PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade opts in.....

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 07:01 PM

Smh. He can still be traded though. I can only hope!

Saddletramp
06-20-2017, 07:06 PM
What's the amount? $20 million or so? Of course he was opting in.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Was always gonna happen. He ain't turning down an extra $20M to win lol

Fans only look through their own eyes. It's easy to write on a message board he should take $20M less to win.

aman_13
06-20-2017, 07:07 PM
I don't blame him. Take the money.

Wade n Fade
06-20-2017, 07:08 PM
So much for the "Banana Boat Crew" reunion special w/ LeBron, CP3, Melo, and Wade that people were craving. Wade could end up being dealt to a team like Phoenix or Denver.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 07:10 PM
This is a good move by Wade. He's going to take the money so he can take a minimum and join the Lakers... Watch.. And if I am the Lakers, I'd look into getting PG+LeBron+CP3+Melo+Wade next season. Force Melo and Wade to take much less.. those two clowns made more than enough. Melo committed robbery with the Knicks. Max out PG+LeBron and CP3 takes a paycut. game over, Warriors.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Good. Hopefully we trade Butler soon and Wade can spend next year mentoring whoever we draft and get in return from Boston, Phoenix, Minny, etc. That's pretty much the biggest value he'll provide because it sure won't be his play on the court.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 07:11 PM
It's obvious why Wade is doing it. He knows 2018 is the only realistic timeframe for them to commit to banana boat. He wants the money now so it won't be as bad. $25 million now, $10 million for the next years. They aren't winning now anyways so why would he commit past a year.

Dade County
06-20-2017, 07:11 PM
See you next season Wade!

Wade n Fade
06-20-2017, 07:15 PM
This is a good move by Wade. He's going to take the money so he can take a minimum and join the Lakers... Watch.. And if I am the Lakers, I'd look into getting PG+LeBron+CP3+Melo+Wade next season. Force Melo and Wade to take much less.. those two clowns made more than enough. Melo committed robbery with the Knicks. Max out PG+LeBron and CP3 takes a paycut. game over, Warriors.

How is Wade a clown? He had bad luck with his knees and suffered a devastating shoulder injury while still amassing a HoF career, took less $ for a good deal of his career in the Big 3 era, represented the Heat well, is a great off the court guy, and still has something left in the tank in stretches. He was the reason Miami was a game away from the ECF in 2016.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2017, 07:19 PM
nobody is turning down 20 million lol.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 07:21 PM

Lol

These guys aren't going to turn down millions and millions of dollars so KD can lose. They don't hate him as much as you lol

jason
06-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Lol

These guys aren't going to turn down millions and millions of dollars so KD can lose. They don't hate him as much as you lol

Exactly people and their weird scenarios lol

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2017, 07:24 PM
So much for the "Banana Boat Crew" reunion special w/ LeBron, CP3, Melo, and Wade that people were craving. Wade could end up being dealt to a team like Phoenix or Denver.

Could still happen next off-season, which I honestly think it will at this point.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 07:39 PM
It's not me saying they would take a paycut.. it's literally Lebron. And if LeBron even mentions it, you can tell it's calculated already aka what they did in 2008. We all know it's going to happen and I can't imagine it not happening very soon considering Wade is getting much older.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 07:39 PM
It's obvious why Wade is doing it. He knows 2018 is the only realistic timeframe for them to commit to banana boat. He wants the money now so it won't be as bad. $25 million now, $10 million for the next years. They aren't winning now anyways so why would he commit past a year.

Wade a clown? Lmao!

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 07:40 PM
LeGM could still trade for him this offseason in a deal involving Irving Frye and Smith for Wade and Butler.

Or he could be bought out if the Bulls suck and Jimmy is traded.

KB24PG16
06-20-2017, 07:44 PM
wade didnt care about winning anymore, he trynna stack paper before he heads out into the sunset. i don't blame him at all

Wade n Fade
Could still happen next off-season, which I honestly think it will at this point.

I see CP3 being a Spur this year. The whole play with friends thing is overrated right now because CP3 could partner up with LA, Gasol, and Kawhi. Gasol is in the middle of a new contract to make room for the Spurs.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
LeGM could still trade for him this offseason in a deal involving Irving Frye and Smith for Wade and Butler.

Or he could be bought out if the Bulls suck and Jimmy is traded.

Ya. I honestly feel like LeBron, Wade, and Carmelo are gonna join CP3 in LA next summer.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Ya. I honestly feel like LeBron, Wade, and Carmelo are gonna join CP3 in LA next summer.

I agree. Idk where but I find it hard to believe they won't team up.

Vinylman
06-20-2017, 07:57 PM
People are so dumb

He will collect his money until the deadline along with melo

Both will be bought out and both will go to the Cavs

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Shocker.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 08:19 PM
People are so dumb

He will collect his money until the deadline along with melo

Both will be bought out and both will go to the Cavs

You may be right. They could both probably get their buyouts. Maybe not full value but they could get a good chunk of it.

TrueFan420
06-20-2017, 08:32 PM
What's the amount? $20 million or so? Of course he was opting in.

Would have said the same about Pau and his 16.5

Shammyguy3
06-20-2017, 08:39 PM

CP3 - Wade - George - Melo - Lebron?

I'd still take the warriors because they have no liabilities on defense, whereas here Wade and Melo are liabilities. Plus the Warriors are significantly younger

I'm not shocked Wade opted in. I hope he's traded tomorrow though.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 08:41 PM

I'd still take the warriors because they have no liabilities on defense, whereas here Wade and Melo are liabilities. Plus the Warriors are significantly younger

You and me both, need him to finish his career on a contender with a competent FO.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 08:56 PM

George/CP3/LeBron can all play defense, though. Hell, George and CP3 are All-NBA defenders. LeBron isn't until it gets to the Finals. Wade and Melo are liabilities but they're great scorers off the bench. It seems to me that defense wouldn't even be a concern. To beat the Warriors, you'll need firepower off the bench - which is why Cleveland couldn't keep up as soon as Bron was benched.

archdevil84
06-20-2017, 08:59 PM
dissapointing. was hoping he would return to miami after a disasterous season with the bulls :(

Shammyguy3
06-20-2017, 09:01 PM
George/CP3/LeBron can all play defense, though. Hell, George and CP3 are All-NBA defenders. LeBron isn't until it gets to the Finals. Wade and Melo are liabilities but they're great scorers off the bench. It seems to me that defense wouldn't even be a concern. To beat the Warriors, you'll need firepower off the bench - which is why Cleveland couldn't keep up as soon as Bron was benched.

We're adding a year into Levron after another long season and playoffs. Adding a year to CP3 and Melo and Wade. Golden State still beats that team

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 09:04 PM
We're adding a year into Levron after another long season and playoffs. Adding a year to CP3 and Melo and Wade. Golden State still beats that team

Well, we're not sure what Golden State will do. If Iggy and Shawn Livingston leaves, they'll lose two of their top six players. PG on KD, LeBron at PF (Guarding Dray), CP3 on Curry, and the rest will handle itself. It looks good to me. Certainly better than what Cavs have now.. that's for sure.

Shammyguy3
06-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Well, we're not sure what Golden State will do. If Iggy and Shawn Livingston leaves, they'll lose two of their top six players. PG on KD, LeBron at PF (Guarding Dray), CP3 on Curry, and the rest will handle itself. It looks good to me. Certainly better than what Cavs have now.. that's for sure.

They'd still attract vet min players and also have Klay Thompson

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 09:09 PM
They'd still attract vet min players and also have Klay Thompson

If Cavs play:

LeBron
Zubac (Idk?)
CP3
Ingram/PG
Melo/Wade

It'll be impossible for Warriors to guard them, too. I just think LAL has huge upside since these guys all want to play together. And they STILL have the #2 pick. IMO, they should trade that pick for Porzingis.

Shammyguy3
06-20-2017, 09:12 PM
If Cavs play:

LeBron
Zubac (Idk?)
CP3
Ingram/PG
Melo/Wade

It'll be impossible for Warriors to guard them, too. I just think LAL has huge upside since these guys all want to play together. And they STILL have the #2 pick. IMO, they should trade that pick for Porzingis.

Ingram? What? And no, it wouldn't be impossible. It would be harder, but the Warriors would STILL be a younger better version of the Cavs there

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Ingram? What? And no, it wouldn't be impossible. It would be harder, but the Warriors would STILL be a younger better version of the Cavs there

Cavs took them to five games (should have won game 3). This team would be much better than the Cavs. And yes, Ingram. If Magic isn't willing to trade him, they obviously have high expectations for the guy. It would be impossible. How do you reckon the Warriors stop that offense? Neither team will stop each other. Warriors being younger is a plus but Melo has a nice aging game, Wade is a smart player, and the experience on this team is underestimated.

Shammyguy3
06-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Cavs took them to five games (should have won game 3). This team would be much better than the Cavs. And yes, Ingram. If Magic isn't willing to trade him, they obviously have high expectations for the guy. It would be impossible. How do you reckon the Warriors stop that offense? Neither team will stop each other. Warriors being younger is a plus but Melo has a nice aging game, Wade is a smart player, and the experience on this team is underestimated.

I forgot that experience was lacking in Golden State. Oh and that they just have better players than that proposed team, even today.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 09:27 PM
I forgot that experience was lacking in Golden State. Oh and that they just have better players than that proposed team, even today.

Whatever you say. Not gonna go into hypothetical situations and pretend it's absolute.

AllBall
06-20-2017, 10:34 PM
See you next season Wade!

Perfect. Get the money Wade, see you in 2018! 😎

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 11:49 PM

Lol!

tp13baby
06-21-2017, 12:38 AM

Hell f'ing no. I will take Harris over Wade and no way is he cutting into Murrays minutes.

smith&wesson
06-21-2017, 12:52 AM
Get paid Wade.. youre already the 3rd best sg of all time, nothing else to prove.

LA_Raiders
06-21-2017, 01:24 AM
At his age is all about the $. I can see him going to Clev the year after.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-21-2017, 08:42 AM

Bunch of junk been moved around already like Mozgov, Howard, Plumlee. So maybe Bulls be gullible of Wade to Cavs for JR Smith and Shumpert. Besides the haul they get for Butler. Maybe Cavs throw in a late first or two. hahh aahah

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 09:24 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaquvkjn

Who says no? Cleveland's Trailblazers pick on the line too.

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 02:16 PM

Wade locking up Derozan in the clutch for those who said he would be a defensive liability. He will lock up when it matters most.

mrblisterdundee
06-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Of course. He's got to save up before heading out on his ring-chasing expedition.

TylerSL
06-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Him and Chicago deserve each other. Wade sold out for money and now Chicago is stuck vastly overpaying him. Enjoy him Bulls fans.

JordansBulls
06-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Wade and Jimmy along with Rondo or Bevs or Lowry will lead us to a title this year.

cmellofan15
06-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Last year's free agency really opened up everyone's imagination lmao. Wade doesn't belong on the Cavs and the Cavs know that-- he would get abused in a series against the warriors.

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Last year's free agency really opened up everyone's imagination lmao. Wade doesn't belong on the Cavs and the Cavs know that-- he would get abused in a series against the warriors.

You're bad at this

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 06:41 PM
Wade and Jimmy along with Rondo or Bevs or Lowry will lead us to a title this year.

Crazy thing is you're not trolling, I see you say this stuff on multiple forums! :clap:

sjbirds
06-21-2017, 06:58 PM

Did you see lebrons defense in the finals? he was awful

TrueFan420
06-21-2017, 07:52 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaquvkjn

Who says no? Cleveland's Trailblazers pick on the line too.
Everyone but the Cavs say no

Heediot
06-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Most of these nba guys are too 'hollywood, about image, brand and style. Guys like Duncan, Dirk and Pau
are cut from a different cloth.

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 08:05 PM
Everyone but the Cavs say no

Pacers get Love and the Portland 1st

Bulls get Kyrie and they're obsessed with PGs

You're more than likely wrong.

Quinnsanity
06-22-2017, 03:31 AM
They're gonna buy him out in February and he'll finish the season with the Cavs.

cmellofan15
06-22-2017, 08:39 AM
You're bad at this

Bad at what? What exactly does Dwyane Wade offer that' would improve the Cavs? He can't shoot, can't chase guys off of screens, can't play defense in general. It's moronic to think that cavs should be pursuing him and that he shouldn't continue to make his money on Chicago on that awesome deal he got.

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 09:28 AM
Bad at what? What exactly does Dwyane Wade offer that' would improve the Cavs? He can't shoot, can't chase guys off of screens, can't play defense in general. It's moronic to think that cavs should be pursuing him and that he shouldn't continue to make his money on Chicago on that awesome deal he got.

He would add playmaking which LeBron wants, scoring which they needed, someone to make the right plays, one of the clutchest players we've seen, experience of being a key piece on multiple championship teams, etc. His regular season defense isn't good because he coasts but in the clutch he locks up. I posted the video of him locking up Derozan in this thread I believe. To say he would get abused and wouldn't help at all is ridiculous.

I bet they would've loved to have him in game 3 to help them close that one out.

cmellofan15
06-22-2017, 09:37 AM
Oh, you posted a video?

https://mobile.twitter.com/_/status/857408732577243136

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 09:41 AM
Oh, you posted a video?

https://mobile.twitter.com/_/status/857408732577243136

Shouldn't expect a real response from you, that's one play and he was damn near on the other side of the paint. Players do that all the time. As for the rebound he had 11, a 6'4 35 year old guard with 11 rebounds? I'll take that.

26-11-8 that game, I bet the Cavs would love to add that.

cmellofan15
06-22-2017, 09:44 AM
And LMAO at him coasting during the regular season. He was on a team that BARELY made the playoffs, he wasn't coasting. And if he was is that really who you want on your team?

In what sense is he a playmaker? Deron Williams has a better passing rating, assist / bad pass ratio and was only a $9 mill cap hit after getting him off waivers.

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 09:46 AM
And LMAO at him coasting during the regular season. He was on a team that BARELY made the playoffs, he wasn't coasting. And if he was is that really who you want on your team?

In what sense is he a playmaker? Deron Williams has a better passing rating, assist / bad pass ratio and was only a $9 mill cap hit after getting him off waivers.

He's been coasting for years now to preserve his body for the playoffs, being a Nuggets fan you probably don't know what the playoffs are anyways.

Did you watch Deron Williams in the playoffs? If you don't think Wade would've done better you're about as clueless as it gets.

cmellofan15
06-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Shouldn't expect a real response from you, that's one play and he was damn near on the other side of the paint. Players do that all the time. As for the rebound he had 11, a 6'4 35 year old guard with 11 rebounds? I'll take that.

26-11-8 that game, I bet the Cavs would love to add that.

Hahahahaha that was the game when "Mr. Clutch" bricked a wide open 3pter to trim the lead to 6 in the 4th right? And then let his man go down for the easy layup to push the lead to 11 right? The one where he gave up that idiotic tech in the 4th right? That sounds like the exact the thing the Cavs need to get rid of on their team not expand upon.

cmellofan15
06-22-2017, 09:51 AM
He's been coasting for years now to preserve his body for the playoffs, being a Nuggets fan you probably don't know what the playoffs are anyways.

Did you watch Deron Williams in the playoffs? If you don't think Wade would've done better you're about as clueless as it gets.

Being a Nuggets fan I'm glad we didn't give a washed up has been $25 mill to sell tickets. Being a Heat fan you wouldnt....i mean Bulls... I mean you're a Cavs fan right? Lmao do you even know which team you root for anymore?

archdevil84
06-22-2017, 09:54 AM
i want the banana crew in miami next year. make it happen pat!

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Hahahahaha that was the game when "Mr. Clutch" bricked a wide open 3pter to trim the lead to 6 in the 4th right? And then let his man go down for the easy layup to push the lead to 11 right? The one where he gave up that idiotic tech in the 4th right? That sounds like the exact the thing the Cavs need to get rid of on their team not expand upon.

The game was over by the tech and if you're going to put the loss on the guy with 26-11-8 and the best +\- on the team you really may be clueless. I don't see you saying anything about "Mr. Clutch" when he had 11 in the 4th and would hit a back breaking 3 when the Celtics would push back.

If you don't think Wade is about as clutch as it gets then you really need to do your research. From the looks of it you're just hater which is confusing to me. I could see EC fans not liking Wade, especially the ones of teams he consistently knocked out of the players. In the WC I could see maybe Mavs Spurs and Thunder fans not liking him. Lakers fans because his prime was better than Kobes. But you're a Nuggets fan lmao! The constant hate any time he is brought up is hilarious to me as it makes no sense.

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 09:57 AM
Being a Nuggets fan I'm glad we didn't give a washed up has been $25 mill to sell tickets. Being a Heat fan you wouldnt....i mean Bulls... I mean you're a Cavs fan right? Lmao do you even know which team you root for anymore?

I'm following Wade until his career is done then going back to the Heat. All 3 teams you listed **** on the Nuggets though. I'd rather not even watch if that was my favorite team. Wade would've got you to the playoffs this year but as I said, you probably aren't sure what the playoffs are.

cmellofan15
06-22-2017, 12:44 PM
Lmao no one cares about your fair weather fan hood. You're a bandwagon fan. You posting in the playoffs like you're a Cleveland fan was hilarious.

I mean you can't even hide the fact that you dickride LeBron because he's the only player in the league that can carry old man Wade. Your imagination keeps telling you that there's a chance for Wade on the Cavs because you wanna see him on a contender but he doesn't belong. Can't shoot. Can't defend. Subpar playmaker. Let him get his money and ride off into the sunset.

And man.....GREAT 1 game sample size! Let's look at the most recent game he played where he went 1-10 from the field hahahahahahahahahahahaha super clutch. Classic playoff Wade!

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Lmao no one cares about your fair weather fan hood. You're a bandwagon fan. You posting in the playoffs like you're a Cleveland fan was hilarious.

I mean you can't even hide the fact that you dickride LeBron because he's the only player in the league that can carry old man Wade. Your imagination keeps telling you that there's a chance for Wade on the Cavs because you wanna see him on a contender but he doesn't belong. Can't shoot. Can't defend. Subpar playmaker. Let him get his money and ride off into the sunset.

And man.....GREAT 1 game sample size! Let's look at the most recent game he played where he went 1-10 from the field hahahahahahahahahahahaha super clutch. Classic playoff Wade!

Lmao I'm not a Cavs fan! Subpar playmaker?! 2nd most APG for a SG this year in only 30 minutes while being surrounded by scrubs.

You are about as clueless as it gets. We'll chalk it up to jealousy since youe franchise has never experienced anything g significant from a success or player stand point. The Nuggets?! Lmao!!!!

Heediot
06-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Wade bout the money fo sho. Butler traded, does he change his tune?

TrueFan420
06-22-2017, 09:20 PM
Wade bout the money fo sho. Butler traded, does he change his tune?

He should have waited before opting in... if he asks for them to buy out I'd laugh so hard.

Heediot
06-22-2017, 09:23 PM
He should have waited before opting in... if he asks for them to buy out I'd laugh so hard.

He probably has it thought, out. Get the money, and let the Bulls buy him out after the trade deadline and join LeBron for the stretch run,

FlashBolt
06-22-2017, 09:32 PM
Wade is in it for the money and he won't sign a long-term because he wants to do the banana thingy.. It's not a coincidence LeBron, Wade, and Melo ALL signed contracts dating to 2018... And why do you guys think Clippers are trying to unload DeAndre? IMO, Clippers need to do this: Find a three way trade for DeAndre and get PG to the Clippers. They get rid of DJ's cap. Resign CP3. They won't be winning anything for a season but it clears the cap for 2018 to get the banana boat crew. It's obvious it is happening. These guys planned the Miami Big Three since 2008 (initially they wanted Melo but Melo wanted the money and signed longer than he should have). Don't think LeBron mentions it without having a plan.

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Wade being better than any Nuggets player in history and doing more himself than the Nuggets franchise has ever done should change his decision. He hasn't filled out the paperwork. He should leave but I think he will ask for a buyout in February which is a shame he's going to waste away on a garbage team.

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 10:14 PM

Man I hope he leaves.

Dade County
06-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Hoping Wade gets bought out of his contract!

Come back to Miami Wade! Don't ring chase to the Cavs or go to the Clips.

Wade County!

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 12:11 AM

If this happens hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Silent
06-23-2017, 12:21 AM
wade needs to leave and take rondo with him to a contender ****ing scrub *** team

Dade County
06-23-2017, 12:27 AM

If this happens hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

I don't believe Melo will be bought out.

Quinnsanity
06-23-2017, 04:32 AM
Again, he'll be bought out in February. The Bulls are a notoriously cheap organization. If they're paying Dwyane Wade regardless, they want him around to sell tickets and jerseys for a few months. Then, when the season is over and they just want to tank further, that's when they buy him out and he goes to Cleveland.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Again, he'll be bought out in February. The Bulls are a notoriously cheap organization. If they're paying Dwyane Wade regardless, they want him around to sell tickets and jerseys for a few months. Then, when the season is over and they just want to tank further, that's when they buy him out and he goes to Cleveland.

I agree.

AllBall
06-23-2017, 10:40 AM

I can see this happening.

Scoots
06-23-2017, 12:16 PM
If Wade had anywhere near the value of his contract left as a player they'd be able to gid rid of him for the price of a 2nd round pick. Too bad Hinkie's not around anymore ... he might bite.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Thompson and Frye for Wade? Love for Melo. Then a junk for junk trade like JR Smith and Shumpert for a Kanter.

Irving, Wade, Melo, LeBron, Kanter. That's your latest 2K trade. Clippers could also do a sign and trade of CP3 for Irving. Its not the prettiest trades but seems like the start of the banana boat.

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Thompson and Frye for Wade? Love for Melo. Then a junk for junk trade like JR Smith and Shumpert for a Kanter.

Irving, Wade, Melo, LeBron, Kanter. That's your latest 2K trade. Clippers could also do a sign and trade of CP3 for Irving. Its not the prettiest trades but seems like the start of the banana boat.

Kanter is an absolute scrub... trust me. Cavs would have zero three point shooting and they're going to have the worst defense in the NBA. If they are doing the banana thingy, it makes better sense for all of them to make their money now and then take lesser (Wade/Melo should take less.. both are old and not max players) contracts so CP3 and Bron can get their money. I can't see them all playing for the Cavs. Gilbert showing he's terrible at being an owner and why play for Cleveland when you can play in Cali.

Vinylman
06-23-2017, 12:41 PM
I don't believe Melo will be bought out.

he will if he renounces his option

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2017, 12:46 PM
Kanter is an absolute scrub... trust me. Cavs would have zero three point shooting and they're going to have the worst defense in the NBA. If they are doing the banana thingy, it makes better sense for all of them to make their money now and then take lesser (Wade/Melo should take less.. both are old and not max players) contracts so CP3 and Bron can get their money. I can't see them all playing for the Cavs. Gilbert showing he's terrible at being an owner and why play for Cleveland when you can play in Cali.

Well I figured now better then later. Cause CP3 could be very happy with Pops and Spurs. Also with Cali. Which team? Clippers kinda capped out. Lakers dumped Mozgov and either waiting till next year for PG13. But if he's there no way your getting the whole banana boat going on with Lakers. I suppose CP3 could take the super max and stay. Then flip Jordan for Melo or Wade. Then cross your fingers LeBron does the decision 2.0.

But still a lot of what if's with hardly any wiggle room cap wise. Seems easier for the Cavs to do rental trades now to keep LeBron happy last couple years if he stays. At least you could maybe have Irving for a sign and trade of CP3. Love for Melo. Knicks can reroute Love elsewhere for picks and young assets later. Wade probably could be had for Thompson and whatever for salary fillers. Frye be a nice expiring in the deal that could be rerouted to a luxury tax team trying to shed salaries.

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Why would the Knicks buy Melo out and not get anything in return? Is the market for Melo really that bad? I mean, they can get a few pieces, no?

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 12:48 PM
Well I figured now better then later. Cause CP3 could be very happy with Pops and Spurs. Also with Cali. Which team? Clippers kinda capped out. Lakers dumped Mozgov and either waiting till next year for PG13. But if he's there no way your getting the whole banana boat going on with Lakers. I suppose CP3 could take the super max and stay. Then flip Jordan for Melo or Wade. Then cross your fingers LeBron does the decision 2.0.

But still a lot of what if's with hardly any wiggle room cap wise. Seems easier for the Cavs to do rental trades now to keep LeBron happy last couple years if he stays. At least you could maybe have Irving for a sign and trade of CP3. Love for Melo. Knicks can reroute Love elsewhere for picks and young assets later. Wade probably could be had for Thompson and whatever for salary fillers. Frye be a nice expiring in the deal that could be rerouted to a luxury tax team trying to shed salaries.

Lakers are not going to offer PG a contract if LeBron is available and proposes a banana boat... I'd take a 35 year old LeBron over a prime PG, tbh.

Vinylman
06-23-2017, 12:50 PM
Why would the Knicks buy Melo out and not get anything in return? Is the market for Melo really that bad? I mean, they can get a few pieces, no?

because he is going to block every trade they try and threaten to opt in for 2018/19... and honestly I doubt there are many takers for him at his current price...

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 01:05 PM
carmelo at the fashion show with Wade.. hope they both make their way to Cleveland for one season. I don't want another boring NBA season.

SteBO
06-23-2017, 01:10 PM
carmelo at the fashion show with Wade.. hope they both make their way to Cleveland for one season. I don't want another boring NBA season.
You realize even that is losing to GS in 5, right? Unless it's sheer entertainment value you're talking about....

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 01:14 PM
You realize even that is losing to GS in 5, right? Unless it's sheer entertainment value you're talking about....

With all due respect, you have zero evidence that's the truth. It's a better team than what Cleveland has right now assuming they both get bought out and sign with the Cavs. So I have no idea why you're speaking in absolutes. Can you predict the lottery for me?

SteBO
06-23-2017, 01:22 PM
With all due respect, you have zero evidence that's the truth. It's a better team than what Cleveland has right now assuming they both get bought out and sign with the Cavs. So I have no idea why you're speaking in absolutes. Can you predict the lottery for me?
No I can't, but against a team that's as fluid as the Warriors, there's no way you can just mash Carmelo and Wade together with 'Bron and Kyrie and expect a better/different result especially at their age.

I can change my ridiculous/way too early hypothetical prediction to Dubs in 6 if you want. Not trying to be facetious....just in a down place with the league right now lol.

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 01:28 PM
No I can't, but against a team that's as fluid as the Warriors, there's no way you can just mash Carmelo and Wade together with 'Bron and Kyrie and expect a better/different result especially at their age.

I can change my ridiculous/way too early hypothetical prediction to Dubs in 6 if you want. Not trying to be facetious....just in a down place with the league right now lol.

Shumpert was as useful as an empty paint can offensively in the Finals. Dwyane Wade is a significant improvement. I mean, if Melo and Wade both get bought out, you don't think there's a possibility that a Love+Melo+LeBron+Wade+Irving team can't beat the Warriors? I'd say they are the favorites. The issue I saw with Cleveland was that they had no one to go to outside of Irving and LeBron - which put too much pressure on those two guys and the remaining team to perform above expectations. LeBron might actually be able to take a seat on the bench past two minutes. Bring Melo and Wade off the bench. I mean realistically, this series should have been 3-2 heading back to Cleveland. Game 3 was an absolute failure on the Cavs part.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Wow could you imagine if Wade and Melo got bought out and the Cavs signed them both for nothing? We're in a time right now where we consider players who may not be as good as they used to be as useless for some reason.

Wade averaged 18-4-4 and is clutch as ****.

Melo averaged 21-6-3

No player on the Cavs outside of the big 3 are putting up those numbers if they're swapped with Wade or Melo, not even close and the Cavs would just be able to add those guys on to what they're doing.

You then have:

Kyrie/Williams?
Wade/JR
LeBron/Korver or Shump
Love/Melo
TT/Love

Or

Kyrie/Williams
JR/Wade
LeBron/Korver or Shump
Love/Melo
TT/Love

That series is going 7 as we now have a level playing field at the top. Those who don't see the Warriors meaning anything to their players legacies, especially KDs would now say they add to their legacies and you wouldn't hear any debates about it.

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 02:12 PM
It doesn't matter. They won't have enough time to put it all together.

Its not just the Talent of GS they're trying to compete with, but its Kerr's System. They run circles around the Cavs and they don't have enough Defenders to match up.

would be fun if Cavs collected all this talent.

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 02:38 PM
It doesn't matter. They won't have enough time to put it all together.

Its not just the Talent of GS they're trying to compete with, but its Kerr's System. They run circles around the Cavs and they don't have enough Defenders to match up.

would be fun if Cavs collected all this talent.

Right.. because the Warriors have so many defenders to keep up with Kyrie, Bron, Melo, Wade, and Love?

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Maybe, maybe not, but they're one of the best defensive teams in the NBA.

If Melo did get bought out he would probably go West.

Chronz
06-23-2017, 03:20 PM
You guys still think Wade/Melo are "talent" cards vs GS?

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Well the Bulls can always Trade Wade...

Its not like he has a no trade clause.

Chronz
06-23-2017, 03:50 PM
Well the Bulls can always Trade Wade...

Its not like he has a no trade clause.

Players making his money with his declining talent basically have a built in NTC

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 03:57 PM

Too old, too much ISO and they don't play defense. They would be nice bench pieces on the Cavs tho.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 04:00 PM

Yea let's look at the small ball lineups:

Kyrie-Curry
Wade-Klay
Melo-Iggy (if he stays)
LeBron-Durant
Love-Green

Those actually match up well on both sides.

Just because they've declined doesn't mean they're scrubs and couldn't excel in a lesser role.

Whether they start or come off the bench, if Wade gives you 14-4-4 and Melo gives you 16-7-3 that's much more than anything they're getting from their other bench guys and therefore a huge boost.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 04:04 PM
Too old, too much ISO and they don't play defense. They would be nice bench pieces on the Cavs tho.

Both excelled on team USAs style of play and they would probably play similar with the Cavs. Not the clear cut first option, ball moving, looking for the best shot or right play.

AllBall
06-23-2017, 04:07 PM

Would be an upgrade over Deron Williams and Richard Jefferson. It may not put them over the top, but the goal of any team is to make improvements, even if gradual, were possible.

Shammyguy3
06-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Yea let's look at the small ball lineups:

Kyrie-Curry
Wade-Klay
Melo-Iggy (if he stays)
LeBron-Durant
Love-Green

Those actually match up well on both sides.

Just because they've declined doesn't mean they're scrubs and couldn't excel in a lesser role.

Whether they start or come off the bench, if Wade gives you 14-4-4 and Melo gives you 16-7-3 that's much more than anything they're getting from their other bench guys and therefore a huge boost.

I see five two way players in one wide, and one two way player on the other

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 04:11 PM
I see five two way players in one wide, and one two way player on the other

That's fine I see a team that beat them in the finals in 2016 with a worse team than the team I listed and a team that won in 2017 in 5 with the addition of the 2nd best player in the world, in a series that could've very easily went 6 if the Cavs would've pulled out game 3. In no rocket scientist but having one of the clutchest players we've ever seen could've helped them get a bucket or 2 down the stretch in game 3 (Wade). While Melo is also a guy that can get you a bucket when needed as he is a good scorer and scores in many ways.

Shammyguy3
06-23-2017, 04:18 PM
That's fine I see a team that beat them in the finals in 2016 with a worse team than the team I listed and a team that won in 2017 in 5 with the addition of the 2nd best player in the world, in a series that could've very easily went 6 if the Cavs would've pulled out game 3. In no rocket scientist but having one of the clutchest players we've ever seen could've helped them get a bucket or 2 down the stretch in game 3 (Wade). While Melo is also a guy that can get you a bucket when needed as he is a good scorer and scores in many ways.
It's not fine though. That team is good but can't beat this W's team

AllBall
06-23-2017, 04:23 PM

Good point. I do feel it could have easily gone 6. One thing I think about is also the fact there were quite a few injuries in the West that would have contributed to a different outcome. I don't think the gap is that big.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 04:27 PM
It's not fine though. That team is good but can't beat this W's team

You don't know that. People also said there's no way the Cavs could beat them down 3-1 or actually even before the series basically no one was giving them a chance.

You swap Williams and Jefferson with Wade and Melo and it's a huge upgrade any way you look at it. Had the Cavs got bench production we would've saw a completely different series. Idk after game 5 what the numbers say but prior to game 5 the Cavs were a +6 or +12, something like that with LeBron on the court and I believe a -37 with him off. They don't have bench guys that can create for themselves or others, they had a few specialists or guys who made a slight impact in 1 area.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Good point. I do feel it could have easily gone 6. One thing I think about is also the fact there were quite a few injuries in the West that would have contributed to a different outcome. I don't think the gap is that big.

A couple other things to factor in is that the Cavs still have the best player in the world, probably 2nd best ever and you're not just adding your usual buyout candidate vets here. You're adding some best friends who have great chemistry on and off the court (Melo) to a lesser extent and still 2 pretty damn good players who don't fit the current roles they're in anymore. How many players averaging 18-4-4 and 21-6-3 have been bought out and then both joined the same contender? That's a huge boost.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 04:51 PM

Looks like it's going to happen.

DanG
06-23-2017, 06:14 PM
What about Randle + Deng for Wade?

Lakers get cap space.