PDA

View Full Version : Did a road to beating the warriors just open up?

More-Than-Most
06-23-2017, 02:51 AM
Of course it comes down to lebron but does a lebron james led timberwolves team with butler/wiggins/Kat beat the warriors? That is pretty insane to think about.

Chewbacca
06-23-2017, 03:07 AM
That'd be hilarious and sad to see Lebron join Wiggins again after he traded him when Lebron joined the Cav again.

Anyways, they would definitely be a top 5 team but I wouldn't see them making it past the Warriors and/or SA.

mngopher35
06-23-2017, 03:11 AM
Westbrook
Butler
Wiggins
Dieng
Towns

The team to finally take down the Warriors in 2020 lol

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 03:18 AM
It's ok if he joins the wolves, they were only a 31win team last year.

mngopher35
Mine we win because we are the hungry team and they are bored not because it's better lol

JAZZNC
No. The Warriors are that good and so perfectly constructed to mesh together. I mean adding LeBron is great but that team has absolutely no shooting so it's just not gonna work. I actually think gophers team looks better on paper but still not enough shooting.

Quinnsanity
06-23-2017, 04:29 AM
Ok first of all, no, LeBron is not playing in Minnesota. San Antonio is somewhat feasible because of his noted respect for the organization and Gregg Popovich, but no, he's not going to a tiny market with a cheapskate owner no matter what young talent they have. It's Cleveland or markets that are useful to his other ambitions.

The problem with this Minnesota team is lack of shooting. Not even LeBron can fix that. When Portland traded up to 10 I thought they should've taken Monk, then traded McCollum for Wiggins. Solves both team's problems to some extent. Portland still has two great scoring guards to space the floor, but they also get a super athletic young wing they could hopefully mold into a defense stopper (though he's not close to that yet). Minny solves their spacing problems. McCollum-Butler-Towns would be ****ing dope. I hope they spend their cap space this summer on shooting, because they really need it right now. If they can space the floor enough, this team will be a title favorite at some point.

lakerfan85
06-23-2017, 05:14 AM
Another quality thread created by PSD's Green ranger...

mrblisterdundee
06-23-2017, 09:43 AM
LeBron on the Bucks would beat LeBron on the Timbervolves.

Burkey3472
06-23-2017, 09:52 AM
First, to answer the OP questions, even if they added a couple of nice depth pieces they'd still lose IMO. Maybe in a few more years when KAT and Wiggins development is further along but you would think Lebron potentially could be on the decline at that time.

As for Lebron going to Minnesota, no, that's not going to happen.

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 10:00 AM
I don't see Lebron meshing well with Coach/GM Thibs.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-23-2017, 10:18 AM
Lol stop it... Lebron is not leaving Cleveland again

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 10:23 AM
BOS will sign Hayward and trade for Paul George. Lebron will take the MLE because he respects Stevens and BOS fans.

IT
Hayward
PG
Lebron
Horford

We will succeed in pushing GS to 6.

KnickNyKnick
06-23-2017, 10:31 AM
this is funny. Lebron will be known as the Ringer of the NBA. Everyones plugging him into their team, and it just seems to work LoL. Let me try,

Frank N.
Courtney Lee.
Melo
LBJ
KP

not too bad, they atleast make the ECF.

AllBall
06-23-2017, 10:38 AM
OP, the answer is no.

Lol stop it... Lebron is not leaving Cleveland again

I'll make sure to bump this thread.

ewing
06-23-2017, 10:40 AM
You really want to see Kat standing still in the corner waiting for LeBron to kick it?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2017, 01:07 PM
LeBron on the Bucks would beat LeBron on the Timbervolves.

Bucks without a LeBron will beat the Wolves as is right now. Rubio/Butler don't stretch the floor. Wiggins isn't the greatest defender. KAT is the main piece that gives Minnesota hopes for the future. But being in the West they got Warriors and Spurs. So Wolves could be broken apart way before Warriors big4 is broken up. Butler could bolt in a few years. Heck there's already a Wiggins trade market thread up already.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2017, 01:30 PM
Did you lean nothing for the 2 crowns video? James style of basketball makes even the greatest of shooters have a hard time. To much standing around while the 2 crowns (James and Irving) dominate the plays.

GS style of constant moving is the key. Shooters need to get into a rhythm.

https://youtu.be/rJczOehed7w

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Did you lean nothing for the 2 crowns video? James style of basketball makes even the greatest of shooters have a hard time. To much standing around while the 2 crowns (James and Irving) dominate the plays.

GS style of constant moving is the key. Shooters need to get into a ryrhem.

https://youtu.be/rJczOehed7w

you are a clown. Cleveland was a top three NBA shooting team in the season. It's not his fault Deron and Korver all of a sudden forget how to shoot the ball. Man, you are pathetic. The sad part is you seem bright but your hate for LeBron just makes your posts turn to absolute garbage.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2017, 01:59 PM
you are a clown. Cleveland was a top three NBA shooting team in the season. It's not his fault Deron and Korver all of a sudden forget how to shoot the ball. Man, you are pathetic. The sad part is you seem bright but your hate for LeBron just makes your posts turn to absolute garbage.

I don't hate Lebron don't be silly.

The 2 crowns video showed the flaws in Cleveland offense. It puts to much strain on James. While the team has no idea how to play without James. Kover never runs thru screens like he use to in Atlanta. He just stands as far away from the basket as you can be. When James sits the role players role stays the same and that is the problem.

Watch the 2 crowns video that was made during the finals.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 02:17 PM
CLE definitely needs to incorporate some off ball action to their offense. They need more than drive & kick. GS's defenders are too good on-ball and too long to affect passing lanes. What CLE does has zero shot of ever beating them.

We talk about them getting PG, Butler whoever. At the end of the day their issues against GS are scheme first and foremost.

SteBO
06-23-2017, 02:27 PM
CLE definitely needs to incorporate some off ball action to their offense. They need more than drive & kick. GS's defenders are too good on-ball and too long to affect passing lanes. What CLE does has zero shot of ever beating them.

We talk about them getting PG, Butler whoever. At the end of the day their issues against GS are scheme first and foremost.
Part of that is on 'Bron. He needs to commit to posting up more......

mightybosstone
06-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Adding Butler was a huge step in the right direction for the Bulls, but let's cool it on the Minnesota love. People on this forum were convinced the Wolves would comfortably be a playoff team before the start of the season, and they were 10 games under .500 and got the 7th pick pick in the draft. They have to at least crack the postseason before we start having ridiculous conversations about superstar players choosing to sign there.

Chronz
06-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Doubling down on my Minny love after last years failure thats for sure

lol, please
06-24-2017, 01:56 AM

Oh look, peeps are still making excuses for another Lebron no show / loss

:laugh2:

Gibby23
06-24-2017, 02:41 AM
LeBron would never entertain playing in Minnesota. Lol.

Heediot
06-24-2017, 04:32 AM
No. The Warriors are that good and so perfectly constructed to mesh together. I mean adding LeBron is great but that team has absolutely no shooting so it's just not gonna work. I actually think gophers team looks better on paper but still not enough shooting.

No worries, If bron joins, Frye, Korver, JR Smith will join after being bought out or not re-signed by the Cavs lolol.

nastynice
06-24-2017, 05:03 AM
LeBron would never entertain playing in Minnesota. Lol.

Well, he grew up a devout t wolves fan, so you never know...

mightybosstone
06-24-2017, 09:53 AM

Dude, you can't possibly make a case that Lebron "no-showed" in that Finals series. That's completely asinine. The dude averaged a ridiculous 34/12/10/1/1 while shooting 56 percent from the floor. He was clearly the best player in the series. I'm not going to make excuses for the guy. His team lost. But he did everything within his power to help them win. The Warriors were just a better, more talented, better constructed basketball team.

AllBall
06-24-2017, 10:07 AM

WTF. I remember the +/- when Lebron was off the floor like -1000.

joedaheights
06-24-2017, 06:20 PM
I think back to the 93 Bulls and realize that in the first couple months of the season they were almost even money against decent teams ... because of the mental fatigue that goes into it. Why have only four outfits THREE peated (Mikan, Russell, Jordan/Pippen [twice], O'Neal/Bryant)? Because of the mental toll.

It all seems clinical now, but in 93 it's so easy to write it off as "oh well back to back titles and scottie and Michael went to the olympics". What if I told you that Paxson and Armstrong went into a war for control of minutes and the position that heavily divided the team and led phil Jackson to walk up to Armstrong in warmups and ask "you sure are a selfish pr*ck aren't you?" Or that Pippen and Jordan hated Krause so much for drafting Kukoc and what he was gonna pay Kukoc that that was a major issue? Or that Craig Hodges pro black/black Muslim political stances caused him to get kaepernicked many years before Colin, which cost the Bulls a floor stretching option?

The point? It happens. Teams that appear invincible from march of 91 to march of 92 start to show major cracks for reasons we can't even see from the outside...

Anyone want to revisit public sentiment going into the 03-04 season about the Lakers or into the 04 Finals? They were supposed to walk...

How can a team that looks as invincible as the Warriors... any team... lose? Here are the ways....

1. The stars become the whole team. Remember said Lakers? Kobe and Shaq at that stage of their careers are probably the two best players to ever be on a roster together at the same time.. ever. But departures and drop off in play take you from the days of fox, fisher and Horry as insanely good role players.. to days where Gary Payton who once lived off his quickness.. has none, and Slava medvedenko and Jordan farmar needed to provide similar performances and couldn't.

Andre Iguodala may not return, and even if he does, he will be 34 in January. He is likely headed to where Rick fox went from 02 to 04 age wise.

Yes GSW will add athletes. But adding an athlete that once was a star on a lot of levels and then gives it all up to come off the bench ... not likely.

2. Teams with superstars or more importantly future superstars like a Karl Anthony-Towns can take the approach... "we can't catch golden state in a year or two.. let's set a three year timetable and try to catch them when they're aging and/or getting mentally tired and aim for the 2020 WCF..."

Remember those 93 Bulls? Part of what the 91 Knicks team that they swept could utilize is that you could beat MJ up and the league would allow it... so they made careful acquisitions.. "let's emphasize anthony mason because it doesn't matter if he's anywhere close to the athlete scottie Pippen is.. we know because we are the NEW YORK Knicks David stern will look the other way when mason hangs on to Pippen for dear life." They brought in Charles smith so that after Charles Oakley had beat the ever loving crap out of Horace Grant.. smith could come in as a change of pace to try to run him off the floor. The Knicks also looked to the old pistons and realize that Jordan, whose main asset was always his quick first step.. could actually be guarded a bit better by quicker smaller guards... so ro Blackman, Greg anthony and doc rivers were rotated in with starks. This also ensured that Jordan would always have to chase a quick guard.

If Minnesota adds shooters and Westbrook it's very conceivable they or someone else could launch an attack. If New Orleans really got their crap together and dedicated themselves to getting perimeter defenders and a couple shooters they could be a threat.

New Orleans for example would have to be prepared to sit cousins when GSW goes small, but they know with a dominant force like Davis, they can control the paint... they can narrow their acquisitions to shooters and perimeter defenders ... always easier to make acquisitions when you own the paint

3. Stars departing. Look... you never looked at Durant and thought "oh Lebron James can't guard him" or at curry and thought "Kylie has no chance." They can't benefit from team defense because if anyone left Thompson or green there was no recovery possible ... all it takes is one of those two feeling slighted or disrespected in terms of stature or simply saying in thompsons case... I have the rings I want to go chase down a chance to be considered great in my own rite.

4. Age meets miles. Curry and Durant turn 30 before the 2018-19 season begins. Say they win another title and go another 90+ games in doing so... that's high mileage in short time for Curry especially

Mostly why I want to see it happen.. why I want to see Curry isolated and without the insane help that it's hard to expose him, is all the stuff two summers ago beginning to compare him to all the guys he just doesn't pass the laugh test in comparison to ... to be compared to a Jordan, James, Magic, Russell, Abdul-Jabbar... you have to not only be a star fundamentally.. you Have to be an elite athlete. And Curry is not.

Put Curry with David Greenwood, Ennius Whatley, Dave Corzine and Orlando Woolridge against Jordan and those same guys ... and not only does he lose. He's permanently dogged to the ends of the earth to the point where he's never a threat again.

This is not true of Lebron James. I'd still bet him to lose, but by a much slimmer margin and with his dignity still in tact.

Curry will eventually be put in a position where it's much more Mano y Mano with him and another superstar and without his friends helping him, he will likely be exposed worse than Bryant ever was and I will enjoy it more. He doesn't pass the laugh test as a top 10 player ever. What he's going is a lot like what patrick Ewing or Charles Barkley would be doing with talents like thompson and green and then the addition of a Durant.

If Reggie miller was shorter, didn't defend like a girl and had a more well rounded game.. he'd have probably won a ring or two without insane help. Would he be a top ten player? No.

JordansBulls
06-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Lebron on the Twolves opens up for him to not get locked up by Jimmy all the time now.

sep11ie
06-24-2017, 08:38 PM
LeBron on Houston as the PF would be a great team while we are just throwing random **** out there.

Harden
Beverly
Ariza
LBJ
Capella

With a bench of Eric Gordon, Sam Dekkar, Lou Williams, Nene, Harrell, and whatever ring chasers follow.

Jeffy25
06-25-2017, 02:53 AM
Why LeBron?

All they need is a ball dominate PG and they could be WCF battle ground team