PDA

View Full Version : Deandre Jordan on the trade market...

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:02 PM

Clips going full rebuild?

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:06 PM
In before "Boston should be all over this"

Nah. I'd for sure sign him if he were a FA but I wouldn't pay the price in a trade.

FOXHOUND
If Paul leaves, makes sense to rebuild. Their traded picks coming up are 1-14 protected and eventually become 2nd rounders so they can do it right. I would check out Boston's interest, with their need for a big + assets.

FOXHOUND

Nah. I'd for sure sign him if he were a FA but I wouldn't pay the price in a trade.

You succeeded.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Don't want any.

BostonBoy
06-20-2017, 10:09 PM

Agreed. Nice player, don't really want him for the price the Clippers will demand.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Boston will be mentioned with every player though lol. He definitely does fit well there though.

This makes me believe both CP3 and Griffin are gone. No reason to do this otherwise.

Twolves88
06-20-2017, 10:11 PM
I'd be very interested in him for the timberwolves if he would be willing to play here....

I might do our number 7 pick and a asset.

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins
towns
Jordan

Very nice lineup and fills a huge need. Would they entertain a Dunn + #7 trade?

valade16
06-20-2017, 10:13 PM
How much does DeAndre wish he had signed with the Mavs right about now?

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2017, 10:16 PM
I'd be very interested in him for the timberwolves if he would be willing to play here....

I might do our number 7 pick and a asset.

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins
towns
Jordan

Very nice lineup and fills a huge need. Would they entertain a Dunn + #7 trade?

Towns at the 4? He'll be a huge liability on defense there

mgomrjsurf
Griffin and Paul to Celtics?

GiantsSwaGG
Hornets should of traded for Jordan instead of Howard

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 10:18 PM

Was just asking this about Dwight in 2013 in his trade thread. :laugh2:

Kinda works for all the players who spurned them, right? Deron in 2012 is another.

Nobody believes in the Mavs, man. Cuban + Dirk + Carlisle? Come on! These people are crazy.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:18 PM
Boston will be mentioned with every player though lol. He definitely does fit well there though.

This makes me believe both CP3 and Griffin are gone. No reason to do this otherwise.

Last part isn't true IMO. They can move him for roster pieces and get better. We're all so trained and conditioned to just worry about getting Big 3s and Core 4s of all-stars. Roster balance and depth mean something.

For example, they trade Jordan to BOS for Bradley/Crowder/Rozier they get better IMO. The extra perimeter defense, floor spacing, complimentary scoring outweighs what they get from Jordan IMO.

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Raps should be all over this.

Jordan for JV + Joseph + Raps 1st

Raps get the defensive C that Casey craves and the Clips get a young C with a ton of potential under contract until 2020.

I'm sorry that's a laughable offer

R. Johnson#3
06-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Raps should be all over this.

Jordan for JV + Joseph + Raps 1st

Raps get the defensive C that Casey craves and the Clips get a young C with a ton of potential under contract until 2020.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 10:23 PM
So far everyone has been trying to trade away their team.. and this all started because of Paul George. It's literally a collateral effect right now and no team wants to walk away from the trades.

WaDe03
Last part isn't true IMO. They can move him for roster pieces and get better. We're all so trained and conditioned to just worry about getting Big 3s and Core 4s of all-stars. Roster balance and depth mean something.

For example, they trade Jordan to BOS for Bradley/Crowder/Rozier they get better IMO. The extra perimeter defense, floor spacing, complimentary scoring outweighs what they get from Jordan IMO.

I disagree there. They now have a huge hole at center. They are weak at the 2 and 3 since JJ is probably gone but not sure you want such a big hole at the 5.

WaDe03
So far everyone has been trying to trade away their team.. and this all started because of Paul George. It's literally a collateral effect right now and no team wants to walk away from the trades.

And I'm loving every second of it!

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:25 PM
I disagree there. They now have a huge hole at center. They are weak at the 2 and 3 since JJ is probably gone but not sure you want such a big hole at the 5.

Jordan can't even play down the stretch in games because of his FT shooting. So that "hole at the 5" is there in crunch time anyway.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Bulls: Lopez Rondo Valentine Bobby and the 16th pick

About the best I can come up with lol.

Then sign Lowry.

Lowry
Wade
Butler
Niko?
Jordan

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 10:26 PM
And I'm loving every second of it!

me too, but I suspect half of these "rumors" are literally random noise with zero credibility. Thursday's draft will be interesting...

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Jordan can't even play down the stretch in games because of his FT shooting. So that "hole at the 5" is there in crunch time anyway.

True but he more than makes up for it in other areas. He's an all NBA guy, hard to replace that.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:27 PM
me too, but I suspect half of these "rumors" are literally random noise with zero credibility. Thursday's draft will be interesting...

Definitely. I think this is going to be the craziest offseason we've had in awhile. We're going to have big trades and free agency moves imo.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 10:28 PM
True but he more than makes up for it in other areas. He's an all NBA guy, hard to replace that.

He was only an All-NBA guy because the format requires a Center and literally, you just gotta play defense to qualify at this point. The guy is a complete liability offensively, can't shoot, can't score, and can't hit FT's. If you go for DJ, you gotta make sure your PF can spread the floor because it'll clog the paint up otherwise. I think he'll fit well with Love or Porzingis.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:29 PM
All these teams trying to beat the stacked super teams by stacking up on worse superstars... DUMB.

You don't beat superstars and "meh" role players with worse "superstars" and equally "meh" roll players. You're not going to compete with GS's Big 4. That's why CLE lost. They just tried to out-superstar GS except theirs are better overall. You need to look beyond only the top of the roster if you want any shot. it's going to take a well-built team full of complimentary pieces that are good enough to expose weaknesses in certain areas but also deep enough where they don't have glaring weaknesses that can be exploited again and again.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 10:31 PM
All these teams trying to beat the stacked super teams by stacking up on worse superstars... DUMB.

You don't beat superstars and "meh" role players with worse "superstars" and equally "meh" roll players. You're not going to compete with GS's Big 4. That's why CLE lost. They just tried to out-superstar GS except theirs are better overall. You need to look beyond only the top of the roster if you want any shot. it's going to take a well-built team full of complimentary pieces that are good enough to expose weaknesses in certain areas but also deep enough where they don't have glaring weaknesses that can be exploited again and again.

The thing is, doing all that requires thinking.. and these GM's are being forced to make moves. Who knows? it's only been a week since the Finals ended.. this will be a very interesting summer.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 10:32 PM
I don't think this is anything more than the Clippers checking their standing if Chris Paul leaves. They have to be prepared for all options so they have a plan.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:32 PM
The thing is, doing all that requires thinking.. and these GM's are being forced to make moves. Who knows? it's only been a week since the Finals ended.. this will be a very interesting summer.

In the end though, you need more star power.

Dade County
06-20-2017, 10:33 PM

Not necessarily, I read somewhere that Cp3 wanted Jordan to be traded.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Not necessarily, I read somewhere that Cp3 wanted Jordan to be traded.

ofc he does. He wants to resign with the Clippers and then get LeBron/Wade/Melo there.

richiesaurus310
06-20-2017, 10:35 PM
As a Clippers fan I can only hope Deandre is as good as gone. I personally hope we rebuild. We have no firsts this draft or in 2019, but hopefully we can get a first in a Deandre trade. I'd be on the phone with the Knicks for a Noah+future 1st for Deandre deal. I'd take Deng from the Lakers too if they sent a 1st with him.

Let Paul and Griffin Walk. Trade Jamal Crawford for a late 1st to a contender. Let Jerry West do his thing in the draft the next few years. Let the Warriors rule the West while we rebuild for the next 3-4 years. This team as is is going nowhere anyways.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:40 PM

I had the kind of epiphany of it with BOS. It sounds great to trade for Butler and sign Hayward. But you know what, maybe not sign Hayward...

Trade #3, Crowder, future pick(s) for Butler

In FA we'd have $25,568,429 to spend on 2 FAs. Split it between James Johnson and Dedmon. Dedmon is a rim protecting center. Johnson is a versatile defnesiv e4 that can guard up or down a spot and space the floor decently.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Butler/Brown
Horford/Johnson
Dedmon/Zizic

That lineup might not have star power but with good coaching it can surely create open looks while having a top duo of IT/Butler. Everyone but IT is at least a good defensive player. Several great ones and a few elite guys. Size inside for rebounding. Flexibility to play big or small.

Sign Hayward instead and you have to pass on signing Dedmon and Johnson as well as trade Bradley. Hayward adds to your star power but I think that makes for a worse team..

Dade County
06-20-2017, 10:40 PM

Well said...

But do you trully believe thst this will & can happen? The reality is that this league is bulit on Super Stars.

& for a team to be 9 deep, with just above avg well-rounded players, to beat a team with the best shooting duo ever & on top of that KD & Green with a free flowing offense.

Yeah, i think that deep team still needs some star players.

Dade County
06-20-2017, 10:42 PM
ofc he does. He wants to resign with the Clippers and then get LeBron/Wade/Melo there.

Jordan for Melo it is then lol

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Well said...

But do you trully believe thst this will & can happen? The reality is that this league is bulit on Super Stars.

& for a team to be 9 deep, with just above avg well-rounded players, to beat a team with the best shooting duo ever & on top of that KD & Green with a free flowing offense.

Yeah, i think that deep team still needs some star players.

Yeah definitely need star players. Of course. But I'm saying stop selling your whole roster so you can get a 3rd or 4th "all-star" that's barely an all star and probably like 25th through 30th in the league. At that level of star, I think you're better off with 3 good players that fill roles in your rotation.

Dade County
06-20-2017, 10:45 PM
I had the kind of epiphany of it with BOS. It sounds great to trade for Butler and sign Hayward. But you know what, maybe not sign Hayward...

Trade #3, Crowder, future pick(s) for Butler

In FA we'd have $25,568,429 to spend on 2 FAs. Split it between James Johnson and Dedmon. Dedmon is a rim protecting center. Johnson is a versatile defnesiv e4 that can guard up or down a spot and space the floor decently.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Butler/Brown
Horford/Johnson
Dedmon/Zizic

That lineup might not have star power but with good coaching it can surely create open looks while having a top duo of IT/Butler. Everyone but IT is at least a good defensive player. Several great ones and a few elite guys. Size inside for rebounding. Flexibility to play big or small.

Sign Hayward instead and you have to pass on signing Dedmon and Johnson as well as trade Bradley. Hayward adds to your star power but I think that makes for a worse team..

Great outlook...

Reading this, made me feel like the League should take KD off of GS.

No one can build a team to beat this cheat code team. Lmao

Seriously if KD would just go somewhere else, everyone would feel more relax and think they have a shot at building a team that can actually win.

Lmao

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:48 PM
Great outlook...

Reading this, made me feel like the League should take KD off of GS.

No one can build a team to beat this cheat code team. Lmao

Seriously if KD would just go somewhere else, everyone would feel more relax and think they have a shot at building a team that can actually win.

Lmao

Yeah even though I think that team is better than the Hayward version they still got no shot lol. GS has that type of complimentary roster except with stars instead of role players haha

I dream often about if KD signed with Boston. Ainge would be trading for superstars left and right lol

ewing
06-20-2017, 11:05 PM
send him to Boston with Hayward, PG, Butler, and Pozingis

Cracka2HI!
06-20-2017, 11:20 PM

Not true at all. If you look at the garbage offers here you would think DJ has no trade value. In real life, he's an All-Star(last year) and a 2nd Team All-NBA and NBA All-Defense in the last 2 years. That may not amount to a hill of beans on PSD but if you could get a team to look to him like that and over pay you could create a much better Clipper roster. DJ probably has closer to the value I just said than what will be projected by fans on PSD. Here are offers that are even or in The Clippers favor off the top of my head.

Boston - Bradley, Olynk(S&T), Rozier, 1st(non-lotto)
T'Wolves - LaVine, Dieng, Tyus Jones
Phoenix(actually rumored) - 4th Pick, Marques Chriss, Chandler, Knight(flipped to another team)

Then JJ Redick and Austin Rivers are traded to The Knicks for Melo. Multiple teams could be involved in all these deals to take guys like Brandon Knight. The Clippers have Jerry West. I know everything we're seeing from the East Coast media has The Clippers losing everything but this is more likely with West on board. Here is how The Clippers would look in there scenario's.

Boston Trade
C Olynk
PF Griffin
SF Anthony
SG Bradley/Crawford
PG Paul/Rozier

T'Wolves Trade
C Dieng
PF Griffin
SF Anthony
SG LaVine/Crawford
PG Paul/Jones

Suns Trade
C Chandler
PF Griffin/Chriss
SF Anthony
SG ??(Knight trade?)/Crawford
PG Paul/De'Aron Fox(possibly traded for starting SG) or Knight

Are these trades unrealistic? I don't know. I think the Boston deal helps both teams for sure. There no less unrealistic as the others posted here but they're skewed towards The Clippers who now have Jerry West. The trades favoring The Clippers are probably more worth considering because of West.

numba1CHANGsta
06-20-2017, 11:27 PM
Idk what's more funnier, how just two years ago the Clippers basically held this guy hostage until he re-signed and now they wanna kick him out OR the Clippers asking the Suns for their 4th pick AND Tyson Chandler, Tyson is basically just as good as DJ plus they want the 4th pick lmao

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 11:36 PM
Looks like they wanted Tyson and then wanted to trade that pick for George or Butler or another star if I had to guess.

mavwar53
06-20-2017, 11:39 PM
Jordan is so overrated it's amazing

Dade County
06-21-2017, 12:14 AM
Idk what's more funnier, how just two years ago the Clippers basically held this guy hostage until he re-signed and now they wanna kick him out OR the Clippers asking the Suns for their 4th pick AND Tyson Chandler, Tyson is basically just as good as DJ plus they want the 4th pick lmao

Lmao

Just crazy

Here are offers that are even or in The Clippers favor off the top of my head.

Boston - Bradley, Olynk(S&T), Rozier, 1st(non-lotto)
T'Wolves - LaVine, Dieng, Tyus Jones
Phoenix(actually rumored) - 4th Pick, Marques Chriss, Chandler, Knight(flipped to another team)

Then JJ Redick and Austin Rivers are traded to The Knicks for Melo. Multiple teams could be involved in all these deals to take guys like Brandon Knight. The Clippers have Jerry West. I know everything we're seeing from the East Coast media has The Clippers losing everything but this is more likely with West on board. Here is how The Clippers would look in there scenario's.

Boston Trade
C Olynk
PF Griffin
SF Anthony
SG Bradley/Crawford
PG Paul/Rozier

T'Wolves Trade
C Dieng
PF Griffin
SF Anthony
SG LaVine/Crawford
PG Paul/Jones

Suns Trade
C Chandler
PF Griffin/Chriss
SF Anthony
SG ??(Knight trade?)/Crawford
PG Paul/De'Aron Fox(possibly traded for starting SG) or Knight

Are these trades unrealistic? I don't know. I think the Boston deal helps both teams for sure. There no less unrealistic as the others posted here but they're skewed towards The Clippers who now have Jerry West. The trades favoring The Clippers are probably more worth considering because of West.

Are you ok?

Saddletramp
06-21-2017, 12:30 AM
Funny how as soon as Jerry West shows up, DJ's on the block. West ain't Doc, thank Christ for that, Clippers fans.

Wade n Fade
06-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Why did the Clips even offer DJ for Chandler and #4? The Suns aren't going to give away the opportunity to walk away with Jayson Tatum just to get DJ lol. Drummond, J-Val, and Whiteside are better trade targets for the Suns to begin with if they want a new center since all three are younger and have higher ceilings. But neither of those three are worth Chandler and the #4 pick..

GoferKing_
06-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Ohh, this overrated guy.xD

WestCoastSportz
06-21-2017, 02:28 PM
DJ is a player with very little basketball skills and has gotten to this point of his career through sheer athleticism and physicality. Once that athleticism is gone, then he's pretty much useless. He'll be 29 years old so he still has a few years left. I'd give it 3 or 4 more years, so its not like he doesn't have any value in the league. He is what he is. He's a 7 footer that can rebound, block shots and catch alley-oops. He's not a guy you'd want in there during a tight game shooting 43% from the free throw line. At $23M a year for two more years, its not a horrible contract considering he still has value although I wouldn't expect to get a star player back.

ombada
06-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Jordan for PG straight up. I know this isnt what my team wants, as they are in for a rebuild but...

PG goes to LA.

Jordan plays C next to Turners PF. Then maybe try to resign Teague.

Just a thought for funzies. The Clips would definitely improve here. Jordan could be replaced easily by another athletic defensive big.

mrblisterdundee
06-21-2017, 04:37 PM

How thankful are the Mavericks that they got Noel instead?

eDush
06-21-2017, 04:57 PM
DJ is a player with very little basketball skills and has gotten to this point of his career through sheer athleticism and physicality. Once that athleticism is gone, then he's pretty much useless. He'll be 29 years old so he still has a few years left. I'd give it 3 or 4 more years, so its not like he doesn't have any value in the league. He is what he is. He's a 7 footer that can rebound, block shots and catch alley-oops. He's not a guy you'd want in there during a tight game shooting 43% from the free throw line. At $23M a year for two more years, its not a horrible contract considering he still has value although I wouldn't expect to get a star player back.Its an overpaid contract but not horrible which you tend to exaggerate. Just cause DJ can't shoot ft doesn't mean he's not a very good player otherwise you can put Shaq on your exaggerated list too :facepalm:

richiesaurus310
06-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Jordan for PG straight up. I know this isnt what my team wants, as they are in for a rebuild but...

PG goes to LA.

Just a thought for funzies. The Clips would definitely improve here. Jordan could be replaced easily by another athletic defensive big.

I just don't think that's what the Pacers are looking for. I'm assuming they want younger pieces/draft picks which Deandre is neither nor will he lead to either.

I don't see any way the Clippers can acquire Paul George via trade outside of a 3rd team wanting Deandre for said young pieces/draft picks

shep33
06-21-2017, 05:10 PM
Jordan for PG makes zero sense to me.

Not only that, they re-up CP3 and Blake, then they have no shot at LBJ.

CP3, Blake, PG is a nice core, but you're rolling with that for a while. I think DJ is more valuable than PG for that squad honestly.

People don''t understand how impactful DJ is. Defensively he's a monster. Offensively, yeah he's limited, but he finishes everything. Oh and he's the MOST DURABLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE.

richiesaurus310
06-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Jordan is just too limited on offense. If he were at least a decent free throw shooter it'd help, but he doesn't even make half of them. Clippers have to move on from him if they want to make a serious run with CP3 and Blake.

IndyRealist
06-21-2017, 05:24 PM

PG goes to LA.

Came here to say this, only send Al Jefferson too. Jordan fits next to Turner far better than Love would. Imagine the Lance-DeAndre pick n roll.

eDush
06-21-2017, 10:22 PM
Jordan for PG makes zero sense to me.

Not only that, they re-up CP3 and Blake, then they have no shot at LBJ.

CP3, Blake, PG is a nice core, but you're rolling with that for a while. I think DJ is more valuable than PG for that squad honestly.

People don''t understand how impactful DJ is. Defensively he's a monster. Offensively, yeah he's limited, but he finishes everything. Oh and he's the MOST DURABLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE.I agree with you but you posters who doesn't but post nonsense. He is the ultimate finisher for a center, hands down :nod:

eDush
06-21-2017, 10:24 PM

How thankful are the Mavericks that they got Noel instead?Noel is nowhere as good as a defender than DJ so I would think they much rather have the Clippers center :nod:. Plus neither are that good at ft so that is a wash.

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 11:14 PM
Jordan for Drummond has been discussed