PDA

View Full Version : Is DeAndre or Chris Paul overrated?

OlivaThor
06-22-2017, 05:18 PM
You always read that DeAndre would be nothing without CP3. When you look at CP3 he always had top finishers in the front court. Chandler which was the same type as DeAndre and David West which was more than servisable offensive player at PF. The question is who needs whom more.

IndyRealist
06-22-2017, 05:23 PM
DeAndre Jordan's value isn't determined by his ability to score.

Rivera
06-22-2017, 05:52 PM
Chris "I have never been out of the 2nd round but people on PSD rank me as the best PG of all time the Point GOD" Paul

deandre is exactly what he is, defend the rim, and rebound, you know what your getting out of both

i only say chris pauls overrated because of where people on PSD rank him while deandre is properly rated

and i love chris but thats just insane a player that talented hasnt been able to carry his team into a conference final

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2017, 06:16 PM
I think they're properly ranked, despite not making much forward progress. Paul could legitimately help LeBron foil the Warriors, and DeAndre one of the best defensive anchors in the NBA. I'd put him a little behind Gobert at this point.

TrueFan420
06-22-2017, 06:22 PM
DeAndre is def overrated and overpaid

mavwar53
06-22-2017, 06:30 PM
I think they're properly ranked, despite not making much forward progress. Paul could legitimately help LeBron foil the Warriors, and DeAndre one of the best defensive anchors in the NBA. I'd put him a little behind Gobert at this point.

There you go, overrated as hell, his defense is not impressive.

Chronz
06-23-2017, 12:51 PM
Yes to both. They both need each other and without the other around, both shrivel to unthinkable levels of ineptitude. Cp3 becomes like a poor man's felton and DJ becomes Javale Mcgee

MrfadeawayJB
06-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Yes and yes

Scoots
06-23-2017, 08:16 PM
Yes. DeAndre is maybe more over-rated than CP3.

And it's "Are DeAndre or Chris Paul overrated" :)

aman_13
06-25-2017, 01:51 AM
I wonder how many times CP3 replays that turnover he had in the last minute against OKC in his head.

That team could of won it all.

Dré
06-25-2017, 08:11 AM
Yes to both. They both need each other and without the other around, both shrivel to unthinkable levels of ineptitude. Cp3 becomes like a poor man's felton and DJ becomes Javale Mcgee

Either you're being completely sarcastic? Or you have a serious screw loose? Chris Paul with Emeka Okafor, who couldn't stay healthy long enough to see the floor, managed to lead his team from the depths of obscurity to the seventh seed, before being lost to a season ending knee injury (meniscus tear). If I'm not mistaken, the Hornets would miss the playoffs that year. Then, with Aaron FREAKING Gray as his starting center, he got the team to win 46 wins. He did this in an absolute blood bath of a conference.

The fact is, Chris Paul is Chris Paul with or without a top rim finisher like Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan. And both Chandler and Jordan are still capable of doing what they do with or without Chris Paul. That's why Chandler's managed similar numbers despite playing with inferior point guard play elsewhere. And last season, with Paul and Griffin out indefinitely for the playoffs, Jordan still put up monster rebounding numbers, whilst scoring on really high percentage shooting.

Maybe, just maybe, Chris Paul hasn't been out of the second round, because his teams haven't been deep enough. Beyond Paul, Griffin, and Jordan, there's Reddick, who's a good wing shooter, and not much else. And Crawford is a highly overrated player, who brings zero productivity beyond his ability to score points off sheer volume of shots taken. I wouldn't want him on my team.

PowerHouse
06-25-2017, 10:04 AM
Either you're being completely sarcastic? Or you have a serious screw loose? Chris Paul with Emeka Okafor, who couldn't stay healthy long enough to see the floor, managed to lead his team from the depths of obscurity to the seventh seed, before being lost to a season ending knee injury (meniscus tear). If I'm not mistaken, the Hornets would miss the playoffs that year. Then, with Aaron FREAKING Gray as his starting center, he got the team to win 46 wins. He did this in an absolute blood bath of a conference.

The fact is, Chris Paul is Chris Paul with or without a top rim finisher like Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan. And both Chandler and Jordan are still capable of doing what they do with or without Chris Paul. That's why Chandler's managed similar numbers despite playing with inferior point guard play elsewhere. And last season, with Paul and Griffin out indefinitely for the playoffs, Jordan still put up monster rebounding numbers, whilst scoring on really high percentage shooting.

Maybe, just maybe, Chris Paul hasn't been out of the second round, because his teams haven't been deep enough. Beyond Paul, Griffin, and Jordan, there's Reddick, who's a good wing shooter, and not much else. And Crawford is a highly overrated player, who brings zero productivity beyond his ability to score points off sheer volume of shots taken. I wouldn't want him on my team.

+1

And I'm pretty sure its sarcasm from him. He is normally singing the praises of CP3 and calls him an over-achiever.

SfgiantsJD3
06-25-2017, 10:10 AM
Yes. DeAndre is maybe more over-rated than CP3.

And it's "Are DeAndre or Chris Paul overrated" :)

The use of is is correct if the question is A OR B, are is correct if the question is A AND B

Chronz
06-25-2017, 01:32 PM
Either you're being completely sarcastic?

Ill use green font next time

JAZZNC
06-26-2017, 04:45 AM
The use of is is correct if the question is A OR B, are is correct if the question is A AND B

Hilarious when somebody tries to be a grammar Nazi and uses incorrect grammar!

YAALREADYKNO
06-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Chris "I have never been out of the 2nd round but people on PSD rank me as the best PG of all time the Point GOD" Paul

deandre is exactly what he is, defend the rim, and rebound, you know what your getting out of both

i only say chris pauls overrated because of where people on PSD rank him while deandre is properly rated

and i love chris but thats just insane a player that talented hasnt been able to carry his team into a conference final

Lmao this. The way people on here rate cp3 is crazy and somehow someway it's always Blake or deandre's fault instead of cp3's

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-26-2017, 10:12 AM
DeAndre is overrated. Why? Because all big men who can't shoot are overrated.

Speed, quickness, and shooting is what it's all about in today's NBA. Guys like DeAndre can only help you so much and quite frankly... if I was constructing a roster I would use my resources elsewhere.

The contract he got is absurd. He's a role player who rebounds and defends the rim. That's all he does. He gets paid like a star. It is absolutely absurd.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Chris Paul has been a great player. He's starting to age now, but he hasn't been overrated. His team's lack of playoff success isn't the be all end all here. For the most part, he just ran into better teams in the playoffs. But now he is getting older and his body is starting to break down. He needs to go to a team where he doesn't have to be the main guy at this point in his career.

There have been plenty of great players who have never won a ring or had much playoff success. In almost all of these cases, their supporting cast was awful or they just ran into better teams in the playoffs year after year. For CP3, I'd say it's the latter. The supporting cast he has is alright... nothing special, but not horrible. The main issue is he has been playing in a stacked conference his entire career and almost always ends up running into a clearly superior team. The Clips have consistently been the 3rd or 4th best team in the West. That's not gonna cut it and it usually leads to a 2nd round knockout.

YamanTV
06-27-2017, 06:36 PM
in my opinion CP3 isn't overrated

JJ_JKidd
06-27-2017, 08:56 PM
I think DeAndre and CP3 is a slightly upgraded version of Kenyon Martin and Jason Kidd