PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Auction Playoffs (Moraband Sith vs. AI)

valade16
06-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Every year Posters from PSD come together and do a secret auction of all players throughout NBA history attempting to make the best team and win the PSD All-Time Auction Championship! The teams have been seeded and are now in the playoffs. Please look over the teams and vote based on which team you think would win in a 7 game playoff series.

Moraband Sith has the higher seed and will have home court advantage in the series.

Moraband Sith:

PG: Jerry West (43) - Kirk Hinrich (5)
SG: Jeff Hornacek (36) - Reggie Theus (12)
SF: Dennis Rodman (28) - Luol Deng (20)
PF: Chris Webber (38) - Dennis Rodman (8) - Carlos Boozer (2)
C: Yao Ming (35) - Bill Cartwright (13)

vs.

AI:

PG: Kyle Lowry - Allen Iverson
SG: James Harden - Cedric Maxwell
SF: Scottie Pippen - Allan Houston
PF: Shawn Marion - Paul Silas
C: Artis Gilmore - Andrew Bogut

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 12:44 PM
I'll wait for the write ups but, slight edge to Morband's team here.

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 02:36 PM
My gut was Moraband but this one is the toughest of all the matchups. Pippen guards West. Then does Moraband have enough play-making? Webber is one of the best passing PFs in the game so that helps and we can't expect Pippen to shut out a top 20 player like West so yes I think they do. Let's look at the other end of the floor. Rodman on Harden? That would be insane. :laugh: Wow I would love to see that. You might just keep West on Harden and put Rodman on Pippen. Nah I would use Rodman on Harden and put West on Pippen and then shift Hornacek on Lowry. I want to see hornacek/lowry are a wash but I don't know if I buy that. Wow this one is tricky. hmmm. Yao vs. Gilmore also feels like a wash. Slight edge to Gilmore. But Yao had the leg strength to hold his own against Shaq so I don't think it would be that easy. Both are slow so it's not a foot race. hmmm benches? I think those 2 minutes of Carlos Boozer will probably swing the series. I have him penciled in for 20-10 per 36 so divide by 18 we are looking at a solid 1.1-0.6 per game. But what if Paul Silas holds him under his career efficiency marks and he only makes 44% of his shots. Looks like the pendulum just swung back in the other direction! TOO CLOSE TO CALL! Will wait to hear matchups on this one.

Ebbs
06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
I don't understand either of these teams lol

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 04:28 PM

Seems like a classic half-court vs uptempo game.

Shammyguy3
06-19-2017, 06:31 PM

Not sure what's confusing about my team

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 08:13 PM

My only guess is he is thrown off by your lineup playing guys "out of position." Jerry West normally plays SG and Rodman normally plays PF. I have no problem with either label switch myself but that is my theory.

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 08:14 PM
My gut was Moraband but this one is the toughest of all the matchups. Pippen guards West. Then does Moraband have enough play-making? Webber is one of the best passing PFs in the game so that helps and we can't expect Pippen to shut out a top 20 player like West so yes I think they do. Let's look at the other end of the floor. Rodman on Harden? That would be insane. :laugh: Wow I would love to see that. You might just keep West on Harden and put Rodman on Pippen. Nah I would use Rodman on Harden and put West on Pippen and then shift Hornacek on Lowry. I want to see hornacek/lowry are a wash but I don't know if I buy that. Wow this one is tricky. hmmm. Yao vs. Gilmore also feels like a wash. Slight edge to Gilmore. But Yao had the leg strength to hold his own against Shaq so I don't think it would be that easy. Both are slow so it's not a foot race. hmmm benches? I think those 2 minutes of Carlos Boozer will probably swing the series. I have him penciled in for 20-10 per 36 so divide by 18 we are looking at a solid 1.1-0.6 per game. But what if Paul Silas holds him under his career efficiency marks and he only makes 44% of his shots. Looks like the pendulum just swung back in the other direction! TOO CLOSE TO CALL! Will wait to hear matchups on this one.

Anyone doing a writeup? I genuinely want to hear game strategy here.

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 08:17 PM

He's just being a douche

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 08:18 PM

Seriously that sways my vote too.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2017, 08:48 PM
I don't like either teams. That first team has talent but everything about it seems weird. I'd still probably pick them over the Harden led team but not sure how I could vote for that team in the 2nd round.

valade16
06-19-2017, 11:36 PM

:laugh:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Wasn't there a better PG that Hinrich?

Like a Conley or a Eric Snow or Sam Cassell or Mark Jackson or M3oB or something?

Shammyguy3
06-20-2017, 12:10 AM
My only guess is he is thrown off by your lineup playing guys "out of position." Jerry West normally plays SG and Rodman normally plays PF. I have no problem with either label switch myself but that is my theory.
West is listed as a PG 12 out of 14 seasons.
Rodman in his prime with Detroit played SF 5 out of 7 seasons

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that, so it's gotta be something else that doesn't make sense

Tomorrow :)

I don't like either teams. That first team has talent but everything about it seems weird. I'd still probably pick them over the Harden led team but not sure how I could vote for that team in the 2nd round.

What seems weird exactly? Besides the team complimenting each other perfectly, both for a half court and up tempo game?

Like a Conley or a Eric Snow or Sam Cassell or Mark Jackson or M3oB or something?

Eric Snow maybe, but he wasn't better than Kirk

Raps18-19 Champ
06-20-2017, 12:29 AM
What seems weird exactly? Besides the team complimenting each other perfectly, both for a half court and up tempo game?

Maybe it does but something about that front court I cannot just get over. I guess I am also still bitter at the time I placed West at PG and was told he should be at SG (I think my roster was West-McGrady-DefletEnglish-Unseld-Howard and 6th English)

Didn't he make a bunch of All NBA defensive team? Or am I thinking of someone else.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2017, 05:30 AM

Funny guy.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2017, 05:32 AM
West is listed as a PG 12 out of 14 seasons.
Rodman in his prime with Detroit played SF 5 out of 7 seasons

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that, so it's gotta be something else that doesn't make sense

Tomorrow :)

Yeah I really think it is the position thing. Nothing else jumps out at me. Like I said it doesnt bother me. Looking forward to the writeup. :)

Dunkapolooza
06-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Here's my problem. Ai is better then Lowry. Way better. Lowry leading that 6ers team wins 30 games. They don't make it to the finals. Hell I think ai is slightly better than harden. Ai with a high schoolers body got more defense out of himself then harden who is about the size of Gary Payton. Lol

Pippen and Marion is so dope lol. Pippen doesn't have anyone to guard though. He's best at guarding wings, and while he can check guards, he's not the best all time at that. He's best at checking wings. Limits his value.

Ais bench is hella better though. So it's rough for me. West has gotta be more productive then harden and ai splitting time. I kinda think he can.

Greet
06-20-2017, 03:30 PM
I have a slight lean towards AI, but I definitely need a write-up to vote. So many confusing things.. Rodman @ the 3, AI on the bench... but that offensive tempo of AI (team) would be pretty cool to watch

NYKalltheway
06-20-2017, 05:40 PM

Jerry West is a standard PG. He just could shoot, which was confusing for most in the previous eras as a PG had to pass and the SG had to shoot. If you shot more than you passed, you were branded a SG (example for confirmation, Pete Maravich). He's not really different from what Steph Curry is today.
As for Rodman, he started as a SF and was quite good at it, but of course if you wanna call him an elite reboudning machine, he'd have to be a PF.

Wouldn't call this "out of position", it's actually pretty well set up.

Shammyguy3
06-22-2017, 12:13 PM
I'll wait for the write ups but, slight edge to Morband's team here.

You voted for AI lol

valade16
06-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Moraband Sith wins

Shammyguy3
06-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Of course it's a better team :P