PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Auction Playoffs (STG Elite vs. Big Baller Brand)

valade16
06-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Every year Posters from PSD come together and do a secret auction of all players throughout NBA history attempting to make the best team and win the PSD All-Time Auction Championship! The teams have been seeded and are now in the playoffs. Please look over the teams and vote based on which team you think would win in a 7 game playoff series.

STG Elite has the higher seed and will have home court advantage in the series.

STG Elite:

PG: Gary Payton / Kemba Walker
SG: Sam Jones / Tony Allen
SF: Dominique Wilkins / Tayshaun Prince
PF: Dirk Nowitzki / Al Horford
C: Robert Parish / Theo Ratliff

vs.

Big Baller Brand

PG: Gilbert Arenas / Damian Lillard
SG: Michael Cooper / Manu Ginobili
SF: Chris Mullin / Jamaal Wilkes
PF: Elton Brand / AC Green
C: Shaquille O'Neal / Brad Daugherty

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Lolol Dirk, Parrish and Theo all together would get absolutely murdered by Shaq! There's no stopping the Diesel!

Greet
06-22-2017, 04:00 PM
Elton on Dirk :speechless:

Lakers + Giants
06-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Elton on Dirk :speechless:

Prime brand was actually a solid 2 way player.

In their 30 games against each other, Brand actually shot a higher FG%. Brand 47.6% Dirk 44.5%, Dirk was also only able to shoot 32.3% from threes in those 30 games vs Brand. I mean, that's a pretty good sample size and we got a player capable of sticking on dirk anywhere on the court in Brand while still being able to produce on offense too. I actually like that matchup for us all things considering. Dirk could eat many PFs up, glad Brand has proven he wasnt one of em.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1_hint=Elton+Brand&player_id1_select=Elton+Brand&player_id1=brandel01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Dirk+Nowitzki&player_id2_select=Dirk+Nowitzki&player_id2=nowitdi01&idx=players

Lakers + Giants
06-22-2017, 05:31 PM
G1, we can't vote for our own team :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2017, 05:40 PM
G1, we can't vote for our own team :laugh2:

:laugh:

I didn't know! Take away our votes!

valade16
06-22-2017, 08:03 PM
I am honestly shocked to see BBB up by so much. Yes they have Shaq but STG is better at every other position.

Lakers + Giants
06-22-2017, 08:12 PM
I am honestly shocked to see BBB up by so much. Yes they have Shaq but STG is better at every other position.

Best player in the series ✓
Biggest disparity compared to their opposition (Shaq & Parish) ✓
Better Bench/Depth ✓

It's really not that shocking IMO.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2017, 08:25 PM

It's that Big Baller Boooyyysss!

No one one STG's team can stop Prime Shaq.

jaydubb
06-22-2017, 11:17 PM
Big Booty bishes (BBB) for the win

Sadds The Gr8
06-23-2017, 12:09 AM

lol this. I was gonna debate until I saw the score. cant believe they're up so much...

the power of Shaq I guess. Centers continue to get the dickride treatment on PSD

Lucky.
06-23-2017, 09:10 AM
The score is ridiculous right now. I saw STG and thought, hey, they might be my favorite team in this. Then they're getting blown out. Very unfortunate.

KnicksorBust
06-23-2017, 12:31 PM
Is every single one of STG's starters an underrated all-time player?

Payton
Jones
Nique
Dirk
Parish

valade16
06-23-2017, 01:02 PM

Payton
Jones
Nique
Dirk
Parish

In this game GP and Dirk are probably slightly overrated but yes, his other 3 are massively underrated on here. I know it's by no means definitive but ESPN's top 100 players ever had Dirk 17, GP 41, Nique 44, Parish 57, and Jones 78.

Pretty much any list will have those 5 Top 100 all-time. They're getting whooped by Shaq and the 83rd best player on the list (Chris Mullin). It's insane how much a single player determines who wins in an all-time game.

Sadds The Gr8
06-23-2017, 01:19 PM
In this game GP and Dirk are probably slightly overrated but yes, his other 3 are massively underrated on here. I know it's by no means definitive but ESPN's top 100 players ever had Dirk 17, GP 41, Nique 44, Parish 57, and Jones 78.

Pretty much any list will have those 5 Top 100 all-time. They're getting whooped by Shaq and the 83rd best player on the list (Chris Mullin). It's insane how much a single player determines who wins in an all-time game.

Arenas shouldn't even be starting in this game lol

GREATNESS ONE
06-23-2017, 01:56 PM
Parish Dirk and Theo would all get in foul trouble, Prime Shaq is killing STG's little man line-up.

KnicksorBust
06-23-2017, 05:09 PM

Payton
Jones
Nique
Dirk
Parish

When have you ever seen with Gary Payton go far in this game? If you have my bad but I can't recall any...

GREATNESS ONE
06-23-2017, 05:09 PM
When have you ever seen with Gary Payton go far in this game? If you have my bad but I can't recall any...

I love the Glove, great player, watching the NBA avidly since late 80's like 87 I have got to watch so many great players. GP is just outside top 5 PG's all time, maybe even later like 8-10.

valade16
06-23-2017, 05:18 PM

Very true.

dhopisthename
06-23-2017, 05:43 PM
lol this. I was gonna debate until I saw the score. cant believe they're up so much...

the power of Shaq I guess. Centers continue to get the dickride treatment on PSD

*shaq gets the dickride treatment because they remeber when they were 10-15 years old him tearing up the likes of Greg Ostertag and vlade Divac. no other center gets half the credit he does.

GREATNESS ONE
06-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Damn, I didn't think I would see so much hate.......

GREATNESS ONE
06-23-2017, 06:29 PM
*shaq gets the dickride treatment because they remeber when they were 10-15 years old him tearing up the likes of Greg Ostertag and vlade Divac. no other center gets half the credit he does.

Duncan & Robinson? Webber & Divac? Wallace & Sabonis it took two men to stop Prime Diesel, if you didn't have that, you're not stopping him and he will destroy you like Kenyon, Dikembe etc.... I mean how old were you 16 at the time? Ya'll must have hated the Lakers back in the hay....

Hilarious. Utah's Greg Ostertag gtfo here with that.

Lakers + Giants
06-23-2017, 07:00 PM
Arenas shouldn't even be starting in this game lol

Going by 3 year peaks like the rules are, he's definitely starter worthy. If you're implying he's not a PG well then you'd be wrong. Either way, Manu Ginobili and Michael Cooper are both capable of playing point too, not too mention our backup PG in Damian Lillard. They both had over 2.0 AST/TO Ratio during their primes. We also Love the scoring Arenas/Ginobili provide us with. We're not implying theyre the same as Kobe and Shaq but Manu is definitely capable of playing at Kobe's level on both ends of the court for extended periods of time. Arenas was also capable of providing the same offensive power Kobe did, while we acknowledge he wasn't a great defender, he was capable of lighting someone the **** up. As great as Payton was, he'd have his hands full. Arenas' 27-6-4 average during his 3 year peak, on better efficiency than KOBE make him starter worthy...

Would also like to add, that we are fortunate enough to have someone of Michael Cooper's defensive caliber to help alleviate Arenas' defensive deficiency. He'd be allowed to do what he does best, score and create. I'd imagine Payton will be on Arenas? Whos going to cover Mullin and Coop when Shaq kicks it back out?

Some teams commit fully to their starting lineup, we EMBRACE our bench. Once Arenas, Coop, or even Mullin sit down, we got our super 6th man in Manu Ginobili. Once again, Manu and Shaq can be a mini Kobe and Shaq, this time Shaq would be playing with someone that is actually fine with someone else getting all the glory. Something Shaq and Kobe "struggled" with. I really don't see how our team isn't superior.

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2017, 12:21 AM
Going by 3 year peaks like the rules are, he's definitely starter worthy. If you're implying he's not a PG well then you'd be wrong. Either way, Manu Ginobili and Michael Cooper are both capable of playing point too, not too mention our backup PG in Damian Lillard. They both had over 2.0 AST/TO Ratio during their primes. We also Love the scoring Arenas/Ginobili provide us with. We're not implying theyre the same as Kobe and Shaq but Manu is definitely capable of playing at Kobe's level on both ends of the court for extended periods of time. Arenas was also capable of providing the same offensive power Kobe did, while we acknowledge he wasn't a great defender, he was capable of lighting someone the **** up. As great as Payton was, he'd have his hands full. Arenas' 27-6-4 average during his 3 year peak, on better efficiency than KOBE make him starter worthy...

Would also like to add, that we are fortunate enough to have someone of Michael Cooper's defensive caliber to help alleviate Arenas' defensive deficiency. He'd be allowed to do what he does best, score and create. I'd imagine Payton will be on Arenas? Whos going to cover Mullin and Coop when Shaq kicks it back out?

Some teams commit fully to their starting lineup, we EMBRACE our bench. Once Arenas, Coop, or even Mullin sit down, we got our super 6th man in Manu Ginobili. Once again, Manu and Shaq can be a mini Kobe and Shaq, this time Shaq would be playing with someone that is actually fine with someone else getting all the glory. Something Shaq and Kobe "struggled" with. I really don't see how our team isn't superior.

I never said Gilbert isn't a PG. He's just not starter worthy, or is bottom 2-3 starting PG in this at best. He's a volume scorer that isn't that efficient, and has limited playoff success. Plus he's not a defender, like u admitted.

Like Valade said, I'm superior at every starting position except C, and my bench being weaker than yours doesnt really matter considering my whole lineup can score and will be easy to stagger. Shaq/Brand is an awkward fit, and Cooper doesnt score. Nique can match Mullin's scoring output, and I think Payton would give Arenas all he could handle on both ends. I easily win the PF matchup also. Literally the only worry for my team is Shaq. Manu can be a difference maker but I have 2 guys well equipped to give him hell off my bench also. I wouldn't bank on him dominating this series

Lakers + Giants
06-24-2017, 03:48 AM
How do you easily win the PF matchup when Brand proved he could hold his own vs Dirk in the 30 games they played against eachother? That's a pretty damn solid sample size.

Shaq and Brand a weird fit? How? Brand was able to defend, score in the post, was a solid 10-16 foot shooter, and was able to rebound. He's underrated only because he was on those bad clippers teams.

22-10-3-2 during a 3 year stretch (240 games). His game complements Shaq's game perfectly.|

If we're going to talk about disparity here, it's at the Center position. There's no answer on your team for the best player in this series, Shaq.

The_Jamal
06-24-2017, 06:57 AM
Voting against LG because he brought up H-H match-ups again :mad:

jk, but seriusly im for team STG here. I see an actual team that would actually compliment each other on offense. I think one of the biggest counters to Shaq is you have to make him play defense. Parish would do that and I'm not convinced Shaq would run over a damn good C like him. It's an advantage, absolutely, but it's flat out stupid calling Shaq to Parish the biggest disparity in the series when he has Glove on Arenas and Dirk over Brand

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Voting against LG because he brought up H-H match-ups again :mad:

jk, but seriusly im for team STG here. I see an actual team that would actually compliment each other on offense. I think one of the biggest counters to Shaq is you have to make him play defense. Parish would do that and I'm not convinced Shaq would run over a damn good C like him. It's an advantage, absolutely, but it's flat out stupid calling Shaq to Parish the biggest disparity in the series when he has Glove on Arenas and Dirk over Brand
exactly. 2 guys who are borderline starters in this are starting on the other team. my lineup has way more balance and scoring threats. Their only argument is SHAQ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dhopisthename
06-24-2017, 11:12 AM
Duncan & Robinson? Webber & Divac? Wallace & Sabonis it took two men to stop Prime Diesel, if you didn't have that, you're not stopping him and he will destroy you like Kenyon, Dikembe etc.... I mean how old were you 16 at the time? Ya'll must have hated the Lakers back in the hay....

Hilarious. Utah's Greg Ostertag gtfo here with that.

ooo 35 year old way past his prime Sabonis, what about 33 year old rik smits, 31 year old Luc Longley, and 31 year old Divacl. thats his 2000 championship run of centers. I am not saying that shaq wasn't insane, but if they had any other center other than shaq they are losing buy 10+ votes and not up by 2 right now which is a joke if you consider the numbers that they put up compared to shaq.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-24-2017, 11:17 AM

Agreed valade, tho it looks like the gap has closed. For some reason, PSD has this insane obsession with Shaq where the rest of the team can be crap and Shaq gets you far.

Does PSD know Shaq can be taken advantage on defense? Like if you run a pick and roll at Shaq and make him defend in space, what do you think is happening? You'd never know based on the amount of respect Shaq gets on here.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-24-2017, 11:24 AM

lol so true.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-24-2017, 11:28 AM
The argument for Shaq's team is basically "Hey we have Shaq and he can play 1 on 5 basketball and win. The other 4 positions- where sadds team has an advantage- don't matter"

GREATNESS ONE
06-24-2017, 11:43 AM
Or the bench? Which we have a clear advantage.

Jets012
06-24-2017, 02:28 PM
I actually don't even think it's close. STG's team would win in a real life series in 5 games.

KnicksorBust
06-24-2017, 02:52 PM
I voted for STG.

KnicksorBust
06-24-2017, 02:55 PM

Tie game. Don't sleep on the Glove / Dirk combo. Arenas/Brand are no match. If Parish just doesn't give up 40-20 every game they will win. I think he can do it.

valade16
06-24-2017, 05:14 PM
Whether BBB wins or not, this has been a crazy comeback by STG. Wasn't he down like 0-7 to start?

I'm glad to see so many votes! Always good for the game.

Lakers + Giants
06-24-2017, 09:43 PM
1 of our votes doesnt count. STG up 13-12 not 13-13 like the score shows.

Redrum187
06-24-2017, 11:13 PM
The argument for Shaq's team is basically "Hey we have Shaq and he can play 1 on 5 basketball and win. The other 4 positions- where sadds team has an advantage- don't matter"

I mean, it's on par with how ignorant it is to say a top 10 defensive PF of all time who put up 19/11/3/2/1 is the worst starter in this simply because he played in the late 70's to the mid-to-late 80's. Meanwhile, Joakim Noah and John Starks are legit. lol

No matter how hard we try to change perception, apparently it's hard to change... you clearly can relate to that. :P

jaydubb
06-25-2017, 01:29 AM
But big booty biches tho.. BBB

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

PatsSoxKnicks
06-25-2017, 01:52 AM
I mean, it's on par with how ignorant it is to say a top 10 defensive PF of all time who put up 19/11/3/2/1 is the worst starter in this simply because he played in the late 70's to the mid-to-late 80's. Meanwhile, Joakim Noah and John Starks are legit. lol

No matter how hard we try to change perception, apparently it's hard to change... you clearly can relate to that. :P

I mean that WAS one of the weaker points in the NBA- that's just a fact and it's kinda reflected in redrafts/auctions or really any all time list.

And Noah has a DPOY. Does Roundfield have that? Has he finished 4th in MVP voting? In fact, comparing their 3-year peaks: Roundfield- 24.8 WS, 0.164 WS/48 and 4.3 BPM. Noah- 27.5 WS, 0.184 WS/.48 and 5.9 BPM. Hmm.

Anyways, maybe Roundfield isn't the weakest starter in this game but he's def up there.

Redrum187
06-25-2017, 03:11 AM
I mean that WAS one of the weaker points in the NBA- that's just a fact and it's kinda reflected in redrafts/auctions or really any all time list.

And Noah has a DPOY. Does Roundfield have that? Has he finished 4th in MVP voting? In fact, comparing their 3-year peaks: Roundfield- 24.8 WS, 0.164 WS/48 and 4.3 BPM. Noah- 27.5 WS, 0.184 WS/.48 and 5.9 BPM. Hmm.

Anyways, maybe Roundfield isn't the weakest starter in this game but he's def up there.

You realize WS and WS/48 have a heavy team component to them I assume. To use this to show they are better is kind of silly. Even in using WS and VORP, they aren't even that far apart. Carlos Boozer (on Joakim's team) had a .187 WS/48 in the 2011-2012 season. Then again, Boozer is modern so you really MIGHT argue he is better than Roundfield too :(. That's not even taking into account that Noah plays in an era where post scoring bigmen are nearly extinct... He can have his DPOY award, it doesn't make him a better defender than Roundfield. It's just funny when you said he was the weakest yet refuse to give any context as to WHY... raw and advanced stats say otherwise...

Hey... Dan Roundfield went from "literally nobody would start him" to "the weakest starter" to "one of the weakest starters". I'll take that... I just have to compare his skillset/stats with everyone elses weaker starter and he'll be a middle-of-the-pact starter soon enough! :)

Redrum187
06-25-2017, 06:38 AM
Has he finished 4th in MVP voting?

https://hoopshabit.com/2016/04/05/50-greatest-nbaaba-players-not-hall-fame/36/

Roundfield was a three-time All-Star for Atlanta, earning All-NBA honors and finishing fifth in the MVP voting in 1979-80. He was also a five-time All-Defensive selection.

You asked if he every finished 4th, well no... does 5th count? :clap: I'm not sure Noah has an edge on him offensively or defensively.

KnicksorBust
06-25-2017, 06:54 AM
Has he finished 4th in MVP voting?

https://hoopshabit.com/2016/04/05/50-greatest-nbaaba-players-not-hall-fame/36/

Roundfield was a three-time All-Star for Atlanta, earning All-NBA honors and finishing fifth in the MVP voting in 1979-80. He was also a five-time All-Defensive selection.

You asked if he every finished 4th, well no... does 5th count? :clap: I'm not sure Noah has an edge on him offensively or defensively.

No no no no no... you dont get to talk up the greatest alltime redraft steal Dan Roundfield in every matchup thread! Stick to yours.

Redrum187
06-25-2017, 06:58 AM
No no no no no... you dont get to talk up the greatest alltime redraft steal Dan Roundfield in every matchup thread! Stick to yours.

:laugh:

Lakers + Giants
06-25-2017, 03:28 PM
Congrats STG. Go win it all brother.

Sadds The Gr8
06-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Congrats STG. Go win it all brother.

thanks.

Dunkapolooza
06-25-2017, 03:37 PM
I'm glad to see some love here for the better team. Payton/Wilkins/Dirk are truly all time legends. They just have shaq and a bunch of talented dudes, good stats, and mostly unspectacular/forgotten careers. Mullin is arguably the second best player... yikes. At least BBB's bench is way better. But that **** gets no love unless you stress how you use it in your write up.

valade16
06-25-2017, 04:32 PM
STG Elite wins.

lakerfan85
06-25-2017, 04:39 PM
This **** was rigged!!