PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler and 16th pick to Wolves for 7th overall pick, Lavine, & Dunn

Pages : [1] 2

WaDe03
06-19-2017, 11:18 PM

The Jimmy news is heating up with nowhere to put it so here's this thread.

The Cavs are still trying to get him after Griffin has left so I guess that had nothing to do with it. I see no way they can get him without Kyrie, just doesn't make sense.

Nikeman
06-19-2017, 11:22 PM
Saw we had one for Paul George. Trying to consolidate Butler threads going forward.

Anyway as of 10 minutes ago.

Sam Amico‏Verified account
@AmicoHoops

#Cavs continue to connect with #Bulls to gauge status of Jimmy Butler. Kevin Love said to be a movable option on Cavs part, per sources.

I just don't see how the Bulls cannot get better? The Celtics can start with the 3 and offer Bradley and tons more.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Don't see how they get him unless they offer up and Kyrie and even then I don't see it. Butler is much better than Love and while the gap is smaller there really isn't any debate he's better than Kyrie. Kyrie has the same contract situation so it's not like they get any benefit there. JB is more likely to stay especially consider the super max option they don't have with Kyrie. Love has an extra year but no way would they make the downgrade IMO. And any third team would just give up the package for Butler themselves instead of getting Love.

PG might be obtainable because of the rental status but I can't see Butler st all.

FlashBolt
06-19-2017, 11:27 PM
There's already a thread up. I'mma just get a mod to consolidate all the Cavs related news into a Cavs thread.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2017, 11:29 PM
There's already a thread up. I'mma just get a mod to consolidate all the Cavs related news into a Cavs thread.

I feel we should go by player. There are other teams involved for these guys. Cavs talk can go in the thread with all the other teams in on them.

WaDe03
06-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Don't see how they get him unless they offer up and Kyrie and even then I don't see it. Butler is much better than Love and while the gap is smaller there really isn't any debate he's better than Kyrie. Kyrie has the same contract situation so it's not like they get any benefit there. JB is more likely to stay especially consider the super max option they don't have with Kyrie. Love has an extra year but no way would they make the downgrade IMO. And any third team would just give up the package for Butler themselves instead of getting Love.

PG might be obtainable because of the rental status but I can't see Butler st all.

Yea the only way that there's a chance is if the trade is for Irving. That's the only way it can happen. I think the Bulls take it as they're obsessed with PGs and Kyrie is younger.

BKLYNpigeon
06-19-2017, 11:36 PM
If the lakers get Lebron they won't have money for PG.

A legit franchise should draft him and convince him to stay. You'll have his bird rights at least and offer the extra year.

mavwar53
06-19-2017, 11:46 PM
2 outcomes possible here.

Cavs trade Kyrie and some other asset for Butler. Maybe Kyrie and Thompson for Butler and Lopez.

Makes Cavs quite better but Bulls much younger. Lopez has a game outside of just dunking and can rebound well to make up for the loss of Thompson.

Or

Celtics trade young assets for Butler. If they are smart they try to make IT part of the deal to soften the blow on the young talent and gain a defensive PG in Bradley. The Celtics are better off without IT if they can and other offensive options. While I love This trade idea for the Celtics it's only worth it if they can get Hayward or Griffin to join.

Aust
06-19-2017, 11:46 PM
If the lakers get Lebron they won't have money for PG.

A legit franchise should draft him and convince him to stay. You'll have his bird rights at least and offer the extra year.

Lakers can afford both, just need to move Moz and Deng.

KobeOwnSU
06-19-2017, 11:51 PM
They could afford both if they trade for George this off-season and then wait until next off-season to resign him after signing LeBron.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2017, 03:17 AM
OKAY. I'mma say it. Again. What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. Garpax. And. The. Bulls. Front Office.

I have never seen a team more anxious to trade its best player.

You got a team that stole Wade from Miami, almost landed Carmelo a few summers ago, signed Rondo, traded away Derrick Rose and let bygones be bygones, then traded for about 10 more point guards (MCW included), then doghoused Rondo, only to make a late season push and claim the 8 seed with Rondo leading the way and Wade playing back from injury, only for Rondo to get hurt and have fans crying 'if we had Rondo we'd have won.'

Not with that front office...

So, here we go again. What the heck is the plan in Chicago? The team is almost as turbulent as the neighborhood. You got the Cavaliers ousting David Griffin, Jerry West joining the Clippers, but somehow there's been no shakeup with the Bulls (or the Knicks for that matter, but that's its own can of worms).

They seriously want to rebuild without Jimmy Butler? Are you serious? Without a dude that became a star when nobody expected it? Without the dude you just gave a big contract to and had fighting with Rose over the ball? And then you still hear things like "MCW is our backup point guard next year" and "Rondo should be back with us next year." It's just so scatterbrained.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 07:28 AM
Lakers can afford both, just need to move Moz and Deng.

Also need to let Randle walk as well to clear that cap hold. And then they each need to take a few million less each.

Scoots
06-20-2017, 07:45 AM
I feel we should go by player. There are other teams involved for these guys. Cavs talk can go in the thread with all the other teams in on them.

That level of detail should be reserved for the actual Cavs forum not the NBA forum.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-20-2017, 08:07 AM
Rumor is Butler to Cavs. Love to Suns. Picks and pieces from Suns and maybe Cavs back to Bulls. I read that from same article that Lowry plans on not being back with Raptors. But now a few teams are closed for business. Spurs don't want Lowry. 76ers moved up for Fultz.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 09:11 AM

Hopefully this isn't true, especially if Jimmy is traded. I have a hard time believing Wade won't follow if Jimmy is traded to the Cavs.

LA4life24/8
06-20-2017, 09:21 AM

Hopefully this isn't true, especially if Jimmy is traded. I have a hard time believing Wade won't follow if Jimmy is traded to the Cavs.

Even tho hes from (around) the chi he looks so weird in a bulls uni (even tho color wise very similar to heat lol)

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 10:22 AM
I almost get the vibe Wade is telling the Bulls if they trade Butler to Cleveland he would opt out but if they don't he will stay and kill their cap flexibility.

That leaves Chicago with only one more year of Jimmy Butler and almost puts them in an Indy situation.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 10:25 AM
If Wade is staying then will Jimmy Butler leave? If Butler stays then if the same core is kept they are going to have to build on that core for the Bulls but if Butler leaves the teams that he would make a great fit on would be the Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, Heat, Spurs or even the Pelicans

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Chicago Sports News‏ @ChiSportUpdates 16m16 minutes ago
More
BREAKING NEWS: Sources out of Cleveland say Jimmy Butler will push for trade to Cavs. ( Via Chicago Sun-Times)

Chicago Sports News‏ @ChiSportUpdates 15m15 minutes ago
More
LeBron James and Kyrie Irving have been reaching out to Jimmy Butler directly. ( Via Chicago Sun-Times)

Chicago Sports News‏ @ChiSportUpdates 7m7 minutes ago
More
Jimmy Butler has been in the ear of Kyle Lowry about coming to Chicago since the two played on Team USA last summer. (Via Chicago Sun-Times)

Tg11
06-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Butler if he reaches out to Lowry and Lowry actually left to go to Chicago I think that would be a monster move...think about it Butler, Lowry, Wade now that is a Big 3

pacofunk64
06-20-2017, 10:52 AM
If the Bulls trade Butler and don't get at least one of either Irving or Love then I am ****ing done with this team. The Bulls FO is quite possibly even worse than old man Jerry Krause.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 10:55 AM
If Butler leaves for Cleveland then him playing alongside LeBron and Kyrie the Cavs would most likely win yet another title but then again there is even talk about LeBron leaving

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:58 AM

Do we start threads for each bigger name player or just make a free agency thread? News is heating up with a lot of big name guys. Mods please advise.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Many news outlets now reporting Butler is pushing for Cavs trade

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Lmao, any team willing to sign Lowry is screwed. Check Playoffs history.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Butler if he reaches out to Lowry and Lowry actually left to go to Chicago I think that would be a monster move...think about it Butler, Lowry, Wade now that is a Big 3
Let's hit the brakes there buddy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tg11
06-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Butler to the Cavs actually sounds about right and not to mention if Butler is there if LeBron leaves then you can build around Butler and Kyrie but if LeBron stays and he, Butler and Kyrie are together that equals more chips for Cleveland

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Butler to the Cavs actually sounds about right and not to mention if Butler is there if LeBron leaves then you can build around Butler and Kyrie but if LeBron stays and he, Butler and Kyrie are together that equals more chips for Cleveland

Why would CHI move Butler for Love?

Why would a third team willing to give up assets CHI wants for Butler not just keep him for themselves rather than getting Love from CLE?

Tg11
06-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Well didn't the Cavs also reach out to PG-13 so if they lose out on Butler there is George still

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 12:09 PM
I think Butler has power here too. If he only wants the Cavs, I cannot see other teams give up a ton for a guy who doesn't even want to play there.

If the Suns broker this, and give up the #4 for Love,

Shump/4 to Chicago
Love to Phoenix
Butler to Cleveland

Love actually fits extremely well in Phoenix too.

Jayb587
06-20-2017, 12:23 PM
Why would CHI move Butler for Love?

Why would a third team willing to give up assets CHI wants for Butler not just keep him for themselves rather than getting Love from CLE?

Pho is going to be the idiots that help the deal and not get Butler in return

Timmmahhh
06-20-2017, 12:24 PM

Sweet the Bulls might get to the 2nd Round of the Playoffs! :up:

Tg11
06-20-2017, 12:24 PM
A 3-way trade of

Shumpert & #4 pick to the Bulls
Love to the Suns
Butler to the Cavs

It is a win win

IKnowHoops
06-20-2017, 12:25 PM

Every post you make, is in Wade's best interest. Lol

Timmmahhh
06-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Shumpert & 4th overall for Jimmy!?

I would hope the Bulls could at least get 3 assets in such deal (2 picks and player would be fine).

IKnowHoops
06-20-2017, 12:27 PM
I almost get the vibe Wade is telling the Bulls if they trade Butler to Cleveland he would opt out but if they don't he will stay and kill their cap flexibility.

That leaves Chicago with only one more year of Jimmy Butler and almost puts them in an Indy situation.

Yep, players are way smarter than we give them credit for...

And devious.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 12:29 PM
But if Butler left then Wade joining the Cavs makes sense he and LeBron would be reunited once again in Cleveland and not to mention Butler there too and Kyrie then that equals instant chip

Kyrie at PG, LeBron if he is SF then you would have to move him to SG and Butler at SF but then where does Wade play? Unless Wade comes off the bench

Wade staying in Chicago is the best option

IKnowHoops
06-20-2017, 12:36 PM
I thought I heard Suns would send a 4th and Bledsoe to the Bulls. That's not bad. And if Bulls also get Shump then it's more than a fair deal and works pretty well for everyone.

That's why deals like this happen boys. In this deal, everyone is happy.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 12:45 PM
But if Butler left then Wade joining the Cavs makes sense he and LeBron would be reunited once again in Cleveland and not to mention Butler there too and Kyrie then that equals instant chip

Kyrie at PG, LeBron if he is SF then you would have to move him to SG and Butler at SF but then where does Wade play? Unless Wade comes off the bench

Wade staying in Chicago is the best option

How is that his best option?

Irving
Wade
Butler
LeBron
TT

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Every post you make, is in Wade's best interest. Lol

I need him on a contender not surrounded by scrubs lol

IKnowHoops
06-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Here is what is going to happen...
...if a few things happen...

I think Gilbert wants to beat GS as much as Bron does. I think he is willing load up and create a super team that can beat the GS team.

So...

...if Cavs can pull off the Jimmy Butler deal, then that is when the domino effect will begin. (And I wouldn't be surprised if a few teams/coaches/league is in on this. I think they are going to ride this super team thing for a few more years, then create rules to destroy them. But back to my point.)

You here of this D-wade rumors of leaving. You hear of Melo being bought out. You hear of Paul George saying he is going to go to the Lakers. If Butler gets to the Cavs, then all three of these guys will end up joining him for the battle royal. And I think Gilbert is down to make it all happen as a once in a lifetime opportunity.

PG Kyrie/D Will
SG Butler/Wade
SF George/Korver
PF Melo/Bosh
C Lebron/Frye

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 12:53 PM
Here is what is going to happen...
...if a few things happen...

I think Gilbert wants to beat GS as much as Bron does. I think he is willing load up and create a super team that can beat the GS team.

So...

...if Cavs can pull off the Jimmy Butler deal, then that is when the domino effect will begin. (And I wouldn't be surprised if a few teams/coaches/league is in on this. I think they are going to ride this super team thing for a few more years, then create rules to destroy them. But back to my point.)

You here of this D-wade rumors of leaving. You hear of Melo being bought out. You hear of Paul George saying he is going to go to the Lakers. If Butler gets to the Cavs, then all three of these guys will end up joining him for the battle royal. And I think Gilbert is down to make it all happen as a once in a lifetime opportunity.

PG Kyrie/D Will
SG Butler/Wade
SF George/Korver
PF Melo/Bosh
C Lebron/Frye

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Is this lineup playing in the NBA or the Drew League?

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 12:54 PM
How is that his best option?

Irving
Wade
Butler
LeBron
TT

Wade should take a paycut if he wants to be on a contender.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Shumpert & 4th overall for Jimmy!?

I would hope the Bulls could at least get 3 assets in such deal (2 picks and player would be fine).

Don't you know? Teams want to mess their own **** up to help the Cavs. Cavs will give up the least valuable asset while receiving the best asset in the trade. Makes sense. Is Billy King the Suns GM? Somebody check.

Silent
06-20-2017, 01:35 PM
No ****ing way are the Bulls gonna help the Cavs

Vee-Rex
06-20-2017, 02:51 PM
No ****ing way are the Bulls gonna help the Cavs

You should know better than most to never put anything past GarPax. Those dudes are some idiots.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Celtics have the best package for Butler.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 02:59 PM
CSN Wizards‏Verified account @CSNWizards 2m2 minutes ago
More
Stephen A. Smith said that the #Sixers declined a trade for #Bulls Jimmy Butler: http://bit.ly/2sufJLs

Vee-Rex
06-20-2017, 03:06 PM
Celtics have the best package for Butler.

They have the best package for anyone.

RowBTrice
06-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Why would the Bulls trade for anything other than numerous high picks?

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Why would the Bulls trade for anything other than numerous high picks?

Because those packages probably aren't out there. If you're a team with high picks you're most likely bad which means selling the farm for a Butler type gets you no where in the grand scheme of things - just a borderline playoff squad. And the teams at the top of the NBA who would love him don't have premium trade chips.

BOS is in that middle ground but Butler doesn't really move the needle. We're that far behind the top 3 of the NBA (GS, CLE, SA) that you can argue adding Butler makes the Celtics better on the court but still doesn't even change their league-wide ranking.

Now depending on what moves BOS can pull off in combination with a Butler trade that could change.

PHX and MIN are interesting possibilities because they have the assets and he'd probably push them to being playoff contenders. Championship contenders - lol not even close. But maybe getting that playoff experience and revenue is worth it.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Because those packages probably aren't out there. If you're a team with high picks you're most likely bad which means selling the farm for a Butler type gets you no where in the grand scheme of things - just a borderline playoff squad. And the teams at the top of the NBA who would love him don't have premium trade chips.

BOS is in that middle ground but Butler doesn't really move the needle. We're that far behind the top 3 of the NBA (GS, CLE, SA) that you can argue adding Butler makes the Celtics better on the court but still doesn't even change their league-wide ranking.

Now depending on what moves BOS can pull off in combination with a Butler trade that could change.

PHX and MIN are interesting possibilities because they have the assets and he'd probably push them to being playoff contenders. Championship contenders - lol not even close. But maybe getting that playoff experience and revenue is worth it.

If true that butler wants the Cavs, why would the Celtics give up heavy assets for a guy that does not want to even be there..

You have to trade for people that wanna be with you, especislly when heavy assets are involved.

MassoDio
06-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Trading Butler now would be the smart move for the Bulls....which means that GarPax won't trade him. The Bulls have such an incredibly inept from office.

MassoDio
06-20-2017, 05:22 PM
If true that butler wants the Cavs, why would the Celtics give up heavy assets for a guy that does not want to even be there..

You have to trade for people that wanna be with you, especislly when heavy assets are involved.

Because it doesn't matter if Butler wants to be there or not. He has two years left on his deal (Plus a player option a year later.) at a reasonable price, in today's NBA economics, for the level of two way player he is. They then have two years to convince him that Boston is the place to be for him. He can't go anywhere, it isn't like he is on a one year rental, and he makes them significantly better.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 05:25 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls/sources-bulls-are-actively-shopping-jimmy-butler-prior-nba-draft-0

It's becoming clearer by the minute that the smoke surrounding Jimmy Butler is looking more like truth and not just conjecture as the NBA Draft approaches.

The Bulls routinely say they'll take phone calls from teams about Butler's availability around this time and at the trade deadline but this time around, multiple sources tell CSNChicago.com the Bulls are doing more than listening: they're shopping Butler to many teams.

It appears the Bulls have made the decision to try to jumpstart their rebuilding process and see what the best offer is for Butler as opposed to just gauging his value.

The Boston Celtics have always been fond of Butler and have the assets the Bulls in theory would be attracted to in terms of multiple draft picks and affordable contracts on the current roster. The Cleveland Cavaliers seemed to be on the Bulls' doorstep before abruptly ending their partnership with GM David Griffin Monday evening.

On the surface they would appear to be the favorites as the Phoenix Suns have been "doing due diligence," according to league sources. And the Denver Nuggets were on the periphery at the trade deadline, acquiring about Butler.

In other words, the Bulls will have no shortage of offers, meaning this is a trade they'll have to get right. They're in a different position than the Indiana Pacers as Paul George has made it known he wants out and plans to become a Los Angeles Laker. But Butler has made it known he wants to stay in Chicago and doesn't want to be moved, according to sources close to the Bulls swingman.

But with the Bulls' desire to free head coach Fred Hoiberg of Butler due to their lack of a fruitful relationship and belief he can improve in his third year, this is the road the franchise is choosing to walk down.

The Bulls were rebuffed on an offer to the Celtics for the third pick straight-up, but bringing the Cavaliers to the table could increase the quality of offers for Butler, who would be eligible for a deal in the $40 million range annually if he makes another All-NBA team next season.

One would think the Bulls' reluctance at paying a contract that large on a team that will continue to be in the middle of the draft plays a part in their decision.

As one league executive texted last night, "It's either Boston or Cleveland but he's going."

As it appears Butler's surprising rise will have an abrupt ending, seemingly sooner rather than later.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Also even if he wants to be in CLE the Cavs won't have the flexibility to get him if BOS lands him. They won't trade him there and I doubt CLE is even attractive landing spot in 2 years anyway.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Ainge better stop ****ing around and grab him. The #3 overall straight up was rebuffed? JFC.

ugottabjoshinme
06-20-2017, 05:33 PM
I don't believe the Bulls would offer Butler straight up for #3, and I definitely don't believe that Boston would turn that down.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2017, 05:34 PM
I don't believe the Bulls would offer Butler straight up for #3, and I definitely don't believe that Boston would turn that down.

Yeah, that seems very unlikely to me. I think it was likely a deal involving the #3 overall.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Question is why would Phoenix trade the 4 for Love to help Cleveland get him? Both have two years left. Makes no sense. Cleveland has NO assets.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Question is why would Phoenix trade the 4 for Love to help Cleveland get him? Both have two years left. Makes no sense. Cleveland has NO assets.

Because it's probably a bluff to increase Boston's urgency.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2017, 05:51 PM

Maybe they don't value anyone at the #4 in this draft. Love fills a spot for them better than Butler does since they already have Booker and Warren at the 2 and 3. Besides, they always seemed to like Love for some reason and maybe think they can make a push for the playoffs with him.

They haven't been in the playoffs in what, 8 years now? Since Amare was there. They've been trying to acquire all-star talent through the draft and has failed - repeatedly. Now that they have some promising youth in Booker and Warren adding Love could energize that franchise.

I don't know, I'm just speculating here, not stating anything as fact.

MassoDio
06-20-2017, 05:52 PM

I live in Phoenix, so this is just my perspective based off of years of listening to sports talk radio here...

The Suns have been enamored with Love for years. He fits perfectly with their playing style now. His contract is reasonable, and not for very long. They are in a spot where they are not going to be truly competitive any time soon, so the salary won't bother them. They are incredibly young right now, especially in the front court. Having Love would allow them to bring guys like Chriss and Bender along more slowly, and give them a mentor in the process. If the Suns believe that none of the prospects that will be available at #4 are worth more than what Love brings to the table, then there is no reason for them to NOT go for the trade. They don't care if they are helping Cleveland....they aren't in any position to compete with them...so it doesn't matter. Plus, I think the Suns have a bunch of draft picks over the next few years...and Love will not make them so good that they won't get a good pick next year too...lol....so why not?

Vee-Rex
06-20-2017, 05:53 PM
I live in Phoenix, so this is just my perspective based off of years of listening to sports talk radio here...

The Suns have been enamored with Love for years. He fits perfectly with their playing style now. His contract is reasonable, and not for very long. They are in a spot where they are not going to be truly competitive any time soon, so the salary won't bother them. They are incredibly young right now, especially in the front court. Having Love would allow them to bring guys like Chriss and Bender along more slowly, and give them a mentor in the process. If the Suns believe that none of the prospects that will be available at #4 are worth more than what Love brings to the table, then there is no reason for them to NOT go for the trade. They don't care if they are helping Cleveland....they aren't in any position to compete with them...so it doesn't matter. Plus, I think the Suns have a bunch of draft picks over the next few years...and Love will not make them so good that they won't get a good pick next year too...lol....so why not?

Hot diggity, I may have been right about something! :D

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 05:56 PM

Either way, thanks for the insight. I do hope if Love goes to Phoenix, you guys can keep him

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-20-2017, 05:58 PM

Rumors have it Suns might be coughing up their lottery pick and pieces for Love as third team.

MassoDio
06-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Hot diggity, I may have been right about something! :D

Yep...you were pretty spot on. Even with the playoff drought thing....the Suns front office keeps saying that they will not rush things....but I don't really believe that...not after missing the playoffs for so may years. I would believe that they don't feel that Love would be enough to get them to the playoffs anyways, so they are not really pushing expectations by getting him. I would think that Bledsoe would be in that deal as well, so it isn't like they would be putting Love with Bledsoe and Booker...it would be Love, Booker, and a bunch of young guys.

MassoDio
06-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Either way, thanks for the insight. I do hope if Love goes to Phoenix, you guys can keep him

Honestly....because it would be taking the ball out of Booker's hands. Booker is the future here. (Or at least...that is their hope and what basket they are putting all their eggs in) They won't be going after anyone that will take away from Booker's game.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Honestly....because it would be taking the ball out of Booker's hands. Booker is the future here. (Or at least...that is their hope and what basket they are putting all their eggs in) They won't be going after anyone that will take away from Booker's game.

Makess sense. Love is an amazing 2nd/3rd option and a team guy who does not need the ball.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Because it's probably a bluff to increase Boston's urgency.

Ainge better hurry up. This is like musical chairs and Boston might miss on PG13 and Butler. Then they got competition for Hayward as in Heat.

MassoDio
06-20-2017, 06:05 PM
Makess sense. Love is an amazing 2nd/3rd option and a team guy who does not need the ball.

Yeah, I believe that would be the Suns view on it.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Ainge better hurry up. This is like musical chairs and Boston might miss on PG13 and Butler. Then they got competition for Hayward as in Heat.

Missing out on Hayward would really suck because it's just money with no real downside.

Getting Butler will make the next few years more fun to watch than not but most likely we'll look back in 5 years and say we wish we didn't trade for him because we didn't win with him and we missed out on _______ (insert player that's the best from #3 on in the draft).

Trading for Butler is honestly a bad move for the franchise. But I'm a fan and I like exciting basketball so I hope it happens so long as the cost isn't prohibitive.

Wade n Fade
06-20-2017, 06:30 PM
The Bulls should take the best offer from Boston, Denver, or Minnesota.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2017, 07:02 PM
GarPax will have multiple offers by the time draft day rolls around..the question is, will they actually do it? As a Bulls fan, they ****ing better. I'm sick of being stuck in mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vinylman
06-20-2017, 07:21 PM
People are so funny about Ainge

Hayward is a done deal. It will be announced almost immediately when FA begins

He will also probably end up with butler

CSN Chicago says it's done but that Ainge is holding it up to explore porzingis

Wade n Fade
06-20-2017, 07:22 PM
People are so funny about Ainge

Hayward is a done deal. It will be announced almost immediately when FA begins

He will also probably end up with butler

CSN Chicago says it's done but that Ainge is holding it up to explore porzingis

No it's not. Hayward could easily take a max with Utah or come to Miami like his wife possibly could want.

Vinylman
06-20-2017, 07:27 PM
No it's not. Hayward could easily take a max with Utah or come to Miami like his wife possibly could want.

Nope

It's a done deal... it's been known he is going to Boston since last offseason when the jazz appeased him by getting George hill

It will all come out later.

Wade n Fade
06-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Nope

It's a done deal... it's been known he is going to Boston since last offseason when the jazz appeased him by getting George hill

It will all come out later.

Then why did Utah fear Miami? Why would Miami be in the mix? Hayward is very much gettable for various teams. He could even take a sign and trade to a contender outside of Boston too.

Dade County
06-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Both Boston & Miami are after the same players. But at the end of the day, since both teams will get a key free agent it leaves them still under Lbj.

Also, I see that people are sleeping on Pat. Miami has around 37mil to play with, & we can easliy make moves to get to 54mil.

Keep sleeping on Pat.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Both Boston & Miami are after the same players. But at the end of the day, since both teams will get a key free agent it leaves them still under Lbj.

Also, I see that people are sleeping on Pat. Miami has around 37mil to play with, & we can easliy make moves to get to 54mil.

Keep sleeping on Pat.

He's giving Dion the max.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Chicago Sports News‏ @ChiSportUpdates 2m2 minutes ago
More
Jimmy Butler remains intent on trying to lead the #Bulls back to Eastern Conference prominence. ( Via @ESPNSteinLine)

Chicago Sports News‏ @ChiSportUpdates 4m4 minutes ago
More
Cavs have been notified that Butler hopes to stay with the Bulls and would be reluctant to commit long-term future to Cleveland. ( Via ESPN)

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Not sure why that is a big deal. Love is gone in 2 years anyway if LeBron leaves...

As far as JB wanting to stay in Chicago, that is a complete 180 from news all day...

Dade County
06-20-2017, 08:39 PM
He's giving Dion the max.

Riley is too pro for that... He will talk Waiters into opting into his league minimum contract lol

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Riley is too pro for that... He will talk Waiters into opting into his league minimum contract lol

No he won't but he definitely won't max him.

FlashBolt
06-20-2017, 08:50 PM
All these reports are just these reporters being bored and trying to get their name out. If Woj is not reporting any of it, screw it. First it was "Butler is inevitably gone" and now it's "Butler wants to remain with the Bulls." Would not be surprised if all these reporters just sit on a circle table and just ********.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Not surprised the tone changed around butler when Wade opted in. He loves playing with him.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 08:59 PM
David Aldridge‏Verified account @daldridgetnt 21m21 minutes ago
More
Per source, Jimmy Butler has informed Cavs that he wants to stay in Chicago rather than be traded to Cleveland.

Now all big name reporters are saying this.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Josina Anderson‏Verified account @JosinaAnderson 58s58 seconds ago
More
Jimmy Butler's reasoning to #Cavs on preferring t/ #Bulls, I'm told "from a competitive standpoint, he prefers to build a winner in Chicago"

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 09:04 PM
So this morning every single reporter is reporting Butler is a done deal as far as being gone. They also report Butler will "PUSH" for a trade to Cavs.

Now these same reporters do a 180. LOL.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Lmao, that's hardly the case. The guy knows LeBron+Kyrie are probably dipping after next season.. He doesn't want to be stuck in the Cavs.

Kyrie cannot do ****. I think he's locked in till 2020.

FlashBolt
Not surprised the tone changed around butler when Wade opted in. He loves playing with him.

Lmao, that's hardly the case. The guy knows LeBron+Kyrie are probably dipping after next season.. He doesn't want to be stuck in the Cavs.

FlashBolt
So this morning every single reporter is reporting Butler is a done deal as far as being gone. They also report Butler will "PUSH" for a trade to Cavs.

Now these same reporters do a 180. LOL.

Which is why I'm turning off Bleacher Report. These guys are annoying.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Jimmy Butler is still the coolest, confirmed. Don't think he has a great chance to succeed with GarPax at the helm, but kudos for trying lol.

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 09:55 PM

Well it's no coincidence that's for sure. If Wade doesn't opt in we still hear the same stuff about Butler.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 09:56 PM
JB will not want Cleveland with LeBron potentially leaving.. LeBron needs to commit

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:36 PM

Wow not good for Cleveland if this is true. LeBrons gone.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 10:38 PM
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sources-out-of-cleveland-say-jimmy-butler-will-push-for-trade-to-cavs/

Cavs are in the midst of a complete melt down. This organization is done.

Source: Chicago Sun Times: http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sources-out-of-cleveland-say-jimmy-butler-will-push-for-trade-to-cavs/

WaDe03
06-20-2017, 10:42 PM
LeBron gone.

Nikeman
06-20-2017, 10:42 PM
LeBron is going to leave. If Cleveland's 2016/2017 Cavs taught LeBron anything is that you need more two way players to contain the Dubs.

Too bad he will leave with a 3-6 finals record since even now nobody beats the Cavs

Wade n Fade
06-20-2017, 10:43 PM
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sources-out-of-cleveland-say-jimmy-butler-will-push-for-trade-to-cavs/

Cavs are in the midst of a complete melt down. This organization is done.

Source: Chicago Sun Times: http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sources-out-of-cleveland-say-jimmy-butler-will-push-for-trade-to-cavs/

LeBron is going to leave. If Cleveland's 2016/2017 Cavs taught LeBron anything is that you need more two way players to contain the Dubs.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2017, 10:44 PM
lmfao

GS broke the NBA

More-Than-Most
06-20-2017, 10:57 PM
Good **** lebron... NOW THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE... He isnt joining the warriors... he is going to fuse into a team and beat the warriors... MAN TYPE MOVE.

WaDe03
06-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Wade and Jimmy are meeting in Paris......with Melo

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2017, 12:33 PM
So Lebron forming Super Team #3?

its getting comical.

archdevil84
06-21-2017, 12:53 PM
So Lebron forming Super Team #3?

its getting comical.

what do you expect him to do? remain stuck with clevelands bunch of 36 year old scrubs and kyrie and love and be slaughtered by GS each year in the finals?

Vee-Rex
06-21-2017, 12:59 PM
Joe Cowley is a lying scumbag.

He's been pushing the "Butler is gonna push a trade to Cleveland" stuff and was screaming non-stop about it. Butler came out and basically said no to that and that he hopes to remain in Chicago. Cowley is an idiot and didn't realize that Butler would wanna stay in Chicago because if he makes 1 more All-NBA team then he qualifies for the super max 200million extension.

So once Butler shot him down, he started spreading rumors that Cleveland players are telling him not to come. WTF kind of BS is that? Cavs players gonna say don't join them?

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/877557941871808513

Sam Amico shuts that **** down. Cowley is a liar.

As I've said a million times before - you guys can keep believing every single thing you read on the internet even if it's illogical.

smith&wesson
06-21-2017, 01:04 PM
I love these super teams forming.. its the new nba.. be honest with yourselves do you enjoy watching the pacers and their 1 pony ? Or the Pistons? Or the Nets? How about the Knicks ?

No what you want to watch is the GSW, and the Cavs, and who ever the next phenom team is.. and theres going to be more of them now.. I like it. Look how entertaining the offseason has been so far.

WestCoastSportz
06-21-2017, 01:04 PM
lmfao

GS broke the NBA

GS broke the Cavaliers, not the NBA. They're showing everyone what can happened if you draft smartly and manage the cap without overspending. The rest of the league should take note, because that team was built in 2 years under the new regime. Curry was already there but the new ownership group and Bob Myers did a tremendous job of drafting players that not only fit but that got along with one another. He hit on Thompson. He hit on Green in the second round. He kind of fizzled on Barnes but he's actually turning out to be the 4th or 5th best player in that draft that was taken 7th.

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2017, 01:05 PM
looks like Cavs aren't getting anyone. That Front Office instability is going to ruin their chances of landing Free Agents are going to hard.

smith&wesson
06-21-2017, 01:07 PM

He's been pushing the "Butler is gonna push a trade to Cleveland" stuff and was screaming non-stop about it. Butler came out and basically said no to that and that he hopes to remain in Chicago. Cowley is an idiot and didn't realize that Butler would wanna stay in Chicago because if he makes 1 more All-NBA team then he qualifies for the super max 200million extension.

So once Butler shot him down, he started spreading rumors that Cleveland players are telling him not to come. WTF kind of BS is that? Cavs players gonna say don't join them?

As I've said a million times before - you guys can keep believing every single thing you read on the internet even if it's illogical.

Youre absolutly right.. cant beleive everything right now. The Lopez trade essentially came out of no where.. as did the celtics and 76ers trade.. even the Howard trade.. most of the rumours have been wrong so far.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-21-2017, 01:11 PM

Being from Chicago, this has been well known for years.

eDush
06-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Lebron isn't going anywhere...dumb rumors :nod:

eDush
06-22-2017, 06:04 AM
If the Bulls trade Butler and don't get at least one of either Irving or Love then I am ****ing done with this team. The Bulls FO is quite possibly even worse than old man Jerry Krause.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-celtics-turned-down-bulls-trade-offer-of-jimmy-butler-for-no-3-pick-in-draft/ :nod:

Breaking news?

Aust
06-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Chris Broussard‏ @Chris_Broussard

Real reason Jimmy Butler doesn't want to be traded, sources say: he would no longer be eligible for super-max (designated-player exception)

I didn't consider this.

Nikeman
06-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Jimmy Butler about that paper

Vee-Rex
06-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Lebron isn't going anywhere...dumb rumors :nod:

I wouldn't say he's gonna stay in Cleveland for sure, but dudes be wylin out if they hear ANY kind of news that could be related to LeBron's decisions. Do a little research before rubbing one out on some illogical report. Drama queens be pathetic, yo.

Aust
06-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Adam Kaufman‏ @AdamMKaufman

.@WojVerticalNBA on @TheVertical: #Bulls seriously engaged with #Timberwolves on Jimmy Butler trade. Picks involved. Nothing imminent.

Shammyguy3
06-22-2017, 07:33 PM
Please happen!

Aust
06-22-2017, 07:38 PM
Marc Stein‏Verified account @ESPNSteinLine

The Wolves are close to acquiring Jimmy Butler from Chicago, according to league sources

Oh ****!

Aust
06-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Marc Stein‏ @ESPNSteinLine

Sources say Minnesota's offer to Chicago for Butler was EXPECTED to include the No. 7 pick, Zach LaVine and Kris Dunn ...

Gotta be more

Crackadalic
06-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Wow good *** trade by the bulls.

Rush
06-22-2017, 07:45 PM

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/878036127680155648

chomaru
06-22-2017, 07:45 PM
Sources say Minnesota's offer to Chicago for Butler was EXPECTED to include the No. 7 pick, Zach LaVine and Kris Dunn ...

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/878035257441738752

What a haul!

mike_noodles
06-22-2017, 07:46 PM
Wow good *** trade by the bulls.

I like it for the Wolves too. Consolidating talent is a great way to build.

5ass
06-22-2017, 07:46 PM
Good value on both sides I think.

Agreed.

5ass
06-22-2017, 07:47 PM
How did I quote you and post before you?

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 07:48 PM
Good value on both sides I think.

Crackadalic
I like it for the Wolves too. Consolidating talent is a great way to build.

Yeah both sides won the trade

More-Than-Most
if the 16 is going to the wolves that is ****ing stupid from the bulls... I think the wolves gave up way to much unless they get that 16th pick

5ass
06-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Wolves need to go after millsap

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Brian Windhorst‏
Verified account
*@WindhorstESPN 2m
2 minutes ago

More
Wolves with get the No. 16 pick from Bulls in Jimmy Butler deal, sources said...

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Chicago is finalizing a deal to send Jimmy Butler to Minnesota for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and No. 7 pick, league source says.

Good deal for both sides

aman_13
06-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Lavine, Dunn, 7th overall pick for Butler.

5ass
06-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Love the deal for both teams.

Minny's front office is building that team wonderfully

Vee-Rex
06-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Love the deal for both teams.

Minny's front office is building that team wonderfully.

mrblisterdundee
That's a solid return for Chicago. I expect them to pick a forward.
Butler definitely helps Minnesota, although they needed more shooting. A big plus is the defensive intensity Butler will bring.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

you're from the future lol

site is screwed up, it has happened for me too many times

Aust
Wolves also get Bulls 16th pick.

I don't see how the TWolves didn't just steal him. I don't see it for Chicago, thought they'd get more.

aman_13
06-22-2017, 07:55 PM
The Wolves are coming. Butler, Wiggins and Towns. They have the 7th pick now.

My only concern is that they still might be iso oriented.

aman_13

you're from the future lol

site is screwed up, it has happened for me too many times

Yeah PSD is broken.

IndyRealist
Chicago sends their pick back.

5ass
06-22-2017, 07:56 PM
What a pick up by the wolves

YAALREADYKNO
06-22-2017, 07:57 PM
What a pick up by the wolves

Heediot
06-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Why merge the threads?

There should be a brand new thread after a big trade like this. LOLOL

metswon69
06-22-2017, 08:05 PM
Why merge the threads?

There should be a brand new thread after a big trade like this. LOLOL

I merged them and changed the title. How many threads does Jimmy Butler need?

rhino17
06-22-2017, 08:05 PM
Chicago got fleeced

tp13baby
06-22-2017, 08:06 PM
The Wolves are coming. Butler, Wiggins and Towns. They have the 7th pick now.

My only concern is that they still might be iso oriented.

They have the 16th not 7th.

tp13baby
06-22-2017, 08:06 PM
Chicago got fleeced

The swapping of picks was ridiculous to do.

Holydiver
06-22-2017, 08:07 PM
gar pax always do

valade16
06-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Wow Minny definitely got the better deal here. LaVine won't be a star so either Dunn has to develop into one or whoever they select at #7.

rhino17
06-22-2017, 08:09 PM
The swapping of picks was ridiculous to do.

yep, I thought it was a CLEAR win for Minny even without the #16 pick

Bostonjorge
Butler getting his coach back. Minny going to be scary good on defense.

Nikeman
Wolves are smart. They are building a roster to compete with GS. Both Wiggins/Butler are elite defenders, and nobody on GS can stop KAT. Wiggins needs to develop a reliable J. Not saying they can compete yet, but hopefully in 2 years.

Not sure of Wolves cap, but if they can make a couple signings and Wiggins/KAT continue to develop, this team can compete. They desperately need shooting and some quality bench pieces. Rubio has to go for a 3&D PG. Patrick Beverly almost makes too much sense.

What about 16/Dieng to Pacers, Wolves get Love and Cleveland gets PG?

hugepatsfan
06-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Chicago got fleeced

Nah. Expectations were unrealistic. I'm surprised they got two players. I thought they'd get a pick and one player.

Shammyguy3
06-22-2017, 08:12 PM
I am so incredibly happy right now as a Bulls fan. They didn't get fleeced, don't know why anyone thinks that

FlashBolt
Wolves are smart. They are building a roster to compete with GS. Both Wiggins/Butler are elite defenders, and nobody on GS can stop KAT. Wiggins needs to develop a reliable J. Not saying they can compete yet, but hopefully in 2 years.

Not sure of Wolves cap, but if they can make a couple signings and Wiggins/KAT continue to develop, this team can compete. They desperately need shooting and some quality bench pieces. Rubio has to go for a 3&D PG. Patrick Beverly almost makes too much sense.

What about 16/Dieng to Pacers, Wolves get Love and Cleveland gets PG?

Wiggins is far from an elite defender.

WaDe03
Terrible trade for Chicago lmao. Dunn looked terrible Lavine off an ACL injury and the 7th pick.

BKLYNpigeon
PG value just went up.

aman_13
06-22-2017, 08:13 PM
They have the 16th not 7th.

Woops.

mngopher35
06-22-2017, 08:14 PM
I am so incredibly happy right now as a Bulls fan. They didn't get fleeced, don't know why anyone thinks that

Agreed, I am not overly excited about this tbh. At least we will be competitive now!

FlashBolt
06-22-2017, 08:15 PM
Terrible trade for Chicago lmao. Dunn looked terrible Lavine off an ACL injury and the 7th pick.

I would have contacted the Knicks for Porzy and Melo.... Rondo+Butler for Porzy and Melo...

rhino17
Nah. Expectations were unrealistic. I'm surprised they got two players. I thought they'd get a pick and one player.

Zach Lavine is a great athlete, not much of a basketball player, and an injured one at that. Chicago also didn't really GET a pick, they just moved up a few spots. TERRIBLE trade for Chicago. Dunn ok, but no star potential imo

MILLERHIGHLIFE
Will the Bulls be shopping Wade now? Cant picture him happy there without Butler. Queue in the banana boat rumors.

Lakers + Giants
06-22-2017, 08:16 PM
PG value just went up.

No, everyone knows where PG wants to end up, and only a handful of teams can change his mind.

Butler's intentions hadn't been leaked. That's what hurt the pacers.

effen5
06-22-2017, 08:18 PM
talk about fail....typical Bulls.

FlashBolt
06-22-2017, 08:20 PM
I wonder what Hawk thinks about this trade.

northsider
06-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Zach Lavine is a great athlete, not much of a basketball player, and an injured one at that. Chicago also didn't really GET a pick, they just moved up a few spots. TERRIBLE trade for Chicago. Dunn ok, but no star potential imo

Lets be real 9 spots is not a few.

aman_13
06-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Don't like this for the Bulls. They could of got more.

archdevil84
06-22-2017, 08:27 PM
lol wade will be pissed about this

Aust
06-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Not sold on Dunn and Lavine, but there is time so we'll see.

KB24PG16
06-22-2017, 08:30 PM
boston the biggest losers of this trade

TrueFan420
06-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Wolves made out

Nikeman
06-22-2017, 08:32 PM
boston the biggest losers of this trade

Seriously. How does Boston not offer the #3 and either one of Jaylen Brown or Rozier. Crazy

Shammyguy3
06-22-2017, 08:32 PM
talk about fail....typical Bulls.

C'mon man you k ow this is a good deal. Last year we were going for JUST Khris Dunn and now we get him plus Lavine plus a new guy

effen5
06-22-2017, 08:34 PM
C'mon man you k ow this is a good deal. Last year we were going for JUST Khris Dunn and now we get him plus Lavine plus a new guy

Dunn underperformed. Lavine has a torn ACL. We also gave away our pick.

Shammyguy3
06-22-2017, 08:34 PM
Seriously. How does Boston not offer the #3 and either one of Jaylen Brown or Rozier. Crazy

Yup doesn't make sense to me. Boston better hope they sign Hayward

Kyben36
06-22-2017, 08:35 PM

the offer last year was lavine (healthy and the pick) now we got laving coming off an acl injury ( a la derrick rose) and Lauri Markannen, (aka niko 2.0) hurray. real upgrade for a top 15 player.

Dade County
06-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Yup doesn't make sense to me. Boston better hope they sign Hayward

HEAT might get in the way of that.

I think the bulls should have gotten 2 first rd picks, a player and moved a bad contract for butler.

Nikeman
06-22-2017, 08:49 PM
K.C. Johnson‏Verified account
@KCJHoop
Follow
More
In Bulls talks with Celtics regarding Butler, Celtics refused to offer No. 3 or next year's Nets pick, per source.

LA_Raiders
06-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Bulls got rapped big time if this goes through.

kpjets
06-22-2017, 09:01 PM
after 26 years as a bulls fan. i am done.

FlashBolt
06-22-2017, 09:03 PM

why?

Kyben36
06-22-2017, 09:09 PM
why?

imagine trading Russell for that deal, i understand you may value rusell more. but its a similar type of pain.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2017, 09:12 PM
If I was the Wolves I would've kept Lavine, draft DSJ (Thibs gets his Derrise Rose - lite), then trade Rubio for a young PF if they still wanted to trade him.

They got a good deal for Butler though, but would've probably held back for more young guys.

Shammyguy3
06-22-2017, 09:18 PM

I think the bulls should have gotten 2 first rd picks, a player and moved a bad contract for butler.

The Bulls wanted to get Dunn last year, so it's like they did get a first round pick in addition to getting the 7th for Markkanen. Plus they got Lavine. Yes he's coming off an injury but we don't know how it will work out.

Butler provided Chicago NOTHING. He's a top 10 player, but not good enough for the Bulls to be actual contenders, too old to build around, and is two years away from a $50M contract starting at age 29.

It's like owning a gun and having no bullets. Not much use to you. Bulls trajectory is down, so these guys are more valuable to them than Butler. Wolves on the rise and had assets to get a player for a great bargain. Doesn't mean the Bulls got fleeced. They weren't in a great position no matter what.

shep33
06-22-2017, 09:55 PM
I like it for Chicago, except for them taking Markennen...

sdrobert
06-22-2017, 10:00 PM
Chicago has Zipster we dont need Butler!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

sdrobert
06-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Me too. If they ever get a player I can really cheer for Ill come back. Hey at least we have extra free time now!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Ty Fast
06-22-2017, 10:04 PM

Keep sleeping on Pat.

F ya brother!!!

IKnowHoops
06-22-2017, 10:14 PM
At first I thought this was a fair trade but I didn't like it. When I found out we got the 16th pick back as well (in this draft) I loved it. Just hope we draft the right guy. Hope we trade Rubio and Dieng for picks.

Green_Monster
06-22-2017, 10:23 PM

Why would he go to the Heat?

If he leaves the Jazz it will be because he wants a better chance to win.

Oefarmy2005
06-22-2017, 10:48 PM
I think some of you guys vastly undervalue Lavine. The guy is an incredible shooter in addition to being a dunker and is a gym rat. I honestly think it's a fair trade and Chicago may have the better end of it in 3-5 years.

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2017, 10:51 PM
I would have contacted the Knicks for Porzy and Melo.... Rondo+Butler for Porzy and Melo...

Zero shot they woulda done that LMFAO

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Awful for Chicago.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2017, 11:01 PM
I like it for Chicago, except for them taking Markennen...

Yea I am high on Lavine (not so much on Dunn) but what the hell was that pick.

zn23
06-22-2017, 11:03 PM
Bad move for Chicago mainly because of what they got for return(not much).

As for the Wolves... I have a hard time picturing Butler and Wiggins working well together. By the end of next year I expect the Wolves to try and trade Wiggins.

Kyben36
06-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Bad move for Chicago mainly because of what they got for return(not much).

As for the Wolves... I have a hard time picturing Butler and Wiggins working well together. By the end of next year I expect the Wolves to try and trade Wiggins.

i tend to agree, however, jimmy and wigins on D should be incredible, very rare to see two elite defenive wings.

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 11:41 PM
The Bulls got ****ing rapped regardless of what anyone is saying. That's a horrible trade.

Shammyguy3
06-22-2017, 11:44 PM
The Bulls got ****ing rapped regardless of what anyone is saying. That's a horrible trade.

Thanks, hopefully Wade is gone soon too

homie564
06-22-2017, 11:46 PM
If Lavine was healthy this would've been a really good return for Chicago... because of the ACL injury and question marks surrounding him... they made bad move. I value Lavine highly though, if he can come back full strength this could be a solid move for the bulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnycumlately
06-22-2017, 11:48 PM

Well you obviously shipped jump back when the bulls had one of the greatest teams ever so it's not a surprise you'd jump somewhere else eventually. I'm surprised you stuck around this long but don't deny what you did originally.

WaDe03
06-22-2017, 11:57 PM
Thanks, hopefully Wade is gone soon too

Yea I hope so too. Playing in arguably the worst ram organization in the league with arguably the worst fans doesn't fit someone of his all time status.

Silent
06-23-2017, 12:04 AM
GarPax needs to be fired asap im done with this team management just ****ed us over for the next 10 years

Dade County
06-23-2017, 12:13 AM
Why would he go to the Heat?

If he leaves the Jazz it will be because he wants a better chance to win.

I know it's hard to believe but Miami will give him that better chance of winning (leaving Utah & heading out East).

No on is beating GS though.

I can tell that you don't recognize Miami's potential, and I understand, let's let free agency play out and Pat Riley will make a believer out of you.

Dade County
06-23-2017, 12:18 AM
The Bulls wanted to get Dunn last year, so it's like they did get a first round pick in addition to getting the 7th for Markkanen. Plus they got Lavine. Yes he's coming off an injury but we don't know how it will work out.

Butler provided Chicago NOTHING. He's a top 10 player, but not good enough for the Bulls to be actual contenders, too old to build around, and is two years away from a $50M contract starting at age 29.

It's like owning a gun and having no bullets. Not much use to you. Bulls trajectory is down, so these guys are more valuable to them than Butler. Wolves on the rise and had assets to get a player for a great bargain. Doesn't mean the Bulls got fleeced. They weren't in a great position no matter what.

Ok... but didn't they swap their number one picks? If so, why didn't the Bulls just outright get Wolves number one pick and the Bulls keep their pick?

Butler contract was good for his skill set.

As long as the Bulls completely do a rebuild get rid of everyone and just have a youth movement, it's all good.

Jets012
06-23-2017, 12:19 AM
Bad trade. Disappointing return for a guy like Butler who really continues to improve. He was flawed 2 years ago, but he's now becoming a legitimate top 12/15 player. Kris Dunn was flat out awful this year. I hate to close the book on a guy after one year, but I can't think of many top guys who struggled as much as him their rookie year. It's a long-shot with him. LaVine seems like he's going to be a very nice offensive weapon for years to come. I see him as a prime Jamal Crawford type 6th man that can score and is athletic, but can't do much else. He can play PG, but he can't really run an offense. Fact that the Bulls still had to include the first was also bad on their part.

Minnesota still desperately needs to move one of or both of Rubio/Wiggins. Not sure I love the Wiggins/Butler wing duo. People who think Wiggins is a good defender likely haven't watched him since college. The dude is still lost defensively. He looked great in college, but has been terrible off-ball since the second he got in the NBA. Thibs couldn't really help him this year. Wiggins/Butler feature two guys who need the ball a lot. Neither are amazing outside shooters either. Wiggins actually does nothing well besides score at a marginal efficient rate. If he doesn't get to the line, he's useless.

They should be all over one of these FA PGs. Hill would be ideal, but Jrue/Teague would be a good get too. Just don't know if anyone would be willing to take Rubio's contract on.

Sadds The Gr8
06-23-2017, 12:20 AM
ppl like this for the Bulls? They got handled in this deal lol

Silent
06-23-2017, 12:30 AM
**** you Hoiberg **** You Garpax **** you Lavine (if he was healthy i be kool with him) **** you Dunn **** you Lauri Markkanen

Shammyguy3
06-23-2017, 12:33 AM
Yea I hope so too. Playing in arguably the worst ram organization in the league with arguably the worst fans doesn't fit someone of his all time status.

Can't wait to not have you post in the Bulls forum anymore

GarPax needs to be fired asap im done with this team management just ****ed us over for the next 10 years

Keeping Jimmy would've done that moreso than trading him and you know, starting to attempt to build a competent roster

Ok... but didn't they swap their number one picks? If so, why didn't the Bulls just outright get Wolves number one pick and the Bulls keep their pick?

As long as the Bulls completely do a rebuild get rid of everyone and just have a youth movement, it's all good.

It's definitely not a sure thing. I think the Bulls had zero leverage in these negotiations. They're stuck in hell with Butler. Everyone knows it. They have never publicly committed to building around Butler. Everyone knows it. They want to get younger. They don't want to pay Butler long term at age 29 when he can make $250 over five years. Everyone knows it.

So, you get what you can. I don't love the package overall, but I love the direction we're finally going in

ppl like this for the Bulls? They got handled in this deal lol

No they didn't - Butler had no value to Chicago. They got back three young players, and allow themselves to be bad enough to have good picks the next 3+ years.

What did keeping Butler mean for the Bulls? 8th seeds and non-lottery picks, which isn't good. The t'wolves got a great player for a great deal. But given the circumstances and context, the overall trajectory of the Bulls future with and without Butler; they got what they could've and I'm
Happy they're finally committing to a full rebuild

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 12:37 AM
Can't wait to not have you post in the Bulls anymore

I don't post in that sorry forum, strictly the NBA forum.

Silent
06-23-2017, 12:38 AM
Can't wait to not have you post in the Bulls forum anymore

Keeping Jimmy would've done that moreso than trading him and you know, starting to attempt to build a competent roster

It's definitely not a sure thing. I think the Bulls had zero leverage in these negotiations. They're stuck in hell with Butler. Everyone knows it. They have never publicly committed to building around Butler. Everyone knows it. They want to get younger. They don't want to pay Butler long term at age 29 when he can make $250 over five years. Everyone knows it.

So, you get what you can. I don't love the package overall, but I love the direction we're finally going in

No they didn't - Butler had no value to Chicago. They got back three young players, and allow themselves to be bad enough to have good picks the next 3+ years.

What did keeping Butler mean for the Bulls? 8th seeds and non-lottery picks, which isn't good. The t'wolves got a great player for a great deal. But given the circumstances and context, the overall trajectory of the Bulls future with and without Butler; they got what they could've and I'm
Happy they're finally committing to a full rebuild

i rather keep him for the **** we got you don't trade a top ten player for complete **** u try and get value and that sir we did not get

mngopher35
06-23-2017, 12:42 AM
If I was the Wolves I would've kept Lavine, draft DSJ (Thibs gets his Derrise Rose - lite), then trade Rubio for a young PF if they still wanted to trade him.

They got a good deal for Butler though, but would've probably held back for more young guys.

This was actually what I wanted as well. I won't complain too much about trading for Butler though haha. I just thought we had the perfect timeline set up with our core.

KnickaBocka.44
06-23-2017, 12:44 AM
Bulls are such **** I love it. We're no better but you're all such trash talkers I love seeing you relinquish you're greatest asset to Minny for a fraction of what you thought he was worth. Justice served. Welcome to the cellar, THOTS

Shammyguy3
06-23-2017, 12:47 AM
You have posted there lmao

i rather keep him for the **** we got you don't trade a top ten player for complete **** u try and get value and that sir we did not get
No, that's called going down with a sinking ship for pride's sake. It's stupid. We got the best value we could have given the circumstances. Tell me, if this is such a ****** deal, then couldn't have a bunch of other teams beaten the offer if they wanted to? But nobody did... meaning the value wasn't there. And it was never gonna be better than tonight.

eDush
06-23-2017, 01:03 AM

As long as the Bulls completely do a rebuild get rid of everyone and just have a youth movement, it's all good.Butler contract is very reasonable considering his impact on both ends of the floor. It's no different than trading Klay for the same crap like a guy with an ACL that will likely never regain his quickness again and someone who seem slow to earn playing time as a Rubio replacement and now they got a stud 2 way player plus they got the Bulls top pick too lol. Now I know their FO is run my morons and that poster doesn't know what he is babbling about :facepalm:

Stunner
06-23-2017, 01:27 AM

Lie again

Stunner
06-23-2017, 01:41 AM
Apparently the Celtics were only willing to offer their own first round pick next year to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/878125328836591617

FOXHOUND
06-23-2017, 02:12 AM
I like this trade for both teams...

:hide:

LOb0
06-23-2017, 02:30 AM
What a horrible trade for the Bulls. Got trash.

Aust
06-23-2017, 02:42 AM
If I was a Bulls fan I'd be down on my knees praying those guys develop into something..

Green_Monster
06-23-2017, 09:31 AM
I know it's hard to believe but Miami will give him that better chance of winning (leaving Utah & heading out East).

No on is beating GS though.

I can tell that you don't recognize Miami's potential, and I understand, let's let free agency play out and Pat Riley will make a believer out of you.

Celtics give him a better chance of winning if he wants to leave the Jazz.

Pat Riley hasn't done anything recently. The Big 3 was built by LeBron. You think Riley is a god lol.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 09:37 AM
You have posted there lmao

No, that's called going down with a sinking ship for pride's sake. It's stupid. We got the best value we could have given the circumstances. Tell me, if this is such a ****** deal, then couldn't have a bunch of other teams beaten the offer if they wanted to? But nobody did... meaning the value wasn't there. And it was never gonna be better than tonight.

Have is the key word. I don't anymore, it has little to no activity and most of the activity is 1 game posting news over an over again. He should bring his efforts to the NBA forum instead. Plus that forum is just depressing as hell and nothing but negativity in there and trying to point fingers.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 09:39 AM
Lie again

Huh? How many times did I post there this season? I may have posted there once in the last month and it was probably saying I hope Wade leaves that terrible organization. Lie again.....

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Celtics give him a better chance of winning if he wants to leave the Jazz.

Pat Riley hasn't done anything recently. The Big 3 was built by LeBron. You think Riley is a god lol.

Wade built the big 3.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Butler contract is very reasonable considering his impact on both ends of the floor. It's no different than trading Klay for the same crap like a guy with an ACL that will likely never regain his quickness again and someone who seem slow to earn playing time as a Rubio replacement and now they got a stud 2 way player plus they got the Bulls top pick too lol. Now I know their FO is run my morons and that poster doesn't know what he is babbling about :facepalm:

It's not the same because Jimmy is better than Klay.

Green_Monster
06-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Wade built the big 3.

Lol no. LeBron was the leader. At best I'd say they built it together but it certainly wasn't Wade. LeBron was/is the best player he the world, he was going wherever he wanted to go.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 09:50 AM
Lol no. LeBron was the leader. At best I'd say they built it together but it certainly wasn't Wade. LeBron was/is the best player he the world, he was going wherever he wanted to go.

LeBron was the best player but Wade was the leader. Wade was also already there and built the foundation. He took less than LeBron and Bosh to get them there as well. We're not talking about who's better we're talking about who made everything happen. That was Wade.

Bartlee23
06-23-2017, 09:56 AM

I would agree with you that Chicago has the worst run organization in the NBA and from ownership down the team needs a total overhaul but as far as fans go they are one of the most loyal in the NBA. Showing up for years of garbage and putting faith in a garbage organization. The title of "worst fans" belongs to Miami and it's not close.

Green_Monster
06-23-2017, 10:01 AM
LeBron was the best player but Wade was the leader. Wade was also already there and built the foundation. He took less than LeBron and Bosh to get them there as well. We're not talking about who's better we're talking about who made everything happen. That was Wade.

Just no. LeBron was going where he wanted to. If he wanted LA he would've went there.

I know you love Wade and will bandwagon anywhere with him though so this makes sense.

Oefarmy2005
06-23-2017, 10:04 AM
I would agree with you that Chicago has the worst run organization in the NBA and from ownership down the team needs a total overhaul but as far as fans go they are one of the most loyal in the NBA. Showing up for years of garbage and putting faith in a garbage organization. The title of "worst fans" belongs to Miami and it's not close.

New York and LA say HI. By far the worst fans in the NBA and the most toxic posters in this forum.

Bartlee23
06-23-2017, 10:20 AM
New York and LA say HI. By far the worst fans in the NBA and the most toxic posters in this forum.

Despite the posters on this site which really has no relevance since this site is an extremely small sample size of fans and all organizations has their share of bad/toxic fans New York has loyal fans as well who show up game after game and are very passionate about their team. It's not their fault they have a horrible organization like Chicago. LA if we're talking the Lakers have been spoiled by decades of greatness and fell off the map after Kobe retired. We'll see what the Ball era brings but the fans do show up and are loyal.

Miami fans have been a joke for years even when they were good with many examples to show.

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Celtics going to end up paying more for PG. Then what Minnesota gave up for Butler.

SDvikes
06-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Does this now make MN a destination for a FA signing....

Kyle Lowry
Chris Paul
Teague

Also would like Beverly or Anderson from Houston....
Who are likely trade partners now for Rubio, after the draft I do not think Sac or Dallas are options.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Does this now make MN a destination for a FA signing....

Kyle Lowry
Chris Paul
Teague

Also would like Beverly or Anderson from Houston....
Who are likely trade partners now for Rubio, after the draft I do not think Sac or Dallas are options.

Reports Spurs trying to trade for PG13 and get CP3.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Just no. LeBron was going where he wanted to. If he wanted LA he would've went there.

I know you love Wade and will bandwagon anywhere with him though so this makes sense.

How are you going to sit here and try to tell me about a team I followed every bit of news about?

LeBron would not have went to Miami If Wade wasn't there that's a fact.

Wade got Bosh to come first and then went and got LeBron. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Wade built that team.

Green_Monster
06-23-2017, 11:05 AM
How are you going to sit here and try to tell me about a team I followed every bit of news about?

Wade got Bosh to come first and then went and got LeBron. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Wade built that team.

Wade didn't "build" anything. If LeBron doesn't CHOOSE to go there that team is good, not great.

Are you staying a Bulls fan this offseason or switching teams?

Lloyd Christmas
06-23-2017, 11:08 AM
Reports Spurs trying to trade for PG13 and get CP3.

That would be a great team. Can they afford both players without trading Aldridge?

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 11:12 AM
Wade didn't "build" anything. If LeBron doesn't CHOOSE to go there that team is good, not great.

Are you staying a Bulls fan this offseason or switching teams?

You are clueless lol. They still had the money to sign another max guy without LeBron. Stick to the Celtics.

I'll be following the Bulls until Wade gets bought out. Wades done more in 14 years than the Celtics have done in 30. Congrats!

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 11:14 AM
Wolves fans should be ecstatic by this deal. You all fleeced the he'll out of the Bulls for a top 10 player and top 3 impact player in the league. If Wiggins and Towns take huge jumps again and you all trade Rubio and get one of these GA PGs like CP3 (doubtful) Lowry (possible) you guys will be very good. Butler may be the most underrated player in the league.

Green_Monster
06-23-2017, 11:19 AM
You are clueless lol. They still had the money to sign another max guy without LeBron. Stick to the Celtics.

I'll be following the Bulls until Wade gets bought out. Wades done more in 14 years than the Celtics have done in 30. Congrats!

Clueless because I don't make up fantasy stories about your favorite player... right. :laugh2:

New year, new team!!! That must be exciting for you.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Clueless because I don't make up fantasy stories about your favorite player... right. :laugh2:

New year, new team!!! That must be exciting for you.

Nah clueless because you're commenting on something your ignorant about and stating it as facts.

It is actually. When Wades gets bought out and goes to Cleveland he'll have the opportunity to add more rings. Who knows maybe he'll have him a full hands worth by the time he does. Sounds a lot more exciting than 1 ring in 30 years imo.

effen5
06-23-2017, 11:27 AM

Actually, if Chicago had a little bit of cap room, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh would have been in Chicago. That's from Wade himself.

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 11:33 AM
Too bad Chicago is a team that will Never go into luxury tax.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Actually, if Chicago had a little bit of cap room, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh would have been in Chicago. That's from Wade himself.

Yes I know but the hold up was Dengs cap or something like that. That would've been a hell of a team too.

Green_Monster
06-23-2017, 11:39 AM

Don't diminish his wet dreams with facts, please.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Don't diminish his wet dreams with facts, please.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Wade building that Heat team.

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 11:43 AM
And actually wasn't it just going to be Wade and LeBron who went to the Bulls? They would've only had 30 million if they got rid of Deng.

Actually I'm almost positive that was it and then Wade said Bosh committed to wanting to play with them so he brought them both to Miami.

Green Monster ate some rotten clam chowder and is so mad he can't admit he's wrong. At least you still have 1 ring in the last 30 years though. That's more than some can say I guess.

blams
06-23-2017, 11:44 AM
I'm actually super excited about this trade. This bulls team was in hell and at least this is something new. 3 young, high potential guys. New direction. Even if hoiberg is still awful, as I would assume he is, I am ready for the new era. My sox and bulls are going to be fun to watch.

Well, except for a lavine-less bulls this season but I'll still enjoy it

WaDe03
06-23-2017, 11:45 AM
AND if we're really being honest, it was going to be Wade LeBron and Melo teaming up in Miami instead of Bosh but Melo signed a new contract that messed things up and that's when they brought Bosh in to the picture and Wade built that team.

Shoutout to Green Monster.

KnickNyKnick
06-23-2017, 11:52 AM
I hope Melo and Wade end up with LBJ, where ever they can work the numbers out. Would be Epic to watch them Vs GS even for just one season. Maybe Miami can make it happen again if the Cavs wont make the moves. Pat Riley may want that last ring before he retires.