PDA

View Full Version : Report: Kyrie Irving Wants Out if LeBron Leaves

AllBall
06-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Kyrie Irving Reportedly Wants Out Of Cleveland If LeBron James Leaves Next Summer
Ryan Nagelhout 06.20.17

The early focus this NBA offseason is the list of teams trying to acquire Chicago’s Jimmy Butler and Indiana’s Paul George. While the Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be atop the list for Butler, some in Cleveland are quietly making plans for an exit in case things go south.

Hidden in an article by Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times about Jimmy Butler trade rumors is an interesting nugget about Kyrie Irving and his plans for the summer of 2018.....

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/kyrie-irving-leaving-cleveland-lebron-james/

What a Circus! 😮😮😮

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Ainge needs to make moves now so BOS can be top dawgs in the East next year after CLE falls apart lol

Tg11
06-20-2017, 01:18 PM
If Kyrie wants out it begs the question of which teams would be in the Kyrie Irving sweepstakes as far as teams that Irving could go to if LeBron leaves:

Realistic destinations would be Bulls, Clippers, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Thunder, etc

Big Zo
06-20-2017, 01:20 PM
He doesn't wanna stay if LeBron leaves???? Why that can't be! 😐

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Kyrie hits UFA in 2019. Of course he wouldn't want to stay in Cleveland if LeBron leaves.

Come to the Knicks in 2019, Kyrie. Play with Porzin... :o

Tg11
06-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Kyrie I don't see him going to the Knicks especially if LeBron leaves and if Kristaps leaves NYK then him going to the Knicks makes no sense

LA4life24/8
06-20-2017, 01:37 PM
This is kinda a DUHHH statement. No player wants to be in Cleveland. The only reason lebron came back was cuz it was a better situation than he was in

smith&wesson
06-20-2017, 01:39 PM
Well thats obvious why would he want to stay if James leaves ? Its not like he was just drafted and is a rookie or sophmore.

He's there to win ships, the minute that is not a possibility he will wanr to go else where.. which is now the trend for star players. The sky is also blue, water is wet etc etc .. oh and according to him the earth is flat 😋

Tg11
06-20-2017, 01:41 PM
Kyrie to the Bulls

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Shocker.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Lol

aman_13
06-20-2017, 02:40 PM
I thought he said he was prepared to be the number one guy.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Lmao, they need to just give this team to LeBron and let him do whatever he wants. This team is seriously a mess. LeBron got them the ring. He should get out before he's stuck with Mo Williams again.

The_Franchise13
06-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Warriors destroyed the Cavs lol...

Cavs should just trade Lebron to LAL now. LOL.

RowBTrice
06-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Kyrie is sounding a lot like bron.....if it sounds like hard work, let's go find some place easier

Bostonjorge
06-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Cavs already accepting defeat next year. Looking to 2019 and abandoning 2018 all together.

Luckily the Spurs are still in the NBA.

AllBall
06-20-2017, 03:25 PM
That Kyrie thinks this way is not surprising, the significance of the story is that Kryie is making it publicly known. This means he is trying to put pressure on the Cavs.

Big Zo
06-20-2017, 03:27 PM
Cavs already excepting defeat next year. Looking to 2019 and abandoning 2018 all together.

Luckily the Spurs are still in the NBA.

*Accepting. If they were "excepting" defeat, that means they're not including it.

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2017, 03:29 PM
He'd be great for the Knicks, let's be honest. They need a spark like Kyrie. Get ready for the burning of the jersey, though!

Tg11
06-20-2017, 03:52 PM
If Kyrie leaves after bringing them a ship and if they burn his jersey it will be just as bad as LeBron leaving the first time

eDush
06-20-2017, 04:12 PM
He'd be great for the Knicks, let's be honest. They need a spark like Kyrie. Get ready for the burning of the jersey, though!Kyrie would destroy the Knicks ability to run the triangle so he isn't a good fit nor great like you have indicated. Doubt you even understand the triangle so you probably think he can fit the point for any team cause he is such a great scorer :laugh:

AllBall
06-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Kyrie is sounding a lot like bron.....if it sounds like hard work, let's go find some place easier

KD did it. Welcome to the new normal.

eDush
06-20-2017, 04:14 PM
If Kyrie leaves after bringing them a ship and if they burn his jersey it will be just as bad as LeBron leaving the first timeNot as bad unless he does some 'decision' mock that mimics what Bron did then possibly. I doubt Kyrie is pushing this...
:no:

eDush
06-20-2017, 04:17 PM

KD did it. Welcome to the new normal.KD was a UFA and didn't demand to be traded so it's not the same...is it stupid posting time?
:facepalm:

AllBall
06-20-2017, 04:19 PM
KD was a UFA and wasn't traded so it's not the same...is it stupid posting time? :facepalm:

No need for personal attacks. Yes, KD went to an easier situation. Lebron was also an UFA.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 04:23 PM
And Kyrie isn't an UFA until 2019 so why should it even matter

eDush
06-20-2017, 05:19 PM
And Kyrie isn't an UFA until 2019 so why should it even matterIt matters cause when someone is unrestricted, they are free to go where they want as oppose to demanding a trade like a Melo or those who whine about their contract. Lebron was a free agent but how we went about it was wrong. Melo can't wait like one more season to go home by being so selfish on his part that it literally broke up a playoff bound team with the trade :facepalm:.

I don't blame KD for leaving which is his right nor would I blame Steph if he choose to sign with Charlotte and congratulate him for what he has given to the Dubs and the fans :clap:

:no:I would never act like most OKC treated KD for leaving ever!

eDush
06-20-2017, 05:22 PM
KD was a UFA and wasn't traded so it's not the same...is it stupid posting time? :facepalm:

No need for personal attacks. Yes, KD went to an easier situation. Lebron was also an UFA.:no: Not a personal attack. Was just wondering if it's stupid posting time and if so, I will take a break to do other things like admire my collection of Steph collectible cards :)

HandsOnTheWheel
06-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Thank Christ for the ignore button ;)

mrblisterdundee
06-20-2017, 05:33 PM
This is part of why I've bene arguing for the Cavaliers to trade Kyrie for Paul. LeBron's the only reason any talented free agent will stay in or come to Cleveland. Why not offer the Clippers the future or Irving and Los Angeles for Paul, who instantly upgrades Cleveland's back court on both ends? While you're at it, keep trying to trade Love for depth.
Anthony and O'Quinn from New York would be a fair return. I think Vucevic and Ross from Orlando would also be fair. Vucevic is very talented and underutilized. Ross provides some badly needed depth at forward, along with outside shooting. Both are young and on cheap contracts.

WestCoastSportz
06-20-2017, 05:57 PM
The only reason players would want to play for Cleveland is because of Lebron James. If he's not a Cavalier, then there really isn't another reason why anyone would want to sign up to be one or stay. Its about geography. Players seem to gravitate towards certain cities even if the team isn't any good. If you're a millionaire where would you want to live? Cleveland? Milwaukee? How about Oklahoma City? Or would you want to live the Los Angeles lifestyle or New York, San Francisco or Miami? Thats the only reason why we're even having this discussion in the first place. Its because Lebron, or his wife, wants to live in LA full time.

YAALREADYKNO
06-20-2017, 06:05 PM
How would you like to play for the dallas cowboys? (Jerry Jones voice)

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Guess what Kyrie? You are now tradeable and it will be for Jimmy

lol, please
06-20-2017, 11:05 PM
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/kyrie-irving-leaving-cleveland-lebron-james/

What a Circus! 😮😮😮

:laugh2:

I love it. You couldn't script it better.

ewing
06-20-2017, 11:10 PM
The only reason players would want to play for Cleveland is because of Lebron James. If he's not a Cavalier, then there really isn't another reason why anyone would want to sign up to be one or stay. Its about geography. Players seem to gravitate towards certain cities even if the team isn't any good. If you're a millionaire where would you want to live? Cleveland? Milwaukee? How about Oklahoma City? Or would you want to live the Los Angeles lifestyle or New York, San Francisco or Miami? Thats the only reason why we're even having this discussion in the first place. Its because Lebron, or his wife, wants to live in LA full time.

Cleveland rocks

WestCoastSportz
06-21-2017, 01:24 PM
Cleveland rocks

Not going to disagree with you there. I've been to Cleveland and its a awesome place.

numba1CHANGsta
06-21-2017, 01:33 PM
Seems like teams tend to fall apart once LeBron leaves the team: Cavs, Heat, soon Cavs again lol I think he goes to Clippers to play with CP3 and Melo and prob Wade if he signs for cheap, which is why I think he picked up his option with CHI because of the type of money he wont ever see again

lakerfan85
06-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Thank Christ for the ignore button ;)

Lol!

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 01:37 PM
Come to the Lakers!

chi-townlove1
06-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Honestly. I rarely comment on the NBA. But I can't take it anymore. What a ****ing pathetic excuse of a game. What an excuse these "professionals" are to the sporting world. Cry a little bit more and then maybe Jesus Christ will come hand deliver everything you want in life. Like my lord, things don't go your way, so you complain and threaten? What a complete disaster the NBA is, and what a joke of a franchise the Cavs will be if they have two super stars play with their hearts like this in a 5 year span

D Blue987
06-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Come to the Lakers!

I thought you didn't want Lebron? lmao!!!

chi-townlove1
06-21-2017, 02:10 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous. NOT. ONE. OTHER. MAJOR. SPORT. has this garbage happening. The ****ing stars on bad teams in baseball DEAL WITH HAVING A BAD TEAM. the Stars in hockey DEAL WITH HAVING A BAD TEAM. They go out there, they work their ***** off, they don't say dikk about their franchise and they just act PROFESSIONALLY. Because they know, they have it better than 99.9% of the world.

Hawkeye15
so?

D Blue987
Honestly. I rarely comment on the NBA. But I can't take it anymore. What a ****ing pathetic excuse of a game. What an excuse these "professionals" are to the sporting world. Cry a little bit more and then maybe Jesus Christ will come hand deliver everything you want in life. Like my lord, things don't go your way, so you complain and threaten? What a complete disaster the NBA is, and what a joke of a franchise the Cavs will be if they have two super stars play with their hearts like this in a 5 year span

Unfortunately the Warriors have really made basketball anti competitive for the next several years. These guys have no choice but to whine and complain to get where they want to play if they want any shot at winning a ring. Only one or two teams in the NBA have a shot at dethroning the Warriors with the right added pieces, the Cavs (as currently constructed), and the Spurs.

BKLYNpigeon
It's absolutely ridiculous. NOT. ONE. OTHER. MAJOR. SPORT. has this garbage happening. The ****ing stars on bad teams in baseball DEAL WITH HAVING A BAD TEAM. the Stars in hockey DEAL WITH HAVING A BAD TEAM. They go out there, they work their ***** off, they don't say dikk about their franchise and they just act PROFESSIONALLY. Because they know, they have it better than 99.9% of the world.

Wouldn't you want to move jobs if it can make you more Successful, more Money and gain notoriety?

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately the Warriors have really made basketball anti competitive for the next several years. These guys have no choice but to whine and complain to get where they want to play if they want any shot at winning a ring. Only one or two teams in the NBA have a shot at dethroning the Warriors with the right added pieces, the Cavs (as currently constructed), and the Spurs.

No Way. The Warriors made the League more FUN!

Free agency have never been more fire. Super teams in the NBA are fun, the NBA Ratings reflect that.

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 02:18 PM

The NBA is better than any of those other sports though. Their stars are the biggest.

chi-townlove1
06-21-2017, 02:18 PM

Wouldn't you want to move jobs if it can make you more Successful, more Money and gain notoriety?

Whole heartedly? No. Not if I know self consciously that I am taking the easy way out.

chi-townlove1
06-21-2017, 02:19 PM

The NBA is better than any of those other sports though. Their stars are the biggest.

I disagree with you incredibly on that one. To me personally all 3 other sports are WAY better than basketball. But taking my opinion away, the NFL is still far better and the MLB isn't far behind.

AllBall
06-21-2017, 02:23 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous. NOT. ONE. OTHER. MAJOR. SPORT. has this garbage happening.

Soccer players: "Hold my beer."

TrueFan420
06-21-2017, 02:23 PM

No doubt but unlike theses so called "superstars" if I complained to by boss and said I'm looking for another job it would be there's the door the second they found my replacement. So I look to make things happen on my time quitely then leave. He should have his agent put it out there quietly that he wants out of Bron leaves not scream it to his boss.

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 02:27 PM
I disagree with you incredibly on that one. To me personally all 3 other sports are WAY better than basketball. But taking my opinion away, the NFL is still far better and the MLB isn't far behind.

Your view would probably change if a terrible FO didn't have a strangle hold on your favorite team. You would enjoy it a lot more.

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 02:40 PM
I thought you didn't want Lebron? lmao!!!

Wait are we talking about Bron or Kyrie? :laugh2:

mngopher35
06-21-2017, 02:45 PM
I mean without lebron this team probably isn't very close to competing so not very surprising to hear