PDA

View Full Version : Official Offseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Post all general NBA offseason news and rumors here.

TrueFan420
06-20-2017, 02:05 PM
It's shaping up to be a crazy one

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Here we go...https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/06/lakers-pacers-engage-on-paul-george-talks.html

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2017, 03:31 PM
What is wrong with Phil Jackson?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/06/phil-jackson-not-ruling-out-kristaps-porzingis-trade.html

Woj reporting that teams are calling about the Unicorn, and the Knicks are actually listening.

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2017, 03:33 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/06/rockets-plan-to-offer-james-harden-extension.html

Harden about to receive an extension offer in the mailbox.

Not surprising. Dude had a great season, possibly an MVP one, so hopefully he continues at that level and doesn't no-show a Game again.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 04:40 PM
How about Demarcus Cousins? If he was just a rental for the Pelicans will he resign with them? If not then Cousins can realistically go anywhere

Aust
06-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Sounds like it's between Boston and Cleveland for Butler

Aust
06-20-2017, 05:07 PM
C's lowballing Bulls. Offered #3 straight up, declined.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 05:13 PM
C's lowballing Bulls. Offered #3 straight up, declined.

Why are they lowballing Butler when it's obvious now is the time to strike the Cavs lmao.. Without Butler or PG, Cavs are limited in moves. They should go for the kill.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 05:15 PM
I'm done following the Cavs. Reports they are interested in CP3 and Melo. This is so confusing.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Boston needs to work those back channels and see if they can get Blake on board if they get Butler or George. If they do, then you pay up to get one and call it an offseason.

Thomas
Bradley
Butler/George
Blake
Horford

That's as good as this Boston experiment is going to get. Otherwise, you might as well trade IT, look to dump Horford and go full youth movement.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Signing Horford was a huge mistake by Boston. He's not worth that money... I'd look to move him, tbh.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm done following the Cavs. Reports they are interested in CP3 and Melo. This is so confusing.

Banana.

Aust
06-20-2017, 05:35 PM
TWolves waive Pekovic

kdspurman
06-20-2017, 05:38 PM
Just stickied.. thanks..

All the rumors that we see can be discussed here, or in the appropriate thread that already exist, unless it's a big move that looks to be immenent.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2017, 05:41 PM
I'm done following the Cavs.

Nope, that's not an option.

If you're done with the Cavs then you're with the Warriors. It's one or the other - nothing else and no in betweens. Buckle down, ignore the smoke, and remain strong! :laugh2:

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Just stickied.. thanks..

All the rumors that we see can be discussed here, or in the appropriate thread that already exist, unless it's a big move that looks to be immenent.

I am reporting that the Spurs are interested in trading Kawhi and Popovich for Donovan, Kanter, and Oladipo.

kdspurman
06-20-2017, 06:01 PM
I am reporting that the Spurs are interested in trading Kawhi and Popovich for Donovan, Kanter, and Oladipo.

You got fire and ice, literally, with Westbrook and Kawhi... Polar opposites.

But ew for us.

kobe4thewinbang
06-21-2017, 02:31 AM
I wonder how Jeremy Lin and D'Angelo Russell will play together on the Nets, if the Nets keep Lin that is. He's still got two years on his contract. I guess they'll try D'Lo at the 2?

smith&wesson
06-21-2017, 03:23 AM
I wonder how Jeremy Lin and D'Angelo Russell will play together on the Nets, if the Nets keep Lin that is. He's still got two years on his contract. I guess they'll try D'Lo at the 2?

Im sure Lin is not part of their future plans.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-21-2017, 08:15 AM
Greg Monroe opted in with the Bucks.

Scoots
06-21-2017, 08:58 AM
Jerry West supposedly being paid $5M a year to consult with Clippers with his primary task being to get LeBron to join the team.

34 year old CP3
34 year old JJ
34 year old LeBron
30 year old Griffin
30 year old DeAndre

If they all stay around ... that's a nice (if old) starting 5.

hugepatsfan
06-21-2017, 09:28 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865683326/GOP-candidate-Tanner-Ainge-on-Jazz-star-Gordon-Hayward-I-hope-he-stays.html

Danny Ainge's son is running for office in Utah and said he hopes Hayward stays lol

Scoots
06-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Pure speculation that Lakers looking to trade Deng and #2 to Pacers for PG, may involve another team too.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/6/20/15843272/nba-draft-rumors-la-lakers-could-move-no-2-paul-george-deal-three-team-trade-wtf-is-happening

Scoots
06-21-2017, 10:12 AM
The Rockets supposedly shopping Beverley in an effort to clear cap space? Who for?

Scoots
06-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Is the NBA going to re-focus on development of players and team systems?

I'd LOVE to see the return of boxing out. Whatever happened to the perfect rebound being the one where the ball bounces between 3 teammates boxing out the opponent?

Every player needs to know how to set screens and how to use screens.

Every player should be able to make a simple layup with either hand.

There is a LONG list of defensive fundamentals that seem to have been lost to most NBA players.

Any other fundamentals that have been lost?

Scoots
06-21-2017, 11:18 AM
I was thinking it would be fun if the Warriors brought in David Griffin as a consultant to replace West, then I realized it would be a lot more fun if he took that gig with the Clippers instead.

Jerry West: LeBron, you love Griffin? We got that.
JW: LeBron, you like owners who will spend? I'm 80 years old and getting $5M a year JUST to have this conversation, and to poke the Lakers in the nose. Yeah, we got that.
JW: LeBron, we have a banana boat mate already, and Carmelo is free from La La to move to LA. Yeah, we can do that.
JW: LeBron, you want to play with great players who fit your style and can lighten your load on D? Paul George has all but said he's coming to LA, I bet we could recruit him! Yeah, we could get that.
JW: LeBron, you want to secure your legacy? How about taking the Clippers to their first title while kicking the Warriors out of the playoffs before the finals where you can then stomp on whatever team the East wheels in there? YOU can do that.

Just sign here.

Saddletramp
06-21-2017, 02:12 PM
The Rockets supposedly shopping Beverley in an effort to clear cap space? Who for?

Hope that doesn't happen for just anyone. If that's what it takes to sign Hayward (which I haven't heard one bit of interest in and I'm pretty sure won't happen) or in a trade to get Paul George (which I also doubt would happen) than so be it.

Saddletramp
06-21-2017, 02:16 PM
I was thinking it would be fun if the Warriors brought in David Griffin as a consultant to replace West, then I realized it would be a lot more fun if he took that gig with the Clippers instead.

Jerry West: LeBron, you love Griffin? We got that.
JW: LeBron, you like owners who will spend? I'm 80 years old and getting $5M a year JUST to have this conversation, and to poke the Lakers in the nose. Yeah, we got that.
JW: LeBron, we have a banana boat mate already, and Carmelo is free from La La to move to LA. Yeah, we can do that.
JW: LeBron, you want to play with great players who fit your style and can lighten your load on D? Paul George has all but said he's coming to LA, I bet we could recruit him! Yeah, we could get that.
JW: LeBron, you want to secure your legacy? How about taking the Clippers to their first title while kicking the Warriors out of the playoffs before the finals where you can then stomp on whatever team the East wheels in there? YOU can do that.

Just sign here.

I didn't think Lebron would leave again but after Gilbert is backing off now that Cle won a title (and it'll be a huge uphill climb against GS) I guess it'll probably happen. It's weird, it seems like it'll be similar to the first time he left the Cavs; Gilbert's being a cheap ******* that makes awful decisions again.

AllBall
06-21-2017, 02:26 PM

LA4life24/8
06-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Could dump lou and beverly pretty easy but anderson gonna be a tough move

AllBall
06-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Post all general NBA offseason news and rumors here.

This thread is a stupid idea. So certain teams and players are allowed their own thread but everyone else gets merged here?

Why does "Dwight traded to the Bobcats" get its own thread?

Scoots
06-21-2017, 03:39 PM
This thread is a stupid idea. So certain teams and players are allowed their own thread but everyone else gets merged here?

I don't know either ... I guess it's up to the reader.

tucksoe
06-21-2017, 04:00 PM

Tissues are in the bathroom

Fla.SticKy
06-21-2017, 04:02 PM
Tissues are in the bathroom

😂😂😂

Saddletramp
06-21-2017, 04:54 PM
I think straight up trades should get their own thread (like Howard) and the big names like George and Butler but "So and So is on the block" should just go here. Wonder why the DaJ one gets left open but I guess he's a big enough name* to warrant it.

*Maybe?

Scoots
06-21-2017, 05:16 PM
I think straight up trades should get their own thread (like Howard) and the big names like George and Butler but "So and So is on the block" should just go here. Wonder why the DaJ one gets left open but I guess he's a big enough name* to warrant it.

*Maybe?

I agree. Actual trades certainly deserve their own thread, but general speculation and rumors should just go here.

Scoots
06-21-2017, 05:18 PM
So, last year every time I brought up my NBA news page after Game 7 it had the score of the last NBA game. A Warriors loss. Every single time. It hurt a little every time. Now it's a win, but it's the same two teams, and on the same court. It's strange, and I feel for you Cavs fans, I really do.

Scoots
06-21-2017, 05:19 PM
If the Warriors call a team looking to buy a draft pick ... is anybody going to sell?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-21-2017, 06:04 PM
If the Warriors call a team looking to buy a draft pick ... is anybody going to sell?

Jazz are willing to sell. They have #24, #30 ,#42,#55.

Scoots
06-21-2017, 06:28 PM

I doubt they sell a first ... it would be amazing if the Warriors got #30 back though :)

Speaking of which ... the Warriors lost the finals last year but the Cavs got the 29th pick and the Warriors 30th. Seems wrong somehow.

TrueFan420
06-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Would love to snag 24 or 30

rhino17
06-21-2017, 06:43 PM
I think its a smokescreen. Beverly doesn't make enough money for him to be traded for cap space. He is a perfect fit on the roster and the heart of the team

Scoots
06-21-2017, 06:55 PM
I think its a smokescreen. Beverly doesn't make enough money for him to be traded for cap space. He is a perfect fit on the roster and the heart of the team

I would think so ... but what would it be a smokescreen for?

mgomrjsurf
06-21-2017, 07:17 PM
Nick Young a Free-Agent know and Celtics might move down to Draft like Dennis Smith Jr.

Timmmahhh
06-21-2017, 07:30 PM
I have to get this off my chest...

So if Erin Andrews and Shrek had a mongoloid child, it would be Ramona Shelburne.

Scoots
06-21-2017, 07:39 PM

So if Erin Andrews and Shrek had a mongoloid child, it would be Ramona Shelburne.

I can see it.

mgomrjsurf
06-21-2017, 08:47 PM
Tim Frazier Traded for number 52.
Spurs willing to Trade anybody other then Leonard.

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 09:03 PM

They want a top 10 pick and probably his cap off the books. Kings have the pick and the money.

I'm starting to think they want CP3 and Millsap who both fit their team perfectly.

mgomrjsurf
06-21-2017, 09:07 PM
Celtics? Magic? Suns?

Sactown
06-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Amico isn't very reliable, but I wonder who the spurs are targeting in the draft??

Lloyd Christmas
06-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Wow. The kings would be weird though. I'd keep both picks and try to build.

Dade County
06-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Portland trades two of their 1st rd picks to either move up or just sends them to the Spurs... LMA back to Portland lol

Of course Portland will have to move some contracts.

Aust
06-21-2017, 11:42 PM
Jay King‏ @ByJayKing

Teams have been informed the NBA expects the salary cap to go down from latest projections, per league source. $99 million the new number.

That sucks

Dave DuFour‏ @CoachDaveDu4

I know it's only about $3 million less, but the difference between $99 mil and $102 mil is massive for teams that have planned for $102.

Dave DuFour‏ @CoachDaveDu4 8m

Earliest projection was 108, then 104, 102 and now 99. Such a massive difference for a team trying to build.

Keith Smith‏ @KeithSmithNBA

New max salary tiers at $99M are:
0-6 YOS -$24,750,000
7-9 YOS -$29,700,000
10+ YOS -$34,650,000
Change of: $500K, $600K & $700K from $101M

Albert Nahmad‏ @AlbertNahmad

The NBA lost significant revenue from the short playoffs, which had a multiplier impact on the projected salary cap.

Thanks Warriors

smith&wesson
06-22-2017, 02:14 AM
Boston needs to work those back channels and see if they can get Blake on board if they get Butler or George. If they do, then you pay up to get one and call it an offseason.

Thomas
Bradley
Butler/George
Blake
Horford

That's as good as this Boston experiment is going to get. Otherwise, you might as well trade IT, look to dump Horford and go full youth movement.

Completly agree. No point in hoarding ALL those picks and not striking when the opportunity presents itself.

smith&wesson
06-22-2017, 02:19 AM
I would think so ... but what would it be a smokescreen for?

Exactly.. thats a misguided smoke screen lol

Bostonjorge
06-22-2017, 03:03 AM
Seeing Harry Giles is projected to go in the twenties. A playoff team is getting a really good big. Hopefully his injury don't effect his playing career.

Saddletramp
06-22-2017, 03:45 AM
That sucks.

Thanks Warriors

Also, thanks NBAPA and the NBA for allowing this to be an option.

This league is turning into a cluster****.

mgomrjsurf
06-22-2017, 07:03 AM
Lots of Trades today but more if their was no 2pm Roster Freeze or more rounds.

Scoots
06-22-2017, 08:53 AM
Seeing Harry Giles is projected to go in the twenties. A playoff team is getting a really good big. Hopefully his injury don't effect his playing career.

LOTS of questions about not just his health, which may never return, but also his heart. Supposedly he really didn't impress in his interviews.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-22-2017, 09:26 AM

LMAO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Scoots
06-22-2017, 09:32 AM
Heard on Cleveland radio that they felt if the Cavs got Butler then the Cavs would have the best backcourt in the NBA. I'd still take the Warriors back court over Kyrie and Butler, but when I think about it it's closer than I'd expected. I do wonder if two ball-stoppers in the same back court would work.

Scoots
06-22-2017, 09:47 AM
Very active off-season this year should be good for the NBA. Why is it happening?

1. Very deep draft.
2. Huge free agent groups this year and next and unlike usual a lot of top players are considering moving.
3. The Warriors/Cavs large gap to 2nd place teams in their conferences.

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2017, 11:05 AM
The Phoenix Suns are trying to trade 27-year-old point guard Eric Bledsoe, according to Real GM (http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/246394/Suns-Attempting-To-Trade-Away-Eric-Bledsoe). Bledsoe has two years and $29 million left on his contract.

smith&wesson
06-22-2017, 11:36 AM
The Phoenix Suns are trying to trade 27-year-old point guard Eric Bledsoe, according to Real GM (http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/246394/Suns-Attempting-To-Trade-Away-Eric-Bledsoe). Bledsoe has two years and $29 million left on his contract.

Are you posting this everywhere? Lol we know

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2017, 11:41 AM
Are you posting this everywhere? Lol we know

I posted it one place, and then it got moved here.

mike_noodles
06-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Lots of Trades today but more if their was no 2pm Roster Freeze or more rounds.

The roster freeze is ridiculous. But teams can still make deals, just can't make them official or submit them until later. The NBA really doesn't do the best job of running their off season. The NHL does a better job, and that's ugly.

smith&wesson
06-22-2017, 12:20 PM
I posted it one place, and then it got moved here.

My bad homie.

Greet
06-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 3m3 minutes ago
Minnesota continues to show interest in landing Paul George or Jimmy Butler, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Rubio + #7 + future pick?

Wade n Fade
06-22-2017, 04:07 PM
I hope tonight is an eventful trade laden NBA draft because there is a lot of talk right now and it could be all for nothing. If Boston wants KP, they can get him. If Chicago wants to trade Butler, there are plenty of suitors. If LeBron wants to bolt Cleveland, then Comic Sans Dan has to figure out ways to keep LeBron there.

mgomrjsurf
06-22-2017, 04:45 PM
But NHL had a Roster Freeze because of Golden Knights. More Trades would happen if GM's were allowed on the floor to talk Trades like at NHL Draft.

Scoots
06-23-2017, 08:50 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 3m3 minutes ago
Minnesota continues to show interest in landing Paul George or Jimmy Butler, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Rubio + #7 + future pick?

That would have been better than what the Bulls got :)

IKnowHoops
06-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Looking at the nba landscape, after receiving Jimmy, Twolves perhaps have the best situation for a super team calabo with Lebron and PG13. They all are intertwined and no doubt have been talking. If I'm Bron and PG an winning is my goal, and I've been talking with Jimmy and telling him not to come to CLE, then maybe the end game is for the three of them to get down to MN and join KAT and Wig for a perfect kill squad?!?!

More-Than-Most
06-23-2017, 06:14 PM
beat you to it last night my man.

IKnowHoops
06-23-2017, 06:27 PM
beat you to it last night my man.

Nice

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 06:39 PM
LeBron is not going to Minny.. and Jimmy B doesn't have a say where he wants to go. The only reason he initially said he wanted to go to CLE was before he found out LBJ might leave... then when there were rumors of Kyrie also wanting to leave, he said nope, I'm not doing it and thus, CLE talks died.

IKnowHoops
06-23-2017, 07:42 PM
LeBron is not going to Minny.. and Jimmy B doesn't have a say where he wants to go. The only reason he initially said he wanted to go to CLE was before he found out LBJ might leave... then when there were rumors of Kyrie also wanting to leave, he said nope, I'm not doing it and thus, CLE talks died.

Don't kill the dream. Join me in speaking this into existence! Lavar Ball on em!

kdspurman
06-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Caught this little tidbit online somewhere... Other knowledgeable fans I've seen said the Spurs usually do their exit interviews there, and a couple people confirmed it too. Seems like a legit source.

I live in SA, and Im in the service industry. I kept this quiet for about 3 weeks now, but I think its time. Pop and LMA met for a private lunch at the Silo off 1604, they ate in a room by themselves with doors closed, then talked for about 3 hours. LMA left looking upset, Pop was stoic. I think they were discussing LMAs future, I just didnt know if it was a come to Jesus moment or a gtfo request til now.
I left this as a comment in a thread about LMA wanting to leave, and I think its an interesting bit of information that gives credit to him voicing his desire to get out. Wanted to make it a post so everyone could see.

Seems this is where they met with Diaw last year prior to him being traded. (Though they did do him a solid and gave him some options on where he'd like to play)

Guess we'll see what happens

papipapsmanny
06-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Uhh, my Wizards are stuck. They are putting their hopes into Porter taking another step. I think he will get better, but unless he hits the Gym he will never be great.

If Porter can take another step to a 17 point per player game with efficiency, and the Wizards actually build a bench, they are the biggest threat to the Cavs imo.

Not sure what they can do other than go after bench pieces

Scoots
06-24-2017, 09:52 PM
Uhh, my Wizards are stuck. They are putting their hopes into Porter taking another step. I think he will get better, but unless he hits the Gym he will never be great.

If Porter can take another step to a 17 point per player game with efficiency, and the Wizards actually build a bench, they are the biggest threat to the Cavs imo.

Not sure what they can do other than go after bench pieces

I think the Cavs intentionally sidestepped the Wizards for the playoffs because they know the Wizards give them more trouble than anybody in the East.

Maybe some ring chasers will choose the Wizards this offseason.

papipapsmanny
06-24-2017, 11:55 PM
I think the Cavs intentionally sidestepped the Wizards for the playoffs because they know the Wizards give them more trouble than anybody in the East.

Maybe some ring chasers will choose the Wizards this offseason.

I'm not sure if the Cavs did that, but I know they match u real well with the Cavs, especially if they could assemble something remotely close to a productive bench.

But they certainly would have been a better matchup for the Cavs then the celtics were

mavwar53
06-25-2017, 12:38 AM
If wolves are all in they find a way to get CP3 in that uniform.

CP3
Butler
Wiggins
Dieng
Towns

Butler and CP3 improve that terrible D and likely make Wiggins and Towns better on both sides.

I sure hope they don't add Lowry or they would be making a lateral move and get a proven playoff choker.

Scoots
06-25-2017, 07:51 AM
If wolves are all in they find a way to get CP3 in that uniform.

CP3
Butler
Wiggins
Dieng
Towns

Butler and CP3 improve that terrible D and likely make Wiggins and Towns better on both sides.

I sure hope they don't add Lowry or they would be making a lateral move and get a proven playoff choker.

I wouldn't say all-in means you have no plans for the future.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2017, 07:58 AM
5 team trade on draft night fell apart. It would of got Melo and PG13 to the Cavs. According to ESPN.

Scoots
06-25-2017, 02:57 PM
5 team trade on draft night fell apart. It would of got Melo and PG13 to the Cavs. According to ESPN.

The question is what it would have cost the Cavs.

Vee-Rex
06-25-2017, 05:04 PM
The question is what it would have cost the Cavs.

I'm guessing Love and TT were included, with maybe Frye/Shumpert as additional pieces.

Bostonjorge
06-25-2017, 05:58 PM

Kevin love and his $72 million remaining on his contract held the deal up.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2017, 07:35 PM
Kevin love and his $72 million remaining on his contract held the deal up.

Pretty much. Denver's GM was ticked off. He thought he had Bledsoe.

papipapsmanny
06-25-2017, 07:50 PM
Good, because all we would of heard is how Paul George and Melo aren't good anymore and Lebron is carrying them.

warfelg
06-25-2017, 07:51 PM

any deets on what it could have been?

Scoots
06-25-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm guessing Love and TT were included, with maybe Frye/Shumpert as additional pieces.

But why would Indiana do that if they are looking to retool and don't want to take on other team's big contracts? They want draft picks.

Scoots
06-25-2017, 11:17 PM
Good, because all we would of heard is how Paul George and Melo aren't good anymore and Lebron is carrying them.

hehe ... too true.

And don't forget Wade too.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-25-2017, 11:21 PM
How much does Millsap get in FA?

Scoots
06-25-2017, 11:32 PM
Overall 2012 was quietly one of the best drafts in NBA history. 5 years later half the class is still in the NBA.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-25-2017, 11:38 PM
Yea but that doesn't mean they should be.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2017, 08:59 AM
any deets on what it could have been?

The article I read was pretty vague. My guess is well 5 teams were Pacers,Cavs,Suns,Nuggets,Knicks.

Pacers give PG13
Pacers get?
Knicks give Melo
Knicks get?
Suns give Bledsoe and?
Suns get Love?
Nuggets give Faried and?
Nuggets get Bledsoe
Cavs give Love and what else? Shumpert? JR Smith? Frye? Thompson?
Cavs get PG13 and Melo
This was suppose to be on draft night. Maybe a team like Suns or Nuggets were gonna cough up some assets and draft day picks. Its all guesses now. But seems like its down to a 3 team trade now of Nuggets parting with Faried to Cavs and Love to Nuggets or Pacers. Its all up in the air. Kinda shocked Cavs going after Faried though. So Thompson traded in another deal? For Melo? For Wade? Banana boat?

Then there's rumors Celtics are a lock for PG13 but only get PG13 a 3 year extension only if they sign Hayward. Cause PG13 wants to be teamed up with Hayward. Or no deal. Other wise he's just a rental till 2018.

warfelg
06-26-2017, 09:19 AM
I get the Cavs going for Faried. Ferocious rebounder. Garbage man. He can do all the dirty work that Love and TT don't.

FOXHOUND
06-26-2017, 09:19 AM
The logic doesn't make sense on that big deal ever getting anywhere legit. Another source said that it "never got serious", and that makes sense. Even if Melo waived his entire trade kicker, he and George still combine for $45.7M. Add in that Love isn't enough for George alone, and it just doesn't make any sense.

Cleveland is way over the cap and Love makes $22.6M. To add the money to match they are still $20M away, at best. Does Thompson really have any strong value with the size of his contract? Who wants to take on $16.4M, $17.5M and $18.5M for a guy who is a good energy rebounder and defender but is far from great at either? I would imagine that Thompson's deal is viewed as being worse than Love's, no?

They would still need an additional $4M or so to match and they don't have a deal of that size, so Frye's $7.5M? JR's contract is definitely viewed as a negative asset, so don't bother including him.

Love, Thompson, Frye for George and Melo?

Nah, there's no way Cleveland was getting a haul like that while giving up so little. Melo's value being decreased or not, I don't see how anyone could value Thompson as being equal. Frye is literally dead weight.

My guess is that this was a continuing ploy by teams in an attempt to get Kyrie Irving. Once his name wasn't involved, this deal was dead. There seems to be a lot of bad press coming out about Kevin Love and his value too. I'm curious if that is a ploy by opposing teams in an attempt to lower his value, leaking these "details". How is Kevin Love's contract killing this deal and not Thompson or JRs?

NBA writers are creating news by trying to create a bigger story out of something that was probably dead quickly. Woj posts things that are actually happening, everyone else usually reports on what didn't happen because they can never beat Woj to the punch. Artificial reporting.

hugepatsfan
06-26-2017, 09:30 AM
Hopefully a lot of these rumored talks come to fruition...

SA lands CP3.

BOS trades for PG after signing one of Hayward.

HOU is supposedly swinging for something big and maybe they could land Blake.

Maybe MIN makes a splurge signing on Millsap or a PG (coupled with a Rubio trade).

Not sure WAS has flexibility to do much of anything but they can hopefully add some bench depth and put themselves in position to be able to get into position for Cousins next year.

PHI could use more shooting so guys like Reddick could help them elevate to playoff status. Obviously will also require health and development of their young guys.

Maybe CLE cna land Melo/Wade in buy-out deals.

Maybe MIL could move some stuff for DeAndre Jordan if the Clips lose CP3/Blake and sell. I think he'd be a nice center there.

I think all of those moves would help make a more entertaining NBA. GS would still be the obvious pick for a title but there could be a little intrigue who they play and some teams that push them to 6 games or at least play competitively more than last year.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-26-2017, 12:29 PM
Kyrie
Wade
Melo
Lebron
Love

..contingent on Cavs moving Kyrie or Love in separate deals. Hmm.

BKLYNpigeon
06-26-2017, 12:54 PM
For the warriors:

Resign Curry KD, Iggy and West.

Free agents to look at: Darren collison, zbo, and Vince carter.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2017, 02:05 PM
Hopefully a lot of these rumored talks come to fruition...

SA lands CP3.

BOS trades for PG after signing one of Hayward.

HOU is supposedly swinging for something big and maybe they could land Blake.

Maybe MIN makes a splurge signing on Millsap or a PG (coupled with a Rubio trade).

Not sure WAS has flexibility to do much of anything but they can hopefully add some bench depth and put themselves in position to be able to get into position for Cousins next year.

PHI could use more shooting so guys like Reddick could help them elevate to playoff status. Obviously will also require health and development of their young guys.

Maybe CLE cna land Melo/Wade in buy-out deals.

Maybe MIL could move some stuff for DeAndre Jordan if the Clips lose CP3/Blake and sell. I think he'd be a nice center there.

I think all of those moves would help make a more entertaining NBA. GS would still be the obvious pick for a title but there could be a little intrigue who they play and some teams that push them to 6 games or at least play competitively more than last year.

Jordan would be nice but pricey and risky. His final year is player option according to hoopshype. So doubt Bucks break the bank to get him as a possible rental. Plus Bucks have up and coming Maker. Moose opted in. Hawes player option pending yet. Besides we got Henson. Also if rookie Wilson bulks up he could be small ball center at 6'10" with 7'3" wingspan. At this point Jordan would be a luxury.

Also if CP3 and Blake bolt then Clippers would want a haul for Jordan and start over. But I think if CP3 doesn't sign with Spurs he goes for the super max with Clippers and they will regret it before the ink dries. End of CP3 contract he probably be getting $35M to $40M per at the tail end. If he nose dives no one would touch that unless its all junk salary.

DeAndre Jordan $22,642,350 $24,119,025

All i'd offer for Jordan if he picked up that final year would be a late first in 2018 and junk heap of Delly, Telly, Henson. I don't value Jordan that highly at this time when Clippers be begging for a Middleton or Parker and young pieces like Maker, Wilson, Brown, Brogdon, Vaughn. I do admit though we could use Jordan's rebounding. That's our main weakness. Just don't see the Bucks breaking the bank for a position were kinda stocked at. Jordan would be a expensive luxury we cant affrd to trade for.

Cause then were giving up a skill set of shooting from Middleton as 3 and D wing which the entire league wants. Also Parker's value is low right now with 2 ACL injuries. We don't have a clue how Parker ends up when he comes back in February. If anything I want a upgrade at PG. My wish list is Kemba Walker trade. But I bet Hornets want a haul.

We would need to salary dump our scrap heap of Delly, Telly, Henson to chase after Teague yet again or Lowry or Hill. I prefer Walker as first choice. Bucks had interests in Dragic as well. I believe someone posted here from twitter that Heat would salary dump Dragic if they could sign Hayward then besides trade for PG13.

Bucks are SOL till they can find a sucker to eat Delly, Telly, Henson.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2017, 03:18 PM
https://twitter.com/vincethepolack/status/879357043303469057

It appears Gilbert killed the deal cause LeBron wouldn't confirm he'd stay longer with the Cavs after PG13 trade. Seems it was Irving and a piece like Frye to Suns. Then Suns send out Bledsoe and #4 on draft night part of the 5 team trade. Pacers probably got #4 and other pieces. Bledsoe to Nuggets. Unless Cavs kept Bledsoe? Didn't mention in the tweet about Love though. Could be fake news.

Scoots
06-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Yea but that doesn't mean they should be.

What does that even mean? "should be"? Who determines who "should" be in the NBA other than the coaches and GMs?

Vee-Rex
06-26-2017, 04:13 PM
But why would Indiana do that if they are looking to retool and don't want to take on other team's big contracts? They want draft picks.

Well, that's kinda the point of a 3+ team trade. Feed pieces one way for the additional teams to feed Indy the stuff they want.

hugepatsfan
06-26-2017, 04:29 PM
Jordan would be nice but pricey and risky. His final year is player option according to hoopshype. So doubt Bucks break the bank to get him as a possible rental. Plus Bucks have up and coming Maker. Moose opted in. Hawes player option pending yet. Besides we got Henson. Also if rookie Wilson bulks up he could be small ball center at 6'10" with 7'3" wingspan. At this point Jordan would be a luxury.

Also if CP3 and Blake bolt then Clippers would want a haul for Jordan and start over. But I think if CP3 doesn't sign with Spurs he goes for the super max with Clippers and they will regret it before the ink dries. End of CP3 contract he probably be getting $35M to $40M per at the tail end. If he nose dives no one would touch that unless its all junk salary.

DeAndre Jordan $22,642,350 $24,119,025

All i'd offer for Jordan if he picked up that final year would be a late first in 2018 and junk heap of Delly, Telly, Henson. I don't value Jordan that highly at this time when Clippers be begging for a Middleton or Parker and young pieces like Maker, Wilson, Brown, Brogdon, Vaughn. I do admit though we could use Jordan's rebounding. That's our main weakness. Just don't see the Bucks breaking the bank for a position were kinda stocked at. Jordan would be a expensive luxury we cant affrd to trade for.

Cause then were giving up a skill set of shooting from Middleton as 3 and D wing which the entire league wants. Also Parker's value is low right now with 2 ACL injuries. We don't have a clue how Parker ends up when he comes back in February. If anything I want a upgrade at PG. My wish list is Kemba Walker trade. But I bet Hornets want a haul.

We would need to salary dump our scrap heap of Delly, Telly, Henson to chase after Teague yet again or Lowry or Hill. I prefer Walker as first choice. Bucks had interests in Dragic as well. I believe someone posted here from twitter that Heat would salary dump Dragic if they could sign Hayward then besides trade for PG13.

Bucks are SOL till they can find a sucker to eat Delly, Telly, Henson.

I don't think having people "eat" those contracts is the best course of action. That requires giving assets up and you guys are already over the cap so getting rid of the three of them still wouldn't get you max cap space. You guys are about $10M over now. Cleating that $30M only gets you about $20M of cap space that means, which is below max. That's only going to get less flexible once Parker is extended next year, even if he takes a discount.

I think you guys if you want to add are better using those guys as matching salaries in trades as their deals get closer to expiring. Telly is an expiring next offseason as an example. So him plus a pick maybe lands a useful piece. The following year Delly and Henson are $20M of expiring. So again maybe that can match salaries in a useful trade. I think that's a better route than giving up a nunch of assets to salary dump them and then not sign a max.

Of course, depending on how far into the luxury tax ownership will go you guys might have to just let them expire as the youngsters are extended.

Scoots
06-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Dwight Howard thinks his best years will be in Charlotte. Yeesh. In Houston he said he was a champion already, I guess he'll be a double champion in Charlotte.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1324876-howard-i-ll-have-my-best-years-with-hornets

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Hawes opted in. Moose and Hawes be nice big expiring package for a team that needs to clear cap. Bucks could use some assets and a PG. Lakers could dump some stuff like Clarkson to use if they want capspace to land another star next summer to pair with PG13.

Greg Monroe $17,884,176

Spencer Hawes $6,021,175

Almost $24M.

I'd consider Moose, Hawes for Clarkson, Black, Brewer. Lakers clear long term cap of Clarkson. Brewer is putrid but finally expiring.

warfelg
06-27-2017, 10:36 AM
You have reigning ROY. #NoNeedForAPG

tp13baby
06-27-2017, 12:43 PM
How much does Millsap get in FA?

Reports he gets the max. Actually I saw multiple teams willing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-27-2017, 05:31 PM
You have reigning ROY. #NoNeedForAPG

Brogdon and Delly a bit slow footed against speedy PG's. Brogdon is better suited at SG.

tp13baby
06-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Reports he gets the max. Actually I saw multiple teams willing.

Source tells Hoopscritic Sacremento, Denver, and Minny all willing to offer Millsap the max. Good lord Minnesota.....

PurpleLynch
06-27-2017, 05:47 PM
Hawes opted in. Moose and Hawes be nice big expiring package for a team that needs to clear cap. Bucks could use some assets and a PG. Lakers could dump some stuff like Clarkson to use if they want capspace to land another star next summer to pair with PG13.

Greg Monroe $17,884,176

Spencer Hawes $6,021,175

Almost $24M.

I'd consider Moose, Hawes for Clarkson, Black, Brewer. Lakers clear long term cap of Clarkson. Brewer is putrid but finally expiring.

Man,it's true that we need to clear the cap, but Clarkson is an asset only if Deng is in the talking. Clarkson's salary is not the problem, Deng's is.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Deng is negative value though. I think you guys got lucky finding a sucker in the Nets to dump Mozgov for just Russell. Then you got a late first and expiring Lopez which could be flipped at trade deadline to a playoff team easily. Nets are a horribly ran franchise. Its darn near almost $30M combined for Clarkson/Deng package. Doubt Bucks sacrifice future cap on a Deng.

We don't need to be Thunder blunder when they over paid Perkins and then got cheap and didn't keep Harden. Bucks could be that soon enough once Parker and Middleton get their new max deals in a few years. Giannis already on a max. Spurs need capspace if they want another star free agent after they sign CP3 with their cap.

Also reports they wanna trade unhappy Aldridge and also shopping Green. Aldridge is a Jeff Schwartz client. Bucks seems to sign a lot of them or trade for them Schwartz guys. Not saying i'd want Aldridge. But Spurs did want Moose for a while now. Also Moose a nice big expiring contract as well as Hawes. Almost $24M combined expiring. Aldridge/Green package is $31M. Find a third team to eat any of Delly or Telly or Henson and its fair game.

Heediot
06-27-2017, 06:19 PM
I hope Cp and Melo join the spurs or team up with the Clips (if Melo is bought out).

Heediot
06-27-2017, 06:20 PM
Milsap's defense is going to fall off in a year or two. Hope buyers are cautious. The situation may equal a more expensive LMA situation.

WaDe03
06-28-2017, 12:05 AM

Bostonjorge
06-28-2017, 12:13 AM

Houston already has a PG. James Harden.

Saddletramp
06-28-2017, 12:35 AM
I do not know how I feel about this.

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2017, 12:47 AM
Source: Mike James, Euroleague's most electrifying combo guard, has committed to make NBA jump with the Phoenix Suns.

https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/879883719204622336

chitownredbulls
06-28-2017, 03:25 AM
**** Spencer hawes..... he ****ing sucks so ****ing much!!!!.....

PurpleLynch
06-28-2017, 07:56 AM
Source: Mike James, Euroleague's most electrifying combo guard, has committed to make NBA jump with the Phoenix Suns.

Interesting, could be a nice addition as a scoring sixth man.

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2017, 04:33 PM

Interesting, could be a nice addition as a scoring sixth man.

If they have playoff aspirations, he starts. Mike James is the GOAT everyone knows that

Saddletramp
06-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Different Mike James.

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2017, 09:53 PM
Oh bummer

IKnowHoops
06-28-2017, 10:02 PM
Lol

AllBall
06-29-2017, 11:32 AM
I agree. Actual trades certainly deserve their own thread, but general speculation and rumors should just go here.

Yet the Gordon Hayward Speculation Thread is allowed to remain open. :rolleyes: This thread once again, is pointless.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Yet the Gordon Hayward Speculation Thread is allowed to remain open. :rolleyes: This thread once again, is pointless.

Major players should have their own thread. Obviously PG, Hayward, Blake, CP3, etc. will dominate and have dominated the discussion. Anything that gets posted about Kelly Olynyk or Andrew Bogut is going to get buried. Talk about lower tier guys like that in here and leave the huge names separate so people can actually see the discussion without sifting through 15 pages on superstars.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-29-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm at the point where i'd let Snell walk. Should of dealt him at trade deadline when the Wolves were barking for him. I hate letting assets walk. But he be just a expensive luxury off the bench this year. Also I'm sure the crazy market will have him like $12M per. That's to much. He was lucky Middleton/Parker were injured a lot and freed up a ton of minutes at the wings spot. Plus second round pick Brown is 3 and D as well. Besides we still have Vaughn. Jet maybe back as well. Plus we have healthy Middleton back for SG/SF. Parker back in February.

Chronz
06-29-2017, 10:23 PM
I'm at the point where i'd let Snell walk. Should of dealt him at trade deadline when the Wolves were barking for him. I hate letting assets walk. But he be just a expensive luxury off the bench this year. Also I'm sure the crazy market will have him like $12M per. That's to much. He was lucky Middleton/Parker were injured a lot and freed up a ton of minutes at the wings spot. Plus second round pick Brown is 3 and D as well. Besides we still have Vaughn. Jet maybe back as well. Plus we have healthy Middleton back for SG/SF. Parker back in February.
Wow, is that really where hes being considered? Crazy how quickly his value skyrocketed. Good for him, I knew he was better than the **** I heard from Bulls fans.

aman_13
06-30-2017, 03:14 PM
If I'm the Pacers, I want Brown and Tatum. Make Ainge work for PG.

AntiG
06-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Bulls likely to waive Rondo

superwill
06-30-2017, 03:59 PM
All I want is to see is Zeke back with Knicks and it will be a great offseason come on Dolan make it happen I want to see Zeke give Dion Waiters a max deal

aman_13
06-30-2017, 04:13 PM
All I want is to see is Zeke back with Knicks and it will be a great offseason come on Dolan make it happen I want to see Zeke give Dion Waiters a max deal

Lol that would be hilarious.

rhino17
06-30-2017, 04:15 PM
JJ Redick interested in following Chris Paul to the Rockets

Dade County
06-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Jazz getting desperate, trying to trade for Rubio. Lol

That means George Hill is out, can't afford him.

KB24PG16
06-30-2017, 06:39 PM
JJ Redick interested in following Chris Paul to the Rockets

JJ Redick interested in joining Rockets if finances can work, per source. He still looking at 76ers, Nets for between $16-$18 million a year

https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/880872097475551233

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Five years ago, a $16-18 million contract got you LeBron. Today, it gets you Redick. Crazy how much these guys are making now.

WaDe03
06-30-2017, 07:27 PM
Spurs get first meeting with Iggy. He's definitely a Pop guy imo. I bet the offer him a starting spot.

WaDe03
06-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Five years ago, a $16-18 million contract got you LeBron. Today, it gets you Redick. Crazy how much these guys are making now.

It pisses me off as a fan as I wish players used this opportunity in the cap jump to add more players and stack their teams as opposed to huge paydays but who am I to tell them otherwise?

I will say there would probably be a much bigger disparity from top to bottom and the bottom teams would be a **** show probably but, what do you think would be better......current NBA or an NBA where players used the cap jump to stack their teams where we had 15 teams with a legit chance to win it every year and 15 **** teams?

Saddletramp
06-30-2017, 07:37 PM
I can't believe that Iggy will leave.

rhino17
06-30-2017, 07:42 PM
I can't believe that Iggy will leave.

Why? What does he have to stay for? Unless they pay him. At this point there is no reason for him to not just be looking for money

warfelg
06-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Spurs get first meeting with Iggy. He's definitely a Pop guy imo. I bet the offer him a starting spot.

That's a great pairing if they can manage it. Trade Danny Green, keep and start Jonathan Simmons, Iggy as a 6th man. Their LOD with Kawhi at the 4, Simmons at the 3, Iggy at the 2 would be able to go toe to toe with GWS dependent on PG and C.

FlashBolt
06-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Iguodala is getting a bit too old.. if he's on a four year contract, that's age 37. Not sure his athleticism keeps up and allows him to run fast breaks/defend.

warfelg
06-30-2017, 07:53 PM
Iguodala is getting a bit too old.. if he's on a four year contract, that's age 37. Not sure his athleticism keeps up and allows him to run fast breaks/defend.

Eh I would bet it's a 2 or 2+1 deal.

They're also meeting with Rudy Gay. I don't like that one as much for the SAS.

WaDe03
06-30-2017, 08:09 PM
So the Knicks aren't meeting with Teague because they believe he's already committed to the Timberwolves.

Why not go all in for Lowry if you're the Wolves?

If that's the case they should get Teague and as crazy as it may sound, Rudy Gay wouldn't be bad. Idk all the guys out their outside of the top guys but I think it's a decent fit.

Teague
Wiggins
Jimmy
Gay
Towns

Saddletramp
06-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Why? What does he have to stay for? Unless they pay him. At this point there is no reason for him to not just be looking for money

He seems to really love his teammates, he can rest when he needs, close to his tech contacts, heavily favored to win in GS and every piece that gets chipped away will be a concern for GS going forward with their cap room going away so I imagine the Warriors front office will give him whatever he wants, he helped build the title contender and might no want to head up hill again on a lesser team (which is all of them).

I imagine this is a ploy to get wined and dined and to tell the Warriors "Hey, this other team offered me $20 million to sign with them but I'll give you a discount down to $15 million to stay." I won't believe anything else until he actually signs with someone else. Plus, if his contract gets real garbagey in three years, the GS FO can buy him out by basically giving him most of his money as he slides into a front office/coaching role.

WaDe03
06-30-2017, 09:32 PM
Looks like Griffin is staying with the Clippers on a 5 year max. That's boring lol.

LA4life24/8
06-30-2017, 10:22 PM
Maaan kinda seems like all the big pieces are gonna be gone before free agency actually starts...

Hayward & lowry only big ish pieces and they wont take long im sure

warfelg
06-30-2017, 11:52 PM
fake woj... :/

warfelg
07-01-2017, 12:01 AM

warfelg
07-01-2017, 12:02 AM
What?

Vee-Rex
07-01-2017, 12:07 AM
woj bomb
woj bomb
WOJ BOMBS GALORE

aman_13
07-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Patty Mills 4 yrs 50 million with the Spurs.

FOXHOUND
07-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Anyone have Woj and Shams on mobile notifications and loving the back and forth battle between master and protege going on right now? :laugh2:

warfelg
07-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Anyone have Woj and Shams on mobile notifications and loving the back and forth battle between master and protege going on right now? :laugh2:

It's all about having an in with someone that makes it easy.

aman_13
07-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Warriors re-sign Livingston 3 yrs 24M

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 12:17 AM
So does minny have money for Millsap? I saw they're leading

FOXHOUND
07-01-2017, 12:17 AM
It's all about having an in with someone that makes it easy.

Shams beat Woj by 1 minute on the Teague tweet. May be the first time I've ever seen him lose the race lol.

warfelg
07-01-2017, 12:19 AM
If Iggy walks out the door, GSW plan to target Rudy Gay.

This love for Rudy Gay is blowing my mind. Why? Why? He's not that good!!

FOXHOUND
07-01-2017, 12:20 AM
So does minny have money for Millsap? I saw they're leading

They have about $13-15M left, after Teague's signing. Unless they can work out a sign and trade (maybe Dieng's $14M?), doesn't seem possible.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 12:24 AM

Ainge is gonna sign him and I'll hang myself lol

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 12:25 AM
They have about $13-15M left, after Teague's signing. Unless they can work out a sign and trade (maybe Dieng's $14M?), doesn't seem possible.

Millsap did say he's open to a S&T. They would be good as ****

Teague
Wiggins
Butler
Millsap
Towns

FOXHOUND
07-01-2017, 12:25 AM

I'm more surprised due to his injury. But before that? Pretty good all-around player. He failed as a franchise player and ended up on some poor teams, that led to people underrating him IMO.

aman_13
07-01-2017, 12:28 AM
The Wolves have roughly 18 million dollars of cap space left if they renounce all their cap holds.

FOXHOUND
07-01-2017, 12:28 AM

Teague
Wiggins
Butler
Millsap
Towns

If Atlanta is looking for a solid replacement who won't break the bank, it could be possible. Dieng is 27 and his extension is kicking in. 4 more years starting at $14.1M and ending at $17.3M. Looking at what Paul just got SnT for, maybe Dieng and a future 1st gets it done?

J4KOP99
07-01-2017, 12:29 AM
Ramona and windhorst should switch voices...

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 12:35 AM
If Atlanta is looking for a solid replacement who won't break the bank, it could be possible. Dieng is 27 and his extension is kicking in. 4 more years starting at $14.1M and ending at $17.3M. Looking at what Paul just got SnT for, maybe Dieng and a future 1st gets it done?

Would be fun to watch for sure.

Also Minnesota is in on JJ Redick

JLynn943
07-01-2017, 12:37 AM

His reputation is far worse than he actually is. He's a good player and a very good 3rd option if he heals right. He can handle the scoring load when need be, can be a good defender, and can create his own offense. Those things have value. When he first came to Sacramento, he was great for us. This last year or two the coaching carousel and chaos of our organization I think got to him, and then this year he got hurt. He's a consummate professional though. I'd absolutely take him back in Sacramento, but he can and should contribute a lot on a good team.

goingfor28
07-01-2017, 12:38 AM
I hate that Woj went to ESPN.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Hopefully MIN or PHI land Reddick instead of BRK

warfelg
07-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Hopefully MIN or PHI land Reddick instead of BRK

I doubt BKLYN will. He would come off the bench with them. Min or Phhil he likely starts.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 12:42 AM
I doubt BKLYN will. He would come off the bench with them. Min or Phhil he likely starts.

In MIN he starts? They gonna play Butler or Wiggins at PF?

warfelg
07-01-2017, 12:43 AM
In MIN he starts? They gonna play Butler or Wiggins at PF?

It's just what Woj said. Possible starting role and multiple year deal.

mavwar53
07-01-2017, 01:15 AM
Ramona and windhorst should switch voices...

Lmfao, you win.

Eg714
07-01-2017, 01:21 AM
Lakers get Reddick

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 01:28 AM
Lakers get Reddick

Fake account

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2017, 01:45 AM
I hate that Woj went to ESPN.

Definitely loses some luster stooping down to ESPN.

goingfor28
07-01-2017, 02:08 AM
Definitely loses some luster stooping down to ESPN.
Yup. Probably got a huge raise in salary though. Good for him, still lame though.

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2017, 02:24 AM
At least now ESPN will be the first to report all things NBA. If you can't beat [Woj], pay the man!

#WojBomb

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2017, 02:25 AM

Teague
Wiggins
Butler
Millsap
TownsIf they can land Milsap, their GM should win Executive of the Year right now. LOL.

Aust
07-01-2017, 07:54 AM
There's a rumor that Milsap wants to play in Minny.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2017, 08:31 AM
Bucks and Knicks are interested in McLemore. Also Bucks signed Snell 4/$46M.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 08:59 AM

I think he's been on a team with a winning record 1 year in his career. Is it bad luck or is it Rudy?

warfelg
07-01-2017, 09:02 AM
I think he's been on a team with a winning record 1 year in his career. Is it bad luck or is it Rudy?

Rudy has been known as a bit of an inefficient chucker. I would say 60/40 Gay/Team.

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 10:35 AM
If they can land Milsap, their GM should win Executive of the Year right now. LOL.

For sure lol

warfelg
07-01-2017, 12:34 PM
DAvid West back to thw Warriors on a one year that he says will be his last.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 12:38 PM
DAvid West back to thw Warriors on a one year that he says will be his last.

I hate that he turned us down for IND back in the day :(

tp13baby
07-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Rumors circulating Denver in a 3 team deal offered up Gary Harris, Trey Lyles and a protected 1st for Love which would of been sent to Indy for PG.

What basketball fans think that OKCs offer is better? I'm glad we got rejected holy cow.

warfelg
07-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Rumors circulating Denver in a 3 team deal offered up Gary Harris, Trey Lyles and a protected 1st for Love which would of been sent to Indy for PG.

What basketball fans think that OKCs offer is better? I'm glad we got rejected holy cow.

That deal (OKC-Indy) is getting quite mocked around the NBA, basically saying they were intent on sending PG13 to the west unless any east team gave into their demands (which sounds like they wanted 2 starting quality players and at least 1 lotto pick). (Also those aren't that high of demands. THat's what got Boogie Cousins)

warfelg
07-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 4m4 minutes ago
More
German forward Daniel Theis has agreed to a two-year deal with the Boston Celtics, league sources tell ESPN.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Championship!

This was actually reported a couple weeks ago I think that they agreed to terms.

LeonFSU
07-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Would the Pelicans be interested in trading Demarcus Cousins? If so, maybe:

New York Knicks:

Solomon Hill$11.2M
SF 4 Years

D. Arthur$8.1M
PF 4 Years

CLE or DEN first round pick

New Orleans Pelicans:

I. Shumpert$9.7M
SG 3 Years

C. Frye$7.8M
PF 2 Years

Trey Lyles$2.3M
PF 3 Years

Gary Harris$1.7M
SG 2 Years

CLE or DEN first round pick

Cleveland Cavaliers:

C. Anthony$24.6M
SF 3 Years

D. Cousins$17.0M
C 2 Years

Denver Nuggets:

Kevin Love$21.2M
PF 4 Years

WaDe03
07-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Boston fans: Theis is it, Danny?!

warfelg
07-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Andre Iguodala has cancelled all his remaining FA visits.

lakerfan85
07-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Iggy going to the Rockets?

Saddletramp
07-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Sign and trade Iguodala for Ryan Anderson? No mi gusto.

HunterNRoss
07-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Los Angeles Lakers‏Verified account @Lakers 1m1 minute ago
OFFICIAL: Lakers Waive Tarik Black

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Sign and trade Iguodala for Ryan Anderson? No mi gusto.

Nah. My guess is that it'll be a sign and trade for the Rockets not-really TPE they have that consists of $11 millionish in mostly non-guaranteed contracts. The Rockets will probably throw in some future 2nd rounders to sweeten the pot.

Saddletramp
07-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Woj

That's where the Exception is probably going, MBT.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2017, 04:38 PM

Cleveland's in talks with Houston on a deal to move Iman Shumpert to Rockets, league sources tell ESPN. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0672902519680143607-4

Aust
07-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Warriors Likely To Offer Andre Iguodala Three-Year Contract Worth Up To $45M

15 eh

Scoots
07-01-2017, 04:55 PM
The cap was supposed to be $107M, dropped to $99M ... that's a loss of $240M to the players.

With that in mind and the massive spending last year the available cap space this year was around 40% of last year.

I think those are the driving factor in the trade market being so much more active.

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 05:03 PM
Ugh... Not a fan of Shumpert. I'm still hoping for bigger pieces than this, but I'm beginning to think he might be the only guy the Rockets can net for these non-guaranteed contracts. Still holding out hope for Iggy and/or Melo in a Rockets jersey, but the chances of that seem to be getting bleaker and bleaker by the moment.

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 05:07 PM
If the Warriors do end up giving $15 million a year to Iggy, that would put them somewhere in that $93 million-$95 million with only eight players (not including West's contract), three of which didn't even crack the regular rotation last season. And they still have to sign Durant. With West and Durant, they're probably looking at about $125 million+, but that is with zero true centers on the roster.

Golden State is going to be paying a fortune this season...

Scoots
07-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Iggy going to the Rockets?

Warriors and Iguodala meeting in LA ... Warriors supposedly starting at 3 years $45M, Iguodala coming with what Houston offered him.

Saddletramp
07-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Warriors and Iguodala meeting in LA ... Warriors supposedly starting at 3 years $45M, Iguodala coming with what Houston offered him.

Looks like I was right about Iguodala. GS wanted him at $12-$14 per year for three years but the last year at a partial or non gaurantee. He took some meetings, got at least one offer (from the Rockets) and now GS is going $15 per for three years fully guaranteed.

He was never leaving Golsen State.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 05:28 PM
If the Warriors do end up giving $15 million a year to Iggy, that would put them somewhere in that $93 million-$95 million with only eight players (not including West's contract), three of which didn't even crack the regular rotation last season. And they still have to sign Durant. With West and Durant, they're probably looking at about $125 million+, but that is with zero true centers on the roster.

Golden State is going to be paying a fortune this season...

Damian Jones is a true center.

West, Bell, and Green play center.

Zaza likely to take the 20% raise if Warriors offer it.

McGee is more of a question at center.

Even with all that the Warriors total roster cost might still be less than the Cavs

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Celtics talked to Gallo I guess.

At this point I'm just conditioned to assume we miss out on Hayward and he goes to Miami. That'll elevate them to the BOS/TOR/WAS tier for #2 in the East, assuming TOR keeps their guys. BOS would still have $30M of space so hopefully we could make 1-2 impact signings to give ourselves a leg up on those teams. But I don't want to go pst 3 years.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Looks like I was right about Iguodala. GS wanted him at $12-$14 per year for three years but the last year at a partial or non gaurantee. He took some meetings, got at least one offer (from the Rockets) and now GS is going $15 per for three years fully guaranteed.

He was never leaving Golsen State.

I thought they might offer him 2 years $36M

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Amir Johnson to PHI for 1 year $11M. Honestly, he's toast IMO but a great vet presence in the locker room.

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Damian Jones is a true center.

West, Bell, and Green play center.

Zaza likely to take the 20% raise if Warriors offer it.

McGee is more of a question at center.

Even with all that the Warriors total roster cost might still be less than the Cavs

I was aware of Jones. I should have clarified by saying "competent" center. West I guess is technically a halfway decent center in today's NBA. But my point is that the two guys who got the most run at the position are both unsigned as of right now. And if they wanted, I'm sure Zaza and McGee could get more money on the open market.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 09:59 PM
I was aware of Jones. I should have clarified by saying "competent" center. West I guess is technically a halfway decent center in today's NBA. But my point is that the two guys who got the most run at the position are both unsigned as of right now. And if they wanted, I'm sure Zaza and McGee could get more money on the open market.

Fair enough ... though "Competent" is a bit harsh for Jones :)

And even if Zaza and JaVale re-sign the best center on the roster will still be Draymond.

Supposedly they are looking to replace Zaza with Dedmon.

Also supposedly Vince Carter, PJ Tucker, and Thabo all said they'd like to be Warriors.

mightybosstone
07-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Fair enough ... though "Competent" is a bit harsh for Jones :)

And even if Zaza and JaVale re-sign the best center on the roster will still be Draymond.

Supposedly they are looking to replace Zaza with Dedmon.

Also supposedly Vince Carter, PJ Tucker, and Thabo all said they'd like to be Warriors.

Carter and Sefolosha I get. Tucker, I don't. He's still young enough that he can get a solid pay day. I'd be a little shocked if all three guys sign with Golden State, especially if Iggy is re-signed. If he's back, how are all three of those guys going to get legitimate playing time?

MJNetsIsles
07-01-2017, 10:18 PM
The Nets have interest in Kentavious Caldwell Pope and Otto Porter

hugepatsfan
07-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Apparently BOS and PHI tried to work out a S&T for Amir Johnson involving Okafor. I don't see what the incentive for that would be on either side... BOS needs their cap space for at least a pitch to Hayward and what reason does PHI have to do a S&T.

BOS obviously does like Okafor to some degree and PHI clearly wants to dump him. If (feels like when :() BOS strikes out on Hayward then maybe they do go back to that as a flier. IDK.

Scoots
07-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Carter and Sefolosha I get. Tucker, I don't. He's still young enough that he can get a solid pay day. I'd be a little shocked if all three guys sign with Golden State, especially if Iggy is re-signed. If he's back, how are all three of those guys going to get legitimate playing time?

They won't get decent PT. Tucker surprised me too ... maybe he cares more about winning a ring than money? Or maybe he's thinking he can stay for a few years then get some more money after Iguodala and Livingston move on when they have his Bird rights? Who knows how deep he thought about it before he said it :)

I think they are going to look at summer league to fill the deep bench guard spot.

They are talking about Dedmon, Zaza, and McGee ... how are they going to find minutes for one of them, and West, and Bell, and Jones, and Green at Center? But Kerr always wants 5 centers (even if not conventional).

After Iguodala the next question is the center position ... then a young shooter or two and those may not get firmed up for a while.

I love that teams have 17 roster spots now.

warfelg
07-01-2017, 11:12 PM
Apparently BOS and PHI tried to work out a S&T for Amir Johnson involving Okafor. I don't see what the incentive for that would be on either side... BOS needs their cap space for at least a pitch to Hayward and what reason does PHI have to do a S&T.

BOS obviously does like Okafor to some degree and PHI clearly wants to dump him. If (feels like when :() BOS strikes out on Hayward then maybe they do go back to that as a flier. IDK.

Good question. Maybe it's because we know Okafor isn't worth a whole lot and Ainge wants him but not for anything at value.

Aust
07-02-2017, 12:35 AM
Shams Charania‏ @ShamsCharania

Free agent P.J. Tucker has reached agreement on a deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell The Vertical

Tucker to Houston

mavwar53
07-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Tucker to Houston

One of the most valuable signings this year. Helps them extremely against the warriors.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 12:57 AM
Tucker to Houston

Really good pickup.

aman_13
07-02-2017, 12:59 AM
**** me

Scoots
07-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Warriors, Thunder, Pelicans going after Nick Young

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 01:15 AM
I was so bummed when I saw the news of the Iggy signing. Then literally two minutes later I checked my phone and got the Tucker news. So stoked. To think the Rockets got him for literally half as much per year as what the Warriors paid for Iggy seems kind of crazy to me. I'm a little biased because he was at UT back when I was in college and I've been a fan of his for a long time, but I've always wanted to see him in a Rockets jersey. He was one of my all-time favorite Longhorns to watch, and I've enjoyed watching him develop a career in the NBA.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 10:59 AM

After a night of sleeping on it I think I got it:
If you sign Heyward, go over the cap to sign Johnson then trade him for the much smaller cap hit of Okafor and you get a trade exemption that could be used to not send out as much salary and get a decent size in return.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Warriors, Thunder, Pelicans going after Nick Young

I liked him as a potential replacement for Lou Will as the Rockets' fourth guard. But the Thunder and Pelicans need him way more than the Rockets do, and they're probably willing to pay more than Houston would (assuming they have the ability to do so). The Warriors' interest admittedly confuses me, though. If he goes to Golden State, he'll be lucky to get 10-15 minutes a night. There's almost no role for him there, even if they gave him all of McCaw's minutes.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 11:53 AM
I was so bummed when I saw the news of the Iggy signing. Then literally two minutes later I checked my phone and got the Tucker news. So stoked. To think the Rockets got him for literally half as much per year as what the Warriors paid for Iggy seems kind of crazy to me. I'm a little biased because he was at UT back when I was in college and I've been a fan of his for a long time, but I've always wanted to see him in a Rockets jersey. He was one of my all-time favorite Longhorns to watch, and I've enjoyed watching him develop a career in the NBA.

I do wonder if the timing was because of Iguodala's decision. Iguodala is a better player, but PJ is a stout physical defender and more durable.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 11:57 AM
I liked him as a potential replacement for Lou Will as the Rockets' fourth guard. But the Thunder and Pelicans need him way more than the Rockets do, and they're probably willing to pay more than Houston would (assuming they have the ability to do so). The Warriors' interest admittedly confuses me, though. If he goes to Golden State, he'll be lucky to get 10-15 minutes a night. There's almost no role for him there, even if they gave him all of McCaw's minutes.

With the Warriors, they'd put him out there at the end of the 1st/start of the 2nd and if he's hot he'll get plenty of run ... if not, he'll go back to the bench for the rest of the night. Young wouldn't get as much PT but he'd have a reasonable chance at a ring. And McCaw's minutes are different than Young's ... McCaw is the Warriors 2nd best man guard defender who moves the ball and thinks the game and is an okay shooter ... Young is a shooter who shoots, but that's a role the Warriors want to fill.

hugepatsfan
07-02-2017, 12:05 PM
After a night of sleeping on it I think I got it:
If you sign Heyward, go over the cap to sign Johnson then trade him for the much smaller cap hit of Okafor and you get a trade exemption that could be used to not send out as much salary and get a decent size in return.

Even that doesn't make sense though. To S&T Amir you need to set aside his cap hold - but in this case his cap hold is greater than the $11M he signed for so we'd just have to set aside that much cap space. We can't go over the cap to sign him at $11M since his cap hold is already more than that. If BOS wanted to salary dump two of Crowder/Bradley'Smart they could make that $11M of room while still signing Hayward to do the S&T but do that for Okafor??? Hell ****ing naw lol

Making a trade exception does make a lot of sense though. Trade exceptions need to be renounced the way cap holds are to use cap space though. So it would make sense to have one if we miss on Hayward and avoid using all the cap space. We have about $30M. We do the S&T for Okafor and now we have him for about $5M and also a $6M trade exception. So we use the remaining ~$19M of cap space on a FA. That trade exception lasts a year and we don't have to renounce it since we set aside space for that hold. So next year even if we go over the cap to re-sign IT/AB with Bird Rights they still have the trade exception.

On your end it seems that you guys are willing to just dump him but setting it up this way would have meant BOS was getting Okafor and a trade exception and maybe that entices a little bit extra value? IDK, situation just seems weird and unnecessary on both sides. I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge tries to take a flier on Okafor if nothing else materializes though. I think he's trash but he is talented enough to take a flier on at pretty much no cost. At the same time though, if I were PHI I'd just hang onto him as a backup before moving him for nothing.

warfelg
07-02-2017, 12:24 PM
At the same time though, if I were PHI I'd just hang onto him as a backup before moving him for nothing.

He's been outplayed by 3 centers and a PF playing the 5 in his time with us. Hes a practice pinnie at best if he gets outplayed that easily.

The problem with Okafor is really he gets up for like 3 games a month and shows you he can really be something. Is crap all the other games. And typically in those 3 good games, you lose 1 by 15+, lose 1 in the 5-10 points range, and win 1 when the other team has a "worst game of the year" situation.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 12:34 PM
I do wonder if the timing was because of Iguodala's decision. Iguodala is a better player, but PJ is a stout physical defender and more durable.
Yeah, no question Iggy is the better player because of his playmaking ability on offense and a slight edge as a perimeter defender. But there's not so much of a gap between them that Iggy deserved twice as much money per year as Tucker.

With the Warriors, they'd put him out there at the end of the 1st/start of the 2nd and if he's hot he'll get plenty of run ... if not, he'll go back to the bench for the rest of the night. Young wouldn't get as much PT but he'd have a reasonable chance at a ring. And McCaw's minutes are different than Young's ... McCaw is the Warriors 2nd best man guard defender who moves the ball and thinks the game and is an okay shooter ... Young is a shooter who shoots, but that's a role the Warriors want to fill.
But if you're Young, why chase a ring to ride the bench when you could still cash in and/or play a significant role in your prime? He could make some more money for 2-3 years and then come back and play a limited role for a contender afterward when he knows he's got a limited amount of time left in his career. If he ultimately signs with Golden State, that's totally fine, and I can understand his justification for doing so. But I wouldn't agree with it.

mavwar53
07-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Yeah, no question Iggy is the better player because of his playmaking ability on offense and a slight edge as a perimeter defender. But there's not so much of a gap between them that Iggy deserved twice as much money per year as Tucker.

It's name recognition, Tucker is extremely undervalued in this league and I have not seen contract numbers but if he is getting half of what iggy is that's a joke. He is a great role player for basketball the way it is being played right now.

mightybosstone
07-02-2017, 01:36 PM
It's name recognition, Tucker is extremely undervalued in this league and I have not seen contract numbers but if he is getting half of what iggy is that's a joke. He is a great role player for basketball the way it is being played right now.

Yeah, I believe Iggy is at 3 years, $48 million and Tucker is at 4 years, $32 million. So Iggy is making $16 million a year compared to Tucker getting $8 million a year.

aman_13
07-02-2017, 02:19 PM

Yeah he barely got any love for all defense.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 03:27 PM

But if you're Young, why chase a ring to ride the bench when you could still cash in and/or play a significant role in your prime? He could make some more money for 2-3 years and then come back and play a limited role for a contender afterward when he knows he's got a limited amount of time left in his career. If he ultimately signs with Golden State, that's totally fine, and I can understand his justification for doing so. But I wouldn't agree with it.

I agree that Tucker's contract is better.

I was answering why Young was being pursued by the Warriors and the case they would make for him coming to the Warriors ... doesn't mean he'll choose to do it.

Scoots
07-02-2017, 03:29 PM

He replaces another guy with bad name recognition who was undervalued, Montrezl Harrell, but Tucker is 8 years older and a more physical presence.

tp13baby
07-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Clippers seeking a sign and trade for Gallo.

That is one injury prone team if that happens

Dade County
07-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Sacramento offers otto porter Max money...smh

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/report-kings-extend-max-offer-wizards-rfa-otto-porter

Scoots
07-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Korver back to Cavs for 3 years $22M ... how much is that with tax?

mavwar53
07-02-2017, 06:53 PM
He replaces another guy with bad name recognition who was undervalued, Montrezl Harrell, but Tucker is 8 years older and a more physical presence.

Harrell though can't shoot, he is basically just a short Cappella while Tucker is more comparable to Draymond because of ability to shoot outside and play D against guys bigger than him.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Korver back to Cavs for 3 years $22M ... how much is that with tax?

Good. **** Gilbert.

Wade n Fade
07-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Late to comment on this, but I like Taj Gibson in Minny. I like his game as a role player since he can knock down mid range jumpers, play with a lot of energy, and is very tenacious. However, Minny paid a lot of him. I wonder if Minny asks Rose to backup Teague with a mid level exception offer?

smith&wesson
07-02-2017, 11:55 PM
Rudy Gay and Nick Young would be perfect with the Pleicans. They need wing help pretty badly..

Scoots
07-03-2017, 01:14 AM
Korver's tax bill is $22M apparently.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-03-2017, 08:39 AM
What's in store for the Hawks? Trade deadline early on they were shopping Korver, Teague, Millsap, Howard. Then trade Korver then kept the rest. Now this summer they traded toxic Howard for scraps in Plumlee. Millsap, Teague walk. Horford walked previous offseason. Full tank? Not sure what any offers were for Teague or Millsap at the trade deadline. But man letting players walk and stuck empty handed.

warfelg
07-03-2017, 09:08 AM
What's in store for the Hawks? Trade deadline early on they were shopping Korver, Teague, Millsap, Howard. Then trade Korver then kept the rest. Now this summer they traded toxic Howard for scraps in Plumlee. Millsap, Teague walk. Horford walked previous offseason. Full tank? Not sure what any offers were for Teague or Millsap at the trade deadline. But man letting players walk and stuck empty handed.

They traded Teague before last season....

warfelg
07-03-2017, 09:21 AM
DRose is meeting with the Bucks.

Perfect match. Another non-shooting on ball player.

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Lol, any team that gets Rose will regret it. I have absolutely no clue why he was linked to the Spurs earlier.

AntiG
07-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Lol, any team that gets Rose will regret it. I have absolutely no clue why he was linked to the Spurs earlier.

maybe he'll return to Chicago lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-03-2017, 11:31 AM
DRose is meeting with the Bucks.

Perfect match. Another non-shooting on ball player.

Ewwwwwwww. I suppose since we missed on McLemore. He close to signing with the Grizzlies. So Bucks probably want a scorer off the bench. Not sure we give him any minutes though. We got Brogdon and Delly, Payton II at PG. Middleton, Snell, Brown, Vaughn and maybe Jet at SG. Well Middleton be SF and Snell at SG for starters. Payton II could be with G-League Herd team or part of a package trade if Moose is dealt.