PDA

View Full Version : Kristaps on the market?

Pages : [1] 2

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 11:13 AM

Wow!

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 11:16 AM

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 11:19 AM
If Phil trades Porzingis, I will kill him myself.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2017, 11:21 AM

That laughing/crying emoji would be perfect right now.

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2017, 11:21 AM
:laugh: Phil too old school man.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2017, 11:22 AM
It's basically the only thing we know Phil did right in the last 4 years. Drafting Porzingis and now rather than build around a 7ft player who can block shots and shoot 3's he might trade him. Sounds about right. Never would have imagined he would be so incompetent as a general manager. Yet here we are.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 11:24 AM
If I'm Ainge I'd offer #3, 2018 BRK pick and Crowder for Porzingis.

Then you try to sign Hayward in FA.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Porzingis/Zizic

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2017, 11:24 AM

The funny thing the Knicks managed to stay out of the news for a couple of weeks. I'm sitting waiting for something like its common and now this.

Phil still pissed and his ego is hurt. He hates today NBA and he probably doing this to piss KP off.

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2017, 11:25 AM

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Porzingis/Zizic

3rd
Bk pick
Crowder
Bradley

For

KP
O'Quinn

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 11:30 AM

WestCoastSportz
06-20-2017, 11:39 AM
When you win 31 games, its hard to tag anyone as untouchable on a team especially if trading that one piece makes them a better team. So the fact that Jackson has put his name out there doesn't mean he'll get traded unless an amazing package is offered.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 11:40 AM
3rd
Bk pick
Crowder
Bradley

For

KP
O'Quinn

Can I decline to take back O'Quinn?

This trade leaves BOS with:

IT/Rozier
Smart
Brown
Horford
Porzingis/O'Quinn/Zizic

Plus room for a max, a $10M free agent, room exception, and vet min deals.

I'm good with Zizic as a backup C and not taking O'Quinn ups that FA signing to about $14M or so. I'd rather be able to go that extra bit over the MLE to try and lure a better player.

Tg11
Kristaps to the Clippers

FlashBolt
Cavs should offer Channing and Love for Melo and Kristaps....

Me and Mr. T
06-20-2017, 11:44 AM

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Porzingis/Zizic

Two number ones and Crowder? Please! There is no way he's worth that much!

Big Zo
06-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Josh McRoberts for Kristaps sounds pretty good to me.

IndyRealist
06-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Last year was big, but this has got to be the craziest NBA summer in a long time.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Kristaps to the Miami Heat...I can see that as a possibility but then don't they already have Hassan Whiteside? Not to mention the Heat would have to give up a lot to get Kristaps

ewing
06-20-2017, 11:50 AM

:laugh::laugh: best first post in a thread ever

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Kristaps to the Miami Heat...I can see that as a possibility but then don't they already have Hassan Whiteside? Not to mention the Heat would have to give up a lot to get Kristaps

Heat got no shot. There's no way someone wouldn't top their offer for a cost controlled young player like KP.

ewing
06-20-2017, 11:53 AM

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Porzingis/Zizic

I think KP fits your team perfectly. He'd help your weaknesses and thrive in that offense

Dade County
06-20-2017, 11:55 AM
KP will not be traded lol

Tg11
06-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Kristaps even said as much that he wants to stay in New York but if Phil Jackson doesn't want him then Kristaps being on the market you know so many teams would want him...imagine KP in a Celtics uniform

celticsman2009
06-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Boston 2017 pick (3) + the extra pick they got from Philly and Crowder for Porzingis. Not giving up the 2018 Brooklyn pick.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-20-2017, 12:01 PM
I'm not buying this.

But if it does happen, I hope there is room on the Process' bandwagon.

My fandom has never wavered, but this may put me over the edge.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 12:05 PM
Boston 2017 pick (3) + the extra pick they got from Philly and Crowder for Porzingis. Not giving up the 2018 Brooklyn pick.

Best trade offer I have seen all day and New York would be idiots to pass this up

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 12:06 PM
It's basically the only thing we know Phil did right in the last 4 years. Drafting Porzingis and now rather than build around a 7ft player who can block shots and shoot 3's he might trade him. Sounds about right. Never would have imagined he would be so incompetent as a general manager. Yet here we are.

Seriously, man. Knicks fans can never catch a break. :laugh2:

AllBall
06-20-2017, 12:10 PM
KP will not be traded lol

Why not? Phil Jackson is shopping him. It's well known Phil Jackson hates Melo and KP. He doesn't like anyone showing him up in authority or fame.

Scoots
06-20-2017, 12:11 PM

I heard on NY radio "I was looking at a mock draft and they had Markannen at 8" and the co-host just said "Oh, kill me!".

I love NY sports :)

aman_13
06-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Maybe Phil is really trying to get fired lol.

mrblisterdundee
06-20-2017, 12:18 PM

Maybe Phil should offer LeBron a blowjob while he's at it.

Scoots
06-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Kerr and Phil get along ... KP would fit well as a Warrior, The Knicks can have the entire roster except a certain 4 guys :)

da ThRONe
06-20-2017, 12:21 PM
It's not a terrible idea depending on what Jackson can get. Porzingis is talented but he's certainly not a "made" player. Health has been a concern and there's no telling what's going on behind the scene. If you can bail yourself out of the hole there in like attacting Noah's contract getting a top 5 pick this year and another next year I'd do it. If what they say is true and the Suns were interested and trading 4 for Love I'd listen. If it's 4 this year, Bender/Chriss, and a pick next year, while taking back Noah's deal you pull the trigger asap.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Kristaps to the Lakers imagine if that were to happen

Green_Monster
06-20-2017, 12:29 PM
It's not a terrible idea depending on what Jackson can get. Porzingis is talented but he's certainly not a "made" player. Health has been a concern and there's no telling what's going on behind the scene. If you can bail yourself out of the whole there in like attacting Noah's contract getting a top 5 pick this year and another next year I'd do it. If what they say is true and the Suns were interested and trading 4 for Love I'd listen. If it's 4 this year, Bender/Chriss, and a pick next year, while taking back Noah's deal you pull the trigger asap.

Noah's deal is a massive negative. Be prepared to lower your expectations if you're throwing him in deals.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 12:30 PM
I heard on NY radio "I was looking at a mock draft and they had Markannen at 8" and the co-host just said "Oh, kill me!".

I love NY sports :)

It's never a dull moment here, that's for sure. :o

mrblisterdundee
How about Maker and Brogdon for Porzingis?
The Bucks add another unicorn to their stable who improves their shooting and rim protection. The Knicks get a quality back court player with possibly the NBA's most bargain contract compared to his talent level, and a whole lot of potential in the front court.

FOXHOUND

:laugh2:

Tg11
06-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Knicks are entertaining offers well listening because teams have been calling but will Phil really pull the trigger

Timmmahhh
06-20-2017, 12:32 PM

How much value does a Phil Jackson gherkin slurping have on the open NBA market?

mngopher35
06-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Minnesota needed to get lucky in the lottery to have enough to offer probably, especially if Boston really wants in.

Dunn/Dieng/7 pick/2020 first for KP/Noah just isn't enough with Dunn not showing any offense yet.

Rubio/Lavine/Wiggins/KP/Towns would be so awesome though.

da ThRONe
06-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Noah's deal is a massive negative. Be prepared to lower your expectations if you're throwing him in deals.

This is the advantage of trading KP now as opposed to later Phil holds all the cards. If a team isn't giving him what he wants he just walks away. Not to mention teams will have to compete to try and top the others best offer. So sure moving Noah awful deal isn't easy but teams with cap space may take the L for a shot at Kristap.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 12:46 PM
I think KP fits your team perfectly. He'd help your weaknesses and thrive in that offense

I agree. And he's young enough where you don't limit yourself to a window that overlaps CLE/GS which is huge because realistically BOS isn't going to get that good over the next few seasons.

SteBO
06-20-2017, 12:47 PM
I'm about as far from a Knicks fan as you can get, and I'm befuddled about hearing this on their behalf. Can they really be this stupid?!

lamzoka
06-20-2017, 12:51 PM
If Phil trades KP, I'm revoking my Knicks fan card. Get rid of melo but please leave the unicorn alone.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Bradley
Crowder
Rozier

for KP and taking on Noah's deal

Is taking back Noah good enough to cancel including an extra future pick?

eDush
06-20-2017, 12:54 PM

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Porzingis/ZizicPhil would only do that if Ainge wasn't as dumb as to trade away that top pick to offer instead of #3. Fultz is the only guy that be the new face in NY going forward and would be ideal running the infamous triangle offense. Every other player in the draft is meh :(

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Phil would only do that if Ainge wasn't as dumb as to trade away that top pick to offer instead of #3. Fultz is the only guy that be the new face in NY going forward and would be ideal running the infamous triangle offense. Every other player in the draft is meh :(

You must think Phil is Jerry West or something. Kerr's best move was to not come to the Knicks.

Harryks
06-20-2017, 12:58 PM

Very funny...

eDush
06-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Kristaps even said as much that he wants to stay in New York but if Phil Jackson doesn't want him then Kristaps being on the market you know so many teams would want him...imagine KP in a Celtics uniformIf KP goes to the C's, the Cavs will be worried for the first time by another team in their own conference, trust me :nod:

AntiG
06-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Bradley
Crowder
Rozier

Can we swap the #3 for the BK pick next year and call it a day

Bradley, Crowder, Rozier, 2018 BK pick for KP and Noah.

eDush
06-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Phil would only do that if Ainge wasn't as dumb as to trade away that top pick to offer instead of #3. Fultz is the only guy that be the new face in NY going forward and would be ideal running the infamous triangle offense. Every other player in the draft is meh :(

You must think Phil is Jerry West or something. Kerr's best move was to not come to the Knicks.Not sure where my comment imply he is like Jerry West which is funny :laugh2:

eDush
06-20-2017, 01:13 PM

Very funny...Maybe Phil can also get Channing ex-Knicks teammates to join him too like Craw, Lee, Ariza, Zbo, fat Curry and their fan favorite Staaaarrrrrrrbury :clap:

Harryks
06-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Bradley
Crowder
Rozier

Phill isnt gona worry about making cap room and sacrifying a future pick just to dump noahs salary...
Eat noah let him play out his contract, trade him later if its worth something.

If Ainge offers #3, Brk2018 First Rounder, Crowder, Bradley...

I will be sitting on a table thinking for a while ...

Draft Fox? Jackson? Maybe flip #3 for Sac #5 #10
Draft Tatum or ho ever falls to number 5, get ntilikina at #8, get Markaanen at #10

Heard a trade might happen also, CLee LThomas KOquiin #44
For Portlands #15(Justin Jackson)ETurner MHarckless

Brk 2018 pick for sure is top 3 next season...

Ntilikina
Jackson
Tatum
Willy
MarkanneN

Plus whatever we can get for Melo...
Thats not a bad young group of prospects to start with... we need to suck for the next couple of years and get top draft picks continue our rebuild

mudvayne387
06-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Bradley
Crowder
Rozier

If I'm the Knicks I make that trade.

Hear me out:

Swapping KP and Noah's contracts for Crowder's and Bradley's frees up 7 million a year. Add that to the 19 million they have available and it's enough for a max deal or two mid tier players.

Land the #3 pick in the draft and there is a good chance you can land De'Aaron Fox who is an ideal fit for Jackson with his play making ability and skill set on D. With pick #8 you can take a flyer on Lauri Markkanen who is a 7 footer with range (sound familiar?)

So before adding anyone in F/A and before exploring a Melo trade, you have the following roster:

Fox
Bradley
Crowder
Anthony
Markkanen
Hernangomez
Lee
Thomas
O'Quinn
Kuzminskas
Ndour
Plumlee
Randle

Is it a playoff team ? Doubtful, but it is an extremely young roster with cap flexibility and a mix of offensive and defensive talent.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Honestly, on second though, I don't think there's much value in dumping Noah. They're going to be rebuilding anyway. I wouldn't take less back in a deal to move him. I go back to my original offer which I think is fair... Crowder, #3, 2018 BRK pick, 2019 MEM pick.

Knicks get a good player they like signed cheaply for 3 years, a very high pick, a likely high pick and then a pick that should be mid-1st.

BOS heads into FA with:

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder
KP
Horford

In FA they'd be able to add:

1) a 30% max player
2) another FA with a starting salary of $9,062,232
3) room exception of about $4M
4) vet min deals

Then they can go over the cap to bring over Ante Zizic (#23 pick last year who people say would be a late lottery pick this year coming off of the developmental year he had in Europe) and Guerschon Yabusele (#16 pick last year with an intriguing skill set as a stretch 4/small-ball 5 that can shoot and has impressive foot speed/athleticism despite being a truck).

5ass
06-20-2017, 01:52 PM
#6, 25, Vucevic/Fournier/Ross, 33,35 and a future unprotected 1st. I'd love to have Payton-Gordon-Porzingis. They'd fit so well together.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Honestly, on second though, I don't think there's much value in dumping Noah. They're going to be rebuilding anyway. I wouldn't take less back in a deal to move him. I go back to my original offer which I think is fair... Crowder, #3, 2018 BRK pick, 2019 MEM pick.

Knicks get a good player they like signed cheaply for 3 years, a very high pick, a likely high pick and then a pick that should be mid-1st.

BOS heads into FA with:

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder
KP
Horford

1) a 30% max player
4) vet min deals

Then they can go over the cap to bring over Ante Zizic (#23 pick last year who people say would be a late lottery pick this year coming off of the developmental year he had in Europe) and Guerschon Yabusele (#16 pick last year with an intriguing skill set as a stretch 4/small-ball 5 that can shoot and has impressive foot speed/athleticism despite being a truck).

If KP has to be on the table, I would probably do this.

I'd prefer he not be traded at all, though.

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2017, 01:58 PM

Then you're not getting him without that bk pick

Hustla23
06-20-2017, 02:21 PM
I'd do KP to Cleveland for Shumpert + unprotected first round 2020 pick + unprotected first round 2022 pick + unprotected first round 2024 pick + unprotected first round 2026 pick + unprotected first round 2028 pick + unprotected first round 2030 pick + unprotected first round 2032 pick + right to swap in 2034 + 2035 second round pick (top 50 protected.)

eDush
06-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Bradley
Crowder
Rozier

Hear me out:

Swapping KP and Noah's contracts for Crowder's and Bradley's frees up 7 million a year. Add that to the 19 million they have available and it's enough for a max deal or two mid tier players.

Land the #3 pick in the draft and there is a good chance you can land De'Aaron Fox who is an ideal fit for Jackson with his play making ability and skill set on D. With pick #8 you can take a flyer on Lauri Markkanen who is a 7 footer with range (sound familiar?)

So before adding anyone in F/A and before exploring a Melo trade, you have the following roster:

Fox
Bradley
Crowder
Anthony
Markkanen
Hernangomez
Lee
Thomas
O'Quinn
Kuzminskas
Ndour
Plumlee
Randle

Is it a playoff team ? Doubtful, but it is an extremely young roster with cap flexibility and a mix of offensive and defensive talent.A good chance?!? No one have him being taken in the top 2 much less 3 so if they want him, he WILL BE there. Jackson is a BPA at 3 and will be taken over someone who might not be able to run the triangle offense from what I seen thus far in college. There is a guy from France who is more ideal to run the point if we are taking about fit instead of posting bs :facepalm:

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 02:24 PM
I'd do KP to Cleveland for Shumpert + unprotected first round 2020 pick + unprotected first round 2022 pick + unprotected first round 2024 pick + unprotected first round 2026 pick + unprotected first round 2028 pick + unprotected first round 2030 pick + unprotected first round 2032 pick + right to swap in 2034 + 2035 second round pick (top 50 protected.)

Phil isn't gonna trade him for picks that he'll be dead for lol

Hustla23
06-20-2017, 02:26 PM

BOS heads into FA with:

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder
KP
Horford

1) a 30% max player
4) vet min deals

Meh, close but I wouldn't do it. The Nets have no incentive to lose. They'll probably spend a bunch of money and win 35 games. The Memphis pick is worthless. So, basically it comes down to the #3 pick plus maybe on the off chance another top 7-8 pick depending on where the Nets fall.

I'd pass.

eDush
06-20-2017, 02:36 PM

BOS heads into FA with:

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder
KP
Horford

1) a 30% max player
4) vet min deals

Meh, close but I wouldn't do it. The Nets have no incentive to lose. They'll probably spend a bunch of money and win 35 games. The Memphis pick is worthless. So, basically it comes down to the #3 pick plus maybe on the off chance another top 7-8 pick depending on where the Nets fall.

I'd pass.Trading a future international star like Yao Ming just to dumb a contract would be the stupidest thing Phil would have done as well as admitting he made a mistake. If I was Phil, I would used some of that zen on Noah to savage his career if it's not injury related.

There I finally told Phil want he should do which I think is the wise decision so he doesn't look any worse then he already has since he was the HC when I was a Lakers fan long ago but stop when Shaq left.
:hide:

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 02:41 PM

I'd pass.

35 games would be a 15 win improvement. The year the Cavs added Love and Lebron they improved by 20 wins. They were the worst team in the NBA last year - 35 wins would have made them 11th worst.

I can't see any players they add having that type of impact.

Jetsguy
06-20-2017, 02:44 PM

I would have to ask for James Jones as well

Hustla23
06-20-2017, 02:47 PM
35 games would be a 15 win improvement. The year the Cavs added Love and Lebron they improved by 20 wins. They were the worst team in the NBA last year - 35 wins would have made them 11th worst.

I can't see any players they add having that type of impact.

You get the point. There's very little chance the Nets end up being the worst team again when they have no incentive to lose and a bunch of money to spend (haven't looked at their salary situation but I'm assuming they have some cap space.)

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 02:55 PM
You get the point. There's very little chance the Nets end up being the worst team again when they have no incentive to lose and a bunch of money to spend (haven't looked at their salary situation but I'm assuming they have some cap space.)

What was their incentive to be bad last year? Or the year before. It's not just about incentive, it's about talent. They have none of it lol

They'll have some where around $25-30M of cap space once they sort out their non-guaranteed deals and draft pick cap holds. In a league where bench players make $15M I don't think they're going to be able to add anyone significant.

I do think they'll be better with year 2 of their system and some better health by Jeremy Lin. On the other side though, Lopez is in his last year and they could very well move him for value now. I could see some teams in the later half of the lottery offering up for him.

Hustla23
06-20-2017, 03:03 PM
What was their incentive to be bad last year? Or the year before. It's not just about incentive, it's about talent. They have none of it lol

They'll have some where around $25-30M of cap space once they sort out their non-guaranteed deals and draft pick cap holds. In a league where bench players make $15M I don't think they're going to be able to add anyone significant.

I do think they'll be better with year 2 of their system and some better health by Jeremy Lin. On the other side though, Lopez is in his last year and they could very well move him for value now. I could see some teams in the later half of the lottery offering up for him.

If Lin is out for half the season again, then I concede, otherwise you're looking at:

- Full season Lin who is a 2.5-3 OWS sorta guy in a good year
- Lopez in a contract year
- 25-30 million of cap space to use

Adding those things up makes it seem likely that they see a noticeable increase in wins.

Of course anything can happen but I wouldn't treat next year's BRK pick with the same value as this year's.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2017, 03:05 PM
remember when i said the knicks will trade him like idiots because PHIL lol... I got flamed.

mudvayne387
06-20-2017, 03:12 PM
A good chance?!? No one have him being taken in the top 2 much less 3 so if they want him, he WILL BE there. Jackson is a BPA at 3 and will be taken over someone who might not be able to run the triangle offense from what I seen thus far in college. There is a guy from France who is more ideal to run the point if we are taking about fit instead of posting bs :facepalm:

You do realize the Lakers discussed taking Fox at #2 right ? While I highly doubt they pass on Ball, it's not out of the realm of possibility. If he develops a jumper, he could be the best player in the draft class.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 03:14 PM
If Lin is out for half the season again, then I concede, otherwise you're looking at:

- Full season Lin who is a 2.5-3 OWS sorta guy in a good year
- Lopez in a contract year
- 25-30 million of cap space to use

Adding those things up makes it seem likely that they see a noticeable increase in wins.

Of course anything can happen but I wouldn't treat next year's BRK pick with the same value as this year's.

It's certainly not as valuable as this year's pick because of the uncertainty attached. I think you're overrating their potential improvement though.

If he's a 2.5-3.0 OWS per season kind of guy then getting an extra half year out of him is worth what exactly?

Lopez could be good in a contract year but he was good last year too. If he has a good year again that's not any sort of huge improvement off of last year.

$25-30M cap space gets you what exactly in today's market? No max is going there. I don't think they're getting any premium talent with that space.

I for sure think they will be better but what will that translate to wins. Just using your 35 win mark, out of all of the teams below that threshold along with BRK last year - ORL, PHI, PHX, LAL, MIN, SAC, DAL, NO, NY - I feel every one of them has more room to grow with their current roster and cap space situation than BRK does. The combination of cap space to add (also considering how attractive they are to FAs), the young players on the roster who can improve, and guys returning to health to me is greater on most of those teams than it is BRK. NYK seems like a dumpster fire so I guess not them. But realistically I can't see BRK jumping too many of those teams.

Realistically I can't expect to go #1 again but I feel pretty confident that pick will be quite high.

Aust
06-20-2017, 03:25 PM

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Porzingis/Zizic

Damn, that's a hell of an offer. If I'm NY I would have a 3rd team for Crowder or trade him afterward.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Damn, that's a hell of an offer. If I'm NY I would have a 3rd team for Crowder or trade him afterward.

Phil supposedly really likes him so I think they'd want to keep him. But that's possible. If Phil really wants to run the triangle Jackson at #3 and Ntklina (spelling?) at #8 would be two good picks for PG and SG. Crowder fits well at SF too I think. He's relatively young and cheap for 3 years so even on a rebuilding club he's a good guy to have.

Big Zo
06-20-2017, 03:38 PM
remember when i said the knicks will trade him like idiots because PHIL lol... I got flamed.

Well he still hasn't been traded, so the flaming is still valid.

lamzoka
06-20-2017, 03:51 PM

BOS heads into FA with:

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder
KP
Horford

1) a 30% max player
4) vet min deals

Include Bradley and we a have a deal

AllBall
06-20-2017, 03:58 PM
LMFAO at this video. lol! The outrage over this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG4K8mBFEZg

Aust
06-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Phil supposedly really likes him so I think they'd want to keep him. But that's possible. If Phil really wants to run the triangle Jackson at #3 and Ntklina (spelling?) at #8 would be two good picks for PG and SG. Crowder fits well at SF too I think. He's relatively young and cheap for 3 years so even on a rebuilding club he's a good guy to have.

If they want to compete. I'd go for a full rebuild.

pick(crowder)
High pick next year(NYK)
High pick next year(Brooklyn)

That's a nice fresh start. Crowder being cheap has little value if you are tanking. He'll be 27 in a few weeks, so that's right on the border on whether to keep him long-term or move him as he doesn't fit in your timeline. I guess it depends on how good a pick you can get for him. If it isn't high enough, keep him.

eDush
06-20-2017, 04:06 PM
A good chance?!? No one have him being taken in the top 2 much less 3 so if they want him, he WILL BE there. Jackson is a BPA at 3 and will be taken over someone who might not be able to run the triangle offense from what I seen thus far in college. There is a guy from France who is more ideal to run the point if we are taking about fit instead of posting bs :facepalm:

You do realize the Lakers discussed taking Fox at #2 right ? While I highly doubt they pass on Ball, it's not out of the realm of possibility. If he develops a jumper, he could be the best player in the draft class.Just because they bring him in for a workout doesn't mean they are taking him at 2, it's only mean they are doing their due diligence like most teams. If they want him, they would do what Boston is doing by trading down...got it? That is your lesson for today and besides, he doesn't fit the triangle just like Rose can't either. A French guy that I can't spell or pronounce his name can and should be taken if they continue to stress the triangle which I understand how it is run. Just saying...:nod:

Hustla23
06-20-2017, 04:24 PM
It's certainly not as valuable as this year's pick because of the uncertainty attached. I think you're overrating their potential improvement though.

If he's a 2.5-3.0 OWS per season kind of guy then getting an extra half year out of him is worth what exactly?

Lopez could be good in a contract year but he was good last year too. If he has a good year again that's not any sort of huge improvement off of last year.

$25-30M cap space gets you what exactly in today's market? No max is going there. I don't think they're getting any premium talent with that space.

I for sure think they will be better but what will that translate to wins. Just using your 35 win mark, out of all of the teams below that threshold along with BRK last year - ORL, PHI, PHX, LAL, MIN, SAC, DAL, NO, NY - I feel every one of them has more room to grow with their current roster and cap space situation than BRK does. The combination of cap space to add (also considering how attractive they are to FAs), the young players on the roster who can improve, and guys returning to health to me is greater on most of those teams than it is BRK. NYK seems like a dumpster fire so I guess not them. But realistically I can't see BRK jumping too many of those teams.

Realistically I can't expect to go #1 again but I feel pretty confident that pick will be quite high.

Impossible to determine how many real wins that correlates to exactly but that's a pretty decent player in general that you're getting for the entire season, not to mention the guy who runs the offense.

Players typically perform better in contract years, for obvious reasons.

I don't know who they can get for 25-30 million but that is, like you said, theoretically enough for a max. They likely won't get a max but they can overpay for someone who is a solid starter or sign multiple players who produce more wins than whoever they have now.

lol The 35 wins was just a number I threw out there, wasn't meant to be taken literally.

I wouldn't discount a lot of these teams tanking towards the end of the year. And besides MIN, PHX, NO, and maybe Orlando none of those teams are a lock to be better than the Nets.

Valuable pick, for sure, just not valuable enough to add onto the 3rd pick and get Porzingis.

BostonBoy
06-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Impossible to determine how many real wins that correlates to exactly but that's a pretty decent player in general that you're getting for the entire season, not to mention the guy who runs the offense.

Players typically perform better in contract years, for obvious reasons.

I don't know who they can get for 25-30 million but that is, like you said, theoretically enough for a max. They likely won't get a max but they can overpay for someone who is a solid starter or sign multiple players who produce more wins than whoever they have now.

lol The 35 wins was just a number I threw out there, wasn't meant to be taken literally.

I wouldn't discount a lot of these teams tanking towards the end of the year. And besides MIN, PHX, NO, and maybe Orlando none of those teams are a lock to be better than the Nets.

Valuable pick, for sure, just not valuable enough to add onto the 3rd pick and get Porzingis.

PHI and LAL will also be better assuming Simmons and Embiid are healthy and Ingram continues to develop.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Rebuilding around Melo and Noah? Lmao

GoferKing_
06-20-2017, 05:07 PM

Hehe. Yeah, sure, NYK needs more old and washed up players.xD

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Bucks should get in on this. I'd offer up #17 and Parker and Brogdon and Vaughn. Then Bucks only need a PG.

Delly?,Middleton, Giannis, Maker, KP. Triple towers baby!

eDush
06-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Bucks should get in on this. I'd offer up #17 and Parker and Brogdon and Vaughn. Then Bucks only need a PG.

Delly?,Middleton, Giannis, Maker, KP. Triple towers baby!I rather have Middleton than soon to be fat Parker and you should include Maker, then it's somewhat fair :nod:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-20-2017, 05:55 PM
I rather have Middleton than soon to be fat Parker and you should include Maker, then it's somewhat fair :nod:

I wouldn't trade Maker.

PurpleLynch
06-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Lakers have to ask for a trade. With Walton as a coach, he's kinda the perfect player to both play PF or C.

We already traded Russell, Randle and Clarkson could be next.

BostonBoy
06-20-2017, 08:25 PM
Lakers have to ask for a trade. With Walton as a coach, he's kinda the perfect player to both play PF or C.

We already traded Russell, Randle and Clarkson could be next.

Randle and Clarkson won't get it done unless you're throwing in #2 with them.

PurpleLynch
06-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Randle and Clarkson won't get it done unless you're throwing in #2 with them.

We have also a 27th first round and two second round picks(2018 and 2019). We can still even offer Nance for a player like him.

ewing
06-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Rebuilding around Melo and Noah? Lmao

Melo is getting brought out and KP and Noah will be traded for Dwight Howard

Wade n Fade
06-20-2017, 11:13 PM
LMFAO at this video. lol! The outrage over this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG4K8mBFEZg

Stephen Nay Smith back at it again lol. "This damn Phil Jackson. He has to go."

IKnowHoops
06-21-2017, 12:52 AM

Hear me out:

Fox
Bradley
Crowder
Anthony
Markkanen
Hernangomez
Lee
Thomas
O'Quinn
Kuzminskas
Ndour
Plumlee
Randle

Is it a playoff team ? Doubtful, but it is an extremely young roster with cap flexibility and a mix of offensive and defensive talent.

Doubtful!?!?! lol!! Might be the worst roster in the nba. Actually, it's easily the worst roster in the nba.

IKnowHoops
06-21-2017, 12:55 AM
Hehe. Yeah, sure, NYK needs more old and washed up players.xD

Your just pure salt. Your team is just so whack that all you can do is follow other people around and impress your own negativity on there situation lol

JAZZNC
06-21-2017, 01:38 AM
I'd trade Favors, Exum and/or Hood, and any number of first round picks for Porz and take back a crap contract. He and Gobert would be a great pairing IMO. Gobert, Porzingis, Hayward (if we resign him) is a pretty darn good foundation but I know that we don't realistically have the assets to get him here.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2017, 01:43 AM
the knicks better get a ****ing ton... get ready laker fans phil knows his place... Porz to the lakers for deng and the 2nd pick... phil gets fired and returns to the lakers front office a week later lol. Lakers trade for PG13... Magic and Phil then sign lebron/cp3 and lebrons posse.

the real master plan.

Cheat code- Up Up down down Left Right start.

Lebron
CP3
PG13
Porz
Zubiac

smith&wesson
06-21-2017, 01:53 AM
the knicks better get a ****ing ton... get ready laker fans phil knows his place... Porz to the lakers for deng and the 2nd pick... phil gets fired and returns to the lakers front office a week later lol. Lakers trade for PG13... Magic and Phil then sign lebron/cp3 and lebrons posse.

the real master plan.

Cheat code- Up Up down down Left Right start.

Lebron
CP3
PG13
Porz
Zubiac

Lol Magic wouldnt bring Phil to the Lakers .. hes not a "Phil" guy..

superwill
06-21-2017, 02:52 AM
Randle #2 for KP #8

KnicksorBust
06-21-2017, 08:04 AM
Randle #2 for KP #8

Terrible deal.

If Porzingis goes for anything less than 2 lottery picks it is a huge mistake and our #8 should be completely off the table.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-21-2017, 08:09 AM
If reports are true that Phil is just listening to offers, I would bet that his asking price is astronomically high.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GoferKing_
06-21-2017, 08:26 AM
Your just pure salt. Your team is just so whack that all you can do is follow other people around and impress your own negativity on there situation lol

Whhaaaaat?xD

This trade would be so NYK (knowing their history). xD

Well, at least we have hope of rebuilding, with the picks, Buddy, Bogdan, Skal, WCS and not having killed ourselves with giving Boogie that big azz contract in times where we will 10000000% not contend for a championship. Sooooooooooooooooooo. :hi5:

AllBall
06-21-2017, 09:27 AM

http://i.imgur.com/atqknOr.jpg

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2017, 11:37 AM
As a magic fan id give up

The 6th pick, Vucevic,Mario Hez, Fournier and id take back KP along with noahs bad contract.

IndyRealist
06-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Jeanie Buss would, and she outranks Magic.

PurpleLynch
06-21-2017, 12:10 PM
Jeanie Buss would, and she outranks Magic.

Jeanie Buss and Phil Jackson ended their relationship few months ago, I doubt she would do that.

Harryks
06-21-2017, 12:39 PM

The 6th pick, Vucevic,Mario Hez, Fournier and id take back KP along with noahs bad contract.

Add another 1st and ill send Porzingis a flight ticket to Orlando !

Only if we can package Vucevic and Fournier for more draft picks

Still not enough do

Btw dont quite really know Hezonias cealing... was picked after Porzongis only thing i know lol

Harryks
06-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Add another 1st and ill send Porzingis a flight ticket to Orlando !

Only if we can package Vucevic and Fournier for more draft picks

Still not enough do

Btw dont quite really know Hezonias cealing... was picked after Porzongis only thing i know lol

Forgot to add... a thanks letter for eating Noahs contract

IndyRealist
06-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Jeanie Buss and Phil Jackson ended their relationship few months ago, I doubt she would do that.

I must be behind on my tmz. My bad.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Forgot to add... a thanks letter for eating Noahs contract

Lol well we also have the 25th pick this year...

Mario is tricky he has potential but all the coaching changes and bench burying really killed his confidence. Skiles destroyed his confidence.

At Last years end he started getting more run even as a 4 in small ball lines and he started coming back. This next year is big for him. Make or break imo and he is staying in states this summer to work on his game instead of playing for his home team over seas.

I have never been more butthurt as a magic fan then when yall took KP 1 spot before us. I cant even put into words how bummed i was. Lol

eDush
06-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Lol Magic wouldnt bring Phil to the Lakers .. hes not a "Phil" guy..I know nor is he a Jerry West guy...he's a Pat Riley guy thru and thru :nod:

KnicksorBust
06-21-2017, 02:24 PM

Vuc/Mario/Fournier are essentially the other lottery pick I would want and being able to get rid of Noah's contract is a nice bonus. I wouldn't take it but it's definitely fair. I liked Mario. You giving up on him already??

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2017, 03:19 PM
Vuc/Mario/Fournier are essentially the other lottery pick I would want and being able to get rid of Noah's contract is a nice bonus. I wouldn't take it but it's definitely fair. I liked Mario. You giving up on him already??

I explain my take on mario like 2 posts up on this page. I cant say i give up on him its just he could come around or he may not. Thats why he is an interesting addition to the trade offer i suggested to NY for KP.

Id do it for sure but dont think they will move KP

LongIslandIcedZ
06-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Kristaps Porzingis is the only the thing the Knicks have done, where you can look at them and say, "damn, that was a fantastic move by the Knicks."

Dont trade him.

mrblisterdundee
06-21-2017, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't trade Maker.

Then you would be in error. Maker's all potential, whereas Porzingis is at least a solid star unicorn on a crappy team. Imagine what happens when defenders have to choose between packing the paint against Giannis and leaving guys like Middleton, Parker and Porzingis open. Imagine how much easier it will be for Porzingis to get open shots, and how much better Milwaukee's defense will be with him and Giannis covering the entire half court with their arms.
I'd start by offering Maker and Brogdon for Porzingis. Even that seems like a cheap offer.

eDush
06-21-2017, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't trade Maker.

Then you would be in error. Maker's all potential, whereas Porzingis is at least a solid star unicorn on a crappy team. Imagine what happens when defenders have to choose between packing the paint against Giannis and leaving guys like Middleton, Parker and Porzingis open. Imagine how much easier it will be for Porzingis to get open shots, and how much better Milwaukee's defense will be with him and Giannis covering the entire half court with their arms.
I'd start by offering Maker and Brogdon for Porzingis. Even that seems like a cheap offer.If you think they can get KP with Maker only, then you need to stop now lol unless they include Middleton or Parker or both plus Maker for the next great international star with an impact like a Yao Ming :nod:

IndyRealist
06-21-2017, 05:10 PM
[

If you think they can get KP with Maker only, then you need to stop now lol unless they include Middleton or Parker or both plus Maker for the next great international star with an impact like a Yao Ming :nod:

Except he's from Latvia, population 2 million, not China, population 1.3 billion. Find me an Indian superstar and we'll talk.

WestCoastSportz
06-21-2017, 05:17 PM
They should be focusing on building a team around Porzingis instead and concentrate on getting rid of guys like Carmelo, Lee and Noah. See if they can trade those guys for young talents or even just in a salary dump type trade. Easier said than done and I know that.

KnickNyKnick
06-21-2017, 05:18 PM
[

Except he's from Latvia, population 2 million, not China, population 1.3 billion. Find me an Indian superstar and we'll talk.

yes but, he would represent Europe more than latvia i think.

colinskik
06-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Reports surfaced yesterday that the asking price for KP was astronomically high, which means Phil was just out here seeing what KP's value is / attempting to deflate the kid's ego a smidge. Some people might say that's the wrong way to treat the future of the team, but I would argue it's his job to explore all possibilities.

I'm 100% certain KP is staying in NY for the foreseeable future.

IndyRealist
06-21-2017, 05:28 PM
I'd start by offering Maker and Brogdon for Porzingis. Even that seems like a cheap offer.

yes but, he would represent Europe more than latvia i think.

Yao caused a basketball craze in China. Europe already plays a ton of basketball. Zero chance KP has the same impact as Yao.

Hustla23
06-21-2017, 05:32 PM
Isn't Jabari Parker done? 2 ACL tears back to back usually causes guys to lose a ton of ability.

akagiredsuns
06-21-2017, 06:47 PM

NY isn't stupid. Even someone on drugs knows this is a very lopsided deal. Cavs fans are just being straight homers and not objective. This isn't NBA 2K, and even the game would reject this trade. Wow just :facepalm:

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 08:57 PM
The Knicks want a top 4 pick in return to draft Josh Jackson per Woj

hugepatsfan
06-21-2017, 09:17 PM
For the love of God please Ainge

Romeo Naes
06-21-2017, 09:22 PM
Sounds like bs to me.

J4KOP99
06-21-2017, 09:33 PM
If this is really woj then wow

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 09:35 PM
Boston cannot sit on their hands here, as much as I hate the Celtics, this would be a great move for them! Can not wait, he's available, Get KP.

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 09:36 PM
I would even offer the #2 pick for KP.

D Blue987
06-21-2017, 09:44 PM
For the love of God please Ainge

Yup he is your guy. Those picks should be dealt for a young behemoth like KP.

D Blue987
06-21-2017, 09:45 PM
I think this for Boston makes any matchup with the Cavs much more interesting.

D Blue987
06-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Watch NY trade him for peanuts.

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 10:00 PM
KP-Ingram-PG13....

I'll hold onto a small dream.

Trade #2 and a package for KP..

warfelg
06-21-2017, 10:01 PM

Delly?,Middleton, Giannis, Maker, KP. Triple towers baby!

Just wait for the Sixers to roll out the Quad-Towers lineup:
Fultz 6'5"
Covington 6'9"
Simmons 6'10"
Saric 6'10"
Embiid 7'2"

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2017, 10:02 PM
Dang phil jackson confirming That they are shopping KP and saying things about the exist meeting KP missed. Making it hard to turn back and not trade him

superwill
06-21-2017, 10:06 PM

Hell I would throw in Randle we can get Paul George next off season if he really wants to be a Laker

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Hell I would throw in Randle we can get Paul George next off season if he really wants to be a Laker

I would cream pants if we land KP...

MrfadeawayJB
06-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Trading kristaps is dumb af if you ask me. He must've asked to be traded

shep33
06-21-2017, 10:26 PM
#2 and Ingram?

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 10:28 PM
#2 and Ingram?

No, you don't trade Ingram. Ingram/KP is the Dream here.

Randle/Zublocka//#2

eDush
06-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Trading kristaps is dumb af if you ask me. He must've asked to be tradedWell I would ask more than just the 4th pick like also a future first and dump Noah on them :nod:

Yanks All Day
06-21-2017, 10:44 PM
By now it's abundantly clear that Phil Jackson has no idea how to run an NBA franchise. That said, the Lakers should be all over this and try as hard as possible to get Porzingis and keep Ingram.

Example: #2 (Lonzo), #28, Clarkson, Randle, Nantz, etc. Whatever else they want. Get a 3rd team. Future 1sts if possible. Who cares?

Dream Lakers scenario next summer: Ingram & Porzingis on rookie deals. Paul George joins for max. Russell Westbrook opts out and goes home for max.

Westbrook-George-Ingram-Porzingis as a Core 4 and still cash to spend because of 2 rookie deals. That's a dream that's not out of the realm of possibility.

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 10:44 PM
CP3-PG13-Ingram-KP

Would be a nice core 4 too...

AllBall
06-21-2017, 10:54 PM

Phil straight trolling!! Wow!

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-21-2017, 10:59 PM
He wants to be fired so he can get his money and go home. Phil can't be this stupid. Unless he's really going senile

Aust
06-21-2017, 11:19 PM
Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley

Knicks have had substantive talks with at least two teams on potential a trade of Kristaps Porzingis, per sources

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley

Per @ramonashelburne: the Knicks have talked to each team in top-5 of the draft about a Kristaps Porzingis deal

If you trade him Phil, please not the Celtics...

AllBall
06-21-2017, 11:25 PM

This is proving to be as entertaining as the DeAndre/Cuban off season drama 2 years ago. Busting out the popcorn!

hugepatsfan
06-21-2017, 11:27 PM
IT
Hayward
George
Horford
Porzingis

Get it done Ainge

Aust
06-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Ramona Shelburne‏ @ramonashelburne

Generally speaking they asked for a the top-5 pick and a young player on a star track.

That's a tough combo

nyknicks1969
06-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Well looks like Celtics and Lakers are hot and heavy.

shep33
06-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Lakers can do like an Ingram + 27 and 28.

Clarkson and Randle + 2

Aust
06-21-2017, 11:39 PM
We would've drafted Porz if we had stayed at the 4th spot in the draft instead of jumping up 2 spots. Hurts man..

I remember Knicks fans being so depressed when we switched spots w/em

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 11:40 PM

Celtics have the ability to get Porzingus George and Hayward. They have to do this. Porzingus is a freak of nature talent.

Dade County
06-21-2017, 11:42 PM
I don't believe this...

Kp should not have skiped the exit interview, but there has to be another way.

Lol

hugepatsfan
06-21-2017, 11:44 PM

Celtics have the ability to get Porzingus George and Hayward. They have to do this. Porzingus is a freak of nature talent.

Gonna take some cap finessing by yeah, it's doable.

nyknicks1969
06-21-2017, 11:44 PM
#3 this Year, BKN 2018, and Jaylon Brown.

shep33
06-21-2017, 11:48 PM
BOS and LAL have to be the two top contenders. Boston should go all in for him.

nyknicks1969
06-21-2017, 11:49 PM
BOS and LAL have to be the two top contenders. Boston should go all in for him.

I agree

#3, BKN 2018, Jaylon Brown and Marcus Smart.

hugepatsfan
06-21-2017, 11:51 PM
#3, Jaylen Brown, 2019 MEM pick for KP

Bradley, Crowder, Smart the SAC/LAL pick for PG

Sign Hayward

IT/Rozier
Hayward
PG
Horford
KP/Zizic

Need one backup wing in FA with the MLE.

still1ballin
06-21-2017, 11:55 PM

Yeah? And who will be our PG? Llulz

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2017, 11:56 PM

I'll pretend it can happen

CP3
PG13
Ingram
KP
Lopez

J4KOP99
06-21-2017, 11:56 PM
#3, Jaylen Brown, 2019 MEM pick for KP

Bradley, Crowder, Smart the SAC/LAL pick for PG

Sign Hayward

IT/Rozier
Hayward
PG
Horford
KP/Zizic

Need one backup wing in FA with the MLE.

Hate the celts with all my heart but that would be a fun team to watch. If knicks ask for Brooklyn pick instead of mem, do you do it?

Aust
06-21-2017, 11:57 PM
#4 + Bledsoe + PHX 2018 first, unprotected and a Chandler for Noah swap

still1ballin
06-22-2017, 12:00 AM

I'll pretend it can happen

CP3
PG13
Ingram
KP
Lopez

lol

unleashthebeast
Ramona tweeted that the Knicks have talked to all of the teams in the top 5, as well as OKC....

The Thunder? What I'm the world could they give up?

nyknicks1969
Hate the celts with all my heart but that would be a fun team to watch. If knicks ask for Brooklyn pick instead of mem, do you do it?

Yes and add Marcus Smart.

We can thrown in some trash to get it done.

Aust
06-22-2017, 12:01 AM
Ramona tweeted that the Knicks have talked to all of the teams in the top 5, as well as OKC....

The Thunder? What I'm the world could they give up?

Maybe as a 3rd team in a deal.

Aust
06-22-2017, 12:02 AM
#4 + Bledsoe + PHX 2018 first, unprotected and a Chandler for Noah swap

Or

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley

Marquese Chriss & Dragan Bender have come up in some iterations of the Knicks' talks with Phoenix about a trade for Porzingis, per sources

Chriss and Bender and #4 makes a lot of sense IMO

Aust
06-22-2017, 12:05 AM
I think PHX are the favorites if Phil does pull the trigger. C's could be faves if they go ham, but I'm not sure Ainge is willing to go ham.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2017, 12:05 AM
Or maybe they trade Westbrook....

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 12:06 AM

I wouldn't think so. Asking price is a top 5 pick and a young player. Our pick will give them a shot at Jackson who is supposedly the apple of their eye. Brown is a good young player with upside. The MEM pick is a sweetener.

If the Lakers offer Ingram and #2 we might have to though. I'd try to offer them Crowder instead, who Phil loves though. I think that pushes you back on top of the LAL offer. Or Smart. Keep the 2018 BRK pick. Not needed to make the best offer IMO.

I would offer up the BRK pick if I could keep Brown though.

AllBall
06-22-2017, 12:07 AM

loooooollll The Process™ has spoken!! 😂😂😂

shep33
06-22-2017, 12:14 AM
I like that Phoenix trade. Chris, 4, and Bender (Not sold on him one bit). The Lakers or C's can top it, but they also have other plans. Still think Ainge should go all in for KP (he's on a rookie deal and thus doesn't hurt your cap).

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 12:17 AM
I like that Phoenix trade. Chris, 4, and Bender (Not sold on him one bit). The Lakers or C's can top it, but they also have other plans. Still think Ainge should go all in for KP (he's on a rookie deal and thus doesn't hurt your cap).

I like Porzngis a lot but he certainly has flaws. He's shown he can play but he hasn't shown to me he's a transcendent player or that he has that type of ability. I don't give up 3 high upside players/picks. Teo is my limit. If PHX offers Chriss/Bender/#4 I'd let him go. Not upping past that.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2017, 12:19 AM
Or

Chriss and Bender and #4 makes a lot of sense IMO

Bender sucks, Chriss is probably nothing more than a rotational player.

Booker and #4 or no deal

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2017, 12:21 AM
I'd give them any non-Brown piece on the roster they want (Crowder, Bradley, Smart, Rozier) or any 1st round pick but I only offer them two of the following

Brown
#3 (Jackson)
2018 BRK pick
LAL/SAC

I maybe offer a 3rd if it's that LAL/SAC pick. That's where I draw the line though.

Brown
3rd
Bk pick
Smart

And you got yourself a deal

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 12:22 AM
I'd give them any non-Brown piece on the roster they want (Crowder, Bradley, Smart, Rozier) or any 1st round pick but I only offer them two of the following

Brown
#3 (Jackson)
2018 BRK pick
LAL/SAC

I maybe offer a 3rd if it's that LAL/SAC pick. That's where I draw the line though.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2017, 12:26 AM
We don't need Bender. We have Willy

nyknicks1969
06-22-2017, 12:26 AM

If they took that trade and then went PG at #8 they likely go

Bender
Chris's
Jackson
Frank N.

.... that it one very long freaky athletic core.

nyknicks1969
06-22-2017, 12:29 AM

Brown
#3 (Jackson)
2018 BRK pick
LAL/SAC

#3 Jackson, Brown and BKN 2018 ... we good.

PC
06-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Does Dragan Bender have any actual trade value? Understood he was the #4 pick last year, but that was also a historically weak draft. 35.4/27.7/36.4 is just god awful efficiency. I know he's a project, but off the top of my head these numbers have got to be among the worst percentages I have seen. Also, the #4 pick doesn't give you a crack at the consensus top 3 prospects in this draft. Pretty underwhelming return if you ask me. But then again, I guess I might be perceived as a biased Knick fan.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 12:33 AM
Brown
3rd
Bk pick
Smart

And you got yourself a deal

I'd pass. Like I said, not giving up 3 highest upside pieces. Porzingis is awesome but not that awesome IMO.

unleashthebeast
06-22-2017, 12:34 AM
Bender was the youngest player in the NBA last year I think. Dude has plenty of potential and has a fair amount of value. That Chriss - Bender - 4 offer is pretty solid if true. Of course a sane franchise wouldn't make the deal, but I could see the Knicks doing it

thephoenixson28
06-22-2017, 12:37 AM
I hope Phoenix gets him without giving up Chriss. Booker is untouchable. We have multiple picks, not to mention gets him out of the Eastern Conference.

Aust
06-22-2017, 12:39 AM
I'd pass. Like I said, not giving up 3 highest upside pieces. Porzingis is awesome but not that awesome IMO.

I'd pass too. I'm not fully sold on his durability to give up those assets.

ruckus16969
06-22-2017, 12:42 AM

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Horford
Porzingis/Zizic

You my friend are out of your mind lol. Just playing.

I'd love to get the kid but that price is way to gigh

shep33
06-22-2017, 02:56 AM
Woj said there is no traction to the Phoenix deal. Suns absolutely not giving up Booker.

eDush
06-22-2017, 05:57 AM
Bender was the youngest player in the NBA last year I think. Dude has plenty of potential and has a fair amount of value. That Chriss - Bender - 4 offer is pretty solid if true. Of course a sane franchise wouldn't make the deal, but I could see the Knicks doing itTalk about Garbage. No Booker, no deal!
:no:

homie564
06-22-2017, 07:41 AM
You my friend are out of your mind lol. Just playing.

I'd love to get the kid but that price is way to gigh

High? I'd trade more than that to get KP..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
06-22-2017, 08:11 AM
IDK Jonathan Bender seems like an injury risk, maybe if they throw in Jeff Foster

Jetsguy
06-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Does Dragan Bender have any actual trade value? Understood he was the #4 pick last year, but that was also a historically weak draft. 35.4/27.7/36.4 is just god awful efficiency. I know he's a project, but off the top of my head these numbers have got to be among the worst percentages I have seen. Also, the #4 pick doesn't give you a crack at the consensus top 3 prospects in this draft. Pretty underwhelming return if you ask me. But then again, I guess I might be perceived as a biased Knick fan.

I agree, terrible value for Knicks.

Greet
06-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Say the Knicks offer Porzingis to 76ers for Embiid, SAC 2018 pick, and a top 5 protected 1st (in lets say 2019).

Does either team turn this deal down? What if the top 5 protected pick was Saric instead?

Pierzynski4Prez
06-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Say the Knicks offer Porzingis to 76ers for Embiid, SAC 2018 pick, and a top 5 protected 1st (in lets say 2019).

Does either team turn this deal down? What if the top 5 protected pick was Saric instead?

I think Philly declines that trade even if just KP for Embiid straight up.

Greet
06-22-2017, 11:43 AM
I think Philly declines that trade even if just KP for Embiid straight up.

That, to me, is a crazy concept. While it might be true, I guess my brain cant really comprehend why.

warfelg
06-22-2017, 11:43 AM
No way I do any deal including Embiid.

LA4life24/8
06-22-2017, 12:03 PM
If im LA i trade #2+randle for kp straight up

or if they wanna kill two birds w one stone

#2+deng+randle for kp/melo

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2017, 12:06 PM
That, to me, is a crazy concept. While it might be true, I guess my brain cant really comprehend why.

Embiid will get injured again next year and it's all downhill from there..... I mean, I hope he doesn't get injured but I think it's going to happen... again..

Alayla
06-22-2017, 12:41 PM

I'd do the bolded in a heartbeat but no chance we trade Embiid+ for Porzingis I'd rather as more than most would put it sink or swim with Embiid as he has the higher ceiling.

JLynn943
06-22-2017, 01:10 PM

Can't happen. The Sixers don't have the Kings 2018 pick. The Kings do. The Sixers have the rights to the Kings 2019 pick, but since it is included in the stipulations for the trade up to #1 this year, the Kings pick can't be traded until that is resolved. Sixers could only trade that pick if the Celtics end up with the Lakers pick from them instead, and that won't be determined until next year.

Jetsguy
06-22-2017, 01:21 PM
Not that Embiid and Porz aren't ok parameters for a trade its just with Embiids injury history you could never give up a piece like Porz for that big a question mark. Nowhere near worth the risk

aman_13
06-22-2017, 01:27 PM
You don't trade a player like KP. This is just crazy talk.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-22-2017, 01:36 PM
I dont think either team says yes to an Embiid for Porzingis swap.

Embiid's health would scare of the Knicks. And Embiid is Philly. Fans love him, dude is synonymous with everything Philly has been working towards.

AllBall
06-22-2017, 01:50 PM

Jetsguy
06-22-2017, 01:55 PM

Other GM's are the only thing that can save Knicks fans from Phil

da ThRONe
06-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Other GM's are the only thing that can save Knicks fans from Phil

I don't understand how anyone can say this. I'm not a Jackson fan I think he's the most overrated coach and thus far a terrible president. However if his asking price is so high teams like Boston oosing assets don't want to pay up Phil understands Porzingis value and the fact that he holds the upper hand right now.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Trading KP isn't ridiculous IMO. Guy seems to have a questionable attitude. He's proven he can play but he is far from a perfect player. I don't see the ability to be a franchise player and lead a team to a title. I see a good second or even third guy on a great team.

That's worth a very high return but isn't a guy you can't even consider moving.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 02:39 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-price-porzingis-high-celtics-article-1.3269298?utm_content=buffer45856&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

According to a Knicks source, Jackson is asking for the third overall pick in Thursday's draft as well as next year's Brooklyn pick along with Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder. This version of the deal would not include Boston taking on Joakim Noah's contract.

Replace Brown with Smart and deal.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-22-2017, 02:42 PM
This doesn't seem too outlandish. Obviously, I'd prefer this be a tad more in house. But at the end of the day, there isnt anything wrong with taking calls on players.

According to reports, they were asking for Crowder, Brown, and both Brooklyn 1st. If Boston accepts that (they won't), than what a great move by Phil.

If Boston doesn't accept (which they shouldnt), than the Knicks keep KP, and all is right in the world.

Jamiecballer
06-22-2017, 02:43 PM
IDK Jonathan Bender seems like an injury risk, maybe if they throw in Jeff Foster
Lol you got me again!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

homie564
06-22-2017, 02:48 PM
This doesn't seem too outlandish. Obviously, I'd prefer this be a tad more in house. But at the end of the day, there isnt anything wrong with taking calls on players.

According to reports, they were asking for Crowder, Brown, and both Brooklyn 1st. If Boston accepts that (they won't), than what a great move by Phil.

If Boston doesn't accept (which they shouldnt), than the Knicks keep KP, and all is right in the world.

It's not that far off. I think if they replace the 2018 Brooklyn pick with another lesser asset or Brown with a lesser asset you have a deal

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 02:50 PM
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877959174537101312

Sources: BOS offered NYK its No. 3 pick, a player & an additional lottery pick that they think they can acquire tonight in a trade for KP.

I wonder if we'd do that lottery pick deal anyway.

Based on the report of them asking for Brown/Crowder already, I have to think the deal they can make for a lottery pick would be involving Bradley.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 02:59 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/877961334859722752

Boston Celtics have spoken to the Minnesota Timberwolves about acquiring the 7th pick in the draft, league sources told Basketball Insiders.

I bet we're doing that deal for DSJ anyway, even if it's not dealt for Porzingis.

If you're Phil and you can get Jackson, Crowder, Markkanen for Porzinigs along with drafting Frank N at #8 I think that's a hell of a start to his beloeved triangle offense...

Frank
Jackson
Crowder
Markkanen
Willy H

C-ross12
06-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Crowder, Brown, the 3 and next years BRK pick is too much. I would offer 3, Crowder, Rozier and the LAL, our first or MEM next year. They probably say no but I think thats more in line. That original offer would land NYK Crowder, Brown, Jackson and possibly Porter Jr/Ayton/Bamba. Just too steep.

Hustla23
06-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Lol stop putting Crowder in these deals. Crowder doesn't mean crap to a rebuilding team.

Phil wants #3 + BKN pick + Brown. Anything less shouldn't even be entertained.

Green_Monster
06-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Lol stop putting Crowder in these deals. Crowder doesn't mean crap to a rebuilding team.

Not happening. Kristaps is good but not THAT good. Advanced stats don't like him anywhere near as much as the hype he gets.

C-ross12
06-22-2017, 03:35 PM

I've read that the Knicks really liked Crowder. The Knicks should ask for the moon for KP. But their not going to get everything from the Celtics.

Wade n Fade
06-22-2017, 03:36 PM
#3, another first (even if mid first), and Brown is a great get for the Knicks. I would trade #3 to move down for Dennis Smith Jr (around 6-8), stockpile assets, and develop younger pieces. This is how the Knicks can stop being a dumpster fire.

Greet
06-22-2017, 03:38 PM
A. Sherrod Blakely‏Verified account @SherrodbCSN 1m
Sources: @celtics trying to get No.7 pick from T-Wolves for @nyknicks who have an eye on Lauri Markkanen. #Celticstalk

C-ross12
06-22-2017, 03:40 PM
I dont see much of a fit for the Celtics and #7 deal. 7 is probably too much value for any of Smart, Crowder or Bradley. Maybe two of them for the 7?

eDush
06-22-2017, 03:43 PM
I dont see much of a fit for the Celtics and #7 deal. 7 is probably too much value for any of Smart, Crowder or Bradley. Maybe two of them for the 7?I do it for IT and Horford:nod:

AllBall
06-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Trading KP isn't ridiculous IMO. Guy seems to have a questionable attitude.

All of a sudden KP is Demarcus Cousins? lol, yeah, ok.

KnickaBocka.44
06-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Brown, Crowder and #3(Jackson) is not enticing to me whatsoever. We have no need for 3 SF's when we haven't even been able to get rid of Melo yet.

SteBO
06-22-2017, 03:52 PM
All of a sudden KP is Demarcus Cousins? lol, yeah, ok.
Skipping out on an exit meeting is disrespectful and shows a lack of maturity, even understanding that's exactly what the Phil and the Knicks deserve.

C-ross12
06-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Brown, Crowder and #3(Jackson) is not enticing to me whatsoever. We have no need for 3 SF's when we haven't even been able to get rid of Melo yet.

Really? All three should be average to possibly well above average players. I know you Knicks fans are use to losing.. But if you get those three you might actually start winning some games.

Harryks
06-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Not happening. Kristaps is good but not THAT good. Advanced stats don't like him anywhere near as much as the hype he gets.

Name me at least 2 players you could compare KP with...???

7 ft 3 inches tall, shoots from about anyware, protects the rim, athletic, can run up and down the court, can beat you of the dribble, post you up , great work ethic, eats and seeps on the gym and is only just 21 years old???

Ill make it easier... name to me just OnE player in the NBa with that skill set???

Ill give my hole team for a player like Porzingis...

colinskik
06-22-2017, 04:01 PM

Same. I'd much rather hold on to KP. Or maneuver ourselves into another pick on top of the #3.

R. Johnson#3
06-22-2017, 04:02 PM
If Phil trade Proz he'll probably blame it on Melo.

Harryks
06-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Only way I trade Porzingis is if Melo goes with him...

Melo, KP for #3, Brk2018 1st, J Brown, Crowder, Bradley

Boston can then sign Hayward and then have a hell of a team

IThomas
GHayward
CAnthony
KPorzingis
AHorford

Harryks
06-22-2017, 04:05 PM
if phil trade proz he'll probably blame it on melo.

lmfao

Oakmont_4
06-22-2017, 04:06 PM
High? I'd trade more than that to get KP..

Glad you're not the GM

AllBall
06-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Skipping out on an exit meeting is disrespectful and shows a lack of maturity, even understanding that's exactly what the Phil and the Knicks deserve.

That warrants a public fiasco by Phil? I'm sure this is the right way to go about things. :rolleyes:

bucketss
06-22-2017, 04:11 PM
i remember someone on here said kristaps floor was dirk now hes on the trading block lol.

Vinylman
06-22-2017, 04:13 PM
Phil is just trolling Ainge to see how far he will go

LongIslandIcedZ
06-22-2017, 04:13 PM
i remember someone on here said kristaps floor was dirk now hes on the trading block lol.

Whats the correlation? He clearly isn't on the block because of his ability.

Granted, that guy who thought his floor was Dirk, was clearly crazy.

JWorthy42
06-22-2017, 04:22 PM
The Knicks organization, since Patrick Ewing's retirement, has been the laughing stock of the NBA. Here they are, they finally drafted a quality player with real promise...but they are actively shopping him over some internal drama.

Why is PJ sabotaging the team's future? I am not defending KP's behavior, but lets be real, if you're dealing with a talent like Porzingis you should try catering to him, not alienating him. Especially in today's NBA where players change teams like used condoms.

Aust
06-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Dave McMenamin‏ @mcten

Source familiar with the talks between NYK & BOS told ESPN that NY's demands for Porzingis are "ridiculous"

Shut up Ainge

nyknicks1969
06-22-2017, 04:25 PM
I think Boston blinks.

KnickaBocka.44
06-22-2017, 04:27 PM
Really? All three should be average to possibly well above average players. I know you Knicks fans are use to losing.. But if you get those three you might actually start winning some games.

But they can't all play. It doesn't make sense, especially when Melo won't waive his NTC and will be here for another 1-2 years.

AllBall
06-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Why is PJ sabotaging the team's future? I am not defending KP's behavior, but lets be real, if you're dealing with a talent like Porzingis you should try catering to him, not alienating him. Especially in today's NBA where players change teams like used condoms.

Rumors say Phil is trying to get fired because the Knicks would have to keep paying him.

C-ross12
06-22-2017, 04:30 PM
But they can't all play. It doesn't make sense, especially when Melo won't waive his NTC and will be here for another 1-2 years.

Brown can play the 2/3. Brown can play the 3 / small ball 4. There would be plenty of minutes, especially if NYK went Fox at 3.

Aust
06-22-2017, 04:33 PM
gary washburn‏ @GwashburnGlobe

NBA source with knowledge of talks says 1) Phil's asking price is very high for Porzingis and 2) doesn't think anything happens w #Celtics

I hope so

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Shut up Ainge

Yesterday I said I would pass if it takes Brown, #3, 2018 BRK pick, Crowder. You said you agreed. That's what it's rumored to take for him. Ainge should pass on that IMO.

Hustla23
06-22-2017, 04:41 PM

Based on what? Very few players have outstanding OWS or ORtg in their first or second years and these stats completely discount the player's defense (which in KP's case is elite if you look at per possession situational defensive stats.) KP's value is based on his physical attributes and what he profiles as. I don't expect him to be elite efficiency wise until next year or maybe beyond that.

Well, that's what it'll take and Phil doesn't seem like he's budging. I don't think Ainge would do any deal that includes more than 2 of BKN pick/Brown/#3 so probably nothing will happen.

Green_Monster
06-22-2017, 04:44 PM

7 ft 3 inches tall, shoots from about anyware, protects the rim, athletic, can run up and down the court, can beat you of the dribble, post you up , great work ethic, eats and seeps on the gym and is only just 21 years old???

Ill make it easier... name to me just OnE player in the NBa with that skill set???

Just because he has a unique skill set doesn't make him better than more traditional players. Take a look at his advanced stats and then come back to me.

He's good, very good. He's just not at the level that most of you think he is.

Oefarmy2005
06-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Wolves would like to offer #7 and Andew Wiggins(not the real wolves, just myself, hypothetically).

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Based on what? Very few players have outstanding OWS or ORtg in their first or second years and these stats completely discount the player's defense (which in KP's case is elite if you look at per possession situational defensive stats.) KP's value is based on his physical attributes and what he profiles as. I don't expect him to be elite efficiency wise until next year or maybe beyond that.

Well, that's what it'll take and Phil doesn't seem like he's budging. I don't think Ainge would do any deal that includes more than 2 of BKN pick/Brown/#3 so probably nothing will happen.

Agreed.

AllBall
06-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Just because he has a unique skill set doesn't make him better than more traditional players. Take a look at his advanced stats and then come back to me.

He's good, very good. He's just not at the level that most of you think he is.

I agree with this. NY media hype is strong.

Oefarmy2005
06-22-2017, 04:48 PM

KAT and Anthony Davis say HI, that's about it.

homie564
06-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Glad you're not the GM

We get KP without giving up Brown. #3, BRK 2018, Crowder seems pretty fair to me. You still have the Lakers pick next year/2019 Sac pick plus all of the other insane amount of picks we have. If we can then sign Heyward, the team is young and very very good, with upside to get much better through more assets

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 04:52 PM
I'm interested in that supposed lottery pick Boston thinks they can get. I'd be interested in that even without Porzingis.

homie564
06-22-2017, 05:01 PM
My personal opinion is anything essentially that doesn't involve all three of #3, Brown, and the 2018 BRK pick should be a go

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-22-2017, 05:08 PM
http://nypost.com/2017/06/22/bucks-owners-daughter-recruits-porzingis-with-strong-twitter-game/

Come on Bucks you can do it!