PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Auction Playoffs (Team PSKTJ vs. Boise State Broncos)

valade16
06-22-2017, 02:51 PM
Every year Posters from PSD come together and do a secret auction of all players throughout NBA history attempting to make the best team and win the PSD All-Time Auction Championship! The teams have been seeded and are now in the playoffs. Please look over the teams and vote based on which team you think would win in a 7 game playoff series.

Team PSKTJ has the higher seed and will have home court advantage in the series.

Team PSKTJ:

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Andrew Iguodala
SF: Bernard King
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Joakim Noah

B: Danny Granger
B: Don Buse
B: Rick Mahorn
B: Wesley Person
B: Gordon Hayward

vs.

Boise State Broncos:

PG: Isiah Thomas / Rod Strickland
SG: Brandon Roy / Jerry Sloan
SF: John Havlicek / Marques Johnson
PF: Blake Griffin / Kevin Love
C: Patrick Ewing / Dolph Schayes

KnicksorBust
06-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Magic has trouble with quick point guards and Thomas has proven that in the past. Ewing would eat Noah. Boise has better wings. Leaning Boise but it's close so I will see if we get a classic PSKTJ massive write-up and will wait for some debate before voting.

Greet
06-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Magic has trouble with quick point guards and Thomas has proven that in the past. Ewing would eat Noah. Boise has better wings. Leaning Boise but it's close so I will see if we get a classic PSKTJ massive write-up and will wait for some debate before voting.

lol, same thought. Definitely need to see the write-up. But I can very well see Magic guarding Roy and Iggy on Thomas

dhopisthename
06-22-2017, 10:02 PM
I am busy tonight, but will give a short writeup sometime tomorrow.

KnicksorBust
06-23-2017, 12:33 PM
If nothing by Sat I will just go Boise. I like them for reasons posted above.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-23-2017, 05:36 PM
I'll have a write up later tonight. Been on vacation so haven't been able to get to a write up yet.

dhopisthename
06-23-2017, 05:39 PM
a short writeup on a game plan.

On offense I have a very versatile team with 3 guys in Thomas, Roy, and Havlicek who are all tremendous passers. they could all run a pick and roll with blake/Love and ewing and force magic and king into situations that would favor me. Ewing as stated previously would be a huge advantage for me in the post and they don't really have a backup center. Mahorn played mostly power forward and was a complete zero on offense.I would also use Love a good deal in this series as a 3pt shooter and someone who can force KG out of the paint and make him less effective on defense.

On defense I can hide Thomas on Iggy and use either 8x all team defense Havlicek on Magic or have 6-6 roy guard him. Ewing can also anchor the defense with 3.5 blocks average and has made 3 all defensive teams. I don't have a stopper for kg, but I can send multiple guys at him including schayes. They also either have to chose to use magic and Iggy when they were less effective or when they were not a threat from 3pt range which would really hurt their spacing.

I think by far the biggest advantage I have is that my team as a whole doesn't rely on 2-3 guys to do everything. I have much better depth at every position. In fact the psktj's bench has a combined 4 all star games on it. my bench has several multiple time all stars on it and my bench offers different skillsets. if I need a defender I have Jerry Sloan, if I need shooting I have Kevin Love, if I need playmakers I have strickland and Johnson.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-23-2017, 05:40 PM
I'll have a write up later tonight. Been on vacation so haven't been able to get to a write up yet.

As I mentioned, I'll have a write-up later tonight. And a response to dhop too.

But in the meantime, thought I'd copy what we had in our clubhouse regarding our team style:

Team Style:
With Magic, our goal is to get out and run in transition. And we have the athletes to do it (Iggy, King, KG and Noah). Of course to get out in transition, you need to force turnovers and every 1 of our players averaged at least 1 steal per game in their peak (yes that includes our 2 bigs). Our defense will lead to our transition- with 2 DPOYs in the front court and underrated wing defender Iguodala, we should be able to force plenty of stops on defense (teams have a higher PPP on offense off of misses versus makes and you can run off of misses). Additionally, ALL of our players are 6-6 or taller which means our defense can switch every pick and roll with no weak link (think the Warriors). There are no mismatches to attack on defense. Our PG has guarded a Center before. And BOTH of our bigs are capable of guarding out on the perimeter as well as in the post. Both of our bigs have extreme defensive versatility.

Likewise, on offense, in the half court, there is no hiding spot for your shorter PG. Your shorter PG will have to guard a bigger player- whether it's Magic or our wings. And we'll attack these mismatches. With Centers who can step out and shoot to midrange, we can even post up Magic on your short PG. Or we can run pick and rolls with our bigs to get mismatches.

On offense, we have 5 players who can all pass, shoot and defend (like the Warriors). Specifically, our passing is top notch with talented passing bigs, the GOAT passer in Magic and another talented passer in Iggy. With talented passers at every position, we can have an offense where the ball is constantly moving.

While the 3pt shooting might be questionable, we are using late career Magic and Warriors Iguodala (35%+ w/ the Warriors) who have both proven to be capable 3-point shooters. Additionally, our bench is loaded with 3-pt shooters. Wesley Person is our 3-pt sniper but Granger and Hayward are both above average 3pt shooters as well. Even Buse, who played in the 70s hit 33.3% of his shots (which is good for 1 point per shot which is a league average shot). We'll mix and match some of our bench players in if we need more shooting. One other positive about our bench- they are also all bigger. Our smallest bench player is Buse who is 6-4.

Finally, we have the ability to play small with Granger at the 4 off the bench. Granger's massive wingspan (7-2 which is larger than Paul George and larger than the average PF) will allow him to play up a position if need be. Rick Mahorn gives us toughness and physicality off the bench + 6 additional fouls. Buse gives us a player who was 6x all defense and can guard PGs and SGs. Both Hayward and Granger are also very good defenders as well. And Person is 6-6 so he at least has size.

valade16
06-23-2017, 09:36 PM
These are two of my favorite teams (I had both ranked Top 5). This is very close.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-24-2017, 01:59 AM

Before posting my write-up, I thought I'd address this post.

First off, you mention Magic has trouble with quick point guards but then no mention of the fact that a 6-1 Isiah has to guard a 6-9 Magic as if that height difference doesn't matter? How is Isiah going to make up that height difference? Why wouldn't Magic shoot over him every damn time?

Secondly, you mention Thomas has proven it in the past against Magic. But has he? In the 1989 Finals, Magic got injured in game 2 (at the time the Lakers were up by 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcgvgsJ13W0)) and was basically never the same in the series afterwards while eventually shutting it down. So that Finals basically doesn't count as Magic didn't even play the last 2 games.

In the prior year, Magic averaged 21.1 ppg, 13 apg, 5.7 rpg, 2.0 spg with a 67.6% TS%. Meanwhile IT averaged 19.7 ppg, 9 apg and 4.4 rpg on a 51.7% TS%. So that was a CLEAR win for Magic. And IT clearly wasn't able to stop Magic at all with his 8 inch height difference.

Also, say Boise State doesn't want IT guarding Magic, who is he going to guard? Everyone on our team is at least 6-6 and IT would be at a massive height disadvantage against every single starter. And all of our guards/wings are capable of dribbling (it's not like andre iguodala is bruce bowen where you'd be scared shitless if he dribbled the ball.) and shooting over the smaller Thomas. He may have been a great defender but the guy was still short and there's no one for him to cover thats his own size.

So I don't buy for a second that Magic-IT is anything close to a wash. Magic is clearly MUCH MUCH superior (talking about a top 5 player of all-time and don't let PSD biases distract you from that).

As for Ewing vs. Noah, I mean we might have arguably the greatest help defender in KG on our team. So it's not like Noah is going to be alone. Also, Noah is a DPOY who finished 4th in MVP voting so it's not like he's chopped liver. We think between both Noah and KG, we should have enough defense to cover Ewing, whose not this unstoppable scorer (no scoring titles).

PatsSoxKnicks
06-24-2017, 03:00 AM
Here's our game plan:

As we mentioned in our team style section, we want to get out and run. But we still need a half court offense and our half court offense is going to be exposing the short Isiah and Blake Griffin in the pick and roll. Since we're using late career Magic- who could shoot- Boise State won't be able to go under screens. They won't be able to trap Magic because KG will then dominate in 4 on 3s and they won't be able to switch because Blake on Magic and IT on KG is just a terrible idea. So what will Boise do to counter that? If they send help from any other direction, our other players will make them pay. All are capable of either passing or shooting from midrange at the very least.

Additionally, because Isiah is shorter than everybody on our team, we'll use that to our advantage. We'll have Magic post him up and use his height to his advantage giving him clear passing lanes out of the post.

Also, we'll attack Blake in the post with KG.

On defense, we are totally comfortable with our bigs. BOTH have DPOYs. Both are capable of switching on smaller players and guarding out on the perimeter. Both are capable of guarding in the post (in 12-13, Noah allowed 0.709 PPP on Post Ups, in 13-14, Noah allowed 0.777 PPP on Post Ups). We think KG can totally erase Blake. Watch Blake struggle vs. Draymond (in Blake's games vs. Draymond this year (http://stats.nba.com/impact/advanced/#!?LineupIDs=201933&VsLineupIDs=203110&TeamID=1610612746&VsTeamID=1610612744), he had a 29.5% TS% when Dray was on the court. LOL) and it's clear KG would eat him up. And we think Noah can hold his own vs. Ewing more than Boise State's players can hold their own vs. our mismatches. And again, I'll reiterate that Noah won a DPOY.

As for the wings, we think we match up well vs. Boise State. King has one of the greatest vertical leaps (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/467751-michael-jordan-dominates-the-vertical-jump-wherersquos-carter-and-kobe) in NBA history and we feel the smaller havlicek will have trouble with King's athleticism. Havlicek was no doubt an amazing defensive player but we think that in addition to King's athletic abilities, Magic feeding him shots should get him easier shots. As for Roy, we feel the longer Iguodala (6-11 wingspan vs. 6-8 for Roy) will give him problems. After all, Iggy won Finals MVP primarily for the way he defended Lebron. If he can do that, we're totally comfortable with him guarding Roy. He'll also spend some time guarding Havlicek and Isiah. That's the great thing about Iggy- his versatility on defense allows him to guard any one of the Isiah/Roy/Havlicek trio.

We'll also play some small ball with Granger at the 4. He's got a MASSIVE 7-1 1/2 inch wingspan (which for reference is longer than PG13) and he was an underrated defender. We think a Magic-Iggy-King-Granger-KG lineup could cause all sorts of chaos for Boise State on defense.

Another key for us will be having Ewing defend in space. We're not confident he could defend the pick and roll that great and our faster bigs will basically blow by him every time down the court. We plan to take advantage of him in transition too where our bigs are much faster down the court. Considering Ewing is Boise State's rim protector, we can attack the basket in transition when the slower Ewing is still plodding up the court.

In fact, besides running pick and roll at Isiah and Blake, we'll run on Boise State. Ewing is the type of slow plodding Center who won't be able to keep up with our fastbreak and protect the rim. He'll tire out playing at a fast pace and while Blake can run the floor, he's a poor rim protector. Meanwhile, our bigs can defend in transition. So if this game turns into a transition battle, Boise State is screwed. (And considering Blake is best used in transition, we think he's going to have a tough series having to play at a slower pace)

Finally, we like the versatility on our bench. Wesley Person is a sniper- a career 40%+ shooter from 3. Don Buse was a 6x all-defensive team who racked up a ton of steals (which can fuel the fast break). Hayward and Granger are good all around players who can do a little of everything- pass, shoot and defend which works perfectly along our stars. And Rick Mahorn gives us some toughness off the bench. We can use him to guard Ewing in spot mins and get under Ewings skin.

I'll have more tomorrow. Hopefully Jam will do something too.

The_Jamal
06-24-2017, 06:40 AM
What I wanted to reiterate is the fact that when we go small, Boise State has absolutely 0 answer. KG is going to spend time on Ewing anyway, and we feel extremely confident that one of the best defensive players ever can hang with Ewing just fine on that end. That's really the only question mark of the small-ball LU on defense. Offensively though, how does Ewing defend KG on the perimeter? How does he stay with his quickness? How does Boise keep up with the pace of a Magic-Iggy-King-Granger-KG LU and defend all the playmaking?

Speaking of the playmaking, we feel this is one of the strongest aspect of our team. Dhop talks about "hiding" IT on Iggy... great. You're giving an excellent wing creator a huge physical advantage and passing lanes to get the offense started or get to the rim. Magic of course will be the main instigator, but if he does come off the floor, we'll be able (and confident) to run the offense through multiple other players and positions. This leaves us tremendous versatility on offense and offensive fluidity that no other team has.

Dhop has a nice team, but we're a horrible match-up for him because we will run his best player off the floor and really negate a lot of his rim protection ability with our bigs playing away from the rim. And he simply doesn't have the personal to go small with us with Love and Schayes as his back-up bigs... we'd just be running at the rim every set with Ewing off the floor.

The_Jamal
06-24-2017, 06:48 AM
a short writeup on a game plan.

On offense I have a very versatile team with 3 guys in Thomas, Roy, and Havlicek who are all tremendous passers. they could all run a pick and roll with blake/Love and ewing and force magic and king into situations that would favor me. Ewing as stated previously would be a huge advantage for me in the post and they don't really have a backup center. Mahorn played mostly power forward and was a complete zero on offense.I would also use Love a good deal in this series as a 3pt shooter and someone who can force KG out of the paint and make him less effective on defense.

On defense I can hide Thomas on Iggy and use either 8x all team defense Havlicek on Magic or have 6-6 roy guard him. Ewing can also anchor the defense with 3.5 blocks average and has made 3 all defensive teams. I don't have a stopper for kg, but I can send multiple guys at him including schayes. They also either have to chose to use magic and Iggy when they were less effective or when they were not a threat from 3pt range which would really hurt their spacing.

I think by far the biggest advantage I have is that my team as a whole doesn't rely on 2-3 guys to do everything. I have much better depth at every position. In fact the psktj's bench has a combined 4 all star games on it. my bench has several multiple time all stars on it and my bench offers different skillsets. if I need a defender I have Jerry Sloan, if I need shooting I have Kevin Love, if I need playmakers I have strickland and Johnson.

I think this is absolutely untrue. IF you took Magic off our team, our playmaking would still be great with Iggy/KG/Noah/Hayward/Granger all fantastic for their positions. A big strength of our team is we DON'T have to rely on Magic to create everything for everyone; it can and will come at you from all sides. So if you key in on Magic, (which you probably should) it's giving already great playmakers an even bigger edge than they had before.

dhopisthename
06-24-2017, 06:29 PM
What I wanted to reiterate is the fact that when we go small, Boise State has absolutely 0 answer. KG is going to spend time on Ewing anyway, and we feel extremely confident that one of the best defensive players ever can hang with Ewing just fine on that end. That's really the only question mark of the small-ball LU on defense. Offensively though, how does Ewing defend KG on the perimeter? How does he stay with his quickness? How does Boise keep up with the pace of a Magic-Iggy-King-Granger-KG LU and defend all the playmaking?

Speaking of the playmaking, we feel this is one of the strongest aspect of our team. Dhop talks about "hiding" IT on Iggy... great. You're giving an excellent wing creator a huge physical advantage and passing lanes to get the offense started or get to the rim. Magic of course will be the main instigator, but if he does come off the floor, we'll be able (and confident) to run the offense through multiple other players and positions. This leaves us tremendous versatility on offense and offensive fluidity that no other team has.

Dhop has a nice team, but we're a horrible match-up for him because we will run his best player off the floor and really negate a lot of his rim protection ability with our bigs playing away from the rim. And he simply doesn't have the personal to go small with us with Love and Schayes as his back-up bigs... we'd just be running at the rim every set with Ewing off the floor.

If you go small I can sit down Blake and bring in Marques Johnson who is better then Danny Granger. I could also bring in love and let him work on Granger in the post. I don't see how I have no answer to you going small. Also, Ewing is way more athletic then you guys are giving him credit for. you wouldn't be able to just run him off the court.

I think Thomas on Iggy is fine. we are talking about a guy who per 36 averages 10.2 points/4.4 assists and 7.3 offensive win shares in 3 years. if you want to use him on a super competitive Thomas to try and beat me i would be fine with that.

how do you defend all of my playmaking with a lineup of thomas-Roy-Havlicek-Johnson-ewing? just like KG is going to pull ewing away from the basket, ewing is going to pull kg away from the basket. all 3 of Roy, Thomas, and Havlicek are great passers and Thomas and roy are great creators.

dhopisthename
06-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Here's our game plan:

As we mentioned in our team style section, we want to get out and run. But we still need a half court offense and our half court offense is going to be exposing the short Isiah and Blake Griffin in the pick and roll. Since we're using late career Magic- who could shoot- Boise State won't be able to go under screens. They won't be able to trap Magic because KG will then dominate in 4 on 3s and they won't be able to switch because Blake on Magic and IT on KG is just a terrible idea. So what will Boise do to counter that? If they send help from any other direction, our other players will make them pay. All are capable of either passing or shooting from midrange at the very least.

Additionally, because Isiah is shorter than everybody on our team, we'll use that to our advantage. We'll have Magic post him up and use his height to his advantage giving him clear passing lanes out of the post.

Also, we'll attack Blake in the post with KG.

On defense, we are totally comfortable with our bigs. BOTH have DPOYs. Both are capable of switching on smaller players and guarding out on the perimeter. Both are capable of guarding in the post (in 12-13, Noah allowed 0.709 PPP on Post Ups, in 13-14, Noah allowed 0.777 PPP on Post Ups). We think KG can totally erase Blake. Watch Blake struggle vs. Draymond (in Blake's games vs. Draymond this year (http://stats.nba.com/impact/advanced/#!?LineupIDs=201933&VsLineupIDs=203110&TeamID=1610612746&VsTeamID=1610612744), he had a 29.5% TS% when Dray was on the court. LOL) and it's clear KG would eat him up. And we think Noah can hold his own vs. Ewing more than Boise State's players can hold their own vs. our mismatches. And again, I'll reiterate that Noah won a DPOY.

As for the wings, we think we match up well vs. Boise State. King has one of the greatest vertical leaps (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/467751-michael-jordan-dominates-the-vertical-jump-wherersquos-carter-and-kobe) in NBA history and we feel the smaller havlicek will have trouble with King's athleticism. Havlicek was no doubt an amazing defensive player but we think that in addition to King's athletic abilities, Magic feeding him shots should get him easier shots. As for Roy, we feel the longer Iguodala (6-11 wingspan vs. 6-8 for Roy) will give him problems. After all, Iggy won Finals MVP primarily for the way he defended Lebron. If he can do that, we're totally comfortable with him guarding Roy. He'll also spend some time guarding Havlicek and Isiah. That's the great thing about Iggy- his versatility on defense allows him to guard any one of the Isiah/Roy/Havlicek trio.

We'll also play some small ball with Granger at the 4. He's got a MASSIVE 7-1 1/2 inch wingspan (which for reference is longer than PG13) and he was an underrated defender. We think a Magic-Iggy-King-Granger-KG lineup could cause all sorts of chaos for Boise State on defense.

Another key for us will be having Ewing defend in space. We're not confident he could defend the pick and roll that great and our faster bigs will basically blow by him every time down the court. We plan to take advantage of him in transition too where our bigs are much faster down the court. Considering Ewing is Boise State's rim protector, we can attack the basket in transition when the slower Ewing is still plodding up the court.

In fact, besides running pick and roll at Isiah and Blake, we'll run on Boise State. Ewing is the type of slow plodding Center who won't be able to keep up with our fastbreak and protect the rim. He'll tire out playing at a fast pace and while Blake can run the floor, he's a poor rim protector. Meanwhile, our bigs can defend in transition. So if this game turns into a transition battle, Boise State is screwed. (And considering Blake is best used in transition, we think he's going to have a tough series having to play at a slower pace)

Finally, we like the versatility on our bench. Wesley Person is a sniper- a career 40%+ shooter from 3. Don Buse was a 6x all-defensive team who racked up a ton of steals (which can fuel the fast break). Hayward and Granger are good all around players who can do a little of everything- pass, shoot and defend which works perfectly along our stars. And Rick Mahorn gives us some toughness off the bench. We can use him to guard Ewing in spot mins and get under Ewings skin.

I'll have more tomorrow. Hopefully Jam will do something too.

I don't feel like this is true at all which seems like its a huge part of your gameplan. ewing was like 7-0 240 while kg for comparison was 6-11 240. he isn't as athletic as KG, but he wasn't a flat footed center either.

Redrum187
06-24-2017, 06:55 PM
I don't know how KG's help-defense is ultra relevant when discussing Noah on Ewing if Love is on the perimeter. Does KG leave Love wide open so he can help Noah against Ewing? Sounds like a bad idea.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-25-2017, 01:20 AM
If you go small I can sit down Blake and bring in Marques Johnson who is better then Danny Granger. I could also bring in love and let him work on Granger in the post. I don't see how I have no answer to you going small. Also, Ewing is way more athletic then you guys are giving him credit for. you wouldn't be able to just run him off the court.

I think Thomas on Iggy is fine. we are talking about a guy who per 36 averages 10.2 points/4.4 assists and 7.3 offensive win shares in 3 years. if you want to use him on a super competitive Thomas to try and beat me i would be fine with that.

how do you defend all of my playmaking with a lineup of thomas-Roy-Havlicek-Johnson-ewing? just like KG is going to pull ewing away from the basket, ewing is going to pull kg away from the basket. all 3 of Roy, Thomas, and Havlicek are great passers and Thomas and roy are great creators.

We can also go small with King at the 4 and Hayward or Granger at the 3. And we think our small ball lineup would ultimately be better because we'd have a better defender at C in KG. Also, this would allow us to attack Ewing in the pick and roll with KG, who is quicker/faster/more athletic.

How'd that work out for the Cavs in game 5 of the Finals? CLE basically ignored Iggy (non prime Iggy too) or put their worst defender on him and he ended up with 20 points in a closeout game. Yes obviously this is different but the point remains the same- you can't leave him open/leave poor defenders on him otherwise he will take advantage.

Additionally, if you want to have Thomas on Iggy, we'll just set screens with Iggy to get him back on Magic. Or if you trap, that leaves Iggy with a 4 on 3 which he's very capable of handling due to his great passing and finishing ability.

But unlike you guys- with Blake, whose a poor rim protector, Noah is a really good rim protector. BOTH of our bigs can protect the rim. In fact, we'd even consider just moving KG to guard Ewing full time and have Noah guard Blake. Either way works due to the versatility of our bigs. Whereas if you have Ewing away from the rim, the basket is wide open cause Blake nor Love nor Schayes are rim protectors. You basically only have 1 rim protector and if he gets in foul trouble or is lagging back on fastbreaks, the basket is wide open to be attacked.

Additionally, as we mentioned, we have greater size to put on your guys. So all of them will have to see over taller/longer defenders to make plays.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-25-2017, 01:37 AM
I don't feel like this is true at all which seems like its a huge part of your gameplan. ewing was like 7-0 240 while kg for comparison was 6-11 240. he isn't as athletic as KG, but he wasn't a flat footed center either.

He's not flat footed but he's certainly slower than KG/Noah. And look at those Knicks teams- they played at a glacial pace in an era where the pace was really slow. In 15 seasons with the Knicks, Ewing's teams ranked in the top 10 in pace once and in the top 20 in pace only three times. So considering Ewing spent the majority of his 15 year career playing at a really slow pace, why would he be able to handle a faster pace? Also fwiw, Roy played on really slow paced teams too (every one of Roy's Portland's teams were either last or 2nd to last in pace). Although I'll admit that matters very little.

Also, what do you do if we switch it up and put KG on Ewing? KG could absolutely slow Ewing- who is one of your primary scoring options- while we'd have an advantage at PG and PF with Magic and KG having easy matchups- whether through switches or going at the guy thats guarding them at the position.

Plus, you really don't have anyone who can guard Magic. While Havlicek was an amazing defender, he's still giving up size to Magic (4 inches) and so is Roy whose 3 inches shorter. There's just really no one on your team at around the same height as Magic who can guard him. Meanwhile, we have excellent options to guard your best offensive players- for Ewing, we can put KG on him (or Noah). For Blake, we can put Noah on him (or KG). For Isiah, we can put Iggy on him (or even Magic).

PatsSoxKnicks
06-25-2017, 01:40 AM
I don't know how KG's help-defense is ultra relevant when discussing Noah on Ewing if Love is on the perimeter. Does KG leave Love wide open so he can help Noah against Ewing? Sounds like a bad idea.

First of all, Noah is a DPOY so he's not gonna get destroyed by Ewing. But ya know what, we don't even have to do that. We can just switch it up and have KG guard Ewing with Noah on Blake or Love. And Noah is still a great help defender too. So what does boise state do if KG guards Ewing? We still have DPOY Noah's help defense.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-25-2017, 02:09 AM
Also, while I'm at it, going to address some perceptions of Noah. He's a legit starter given a) obviously has a DPOY but b) we're not talking about current Noah, we're talking about the Noah from 3-4 years ago who was a beast and finished 4th in MVP voting.

But in case you forgot, here are his stats from his 3-year peak:
Joakim Noah - DPOY, 3x All-Defense, 4th in MVP voting, 74th in Career MVP Award Shares. 3-year peak: 27.5 WS, 0.184 WS/48, 19.3 PER, 5.9 BPM, 12.1 pts per 36, 11.3 reb per 36, 4.3 ast per 36, 1.1 stl per 36, 1.8 blk per 36

And as you see, he's 74th in career MVP award shares, which is pretty good for a guy widely not regarded as a top 100 player all time. Now should he have finished 4th in MVP voting that year? Maybe not but regardless, he's not some scrub.

dhopisthename
06-25-2017, 02:57 PM
well gg guys. really close game

valade16
06-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Boise State Broncos win.