that.

lol its right up there with those. I expected a segment with titus but when i saw Miz Tv i actually figured it would be funny but it failed badly. Also there was no need to have his kids on there, maybe Lonzo but not the other once with the silly name.

Toxeryll
06-27-2017, 11:33 AM
That was hilarious. Im coming around on Lavar lol, he can be annoying but he sure is entertaining.

aman_13
06-27-2017, 12:30 PM
That was hilarious. Im coming around on Lavar lol, he can be annoying but he sure is entertaining.

Yeah I like him. He's just having fun.

Rivera
06-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Dean genuinely looked lost for words when he came out. Really enjoyed the segment and I might be Ball family fan now.

That segment was hilarious lol. It got awkward when Dean came out and LaMelo using a racial slur but other than that it was great.

My only question is Lavar really this goofy in real life? Dude loves making an *** of himself

why arent any of you 3 posting in the wrestling forum???

FlashBolt
06-27-2017, 03:10 PM
I found it hilarious but man, this looked desperate from WWE. ratings must be really down if they just made Lavar come out and the segment just seemed really weird and stupid. Hilarious because of his dad. When he started shaking uncontrollably.. lmao

TheDish87
06-27-2017, 05:14 PM
they always cross promote with pro sports and hollwood when they can.

Heediot
06-27-2017, 06:10 PM
I respect him or staying fit for his age. He probably looks better shirt off compared to 3/4 of retired nba guys.

Silent
06-27-2017, 06:24 PM

You make no sense

Rivera
06-27-2017, 06:32 PM
You make no sense

how? because I enjoy the entertainment part of "sports entertainment" aka wwe wrestling? and I dont take my wrestling as serious as everyone else does who gets there panties in a bunch when there favorite superstar doesnt get pushed?

sure ill make no sense then when im one of the most logical wrestling poster here and always back my opinion

Teeboy1487
06-27-2017, 07:03 PM
It was alright. Lavar is one entertaining dude. Still miss the attitude era of wrestling from NWO (WCW version), Sting DX, Stone Cold, Undertaker, and the Rock. Heck, I even enjoyed the Ruthless Aggression era. I did make a brief return to watching WWE when Sting returned in 2014. Now, I have completely tuned out.

CityofTreez
06-27-2017, 07:28 PM

Riv. All he does is drop promo's!
He has become ultimate heel, forever.

Ariza's Better
06-27-2017, 07:55 PM
why arent any of you 3 posting in the wrestling forum???
There is wrestling forum? I didn't even know that existed.

I found it hilarious but man, this looked desperate from WWE. ratings must be really down if they just made Lavar come out and the segment just seemed really weird and stupid. Hilarious because of his dad. When he started shaking uncontrollably.. lmao
Has more to do with Vince love affair with getting mainstream attention. It's why they had a year of weekly guest celebrity GM's.

Rivera
06-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Riv. All he does is drop promo's!
He has become ultimate heel, forever.

thats all he does! He really is the ultimate heel and I love that people are still crazy enough to put him in front of a mic

"Theres only 2 people that I know that can beat me, and im both of them!" - Lavar Ball

Stunner
06-27-2017, 08:04 PM
how? because I enjoy the entertainment part of "sports entertainment" aka wwe wrestling? and I dont take my wrestling as serious as everyone else does who gets there panties in a bunch when there favorite superstar doesnt get pushed?

sure ill make no sense then when im one of the most logical wrestling poster here and always back my opinion

Don't listen to him his avi use to be the Bulls , that shows you not to trust his input

KobeOwnSU
06-27-2017, 08:47 PM
Lavar Ball is what I aspire to be...BBB 4 life *****es!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-27-2017, 09:29 PM
There is wrestling forum? I didn't even know that existed.

Has more to do with Vince love affair with getting mainstream attention. It's why they had a year of weekly guest celebrity GM's.

Or just really bad ratings. I mean, it's the ONLY reason they even allowed Brock to fight for the UFC as well while he was still employed in the WWE. They are desperate. The product has been bad lately.

KB24PG16
06-27-2017, 09:51 PM
this segment probably got more viewers than the nba award show

Rivera
06-27-2017, 10:08 PM
[

Or just really bad ratings. I mean, it's the ONLY reason they even allowed Brock to fight for the UFC as well while he was still employed in the WWE. They are desperate. The product has been bad lately.

Lol no it wasn't his only reason but please tell yourself hat without any facts

I'm not gonna lie and admit it wasn't 1 of he reasons but the only? Hahaha yea. No

FlashBolt
06-27-2017, 10:17 PM
Lol no it wasn't his only reason but please tell yourself hat without any facts

I'm not gonna lie and admit it wasn't 1 of he reasons but the only? Hahaha yea. No

So what was the reason?

Cracka2HI!
06-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Lavar is a brilliant man. Using the Donald Trump playbook to perfection. I'm no Trump hater but I will say if our President can get away with that kind of behavior....why can't Lavar? Who or what is he hurting? It ain't his kids, family or pocketbook imo.

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2017, 01:00 AM
Anyone else see a potential reality tv show for the family? Even if the ball boys aren't successful in the league, lavar is already creating a possible backup plan.

PurpleLynch
06-28-2017, 07:45 AM
thats all he does! He really is the ultimate heel and I love that people are still crazy enough to put him in front of a mic

"Theres only 2 people that I know that can beat me, and im both of them!" - Lavar Ball

This is a top 5 Lavar's moments.

Ariza's Better
06-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Their not desperate, they are far from desperate. And no their product has not been bad lately, Smackdown is always great and Raw has been great for the past couple of weeks. Plus NXT is always good and now the UK stuff is picking up. Also I would very surprised if the reason they let Brock fight in UFC was because of ratings.

Rivera
06-30-2017, 03:26 PM
So what was the reason?

to keep lesnar happy for the next round of negotations to keep Lesnar inside of WWE, also to promote Summerslam

an article from that time frame:

It looks like extending the relationship with Lesnar is at, or near the top of Vince McMahonís priority list. In the short term, Vince must focus on executing the upcoming WWE Draft and brand extension to the point it pleases his fan base and USA Network executives. And aside from the day-to-day to make sure it goes off without a hitch, Vince also has every intention to mend fences with the Undertaker as their relationship had become strained since the Deadmanís last match against Shane McMahon. And getting Lesnar to commit to another contract extension is right up there.

Wanting to keep WWE on Lesnarís good side has been paramount for Vince and other officials, which is apparently why getting the deal done for UFC 200 appeared to happen so smoothly. Itís clear that Brock appearing for both promotions within a month of one another will be best for business even though thereís been little cross-promotion. WWE was hoping for some sort of talent exchange, most notably for Paige VanZant to appear at this yearís SummerSlam. While VanZant made the decision to focus solely on the octagon, keeping Lesnar in the fold with another multi-year deal is likely more pressing.

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 06:30 PM
to keep lesnar happy for the next round of negotations to keep Lesnar inside of WWE, also to promote Summerslam

an article from that time frame:

It looks like extending the relationship with Lesnar is at, or near the top of Vince McMahonís priority list. In the short term, Vince must focus on executing the upcoming WWE Draft and brand extension to the point it pleases his fan base and USA Network executives. And aside from the day-to-day to make sure it goes off without a hitch, Vince also has every intention to mend fences with the Undertaker as their relationship had become strained since the Deadmanís last match against Shane McMahon. And getting Lesnar to commit to another contract extension is right up there.

Wanting to keep WWE on Lesnarís good side has been paramount for Vince and other officials, which is apparently why getting the deal done for UFC 200 appeared to happen so smoothly. Itís clear that Brock appearing for both promotions within a month of one another will be best for business even though thereís been little cross-promotion. WWE was hoping for some sort of talent exchange, most notably for Paige VanZant to appear at this yearís SummerSlam. While VanZant made the decision to focus solely on the octagon, keeping Lesnar in the fold with another multi-year deal is likely more pressing.

So... to keep ratings up because Lesnar = good ratings and they didn't want to get Lesnar pissed? Like I said, the ONLY reason they allowed Lesnar to do it was because they wanted to keep Lesnar (and maybe get Rousey to show up in WWE). But don't get it twisted - the fact they keep going back to oldies like Lesnar just shows that their new content isn't as good as it should be.