06-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
06-26-2017, 07:18 PM
So does Rubio and Jokic FWIW.

Leftcoast_yg
06-26-2017, 07:45 PM
This guy is trying to make Lakers fans look stupid by pretending to be one gtfo.

warfelg
06-26-2017, 07:46 PM
He's a good passer but transcendent?

No he's no Nash/CP3

smith&wesson
06-26-2017, 07:47 PM
So do Rondo and Rubio.. question is will Ball be a better shooter ?

PropheticGeius
06-26-2017, 07:49 PM
This guy is trying to make Lakers fans look stupid by pretending to be one gtfo.

I'm honestly curious what non laker fans think about this.

I was born a Laker fan pal.

Heediot
06-26-2017, 07:55 PM

No he's no Nash/CP3

I think he's a transcendent passer, he just has to prove it at the highest level. His vision is that good.

GREATNESS ONE
06-26-2017, 08:19 PM
I think, I've seen it every 10-15 years or so now....

Magic
Kidd/Nash
Lonzo?

You really don't see that kind of court vision talent every year. We'll see if the kid really is that talented and has the cojones to stand up to everyone, because they'll all be gunning.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-26-2017, 08:31 PM
Still think he's the best player in the draft. I think the Lakers got a legit talent.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lakerfan85
06-26-2017, 08:49 PM

No he's no Nash/CP3

How do you know? Doesn't he have to play first?

Heediot
06-26-2017, 09:00 PM
I think, I've seen it every 10-15 years or so now....

Magic
Kidd/Nash
Lonzo?

You really don't see that kind of court vision talent every year. We'll see if the kid really is that talented and has the cojones to stand up to everyone, because they'll all be gunning.

Why no Rubio on the list? Sure he cannot lick a shot, but the guys court vision is insane.

GREATNESS ONE
06-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Why no Rubio on the list? Sure he cannot lick a shot, but the guys court vision is insane.

Really like Rubio, as well as other great PG's in history that I've seen in my 30 years but those 3 come to mind immediately. I think Ball has that 3 ball though, he just seems comfortable from deep deep.

shep33
06-26-2017, 09:05 PM
So do Rondo and Rubio.. question is will Ball be a better shooter ?

Lol, I think he's already a better shooter than both.

But listen, I have no clue how good he's gonna be. Gotta wait and see. But he did hit 2.2 three's per game in college while shooting 41.2%. A lot of those were NBA range threes too.

PropheticGeius
06-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Greatness one. I appreciate the comments but I was really hoping to hear from non laker fans

More-Than-Most
06-26-2017, 09:23 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/rick-pitino-dangelo-russell-is-the-greatest-passer-since-magic-johnson

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-basketball/2015/06/55135/espns-sport-science-breaks-down-dangelo-russells-insane-passing-ability

This is what happens when you become a laker... Instantly you are the best ever at something with the highest potential... Had they taken JJ he would have been the best player in the draft... Had they taken fox he would have had the most potential in the draft... Had they taken Monk he would have been the best shooter ever.... Once you get drafted by the lakers this is what happens.... Lakers will always have their draft picks over valued and free agents will always be expected to sign there... If the Knicks could get out of their own way it would be the same for them because they are the 2 biggest teams in NBA.

Monta is beast
06-26-2017, 09:41 PM
You can be the best passer in the world if you can shoot it really doesn't matter. I don't think he's anything special I think he's overhyped just like d lo was.

Lakers + Giants
06-26-2017, 09:42 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/rick-pitino-dangelo-russell-is-the-greatest-passer-since-magic-johnson

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-basketball/2015/06/55135/espns-sport-science-breaks-down-dangelo-russells-insane-passing-ability

This is what happens when you become a laker... Instantly you are the best ever at something with the highest potential... Had they taken JJ he would have been the best player in the draft... Had they taken fox he would have had the most potential in the draft... Had they taken Monk he would have been the best shooter ever.... Once you get drafted by the lakers this is what happens.... Lakers will always have their draft picks over valued and free agents will always be expected to sign there... If the Knicks could get out of their own way it would be the same for them because they are the 2 biggest teams in NBA.

Lmao, but you were claiming those things about Dlo too...

Chewbacca
06-26-2017, 10:45 PM
I hope he is but honestly I think if anyone can be described as a "transcendent passer" then its Ben Simmons.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Lmao, but you were claiming those things about Dlo too...

and I still am... he is going to be good... he like ball leaves a ton to be desired on defense... ball does not have the vision or shot russ has... ball will actually get a chance unlike russ

lakerfan85
06-27-2017, 12:01 AM
Lol @ vision like Russ had!! Wtf?!

ewing
06-27-2017, 07:33 AM
Court vision is an overrated skill in today's NBA. The floor is so spread who can't see the floor? If you are a good passer and can move the defense, passing angles will be there. Ball clearly has the vision to be an impact passer. The question is can he create pace and move the defense enough in the half court to create assist opportunities

L8kers4life
06-27-2017, 08:06 AM
and I still am... he is going to be good... he like ball leaves a ton to be desired on defense... ball does not have the vision or shot russ has... ball will actually get a chance unlike russ

You sound silly, Ball led the NCAA in assists as a freshman, 56% percent shooter overall, 41% from 3 and 74% in 2 point shots. 1st team all American and wooden award finalist as a true freshman and he is a proven winner. I love Dlo, but don't give me this crap that Dlo has better vision,they are on 2 separate playing fields when it comes to vision, athleticism and playmaking.

warfelg
06-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Court vision is an overrated skill in today's NBA. The floor is so spread who can't see the floor? If you are a good passer and can move the defense, passing angles will be there. Ball clearly has the vision to be an impact passer. The question is can he create pace and move the defense enough in the half court to create assist opportunities

I think the part that's the struggle for every PG and why it takes some time is that NBA athletes are longer and faster than NCAA. If D1 is the top 1% of HS players, the NBA is the top 1% of D1 players. Those windows in college are now peepholes in the NBA. It's why I'm not even expecting great passing from Simmons to start. We shouldn't expect great passing from Ball either. Talk about a good way to be let down.

Step 1 should be to make the right pass. Whether it results in a bucket or it's tipped, making the right pass is more important than making a great pass.

PropheticGeius
06-27-2017, 12:30 PM

Very interesting...

aman_13
06-27-2017, 12:39 PM
I hope he is but honestly I think if anyone can be described as a "transcendent passer" then its Ben Simmons.

+1

8kobe24
06-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Thoughts?

I think you trollin

8kobe24
06-27-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm honestly curious what non laker fans think about this.

I was born a Laker fan pal.

How does one come out of their mama's vag with a Laker jersey on? I would understand if you said "grew up a Laker fan".

Chronz
06-27-2017, 01:11 PM

Sorts but look at a guy like cp3, the floor is cramped for the clips, they don't even have a modern offense, but it's elite Cuz both Blake n cp3 are historically great passers for their position

hugepatsfan
06-27-2017, 01:12 PM
I think he's a tremendous passer. The issue is I don't think he can create passing lanes. He's not one of those guys that breaks a defense down and gets guys open by causing the defense to rotate. He surveys the floor and hits open cutters or guys who break free on the perimeter. He does it with laser like precision.

I actually think he's better as an off ball player in the NBA where someone else runs the PnR, breaks the defense down. And then when he gets the kickout pass he can either spot up (on open shots his slow mechanics are less of an issue than contested shots) or keep the ball moving with a precision pass against a defense that's been broken down.

And then of course in transition he has the handles and passing to be a force.

More-Than-Most
06-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Lol @ vision like Russ had!! Wtf?!

Oh I am sorry... i forgot.. he is no longer a laker so he sucks. He was being talked about the exact way ball is without his stupid father giving him extra attention. Russ was said to have the ability of magic johnson and was the best passer we have seen in decades... does that sound familiar? i gave you 2 of about 100 links. Russ had a great shot and amazing vision and lacked defense... he did damn well his first year as a laker too.

You guys **** on russ but who had a better rookie year him or ingram? yet ingram gets so much love its insane an russ has been the scape goat because of the infatuation with ball.

Russ then puts up 16/5/4 on 41 and 35 pct shooting his 2nd year and again gets the ****** end of the stick. Ball will not have 2 better first years than russ had.. You heard it here.

kingsdelez24
06-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Kobe also said DLo was an "elite playmaker"...

Sssmush
06-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Oh I am sorry... i forgot.. he is no longer a laker so he sucks. He was being talked about the exact way ball is without his stupid father giving him extra attention. Russ was said to have the ability of magic johnson and was the best passer we have seen in decades... does that sound familiar? i gave you 2 of about 100 links. Russ had a great shot and amazing vision and lacked defense... he did damn well his first year as a laker too.

You guys **** on russ but who had a better rookie year him or ingram? yet ingram gets so much love its insane an russ has been the scape goat because of the infatuation with ball.

Russ then puts up 16/5/4 on 41 and 35 pct shooting his 2nd year and again gets the ****** end of the stick. Ball will not have 2 better first years than russ had.. You heard it here.

BOOM

I mean of Ball is better next year thats awesome, but I gotta see it to believe it. Summer League will be a challenge I think

TheIlladelph16
06-27-2017, 06:18 PM
He is a very good passer, that's never really been a question. I'd be more concerned with his goofy shooting motion that's going to get swatted out of the gym by competent NBA defenders.

PropheticGeius
06-27-2017, 06:42 PM
I think he's a tremendous passer. The issue is I don't think he can create passing lanes. He's not one of those guys that breaks a defense down and gets guys open by causing the defense to rotate. He surveys the floor and hits open cutters or guys who break free on the perimeter. He does it with laser like precision.

I actually think he's better as an off ball player in the NBA where someone else runs the PnR, breaks the defense down. And then when he gets the kickout pass he can either spot up (on open shots his slow mechanics are less of an issue than contested shots) or keep the ball moving with a precision pass against a defense that's been broken down.

And then of course in transition he has the handles and passing to be a force.

Exactly what I'm worried about…

I think the NBA has changed from a league dominated by size to a league dominated by quickness.

When I'm looking at the best PG in the league, I'm seeing guys 6 foot two and under for someone like Westbrook who is just freakishly strong and quick for his size.

It will be interesting to see how this all works out for Lonzo...

Cracka2HI!
06-27-2017, 11:07 PM
I'm really liking Pelinka and Magic for entertainment value. We'll see if they know what they're doing. I have my doubts. Pelinka has said things like this in interviews. "The Lakers bring joy all over the world, I once saw a kid in Syria wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey". "Kobe and Vanessa are great, they can help in all situations. Once my daughter cut her finger. What did I do? Called Kobe in Vanessa". Ummmm...he needed to call Kobe to tell him to call 911? He could have called anyone...right? On the topic I love his latest analogy. "Lonzo passes the ball like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers". Uh what? OK. Is he going to be PG for the Lakers or battle Jared Goff?

PurpleLynch
06-28-2017, 07:29 AM
We will see, don't trust a lot the opinion of Pelinka.

He's a very good passer and pure playmaker, but his potential will be locked in his first years, he will need time to adapt to the speed of the Nba. Plus, he has to master the pick'n'roll and pick'n'pop if he wants to have a future in this league as a point guard.

His shooting form is strange and slow, he will need to work on it; also, he has to improve A LOT his free throw shot and create a reliable shot also from midrange.

On defense he has all the tools to become a decent or great defender: tall, good wingspan, athletic, good bball IQ. Right now he could be average at best in the Nba, at least his first year I think he will be torched by opposing point guards.

I'm praying he will be amazing, my Lakers need desperately an upcoming young star as the face of the franchise.

PropheticGeius
07-08-2017, 12:57 AM
O dear

LA_Raiders
07-08-2017, 01:08 AM
He is still very raw. He can pass, but his shooting really sucks. Somebody needs to show the boy the proper way of shooting.

Scoots
07-08-2017, 01:24 AM
1 game.

eDush
07-08-2017, 02:26 AM
I'm really liking Pelinka and Magic for entertainment value. We'll see if they know what they're doing. I have my doubts. Pelinka has said things like this in interviews. "The Lakers bring joy all over the world, I once saw a kid in Syria wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey". "Kobe and Vanessa are great, they can help in all situations. Once my daughter cut her finger. What did I do? Called Kobe in Vanessa". Ummmm...he needed to call Kobe to tell him to call 911? He could have called anyone...right? On the topic I love his latest analogy. "Lonzo passes the ball like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers". Uh what? OK. Is he going to be PG for the Lakers or battle Jared Goff?Well I said Goff was a bust due to his tiny hands and wanted my Niners to draft Dak during that draft but Baalke muck it up by using washed up bust QB to rebuild and finally got canned...food riddance! :facepalm:

PhillySportFan
07-08-2017, 02:55 AM

Of course I'm a bias Sixers fan but that's what I was thinking. He has all the tools and the fact is size does matter. I have nothing against Lonzo but if he's a "transcendent passer" before he enters the league Ben should certainly be considered one as well.

KobeOwnSU
07-08-2017, 03:00 AM
Who keeps letting this guy make threads?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PhillySportFan
07-08-2017, 03:04 AM
Who keeps letting this guy make threads?

lol it is a pretty dumb thread. What GM would draft a guy #2 overall and say he isn't awesome.

mike_noodles
07-08-2017, 06:17 AM
Let's see him play just one game first.

AllBall
07-08-2017, 08:24 AM

The mic has been dropped.

Nothing left to be said.

Mods close this thread!

Jamiecballer
07-08-2017, 10:17 AM
We will see, don't trust a lot the opinion of Pelinka.

He's a very good passer and pure playmaker, but his potential will be locked in his first years, he will need time to adapt to the speed of the Nba. Plus, he has to master the pick'n'roll and pick'n'pop if he wants to have a future in this league as a point guard.

His shooting form is strange and slow, he will need to work on it; also, he has to improve A LOT his free throw shot and create a reliable shot also from midrange.

On defense he has all the tools to become a decent or great defender: tall, good wingspan, athletic, good bball IQ. Right now he could be average at best in the Nba, at least his first year I think he will be torched by opposing point guards.

I'm praying he will be amazing, my Lakers need desperately an upcoming young star as the face of the franchise.His release measures almost as fast as klay Thompson. I think he will be fine

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
07-08-2017, 10:34 AM
He played 32 mins and only had 3 turnovers. It's wasn't all bad.

Shlumpledink
07-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Didn't they say this about D'angelo as well?

daleja424
07-08-2017, 11:49 AM
He does have elite court vision and passing ability... but that doesn't move the needle very much in the NBA these days. You need a lead guard that can score. So there is the question mark for him...

Time will tell.

Sssmush
07-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Didn't they say this about D'angelo as well?

It would be awesome if Magic said this in a press conference

4North
07-08-2017, 02:26 PM
How do you know? Doesn't he have to play first?

How do we know that he isn't a better shooter than Curry or a better defender than Kawhi? We've never seen him play before. We did see him go 2-15 with only 5 assists against future D-League squads and couldn't stay in front of a guy who didn't even make a roster last season.

eDush
07-08-2017, 04:28 PM
How do we know that he isn't a better shooter than Curry or a better defender than Kawhi? We've never seen him play before. We did see him go 2-15 with only 5 assists against future D-League squads and couldn't stay in front of a guy who didn't even make a roster last season.Go back to sleep :nod:

Aust
07-08-2017, 10:22 PM
You can see the passing today with his 11/11/11 game.

Lakers + Giants
07-08-2017, 10:31 PM
You can see the passing today with his 11/11/11 game.

His shooting was still bad but definitely an improvement. Today was promising though. Still, just summer league.

KobeOwnSU
07-08-2017, 10:34 PM
He has a bad game, he's a bust. Puts up a trouble double in the next game, it's just summer league. Can't make this **** up.

Bostonjorge
07-08-2017, 10:56 PM
34 mins with only 4 turnovers and 11 assists.

LA4life24/8
07-08-2017, 11:04 PM
Had some good passes tonight

goingfor28
07-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Trouble double

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jaydubb
07-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Where's that fake laker fan propheticvagina now?

Look it's only summer league but man the overreactions have been insane.. Last night Lonzo played like ****, tonight he put up a triple double, we still don't know what he will do against real nba competition.

So the real question is... Will the real lonzo ball please stand up.. Please stand up.... Please stand up

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

D Blue987
07-08-2017, 11:49 PM

This is laughable. I agree on Lonzo's shot needing work but its not like Russell's shot is picture perfect because it isn't. As for vision, its not even close. There is a reason the Lakers booted Russell for Lonzo and its primarily for this exact thing. His court vision is vastly superior to Russell's in every way. Lonzo is a much better PG prospect than Russell although Russell has better scoring and was the better scorer in college too. How many times did Russell record double digit assists last year? The answer is 2 in 63 games and that is in an uptempo offense that Luke likes to run. Russell may turn into an all star at some point, but I would bet that by the time Lonzo ends his second season in the NBA, people will already think he is going to be better than Russell once both players reach their primes. Lonzo is still raw and clearly needs time.

jaydubb
07-09-2017, 12:14 AM
This is laughable. I agree on Lonzo's shot needing work but its not like Russell's shot is picture perfect because it isn't. As for vision, its not even close. There is a reason the Lakers booted Russell for Lonzo and its primarily for this exact thing. His court vision is vastly superior to Russell's in every way. Lonzo is a much better PG prospect than Russell although Russell has better scoring and was the better scorer in college too. How many times did Russell record double digit assists last year? The answer is 2 in 63 games and that is in an uptempo offense that Luke likes to run. Russell may turn into an all star at some point, but I would bet that by the time Lonzo ends his second season in the NBA, people will already think he is going to be better than Russell once both players reach their primes. Lonzo is still raw and clearly needs time.
^^

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hustla23
07-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Just watched his summer league highlights. I love this dude's game.

Max.This
07-09-2017, 12:39 AM
Even if Russell is not a great pg, he's still a really nice prospect. Why not try pairing lonzo and russell together and see if they can just work off one another instead of shipping him off for crap/ cap space.

JWorthy42
07-09-2017, 12:39 AM
Lonzo's vision is insane, but that shot better stop falling or else he's going to be a lot easier to guard.

Max.This
07-09-2017, 12:42 AM
if he cant find a way to shoot consistently, he'll be a slightly more athletic ricky rubio. Thats not terrible

Balltime
07-09-2017, 01:10 PM
So does Rubio and Jokic FWIW.

key word transcendent

Scoots
07-09-2017, 01:21 PM
From what I've seen he's particularly good at getting the ball up court and to cutters.

Balltime
07-09-2017, 01:29 PM
When you played vs Magic or Kidd etc.. You have to be on your toes on all 94 ft on the court, because they were always looking to make a laser precision pass, exceptional court vision, this kid Ball has it.

D Blue987
07-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Even if Russell is not a great pg, he's still a really nice prospect. Why not try pairing lonzo and russell together and see if they can just work off one another instead of shipping him off for crap/ cap space.

Its primarily because there are some potentially huge names coming out in FA next offseason. Lonzo is the perfect type of point guard to play with those type of players who can finish at the rim and make the wide open shot when Lonzo sets them up. Its clear Lonzo isn't a scorer as much as Fox and Fultz are but that isn't necessarily a bad thing if you pair him with elite players in the league. IDK if it is going to work out for the Lakers but clearly that is their plan and Mozgov's contract prevented the Lakers from pursuing multiple star players in FA.

Philly Hammer
07-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Lonzo Ball sucks he's an overhyped piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D Blue987
07-09-2017, 02:32 PM

Thank you for that intelligent contribution to this thread. Don't know where we would be without it...

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Thank you for that intelligent contribution to this thread. Don't know where we would be without it...

He's just mad because Philly will have the best Wheel Chair team in Baskteball. :laugh2:

KobeOwnSU
07-09-2017, 03:04 PM
How's that ankle bro?

Bostonjorge
07-09-2017, 03:06 PM

Fultz is already hurt. In Philly any kind of injury means your out for remainder of season. Even tho it's July.

eDush
07-09-2017, 04:29 PM
How's that ankle bro?

Sent from my SM-G935V using TapatalkYou better not go there :(

Scoots
07-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Stay on topic please.

Balltime
07-09-2017, 09:22 PM
The thing with Ball is he can pass the ball with either hand. There was one pass from Ball last game, where he just flicked his wrist (a little after half court) and made a pass with some velocity on it , a bounce pass by the basket for an easy score. That was pretty sick.

IKnowHoops
07-09-2017, 11:18 PM

if he cant find a way to shoot consistently, he'll be a slightly more athletic ricky rubio. Thats not terrible

Dude. You exposed yourself as a hater because your upset Russell got traded away. That's enough.

And Lakers are hoping to get and there way combo of PG13/Westbrook/Lbj. There is no room for Russell.

They need a guy who is going to distribute to those guys.

Russell's immaturity alone was enough to get rid of him. He's a Simp. Nobody wants to play with a Simp.

IKnowHoops
07-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Fultz is already hurt. In Philly any kind of injury means your out for remainder of season. Even tho it's July.

Lolololol. Hoping the best for philly but this was funny.

IKnowHoops
07-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Ball looked like a player everyone would want to play with. A hell of a lot more athletic and ferocious than Ricky Rubio. I think he can be a 6'6" Jason Kid who can easily finish above the rim.

When I think ceiling I think if Kidd and Penny had a baby, they created Lonzo. I like Lonzo

Scoots
07-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Ball looked like a player everyone would want to play with. A hell of a lot more athletic and ferocious than Ricky Rubio. I think he can be a 6'6" Jason Kid who can easily finish above the rim.

When I think ceiling I think if Kidd and Penny had a baby, they created Lonzo. I like Lonzo

That's an extremely optimistic take with little basis in actual fact. And I like Lonzo.

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2017, 12:09 AM
"Kidd and Penny had a baby, they created Lonzo" :laugh2:

Classic!

D Blue987
07-10-2017, 01:20 AM
"Kidd and Penny had a baby, they created Lonzo" :laugh2:

Classic!

Like that final scene in game of zones lmao!

IKnowHoops
07-10-2017, 02:02 AM
That's an extremely optimistic take with little basis in actual fact. And I like Lonzo.

Ceiling = Extremely optimismtic

Basis = Pretty spectacular freshman year of college with many play making and above the rim highlights.

:shrug:

Sssmush
07-10-2017, 03:28 AM

LoL all of this is pure hype, pure emotion.

Emotion on the negative side when Russell is a "simp" and "traitor" an "immature" a this or a that. You don't like his haircut or his expression or whatever etc etc

Emotion on the positive side with Lonzo, that he will be a "leader" and "ferocious" and "heroic" and a "facilitator" and has "vision" and "transcendent passing" and blah blah blah what a bunch of bull ****

I mean Lonzo is a nice player. Like I said his ceiling might be a unique Steph Curry type of player if his shot develops in the NBA and the handle develops to the next level.

But all these words and narratives pumped out by the Laker hype machine and then parroted through talk radio and then into forums like these and presented as arguments for why Lonzo is such a greater player than Russell is ridiculous. I just thought I'd point that out.

If Lonzo is gonna become a SUPERSTAR, then he will have to do that on that court, night after night like a machine testing his excellence. Not one game, not one season, not one playoffs... but hundreds of games, hundreds of tests.

Russell is not a player to be dismissed out of hand. He is an excellent talent and takes a very serious approach to the game. He appears to be very clean living and hard working. He is very skilled in nuances of the game and has come far in his pick and roll development in two full NBA seasons. He is known to be a very pure shooter and although he has only shot appx 35% from three in two seasons so far, if something clicks for him or he starts getting hot we all know it is so easy and suddenly it is 45%.

So I will be interested to see how both of these players do and will watch both of these players.

The developing narrative seemed to be that Lonzo's surprising promise bails out Magic and Pelinka's ineptitude and miscalculation (no way they're getting PG13 without a sign and trade after the season we're about to have), however I can't say that because the Kuzma and Bryant picks seem to be amazing value, and the Hart pick is really good as well.

But yeah I'm happy that Lonzo is looking like a player but let's pump the brakes on trashing Russell on his way out the door, because we could all be looking like major ****ing donkeys in six months or a year.

ewing
07-10-2017, 07:43 AM

Were you alive when either of those guys were freshmen in college?

warfelg
07-10-2017, 08:38 AM

Agreed. It's SL right now and a ton of his "highlight" passes have been in fastbreaks to wide open teammates.

Not to say he isn't making good passes, but man. People are putting way too much stock in summer league.

Scoots
07-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Ceiling = Extremely optimismtic

Basis = Pretty spectacular freshman year of college with many play making and above the rim highlights.

:shrug:

I suppose, but Lonzo isn't as strong or physical as Kidd, Kidd also ran his team on the offensive and defensive end which I haven't seen from Lonzo yet, nor is he as athletic, smooth, fast, or as good a shooter as Penny ... so IF he gets there it will be a long journey.

Using your logic Lauri Markkanen's ceiling is a mix of Hakeem and Dirk.

LA4life24/8
07-10-2017, 09:40 AM
He can get as strong as kid. Thats just weight room and proper eating and being in the nba. That'll come. His shot is gonna start falling the more comfortable he gets and in better nba shape. He may never have any type of pull up game but thats okay he'll work around it. He'll get better at finishing at the rim.

Im not saying hes gonna be a hybrid of those two (although i do kinda like the analogy lol) but i do think hes gonna be pretty frikkin good

hugepatsfan
07-10-2017, 09:56 AM

You act like his real father isn't a better version of MJ

IKnowHoops
07-10-2017, 10:15 AM
LoL all of this is pure hype, pure emotion.

Emotion on the negative side when Russell is a "simp" and "traitor" an "immature" a this or a that. You don't like his haircut or his expression or whatever etc etc

Emotion on the positive side with Lonzo, that he will be a "leader" and "ferocious" and "heroic" and a "facilitator" and has "vision" and "transcendent passing" and blah blah blah what a bunch of bull ****

I mean Lonzo is a nice player. Like I said his ceiling might be a unique Steph Curry type of player if his shot develops in the NBA and the handle develops to the next level.

But all these words and narratives pumped out by the Laker hype machine and then parroted through talk radio and then into forums like these and presented as arguments for why Lonzo is such a greater player than Russell is ridiculous. I just thought I'd point that out.

If Lonzo is gonna become a SUPERSTAR, then he will have to do that on that court, night after night like a machine testing his excellence. Not one game, not one season, not one playoffs... but hundreds of games, hundreds of tests.

Russell is not a player to be dismissed out of hand. He is an excellent talent and takes a very serious approach to the game. He appears to be very clean living and hard working. He is very skilled in nuances of the game and has come far in his pick and roll development in two full NBA seasons. He is known to be a very pure shooter and although he has only shot appx 35% from three in two seasons so far, if something clicks for him or he starts getting hot we all know it is so easy and suddenly it is 45%.

So I will be interested to see how both of these players do and will watch both of these players.

The developing narrative seemed to be that Lonzo's surprising promise bails out Magic and Pelinka's ineptitude and miscalculation (no way they're getting PG13 without a sign and trade after the season we're about to have), however I can't say that because the Kuzma and Bryant picks seem to be amazing value, and the Hart pick is really good as well.

But yeah I'm happy that Lonzo is looking like a player but let's pump the brakes on trashing Russell on his way out the door, because we could all be looking like major ****ing donkeys in six months or a year.

Don't like his haircut? Your joking? The mofo recorded his homie talking about his cheating on his girl, then posted it to the internet. Hey maybe that's a cool homie move in your book. Maybe you are also a Simp. But yes that is the epitome of being a Simp. That gets your homie card revoked forever in any team, group of friends, etc that I have ever been in. Actual that would of got your a-- kicked by everyone. Maybe your generation thinks that is a cool move, or at the least a forgivable one but you have to be some type of dumb--- to do something like that and thus you could never be the leader of any team, post player sellout mode had occurred. Straight Simp --- buster.

ewing
07-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Can we get a translator?

LA4life24/8
07-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Don't like his haircut? Your joking? The mofo recorded his homie talking about his cheating on his girl, then posted it to the internet. Hey maybe that's a cool homie move in your book. Maybe you are also a Simp. But yes that is the epitome of being a Simp. That gets your homie card revoked forever in any team, group of friends, etc that I have ever been in. Actual that would of got your a-- kicked by everyone. Maybe your generation thinks that is a cool move, or at the least a forgivable one but you have to be some type of dumb--- to do something like that and thus you could never be the leader of any team, post player sellout mode had occurred. Straight Simp --- buster.

I think that happening is the biggest reason tp trade him. No big time guys are gonna wanna come to la knowing hes here. Simple as that. Dudes dont wanna play w a dude like that be around him hang out etc. Is dlo a pretty decent player? Yeah hes okay and likely gets better, but that kinda **** doesnt go away unless your like top 5-10 nba talent which he'll never be.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 12:28 PM
I will admit I haven't watched him play a ton. But he doesn't seem athletic enough, or a good enough shooter to me. I don't get the hype..

IKnowHoops
07-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Can we get a translator?

You may want to think about taking some night classes at your local CC if you are having comprehension problems son.

IKnowHoops
07-10-2017, 12:36 PM
I will admit I haven't watched him play a ton. But he doesn't seem athletic enough, or a good enough shooter to me. I don't get the hype..

He's above the rim with ease. Catches oops from all over. He's a much better athlete than Kidd or Rubio. I don't get the "lack of athletic ability" knock.

Balltime
07-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Yup, watch all the alley oops jams in college, kid has athletism

ewing
07-10-2017, 01:19 PM
You may want to think about taking some night classes at your local CC if you are having comprehension problems son.

CC students don't talk like that

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 01:35 PM
He's above the rim with ease. Catches oops from all over. He's a much better athlete than Kidd or Rubio. I don't get the "lack of athletic ability" knock.

considering I haven't seen anything elite speed or quickness wise from Ball, don't even mention him in the same breath as Kidd athletically......

Kidd is one of the fastest 2-3 players I have ever seen end to end with the ball in his hands. Ball is nothing like that.

But that is my point. If Rubio is what he ends up being for instance, that isn't saving a franchise. Not even close, and I am a Rubio fan.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Yup, watch all the alley oops jams in college, kid has athletism

everything he did positively came in transition. You don't get that in the NBA. His lateral quickness is average, at best from what I can tell. He won't be able to shoot going right until he breaks down that form entirely either.

Firefistus
07-10-2017, 01:40 PM
I've been watching his Summer League games, and he's a really good passer, but he's not as good as Jason Kid was IMO. And Kid wasn't as good as Stockton was, who is the league leader by a long ways in assists. He'll continue to work and get better, but right now he's just not exceptionally good at passing.

One thing I did really like about him though, was his ability to transition well with the pass. I feel like that has been dying in the league and it's nice to see someone do it again.

LA4life24/8
07-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Zo is actually a lot more athletic than people (myself included) give him credit for. He doesnt have elite hops or quickness but hes fast and fluid and moves around the court w ease.

Hes never gonna be posterizing people or just aboslutely burning by the elite defenders or hyper athletic guards (rw wall etc) but the dude is way crafty and he can get to the rim. His size for his position is pretty close to elite and that will help him a lot. He has good footwork and when he adds some mucsle he can take smaller guards down on the block and post em if need be. He had a really good post up vs a smaller guard on the celtics.

Again its SL i know trying not to get too ahead of myself for sure

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 01:52 PM
I've been watching his Summer League games, and he's a really good passer, but he's not as good as Jason Kid was IMO. And Kid wasn't as good as Stockton was, who is the league leader by a long ways in assists. He'll continue to work and get better, but right now he's just not exceptionally good at passing.

One thing I did really like about him though, was his ability to transition well with the pass. I feel like that has been dying in the league and it's nice to see someone do it again.

I noticed that too. Love is great for a big man, but how many guards do you see that initiate faster pace buckets with quick, on time, smart throw ahead passes anymore?

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 01:53 PM
yeah Jonny Flynn looked good in SL. SL is all about guards, ie, the ones who dribble all day. If a player shows any weaknesses in SL, they are going to look 100 times as bad in real basketball

Scoots
07-10-2017, 02:15 PM
He can get as strong as kid. Thats just weight room and proper eating and being in the nba. That'll come. His shot is gonna start falling the more comfortable he gets and in better nba shape. He may never have any type of pull up game but thats okay he'll work around it. He'll get better at finishing at the rim.

Im not saying hes gonna be a hybrid of those two (although i do kinda like the analogy lol) but i do think hes gonna be pretty frikkin good

Right, the only difference between KD and Shaq is some more time in the weight room. Chances are Lonzo will never be as strong and physical as Kidd. It's not a problem, that's not his game ... it's just to illustrate that it's not a great comparison.

Sactown
07-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Lonzo definitely struggled to break down a defense because his lack of laterally speed in the half court. He's great in transition, but because of his release and lack of speed, I think he'll have a hard time creating in the half court.

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Here comes HawkEye hating on a player he never/barely watches or has seen.

Your Laker hating bias goggles are hilarious and I don't know how anyone can take your opinion on anything Lakers related.

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Lonzo definitely struggled to break down a defense because his lack of laterally speed in the half court. He's great in transition, but because of his release and lack of speed, I think he'll have a hard time creating in the half court.

Enjoy watching him play against your team tonight :)

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Here comes HawkEye hating on a player he never/barely watches or has seen.

Your Laker hating bias goggles are hilarious and I don't know how anyone can take your opinion on anything Lakers related.

I watched him a bit in college, but college is tough to gauge, and his team ran a lot. When I was watching more, he didn't seen laterally that quick. His shot is easy to see it has major issues.

It's not just me. His scouting report lists athleticism as a concern. In the SL minutes I watched, he was getting beat off the dribble pretty easily. And that isn't Curry/Westbrook he is guarding.

I just don't (never did) get the hype. He has a lot of skill as a passer/playmaker. But he probably needs to guard the weaker, slower back court player, his scoring will be an issue, because he won't be great off the dribble, and isn't fast enough to get to the rim with ease. I just don't see such a high upside on him.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Enjoy watching him play against your team tonight :)

it's summer league. Does anyone seriously take SL with anything more than a grain of salt?

D Blue987
07-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Everybody in this draft is going to be a bust! Probably not true but I can throw it out there! Lonzo can't score in the half court and never will learn how to be a decent defender ever! Fox can't hit a 3 to save his life or shoot off his weak side! Fultz ankles are made of glass might as well keep the ambulance on standby! JJ isn't a good enough ball handler to play in the league! Tatum is a ball hog me first player who doesn't pass to a teammate and will force up a weak shot! MIGHT AS WELL JUST DECLARE THEM ALL BUSTS! lmao!

Firefistus
07-10-2017, 03:41 PM
it's summer league. Does anyone seriously take SL with anything more than a grain of salt?

Exactly, this is just where they're at right now. They will continue to grow the next year and in 4 years when their rookie deals are up we'll see who continued to work hard to improve and who didn't.

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2017, 03:45 PM

I was in Vegas this weekend and both Friday and Saturday was a packed house, first time it sold out in 14/15years. 90% Lakers fans, it was epic.

It's definitely only Summerleague, plenty of time to go for all these young players to grow and get better.

LonzoMania is here.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 03:50 PM
I watched him a bit in college, but college is tough to gauge, and his teamSG'S a lot. When I was watching more, he didn't seen laterally that quick. His shot is easy to see it has major issues.

It's not just me. His scouting report lists athleticism as a concern. In the SL minutes I watched, he was getting beat off the dribble pretty easily. And that isn't Curry/Westbrook he is guarding.

I just don't (never did) get the hype. He has a lot of skill as a passer/playmaker. But he probably needs to guard the weaker, slower back court player, his scoring will be an issue, because he won't be great off the dribble, and isn't fast enough to get to the rim with ease. I just don't see such a high upside on him.

He might not be that quick latterly but he has a great vertical and straight line speed. He is probably better suited to guard SG's because of his size, but you clearly haven't really seen him play.

His shot from isn't ideal but he gets it off quick so that helps. Also made his 3's at a great clip and took a lot from NBA range.

Comparing his SL to the Twolves mistake in Flynn doesn't make it true, just shows you really don't know a lot about Lonzo.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 04:08 PM
He might not be that quick latterly but he has a great vertical and straight line speed. He is probably better suited to guard SG's because of his size, but you clearly haven't really seen him play.

His shot from isn't ideal but he gets it off quick so that helps. Also made his 3's at a great clip and took a lot from NBA range.

Comparing his SL to the Twolves mistake in Flynn doesn't make it true, just shows you really don't know a lot about Lonzo.

I already said I haven't watched him a ton. And I also said, I don't see the athletic ability necessary to be a dominant guard. His shot isn't at the point he can make up for lack of quickness/separation. First step is way more important in basketball than straight line speed.

I just don't get the hype is all. Maybe he turns out great. I don't see a lot that jumps out to me personally.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 04:11 PM
I was in Vegas this weekend and both Friday and Saturday was a packed house, first time it sold out in 14/15years. 90% Lakers fans, it was epic.

It's definitely only Summerleague, plenty of time to go for all these young players to grow and get better.

LonzoMania is here.

I mean, that is cool and everything. But it's summer league.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Everybody in this draft is going to be a bust! Probably not true but I can throw it out there! Lonzo can't score in the half court and never will learn how to be a decent defender ever! Fox can't hit a 3 to save his life or shoot off his weak side! Fultz ankles are made of glass might as well keep the ambulance on standby! JJ isn't a good enough ball handler to play in the league! Tatum is a ball hog me first player who doesn't pass to a teammate and will force up a weak shot! MIGHT AS WELL JUST DECLARE THEM ALL BUSTS! lmao!

probably more accurate than declaring them all future HOF'ers, which is what many do here on accident

Sssmush
07-10-2017, 04:46 PM

Oh, right, ok. Russell is a "simp" because you don't like the joke video somebody stole off his phone and leaked to social media. Yeah that's not emotional, that's just your big reason for us trading away the #2 pick in the draft for "cap room" that would barely give us space to sign a KCP or other marginal player who doesnt even want to come here.

Everybody clowns Russell because he's upset he got traded because he wanted so badly to be a Laker.

You're just so full of bull**** it's ridiculous. It's fine though you dont know, it's just your emotions, that's the "narrative."

Sssmush
07-10-2017, 04:48 PM
I already said I haven't watched him a ton. And I also said, I don't see the athletic ability necessary to be a dominant guard. His shot isn't at the point he can make up for lack of quickness/separation. First step is way more important in basketball than straight line speed.

I just don't get the hype is all. Maybe he turns out great. I don't see a lot that jumps out to me personally.

Wow that is a sobering assessment, coming from you.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 04:56 PM

People that get paid a lot of money to figure it out and his numbers obviously don't agree with your opinion though, especially not having watched him play. He gets into the lane easily when asked to do so and he finishes with both hands at an elite level. He is pass 1st so he isn't going to be a 20 ppg scorer, he probably tops out between 15 and 18 ppg in the NBA.

You make it seem as though Jason Kidd was some elite quick PG that could get to the rim when he wanted. He wasn't, he was great in the open court and pushing the pace like Lonzo is. Kidd never hit the 45% FG mark in his career and was in the low 40s most of his career. Lonzo projects to be a better finisher and shooter than Kidd. Lonzo need to show what he can do out of the pick and roll, UCLA didn't run much so we need to see what he can do. Kidd was an elite passers out of the pick and roll and that is probably the only are Kidd was ahead of Lonzo as a rookie, but Kidd was also a 21 year old rookie that shot 38%.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2017, 05:04 PM
People that get paid a lot of money to figure it out and his numbers obviously don't agree with your opinion though, especially not having watched him play. He gets into the lane easily when asked to do so and he finishes with both hands at an elite level. He is pass 1st so he isn't going to be a 20 ppg scorer, he probably tops out between 15 and 18 ppg in the NBA.

You make it seem as though Jason Kidd was some elite quick PG that could get to the rim when he wanted. He wasn't, he was great in the open court and pushing the pace like Lonzo is. Kidd never hit the 45% FG mark in his career and was in the low 40s most of his career. Lonzo projects to be a better finisher and shooter than Kidd. Lonzo need to show what he can do out of the pick and roll, UCLA didn't run much so we need to see what he can do. Kidd was an elite passers out of the pick and roll and that is probably the only are Kidd was ahead of Lonzo as a rookie, but Kidd was also a 21 year old rookie that shot 38%.

considering that high picks flop all the time, the people being paid to do this aren't that great at it either...

Kidd was quick enough, and much stronger, meaning his straight line speed mattered more than it would for a thin guy. He also played in a different era (no zone), where floor spacing wasn't as important, so that weakness in his game wasn't a killer.

Ball has to refine his shot, it won't work going right off the dribble as is. Hell Mike Miller totally broke down his shot and became an awesome shooter, not like it doesn't happen.

It seems like any pass first, poor scoring PG automatically gets a Jason Kidd comparison. Which is kind of odd to me. I personally see Rubio more when I watch him. But, we will be able to tell better when he plays against NBA players, with NBA players.

I don't think you see a good rookie season from Ball. Too much to improve on. But, that isn't that uncommon in PG's, the toughest position to learn.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 05:13 PM
considering that high picks flop all the time, the people being paid to do this aren't that great at it either...

Kidd was quick enough, and much stronger, meaning his straight line speed mattered more than it would for a thin guy. He also played in a different era (no zone), where floor spacing wasn't as important, so that weakness in his game wasn't a killer.

Ball has to refine his shot, it won't work going right off the dribble as is. Hell Mike Miller totally broke down his shot and became an awesome shooter, not like it doesn't happen.

It seems like any pass first, poor scoring PG automatically gets a Jason Kidd comparison. Which is kind of odd to me. I personally see Rubio more when I watch him. But, we will be able to tell better when he plays against NBA players, with NBA players.

I don't think you see a good rookie season from Ball. Too much to improve on. But, that isn't that uncommon in PG's, the toughest position to learn.

Kidd wad bigger and stronger because he was like 21 years old.

PurpleLynch
07-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Ball vs Fox will be interesting.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Ball vs Fox will be interesting.
Ball isn't playing tonight. None of the Lakers rookies are.

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2017, 06:10 PM

Great post. He has Laker hater goggles. His bias ways are hilarious when discussingLaker basketball, he's been that way for years.

Sssmush
07-10-2017, 06:58 PM

I do see something interesting about Ball though, cant quite put my finger on it.

As I've said I think the Steph Curry projection for upper ceiling is more valid. Jason Kidd seems way off for sevral reasons.

I mean Ball has some weird abilites, but for that to equal "superstar" is a longshot. Again if the shot becomes unreal and can just get around with elite speed and night on night out be David slaying Goliath, then that transcendent player would look more like a Curry I think

Jamiecballer
07-10-2017, 07:25 PM

his release is as quick as almost anyone in the league. it looks ugly, but according to the science of sport it's milliseconds off Klay Thompsons.

Scoots
07-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Kidd wad bigger and stronger because he was like 21 years old.

He wasn't 21 when he was a freshman at Cal, and he was still stronger and more physical. They are just different.

Lonzo looks like he could be great, but let's not jump to conclusions.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 08:23 PM
He wasn't 21 when he was a freshman at Cal, and he was still stronger and more physical. They are just different.

Lonzo looks like he could be great, but let's not jump to conclusions.

There body type doesn't have to be the same. Lonzo is still going to add weight. He is taller than Kidd but probably won't be as bulky. That muscle didn't really give Kidd and advantages early in his career. He developed somewhat of a post up game later. Nobody said they are the same, but they do have similarities in there game and Lonzo was even better than Kidd at the same age. Kidd didn't get the ultra hype until his 2nd year at Cal.

Philly Hammer
07-10-2017, 11:44 PM
Fultz had 8 points before leaving game at the end of first or early in 2nd qtr? Ball had 11 points in 4 qtrs., his last score was a garbage gimme slam that nobody even bothered to challenge on defense.
I am ready to call him Lonzo Wall because he throws so many bricks up there..Trump can hire Lonzo to build the wall with all those bricks.

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Hey how is Fultz? Did he get the right size crutches or did Embiid let him borrow his?

:laugh2:

JWorthy42
07-11-2017, 01:25 AM
When Lonzo is on the floor, he is in full control of the game offensively. Thats not something an average NBA player at the guard position can do.

If Lonzo ball does not sustain any major injuries, he will average the following in his prime:

17PPG 12APG 6RPG

Write it down, quote me, whatever.

Philly Hammer
07-11-2017, 01:28 AM
Lonzo is a disaster Magic sitting him to protect his confidence against Fox. Fox is better player then Lonzo hands down. Fox was gonna roast lonzo tonight. Smart move to claim a sore hammy so the hype can continue a few more months until we see his electrifying shooting skills lmfao.

Balltime
07-11-2017, 01:35 AM
Lakers will be bad, but Lonzo will help elevate this team to it's potential. He play's the game the right way. Not many do in today's time, when everyone get's involved, everyone is happy, they play harder on both ends of the floor.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 01:50 AM
CC students don't talk like that

They comprehend it though.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 01:53 AM
everything he did positively came in transition. You don't get that in the NBA. His lateral quickness is average, at best from what I can tell. He won't be able to shoot going right until he breaks down that form entirely either.

Never remember seein kid dunk let alone catch an alley-oop. Ball is a much better athlete than kid. I can name 10guys faster than kid.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 01:55 AM
I noticed that too. Love is great for a big man, but how many guards do you see that initiate faster pace buckets with quick, on time, smart throw ahead passes anymore?

Dunn did that ---- all the time. Started last game of season got 16 assists. You'll see Hawk.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 02:20 AM
Oh, right, ok. Russell is a "simp" because you don't like the joke video somebody stole off his phone and leaked to social media. Yeah that's not emotional, that's just your big reason for us trading away the #2 pick in the draft for "cap room" that would barely give us space to sign a KCP or other marginal player who doesnt even want to come here.

Everybody clowns Russell because he's upset he got traded because he wanted so badly to be a Laker.

You're just so full of bull**** it's ridiculous. It's fine though you dont know, it's just your emotions, that's the "narrative."

Your in denial bruh. Magic traded him for that exact reason. Yeah I'm sure somebody stole it from his phone. Yeah cute joke. That's the leader I want. Somebody who jokes around with my marriage and then gets me divorced. Dude, you must of hung out with some b------ if you think that is ok. Who does that s---. I don't hate his game at all. But he is a little boy.

Sssmush
07-11-2017, 02:47 AM
Your in denial bruh. Magic traded him for that exact reason. Yeah I'm sure somebody stole it from his phone. Yeah cute joke. That's the leader I want. Somebody who jokes around with my marriage and then gets me divorced. Dude, you must of hung out with some b------ if you think that is ok. Who does that s---. I don't hate his game at all. But he is a little boy.

words, just words.

Tell you what, when the season gets rolling we'll look at some scoreboards and then after a while we'll look at some stats and then after a while longer we'll see if PG13 takes a discount to come to the Lakers in free agency.

Magic's got some runway so we'll just see. Personally I think Russell was our statistical best player and would've been a better SG or backup point guard than Hart or Nwaba. But ooooh yeah he is a little boy with a haircut you don't like. Ok yeah got it.

Like I also think Lou Williams was a better shooter and scorer than anybody currently on our roster and only cost us $7m a year for the next 3 years, but we dumped him to Houston for some sweet, sweet cap room that I don't know maybe we can throw at Paul George who can get way more from OKC.

Also we let Swaggy out the door, who is also a better scorer and shooter than anybody on our roster.

So yeah they were all little boys and simps and not awesome ferocious leaders like Lonzo Ball. What a bunch of bull****.

Anyhow so your team of ferocious manly leader men full of honor and manly dignity and old school pride in old school Laker traditions and transcendent vision and ferocious competitive championship fire can just go out there and get pounded for 70+ losses this year probably

JAZZNC
07-11-2017, 02:50 AM
I think the highest probability outcome is neither Ball nor Russell become anything special.

And the crap about Kidd not dunking or whatever, that is completely irrelevant, I mean who uses that to evaluate players!?!? I never saw Stockton dunk or catch an alley oop but bet ya Ball doesn't sniff the greatness of Kidd or Stockton. I'd say Ball is average at best athletically for a guy his size so he is certainly no Penny and he's definitely not Kidd. Probably Rubio without the defense.

JAZZNC
07-11-2017, 02:52 AM
words, just words.

Tell you what, when the season gets rolling we'll look at some scoreboards and then after a while we'll look at some stats and then after a while longer we'll see if PG13 takes a discount to come to the Lakers in free agency.

Magic's got some runway so we'll just see. Personally I think Russell was our statistical best player and would've been a better SG or backup point guard than Hart or Nwaba. But ooooh yeah he is a little boy with a haircut you don't like. Ok yeah got it.

Like I also think Lou Williams was a better shooter and scorer than anybody currently on our roster and only cost us $7m a year for the next 3 years, but we dumped him to Houston for some sweet, sweet cap room that I don't know maybe we can throw at Paul George who can get way more from OKC.

Also we let Swaggy out the door, who is also a better scorer and shooter than anybody on our roster.

So yeah they were all little boys and simps and not awesome ferocious leaders like Lonzo Ball. What a bunch of bull****.

Anyhow so your team of ferocious manly leader men full of honor and manly dignity and old school pride in old school Laker traditions and transcendent vision and ferocious competitive championship fire can just go out there and get pounded for 70+ losses this year probably

Do you even know what you're talking about? Serious question.

GoferKing_
07-11-2017, 03:41 AM
Another gold by IKHoooooooops.xD

Sssmush
07-11-2017, 04:59 AM
Do you even know what you're talking about? Serious question.

what do you think?

Philly Hammer
07-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Hey how is Fultz? Did he get the right size crutches or did Embiid let him borrow his?

:laugh2:No instead he decided to borrow crutches from Julius Randle:laugh2:

JAZZNC
07-11-2017, 05:49 AM
what do you think?
No.

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 09:22 AM
No instead he decided to borrow crutches from Julius Randle:laugh2:

Well they are gonna need 3 sets :laugh2: one for Fultz, Embiid and Simmons!!! LOL

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 09:22 AM
No.

Lol Smush is ****ing crazy and no one knows what he's talking about half the time. It's quite common in the Lakers Forum :laugh2:

LA4life24/8
07-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Right, the only difference between KD and Shaq is some more time in the weight room. Chances are Lonzo will never be as strong and physical as Kidd. It's not a problem, that's not his game ... it's just to illustrate that it's not a great comparison.

Lol cmon dude. Thats not even a close analogy and you know it. Shaq and KD dont play the same position dont have a similar skill set are basically polar opposite on the bball court.

Kidd and ball have a lot of similar traits one is just more defensively inclined than the other. Defense can be taught to a degree. Will he ever be the defender kidd was? Probably not but he can improve.
Also Look how much stronger ingram is after 1 year in the league... lonzo could add some serious muscle to that frame. Look at his dad. Lavar is a big thick dude. So the genes are there to add some muscle. Zo is still only 19 as well.

PurpleLynch
07-11-2017, 09:36 AM
No.

Thank you man :up: this guy is,let's say, "well known" for his "extreme" opinions in the Lakers forum.

LA4life24/8
07-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Everyones gonna doubt him its okay. I wasnt 100% sold on picking him at all but i think in the long run its gonna have been a very good pick, and the lakers are gonna be just fine having picked zo. The only other pick in sl im more sold on atm is tatum (big surprisr for me i had serious doubts about him) but that dudes offensivr game is hella polished. And hes gonna have an easier adjustment period being on a #1 seed celtics team where hes seriously not gonna have to be relied on to do much but score.

Buuut in the long run will he be better than zo? At scoring obviously lol but all around game and impact, time will tell.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2017, 09:57 AM
I do see something interesting about Ball though, cant quite put my finger on it.

As I've said I think the Steph Curry projection for upper ceiling is more valid. Jason Kidd seems way off for sevral reasons.

I mean Ball has some weird abilites, but for that to equal "superstar" is a longshot. Again if the shot becomes unreal and can just get around with elite speed and night on night out be David slaying Goliath, then that transcendent player would look more like a Curry I think

I think Ball has a unique vision of the game, I just don't think he has the athletic tools to dominate.

Hawkeye15
Never remember seein kid dunk let alone catch an alley-oop. Ball is a much better athlete than kid. I can name 10guys faster than kid.

Gerald Green could dunk with his penis. How did that turn out for him?

Hawkeye15
Dunn did that ---- all the time. Started last game of season got 16 assists. You'll see Hawk.

Dunn sucks.

warfelg
07-11-2017, 10:00 AM

I mean...we all can do that :rimshot:

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Dunk it in your mouth? :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
07-11-2017, 10:03 AM

hahaha

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 10:05 AM
:laugh:

Sorry had too, you set it up!

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 10:12 AM
words, just words.

I love his haircut. It is professionally done. Don't like a player hater/ home wrecker/ infant child as my teammate. Keep pushing your agenda but dude is a certified Simp. No real dudes want him around. Feel sorry for you that you don't get that. Says a lot about you.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Another gold by IKHoooooooops.xD

Get back in your hole. We aren't talking about how you got nada for cousins. We don't need to hear your heartbroken rants.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 10:20 AM

I'm not saying athletics equal hall of fame. Just that he is a better athlete than Kid.

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Dunn sucks.

Boom!

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Lolol

cmellofan15
07-11-2017, 11:05 AM
Wow nobody's talking about how Ball is running away from Fox? I wonder if they'll sit him in the regular season when they match up lmao

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Wow nobody's talking about how Ball is running away from Fox? I wonder if they'll sit him in the regular season when they match up lmao

Another dummy lol

GoferKing_
07-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Get back in your hole. We aren't talking about how you got nada for cousins. We don't need to hear your heartbroken rants.

You are a classic dude.:laugh:

GoferKing_
07-11-2017, 05:13 PM

They will sign Caruso for those 4 games.xD

LA4life24/8
07-11-2017, 05:32 PM
They will sign Caruso for those 4 games.xD

Boooom
They had to sit him the last qtr and a half cuz caruso was too much for him 😂😂😅

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Boooom

:laugh2: he got crossed over so hard he went to the bench and iced his ankle :laugh2:

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 08:23 PM
You are a classic dude.:laugh:

Bet ur the only one who thought that was funny. Oh well, certainly not the first time you were the only one who thought a certain way. Cough cough cousins.

Balltime
07-12-2017, 12:12 AM
The thing with ball is he is always wanting to play hot potato with that ball. He moves he ball, instead of wasted dribbles. I love this kid's game. I think he will be an assist monster with his exceptional court vision. With the way Luke and that ball boy like to push the pace, he is going to put up huge assist numbers , especially with upgraded talent around him.

GoferKing_
07-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Boooom

Exactly. xD

GoferKing_
07-12-2017, 02:30 AM
Bet ur the only one who thought that was funny. Oh well, certainly not the first time you were the only one who thought a certain way. Cough cough cousins.

Yep yep. :laugh:

Tell me how is trading Love for Boogie going, or getting Buttler, or George, or Jordan.:laugh:

IKnowHoops
07-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Yep yep. :laugh:

Tell me how is trading Love for Boogie going, or getting Buttler, or George, or Jordan.:laugh:

Cavs were in the finals. Neither Kings nor Cousins made playoffs. Going much better for me than for you lol

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-12-2017, 03:17 PM
If Fox learns how to be more consistent with his jumper, Ball will never be as good as him.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 03:21 PM
If Fox learns how to be more consistent with his jumper, Ball will never be as good as him.

Ball is already better. Fox will never be as good a passer. Court vision isn't learned and there is a reason Fox went 5th instead of 1, 2, 3,or 4.

Ball will never be as good. Lol. He is already better.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Fox in 3 games has 9 assist. Fox's Ast/TO ratio is almost 1/1 !!!!! Lonzo's is close to 4/1!

More-Than-Most
07-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Fox in 3 games has 9 assist. Fox's Ast/TO ratio is almost 1/1 !!!!! Lonzo's is close to 4/1!

so now its all about assists? i guess it doesnt matter as long as it fits your agenda.. remember when it was said simmons was the far away better choice over ingram and showed he was a godly passer the likes of what even ball has not shown? i can show you simmons summer league play if you would like... any way then your point was ingrams length/defense and shot... now that ball is limited with length/defense and shot its about his passing and assists? This is why lakers fans get trolled so much... nomatter who they draft they talk out of their ***... that last game where ball put up a triple double he had the same issues that he had the game before.. his shot blows... his defense sucks and his slow first step cant get around summer league talent... but YO... Those assists------------------------->defense/scoring/etc because he is a laker.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 04:28 PM
What the **** are you rambling about?

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 04:28 PM

He just puts a bunch of words together with some punctuation thrown in. When you finally make it out, you realize he was wrong.

More-Than-Most
07-12-2017, 04:34 PM

exactly what i said... He is a laker... you will think he is the GOAT and overrate the hell out of him until he is traded to the nets. If he was a scoring PG that played defense you would hold that above the rest of the group and forget about his assists... Now that ball only has assists its your end all be all argument and its weak... He has 3 serious glaring issues and PG with those issues have a long tough road... The lakers adding Pope was amazing for him because now it helps cover up his horrid defense but the lakers will need to do more... They need to add top players quickly or Ball will get so badly exposed he will never learn to crawl let alone walk/run/jump. His play is 100 percent reliant on the skill of his teammates and the situation the lakers are in handicaps him greatly.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 04:34 PM
He did that thing again with words and random punctuation.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Did it again. To hard to read.

More-Than-Most
07-12-2017, 04:38 PM
He just puts a bunch of words together with some punctuation thrown in. When you finally make it out, you realize he was wrong.

really? most laker fans 100 percent said i was right when I drooled over ingram/russ... Do you see my point? If the lakers drafted JJ instead of ball you and greatness would be in here telling us how great JJ is instead of the trash that is ball and how he would never be good as a laker or a leader/winner etc. You pick and choose your arguments from player to player to help make your case because said player is on your said team... Ball could very well end up being a great talent but the holes he has makes it doubtful... Hell look at how Zubiac was the next coming of jesus christ when he became a laker up until his first summer league game this year from lakers fans.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Did it again. To hard to read.

I seriously get a headache trying to read his ramble. Idk what the **** he's talking about half the time. He goes in our forum and trolls us than comes out here and rips the Lakers and their fans :laugh2: ****ing useless trying to have a convo with him.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 05:01 PM
You do know I'm a die hard UCLA fan? I watched every game Lonzo played.

Yes JJ is solid too....

I'm not gonna try and have a conversation with you about this it's obvious we'll never agree or see eye to eye.

GoferKing_
07-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Cavs were in the finals. Neither Kings nor Cousins made playoffs. Going much better for me than for you lol

Sure it is. :laugh:

More-Than-Most
07-12-2017, 07:17 PM
I seriously get a headache trying to read his ramble. Idk what the **** he's talking about half the time. He goes in our forum and trolls us than comes out here and rips the Lakers and their fans :laugh2: ****ing useless trying to have a convo with him.

You shouldn't throw stones about someones posting and then screw up your own post with punctuation issues etc.

Pot/Kettle

Stones/Glass houses.

Balltime
07-12-2017, 07:27 PM
so now its all about assists?

For a point guard, I want him having at least a half of dozen assists a game. It's his job to get his team involved in the game. You got to find a balance of getting your teammates involved and taking over the game. Magic Johnson learned this. Fox has a huge learning curve since he is an attack 1st guard. He needs to learn to get his teammates involved. I know he's a rookie, so we shall see.

More-Than-Most
07-12-2017, 07:29 PM
For a point guard, I want him having at least a half of dozen assists a game. It's his job to get his team involved in the game. You got to find a balance of getting your teammates involved and taking over the game. Magic Johnson learned this. Fox has a huge learning curve since he is an attack 1st guard. He needs to learn to get his teammates involved. I know he's a rookie, so we shall see.

I dont mind the notion that assists are extremely important and ball has amazing vision because they are and he does.... The problem is in the NBA its more about a PG being able to shoot and defend unless he has superstars around them or the perfect team to cover his *** like a Thomas... Ball has 3 massive issues and it will get destroyed in this NBA... He cant defend... His first step is slow and his shot is broken... He has a quick release and its not the release that is the issue... Its how he starts his shot progression that will be an issue against NBA talent because its easy to see coming a mile away and thus he will rush shots and his shooting will suffer once he starts getting blocked a ton.

More-Than-Most
07-12-2017, 07:36 PM

Trolls? I loved ingram... He had a terrible year but i have always said he will be an NBA talent by default because of his length/defense and was a much safer pick over simmons who has much more potential but much more bust risk..... Yup that is trolling

Oh yea and I said how great Russ is and said how horrid he is at defense... I got called out by your mod because I said I watch most of the lakers games and said how bad Russ defense was..... He said I was a bull *******... Because I started to pick on DLO game... Then a season goes by and everyone else starts to talk about his horrid defense....

So basically you are amazing when you say ingram is a god and russ is the 2nd coming of christ like I did... Then I became a troll because I picked apart the horrid year by ingram and how terrible defensively russ was... I cant stand the notion that as soon as someone is drafted their fanbase thinks they are the 2nd coming of jesus because they are now part of their team... I hated Okafor... I gave him a chance... I still and will forever hate Okafor because he has been and will be trash... I dont give a **** if he wears our uniform or someone elses. Its not ****ing trolling when someone has a negative opinion about a player on your team if they arent a die hard fan of said team.

Oh my bad I guess I am back to not trolling because I said the lakers signed pope to a no risk high reward contract.

Sssmush
07-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Trolls? I loved ingram... He had a terrible year but i have always said he will be an NBA talent by default because of his length/defense and was a much safer pick over simmons who has much more potential but much more bust risk..... Yup that is trolling

Oh yea and I said how great Russ is and said how horrid he is at defense... I got called out by your mod because I said I watch most of the lakers games and said how bad Russ defense was..... He said I was a bull *******... Because I started to pick on DLO game... Then a season goes by and everyone else starts to talk about his horrid defense....

So basically you are amazing when you say ingram is a god and russ is the 2nd coming of christ like I did... Then I became a troll because I picked apart the horrid year by ingram and how terrible defensively russ was... I cant stand the notion that as soon as someone is drafted their fanbase thinks they are the 2nd coming of jesus because they are now part of their team... I hated Okafor... I gave him a chance... I still and will forever hate Okafor because he has been and will be trash... I dont give a **** if he wears our uniform or someone elses. Its not ****ing trolling when someone has a negative opinion about a player on your team if they arent a die hard fan of said team.

Oh my bad I guess I am back to not trolling because I said the lakers signed pope to a no risk high reward contract.

well I will say that I am super interested to see both Simmons and Ball play this year, with their unique versions of the games and their unusual skillsets combined with (presumably) great ability.

I mean I know they can do some things so I am super interested to see those guys in actual NBA games with regular season pressure playing against grown men and NBA veterans, to say nothing of All Stars.

I mean the whole Peter Pan thing of they have magical passing abilities ok, but yeah now I am really interested to actually see it in the NBA I've heard enough.

part of the frustration with Ball sitting out against Fox was that just when this showdown materialized and like now we get to see it then there is some reason why we can't see it. Just like a product or something that seems too good to be true and they say "we'll show it to you" and everybody shows up to see it and then it's like yeah, there's some really good reason why you can't see it right now

IKnowHoops
07-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Sure it is. :laugh:

How could it not?

#thiskidshumoristoughtofigureout

KobeOwnSU
07-13-2017, 12:52 AM
36/11/8/4/2....at 19 years old.

Aust
07-13-2017, 12:55 AM
What a game tonight. He had some great passes.

Sssmush
07-13-2017, 12:57 AM
wow that's a nice game.

I will say that the constant lateral passing above the 3-point line for "assists" whenever somebody makes a basket takes some getting used to, but yeah I saw a lot good.

Lonzo just sold a ton of season tickets

KobeOwnSU
07-13-2017, 12:59 AM
How dare you. He had 5 steals!
I short changed him, my bad.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:01 AM
so now its all about assists?

but YO... Those assists------------------------->defense/scoring/etc because he is a laker.

Any other questions?

Aust
07-13-2017, 01:01 AM
36/11/8/4/2....at 19 years old.

How dare you. He had 5 steals!

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 01:09 AM
Any other questions?

:clap: my dawg! Ya, MTM got **** on, hopefully he comes around sometime than often and takes his lumps on Lonzo. I don't expect it though, he's a Lakers hater.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 01:25 AM
Any other questions?

great game :shrug:

terrible defender with a horrid shot... not questions and all but statements... He wont be able to pick on summer league players come the regular season.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:30 AM

terrible defender with a horrid shot... not questions and all but statements... He wont be able to pick on summer league players come the regular season.

Neither will Fultz. He might break a leg trying to block a shot against an NBA player.

Anything else?

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 01:33 AM
Neither will Fultz. He might break a leg trying to block a shot against an NBA player.

Anything else?

Lolololol as well as Simmons and Embiid, I mean as much as I want to see a person line MTM eat it, I don't wish that o their young careers. Great players.

Let MTM be the person he is, Lonzo making him look silly.

JWorthy42
07-13-2017, 01:35 AM

Holy crap.

If all of your 86K posts are garbage like this, I am not sure how you survived this long without getting banned. Lonzo has a historic game, even by Summer League standards, and you still maintain the same garbage rhetoric.

Go to bed, kiddo.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:37 AM
Holy crap.

If all of your 86K posts are garbage like this, I am not sure how you survived this long without getting banned. Lonzo has a historic game, even by Summer League standards, and you still maintain the same garbage rhetoric.

Go to bed, kiddo.

Big Game James!

Balltime
07-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Lonzo passing is elite already. Not many can pass with that much zip and precision.

JWorthy42
Kuzma with a quiet 13p 12r 4a.

More-Than-Most

Anything else?

i um have stated teams are going to be pissed when 7 of the top 10 picks bust and the best player from this draft ends up coming from the middle round... Fultz has the luxury of playing with guys who have insane potential and just a better team where ball has to start from scratch with not a great team around him just yet... Fultz could easily bust as could ball... Its why I loved JJ so much... His defense much like why i loved ingram will keep him from busting... Fultz/Ball dont have that luxury... They play the hardest positions currently and ball has more holes

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 01:40 AM
Holy crap.

Go to bed, kiddo.

technically he had 2 straight historic games by summer league standards... And the last game he had the same issues... defense/shooting. This game he was much better but again.... It doesnt take away from how his shot and his defense will kill him against REAL nba talent.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:40 AM
i um have stated teams are going to be pissed when 7 of the top 10 picks bust and the best player from this draft ends up coming from the middle round... Fultz has the luxury of playing with guys who have insane potential and just a better team where ball has to start from scratch with not a great team around him just yet... Fultz could easily bust as could ball... Its why I loved JJ so much... His defense much like why i loved ingram will keep him from busting... Fultz/Ball dont have that luxury... They play the hardest positions currently and ball has more holes

Ball is also the better player. Has been all through college.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 01:44 AM
Ball is also the better player. Has been all through college.

http://basketball.******.com/player/Markelle-Fultz/Comparison/85903/Lonzo-Ball/59501

except he wasnt... fultz did what he did with horrid players around him... Ball had one of the better teams irn the conference.

JWorthy42
07-13-2017, 01:46 AM
technically he had 2 straight historic games by summer league standards... And the last game he had the same issues... defense/shooting. This game he was much better but again.... It doesnt take away from how his shot and his defense will kill him against REAL nba talent.

He is dominating in the Summer League, and is a man among boys the last couple of days. This is what he is supposed to do. Nobody is saying he is going to average a triple double this season, or anything close to that. All we're saying is that Lonzo is showing the clear ability and potential to compete against NBA level talent.

He is a rookie who was never some sniper from the outside, and he is 19 ****ing years old, you're already judging his development based on 3 Summer League games and yet you give him zero credit, citing the fact that it is indeed the Summer League. Do you not see the double standard?

His shooting and defense will improve, as he develops. But at this early stage he is already an elite passer, a leader, and a player that tries to do everything on the court and not just focus on a single aspect of the game. You know this kid is going to be special, you're probably just busting my balls.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 01:47 AM
He is dominating in the Summer League, and is a man among boys the last couple of days. This is what he is supposed to do. Nobody is saying he is going to average a triple double this season, or anything close to that. All we're saying is that Lonzo is showing the clear ability and potential to compete against NBA level talent.

He is a rookie who was never some sniper from the outside, and he is 19 ****ing years old, you're already judging his development based on 3 Summer League games and yet you give him zero credit, citing the fact that it is indeed the Summer League. Do you not see the double standard?

His shooting and defense will improve, as he develops. But at this early stage he is already an elite passer, a leader, and a player that tries to do everything on the court and not just focus on a single aspect of the game. You know this kid is going to be special, you're probably just busting my balls.

not at all judging his development... I am judging him just liked I judged a player who flat out has more talent in ben simmons... The issues I had with simmons are the same I have with ball... Except simmons has size and is just flat out a better passer... Simmons shooting looked blah and his defense as well... Simmons worked all year on his shot... this is simmons shot today... he needed to fix his shot and he did... ball needs to do the same or he will let his success rely on the team around him which is never a good idea.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/who-doesnt-have-jump-shot-ben-simmons-rains-3-pointers-instagram

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 01:50 AM
:laugh2:

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:51 AM
http://basketball.******.com/player/Markelle-Fultz/Comparison/85903/Lonzo-Ball/59501

except he wasnt... fultz did what he did with horrid players around him... Ball had one of the better teams irn the conference.
And? Ball dominated in almost every offensive and defensive category.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/lonzo-ball-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/markelle-fultz-1.html

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:54 AM
not at all judging his development... I am judging him just liked I judged a player who flat out has more talent in ben simmons... The issues I had with simmons are the same I have with ball... Except simmons has size and is just flat out a better passer... Simmons shooting looked blah and his defense as well... Simmons worked all year on his shot... this is simmons shot today... he needed to fix his shot and he did... ball needs to do the same or he will let his success rely on the team around him which is never a good idea.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/who-doesnt-have-jump-shot-ben-simmons-rains-3-pointers-instagram

Ball hit at a 40% clip from 3 while taking a great amount and even a lot from NBArange. Simmons just couldn't shoot and was even scared to shoot. Both him and Fultz did nothing to make their teams better. Lonzo turned around a program.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 01:56 AM
Ball hit at a 40% clip from 3 while taking a great amount and even a lot from NBArange. Simmons just couldn't shoot and was even scared to shoot. Both him and Fultz did nothing to make their teams better. Lonzo turned around a program.

for ****s sake holy **** you dont have a clue. He did shoot 40 percent from 3.... He wont be able to against NBA talent because he always goes to his 1 side and though his release is quick him setting up for his release is easy to spot and he will get abused because of it... He is having trouble from 3 in the ****ing D-league.. Its like your trying not to comprehend his weaknesses... His passing is fantastic... His leadership is fine... his defense/shooting mechanics has always been the issue and remains that way.

LivinLakers
07-13-2017, 01:58 AM

How are you calling Simmons a better passer. By what standards are you using to judge that other than extreme homerism. Their college careers would say otherwise. And so far would their stats in Summer League. I am not saying that Simmons won't be a better player than Lonzo, but when gou say he is a better passer, you are showing your ignorance. Also, any fan knows that what you see and read during the offseason means NOTHING!!! You need to see it on the court before you talk. We have never seen a decent shot from Simmons on the court. Can't say the say about Lonzo.

Btw, I am a Sixers fan as well as a Lakers fan and the Sixers have an
amazing future ahead of them. But you don't do yourself of your team any credit by making ignorant comments.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:58 AM
for ****s sake holy **** you dont have a clue. He did shoot 40 percent from 3.... He wont be able to against NBA talent because he always goes to his 1 side and though his release is quick him setting up for his release is easy to spot and he will get abused because of it... He is having trouble from 3 in the ****ing D-league.. Its like your trying not to comprehend his weaknesses... His passing is fantastic... His leadership is fine... his defense/shooting mechanics has always been the issue and remains that way.

I need numbers. I am not taking the word of an uneducated sixers fan who has shown limited knowledge and just reacts emotionally while abusing the English language.

LivinLakers
07-13-2017, 02:03 AM
He has the same release as Kevin Martin who was a career 38% 3 point shooter. I think his shooting stroke will be fine. He certainly won't be a 40% shooter but I am willing to put $100 that he will shoot a better percentage from 3 than Ben Simmons.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 02:06 AM
He has the same release as Kevin Martin who was a career 38% 3 point shooter. I think his shooting stroke will be fine. He certainly won't be a 40% shooter but I am willing to put $100 that he will shoot a better percentage from 3 than Ben Simmons.

All day

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 02:08 AM

And I'm willing to bet 100$ for each year he has over 40% from 3.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 02:09 AM
Lonzo will translate to Excellent 3pt shooter.

GoferKing_
07-13-2017, 02:26 AM
How could it not?

#thiskidshumoristoughtofigureout

Sure it is.:laugh:

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 02:44 AM
serious question... did kevin martin run the show like Lonzo will need to? That is a big big ****ing deal. His shot will hurt that.

PurpleLynch
07-13-2017, 03:25 AM
serious question... did kevin martin run the show like Lonzo will need to? That is a big big ****ing deal. His shot will hurt that.

He'll need to work on his shot, I agree. But I'm actually less concerned than I was before the draft, he is showing that is a humble and very serious kid, despite Lavar's antics. If a part of his game is holding back his team, he will practice it I think until the problem is solved.

ewing
07-13-2017, 08:55 AM
He'll need to work on his shot, I agree. But I'm actually less concerned than I was before the draft, he is showing that is a humble and very serious kid, despite Lavar's antics. If a part of his game is holding back his team, he will practice it I think until the problem is solved.

I don't have an opinion on him yet but I do agree that he doesn't seem like the big douche despite his dad.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2017, 09:13 AM
it is ****ing summer league haha, I can't believe how much people are reading into any single player, good or bad..

ewing
07-13-2017, 09:16 AM
it is ****ing summer league haha, I can't believe how much people are reading into any single player, good or bad..

the same people think that Simmons is going to be a star from the jump despite shooting 6% from the floor in last years summer league. anything that agrees with what they want to happen is prove

Hawkeye15
07-13-2017, 09:22 AM
the same people think that Simmons is going to be a star from the jump despite shooting 6% from the floor in last years summer league. anything that agree with what they want to happen is prove

well, and especially for younger fans, or fans that come and go, rookies in SL is the time when they will all be stars....and then real NBA life happens. I am just mildly surprised anyone is fighting for their opinion over guys play in the damn SL. A lot of the guys playing won't make NBA rosters.

cmellofan15
07-13-2017, 09:48 AM
Cmon hawk be real. All of the greats were summer league legends. I remember when Anthony Morrow dropped like 47 a few years ago, I knew he'd be a transcendent scorer. Elite stuff ya know.

Lakers + Giants
07-13-2017, 10:46 AM
Let's be real tho. It's a lose lose situation. If Lonzo had performed the same way he did in all his games as he did in his first game, everyone would be all over his ***.now that hes had 2 straight good games its back to just summer league.

I stated before summer league even started that it's a joke, there's clearly a double standard tho.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Let's be real tho. It's a lose lose situation. If Lonzo had performed the same way he did in all his games as he did in his first game, everyone would be all over his ***.now that hes had 2 straight good games its back to just summer league.

I stated before summer league even started that it's a joke, there's clearly a double standard tho.

well, Ball's father is the issue. I read something on cbs, or maybe SI yesterday, where it basically said if Ball isn't a superstar, he will be considered a bust. While I don't agree with that at all, it was basically just illustrating the kid has unfair expectations from the get go, and a ton of haters without even doing anything himself to create them.

Kind of a lose lose situation, just like you said man.

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 12:16 PM
well, Ball's father is the issue. I read something on cbs, or maybe SI yesterday, where it basically said if Ball isn't a superstar, he will be considered a bust. While I don't agree with that at all, it was basically just illustrating the kid has unfair expectations from the get go, and a ton of haters without even doing anything himself to create them.

Kind of a lose lose situation, just like you said man.

The one thing that Ball has going for him at this point is that he is the Anti-Lavar pretty much and the novice Laker fan is in love with him...

From what I have seen he will be fine.. he just needs to let them game come to him more in the half court, improve his conditioning, fill out his body...

All I will say though is if the game does slow down for him in the next year... watch out :speechless:

Hawkeye15
07-13-2017, 12:26 PM
The one thing that Ball has going for him at this point is that he is the Anti-Lavar pretty much and the novice Laker fan is in love with him...

From what I have seen he will be fine.. he just needs to let them game come to him more in the half court, improve his conditioning, fill out his body...

All I will say though is if the game does slow down for him in the next year... watch out :speechless:

well, and judging a rookie is tough. How many rookies are even positive contributors in year 1? The answer is almost none of them, ever.

And you do understand, Laker fans are a big part of why people, you know, don't like the Lakers..

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 12:35 PM
well, and judging a rookie is tough. How many rookies are even positive contributors in year 1? The answer is almost none of them, ever.

And you do understand, Laker fans are a big part of why people, you know, don't like the Lakers..

of course... I was not saying year 1 although I think he can at least perform to the level that Russell did... My only concern is that he will hit the physical wall earlier in the year than most rookies... I have really been surprised how winded he seems in games although I expect Walton will manage that better in the regular season.

He has shown some flashes which is what you want to see in SL...

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Ball is already better. Fox will never be as good a passer. Court vision isn't learned and there is a reason Fox went 5th instead of 1, 2, 3,or 4.

I'm talking as a scorer, defender, and overall player.

You say that court vision isn't learned. Well, it can be improved. What can't be improved is speed, quickness, athleticism. Lonzo will never possess the freakish physical abilities that Fox has. Lonzo will probably get more assists throughout his career, but Fox has more upside as an impact player on both ends of the floor. If Fox improves his jumper, Lonzo won't touch him. If Fox is consistently knocking down his jumpers, defenders won't be able to stay in front of him. This guy seriously looks faster than Wall and Westbrook.

As far as where they were drafted is concerned, most scouts had them very evenly rated. Most scouts had the top 5 prospects all very close to each other. I think Dennis Smith Jr should be in that category as well. But IMO Fox and Jackson have the most upside because of their potential on both offense and defense. They also have the weakest shots though.

If I had the #1 overall pick and I didn't have any specific needs... I'd probably take Josh Jackson. Just because Ball went #2 overall doesn't mean he's better than everyone in this draft except Fultz. That's just a silly idea.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 12:59 PM
What? I know it was just SL but did you watch the game last night? Those dimes he dropped? He had like 5/6 hockey assist too and should have had 4/5 more assist but guys missed wide open shots.

I think this draft was extremely loaded, lots of great players and it's great to see the next era of stars coming up!

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 01:04 PM
I like Lonzo... I always have. But that was just Summer League. I know he's a great passer though. There is more to the game than just passing. I like him, but what I'm saying is if Fox develops a consistent jumper, he will be a better overall player. That's the biggest reason Fox slipped to #5. People were concerned about his shooting. His impact will be greatly limited if he has a Rondo-esque jumper or anything close to that and some scouts have concerns about that.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Plus he shot 12/22 last night, his 3 isn't falling yet but it will, he shot 45% in college.

I think he went 3/10 from 3pt and 9/12 from the field. He got to the hole a lot last night.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 01:06 PM
It was a nice performance. It was also Summer League.

Fox dropped 39 on Lonzo in the Tourney this year. In the grand scheme of things, none of this will matter once the real NBA games begin.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:07 PM
I'm talking as a scorer, defender, and overall player.

You say that court vision isn't learned. Well, it can be improved. What can't be improved is speed, quickness, athleticism. Lonzo will never possess the freakish physical abilities that Fox has. Lonzo will probably get more assists throughout his career, but Fox has more upside as an impact player on both ends of the floor. If Fox improves his jumper, Lonzo won't touch him. If Fox is consistently knocking down his jumpers, defenders won't be able to stay in front of him. This guy seriously looks faster than Wall and Westbrook.

As far as where they were drafted is concerned, most scouts had them very evenly rated. Most scouts had the top 5 prospects all very close to each other. I think Dennis Smith Jr should be in that category as well. But IMO Fox and Jackson have the most upside because of their potential on both offense and defense. They also have the weakest shots though.

If I had the #1 overall pick and I didn't have any specific needs... I'd probably take Josh Jackson. Just because Ball went #2 overall doesn't mean he's better than everyone in this draft except Fultz. That's just a silly idea.

No, most scouts didn't have them evenly rated. Lol. Fox got hype off 1 game. He wasn't even that good last year. He can't shoot and isn't a great passer. He turns it over almost as much as he assists. He also has to pond the ball and then react to what he sees.

Ball dominated Fox in almost every single stat, Fox was better on defense by a small margin. It's cool to have an opinion, but back it up with something.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/deaaron-fox-1.html

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:10 PM
It was a nice performance. It was also Summer League.

Fox dropped 39 on Lonzo in the Tourney this year. In the grand scheme of things, none of this will matter once the real NBA games begin.

That is great, but why wasn't Fox rated higher and why couldn't he shoot the rest of his games? That was his best game, it raised his draft stock. It took his career best performance to get him in the convo for a top 5 pick, and he got over drafted because of that. Vlade isn't a very good when it comes to the draft.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 01:16 PM
No, most scouts didn't have them evenly rated. Lol. Fox got hype off 1 game. He wasn't even that good last year. He can't shoot and isn't a great passer. He turns it over almost as much as he assists. He also has to pond the ball and then react to what he sees.

Ball dominated Fox in almost every single stat, Fox was better on defense by a small margin. It's cool to have an opinion, but back it up with something.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/deaaron-fox-1.html

I've seen plenty of scouts rank them very evenly during the pre-draft process, so I don't know what you are talking about. I also don't know what you're talking about when you say Fox wasn't good at UK.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:17 PM
I've seen plenty of scouts rank them very evenly during the pre-draft process, so I don't know what you are talking about. I also don't know what you're talking about when you say Fox wasn't good at UK.

Lets see it? Lonzo was overwhelmingly the #2 player in this draft and Fox was at 4 or 5. Maybe like 1 out of every 10 scouts gave Fox some hype. Not one major publication had Fox ahead of Lonzo by the time the draft rolled around.

Fox was good at KU but Monk was probably better than him most of the year.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 01:20 PM

That is great, but why wasn't Fox rated higher and why couldn't he shoot the rest of his games? That was his best game, it raised his draft stock. It took his career best performance to get him in the convo for a top 5 pick, and he got over drafted because of that. Vlade isn't a very good when it comes to the draft.

No have no evidence of any of this. Nor do you have any evidence of Magic being a good drafter compared to Vlade. I've been critical of some of Vlade's trades, but as a drafter it is far too early to tell. Plus there is the Vivek factor which I have a feeling has had an impact on some of the Vlade decision making.

Fox was a top prospect before his big game against UCLA in the tourney. You don't know what you're talking about.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Lets see it? Lonzo was overwhelmingly the #2 player in this draft and Fox was at 4 or 5. Maybe like 1 out of every 10 scouts gave Fox some hype. Not one major publication had Fox ahead of Lonzo by the time the draft rolled around.

Fox was good at KU but Monk was probably better than him most of the year.

Lonzo wasn't overwhelmingly the #2 best prospect. The Lakers were overwhelmingly committed to picking him. There is a big difference in the two. Several other teams very likley would have taken someone else. The Suns and Celtics for instance. Possibly the Kings too.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:24 PM
No have no evidence of any of this. Nor do you have any evidence of Magic being a good drafter compared to Vlade. I've been critical of some of Vlade's trades, but as a drafter it is far too early to tell. Plus there is the Vivek factor which I have a feeling has had an impact on some of the Vlade decision making.

Fox was a top prospect before his big game against UCLA in the tourney. You don't know what you're talking about.

Lol. Never said Fox wasn't a top prospect, but Monk was rated higher most of the year. The very next game Justin Jackson shut Fox down with his length and Fox wasn't getting to the hole that often.

So Fox is better according to you? because numbers and over 80% of scouts go with that Ball boy.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Lonzo wasn't overwhelmingly the #2 best prospect. The Lakers were overwhelmingly committed to picking him. There is a big difference in the two. Several other teams very likley would have taken someone else. The Suns and Celtics for instance. Possibly the Kings too.

Lonzo has been the number #2 prospect since like December. You should quit making statements if you can't back them up.

Lonzo jumped to #2 a few weeks into the NCAA season.

Scoots
07-13-2017, 01:30 PM
the same people think that Simmons is going to be a star from the jump despite shooting 6% from the floor in last years summer league. anything that agrees with what they want to happen is prove

People are still certain Embiid isn't fragile and he's going to average 80 games a year as soon as they "need" him because The Process.

This is the time when all teams are equal and optimism is normal.

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 01:37 PM
People are still certain Embiid isn't fragile and he's going to average 80 games a year as soon as they "need" him because The Process.

This is the time when all teams are equal and optimism is normal.

yep... the NBA/BSPN marketing hype machines have done a great job of making the offseason relevant to fanbases that have no hope...

its awesome!!! :rolleyes: