PDA

View Full Version : Lonzo has "Transcendent Passing" -Rob Pelinka

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Lonzo has been the number #2 prospect since like December. You should quit making statements if you can't back them up.

Lonzo jumped to #2 a few weeks into the NCAA season.

You've backed up nothing yourself.

I'm not gonna go through every scouting website and post all those links here. It's too time consuming and not worth my time just so I can "win" an argument against a biased Lakers fan.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:50 PM
You've backed up nothing yourself.

I'm not gonna go through every scouting website and post all those links here. It's too time consuming and not worth my time just so I can "win" an argument against a biased Lakers fan.

I posted the stats, ball dominated regular and advanced stats.

DX is the most respected draft site around and Lonzo has been #2 since December. Fox was like 10 at the time. I can tell you don't follow college ball and just formed your opinion in the last month of so after seeing Fox play 1 game where he dropped 39 points so I will leave you alone.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 01:51 PM
And you are wrong about Monk. Fox was always rated as the better NBA prospect.

Monk is a 6'3" shooting guard. He was always considered undersized.

Fox was the #7 recruit out of his HS class and the top recruit for UK that year.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:53 PM
And you are wrong about Monk. Fox was always rated as the better NBA prospect.

Monk is a 6'3" shooting guard. He was always considered undersized.

Fox was the #7 recruit out of his HS class and the top recruit for UK that year.

Ok, if you watched any college ball, Monk was the best player on that team most of the year and made a jump into the top 5 like 4 weeks into the season. He dropped 47 against North Carolina mid December and was firmly ahead of Fox.

Again, don't make stuff up if you don't know what you are talking about.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Fox was always rated as the better NBA prospect... the entire time.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Fox was always rated as the better NBA prospect... the entire time.

No he wasn't, he was shooting low 40% a lot of the year, played better in march and into the tourney while Monk went into a huge slump at the end of the season. Monk was on fire through February and fell off hard in March.

Again, just because you say something doesn't make it right.

Players are always rated out of high school and then when they start playing the rankings change. Why don't the top ranked high school players get drafted in the same order come draft time?

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 02:09 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard/2017

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/big-board-top-20-nba-draft-prospects-markelle-fultz-jayson-tatum-josh-jackson-lonzo-ball-051117

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2017-big-board-final-rankings-of-the-top-100-best-players-available/

Just a few examples to illustrate my point. It wasn't a consensus that Ball was the 2nd best prospect in the draft. In the first link, if you click on the names you can see their ranking and analysis.

I'm not disputing that Lonzo was regarded as the better prospect, but the difference is so minimal nobody would have questioned if Fox was picked ahead of him. And my initial point was, if Fox makes big strides with his jumper, it is going to be huge for him.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 02:14 PM
No he wasn't, he was shooting low 40% a lot of the year, played better in march and into the tourney while Monk went into a huge slump at the end of the season. Monk was on fire through February and fell off hard in March.

Players are always rated out of high school and then when they start playing the rankings change. Why don't the top ranked high school players get drafted in the same order come draft time?

It's not what I'm saying. It's what every reputable NBA draft scout was saying. Anyone who knows anything about this knows that it was a consensus that Fox was a better NBA prospect than Monk. Monk is clearly undersized and his only true standout quality is his shooting. He projects to be a Louis Williams type... and streaky scorer off the bench. Everybody knew this the entire time. Fox and Monk both played well at UK, but Fox's measurables, skills, etc translate better in the NBA. Hence the reason he was always considered the better NBA prospect of the two.

Fox was always considered the better NBA prospect. If anything it was Monk's hot play that got him in the conversation for a bit as a potential top prospect. Then when he fell back down to Earth his draft status returned to what it was always meant to be.

Fox was considered a top prospect in this draft from the beginning through to the end. Top recruit, played well at UK, has unique measurables/skill set. He would have been a top 2 pick in a normal, weaker draft. This draft was deep as hell though and not everyone needs a PG.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 02:15 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard/2017

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/big-board-top-20-nba-draft-prospects-markelle-fultz-jayson-tatum-josh-jackson-lonzo-ball-051117

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2017-big-board-final-rankings-of-the-top-100-best-players-available/

Just a few examples to illustrate my point. On the first link, if you click on the names you can see their ranking and analysis.

I'm not disputing that Lonzo was regarded as the better prospect, but the difference is so minimal nobody would have questioned if Fox was picked ahead of him. And my initial point was, if Fox makes big strides with his jumper, it is going to be huge for him.

Lonzo was still ahead in 2 out of 3 of those and those are not even the respected draft guys. The difference is not minimal. You will see. Fox can't shoot, he has a high chance to bust. Not a good shooter or passer. This isn't track and field.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 02:17 PM
It's not what I'm saying. It's what every reputable NBA draft scout was saying. Anyone who knows anything about this knows that it was a consensus that Fox was a better NBA prospect than Monk. Monk is clearly undersized and his only true standout quality is his shooting. He projects to be a Louis Williams type... and streaky scorer off the bench. Everybody knew this the entire time. Fox and Monk both played well at UK, but Fox's measurables, skills, etc translate better in the NBA. Hence the reason he was always considered the better NBA prospect of the two.

Fox was always considered the better NBA prospect. If anything it was Monk's hot play that got him in the conversation for a bit as a potential top prospect. Then when he fell back down to Earth his draft status returned to what it was always meant to be.

Fox was considered a top prospect in this draft from the beginning through to the end. Top recruit, played well at UK, has unique measurables/skill set. He would have been a top 2 pick in a normal, weaker draft. This draft was deep as hell though and not everyone needs a PG.

Fox didn't even paly that well a lot of the season. You will see, he isn't that good.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 02:22 PM
You are one of the last people I am going to listen to about this stuff. Especially considering how biased you are. I remember you from the NFL forum. You're one of the most biased posters on this site.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 02:37 PM
You are one of the last people I am going to listen to about this stuff. Especially considering how biased you are. I remember you from the NFL forum. You're one of the most biased posters on this site.

You don't have to listen to me. You are going to see for yourself.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure you said the same sort of thing about the 49ers beating the Giants in the NFC Championship game several years ago. Then after the Giants won, you disappeared for a while.

bagwell368
07-13-2017, 02:45 PM
In todays NBA if you pass a bit better than Rondo, and shoot a bit worse - that makes you Rondo. The Westbrook type of PG has pretty much exterminated the Cousy/Ernie D/Rondo PG in the NBA.

Everyone loves a stylistic throwback, until they prove that it doesn't work anymore, or his shooting skill isn't enough to pull it off.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2017, 02:51 PM
In todays NBA if you pass a bit better than Rondo, and shoot a bit worse - that makes you Rondo. The Westbrook type of PG has pretty much exterminated the Cousy/Ernie D/Rondo PG in the NBA.

Everyone loves a stylistic throwback, until they prove that it doesn't work anymore, or his shooting skill isn't enough to pull it off.

I get there are differences, but when your comparisons are Kidd/Rubio on every single site that does scouting, yeah, you better make huge improvements, cause that is basically saying you will be a very poor scorer..

IKnowHoops
07-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Hate is going to stop people from seeing/admitting how good Ball looks or actually is. Ball looks to be a great player because he has great vision and he plays the game the right way. Pretty easy to see this if you take a minute and remove your hate/ego from the equation.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2017, 03:16 PM
I never said I didn't like Ball as a prospect. I think he was the right pick for the Lakers.

All I said was Fox has more upside if he improves his jumper.

hugepatsfan
07-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Hate is going to stop people from seeing/admitting how good Ball looks or actually is. Ball looks to be a great player because he has great vision and he plays the game the right way. Pretty easy to see this if you take a minute and remove your hate/ego from the equation.

I still have questions about how he's going to create for himself/others against NBA athletes/defense. I think he'll for sure be a good player because of the things you said but I'm not sure he'll initiate enough offense to be great. And I do think he'll be weak defensively.

Balltime
07-13-2017, 04:37 PM
I still have questions about how he's going to create for himself/others against NBA athletes/defense. I think he'll for sure be a good player because of the things you said but I'm not sure he'll initiate enough offense to be great. And I do think he'll be weak defensively.

Same way as almost everyone in the league, screen and roll

TrueFan420
07-13-2017, 05:18 PM

Man you are posting in the wrong forum... most seem to think their right purely because they say it. Few are open to actual discussion anymore.

Lakers + Giants
07-13-2017, 05:46 PM
well, and judging a rookie is tough. How many rookies are even positive contributors in year 1? The answer is almost none of them, ever.

And you do understand, Laker fans are a big part of why people, you know, don't like the Lakers..

Yea, I get that. Lavar kept saying his boy will be better than Jordan, someone has to be the greatest, why not him. The thing is, if people are going to take everything Lavar says seriously, then that's the problem. He's obviously just trying to hype his boy up and promote his brand, he's going to have to say stupid **** to get the free publicity. Hell, even Magic acknowledged that Lavar told him that himself, it's all just an act. Those that think he actually believes his own **** are the ones that are clueless.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 06:57 PM

but when I say it I am a hater.

GoferKing_
07-13-2017, 06:58 PM
I like Ball's passing, he is willing to involve others and feed them. Also, he likes to keep the ball moving and moving fast. Hope for a good showing with Fox vs Lonzo for years to come.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 08:19 PM
but when I say it I am a hater.

He doesn't come into our forum and troll us.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 08:26 PM
I like Ball's passing, he is willing to involve others and feed them. Also, he likes to keep the ball moving and moving fast. Hope for a good showing with Fox vs Lonzo for years to come.

Looking forward to a nice little rivalry for many years. :clap: Good sport!

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 08:29 PM
He doesn't come into our forum and troll us.

please go and report my posts in your forum as trolling... I give you 100 percent permission... I will take no offense... Your definition of trolling is when anyone disagrees with one of your players in any way shape or form... You think only laker fans can post in the laker forum and thus anyone who says anything negative in any way is a troll or is trolling... You go off on your own members when they have anything negative to say about Ball and call them all types of names and thus have the nerve to say someone else is trolling? gtfo with this.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 08:35 PM
basically this

Me---- Ingram is going to be a sick player and has no chance of busting
Laker fan- You are 100 percent correct sir and congrats

Me after Ingrams bad year---- He had a bad year but his potential was there
Lakers fan- He was incredible gtfo of our forum and stop being a troll/moron

Me--- DLO is going to be the best player from this draft mark it down and the lakers would be dumb to pass on him

Lakers fans---- GTFO OKAFOR is god and we need to draft him asap

Me---- Okafor is trash and is a poor mans Jefferson

Lakers select Russell and the sixers take okafor

Me---- Lakers got the steal of the draft while the sixers are going to regret taking OKA

Lakers fans---- We got the best player in the world with magic johnson like talent... Okafor is now trash

Me after DLO first year----- He and OKAFOR are the 2 worst defenders I have seen

Lakers Mod---- Stop acting like you watch the lakers... DLO is fine defensively and stop ****ing trolling

Yup but I am the troll. This is basically the only thing I hate about laker fans... Whomever they draft most thing is the next coming of jesus and **** everything else. Ball may very well be great but he has major flaws and he could and might bust just as easily as anyone else from this draft and thus my opinion of that makes me a troll while his 2 summer league games make him the best player ever.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 08:42 PM
please go and report my posts in your forum as trolling... I give you 100 percent permission... I will take no offense... Your definition of trolling is when anyone disagrees with one of your players in any way shape or form... You think only laker fans can post in the laker forum and thus anyone who says anything negative in any way is a troll or is trolling... You go off on your own members when they have anything negative to say about Ball and call them all types of names and thus have the nerve to say someone else is trolling? gtfo with this.

What the ... I'm not a rat and I don't report people. Dafuq?

And yes what happens in our forum should stay in our forum, we're a brotherhood.

And I sure as hell don't think only Lakers fans should post in the Lakers Forum. I'm not here to point out every single (has been many) time you come in baiting and trolling us but I am here to let you know why we call you as you like to say "hater"

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 08:44 PM
basically this

Me--- DLO is going to be the best player from this draft mark it down and the lakers would be dumb to pass on him

Me---- Lakers got the steal of the draft while the sixers are going to regret taking OKA

Lakers fans---- We got the best player in the world with magic johnson like talent... Okafor is now trash

Me after DLO first year----- He and OKAFOR are the 2 worst defenders I have seen

Lakers Mod---- Stop acting like you watch the lakers... DLO is fine defensively and stop ****ing trolling

Yup but I am the troll. This is basically the only thing I hate about laker fans... Whomever they draft most thing is the next coming of jesus and **** everything else. Ball may very well be great but he has major flaws and he could and might bust just as easily as anyone else from this draft and thus my opinion of that makes me a troll while his 2 summer league games make him the best player ever.

:crazy:

Aust
07-14-2017, 12:46 AM
I never called you a troll. Don't put words in people's mouths in order to play the victim MTM.

Lakers + Giants
07-14-2017, 01:07 AM
MTM, You have no right calling lakers fans out after calling Embiid a god every chance you get. A player who has played 31 games out of a possible 186. Cmon now. You don't see how ironic your **** is, and you absolutely do go into our forum to try and stir **** up. Don't try to act innocent now. At least have the balls to acknowledge it if youre going to do it.

eDush
07-14-2017, 01:19 AM
MTM, You have no right calling lakers fans out after calling Embiid a god every chance you get. A player who has played 31 games out of a possible 186. Cmon now. You don't see how ironic your **** is, and you absolutely do go into our forum to try and stir **** up. Don't try to act innocent now. At least have the balls to acknowledge it if youre going to do it.I would never call Embiid a god but i had said Fultz is "special" prior to this draft and I continue to stand by that. Other players has very good upside and great promise from their SL performance but Fultz is on another level it's not even funny that Ainge will regret in time, trust me :nod:

https://youtu.be/ASQSTjgf7zs

Balltime
07-14-2017, 01:53 AM
Lonzo passing has been turning heads. Everyone already recognizes what a special talent he is in delivering the rock. He can make all the passes like a great QB can make all the throws.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 03:52 AM
MTM, You have no right calling lakers fans out after calling Embiid a god every chance you get. A player who has played 31 games out of a possible 186. Cmon now. You don't see how ironic your **** is, and you absolutely do go into our forum to try and stir **** up. Don't try to act innocent now. At least have the balls to acknowledge it if youre going to do it.

where am i wrong about his skill.. he has god like talent.. i said it and he played and showed exactly that... his health is irrelevent when it comes to his god like skill... Maybe he is injured forever maybe he is healthy from this point on... His potential is exactly what i stated and he showed exactly that... not at all playing some innocent card you guys just need to take your heads out of your butts.

And this is exactly my point and i said it in your forum before... Why dont we just make it so that only followers of a team can post in a teams forum because there cant be any type of discussion without someone being called a troll... This was before all the Ball crap... I loved russ game more than most laker fans... and instantly when i see issues with his said game it becomes an issue... like i said the **** gets old where you cant say anything negative in someone elses area or you are trolling.

Fun note... I post in the knicks forum as well... and though rarely the celtics area and in football I post in the lions/eagles etc areas. I could go on really.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 03:54 AM
I never called you a troll. Don't put words in people's mouths in order to play the victim MTM.

you basically 100 percent did exactly what your forum does and that is insult/insinuate etc etc when someone has any type of negative opinion about any of your players... I told you russ was a trash defender a year in advance... then everyone else started to say the same thing... I bet you agree now though consider he is a net right? It isnt about playing the victim I dont give a **** what anyone thinks about me.. its about some stupid notion that you have to either be a part of a forum or agree with all things in said forum if you arent part of said forum or you get a bunch of ********.

PurpleLynch
07-14-2017, 05:12 AM
basically this

The two or three posters who you argue with sometimes in Lakers forum are not the whole Lakers fans community.

It's normal to be hyped for rookies, all fans are excited(don't even remember how many threads you did about Simmons,Embiid,Saric and the next is Fultz).

Personally wanted JJ, but if Ball keeps playing like this, I'll have to eat a crow maybe, simple as that and I'm a Laker.

PS: Towns, Porzingis, Turner and Booker had a better impact and showed more flashes of greatness than Russell in these two years. He will be hard to consider him the best player of 2015's draft.

KingstonHawke
07-14-2017, 05:14 AM
Great passer. Amazing vision. Passing is by far his best quality. Still was just the 5th best PG prospect in the draft. Why take a 10-5-10 pick and roll PG with no defense when you could have a potential 25-3-5 PG with defense instead.

PurpleLynch
07-14-2017, 05:26 AM
Great passer. Amazing vision. Passing is by far his best quality. Still was just the 5th best PG prospect in the draft. Why take a 10-5-10 pick and roll PG with no defense when you could have a potential 25-3-5 PG with defense instead.

5th? After Fultz,Fox and?

It's well known that Ball didn't run the pick and roll at UCLA and that's one of the thing he has to work on.

I mean, do you even watched Ball playing? Your post is really flawed. Plus Fultz is not going to average 25 points in his rookie season :eyebrow:

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 05:41 AM
The two or three posters who you argue with sometimes in Lakers forum are not the whole Lakers fans community.

It's normal to be hyped for rookies, all fans are excited(don't even remember how many threads you did about Simmons,Embiid,Saric and the next is Fultz).

Personally wanted JJ, but if Ball keeps playing like this, I'll have to eat a crow maybe, simple as that and I'm a Laker.

PS: Towns, Porzingis, Turner and Booker had a better impact and showed more flashes of greatness than Russell in these two years. He will be hard to consider him the best player of 2015's draft.

mostly just about embiid.. I wanted ingram over simmons because defense... its why I am not as happy with ball... Ball and simmons might have the potential but guys like fultz/JJ/Ingram seem like more sure fire nba players to me... JJ and Ingram esp because defense. I have no issues with Simmons though but worried about his shooting mechanics... Simmons Shooting mechanics and defense worried me.. Its why I am so down on ball because unlike simmons he also lacks size and explosiveness on top of his shooting mechanics and defensive issues.

Embiid I loved from the moment I watched him before the sixers took him. I was a Russ/Ingram fan from day one which is why i talked in the lakers area... Yea I love russ offensive game and vision but i thought he would be much much much better defensively.. He is trash defensively. I still think he will be a very good NBA player while okafor will be out of the league in 3 years.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 05:45 AM

I would have picked ball 4th or 5th behind Fultz/JJ/Fox.... After that if you want to put ball 4th or 5th id have no issues but 5th best PG is not logical... I do like DSJ ALOT though... I wont be surprised if he is better than Fox/ball and fultz. The only one I was 100 percent against in this draft was Tatum lol... shame on me i guess... I wouldnt have taken tatum in my top 7.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Ball would've had like and extra 4/5 assist if guys could hit the open shot. He also has 5+ hockey assist every game so far, it's like hot potato when he starts slinging the ball around, everyone is making the extra pass.

It's hard to believe the kid is 19years old and plays the game with the BBIQ of a 10year vet. He definitely needs to work his conditioning and needs to get bigger but if this is the beginning it's looking special.

Teeboy1487
07-14-2017, 09:14 AM
I love Ball's passing. Best passer and playmaker I've seen in a long time come into the NBA. He simply makes his teammates better and get them easier shots. My concern with Ball is with his scoring. I think his shot needs to be refined and he needs to master the pick and roll. As for defense, if he can become an average defender, I'm pleased. I love his blocks and steals though. I think Ball has so much potential. First thing he needs to do is change that shot .

Lakers + Giants
07-14-2017, 09:45 AM
where am i wrong about his skill.. he has god like talent.. i said it and he played and showed exactly that... his health is irrelevent when it comes to his god like skill... Maybe he is injured forever maybe he is healthy from this point on... His potential is exactly what i stated and he showed exactly that... not at all playing some innocent card you guys just need to take your heads out of your butts.

And this is exactly my point and i said it in your forum before... Why dont we just make it so that only followers of a team can post in a teams forum because there cant be any type of discussion without someone being called a troll... This was before all the Ball crap... I loved russ game more than most laker fans... and instantly when i see issues with his said game it becomes an issue... like i said the **** gets old where you cant say anything negative in someone elses area or you are trolling.

Fun note... I post in the knicks forum as well... and though rarely the celtics area and in football I post in the lions/eagles etc areas. I could go on really.

It's one thing to post it once, it's another thing to keep posting the same exact **** day after day. Example if he has a bad game and you go and,post how his defense and shot were ***, ok yea agreed. Then the rest of the games he plays good or great and you'll post the exact same ****. At that point it's redundant, it's refusal to acknowledge the positives and it's just blatant trolling/baiting.

Its like the Harden / IT ****. You can **** on em cuz of their defense if you want, but doing so after they have a 40 point game is just stupid as ****. But no, you'll just say. Something along the lines of "I'll say it right now anyway because im not afraid to speak my mind, his defense was ***" but yea, the positives still completely outshined the negatives. That's were you're completely wrong.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Rubio is a better passer than Ball is. Better defender by a mile.

However, Rubio never learned to score at even a bad level. That will be the key for Ball.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 09:59 AM
I would have picked ball 4th or 5th behind Fultz/JJ/Fox.... After that if you want to put ball 4th or 5th id have no issues but 5th best PG is not logical... I do like DSJ ALOT though... I wont be surprised if he is better than Fox/ball and fultz. The only one I was 100 percent against in this draft was Tatum lol... shame on me i guess... I wouldnt have taken tatum in my top 7.

It's all a guessing game at the end of the day. We don't know anything really lol. The NBA draft is really tough to get right.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 10:03 AM
Lol Ball isn't the 5th best PG prospect. Cmon now lol.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 10:07 AM
Dennis Smith Jr is out playing everyone lol

Watch him end up being the best PG in this draft class

J4KOP99
07-14-2017, 10:15 AM
I've watched all of dsj so far and he's definitely fun to watch- but in a Stevie Francis type of way.

This is a very good pg class so saying dsj will be the best means he will most likely be an all-time great. Don't see that yet. Maybe you're watching from a different angle. Who knows?

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 10:17 AM
He will probably definitely be the best scoring PG in the draft, since Fultz will be fighting injuries.

But best pure pg, not too sure about that.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 10:26 AM
glad we have so many experts that are able to pin guys career rankings down from watching the SL action from a bunch of 19 year olds

hugepatsfan
07-14-2017, 10:43 AM
Same way as almost everyone in the league, screen and roll

Pick and roll though is usually based off of either the ball handler being able to get to the rim on the defense (either through quickness or strength/size) or being a great shooter that forces the D to have to go over. I don't think Lonzo is going to bring either of those at a high level so I'm not sure he's going to be great at the PnR.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Pick and roll though is usually based off of either the ball handler being able to get to the rim on the defense (either through quickness or strength/size) or being a great shooter that forces the D to have to go over. I don't think Lonzo is going to bring either of those at a high level so I'm not sure he's going to be great at the PnR.

Rubio is an easy case as an example. He can't shoot, so teams go under. He can't blow by, so he just can't score well. Sure, he can pass as well as Magic did, but it just limits what a guy can do if he is not a good scorer.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 11:08 AM
glad we have so many experts that are able to pin guys career rankings down from watching the SL action from a bunch of 19 year olds

Shittt..... you do it with barely watching. Lol

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 11:16 AM

I have seen plenty of Ball to formulate an opinion.

I haven't seen much of Fultz, or Smith yet. Honestly in college it's tough to evaluate properly, it's a totally different game. Certain things translate, certain things don't.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 11:18 AM
I have seen plenty of Ball to formulate an opinion.

I haven't seen much of Fultz, or Smith yet. Honestly in college it's tough to evaluate properly, it's a totally different game. Certain things translate, certain things don't.

You just knocked guys for evaluating off SL.

You just said it's tough to evaluate in college.

Where exactly are you or have you seen Ball play to evaluate his game?

You're too much. Knocki5guys for having an opinion off SL but you have seen enough to have an opinion. Get out of here with that BS.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 11:25 AM
You just knocked guys for evaluating off SL.

You just said it's tough to evaluate in college.

Where exactly are you or have you seen Ball play to evaluate his game?

You're too much. Knocki5guys for having an opinion off SL but you have seen enough to have an opinion. Get out of here with that BS.

I am knocking guys for throwing out rankings for players before they play and NBA game.

I stated, the things I believe Ball will struggle with. That is easy to see, that he doesn't have great burst, doesn't have a great shot, and struggles defensively. You can see that clear as day, in his mechanics, and athletic ability. It wouldn't matter if he was guarding nobody, it's right there for you. You can also see he has great vision and touch on his passing. But that alone doesn't mean you will be great, trust me, my Wolves had a player with the exact same strengths, except he was a great defender too. In today's NBA, if you can't score, you will be picked on.

Being 19 gives plenty of time to learn. But you can't change natural athletic ability.

I get he is a Laker, therefore he must be amazing, as was Ingram before him, and Russell before him. But that isn't how it works. Remove the bias dude, seriously.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 11:30 AM

:laugh2: it's hilarious tbh

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 11:33 AM
He's been hating and taking trash on the Lakers for over a decade. Yet, Laker fans are the ones being bias :p

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 11:37 AM
He's been hating and taking trash on the Lakers for over a decade. Yet, Laker fans are the ones being bias :p

yet my posting has been far more accurate, and reasonable, than yours. Or his.

I have never hid my hatred for Kobe, or the Lakers. But I have always been very fair regarding them.

I wouldn't expect you to agree. I expect a snarky remark that gives me nothing..

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 11:44 AM
What? Accurate? You're hilarious. Your "accurate opinion" on Kobe is you think he's a top 15. I've seen you say that multiple times, when every professional analyst, pros and practically the entire NBA community disagrees.

Yet, it's accurate because it's your opinion....lol and reasonable. Please.

You're a smart guy, and persistent but when it comes to the Lakers, you have always been biased and your hate shows no boundaries. It's not just you, and you know that's ok, I understand. You hate the Lakers and you're enjoying kicking them while they're down.

eDush
07-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Dennis Smith Jr is out playing everyone lol

Watch him end up being the best PG in this draft classThat's what you said about Michael Beasley too after his great SL game over Rose who looked bad but how did that turn smart guy?
:laugh:

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 11:45 AM
:laugh2: "fair"

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 11:55 AM
What? Accurate? You're hilarious. Your "accurate opinion" on Kobe is you think he's a top 15. I've seen you say that multiple times, when every professional analyst, pros and practically the entire NBA community disagrees.

Yet, it's accurate because it's your opinion....lol and reasonable. Please.

You're a smart guy, and persistent but when it comes to the Lakers, you have always been biased and your hate shows no boundaries. It's not just you, and you know that's ok, I understand. You hate the Lakers and you're enjoying kicking them while they're down.

I mean, easiest example, ever. Win predictions last year. I said Lakers land around 25-28, got the "you are a hater" ****. And look what happens..

My opinion on Kobe, as stated a hundred times, is in the 8-11 tier. That is widely agreed upon.

I do enjoy the Lakers being down. I always will. I don't expect them to stay down, but I also don't trust their current management. Furthermore, I don't really let their success, or lack there of, bother me. You tend to care less about trivial things like sports as you age..

Lakers + Giants
07-14-2017, 12:02 PM
I am knocking guys for throwing out rankings for players before they play and NBA game.

I stated, the things I believe Ball will struggle with. That is easy to see, that he doesn't have great burst, doesn't have a great shot, and struggles defensively. You can see that clear as day, in his mechanics, and athletic ability. It wouldn't matter if he was guarding nobody, it's right there for you. You can also see he has great vision and touch on his passing. But that alone doesn't mean you will be great, trust me, my Wolves had a player with the exact same strengths, except he was a great defender too. In today's NBA, if you can't score, you will be picked on.

Being 19 gives plenty of time to learn. But you can't change natural athletic ability.

I get he is a Laker, therefore he must be amazing, as was Ingram before him, and Russell before him. But that isn't how it works. Remove the bias dude, seriously.

This post sums it up well. Difference between this post and one if MTMs is that you acknowledge there's room to grow since he's 19, you give him a chance to improve his jumper/ defense. Where as MTM will just say, he'll never live up to the hype because he can't play defense / shoot right now. As if a 19 year old has no room for improvement. THAT'S the big difference between posting something with substance or just flat out hating. You looked at it from a neutral perspective instead of being biased. Thank you :)

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Actually a lot of us thought, we were only going to win 20-30 games last year.

There's a lot of Lakers fans.

Also, just saying Kobe is out of the top 10 is ridiculous and it's sure as hell not a widely regarded opinion.

Look, it's obvious we're on opposite ends of the spectrum but it doesn't mean we can't get along :)

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 12:22 PM
This post sums it up well. Difference between this post and one if MTMs is that you acknowledge there's room to grow since he's 19, you give him a chance to improve his jumper/ defense. Where as MTM will just say, he'll never live up to the hype because he can't play defense / shoot right now. As if a 19 year old has no room for improvement. THAT'S the big difference between posting something with substance or just flat out hating. You looked at it from a neutral perspective instead of being biased. Thank you :)

Lol MTM is like a bratty child.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 12:23 PM

Mike Miller, considered a great shooter, completely tore down his form after year 2-3, and built it again, and became a great shooter. Things can change if you are willing to work on your skill weaknesses. I don't see the lateral speed for Ball to ever be an elite defender, but again, he is smart enough. to put himself in good positions as a team defender if he learns.

I am only giving my evaluation of what I see. That doesn't mean a 19 year old is a finished product.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Actually a lot of us thought, we were only going to win 20-30 games last year.

There's a lot of Lakers fans.

Also, just saying Kobe is out of the top 10 is ridiculous and it's sure as hell not a widely regarded opinion.

Look, it's obvious we're on opposite ends of the spectrum but it doesn't mean we can't get along :)

MJ
Wilt/Kareem
LeBron/Duncan/Shaq/Magic

they are all better than Kobe. I can't be convinced otherwise.

Bird/Russell/Hakeem

those are the guys he shares a tier with. Better, worse, whatever.

8-11 is where Kobe lands. To me. And I think most would agree with that.

Lakers + Giants
07-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Mike Miller, considered a great shooter, completely tore down his form after year 2-3, and built it again, and became a great shooter. Things can change if you are willing to work on your skill weaknesses. I don't see the lateral speed for Ball to ever be an elite defender, but again, he is smart enough. to put himself in good positions as a team defender if he learns.

I am only giving my evaluation of what I see. That doesn't mean a 19 year old is a finished product.

Exactly. :clap:

Lakers + Giants
07-14-2017, 12:28 PM
MJ
Wilt/Kareem
LeBron/Duncan/Shaq/Magic

they are all better than Kobe. I can't be convinced otherwise.

Bird/Russell/Hakeem

those are the guys he shares a tier with. Better, worse, whatever.

8-11 is where Kobe lands. To me. And I think most would agree with that.

I was going to post almost the exact same thing.

Jordan
Kareem/Lebron
Shaq/Wilt
Duncan/Magic
Kobe/Hakeem

I don't think you can seriously take Russell over kobe. Bird I can at least entertain but i think Kobes longevity puts him above pretty clearly.

Basically i have Kobe and Hakeem fighting over that 8th spot with the other getting 9th.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 12:36 PM

Jordan
Kareem/Lebron
Shaq/Wilt
Duncan/Magic
Kobe/Hakeem

I don't think you can seriously take Russell over kobe. Bird I can at least entertain but i think Kobes longevity puts him above pretty clearly.

Basically i have Kobe and Hakeem fighting over that 8th spot with the other getting 9th.
**** that. Kobe is better than Duncan.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 12:39 PM
I have Kobe at 7/8 as well but I mean ranking are stupid. I never understood how we can rank players for 50years or so, it makes it completely flawed. It would be much better having a after 90's top 10 and before 90's top 10.

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 12:40 PM

To your point on the bottom, Ingram is real and will be an all star, Russell will easily be a all star in the East in the next 3 years, and the reason why people think Lonzo will be amazing, is because since summer league started in 1994 there have been over 10000 players who have played Summer league, including, LeBron, Kobe, TD, Tmac, Jason Kidd, Russell Westbrook, KD, Harden, Carmelo and not once in all those years has a triple double been recorded and they all played against inferior talent also. So in 4 games in Summer league, Lonzo has 2 triple doubles and one 36 point 11 assist game which know one has ever done either at summer league. I see your side, but he is much better than Rubio, please stop using that comparison. If people don't expect Laker fans to be excited about this guy and Ingram, what the hell are Laker fans ever suppose to be happy about. This guy brings legit talent, leadership and winning and he is way more athletic than you give him credit for.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 12:40 PM

I can see why people would pick Timmy but I for see as hell would take Kobe before Timmy if I got one for their careers.

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 12:50 PM

Yeah Kobe ahead of Duncan and the Shaq one I will debate. Shaq most dominate force of all time, was also out of shape much of his career, played on 9 teams, has less rings then Kobe and is not nearly as globally popular than Kobe. Other than one finals MVP more than Kobe, Kobe has more all star games, seasons, all NBA teams, all NBA defensive teams, points, scoring titles, assists, steals, wins and loyalty. Duncan played with maybe the greatest coach of all time, and never once played on a team with out at least 1 other hall of famer. Duncan had the luxury to rest and take games off, sometimes be the 4th or 5th option and they could still win. Kobe never had that luxury and Kobe had 8 different coaches and was always number 1 or 2. And he is a Global icon, when sports writer to the new NBA top 50, I guarantee Kobe is top 6.

MJ
Kareem
Magic/LeBron
Wilt/Kobe/TD
Shaq/Hakeem

Kobe comes in at the 5-7 range

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 12:56 PM
I can see why people would pick Timmy but I for see as hell would take Kobe before Timmy if I got one for their careers.

Smart here. I see the case for Tim. Kobe all day though

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Duncan and Shaq both > Kobe

Efficiency matters

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Duncan and Shaq both > Kobe

Efficiency matters

Off topic

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Huh?

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 01:08 PM
I hate to say it, but when Durant's career is over he'll probably be somewhere in the top 10 all time. I can't believe he's only 28.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 01:14 PM
That's what you said about Michael Beasley too after his great SL game over Rose who looked bad but how did that turn smart guy?
:laugh:

I said that? I don't remember ever saying that. I don't think I even followed Summer League back then.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 01:14 PM
Huh?

This isn't a top 10 thread. Back on topic. I can see Lonzo end up at 1 though

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 01:57 PM
To your point on the bottom, Ingram is real and will be an all star, Russell will easily be a all star in the East in the next 3 years, and the reason why people think Lonzo will be amazing, is because since summer league started in 1994 there have been over 10000 players who have played Summer league, including, LeBron, Kobe, TD, Tmac, Jason Kidd, Russell Westbrook, KD, Harden, Carmelo and not once in all those years has a triple double been recorded and they all played against inferior talent also. So in 4 games in Summer league, Lonzo has 2 triple doubles and one 36 point 11 assist game which know one has ever done either at summer league. I see your side, but he is much better than Rubio, please stop using that comparison. If people don't expect Laker fans to be excited about this guy and Ingram, what the hell are Laker fans ever suppose to be happy about. This guy brings legit talent, leadership and winning and he is way more athletic than you give him credit for.

right there I stopped reading. Nope, unless he makes monstrous improvements, he won't. His rookie year was not good, at all. He has so far to go before being a plus NBA player. Bottom of the league in VORP, WARP, TS%, and basically any other metric you can come up with. I will admit, he feels like he is better when you watch him, then you see his numbers.

He would need to make MASSIVE improvements to ever sniff an all star game. This coming from a Wolves fan, with Andrew Wiggins, who I am very hard on. Wiggins takes a dump on Ingram dude.

The rest, meh. When you are pointing to a guys "leadership", don't care about the rest. Intangibles are used when there is nothing else to grasp.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 01:58 PM

nah, he isn't.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 02:00 PM

Jordan
Kareem/Lebron
Shaq/Wilt
Duncan/Magic
Kobe/Hakeem

ugh, I toss Russell in there because he won so ****ing much. But as an individual player, no way on earth I take him over Kobe for example.

Bird is another. I personally take Kobe over Bird, but not by enough to debate back and forth about it. That is why I use tiers. I won't bark at a guy for having Kobe anywhere from 8-11. Ahead, or behind, and I will chime in..

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 02:28 PM

Jordan
Kareem/Lebron
Shaq/Wilt
Duncan/Magic
Kobe/Hakeem

I don't really know where to rank Russell. I never have.

I think you are underrating Hakeem. I have Hakeem as the 3rd best big man with Duncan and Shaq right behind.

I do have Bird over Kobe as well. I think some of you are underrating Bird quite a bit.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 04:02 PM
nah, he isn't.

I mean, you don't need to respond to a comment I made. It isn't wrong or right. Most experts and talking heads go Kobe.

Your opinion to me is worthless. You really don't know what you are talking about most of the time. Probably mad that you used to pump up Bird and he is about to fall of the list when KD and Stephen join.

Just enjoy sitting back and never witnessing your favorite basketball team never win a championship in your lifetime. No wonder you are so bitter. Somebody kick your dog? A Laker fan **** your girl?

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 04:04 PM
I don't really know where to rank Russell. I never have.

I think you are underrating Hakeem. I have Hakeem as the 3rd best big man with Duncan and Shaq right behind.

I do have Bird over Kobe as well. I think some of you are underrating Bird quite a bit.

You probably never even seen Bird play. Just mad Shaq and Kobe used to smash the Kings when you started rooting for them.

Just like your Fox analysis, no substance behind what you say, just your opinion.

SteBO
07-14-2017, 04:12 PM
I mean, you don't need to respond to a comment I made. It isn't wrong or right. Most experts and talking heads go Kobe.

Your opinion to me is worthless. You really don't know what you are talking about most of the time. Probably mad that you used to pump up Bird and he is about to fall of the list when KD and Stephen join.

Just enjoy sitting back and never witnessing your favorite basketball team never win a championship in your lifetime. No wonder you are so bitter. Somebody kick your dog? A Laker fan **** your girl?

You probably never even seen Bird play. Just mad Shaq and Kobe used to smash the Kings when you started rooting for them.

Just like your Fox analysis, no substance behind what you say, just your opinion.
For the love of God.....Kobe's great and always has been. But the lengths you go to admonish and ether folks over the internet because they dare to analyze your guy is disturbing.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 04:16 PM

nah, they don't

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 04:18 PM
nah, they don't

That doesn't even make sense. No they don't?

I see you fixed it.

You can look at any lists on the big publications from time to time and over 50% have kobe. Your life must suck. So full of hate. And you have that addiction problem. Dan son.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 04:22 PM
For the love of God.....Kobe's great and always has been. But the lengths you go to admonish and ether folks over the internet because they dare to analyze your guy is disturbing.

And the lengths you go to to talk to me and give your opinion are disturbing. You really think your comment is useful?

This is a London thread, people are turning it into a Kobe Lakers bashing thread.

Bostonjorge
07-14-2017, 04:24 PM
"Experts" are a role you play on TV.

Ex players have Kobe right next to Jordan.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 05:03 PM
That doesn't even make sense. No they don't?

I see you fixed it.

You can look at any lists on the big publications from time to time and over 50% have kobe. Your life must suck. So full of hate. And you have that addiction problem. Dan son.

you nailed me. Miserable, and living vicariously through the failures of a Los Angeles team.

the publications we get here in my small town have Kobe ranked around 10th. Sticking with that..

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 05:04 PM
you nailed me. Miserable, and living vicariously through the failures of a Los Angeles team.

the publications we get here in my small town have Kobe ranked around 10th. Sticking with that..
That's great.

Back on topic though. Lonzo probably gets rookie of the year. Read somewhere his SL numbers are better than Curry, CP3, and Wall.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 05:05 PM
its bashing to say Kobe ranks anywhere from the 8th, to 11th greatest player to play in the NBA? huh

If you post it in random threads. Seems like you do it a lot.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 05:06 PM
And the lengths you go to to talk to me and give your opinion are disturbing. You really think your comment is useful?

This is a London thread, people are turning it into a Kobe Lakers bashing thread.

its bashing to say Kobe ranks anywhere from the 8th, to 11th greatest player to play in the NBA? huh

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 05:08 PM
If you post it in random threads. Seems like you do it a lot.

I doubt I have more than a handful of posts regarding Kobe in the last 2 years. But, memories are funny, you remember what you want.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Lonzo Ball ROY.

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 05:11 PM
right there I stopped reading. Nope, unless he makes monstrous improvements, he won't. His rookie year was not good, at all. He has so far to go before being a plus NBA player. Bottom of the league in VORP, WARP, TS%, and basically any other metric you can come up with. I will admit, he feels like he is better when you watch him, then you see his numbers.

He would need to make MASSIVE improvements to ever sniff an all star game. This coming from a Wolves fan, with Andrew Wiggins, who I am very hard on. Wiggins takes a dump on Ingram dude.

The rest, meh. When you are pointing to a guys "leadership", don't care about the rest. Intangibles are used when there is nothing else to grasp.

Those stats mean nothing to me. I understand the eye test, and I work for the organization, I see him everyday, he will be an all-star.

Put your money where your mouth is, Ingram will be an all star with in 4 years, this year he breaks out next to Lonzo. 500$ private message me for my email and pay pal info. And Ingram will be a much better player than Wiggins down the road. Another bet we can make. Just let me know, you can't even see the eye test with Lonzo, so I know you don't see it with Ingram. You will be wrong, your way too focused on stats.

I mean your wrong about everything.

The clippers, the twolves, talent, rankings, what will happen with the Lakers, it's become hard for me to take you seriously.

I remember arguing with about the Clippers and how they would never get out of the 2nd round, you were certain they would take over this town and at least get to a conference championship, how did that work for you? Minnesota playoffs last year? Please. Rubio, Lonzo, just stop

8kobe24
07-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Those with the politically correct bs and "observations" can go ahead and suck on Lonzo's Balls. Haters will always see it differently and say some bs like "Ehehehem...base on what I see, he's slow laterally, and can't run PNR, can't play D, can't create his own shot, it's summer league, blaah blah, look mommy, I can pee on my own and wipe my own azz!". Trying too hard to sound right and credible, but not realizing they are looking like fools with the ***** they say. They claim it's based on "facts" because they read it from the internet, of course not before googling the big words to make sure they understood what they read.

The kid can play and has shown more than enough of what he can do, and he WILL be even better over time...

..Oh, then you got the fools with the Kobe hate. Get over it, the man is a legend and one of the GOATs...y'all can go suck on Lonzo's Balls too.

SteBO
07-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Those stats mean nothing to me. I understand the eye test, and I work for the organization, I see him everyday, he will be an all-star.

Put your money where your mouth is, Ingram will be an all star with in 4 years, this year he breaks out next to Lonzo. 500$ private message me for my email and pay pal info. And Ingram will be a much better player than Wiggins down the road. Another bet we can make. Just let me know, you can even see the eye test with Lonzo, so I know you don't see it with Ingram. You will be wrong
Lonzo is a simple PG to me, and I don't even mean it in a bad way. I watch him, and all he does is make the simple pass....nothing flashy. I can see a Chauncey Billups in him (shoots 3s, makes simple plays, high quality leadership, unsure athleticism). Chauncey's been my personal favorite non superstar player ever.

Time will tell if he ever develops the strength and physical toughness of a guy like him, but he seems to have those above mentioned qualities already at 19. I just think you're setting yourself for disappointment if you're expecting anything more. Things can change of course....again, he's only 19.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 05:18 PM

Put your money where your mouth is, Ingram will be an all star with in 4 years, this year he breaks out next to Lonzo. 500$ private message me for my email and pay pal info. And Ingram will be a much better player than Wiggins down the road. Another bet we can make. Just let me know, you can even see the eye test with Lonzo, so I know you don't see it with Ingram. You will be wrong

Of course those stats mean nothing to you, you just predicted Ingram will be an all star, out west.

He needs to make giant improvements to even be a replacement level player. Probably want him to start there, before pushing his all star nod.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 05:21 PM
Those with the politically correct bs and "observations" can go ahead and suck on Lonzo's Balls. Haters will always see it differently and say some bs like "Ehehehem...base on what I see, he's slow laterally, and can't run PNR, can't play D, can't create his own shot, it's summer league, blaah blah, look mommy, I can pee on my own and wipe my own azz!". Trying too hard to sound right and credible, but not realizing they are looking like fools with the ***** they say. They claim it's based on "facts" because they read it from the internet, of course not before googling the big words to make sure they understood what they read.

The kid can play and has shown more than enough of what he can do, and he WILL be even better over time...

..Oh, then you got the fools with the Kobe hate. Get over it, the man is a legend and one of the GOATs...y'all can go suck on Lonzo's Balls too.

Yep. Of the thousands, and thousands of players who have played in the NBA, he is in the elite of the elite.

Apparently that isn't enough to get past the "hater" accusation.

SteBO
07-14-2017, 05:21 PM
Yep. Of the thousands, and thousands of players who have played in the NBA, he is in the elite of the elite.

Apparently that isn't enough to get past the "hater" accusation.
It's a magic trick....they create these straw men arguments and attach it to you to make themselves seem like the rational ones. I usually just let them bathe in the ignorance....but I'm failing at that so I'm done. I'll allow them to soar....

Hawkeye15
07-14-2017, 05:22 PM
Some of you Laker fans are the most insecure fans I have come across. My god

"someone doesn't agree that your guys will be awesome, they are a hater, now I must attack their team."

That is pretty much the way it works for many of you

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 05:24 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/6n73xg/lonzo_vs_other_star_pgs_in_summer_league/

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 05:27 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/6n73xg/lonzo_vs_other_star_pgs_in_summer_league/

Boom. Not bad for Lonzo. Keep up the predictions. I'll hand out receipts through the season.

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 05:37 PM

"someone doesn't agree that your guys will be awesome, they are a hater, now I must attack their team."

This is where you are wrong, I'm only talking about Ingram and Ball. I'm not high on Randle or Clarkson and although I think Dangelo will be an all star, not out west only the east!

But Ingram and Lonzo are another story, and with the crazy laker fans, and the skill these 2 posses, they will get in a all star game. I mean Lonzo wears Nikes and look what happens. BI is on another level, talk to me on the 15th ov Novemeber, and let me know if the projection of his sudden dominance is wrong.

He was under weight, core strength not good, shot needed adjustment, and he played with a bunch of ball hogs, this year will be a game changer next to Lonzo.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 05:42 PM

Wow! Post this in our Forum too, that's just so damn Sexy!!!

LivinLakers
07-14-2017, 05:52 PM
All I know is watching Lonzo in the last 2 SL games has been a blast. Dude is making basketball fun for the Lakers again. That in and of itself is something for Lakers fans to be excited about and we aren't interested in anyone raining on our parade because there hasn't been too much to be excited about for us Lakers fans lately.

So if some fans seem a little salty when their players get criticism, understand that they are working hard to protect a legacy while also trying to find some hope in our future.

We got spoiled and really don't like this feeling we have had the last 4 years. So now when see something that gives us hope that our fortunes are changing we are gonna hold on to it like our lives depend on it.

Gritz
07-14-2017, 06:24 PM
All I know is watching Lonzo in the last 2 SL games has been a blast. Dude is making basketball fun for the Lakers again. That in and of itself is something for Lakers fans to be excited about and we aren't interested in anyone raining on our parade because there hasn't been too much to be excited about for us Lakers fans lately.

So if some fans seem a little salty when their players get criticism, understand that they are working hard to protect a legacy while also trying to find some hope in our future.

We got spoiled and really don't like this feeling we have had the last 4 years. So now when see something that gives us hope that our fortunes are changing we are gonna hold on to it like our lives depend on it.

Man up and stop apologizing...

Tell the haters to come at you bro

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Man up and stop apologizing...

Tell the haters to come at you bro

:laugh2: this guy is awesome

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 06:50 PM

They will just say you are a hater and follow it up with whatever they think helps their ludicrous opinion and take it as the end all be all... if its stats they use stats... if stats scream other wise like it did last year for ingram they will go with the eye test... if both come up short they will go with haters gonna hate /rinse repeat.

For some odd reason Ingram is their GOAT whom i like but his year last year was awful... DLO is their scape goat when his first 2 years were actually good. His rookie year was much much better than Ingrams... But like I said if they traded ingram tomorrow he would instantly be overrated all of a sudden.

tredigs
07-14-2017, 07:17 PM

Jordan
Kareem/Lebron
Shaq/Wilt
Duncan/Magic
Kobe/Hakeem

You can definitely seriously take Russell over Kobe (and it is very common). Ultimately you can break basketball down to offense, defense and rebounding, and Bill has a strong case as the best in two of those three categories. Being arguably the greatest winner + leader does not hurt his case either. Some people don't think he could play in today's league which is just hilarious to me. Wilt Chamberlain Rollin' over in his grave (literally).

tredigs
07-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Lonzo is going to be a highly impactful player for sure. His vision and playmaking ensures that. His shot is just far too slow though. He could get away with the terrible form, but not if it is also that slow. Him struggling to score efficiently in summer league is not a good sign.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Lonzo is going to be a highly impactful player for sure. His vision and playmaking ensures that. His shot is just far too slow though. He could get away with the terrible form, but not if it is also that slow. Him struggling to score efficiently in summer league is not a good sign.

tredigs
07-14-2017, 07:40 PM

Obviously other stars have struggled shooting in their small sample sizes as well. The difference is we have legitimate reasons to question how efficient he can be against NBA talent with his terrible release point + speed of release.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 07:44 PM
Obviously other stars have struggled shooting in their small sample sizes as well. The difference is we have legitimate reasons to question how efficient he can be against NBA talent with his terrible release point + speed of release.

His release is actually pretty quick. Had some sport science thing about it. I think it is rust from not playing in over 2 months. Definitely something to keep an eye on. He has changed if FT mechanics in the last 2 months so maybe he reworks his shot, but it would probably be after this season if it doesn't work. Like how they have remade Ingrams stroke.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 07:44 PM

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2016/statistics/las_vegas/

that was last year... maaaaaaaaan look at that boy trey lyles and his summer league performance and how he followed it up during the regular season. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

How about that bad boy mudiay? he dropped 23/8/6 on 44 percent shooting.. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN . He went on to have a fantastic year last year right?

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 07:46 PM
They will just say you are a hater and follow it up with whatever they think helps their ludicrous opinion and take it as the end all be all... if its stats they use stats... if stats scream other wise like it did last year for ingram they will go with the eye test... if both come up short they will go with haters gonna hate /rinse repeat.

For some odd reason Ingram is their GOAT whom i like but his year last year was awful... DLO is their scape goat when his first 2 years were actually good. His rookie year was much much better than Ingrams... But like I said if they traded ingram tomorrow he would instantly be overrated all of a sudden.

I love DLo I did not want them to trade him, he is not a scapegoat in some ways he is our savior, our savior from the idiot contract the stupid front office gave to Mosgov. DLo got rid of that contract, gave us a good center who hit the same number of 3's then Dlo, and still have cap space in the summer. Lopez really helps Randle as well, Randle can't shoot to save his life, Lopez will sit at the 3 point line and Randle can feast inside.

Ingram has all the tools, is on another level. As I said before, I work for the team, I see him everyday, this year will be a game changer for Ingram.

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 07:47 PM

that was last year... maaaaaaaaan look at that boy trey lyles and his summer league performance and how he followed it up during the regular season. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

How about that bad boy mudiay? he dropped 23/8/6 on 44 percent shooting.. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN . He went on to have a fantastic year last year right?

You obviously didn't read your own link, Lyles played 2 games and Mudiay 1. Nice try bro, give it up.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 07:48 PM
I love DLo I did not want them to trade him, he is not a scapegoat in some ways he is our savior, our savior from the idiot contract the stupid front office gave to Mosgov. DLo got rid of that contract, gave us a good center who hit the same number of 3's then Dlo, and still have cap space in the summer. Lopez really helps Randle as well, Randle can't shoot to save his life, Lopez will sit at the 3 point line and Randle can feast inside.

Ingram has all the tools, is on another level. As I said before, I work for the team, I see him everyday, this year will be a game changer for Ingram.

i think ingram is going to become a magical defender and anything he does on offense will be the cherry on top... I cant believe how bad DLO was on defense but he was i still have hope he was just being lazy and being traded is the kick in the *** he needed... Ingram last year was pretty bad but again there is next to no chance he busts because of his length and defense... If the offense and shot happen like you say then there is no doubt in my mind he could be a top player... Hawk is just going by last year and rightfully so.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 07:49 PM
You obviously didn't read your own link, Lyles played 2 games and Mudiay 1. Nice try bro, give it up.

i 100 percent did... 2 games lyles compared to 3 from ball... 3 good games might I add... Small sample size for the win is my point.

I could go back about 4 years and show you over that span all the 1 hit wonders who dominated summer league and died once the regular season started. Give what up? Throwing out facts?

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 07:50 PM

What do you do for the team?!?!?

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 07:52 PM

:laugh2: what a dumbass!

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 07:54 PM

Looks like this guy is back. Even people in the sixers forum think he isn't that bright. They usually go with the opposite.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 07:55 PM

um i think you are the one that didnt look... this is what ya do... click on the link... there is a tab that says las vegas summer league where lyles played 2 games... THEN THERE IS A TAB THAT SAYS UTAH WHERE HE PLAYED 3 MORE GAMES and put up 21/10... 5 games where he put up 25/9 on a better shooting percentage than ball.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 07:56 PM
The link wasn't to prove he was great, it was to show the shooting struggles of some all stars of the past. Way over MTMs head.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 07:57 PM
The link wasn't to prove he was great, it was to show the shooting struggles of some all stars of the past. Way over MTMs head.

no it was to prove he is great because that is what you do while i answered with showing you a guy that was INCREDIBLE in summer league and was **** during the regular season... and I could show you about 30 more guys as well.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 08:01 PM
no it was to prove he is great because that is what you do while i answered with showing you a guy that was INCREDIBLE in summer league and was **** during the regular season... and I could show you about 30 more guys as well.

It proves both.

Also, did you notice that most people on PSD think you are an idiot? Not just Lakers fans. Like an overwhelming amount of people. Nobody takes you seriously. Football forum, baseball forum, basketball forum, your favorite teams forums, everyone seems to agree that you are not that bright.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Oh fun note... Its not the fact that its summer league... he could have come out and dropped 1 assist per game with horrid turnovers and he would still have amazing vision because that is his strength and 4 games wouldnt change that... He has had a damn good summer league but that does not fix his main issues that have kept me from thinking why he will struggle... AGAIN much like why i figured simmons would... SHOT/DEFENSE... and both in these 4 games have hurt him ... his passing as usual has been other worldly and a strength.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 08:02 PM

Show me one that was a top 3 pick.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 08:03 PM
It proves both.

Also, did you notice that most people on PSD think you are an idiot? Not just Lakers fans. Like an overwhelming amount of people. Nobody takes you seriously. Football forum, baseball forum, basketball forum, your favorite teams forums, everyone seems to agree that you are not that bright.

pot/kettle

this has always been your go to move when you have no leg to stand on and cant debate.. it starts with ridiculing someones grammar.... then it goes with whatever fits your argument while you disregaurd everything else... example the eye test... if the eye test is bad its the stats and reverse... When all else fails you then do what you do in the post above and call someone a joke and say they are annoying or hated like said poster actually gives a ****... Then you get really mad and throw a tantrum and get banned for whatever reason. This is your history in a nutshell.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Show me one that was a top 3 pick.

Brandon Ingram, Los Angeles Lakers (Drafted No. 2)
Ingram earned rave reviews from Kevin Durant and put up solid numbers with averages of 12.2 points (on 41.2 percent shooting), 4.2 rebounds and 1.8 assists. Overall though, the Lakers' No. 2 overall pick was somewhat inconsistent, yet with his athleticism, length and skill set the potential is clearly there and his game will surely expand during the regular season.

Ended up not doing much come the regular season... was the number 2 pick.

I could do the research and find several guys if i go back 10 years... Its not that uncommon really.

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 08:08 PM
What do you do for the team?!?!?

Scout and player personnel.

Gibby23
pot/kettle

this has always been your go to move when you have no leg to stand on and cant debate.. it starts with ridiculing someones grammar.... then it goes with whatever fits your argument while you disregaurd everything else... example the eye test... if the eye test is bad its the stats and reverse... When all else fails you then do what you do in the post above and call someone a joke and say they are annoying or hated like said poster actually gives a ****... Then you get really mad and throw a tantrum and get banned for whatever reason. This is your history in a nutshell.

Lonzo is tearing it up. Tore it up in college was better than Fultz answer had a better Freshman season than kid. Best passing and rebounding guard in this draft by far.

I'm good. You seem jealous that you don't have him. You don't see me tearing down any sixers prospects or going into the sixers forum.

You are a big *** really dumb troll.

More-Than-Most
I think anthony bennett would be another guy that was picked number 1 overall and had a good summer league

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Oh fun note... Its not the fact that its summer league... he could have come out and dropped 1 assist per game with horrid turnovers and he would still have amazing vision because that is his strength and 4 games wouldnt change that... He has had a damn good summer league but that does not fix his main issues that have kept me from thinking why he will struggle... AGAIN much like why i figured simmons would... SHOT/DEFENSE... and both in these 4 games have hurt him ... his passing as usual has been other worldly and a strength.

Maybe his on ball defense needs work, but he is averaging 3.5 steals and 1.5 blocks with 6 defensive rebounds per game. His team D has been fantastic.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Lonzo is tearing it up. Tore it up in college was better than Fultz answer had a better Freshman season than kid. Best passing and rebounding guard in this draft by far.

I'm good. You seem jealous that you don't have him. You don't see me tearing down any sixers prospects or going into the sixers forum.

You are a big *** really dumb troll.

and there is you in a nut shell... my guy is better than yours and you are a dumb troll lol... now you can take your ball and go home and slam the door per usual lol... Its like dealing with a child man.. Its not that serious relax.

I do post in the sixers forum... should i post in there all the time or something? oh yea thats right... fans of teams should only post in their forum and leave all the other teams alone.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Maybe his on ball defense needs work, but he is averaging 3.5 steals and 1.5 blocks with 6 defensive rebounds per game. His team D has been fantastic.

and to be fair ball could end up the GOAT... This entire draft can bust... I am just going by balls shot and defense as a whole and his speed... Again its the same issues I had with simmons but was a taller more athletic version of ball... Remember I wanted ingram over simmons :shrug:

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 08:13 PM
and there is you in a nut shell... my guy is better than yours and you are a dumb troll lol... now you can take your ball and go home and slam the door per usual lol... Its like dealing with a child man.. Its not that serious relax.

I do post in the sixers forum... should i post in there all the time or something? oh yea thats right... fans of teams should only post in their forum and leave all the other teams alone.

I never cared enough to go out of my way to comment about a sixers player unless you show up and run your mouth because you are insecure. I don't know why, it isn't like the sixers have a winning tradition.

tredigs
His release is actually pretty quick. Had some sport science thing about it. I think it is rust from not playing in over 2 months. Definitely something to keep an eye on. He has changed if FT mechanics in the last 2 months so maybe he reworks his shot, but it would probably be after this season if it doesn't work. Like how they have remade Ingrams stroke.
I saw it too, it did not make much sense. His whole motion is slow, but the release itself is quick. But, the whole motion is what matters.

More-Than-Most
I saw it too, it did not make much sense. His whole motion is slow, but the release itself is quick. But, the whole motion is what matters.

its incredibly easy to see coming... i explained this to him 3 times and he said he prefers stats and I should just shut up... Ball also favors going to one side before he starts his shot/release much more than the other size and that is a big issue against NBA talent.

L8kers4life

Kuzma and Nance I scouted heavily for the team.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 08:15 PM
its incredibly easy to see coming... i explained this to him 3 times and he said he prefers stats and I should just shut up... Ball also favors going to one side before he starts his shot/release much more than the other size and that is a big issue against NBA talent.

I told you I don't care because 19 year olds are not finished products. You usually see a big jump in year 3. He has elite tools. Never said he would drop 30. Said 15 to 20

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 08:16 PM
I never cared enough to go out of my way to comment about a sixers player unless you show up and run your mouth because you are insecure. I don't know why, it isn't like the sixers have a winning tradition.

lol i dont mind if people talk **** about the sixers though because they have reason for it... Sixers did a smart but shamed upon thing in tanking like nobody before them... embiid is an injury concern and ben is unproven while Okafor is trash.... Winning tradition means **** at this point... How has the cavs tradition been or the warriors? yet they own the league right now... hell if we are going by tradition i guess celtics------------>lakers? Its all about now and going forward... Sixers have a damn good history but yea its not the lakers :shrug:

fun note i dont think embiid is injury prone because he had one injury to his foot that he rehurt and a common injury last year most player have... but every single time he lands i am scared he is going to pull something because of how he lands.

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 08:17 PM
The thing with Lonzo is, he is 6 foot 6, he is bigger than 90% of the PG's in this league, anytime he has a smaller PG on him, he will get his shot off no problem, also moving left his shot is impossible to block.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 08:18 PM
I told you I don't care because 19 year olds are not finished products. You usually see a big jump in year 3. He has elite tools. Never said he would drop 30. Said 15 to 20

never once said he is a finished product... again ben simmons... if I was critical of 19 year old ben simmons which again you and others were as well why would I not be as critical of a ball who is smaller/slower with the same issues? Ball could very well go the route simmons has and fix his shot.. right now its an issue and will be when he faces bigger/faster/better competition.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 08:21 PM
never once said he is a finished product... again ben simmons... if I was critical of 19 year old ben simmons which again you and others were as well why would I not be as critical of a ball who is smaller/slower with the same issues? Ball could very well go the route simmons has and fix his shot.. right now its an issue and will be when he faces bigger/faster/better competition.

I'm going to wait until it is actually an issue in the regular season instead of going with your opinion. You are free to keep thinking what you want. I think sixers prospects have glass bones, I'm sure you hope not.

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 08:22 PM

and to be fair ball could end up the GOAT... This entire draft can bust... I am just going by balls shot and defense as a whole and his speed... Again its the same issues I had with simmons but was a taller more athletic version of ball... Remember I wanted ingram over simmons :shrug:

I do remember that, but you more than anyone must show some patients when it comes to evaluating talent. Embiid, Simmons, Okafor, Saric being over seas, you as a fan have had to show a great deal of patients, and you expect your team to be really good this year. No one calls you crazy or talks **** about Sixers, you have faith they will be fine though 3 of your top 4 are rookies aside from Embiid 30 games or so.

All we are saying is have patients, and quit crapping on our hope, we like our guys and think they will be great, you should understand more than anyone

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 08:28 PM

Bro that's so bad ***! :clap:

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Kuzma and Nance I scouted heavily for the team.

That's so bad ***. You should post in our Laker forum more!

L8kers4life
07-14-2017, 09:48 PM
That's so bad ***. You should post in our Laker forum more!

I have started to, but there are some irrational people on here, and I must keep my insight limited. But the Ingram thing is real, he looks like a different player, and that's from what I see at the facility not his 1 summer league game.

Here is a few other tidbits. We almost traded Russell and Randle and the 27th for George. Indy didn't want to touch Russell.

I believe we will move Pope, Lopez and Randle at the break for George if he indicates to OKC he will leave. We will stretch Deng, and trade Clarkson to clear more room.

We really do have the ability to sign 3 this summer and if we clear enough space it will happen. If we trade for George and shed Randle with it, we will have plenty of room for 2 max for sure.

Also the draft process was a smoke screen they almost traded up to 1 because Phoenix almost moved upto 1 for Lonzo. Even if we were at 1, we were taking Lonzo, Magic insisted on a winner and a PG

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 10:11 PM
:clap: daaaaamn! You're the man! Thanks brother! Great info and insight.

Lol yea, we got our share of weirdos in our forum.

Balltime
07-14-2017, 11:39 PM
Laker Nation is buzzing. It's been a while since this city has been excited over a young kid , since Kobe. Ball passing is off the charts. The more I been watching his highlights, the more I been impressed. It's not even the flashy passes, but a fundamental bound pass or 2 handed pass. He can pass with velocity or touch, has the wing span to get out of trouble and pass over defenders.

Sssmush
07-15-2017, 01:25 AM
Rubio is a better passer than Ball is. Better defender by a mile.

However, Rubio never learned to score at even a bad level. That will be the key for Ball.

yes that is what I think too. Don't see him being a Jason Kidd type of dude. Like if he is a "transcendent" player it will be when his shot is unstoppably hot just 3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3 racking it up like Steph Curry.

Like if Ball goes into the league, and then gets knocked around and manhandled and everything he is trying to do gets taken off the table and he is just doing press conferences with a bloody nose and a black eye and a 0-0-0 statline and 7 turnovers etc in a 30 point loss...

and THEN somehow rises up from that and starts out-quicking or out-playing all the NBA players on a nightly basis AND the shot just becomes an incredible weapon that can transform the league like Curry... then THAT, combined with the ostentatious but very good passing and the springy athleticism and excellent instintcts etc... at the point he would in fact be a "transcendent" player. But I would agree with you it all rides on the ability to score and make consistent shots, both 3-pointers and driving the basket. If he can model his game on Curry that is the upper ceiling I think

Gibby23
07-15-2017, 01:56 AM
yes that is what I think too. Don't see him being a Jason Kidd type of dude. Like if he is a "transcendent" player it will be when his shot is unstoppably hot just 3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3 racking it up like Steph Curry.

Like if Ball goes into the league, and then gets knocked around and manhandled and everything he is trying to do gets taken off the table and he is just doing press conferences with a bloody nose and a black eye and a 0-0-0 statline and 7 turnovers etc in a 30 point loss...

and THEN somehow rises up from that and starts out-quicking or out-playing all the NBA players on a nightly basis AND the shot just becomes an incredible weapon that can transform the league like Curry... then THAT, combined with the ostentatious but very good passing and the springy athleticism and excellent instintcts etc... at the point he would in fact be a "transcendent" player. But I would agree with you it all rides on the ability to score and make consistent shots, both 3-pointers and driving the basket. If he can model his game on Curry that is the upper ceiling I think

I don't know what you two butt bros are talking about, but Ball goes before Rubio in any draft and Hawkeye loves balls

More-Than-Most
07-15-2017, 03:01 AM
I don't know what you two butt bros are talking about, but Ball goes before Rubio in any draft and Hawkeye loves balls

oh no doubt ball goes before rubio... but rubio will always be good in the NBA because of defense/passing... Its not close when it comes to defense. As much as I talk **** about ball needing a shot I think he will fix it and that gives him a leg up because rubio has never and i guess will never have a shot... If it comes to passing and defense rubio might very well get the nod.... Rubio is a safer player where ball has more upside I guess. I dont understand the kidd talk... I see ball as a steve nash with a much worse shot.

Sssmush
07-15-2017, 03:36 AM

yeah no one is saying that Rubio is a "transcendent" player. People have said many times though that his passing is and has been transcendent or transformational or transfigurational or transcendental and so forth.

I don't know, honestly and I am not just saying this, the past two years the handful of very best assist highlights that I've seen have actually been D'Angelo Russell. Those Kevin Love baseball passes aren't that impressive to me, and the CP3 drive all around and then dish it to the guy right under the hoop are *meh* and similarly the Lebron heroic kickout from the lane to JR sitting beyond the 3 with two seconds on the shot clock are kind of *meh* too. Alley oops are nice but that is more like the dunker getting behind the defense.

The ones that blow me away are the straight up pick and roll dimes, or the bounce pass right through everybody that perfectly gets Julius Randle in step as he emerges past some defenders or something. Those kind of passes where you feel like the passer somehow knew right where the player would be and as he arrives the ball is just there in his hands in stride.

Balltime
07-15-2017, 03:02 PM
The haters can waste all of their energy of trying to dilute that ball boy, but in time, they will catch on and go away from message boards, because he is going to blow up. This kid is going to change the culture of the Lakers. His IQ is off the charts, you can't measure that with stats, but he has won everywhere he went. :cool:

Sssmush
07-15-2017, 03:46 PM
The haters can waste all of their energy of trying to dilute that ball boy, but in time, they will catch on and go away from message boards, because he is going to blow up. This kid is going to change the culture of the Lakers. His IQ is off the charts, you can't measure that with stats, but he has won everywhere he went. :cool:

Your name assures me you know what you're talking about

GREATNESS ONE
07-15-2017, 04:05 PM
MTM & Smush are like long lost twins. :laugh2:

Balltime
07-16-2017, 02:02 AM
make your teammates better = check
Winning culture = check
Getting the most out of your team = check

Lonzo Ball don't care about stats, but wins. He will get the best out of the hand he is dealt with! Rumors of all these players wanting to play with him because of his insane passing and unselfishness is for real !

cmellofan15
07-16-2017, 04:36 AM
Nice--one of you nut hugging lakers fans already made a dupe.

More-Than-Most
07-16-2017, 04:54 AM
make your teammates better = check
Winning culture = check
Getting the most out of your team = check

Lonzo Ball don't care about stats, but wins. He will get the best out of the hand he is dealt with! Rumors of all these players wanting to play with him because of his insane passing and unselfishness is for real !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ArpPXnAIUk

if all he does is win then explain that youtube clip to me. I will wait.

Oh wait... his daddy big daddy fox happened.

DanG
07-16-2017, 06:15 AM
Are you serious, like really?

Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball have ZERO bust potential. You don't even know what a bust means.

You sound like Skip Bayless commenting on LeBron seriously. Nitpicking everything. Tell me a 19 year old that didn't have any weaknesses when he came into the league?

Lonzo's already making history, putting up triple doubles, double digit assists in the freaking summer league. Yet you made your mind up before the draft that you are not high on him and now you just can't let it go.

DanG
07-16-2017, 06:24 AM
If Ben Simmons was a lockdown defender and had a 40% 3P shot right now, he would be an MVP candidate.

But he's 20 years old, things don't work that way, it doesn't make him a bust.

Scoots
07-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Are you serious, like really?

Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball have ZERO bust potential. You don't even know what a bust means.

You sound like Skip Bayless commenting on LeBron seriously. Nitpicking everything. Tell me a 19 year old that didn't have any weaknesses when he came into the league?

Lonzo's already making history, putting up triple doubles, double digit assists in the freaking summer league. Yet you made your mind up before the draft that you are not high on him and now you just can't let it go.

EVERY unproven player has some bust potential.

Balltime
07-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Lonzo has faced some NBA defenders in the summer league and proven he is going to be a player in the NBA. It's just not about scoring or taking advantage of inferior competitions. It's what you see from the kid that will translate to the NBA regardless of competition. The court vision, the bounce passes, the precision of his passes, the way the team making that extra pass now, You see the intangibles that you won't see in the stat sheet. This kid passing is special.

Scoots
07-16-2017, 03:34 PM
Lonzo has faced some NBA defenders in the summer league and proven he is going to be a player in the NBA. It's just not about scoring or taking advantage of inferior competitions. It's what you see from the kid that will translate to the NBA regardless of competition. The court vision, the bounce passes, the precision of his passes, the way the team making that extra pass now, You see the intangibles that you won't see in the stat sheet. This kid passing is special.

Summer League means nearly nothing. Lonzo looks like he looked at UCLA and he's a very good passer and has potential to be more. That was true before summer league and is still true now.

GREATNESS ONE
07-16-2017, 03:37 PM
He changed the culture @ UCLA and he revived in change of the Culture @ LAL.

He's transcendent, just watching him you see glimpses of greatness in a 19 year old young mature calm man.

This was a great draft, and I'm glad we got Lonzo, he was so needed for our beloved Lakers.

Balltime
07-16-2017, 04:08 PM
He changed the culture @ UCLA and he revived in change of the Culture @ LAL.

He's transcendent, just watching him you see glimpses of greatness in a 19 year old young mature calm man.

This was a great draft, and I'm glad we got Lonzo, he was so needed for our beloved Lakers.

Exactly. It's not just the passing alone but his vision, seeing the play before it happens. It's a special gift. Apparently it mean's nothing because it's summer league. Lonzo will lose his vision once the NBA starts lol.

LivinLakers
07-16-2017, 04:18 PM
EVERY unproven player has some bust potential.

Of course, that is why they are unproven. But whether someone is a bust or not is all tied to expectations. The likelihood of either busting is almost nil, but it is still there considering where they are drafted.

Balltime
07-16-2017, 04:22 PM
Summer League means nearly nothing. Lonzo looks like he looked at UCLA and he's a very good passer and has potential to be more. That was true before summer league and is still true now.
Summer league just got this kid Caruso a contract for the Lakers. Luke , Magic, Pelinka are there to watch these kids play for the Lakers. It may be nothing for you, but it's more than nothing for these kids on the court. Ball played with one player in the NBA last season, while the Nets played with 6 or 7 NBA experience players. It means something for these kids and coaching staff to get their whistles wet playing against NBA experience players or they wouldn't play in these summer league games. Like I said before, it's not about taking advantage of inferior competition but what the intangibles that Ball brings to court His IQ is off the charts.

Sssmush
07-16-2017, 05:48 PM
Well it does seem like the Lakers are not using summer league as a way to try out players and have a look at different guys. Theyre just zeroing in on one guy and giving him tons of minutes and extremely high usage rate. I mean Lonzo is not known to be a great rebounder butche got 10+ rebounds to get triple doubles. And if you pass the ball every play on a 100 possession game you will get some assists, then score 16 points ok now you are a triple double wizard perhaps the best in history (aside from Magic because c'mon).

I will say Lonzo has this incredible confidence. That is one thing. Also some things he does I really really like. Excellent.

He might be setting an SL record for airballs though and I dont think "kobe had airballs against utah" is much of an explanation.

Gibby23
07-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Well it does seem like the Lakers are not using summer league as a way to try out players and have a look at different guys. Theyre just zeroing in on one guy and giving him tons of minutes and extremely high usage rate. I mean Lonzo is not known to be a great rebounder butche got 10+ rebounds to get triple doubles. And if you pass the ball every play on a 100 possession game you will get some assists, then score 16 points ok now you are a triple double wizard perhaps the best in history (aside from Magic because c'mon).

I will say Lonzo has this incredible confidence. That is one thing. Also some things he does I really really like. Excellent.

He might be setting an SL record for airballs though and I dont think "kobe had airballs against utah" is much of an explanation.

Ball 5 games 1 year of college*
34.7 MPG*
16.4 PPG (35.4 FG%, 20.5 3P%, 76.2 FT%)*
* 9.2 APG*
* 8.4 RPG*
* 2.8 SPG*
* 1.2 BPG*

Danngelo 5 games 1 year of college*
30.1 MPG*
11.8 PPG (37.7 FG%, 11.8 3P%, 68.8 FT%)*
** 5.2 RPG*
** 3.2 APG*
** 1.0 SPG*

Scoots
07-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Summer league just got this kid Caruso a contract for the Lakers. Luke , Magic, Pelinka are there to watch these kids play for the Lakers. It may be nothing for you, but it's more than nothing for these kids on the court. Ball played with one player in the NBA last season, while the Nets played with 6 or 7 NBA experience players. It means something for these kids and coaching staff to get their whistles wet playing against NBA experience players or they wouldn't play in these summer league games. Like I said before, it's not about taking advantage of inferior competition but what the intangibles that Ball brings to court His IQ is off the charts.

Caruso is the "nearly" part of what I said. The team wants to get a little look at their youngsters and the ones under contract they want them to get some coaching and team introduction and to take a look at them, but it has nearly no bearing on the player they will become and I don't think any lottery picks have ever been cut or announced as a starter based on what they did in SL. The reality is that the players who do not have a contract in hand in summer league who can actually gain or lose based on their performances in Summer League and they are generally not going to have any effect on the team that signs them and their development will happen away from Summer League too.

FlashBolt
07-16-2017, 11:30 PM
Summer League honestly means nothing. KD and Bron had terrible Summer League games. I remember everyone was saying how KD would have difficulty scoring because he's too skinny. He's the best scorer in NBA history, now.

LA4life24/8
07-16-2017, 11:39 PM
Lonzo is gonna be fine in the long run. Hes gotta plenty of stuff to work on but has plenty of upside.

SL means nothing. Come regular season time he'll have his good nights and his bad ones too. Typical rookie stuff.

I think playing w better talent will obviously help but playing against nba talent every night is gonna be tough.

Hes not gonna come in and take the league by storm but give him a few years and he'll be one of the best point guards in the league.

Balltime
07-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Lonzo is gonna be fine in the long run. Hes gotta plenty of stuff to work on but has plenty of upside.

SL means nothing. Come regular season time he'll have his good nights and his bad ones too. Typical rookie stuff.

I think playing w better talent will obviously help but playing against nba talent every night is gonna be tough.

Hes not gonna come in and take the league by storm but give him a few years and he'll be one of the best point guards in the league.

This ain't your usual scoring point guard now of days. Lonzo is a pass 1st point guard. It's not going to be one on one , it will be 5 on 5. Lonzo is already a top passer and has elite court vision in the NBA. You can't teach that or learn it, Not many NBA point guards possess what he has. The learning curve isn't going to be like the average rookie, when you can make your players better in his 1st season. Plus by saying he wont' take the league by storm, how do you know this? Because he hasn't perfected every facet of the game, what rookie has? What rookie though will have elite court vision or passing skills too :cool:

Heediot
07-17-2017, 05:52 AM
Dude looks good, I'm not too worried about his shot. He still has time to tinker and improve as he is young. He'll be effective as a play-maker from the start and may impact the game more vs. the typical rookie.

The only thing is too many nut hugging opinions on him that are extreme, and too many people showing their subtle bias and negative energy towards him.

LA4life24/8
07-17-2017, 09:28 AM
This ain't your usual scoring point guard now of days. Lonzo is a pass 1st point guard. It's not going to be one on one , it will be 5 on 5. Lonzo is already a top passer and has elite court vision in the NBA. You can't teach that or learn it, Not many NBA point guards possess what he has. The learning curve isn't going to be like the average rookie, when you can make your players better in his 1st season. Plus by saying he wont' take the league by storm, how do you know this? Because he hasn't perfected every facet of the game, what rookie has? What rookie though will have elite court vision or passing skills too :cool:

I know this because literally all time like maybe 5 rookies have come in and taken the league by storm and put up big numbers AND led their team to a serious change in number of wins.

Im not saying hes not gonna be good, but hes not gonna be godly. And hes gonna have some bad nights like any rookie, like anyone really. Hes gonna struggle to score at first (i know its not a huge part of his game so not to worry) facilitating he'll be fine esp in the open court. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he averaged morr assists than points or rebounds his rookie year.

I could see like 8-9 points 10-11 assts and 5-6 boards rookie year.

PurpleLynch
07-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Ball 5 games 1 year of college*
34.7 MPG*
16.4 PPG (35.4 FG%, 20.5 3P%, 76.2 FT%)*
* 9.2 APG*
* 8.4 RPG*
* 2.8 SPG*
* 1.2 BPG*

Danngelo 5 games 1 year of college*
30.1 MPG*
11.8 PPG (37.7 FG%, 11.8 3P%, 68.8 FT%)*
** 5.2 RPG*
** 3.2 APG*
** 1.0 SPG*

don't even try man, it's a lost war against him. Way too crazy to have a real discussion.

GREATNESS ONE
07-18-2017, 07:44 PM
The mic has been dropped.

Nothing left to be said.

Mods close this thread!

Now the mic has been dropped. The first Mic... next ROY.

:)

GREATNESS ONE
07-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Lonzo Ball sucks he's an overhyped piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2:

Jamiecballer
07-18-2017, 08:42 PM
the pass at 2:40 here is about as good as any i've ever seen. this kid is a real weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dV7KFuXX3s

FlashBolt
07-18-2017, 10:36 PM
the pass at 2:40 here is about as good as any i've ever seen. this kid is a real weapon.

He's incredibly stoic (in a good way) that you want for as a PG and a leader. His dad irks most the wrong way in terms of how he behaves but man, Lonzo is going to be one of my MUST WATCH players. I can't recall an NBA rookie having this much attention in quite some time. It feels like every game will be a widely reported one.

Lakers + Giants
07-18-2017, 11:18 PM
He's incredibly stoic (in a good way) that you want for as a PG and a leader. His dad irks most the wrong way in terms of how he behaves but man, Lonzo is going to be one of my MUST WATCH players. I can't recall an NBA rookie having this much attention in quite some time. It feels like every game will be a widely reported one.

All his dad has tried to do, for better or worse.

FlashBolt
07-18-2017, 11:25 PM
All his dad has tried to do, for better or worse.

I'm not sure what his dad has done. He's given more publicity to it but it'll be Lonzo out there having to prove it. The guy is talented and that has nothing to do with his dad going out there being as vocal as he is. I mean, he just told LaMelo that he'll never "be" Lonzo. What kind of dad is that? Lonzo would be so much more likeable if not for his dad.

Balltime
07-19-2017, 12:12 AM
I know this because literally all time like maybe 5 rookies have come in and taken the league by storm and put up big numbers AND led their team to a serious change in number of wins.

Im not saying hes not gonna be good, but hes not gonna be godly. And hes gonna have some bad nights like any rookie, like anyone really. Hes gonna struggle to score at first (i know its not a huge part of his game so not to worry) facilitating he'll be fine esp in the open court. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he averaged morr assists than points or rebounds his rookie year.

I could see like 8-9 points 10-11 assts and 5-6 boards rookie year.

Is it a far fetched idea that Ball could be top 5 in assists and rebounds for point guards next season, I don't think so. Lonzo is 6-6 with long arms. In today's game of run and gun and spacing with less bigs in the paint, he bill be able to get a lot of rebounds.

About the 8-9 points a game. I think you are short changing him in the respect of his court vision/passing. Just with his ability to pass will scare defenses to run out to the 3 line or open man, where lanes will open up for him for easier buckets, like Magic, Kidd , Nash would get easier layups in their career. His J has been solid in his history, he struggled in the summer league, but I thought he would eventually get it back. He will have single digit game points and big scoring nights also, I think his scoring average will be much higher than 8-9 with how fast the Lakers will play, he will get some easy buckets running the show.

nastynice
07-19-2017, 02:57 AM
Lonzo looks sick, his passing ability really looks special. Would love to see the lakers come up, def got that cali love, also wanna see my dubs smash em, lol!

I'm happy for the lakers, he's got a lot to prove but he really does looks like he's going to be a true franchise player.

FlashBolt
07-19-2017, 03:15 AM
Is it a far fetched idea that Ball could be top 5 in assists and rebounds for point guards next season, I don't think so. Lonzo is 6-6 with long arms. In today's game of run and gun and spacing with less bigs in the paint, he bill be able to get a lot of rebounds.

About the 8-9 points a game. I think you are short changing him in the respect of his court vision/passing. Just with his ability to pass will scare defenses to run out to the 3 line or open man, where lanes will open up for him for easier buckets, like Magic, Kidd , Nash would get easier layups in their career. His J has been solid in his history, he struggled in the summer league, but I thought he would eventually get it back. He will have single digit game points and big scoring nights also, I think his scoring average will be much higher than 8-9 with how fast the Lakers will play, he will get some easy buckets running the show.

Lakers are probably going to play Lonzo upwards to 36 minutes per game so we're looking at a rookie who will be getting an insane amount of minutes. It's entirely possible for him to average 8 assists and 6 rebounds per game. The only issue is I don't think he'll be able to play an entire season. He's still too skinny and NBA folks are definitely going to play tougher on him than they would otherwise. Ball would also have to chase Lillard, Kyrie, Curry, Westbrook, Wall, CP3, Harden, IT, Conley, etc., every game. That's far different than the Summer League games in which it resembles an unorganized game by NBA standards.

My stat prediction is Lonzo plays 30-36 minutes and averages 12-5-8. But his passing and size is what I like about the guy. One thing I will say is that I think by having Lonzo, it hurts the chance of getting LeBron. If LeBron leaves, it's obviously to a team where they have cap to potentially start a banana-boat squad. Lonzo is not a better passer than LeBron or CP3 (Lonzo averaged 4 turnovers per game playing the Summer League. AST/TO ratio is above 2 but it's different when you're passing and a guy like Kawhi is out there). IMO, if Magic knew LeBron wanted to come, Lakers should have included Lonzo in a package with Deng and Clarkson and took on an expiring contract such as Melo (who would probably waive it if he knows LeBron is coming to Lakers soon). They probably could have gotten KP if they add Ingram, too.

KP
Melo
CP3
Wade
LeBron
PG13

That's good.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2017, 04:17 AM

if you wanna see real passing check out the 2 minute 1 second mark in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxrBAm9NzI

then watch the pass right after that pass and see the god like passer he is bruh.

Jamiecballer
07-19-2017, 08:06 AM
if you wanna see real passing check out the 2 minute 1 second mark in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxrBAm9NzI

then watch the pass right after that pass and see the god like passer he is bruh.Yeah those are pretty sweet too

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 09:49 AM

that was an incredible pass.

Love has had plenty of homerun passes, and until I see Ball in the halfcourt splitting defenses, and feeding cutters for easy baskets as well as Rubio, I won't buy the "transcendent" stuff (how easily people forget how Rubio was built up his first couple of years in the league).

Rubio, is an amazing passer. Best I have seen since Magic. Lonzo has to prove he is better. Good luck young man.

GREATNESS ONE
07-19-2017, 09:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7nqFr66Ocs

Lonzo is better, just wait until all those open guys start dropping their shots.

Only 3 players that were top 2 picks in the draft have won MVP SL, John Wall, Blake Griffin, Lonzo Ball.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 10:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7nqFr66Ocs

Lonzo is better, just wait until all those open guys start dropping their shots.

Only 3 players that were top 2 picks in the draft have won MVP SL, John Wall, Blake Griffin, Lonzo Ball.

Lonzo is better than who? Rubio?

Again, until I see it consistently, I won't believe it. Rubio is a better passer the Stockton, Kidd, or anyone else I have ever seen. Magic is his only rival imo.

Wolves fans, and players, will miss him badly. Rudy Gobert's life just got exponentially easier.

Jamiecballer
07-19-2017, 12:19 PM
that was an incredible pass.

Love has had plenty of homerun passes, and until I see Ball in the halfcourt splitting defenses, and feeding cutters for easy baskets as well as Rubio, I won't buy the "transcendent" stuff (how easily people forget how Rubio was built up his first couple of years in the league).

Rubio, is an amazing passer. Best I have seen since Magic. Lonzo has to prove he is better. Good luck young man.
That ability though, from the point guard position - I'll need to see him more but he could really create a brand of offense unlike anything we've seen. I could see it evolving into something resembling a 4 on 5 man sprint with Ball delivering the pass like a quarterback to a streaking receiver. What a fun possibility. Sort of like the passing equivalent of what the thunder try to do with Westbrook.
Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 01:26 PM
That ability though, from the point guard position - I'll need to see him more but he could really create a brand of offense unlike anything we've seen. I could see it evolving into something resembling a 4 on 5 man sprint with Ball delivering the pass like a quarterback to a streaking receiver. What a fun possibility. Sort of like the passing equivalent of what the thunder try to do with Westbrook.

Yeah the TD pass is crazy, most coaches won't even let you try it haha.

Again though, Rubio is as good as passer as the league has seen. I don't see anything special with Lonzo, because I am spoiled into being able to watch the best passer in the game by a mile the last 6 years. But there is always somebody better at something, maybe Lonzo will be just that.

He throws that pass once, shame on the defense. However, do you really think teams will allow that more than a couple of times?

Ishkabibble
07-19-2017, 01:30 PM
Jonas Valanciunas averaged 35 PPG and was Summer League MVP in 2013.
Other previous MVP's include John Selby and Glenn Rice Jr.
Might wanna hold off on getting that plaque ready in Springfield for Lonzo.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Jonas Valanciunas averaged 35 PPG and was Summer League MVP in 2013.
Other previous MVP's include John Selby and Glenn Rice Jr.
Might wanna hold off on getting that plaque ready in Springfield for Lonzo.

I was there about 14 years ago, and Lonzo's Dad was there the same weekend, pointing out the spot where he would like it to hang

FlashBolt
07-19-2017, 02:19 PM
It is only the Summer League but you guys are missing the point. The passing is not taught. He already has it and he's only 19. We saw a pretty bad Lonzo overall, IMO. He had probably RWB USG%. What I liked is that the guy is what the Lakers need. Just compare D'Lo to Lonzo. There's a huge difference in passing ability, leadership, and demeanor.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 02:32 PM
It is only the Summer League but you guys are missing the point. The passing is not taught. He already has it and he's only 19. We saw a pretty bad Lonzo overall, IMO. He had probably RWB USG%. What I liked is that the guy is what the Lakers need. Just compare D'Lo to Lonzo. There's a huge difference in passing ability, leadership, and demeanor.

many of us get that, but if he doesn't score at an acceptable rate, it still doesn't translate to elite in today's NBA. Rubio is a great example. He can thrown any pass there is, hit guys nobody else can even see, and he can still be a liability on offense.

FlashBolt
07-19-2017, 02:55 PM
many of us get that, but if he doesn't score at an acceptable rate, it still doesn't translate to elite in today's NBA. Rubio is a great example. He can thrown any pass there is, hit guys nobody else can even see, and he can still be a liability on offense.

Rubio is 26. Lonzo is 19. The guy is still coming into his own. My point with the passing is that he's already far ahead of most other PG's we have in the league. Like, he's already a better passer than Kyrie, Curry, etc., I hope he develops his offensive game a bit more to where he can get it to around 20 but he's not a scorer. That's what Ingram is for and I also hope Ingram does well. I can't get over the fact that Lonzo is only 19. It's been awhile since we've seen someone that mature despite all the negative attention brought to him.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Rubio is 26. Lonzo is 19. The guy is still coming into his own. My point with the passing is that he's already far ahead of most other PG's we have in the league. Like, he's already a better passer than Kyrie, Curry, etc., I hope he develops his offensive game a bit more to where he can get it to around 20 but he's not a scorer. That's what Ingram is for and I also hope Ingram does well. I can't get over the fact that Lonzo is only 19. It's been awhile since we've seen someone that mature despite all the negative attention brought to him.

well yeah, the difference between Rubio and Lonzo (offensively), is Rubio is a finished product. Lonzo is an unknown. I am simply pointing out in this thread, that to assume he develops past his distribution skills is something need to relax on. He needs to break down his shot, and develop separation moves, because he isn't fast enough to do it with his body. Could he turn into an acceptable scorer? Sure. Should we assume he will? Nope. He needs to prove it.

Gibby23
07-19-2017, 04:07 PM
well yeah, the difference between Rubio and Lonzo (offensively), is Rubio is a finished product. Lonzo is an unknown. I am simply pointing out in this thread, that to assume he develops past his distribution skills is something need to relax on. He needs to break down his shot, and develop separation moves, because he isn't fast enough to do it with his body. Could he turn into an acceptable scorer? Sure. Should we assume he will? Nope. He needs to prove it.

According to you? He hasn't played an NBA game and you yourself said he needs to "prove it" but he needs to fix his shot where he shot over 40% from 3? I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Seems like you go in circles. He isn't good, I haven't watched, I have seen enough of him, can't judge until he "proves it", he needs to change his shot. Lol

You basically have no idea how good he will be or how his shot and game will translate, but want to get your opinion out.

His game has translated at every level, I expect it to at the NBA level also.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 05:05 PM
According to you? He hasn't played an NBA game and you yourself said he needs to "prove it" but he needs to fix his shot where he shot over 40% from 3? I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Seems like you go in circles. He isn't good, I haven't watched, I have seen enough of him, can't judge until he "proves it", he needs to change his shot. Lol

You basically have no idea how good he will be or how his shot and game will translate, but want to get your opinion out.

His game has translated at every level, I expect it to at the NBA level also.

well, at least you have bought in. You are aware the Los Angeles Lakers have made mistakes along the way, yes, no?

Very few players have gotten away with a totally broken shot. Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion, etc. His shot needs work, he will have trouble getting it off at the next level at times.

You act like he will just come in and play at a high level.

Gibby23
07-19-2017, 05:21 PM
well, at least you have bought in. You are aware the Los Angeles Lakers have made mistakes along the way, yes, no?

Very few players have gotten away with a totally broken shot. Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion, etc. His shot needs work, he will have trouble getting it off at the next level at times.

And you act like he won't.

My money is on he will play at a high level next year, your money was on declining. Opinions are great, but I already know how strongly you feel about your opinion . I am pretty confident in mine.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 05:23 PM

My money is on he will play at a high level next year, your money was on declining. Opinions are great, but I already know how strongly you feel about your opinion . I am pretty confident in mine.

well, the line is heavily against you. Rookies don't contribute to winning in most cases. Even perennial all stars, most of them don't really impact the winning column in year 1. Which is why if he isn't great in year 1, I won't pile on him. That is expected. Ingram for instance, I am not closing the book on, even though his rookie year was a pile of crap honestly. Need to give a player 2-3 years before we toss a real, educated judgement on them.

However, it doesn't mean we can't perceive strengths/weaknesses, and guess where they will succeed, and where they will struggle.

CityofTreez
07-19-2017, 05:37 PM

In your opinion, how many games will the Lakers win with the 'supposed' ROY in Ball?

Gibby23
07-19-2017, 05:48 PM
In your opinion, how many games will the Lakers win with the 'supposed' ROY in Ball?

35 ish.

L8kers4life
07-19-2017, 06:11 PM

He is going to come in at high level. In High school, all american 3 years, college his only year. Number 2 pick in the draft, summer league MVP, and pretty much every expert say the same thing, he is a game changer. He will be better than kidd, Rubio will never be as good as him and Lonzo will win Rookie of the year

Gibby23
07-19-2017, 06:13 PM
He is going to come in at high level. In High school, all american 3 years, college his only year. Number 2 pick in the draft, summer league MVP, and pretty much every expert say the same thing, he is a game changer. He will be better than kidd, Rubio will never be as good as him and Alonzo will win Rookie of the year

Love Alonzo Ball. Lol

L8kers4life
07-19-2017, 06:16 PM
well, the line is heavily against you. Rookies don't contribute to winning in most cases. Even perennial all stars, most of them don't really impact the winning column in year 1. Which is why if he isn't great in year 1, I won't pile on him. That is expected. Ingram for instance, I am not closing the book on, even though his rookie year was a pile of crap honestly. Need to give a player 2-3 years before we toss a real, educated judgement on them.

However, it doesn't mean we can't perceive strengths/weaknesses, and guess where they will succeed, and where they will struggle.

This I agree with, I'm not saying Lonzo will be great first year, I'm saying rookie of the year and someday he will be better than Kidd. Please stop with Rubio.

L8kers4life
07-19-2017, 09:34 PM
Love Alonzo Ball. Lol

Stupid auto correct lol

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 09:05 AM
This I agree with, I'm not saying Lonzo will be great first year, I'm saying rookie of the year and someday he will be better than Kidd. Please stop with Rubio.

Why would I stop with Rubio? Do people remember the hype he had at age 18, when he was crossing over our guards in the Olympics and throwing behind the back magical passes?

My point is, Ball's passing is great, but there is already a guy in the league who came in with the exact same hype. "He makes everyone else better, once in a generation vision, etc". Ball struggles to score, and doesn't have the quickness/first step to blow by, so he will face a battle becoming a scorer, which is necessary. Until he plays against real NBA defenders, we have no clue how he will translate entirely. To predict he will be better than Kidd, is ridiculous, and shows total bias.

I point out the weaknesses I see, I get called a hater. People wonder why many fans can't really stand Laker fans. Well, there you have it...

There is a huge chance he will never be as good as Kidd, who is a top 10 PG to ever play. Sorry, that is the reality.

Jamiecballer
07-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Why would I stop with Rubio? Do people remember the hype he had at age 18, when he was crossing over our guards in the Olympics and throwing behind the back magical passes?

My point is, Ball's passing is great, but there is already a guy in the league who came in with the exact same hype. "He makes everyone else better, once in a generation vision, etc". Ball struggles to score, and doesn't have the quickness/first step to blow by, so he will face a battle becoming a scorer, which is necessary. Until he plays against real NBA defenders, we have no clue how he will translate entirely. To predict he will be better than Kidd, is ridiculous, and shows total bias.

I point out the weaknesses I see, I get called a hater. People wonder why many fans can't really stand Laker fans. Well, there you have it...

There is a huge chance he will never be as good as Kidd, who is a top 10 PG to ever play. Sorry, that is the reality.I actually find that last statement unlikely. He's got the skill. And love or hate lavar ball you can see the unshakeable confidence he has instilled into his son. I'm not betting against that myself.

WestCoastSportz
07-20-2017, 12:33 PM
During the Summer League, they were handing out assists to Lonzo that shouldn't have been assists. Sorry, I don't care what it says in the rule book, but if someone passes the ball and the guy catching it has to make his own basketball move to get his shot, thats not an assist. On one assist, he passed it to a big man. I forgot who it was, but that guy made a fake, took a crab dribble in traffic and finished on the reversed side. Thats not an assist. Many of Lonzo's assists came on outlet passes. Passes that won't come in a regular season game that easily. I'm not saying he isn't going to be a good passer but I keep hearing people compare him to Jason Kidd, but Kidd's vision was next level and Kidd dominated games without even having to score.

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 01:13 PM

There is a huge chance he will never be as good as Kidd, who is a top 10 PG to ever play. Sorry, that is the reality.

It's not total bias, it's easy to recognize talent, people see it all the time. Rubio was a great passer, but he was not hyped liked Lonzo. He was a young kid on the Spanish national team that played with a bunch of NBA guys so he looked a bit better than he was. But Rubio was drafted 5th, not 1 or 2, the hype was not the same. He is a flashy passer, but he has never impacted winning in the NBA, never, and to say he had that same kind of hype is absurd. Lonzo was 155-8 in HS with 2 state titles and 3 all american honors. He was 33-4 in College and again a all american. And played in 1 summer league, was MVP and his team won summer league. That is the definition of affecting winning.

And at this very moment Lonzo is a better scorer than Kidd and Rubio. Last year Lonzo shot 56% from the field, 41% from 3 and 71% on 2 point shots. He shot 86% on drives to the basket. Kidd or Rubio never had that shooting prowess and Kidd and Rubio are not almost 6 foot 7 with length finishing lobs, and making athletic finishes with both hands.

In not bias, I'm stating my case. Kidd won't hold a candle to Ball with in his career is over.

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 01:20 PM
It's not total bias, it's easy to recognize talent, people see it all the time. Rubio was a great passer, but he was not hyped liked Lonzo. He was a young kid on the Spanish national team that played with a bunch of NBA guys so he looked a bit better than he was. But Rubio was drafted 5th, not 1 or 2, the hype was not the same. He is a flashy passer, but he has never impacted winning in the NBA, never, and to say he had that same kind of hype is absurd. Lonzo was 155-8 in HS with 2 state titles and 3 all american honors. He was 33-4 in College and again a all american. And played in 1 summer league, was MVP and his team won summer league. That is the definition of affecting winning.

And at this very moment Lonzo is a better scorer than Kidd and Rubio. Last year Lonzo shot 56% from the field, 41% from 3 and 71% on 2 point shots. He shot 86% on drives to the basket. Kidd or Rubio never had that shooting prowess and Kidd and Rubio are not almost 6 foot 7 with length finishing lobs, and making athletic finishes with both hands.

In not bias, I'm stating my case. Kidd won't hold a candle to Ball with in his career is over.

yes, he was.

No bias there, you are only predicting a first ballot HOF, top 5 PG career from a dude who hasn't played an NBA minute yet.

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2017, 01:29 PM
When will people stop evaluating NBA talent based on SL performance? Don't you guys remember when Randy Foye average ridiculous stats in SL? Who knows what Ball will be, hell, he may even be an all-star some day, but marking him an all time great after one college season and SL? Should I start a list of great college players that didn't translate to the NBA? Or SL standouts that have done nothing in their NBA careers? As much as I don't like the Lakers and even more the Laker fans(your fan-base on PSD caused it, no other reason), I hope Ball is a good player. It makes the league more fun to watch. Sure, Lakers being good makes this forum unbearable, but it's still good for the league to have many good teams and making the league competitive again is key.

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 01:32 PM
yes, he was.

No bias there, you are only predicting a first ballot HOF, top 5 PG career from a dude who hasn't played an NBA minute yet.

Who cares, I also said the same thing with LeBron, KD, Kobe even Jkidd, but 5 games into Rubios career I knew he would be a slightly above average player. Are you a Twolves fan?

Rubio was a foreign kid with broken english, asking him to be the leader of a team as a rookie would have been impossible. Lonzo has no such issue, if you have watched the games, he changes the culture of this franchise with his attitude, style of play and constant praise of his teammates. The fact he will be the Tallest PG in the league aside from Livingston is just an added bonus.

I am a bit bias, I'm one of the West coast scouts for the Lakers, so if I'm a bit bias sorry, I have to sell prospects all day to the team.
I was trying to get the team to move up to 22 because I thought we were gonna lose Kuzma

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 01:33 PM
When will people stop evaluating NBA talent based on SL performance? Don't you guys remember when Randy Foye average ridiculous stats in SL? Who knows what Ball will be, hell, he may even be an all-star some day, but marking him an all time great after one college season and SL? Should I start a list of great college players that didn't translate to the NBA? Or SL standouts that have done nothing in their NBA careers? As much as I don't like the Lakers and even more the Laker fans(your fan-base on PSD caused it, no other reason), I hope Ball is a good player. It makes the league more fun to watch. Sure, Lakers being good makes this forum unbearable, but it's still good for the league to have many good teams and making the league competitive again is key.

As I said, I'm a scout for the team, so I am bias. Lol

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 01:37 PM
I missed my calling apparently

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2017, 01:40 PM
As I said, I'm a scout for the team, so I am bias. Lol

Haha, wtf constitutes "a scout" I wonder. No NBA professional should be "caught dead" spending time on this forum, if you really are a Lakers' scout, they should look elsewhere. :)

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2017, 01:41 PM

Haha, you would have made a great Laker scout Hawk!

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 01:47 PM

Maybe, you can evaluate talent, but we see things differently always. I played college football and basketball and have my law degree from Marquette, I look at the game as if I'm playing. Did you play ball in College, what kind of experience do you have? Its never too late to be a scout if you ever wanted to look into it.

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Maybe, you can evaluate talent, but we see things differently always. I played college football and basketball in College and have my law degree from Marquette, I look at the game as if I'm playing. Did you play ball in College, what kind of experience do you have? Its never too late to be a scout if you ever wanted to look into it.

Scouting on television is totally different than being on the floor and seeing players in motion, and how they treat each possession, matchup, or scenario.

I don't look at the game as if I am playing, because as a player, you see it one way (or at least to a less broad perspective). Your position, or perhaps your side of the field for example. I try and watch a game more from a coaching standpoint, or, from a perception standpoint on what is working best currently, then look for those attributes in players, and those who have negative attributes I immediately move on from (probably too harsh in that regard).

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Haha, wtf constitutes "a scout" I wonder. No NBA professional should be "caught dead" spending time on this forum, if you really are a Lakers' scout, they should look elsewhere. :)

I have been with the team 5 years, and the players I evaluated heavily include

Lonzo
Kuzma
Nwaba
Nance Jr.

Just because I'm on the boards doesn't mean I'm not a scout. I graduated from Law school 6 years ago, took an internship with the Lakers that led to this scouting job. This is entertainment for me, as it is for all of us. My best friend works in the Bucks front office, that's how I got my internship. People have real jobs on this board.

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 01:55 PM
Not if his opinion on Lonzo is what it is, if he was a scout and didn't recommend Lonzo at 2 he would have been fired. We almost traded up to 1 for Lonzo, not Fultz. Inside info there. ��

I would have absolutely recommended him at #2. Value in the NBA is worth a lot. If I legit didn't feel he was worth that spot, you suggest a trade down. However, a scouts job is only to report what they see, not make front office decisions.

Never trade up unless you think the guy ahead is worth your current asset, plus the ones you need. That means a huge difference in how you perceive the two players

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Haha, you would have made a great Laker scout Hawk!

Not if his opinion on Lonzo is what it is, if he was a scout and didn't recommend Lonzo at 2 he would have been fired. We almost traded up to 1 for Lonzo, not Fultz. Inside info there. 😉

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 01:58 PM
As long as your evaluations lead to the proper talent for your assigned team that's all the matters. This is a dream job, the travel sucks, but you live basketball. Look into it, are you in Los Angeles?

I live in a suburb of St Paul, MN

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 01:59 PM
Scouting on television is totally different than being on the floor and seeing players in motion, and how they treat each possession, matchup, or scenario.

I don't look at the game as if I am playing, because as a player, you see it one way (or at least to a less broad perspective). Your position, or perhaps your side of the field for example. I try and watch a game more from a coaching standpoint, or, from a perception standpoint on what is working best currently, then look for those attributes in players, and those who have negative attributes I immediately move on from (probably too harsh in that regard).

As long as your evaluations lead to the proper talent for your assigned team that's all the matters. This is a dream job, the travel sucks, but you live basketball. Look into it, are you in Los Angeles?

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 02:04 PM
I would have absolutely recommended him at #2. Value in the NBA is worth a lot. If I legit didn't feel he was worth that spot, you suggest a trade down. However, a scouts job is only to report what they see, not make front office decisions.

Never trade up unless you think the guy ahead is worth your current asset, plus the ones you need. That means a huge difference in how you perceive the two players

For us we were really worried Phoenix was gonna move up to 1, or at least that's what Boston was telling us. We almost did Randle, number 2 and a unprotected pick in 20 to move up. They wanted Philly's deal. Let me make this clear, if we moved up to 1 we were taking Lonzo not Fultz, Magic wanted a winner, Fultz was the opposite of that.

Also we wanted more for Dangelo, but we had Kuzma so high on our board, that getting Lopez, shedding the contract and getting Kuzma, many feel he will be better than Russell all together and we need him, as Randle will probably gone by the deadline, I'm assuming. we can not resign him this summer, if we want 2 max guys.

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 02:12 PM
I live in a suburb of St Paul, MN

My best friend works in the front office for the Bucks, not to far from you

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2017, 02:17 PM

Lonzo
Kuzma
Nwaba
Nance Jr.

Just because I'm on the boards doesn't mean I'm not a scout. I graduated from Law school 6 years ago, took an internship with the Lakers that led to this scouting job. This is entertainment for me, as it is for all of us. My best friend works in the Bucks front office, that's how I got my internship. People have real jobs on this board.

Not to sound like a dick, but you have used the term "I am bias" multiple times in this thread and it should be "I am biased." And as you have said, most likely you playing college sports and your law degree have much less to do with you holding your current position(if you are indeed honest about it - and you haven't given us any reason to doubt it besides participating on this forum) and much more to do with you having a friend in the front office of the other team. After all, in this world, it's who you know and not what you know. Obviously you have to be at least close to competent. I still think Ball is overrated AF("Who is this AF? AF? Adonal Foyle has come out of retirement!"), but time will tell. If he makes an All-NBA team a few times in his career, I'll be wrong, but if he is a slightly above average player with slightly above average impact, you will be.

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2017, 02:21 PM
My best friend works in the front office for the Bucks, not to far from you

But realistically, if you can get Hawk a job as an NBA scout somewhere(if he would want it, off course - preferably MN), he would be an absolute steal for that organization. He has been on point on all significant talent evaluations over the last 10 years that I have "known" him.

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Not to sound like a dick, but you have used the term "I am bias" multiple times in this thread and it should be "I am biased." And as you have said, most likely you playing college sports and your law degree have much less to do with you holding your current position(if you are indeed honest about it - and you haven't given us any reason to doubt it besides participating on this forum) and much more to do with you having a friend in the front office of the other team. After all, in this world, it's who you know and not what you know. Obviously you have to be at least close to competent. I still think Ball is overrated AF("Who is this AF? AF? Adonal Foyle has come out of retirement!"), but time will tell. If he makes an All-NBA team a few times in his career, I'll be wrong, but if he is a slightly above average player with slightly above average impact, you will be.

I agree he is way overhyped, but for me I believe the hype based on what I have watched. One of the biggest reasons I got my shot, is because who I know,vit always is. Lonzo may not live up to the hype, but right now his Bball IQ and the way his teammates thrive playing next to him, he will be a stud. He is very coachable and liked by all his teammates. That will help him.

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 02:33 PM
But realistically, if you can get Hawk a job as an NBA scout somewhere(if he would want it, off course - preferably MN), he would be an absolute steal for that organization. He has been on point on all significant talent evaluations over the last 10 years that I have "known" him.

They would probably want him in Milwaukee though, they need all the help they can get as well, Minnesota does a great job, they just really struggle with decisions on Point guards.

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2017, 03:17 PM

No he hasn't. That hilarious.

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2017, 03:18 PM
I agree he is way overhyped, but for me I believe the hype based on what I have watched. One of the biggest reasons I got my shot, is because who I know,vit always is. Lonzo may not live up to the hype, but right now his Bball IQ and the way his teammates thrive playing next to him, he will be a stud. He is very coachable and liked by all his teammates. That will help him.

Sorry but Hawk, who's been right everytime for 10 years thinks Lonzo is a below average PG who can't shoot, score, or pass like Rubio.

So we're ****ed! :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Sorry but Hawk, who's been right everytime for 10 years thinks Lonzo is a below average PG who can't shoot, score, or pass like Rubio.

So we're ****ed! :laugh2:

don't put words in my mouth. I pointed out his weaknesses, and where I think he will initially struggle. Nothing more. Up to him, and his coaching staff, to improve them to whatever level he ends up.

Gibby23
07-20-2017, 03:42 PM

People try and say how good a player will or will not be and then say stuff like this. LMAO....

Gibby23
07-20-2017, 03:45 PM

Does it matter if you are wrong? Nobody is going to care. If you are right? Still, nobody will care.

TheDish87
07-20-2017, 04:33 PM

Lonzo
Kuzma
Nwaba
Nance Jr.

bull ****ing shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

lololol i love people like this. also no self respecting employee of the Lakers would EVER refer to them as the L8kers. im dead over here

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2017, 04:39 PM

lololol i love people like this. also no self respecting employee of the Lakers would EVER refer to them as the L8kers. im dead over here

I believe him.

TheDish87
07-20-2017, 04:39 PM
sucks for you.

Balltime
07-20-2017, 04:46 PM
A bunch of salty lonzo detractors here. Going to have to get used to the fact that the ball kid is a hella of a player. Might as well used to it now than later

L8kers4life
07-20-2017, 05:06 PM

I grew up a Lakers fan, I held this Moniker way before I worked for the Lakers. If you can see my profile pic, it's Kobe with 62 points at the the end of 3 quarters and Dallas has 61. I was sitting in Lamar Odoms box seats, which I got by enrolling him at 24 hr fitness in Hermosa Beach CA working my way through College.

What should I call myself. Lakers Scout 42?

There are other people within the organization and on the team that very active online. This is the world we live in. I would give you my Twitter handle, but what's the point, I would rather people believe I'm not a scout.