PDA

View Full Version : Lonzo has "Transcendent Passing" -Rob Pelinka

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2017, 05:23 PM
I grew up a Lakers fan, I held this Moniker way before I worked for the Lakers. If you can see my profile pic, it's Kobe with 62 points at the the end of 3 quarters and Dallas has 61. I was sitting in Lamar Odoms box seats, which I got by enrolling him at 24 hr fitness in Hermosa Beach CA working my way through College.

What should I call myself. Lakers Scout 42?

There are other people within the organization and on the team that very active online. This is the world we live in. I would give you my Twitter handle, but what's the point, I would rather people believe I'm not a scout.

Don't stress it, he tries to **** on the Lakers any chance he gets. Just an angry kid, who talks crap over a computer. Who cares if he doesn't believe you.

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Don't stress it, he tries to **** on the Lakers any chance he gets. Just an angry kid, who talks crap over a computer. Who cares if he doesn't believe you.

For sure. This team is coming together. Can you see the writing on the wall lately with Magic? He keeps talking about how great each guy will look great with Lonzo. It sure is funny how he mentions everyone but Clarkson every time! I wonder what were thinking? haha

We should know soon

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2017, 06:05 PM
I agree he is way overhyped, but for me I believe the hype based on what I have watched. One of the biggest reasons I got my shot, is because who I know,vit always is. Lonzo may not live up to the hype, but right now his Bball IQ and the way his teammates thrive playing next to him, he will be a stud. He is very coachable and liked by all his teammates. That will help him.

This was/is literally the scouting report on Rubio coming from Europe.

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2017, 06:15 PM
For sure. This team is coming together. Can you see the writing on the wall lately with Magic? He keeps talking about how great each guy will look great with Lonzo. It sure is funny how he mentions everyone but Clarkson every time! I wonder what were thinking? haha

We should know soon

Yea we're all hopeful we can package Clarkson or Randle with Deng and really free ourselves up with cap.

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2017, 06:22 PM

We should know soon

In all honesty, Magic would not be the same magic in the current era. If I remember correctly, Magic was not exactly a 3pt machine during his time in the league, and neither is Ball. And unconventional jumpshot mechanics don't help either.

Gibby23
07-20-2017, 06:25 PM
This was/is literally the scouting report on Rubio coming from Europe.

Rubio had a FG% of 32% and 25% from three in Europe the year he was drafted. Lonzo was just drafted and had over a 40% 3 point mark and a 55% FG%.

Nothing like when Rubio came out. They could both pass well, but Rubio was passing more out of a controlled half court system, Ball comes from a more open uptempo system. They don't compare.

Gibby23
07-20-2017, 06:26 PM
In all honesty, Magic would not be the same magic in the current era. If I remember correctly, Magic was not exactly a 3pt machine during his time in the league, and neither is Ball. And unconventional jumpshot mechanics don't help either.

Ball is hell of a shooter. It's in the numbers.

Balltime
07-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Ball is hell of a shooter. It's in the numbers.

Kind of hypocritical from the Lonzo haters. They say it's only summer league after Lonzo tore up the summer league, now he can't shoot, so summer league is legit to them in that sense, while Lonzo has proven to be a great shooter pre summer league.

jaydubb
07-20-2017, 08:10 PM
I grew up a Lakers fan, I held this Moniker way before I worked for the Lakers. If you can see my profile pic, it's Kobe with 62 points at the the end of 3 quarters and Dallas has 61. I was sitting in Lamar Odoms box seats, which I got by enrolling him at 24 hr fitness in Hermosa Beach CA working my way through College.

What should I call myself. Lakers Scout 42?

There are other people within the organization and on the team that very active online. This is the world we live in. I would give you my Twitter handle, but what's the point, I would rather people believe I'm not a scout.
That's awesome AF man.. To this day, I think that game against dallas was probably Kobes best game (even better than the 81 point game because the 62 in 3 quarters was against a legit championship contender and if he played in the 4th he coulda got 90).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 10:01 PM
That's awesome AF man.. To this day, I think that game against dallas was probably Kobes best game (even better than the 81 point game because the 62 in 3 quarters was against a legit championship contender and if he played in the 4th he coulda got 90).

The greatest sporting event I have been too, he could have scored 90 that night. My wife actually took the photo, she was my girlfriend at the time. 2 weeks later he put up the 81. My wife's first game ever, were in Lamar Odoms box and Kobe scores 62, she has no idea what she witnessed.

That picture I want to have blown up and have Kobe sign it.

jaydubb
07-21-2017, 12:51 AM
The greatest sporting event I have been too, he could have scored 90 that night. My wife actually took the photo, she was my girlfriend at the time. 2 weeks later he put up the 81. My wife's first game ever, were in Lamar Odoms box and Kobe scores 62, she has no idea what she witnessed.

That picture I want to have blown up and have Kobe sign it.

That would be legit.. You'd have to explain to him exactly what he's signing, I'm sure he'd appreciate that for sure. Good stuff man :clap:

Hawkeye15
07-21-2017, 09:51 AM
Rubio had a FG% of 32% and 25% from three in Europe the year he was drafted. Lonzo was just drafted and had over a 40% 3 point mark and a 55% FG%.

Nothing like when Rubio came out. They could both pass well, but Rubio was passing more out of a controlled half court system, Ball comes from a more open uptempo system. They don't compare.

Ricky Rubio:

NBA Comparison: Jose Calderon/Steve Nash
Strengths: One of the purest point guards to come around in a while … His vision and ability to deliver precise passes make him the ultimate distributor … Has good size for the position, allowing him to survey the court over top of defenses … A great and natural feel for the game allows him to see plays before they materialize, keeping him one step ahead of the opposition … He is extremely good at maintaining his composure when operating in the pick and roll, he does not panic when the defense converges, but rather shows patience and waits to make his reads … Loves to split the hedge on a high ball screen to get into the paint … Has a wide repertoire of moves off the dribble … Knows how to incorporate head, pass and shot fakes to get defenders off balance and to keep them guessing … Uses change of speed and direction extremely well, always mixing up the moves and staying unpredictable … His shot has come a long way in the last year or so, even to the point where he has become a serious threat from the outside … Defesively, he plays with a lot of energy and puts in a great effort to put pressure on the opposing ball handlers … Quick hands and terrific anticipation allow him to get his hands on a lot of balls … His game is mature beyond his years due to the fact that he has played on the top senior level for a long time … He has been on the draft radar for some years and has been able to maintain a fairly high level of play … Has shown that he can perform on a big stage by being a key member of the Spanish National team in the Olympics …

Weaknesses: Has good speed but lacks the great explosiveness that top tier point guards in the league possses … He is forced to shoot high amount of attempts in the paint because his marginal leaping ability makes it difficult for him to finish around the basket … Heavily depends on the pick and roll to create his opportunities and does not show a great ability to break down defenders in ISO situations … Has gotten better at taking what’s open, but his pass first mentality still gets him into trouble as he passes up open shots … His jumper is still not a finished product by any means … Because it takes him a bit to get his feet set, and his release point is fairly low he still looks like a set shooter … Has battled some injuries over the last year, which raises the question of durability and whether he will be able to handle the rigors of an 82 game season … His game has been up and down this season after coming back from his injury (Had a better overall season last year) … His performance on the international scene does not guarantee his game will translate well to the NBA … Is also a bit of a risk because of his high buyout and because he has hinted at staying overseas if he doesn’t go to the right team …

Lonzo Ball:

NBA Comparison: Jason Kidd/Ricky Rubio
Strengths: At 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan, Ball has a unique set of physical tools for a point guard that will provide him with a number of advantages in the pros ... One of the first things that stands out about Ball is his elite transition play ... It starts with his ability to force turnovers and haul in defensive boards to push the ball up the floor and begin the break ... He also has tremendous speed in the open floor when the ball is in his hands, but the skill that truly transcends above all other players his age is his elite vision, creativity and passing ability ... Not only does he demonstrate the ability to deliver exceptionally accurate passes, but his knowledge of when to push the ball up the floor himself and when to give it up to his teammates is impeccable ... He always knows where his teammates are on the floor and gets them the ball in spots they are comfortable ... In a basketball sense he's playing chess, while his peers are playing checkers ... Ball constantly moves the ball, makes quick decisions, and has extremely rare vision for a player his age ... He has excellent ball-handling ability, but does an exemplary job of not over dribbling and keeping everyone involved ... He is also very efficient in transition where he posted an outstanding 4.1-to-1 assist to turnover ratio ... The half court is where Ball is a more polarizing player, with transparent strengths and weaknesses to his game ... His greatest strength in the half court is still his court vision and creativity prowess ... At 6’6” he has the size to see over the defense and find shooters on the perimeter or make entry passes to the post ... He also has the basketball IQ to see plays before they happen, which is not something you see often from a such a young point guard ... More impressively, his willingness to move the ball was contagious, as UCLA’s offense featured constant fluidity and unselfishness from everyone on the floor ... Ball might have the most unorthodox shooting mechanics you will ever see, but he is still a tremendous shooter, particularly off the catch and from long range ... Ball connected on 41.2% of his 194 three-point attempts this past season, many of them from far beyond NBA range ... Despite his odd shooting motion, he releases the ball squared to the basket and gets great rotation on his ball ... In addition, Ball is an above average shooter on the move, as he does a good job getting his feet underneath him when coming off of a screen ... He also has a lethal step-back jumper, which is one of his go-to scoring options in isolation situations or off the pick and roll ... The combination of his deep range and comfort with the step-back can be a tough guard for opposing defenses ... One, perhaps unexpected, area where Ball contributes offensively is cutting off the ball, resulting in easy conversions off of lob passes to the rim ... In his one season at UCLA, he proved to be a much better athlete than most thought coming out of high school ... Ball understands the use of deception and has a real knack for lulling his defender to sleep off the ball, then using hard backdoor cuts to create scoring opportunities ... Ball will fit well in the modern up-tempo NBA game today ...

Weaknesses: Ball has an outstanding combination of size, length, and athleticism, but his frame is not filled out yet, and he can struggle with more physical guards at times ... This also hinders his ability to consistently get into the paint off the dribble ... Wears a leg sleave and his legs appear to be underdeveloped ... He has terrific speed but does not possess the quickest first step, which will make it more challenging to put pressure on the defense in the NBA ... The biggest knock on Ball at this stage is his inability to consistently create his own offense when things break down ... Ball is not great in isolation and generally his pick and roll possessions end up as a passer ... He very infrequently used the pick to get into the paint and find his own offense ... He also rarely showed signs of any mid-range game or the ability to pull up off the dribble ... Ball will likely need to play alongside several other offensive threats to be able to generate his own offense in spurts ... Where his awkward shooting mechanics can be exploited is off the dribble ... On the one hand, Ball converted on 48.6% of his jumpers off the dribble, a number that was near the top in college basketball ... However, rarely did he attempt such shots this season, and most of them were step-back three pointers rather than mid range pull ups ... His inability to pull up in the mid-range is a function of his extremely slow shooting mechanics. Ball's low release point and need to come back across his body certainly seem to factor into his inability to get his jumper off when pulling up off the dribble, and he has almost no in-between game because of it ... He will need to develop a somewhat quicker release if he ever wants to be effective in this facet of the game ... A lot of Ball's baskets in the half-court at the rim were assisted, which indicates his ability to move off the ball along with his struggles creating his own shot off the dribble ... On the defensive side of the court, Ball is adept at forcing turnovers, but he does not have the overall impact that his physical tools would suggest ... Ball struggles at times containing dribble penetration against quicker guards, which was particularly exposed against De’Aaron Fox, who exploded for 39 points against him in the NCAA Tournament ... Ball also does not have great awareness when being screened, and he also could show more consistent effort to fight through screens and recover ... Ball is an intriguing prospect, but his weaknesses are well documented, and he will need to be surrounded by the right personnel to achieve optimal success ... Perhaps the biggest question mark surrounding Ball has nothing to do with his game whatsoever ... Some NBA execs view his father, LaVar as a potential problem with his "over involvement" and the endless controversial comments he has made over the last few months ... The hope is that he will fade into the background and not be too involved with Lonzo's day to day decision making, and ultimately career. Time will tell ...

I mean, Rubio even comes up as his comparison haha. Their weaknesses, almost identical, in that they both struggle to create their own offense when things break down.

Look, I get it. We know what Rubio is now, which is a very good player, but nothing elite. And I know Ball is an unknown. But the fact, is this playmaking ability and vision, is nothing new. In fact, there is a player who came in with the exact same hype, just 7 years ago. Will Ball end up better than Rubio? Perhaps so. And Laker fans need to hope so too.

Hawkeye15
07-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Not even close to Hype or expectations. Lonzo has huge expectations, bigger than almost any rookie in recent memory.

either selective memory, or you are hyping him up even more than he should be. But, whatever.

Point is, same **** back when Rubio came in. Only reason he even slipped out of the top 2 was because he wasn't coming over for a year or two. The "transcendent" passing stuff was said about him, the playmaking, etc. Weakness-inability to create his own offense. Same ****.

Done. I have made my point.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Not even close to Hype or expectations. Lonzo has huge expectations, bigger than almost any rookie in recent memory.

L8kers4life
07-21-2017, 10:43 AM
either selective memory, or you are hyping him up even more than he should be. But, whatever.

Point is, same **** back when Rubio came in. Only reason he even slipped out of the top 2 was because he wasn't coming over for a year or two. The "transcendent" passing stuff was said about him, the playmaking, etc. Weakness-inability to create his own offense. Same ****.

Trust me I know the comparisons, Rubio is the better 1 on 1 defender and much better in pick roll.

Lonzo, is much longer, has a much better shot, and all though they have transcendent passing, Lonzo's passes lead to scoring plays more often. Also Ball is an Elite finisher, finishing at 71% on drives in College, 82% in HS and can play above the rim as he was 2nd in the country for dunks by a PG behind Dennis Smith Jr. also Ball is the better team defender. Rubio's 2 biggest weaknesses are his shooting and his in ability to finish at the rim.

Look I get the comparisons, but I'm sorry Rubio will never have the kind of career Ball will. That is my opinion and I will stick with it. Biggest difference between the 2, you can double off Rubio and not get hurt, you can not do that with Lonzo. Also you can run Rubio off the 3 point line and force him to drive, but because he can't finish at the rim like Lonzo his shooters do not get open the same way they would with Lonzo on the floor. this year was Rubios best year, Lonzo will put up those numbers Rookie year

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Ricky Rubio:

Lonzo Ball:

I mean, Rubio even comes up as his comparison haha. Their weaknesses, almost identical, in that they both struggle to create their own offense when things break down.

Look, I get it. We know what Rubio is now, which is a very good player, but nothing elite. And I know Ball is an unknown. But the fact, is this playmaking ability and vision, is nothing new. In fact, there is a player who came in with the exact same hype, just 7 years ago. Will Ball end up better than Rubio? Perhaps so. And Laker fans need to hope so too.

He didn't have the same hype. He was the 5th pick. Lonzo has been slotted 2 and 1 all year. Lonzo is also a better shooter and finisher coming in. Also a better rebounder. The only comparable thing is the vision.

Lonzo is the most hyped player since Lebron, not since Rubio. Lol

Just because 1 person compared them doesn't make it true. They only have 1 thing in common and Lonzo is rated way higher. Rubio was slotted anywhere from 5 to 10. Rubio had intrigue, not hype. Maybe in Minnesota he had hype, but not in the general NBA where he was a must watch game 1. Rubio hype. Lmao.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 10:56 AM

Rubio couldn't shoot or finish. 2 things Lonzo excels at.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 10:58 AM
I don't even think hawkguy read the reports he cut and pasted, they are pretty different. Lol

Oefarmy2005
07-21-2017, 11:39 AM

European 3pt line is the same as the NBA, while college 3pt line is about 1.5 feet in(something like that, I don't know the exact distance)

Oefarmy2005
07-21-2017, 11:42 AM

What? You are seriously saying here that their passing doesn't compare? This is why I don't have any normal coversations with Laker fans, they are delusional.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 11:45 AM
European 3pt line is the same as the NBA, while college 3pt line is about 1.5 feet in(something like that, I don't know the exact distance)

And Lonzo shot a good amount of 3's from NBA range, like over 40 or 50 and his hit rate was around 34 or 35% from NBA distance

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 11:48 AM
What? You are seriously saying here that their passing doesn't compare? This is why I don't have any normal coversations with Laker fans, they are delusional.
They are both great passers, one does it in pick and roll and at a slower pace. One is more uptempo and does a lot of his passing on the break. How can you just make a statement and not break it down.

Since you are so smart, how exactly does their passing compare?

Just because their passes lead to assists mean they pass in the same manner?

Oefarmy2005
07-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Ricky is a better half court passer while Lonzo is a better transition passer. Considering that 80% of the offense doesn't happen in transition, Rubio may be the better passer overall. Ball is the better scorer in the paint, that will definitely help, but he will really struggle with his shot when he is defended by NBA caliber PGs.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Ricky Rubio:

Lonzo Ball:

i don't know, ball's report comes across as much more impressive. if i was reading those reports without having seen either of them there is no question which one i would choose.

Oefarmy2005
07-21-2017, 01:04 PM
And Lonzo shot a good amount of 3's from NBA range, like over 40 or 50 and his hit rate was around 34 or 35% from NBA distance
League average for 3pt shots is 35.8%, and Rubio averaged 34% his first year in the league(just saying, that is not good). Basically, the way it looks right now, Rubio is a marginally better passer and a marginally better defender. Ball is a better scorer in the paint, a marginally better 3pt shooter and a marginally better rebounder. If you think his paint scoring will translate to the NBA, he could be a significantly better player. If he fixes his shot and actually comes a competent NBA caliber shooter, he could be a significantly better player. I am not so sure the former will translate or the later will improve significantly(if he doesn't completely break down his shooting motion). I hope I am wrong.

Oefarmy2005
07-21-2017, 01:06 PM
i don't know, ball's report comes across as much more impressive. if i was reading those reports without having seen either of them there is no question which one i would choose.

Ricky's report comes based on his game play against team USA in 2008(more or less) and the players that comprised that team were pretty good if I remember correctly.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 01:18 PM
League average for 3pt shots is 35.8%, and Rubio averaged 34% his first year in the league(just saying, that is not good). Basically, the way it looks right now, Rubio is a marginally better passer and a marginally better defender. Ball is a better scorer in the paint, a marginally better 3pt shooter and a marginally better rebounder. If you think his paint scoring will translate to the NBA, he could be a significantly better player. If he fixes his shot and actually comes a competent NBA caliber shooter, he could be a significantly better player. I am not so sure the former will translate or the later will improve significantly(if he doesn't completely break down his shooting motion). I hope I am wrong.

He is better at Rubio at those things right now though. At age 19. Rubio never improved. Until this past season and I'm willing to bet Lonzo has a better season as a rookie than what Rubio just did this past season.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Ricky's report comes based on his game play against team USA in 2008(more or less) and the players that comprised that team were pretty good if I remember correctly.

And so were his teammates on that Spain team. And no, that report isn't just based on the Olympic games, it was his entire body of work up until that point.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Why would he fix his shot? He has been a great shooter at every level and hasn't even played his rookie season in the NBA. Lol

A bunch of fake shot doctors in here. For every player that changes his shooting and is a success, there are about 5 that fail. No need to mess with something that works and hasn't been tried out in a real NBA game yet.

Rubio just can't shoot. He was never considered a good shooter or finisher or rebounder. Just a great passers-by that mostly operated in half court and pick and roll.

Way different players. Lonzo is picked before Rubio and any draft

jaydubb
07-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Why would he fix his shot? He has been a great shooter at every level and hasn't even played his rookie season in the NBA. Lol

A bunch of fake shot doctors in here. For every player that changes his shooting and is a success, there are about 5 that fail. No need to mess with something that works and hasn't been tried out in a real NBA game yet.

Rubio just can't shoot. He was never considered a good shooter or finisher or rebounder. Just a great passers-by that mostly operated in half court and pick and roll.

Way different players. Lonzo is picked before Rubio and any draft

Most fans just don't see this yet.. They will have to wait till they see it in regular nba action which is totally fair. I've seen enough that I'm a believer, but we will see what happens against nba talent night in and night out

ewing
07-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Ricky is a better half court passer while Lonzo is a better transition passer. Considering that 80% of the offense doesn't happen in transition, Rubio may be the better passer overall. Ball is the better scorer in the paint, that will definitely help, but he will really struggle with his shot when he is defended by NBA caliber PGs.

yeah the perimeter defense in the NBA is smothering. guys never have air space.

Balltime
07-22-2017, 01:35 PM
yeah the perimeter defense in the NBA is smothering. guys never have air space.

People are still stuck in the 80s or 90s, this ain't one on one basketball anymore. It's a pick and roll league. How many point guards just play one on one ball, most of them wait for screens to penetrate.

eDush
07-22-2017, 03:11 PM
I have been with the team 5 years, and the players I evaluated heavily include

Lonzo
Kuzma
Nwaba
Nance Jr.

Just because I'm on the boards doesn't mean I'm not a scout. I graduated from Law school 6 years ago, took an internship with the Lakers that led to this scouting job. This is entertainment for me, as it is for all of us. My best friend works in the Bucks front office, that's how I got my internship. People have real jobs on this board.

bull ****ing shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

lololol i love people like this. also no self respecting employee of the Lakers would EVER refer to them as the L8kers. im dead over hereYou do know he giving enough info to determine if there is any truth to it but he sound like a troll that likes to brags like most trolls. Maybe it's the stupid handle name that gives it away :nod:

Jamiecballer
07-22-2017, 03:17 PM

that sounds like a fairly irrelevant factoid but i see someone has already responded to this.

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2017, 04:30 PM
bull ****ing shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

lololol i love people like this. also no self respecting employee of the Lakers would EVER refer to them as the L8kers. im dead over here

The best part is that some of these other buffoons believe him.

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 04:36 PM

It's pretty funny you call other posters baffoons, but you are worried about what someone does or does not do for work on a sports forum. Are you sure you called the right group of people baffoons?

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2017, 04:49 PM
It's pretty funny you call other posters baffoons, but you are worried about what someone does or does not do for work on a sports forum. Are you sure you called the right group of people baffoons?

Yep, pretty confident. Probably not quite as confident and arrogant as you generally are but I've been around long enough to know bullcrap when I see it.

And I'm far from worried about it. Just love how delusional some people are. It's good for a laugh.

eDush
07-22-2017, 05:09 PM

Yep, pretty confident. Probably not quite as confident and arrogant as you generally are but I've been around long enough to know bullcrap when I see it.

And I'm far from worried about it. Just love how delusional some people are. It's good for a laugh.I can tell a troll just by looking at their handle name and that one was way too obvious :nod:

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 05:21 PM

And I'm far from worried about it. Just love how delusional some people are. It's good for a laugh.

And even after your last statement, I am pretty confident nobody cares what you think in regards to the guys job. And I am 100% sure nobody on this forum cares what you find funny, so keep it to yourself and discuss the topic.

L8kers4life
07-22-2017, 05:45 PM
And even after your last statement, I am pretty confident nobody cares what you think in regards to the guys job. And I am 100% sure nobody on this forum cares what you find funny, so keep it to yourself and discuss the topic.

Ian Clark should be signed any day now, brass doesn't like what Rose brings internally. Jeannie wants a splash/name (Rose) Luke wants a shooter. If Clark takes the money it will be him. Offer was made to Clark, not to Rose

eDush
07-22-2017, 05:54 PM

Ian Clark should be signed any day now, brass doesn't like what Rose brings internally. Jeannie wants a splash/name (Rose) Luke wants a shooter. If Clark takes the money it will be him. Offer was made to Clark, not to RoseWell I can vouch that Ian is a clutch shooting role player and a winner with rings so Jeannie should listen to Luke on this one as he knows this as well :nod:

P.s I would've thought Phil had relayed that info to her on how bad of a splash name Rose is from first hand experience.

L8kers4life
07-22-2017, 06:09 PM
Well I can vouch that Ian is a clutch shooting role player and a winner with rings so Jeannie should listen to Luke on this one as he knows this as well :nod:

P.s I would've thought Phil had relayed that info to her on how bad of a splash name Rose is from first hand experience.

For some reason Phil liked Rose, spoke highly of him. He doesn't fit what we want to do, but Jeannie may win the battle, we shall see. But hopefully it's Clark and they can let Clarkson assume some of those backup pg duties

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 07:01 PM
I am not surprised you are 100% sure on something with no valudity. Thanks for playing thread police though.

As for the topic, it's been enough "Lonzo Ball is awesome based on Summer League". Which is laughable. He may very well end up being great (personally, I think he will be pretty damn good) but some of the reasons being spouted are pretty ridiculous.

I never commented on if I think the guy is a scout or not. Keep talking about someone else's career, it seems to make you happy. You must have a bunch if great things going for you if you are legitimately worried about a strangers job.

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2017, 07:01 PM

I am not surprised you are 100% sure on something with no validity. Thanks for playing thread police though.

As for the topic, it's been enough "Lonzo Ball is awesome based on Summer League". Which is laughable. He may very well end up being great (personally, I think he will be pretty damn good) but some of the reasons being spouted are pretty ridiculous. Lakers fans are defensive about him and I can see why. But all you can do is let it play out and say I told you so later.

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 07:10 PM
And I never commented about his so called career in my last post. So whatever dude. You got some weird addiction to complaining and being right. I am 99.9% sure nobody goves a **** what you think.
And if I didn't call your dumb post out, your only comment in this thread would have been to come in here and call a group of psd posters out for something that had nothing to do with you.

As far as your take on Lonzo, I question your knowledge of the game and how much you have seen him play. What numbers lead you to believe what you believe. Good or bad?

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2017, 07:11 PM
I never commented on if I think the guy is a scout or not. Keep talking about someone else's career, it seems to make you happy. You must have a bunch if great things going for you if you are legitimately worried about a strangers job.

And I never commented about his so called career in my last post. So whatever dude. You got some weird addiction to complaining and being right. I am 99.9% sure nobody gives a **** what you think. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself though.

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Lol. You spend your days trolling, getting schooled then resorting to calling people idiots. You may want to look in the mirror sometime. Likely a scary proposition but something that needs to be done.

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 07:21 PM
Lol. You spend your days trolling, getting schooled then resorting to calling people idiots. You may want to look in the mirror sometime. Likely a scary proposition but something that needs to be done.

Schooled on what? I am pretty sure I know way more about this topic and basketball than you do. All of your comments here or in the MLB forum are of you trying to make smart comments or unfunny jokes. Then you get mad when you get called out.

Why Wil Lonzo be good or bad?

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 07:22 PM
And you are the one that came into this thread to call out a group of posters. I have that post quoted so there is that. Lol

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 07:23 PM

Your contribution to this thread. If I didn't say anything you wouldn't have posted more.

You were saying?

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2017, 08:21 PM
I'm the mad one lol. Everybody is probably so glad you are here to police these threads.

You may know more about basketball than me and I don't really care, what I do know is that college stats and summer league stats don't mean **** in regards to the next level. You think because he has translated well each step of the way that it somehow guarantees greatness at the highest level or something. That is funny. Nobody knows what will happen. Your elitist attitude allows you to think you do.

Balltime
07-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Everybody see's that Lonzo is going to be special. Yes it was the Summer League, but it's his intangibles , passing , vision etc.. that will translate to the NBA real games. Kid IQ makes the game fun to watch and effortless for his team at times.

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 09:39 PM
I'm the mad one lol. Everybody is probably so glad you are here to police these threads.

You may know more about basketball than me and I don't really care, what I do know is that college stats and summer league stats don't mean **** in regards to the next level. You think because he has translated well each step of the way that it somehow guarantees greatness at the highest level or something. That is funny. Nobody knows what will happen. Your elitist attitude allows you to think you do.

You are all over the place. Only thing I got out of that is that you don't know what you are talking about most of the time and you get really upset if called out on it.

Also, college stats mean alot, it is part of the reason these guys are drafted. You can also look at various stats to get a better read on players.

Oefarmy2005
07-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Everybody see's that Lonzo is going to be special. Yes it was the Summer League, but it's his intangibles , passing , vision etc.. that will translate to the NBA real games. Kid IQ makes the game fun to watch and effortless for his team at times.

This comment basically summarizes my point. When most fans are talking about Ball, it's intangibles, passing, vision, IQ - all the things RR excels at. And it's not a bad thing, Rubio is one of the most entertaining players to watch run the show. The bottom line is, whether Ball is an above average or a great player will depend on his jump shot, and I don't trust it at this time.

eDush
07-23-2017, 05:42 PM

This comment basically summarizes my point. When most fans are talking about Ball, it's intangibles, passing, vision, IQ - all the things RR excels at. And it's not a bad thing, Rubio is one of the most entertaining players to watch run the show. The bottom line is, whether Ball is an above average or a great player will depend on his jump shot, and I don't trust it at this time.SL play also doesn't show players deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball as no one really play team defense as they would only tired themselves out when trying to showcase their offensive game. I doubt will ever come close to being as good as Rubio on playing defense but I want to be proven wrong for once on him :nod:

Balltime
07-23-2017, 07:45 PM
SL play also doesn't show players deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball as no one really play team defense as they would only tired themselves out when trying to showcase their offensive game. I doubt will ever come close to being as good as Rubio on playing defense but I want to be proven wrong for once on him :nod:

hypocrite. You want to downgrade summer league when Lonzo flourishes, but then you validate the summer league because Lonzo didn't shoot the ball well. He shot for a high percentage pre summer league in real competition. :nod:

Balltime
07-23-2017, 07:53 PM
This comment basically summarizes my point. When most fans are talking about Ball, it's intangibles, passing, vision, IQ - all the things RR excels at. And it's not a bad thing, Rubio is one of the most entertaining players to watch run the show. The bottom line is, whether Ball is an above average or a great player will depend on his jump shot, and I don't trust it at this time.

Ball though is more athletic than Rubio. I have no idea why Ball athleticism has gotten a bad rap. His straight line speed going from coast to coast is superior. Ball is a much better finisher around the rim, he has displayed tremendous body control. Ball will be a much better rebounder with being taller and longer. Jason Kidd is a better comparison than Rubio, remember Kidd didn't have an outside shot coming into the NBA. While Ball is noted to shoot over 40 percent from 3 in college.

Jamiecballer
07-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Ball though is more athletic than Rubio. I have no idea why Ball athleticism has gotten a bad rap. His straight line speed going from coast to coast is superior. Ball is a much better finisher around the rim, he has displayed tremendous body control. Ball will be a much better rebounder with being taller and longer. Jason Kidd is a better comparison than Rubio, remember Kidd didn't have an outside shot coming into the NBA. While Ball is noted to shoot over 40 percent from 3 in college.
i do. it's the doofus hair.