PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Pau Gasol to decline 16.2m option with Spurs

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA

For the Spurs, this is a way to get salary cap relief on the 2017-18 roster. Gasol will return on a smaller annual salary.

Spurs going to start becoming serious players in this market?

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 10:34 AM
Gasol on a reduced deal, if Parker retires, the Spurs move Danny Green, they may be able to bring in CP3 and then try and trade for a Jimmy butler

Tg11
06-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Gasol is he willing to take less money? If he isn't and he ends up leaving the Spurs where can he realistically go though?

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 10:54 AM
This is huge, what a fortunate turn of events for the Spurs. If Lee also opts out and they renounce every FA but Simmons and Dedmon, the Spurs would have about $20M in cap space. Even if they have to waive/stretch Parker, that would clear another $10M.

$30M of cap space with the ability to resign Simmons and Dedmon over the cap? Could be a fun offseason, for SA. Would mean losing Patty Mills, but they obviously only renounce his $6.8M rights to sign a PG.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 10:58 AM
Plus if Gasol leaves as well as clearing cap space for Tony Parker then they would have to get rid of Parker unless Parker takes a pay cut and stays

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 10:59 AM
Emiliano Carchia @Sportando
about 8 minutes ago
Spurs' David Lee to decline his $1.6 million player option sportando.com/en/usa/nba/237

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Making a move for CP3.. nice

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 11:14 AM
This is huge, what a fortunate turn of events for the Spurs. If Lee also opts out and they renounce every FA but Simmons and Dedmon, the Spurs would have about $20M in cap space. Even if they have to waive/stretch Parker, that would clear another $10M.

$30M of cap space with the ability to resign Simmons and Dedmon over the cap? Could be a fun offseason, for SA. Would mean losing Patty Mills, but they obviously only renounce his $6.8M rights to sign a PG.

They only have non-Bird rights on Dedmon. They can go over the cap for him but only up to 120% of his previous contract. Considering it was a minimum deal that's really not worth anything. Unless he'll leave probably $8-10M on the table and take like under $2M with the Spurs he'll be gone.

I guess they could use the room exception on him but that's still a huge cut likely and he's never been paid before. Also not exactly young at 27. Can't see it.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Emiliano Carchia @Sportando
about 8 minutes ago
Spurs' David Lee to decline his $1.6 million player option sportando.com/en/usa/nba/237

Only saves them about $800K since him leaving opens up an extra roster spot hold. But every little bit helps.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 11:17 AM
They only have non-Bird rights on Dedmon. They can go over the cap for him but only up to 120% of his previous contract. Considering it was a minimum deal that's really not worth anything. Unless he'll leave probably $8-10M on the table and take like under $2M with the Spurs he'll be gone.

I guess they could use the room exception on him but that's still a huge cut likely and he's never been paid before. Also not exactly young at 27. Can't see it.

Good point. Clear an additional $3M from his cap hold then. The MLE would be in play for him too though, no? They could always bring him back that way, since it's about $9M now.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Good point. Clear an additional $3M from his cap hold then. The MLE would be in play for him too though, no? They could always bring him back that way, since it's about $9M now.

You don't get a MLE if you operate below the cap. Just a room exception.

Also, it's not $3M cleared. It's $2.2M. Every player gone is another roster spot hold so subtract $800K from the savings. That adds up.

mrblisterdundee
06-20-2017, 11:35 AM
I think Gasol realizes the Spurs might be his best chance at another championship. They still don't have nearly the cap space for Paul, even if they stretch Parker's contract out to $5 million per season for three years. Even Lowry would be difficult to add without gutting the bench. Maybe if Hayward leaves for Boston, San Antonio can nab Hill. He's a good fit, provides shooting and defense and will cost less.

Vinylman
06-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Gasoft gonna join the other Vaginas on Golden State...

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 11:45 AM
I think Gasol realizes the Spurs might be his best chance at another championship. They still don't have nearly the cap space for Paul, even if they stretch Parker's contract out to $5 million per season for three years. Even Lowry would be difficult to add without gutting the bench. Maybe if Hayward leaves for Boston, San Antonio can nab Hill. He's a good fit, provides shooting and defense and will cost less.

I'd bet Hill would go back to SA regardless of if Hayward leaves or not.

Scoots
06-20-2017, 01:56 PM

If he'll take the minimum to play 10 minutes a game I think he'd work okay.

TrueFan420
06-20-2017, 02:35 PM
If he'll take the minimum to play 10 minutes a game I think he'd work okay.

He'd be a great replacement to west. Pau is a fantastic passer from the high post. He'd rack up assists even in a limited role.

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2017, 03:27 PM
Very respectable move by Gasol, as that is a lot of dough to leave on the counter. Fits his character, though. I have a feeling this means he will stay with the Spurs. If they could get some real firepower, they could win a championship and Gasol would have his moments I'm sure. :clap:

Greet
06-20-2017, 03:34 PM
I'm hoping the Nets try and take advantage and offer Simmons a big contract out of the gate, that would force the hand of the Spurs.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 08:55 PM
You don't get a MLE if you operate below the cap. Just a room exception.

Also, it's not $3M cleared. It's $2.2M. Every player gone is another roster spot hold so subtract $800K from the savings. That adds up.

You get the MLE as soon as you fill the cap, which they obviously would in this scenario. Maybe they use it on Pau instead of Dedmon to return the favor, actually.

Kawhi, Aldridge, Green, Anderson, Bertans, Forbes, Murray = $56,419,172
#29 pick rookie scale salary = $1,017,800
5 cap holds to reach 13 players @ $800,000/ea = $4,000,000
Dead money from stretched Parker, Duncan and Jean-Charles = $8,067,492

Total = $69,504,464 against a $101,000,000 cap = $31,495,536 of cap space

Simmons also only has the early-Bird's rights, so he likely isn't back either. Use the MLE on Pau, Dedmon or Simmons - probably Pau.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 08:59 PM
Basically, if Chris Paul comes for a little less than his max then he is on the table. If not, they probably do the Spurs thing and focus on resigning some combination of Simmons, Mills and Dedmon instead while waiting for next offseason when an enormous amount of cap clears.

TrueFan420
06-20-2017, 10:00 PM
You get the MLE as soon as you fill the cap, which they obviously would in this scenario. Maybe they use it on Pau instead of Dedmon to return the favor, actually.

Simmons also only has the early-Bird's rights, so he likely isn't back either. Use the MLE on Pau, Dedmon or Simmons - probably Pau.
Why is Duncan on the stretch list? He retired they owe him whatever his deal had left but none of it is on the cap.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Why is Duncan on the stretch list? He retired they owe him whatever his deal had left but none of it is on the cap.

He's listed as having a small amount of dead cap on Spotrac. $5.1M of that money is from Parker.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Wasn't this supposed to be his last year? Can't they just give him the same money over 2-3 years then pay him anyway when he retires. So they just spread the cap hit.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 10:14 PM
Wasn't this supposed to be his last year? Can't they just give him the same money over 2-3 years then pay him anyway when he retires. So they just spread the cap hit.

If they fail to attract Paul, I imagine they will.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:55 PM
If they fail to attract Paul, I imagine they will.

I feel like regardless of if they land him he has to be getting some sort of deal like that. He doesn't opt out unless it's to help them in FA pursuits and SA is an honorable organization - they'll take care of him regardless of what happens in FA IMO.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:57 PM

Oh wow that's awesome.

Helps the Celtics a lot of their plan is to trade for Butler and sign Hayward like has been rumored.

lol, please
06-21-2017, 11:42 PM
Only saves them about $800K since him leaving opens up an extra roster spot hold. But every little bit helps.

Why? And for what specifically?

I don't see how losing Pau is such a positive thing, cap space or not, is he not an impactful enough player to want to keep around? At PF or even C, there aren't that many better players at that position. And by that many, I mean more than 6-8.

JWorthy42
06-22-2017, 02:35 AM
Pau always classy.

jaydubb
06-22-2017, 04:23 AM
I have much respect if he resigns with San Antonio at a lower rate and a great loss of respect if he decides to join golden state

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 11:50 AM

Looked into this more and I don't think they do get the MLE:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q26

26. How do exceptions count against the cap? Does being under the cap always mean that a team has room to sign free agents? Do teams ever lose their exceptions?

If a team is below the cap, then its Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level (either the Taxpayer or Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level, whichever applies to the team) and/or trade exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap1. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question number 39). A team can't act like it's under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or trade exceptions. Consequently, the exceptions are added to their team salary (putting the team over the cap) if the team is under the cap and adding the exceptions puts them over the cap. If a team is already over the cap, then the exceptions are not added to their team salary. There would be no point in doing so, since there is no cap room for signing free agents.

So being under the cap does not necessarily mean a team has room to sign free agents. For example, assume the cap is $58 million, and a team has $51.5 million committed to salaries. They also have a Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception for $5 million and a trade exception for $5.5 million. Even though their salaries put them $6.5 million under the cap, their exceptions also count toward their team salary, increasing their total to $62 million, or $4 million over the cap. So the team actually has no cap room to sign free agents, and instead must use its exceptions to sign players.

Teams have the option to renounce their exceptions in order to reclaim their cap room. So in the example above, if the team renounced their Traded Player and Mid-Level exceptions, then the $10.5 million is taken off their team salary, which then totals $51.5 million, leaving them with $6.5 million of cap room which then can be used to sign free agent(s).

Starting January 10 (February 10 in 2011-12) of each season, the Mid-Level (Non-Taxpayer, Taxpayer and Room), Bird (Larry Bird, Early Bird and Non-Bird) and Bi-Annual exceptions begin to pro-rate2 (reduce in value). For example, if there are 170 days in the season, then these exceptions reduce in value each day by 1/170 of the amount remaining on January 10. So if a team had a $5 million Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception and spent $1 million before the start of the season, then on January 10, and each day thereafter, it would reduce in value by 1/170 of $4 million, or $23,529. If the team signs another player on February 1 for $1 million, the daily pro-ration would still be 1/170 of $4 million.

A team's exceptions may be lost entirely, or the team may never receive them to begin with. This happens when their team salary is so low that when the exceptions are added to the team salary, the sum is still below the salary cap. If this happens when the exceptions arise, then the team doesn't get their exceptions at all. If the team salary ever drops below this level during the year, then any unused portions of their exceptions are lost (and do not return if the team salary increases).

For example, assume there is a $58 million salary cap, and during the offseason a team has $50 million committed to salaries, along with a Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception for $5 million, a trade exception for $2.5 million, and an unrenounced free agent whose free agent amount is $2 million. Their salaries and exceptions total $59.5 million, or $1.5 million over the cap. What if their free agent signs with another team? The $2 million free agent amount comes off their cap, so their team salary (including their remaining exceptions) drops to $57.5 million. This total is below the cap so the team loses its Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level and trade exceptions.

There is logic behind this. The whole idea behind an "exception" is that it is an exception to the rule which says a team cannot go over the salary cap. In other words, an exception is a mechanism which allows a team to function above the cap. If a team isn't over the cap, then the concept of an exception is moot. Therefore, if a team's team salary ever drops this far, its exceptions go away. A rule of thumb is that a team may have either exceptions or cap room, but it can't have both at the same time. However, a team in this situation does qualify to use the Room Mid-Level exception (see question number 25).

1 This is just for determining a team's ability to sign free agents and use salary cap exceptions. It has no effect on such things as the luxury tax.
2 The Traded Player and Disabled Player exceptions do not pro-rate in this manner. The Minimum Salary exception also pro-rates, beginning on the first day of the regular season.

In order to use their cap space the Spurs will need to renounce the MLE.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2017, 12:57 PM
So Spurs have like $31M in cap to sign CP3. Do they still try and trade unhappy Aldridge? Green on the trade block as well.

Jenceman
06-23-2017, 01:28 PM

You just gonna disrespect a Laker great like that? For shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 01:34 PM
So Spurs have like $31M in cap to sign CP3. Do they still try and trade unhappy Aldridge? Green on the trade block as well.

It's a little bit less than that:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/cap/

Just based on the active contracts plus the cap hold for their 1st rounder (White) they have $25,723,102 of space below the $99M cap. And that's with 8 players plus one cap hold (9 total). There are $815,615 roster space holds for each spot below 12. They have 9 and CP3 would be 10th. That means you need to subtract out two cap holds from their cap space, which brings them down to $24,091,872 that they can offer CP3 in year one.

His max is 35% of the $99M cap, or $34,650,000. Can't expect him to take that much less and smaller raises and no 5th year at $40M+ for a late 30s season. All told he could be leaving $75M on the table with a 4 year Spurs deal plus whatever he signs for 4 years from now to make up that 5th year.

To even make that cap space will require them renouncing Simmons, Dedmon and Mills. And they don't have full bird rights on Simmons/Dedmon so even if they cleared room for the cap holds they can't go over the cap to pay them fair market value.

Also, you have to think there's some handshake agreement with Pau for him to opt out and re-sign on a multi-year deal so that when he retires after the year they can pay him the rest and have his cap hit spread out over multiple years. Once they use cap space they'll have to renounce the MLE and lose that. So they probably need to set aside $5-8M this year so they can give Pau his $16M on a 2-3 year deal out of cap space.

So really, doing out all the math I don't see anyway they can make it work without moving LMA. his $20M gives them the cap space to give CP3 his full max and take care of Pau.

The question is though, does adding CP3 push you over the top of GS if to make room you're losing LMA, Mills, Simmons, Dedmon? Lee and Manu might be come back for minimum deals but they could also be gone to retirement (Manu) or a $4M room exception offer elsewhere (Lee).

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Spurs need to force Parker's hands to take less.. If they want to get CP3 and fill up the gaps from Simmons, they should look into resigning Manu for minimum, have Parker take less, and I would keep laMarcus if you can get Cp3. If I am playing vs the Spurs, I would hate playing against Cp3+Kawhi. Two of the best perimeter defenders. Guarantee those two guys on defense can alone beat a team.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2017, 01:39 PM
Yes, please go to the Spurs.

kdspurman
06-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Spurs need to force Parker's hands to take less.. If they want to get CP3 and fill up the gaps from Simmons, they should look into resigning Manu for minimum, have Parker take less, and I would keep laMarcus if you can get Cp3. If I am playing vs the Spurs, I would hate playing against Cp3+Kawhi. Two of the best perimeter defenders. Guarantee those two guys on defense can alone beat a team.

I don't see them forcing anything with TP. Not for the sacrifices he's made for them

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 01:45 PM
It's a little bit less than that:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/cap/

Just based on the active contracts plus the cap hold for their 1st rounder (White) they have $25,723,102 of space below the $99M cap. And that's with 8 players plus one cap hold (9 total). There are $815,615 roster space holds for each spot below 12. They have 9 and CP3 would be 10th. That means you need to subtract out two cap holds from their cap space, which brings them down to $24,091,872 that they can offer CP3 in year one.

His max is 35% of the $99M cap, or $34,650,000. Can't expect him to take that much less and smaller raises and no 5th year at $40M+ for a late 30s season. All told he could be leaving $75M on the table with a 4 year Spurs deal plus whatever he signs for 4 years from now to make up that 5th year.

To even make that cap space will require them renouncing Simmons, Dedmon and Mills. And they don't have full bird rights on Simmons/Dedmon so even if they cleared room for the cap holds they can't go over the cap to pay them fair market value.

Also, you have to think there's some handshake agreement with Pau for him to opt out and re-sign on a multi-year deal so that when he retires after the year they can pay him the rest and have his cap hit spread out over multiple years. Once they use cap space they'll have to renounce the MLE and lose that. So they probably need to set aside $5-8M this year so they can give Pau his $16M on a 2-3 year deal out of cap space.

So really, doing out all the math I don't see anyway they can make it work without moving LMA. his $20M gives them the cap space to give CP3 his full max and take care of Pau.

The question is though, does adding CP3 push you over the top of GS if to make room you're losing LMA, Mills, Simmons, Dedmon? Lee and Manu might be come back for minimum deals but they could also be gone to retirement (Manu) or a $4M room exception offer elsewhere (Lee).

In these calculations I forgot to include their dead money of $2,916,450. So their maximum 1st year salary to CP3 right now is actually $21,175,422.

The cap space max at the bottom of the Spotrac page doesn't include their 1st round pick cap hold or the roster spot cap holds, hence the difference in my calculations from theirs.

So right now they'd be asking CP3 to taking over $15M less per year over the next 4 and give up that 5th year at over $40M that he can get from LAC. So anywhere from $60 to $100M depending on what he'd be able to sign for in FA 4 years from now after his Spurs deal is up.

They can move Aldridge and be able to bring Pau back along with CP3 like I said.

They can also move Green, stretch Parker and get right up to CP3's max. But this requires letting Pau walk or sign him to the room exception of like 2 years, $8M if he'd go for it. Like I said, I think they have to have agreed to something with Pau for him to opt out of $16M that he won't get in FA this year.

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 02:16 PM

Parker is under contract. He can't take less .

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Any teams interested in Aldridge?

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Any teams interested in Aldridge?

I'm sure there are. It's a matter of what you can get for him though.

At the end of the day CP3>>>>>LMA. If it really comes down to it then you dump LMA for absolutely nothing if that's what it takes to make room for CP3.

nastynice
06-23-2017, 03:20 PM
Wow. Gasol a straight up idiot, lol. Holy ****, I bet his wife giving him hella grief!! lol

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 03:26 PM
Wow. Gasol a straight up idiot, lol. Holy ****, I bet his wife giving him hella grief!! lol

Yeah he'd be dumb to walk away from that much. Which is why i suspect there's a handshake deal where he'll get his money on a multi-year deal he retires from. That way he gets his and the Spurs spread the cap hit to create room this year.

Chronz
06-23-2017, 03:29 PM
I don't see them forcing anything with TP. Not for the sacrifices he's made for them

What ****ing sacrifices? Dude has cost them so much IMO

kdspurman
06-23-2017, 03:50 PM
What ****ing sacrifices? Dude has cost them so much IMO

He's sacrificed $ here to keep the core together. What he's getting now irks folks because his production doesn't equal his pay. But he's def helped the Spurs make it easier to get key guys

"I was talking with a couple of my friends and they were asking that. I was like, I don't know. I think it's just the atmosphere here, the family atmosphere. For me personally, why I did it was because, deep down in my heart I know Pop will take care of me until the end of my career. So that's why I felt like I can take less now and help the team out. And we were able to sign Danny [Green] and Boris [Diaw]. And I know when I get a little bit older, I know Pop will take care of me. I really feel that."

Quote is from 2012 I think. The bolded is what's happening now.. I can't fault them for taking care of him now. He could've tested FA at some point for sure

nastynice
06-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Yeah he'd be dumb to walk away from that much. Which is why i suspect there's a handshake deal where he'll get his money on a multi-year deal he retires from. That way he gets his and the Spurs spread the cap hit to create room this year.

I hope so. I find it mind blowing that people are respecting him for this. He gotta family, that's a lotta money he leaving on the table that his family could use. I got no respect for that ****, putting career or work relations above family, what I have for that is the complete opposite of respect

KB24PG16
06-23-2017, 05:41 PM
pau wants to win, hats off to him for being a team player and likely taking a paycut. now, lets see if chris paul really wants to win or just be a perennial loser making 200 mil for the clippers just as his banana boat buddy, melo, in new york.

kdspurman
06-23-2017, 06:16 PM
I hope so. I find it mind blowing that people are respecting him for this. He gotta family, that's a lotta money he leaving on the table that his family could use. I got no respect for that ****, putting career or work relations above family, what I have for that is the complete opposite of respect

Unless he's been smart with his $ (like other guys have) and him and his kids, and kids kids will bet set. Dude's made lots of $$ throughout his career.

TrueFan420
06-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Unless he's been smart with his $ (like other guys have) and him and his kids, and kids kids will bet set. Dude's made lots of $$ throughout his career.
No doubt and as one of the first huge Bball stars in the NBA from Spain he prob made some good money off of endorsements too especially during his LA years

nastynice
06-23-2017, 06:53 PM

$16 mill on the table is $16 mill on the table...

I mean it's his call, he can do as he pleases, but that's a pretty big thing to take off ur kids' plate

Speaking of being smart with ur money, that sixteen mill could realistically be turned into a 9 figure perpetual business..

kdspurman
06-23-2017, 06:53 PM
$16 mill on the table is $16 mill on the table...

I mean it's his call, he can do as he pleases, but that's a pretty big thing to take off ur kids' plate

Speaking of being smart with ur money, that sixteen mill could realistically be turned into a 9 figure perpetual business..

You seen what he's made over his NBA career?

And if they give him the same amt over a longer period, he'll still get that

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 07:01 PM
I never understood the sacrificing part. If you want to win, you have to sacrifice your money for better talent. Parker got championships and an opportunity to be on a competitive team in exchange for money. I'm not sure why the Spurs owe him anything. But hey, gotta make your money. At the end of the day, the franchise HAS to pay up anyways and they can't compete if you're expecting a payout like it's a pension. This was the same problem with Wade except I can understand from his POV that if they weren't getting any big names, he should be paid. Spurs need that money to close the gap on the Warriors.

nastynice
06-23-2017, 07:09 PM
You seen what he's made over his NBA career?

And if they give him the same amt over a longer period, he'll still get that

Yea, $16mill less than what he could have..

KD did the same ****. I would never leave the team that drafted me because they can put so much more. Would have to be an extreme negative work situation to get me out..

MrfadeawayJB
06-23-2017, 07:36 PM
Maybe he wants to play with pau in Memphis. That'd be kind of cool. Green and ZBO are free agents this summer, so Memphis has a little cash

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Maybe he wants to play with pau in Memphis. That'd be kind of cool. Green and ZBO are free agents this summer, so Memphis has a little cash

You guys have a little over $4M of cap. Green, Allen, Vince, Zbo all being FAs doesn't matter because you guys were over the cap to behin with.

You guys are actually in that in between zone where the MLE is more money than your cap space so you would use that anyway to offer him about $8M

Scoots
06-23-2017, 08:46 PM
As a Texan I can see the merits of living here above a lot of other NBA cities/states :)

Scoots
06-23-2017, 08:48 PM
I never understood the sacrificing part. If you want to win, you have to sacrifice your money for better talent. Parker got championships and an opportunity to be on a competitive team in exchange for money. I'm not sure why the Spurs owe him anything. But hey, gotta make your money. At the end of the day, the franchise HAS to pay up anyways and they can't compete if you're expecting a payout like it's a pension. This was the same problem with Wade except I can understand from his POV that if they weren't getting any big names, he should be paid. Spurs need that money to close the gap on the Warriors.

Put the old vets on salary as ambassadors to the community and the world and you can pay them whatever you want ... or they want, for as long as you want/they want.

TrueFan420
06-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Put the old vets on salary as ambassadors to the community and the world and you can pay them whatever you want ... or they want, for as long as you want/they want.

Hell hes old... offer him a post game job at whatever you want