PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter may retire with the team that drafted him

JasonJohnHorn
06-24-2017, 10:58 AM
Apparently Carter is willing to take a pay cut to play for the Warriors... not sure how much he has to offer at this point. May be akin to the Lakers taking on Mitch Richmond in his last season, but they are the team that drafted him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717330-vince-carter-says-hed-take-a-pay-cut-to-join-warriors

hugepatsfan
06-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Makes sense. He's 40 and had a great career. Cap it off with a ring.

kobe4thewinbang
06-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Cool move. Dude can still hit a big shot when it matters, e.g. versus the Spurs w/Mavs. He should get a ring if he joins the Warriors. Dude's had a nice career. I remember watching him with the Nets, especially when that shot bounced all around and then finally went in. My grandma loved that moment, ha! And honestly in that offensive scheme VC could get a fast break jam like his old self or hit some easy shots.

LA4life24/8
06-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Hell yeah! VC go get yourself a ring man. He'll actually be able to contribute some too at least.

Id be happy for him

lol, please
06-24-2017, 03:24 PM
Apparently Carter is willing to take a pay cut to play for the Warriors... not sure how much he has to offer at this point. May be akin to the Lakers taking on Mitch Richmond in his last season, but they are the team that drafted him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717330-vince-carter-says-hed-take-a-pay-cut-to-join-warriors

:faint:

omg lol. Will be a great story all around. Just awesome.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2017, 06:13 PM
He'll be a good replacement for Durant.

Monta is beast
06-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Ya he'll be a good replacement for KD when he checks out cause we have a 25 point lead and he's bored

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Ya he'll be a good replacement for KD when he checks out cause we have a 25 point lead and he's bored

Not that I think he's a bad defender but you do realize there's an easy explanation why a player can lead with +416 without good defense.

Monta is beast
06-24-2017, 06:38 PM
Who VC? It's almost impossible to be a good defender past 35. If he buys into the team defense which he will it won't matter cause we have the dpoy and just added another dude in the draft that is special with weakside help defense.

Monta is beast
06-24-2017, 06:38 PM
And KD is also very good at help defense

bleedprple&gold
06-24-2017, 08:36 PM
The team that drafted him? Lol what significance does that have? Who cares they clearly drafted him for the Raptors.

JasonJohnHorn
06-24-2017, 09:52 PM
The team that drafted him? Lol what significance does that have? Who cares they clearly drafted him for the Raptors.

Did they? If the Raptors wanted him, they would have picked him. The Raps, from what I remember, wanted him, but knew the Warriors wanted Jamison, so they picked him to trade and get something back along with the guy they wanted. They literally drafted one after the other... it's not like there was a team in between and the Warriors made a deal with them to take the guy they wanted so the team in between wouldn't and they'd draft the guy the Raptors wanted in return.

The Raps picked they guy they wanted and sold him to the Warriors in return for the guy they wanted.

kingsdelez24
06-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Vc is perhaps one of the most physically capable 40 year old atheletes of all time, he'd be able to perfectly fit in

R. Johnson#3
06-26-2017, 04:41 PM
As much as I'd love to see VC in a Raptor uniform one more time, I'd also like to see him get a ring. He'd actually contribute too.

bleedprple&gold
06-26-2017, 06:44 PM
Did they? If the Raptors wanted him, they would have picked him. The Raps, from what I remember, wanted him, but knew the Warriors wanted Jamison, so they picked him to trade and get something back along with the guy they wanted. They literally drafted one after the other... it's not like there was a team in between and the Warriors made a deal with them to take the guy they wanted so the team in between wouldn't and they'd draft the guy the Raptors wanted in return.

The Raps picked they guy they wanted and sold him to the Warriors in return for the guy they wanted.

Thank you for proving my point. The Warriors wanted Jamison, NOT Carter. Therefore, Carter has no connection to the Warriors other than the 5 minutes they owned his draft rights. The fact that the Warriors drafted him has nothing to do with the fact that he may want to go back there, which is why the thread title is misleading.

smith&wesson
06-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Would be nice to see him win ship