PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Auction Playoffs (Team KDS vs. Mission San Miguel Arcangel)

valade16
06-19-2017, 12:04 PM
Every year Posters from PSD come together and do a secret auction of all players throughout NBA history attempting to make the best team and win the PSD All-Time Auction Championship! The teams have been seeded and are now in the playoffs. Please look over the teams and vote based on which team you think would win in a 7 game playoff series.

Team KDS has the higher seed and will have home court advantage in the series.

Team KDS:

PG: Jason Kidd | Earl "The Pearl" Monroe
SG: Mitch Richmond | Dave Bing
SF: Dan Majerle | Billy Cunningham
PF: Bob Pettit | Jermaine O'Neal
C: Tim Duncan | Jerry Lucas

vs.

Mission San Miguel Arcangel:

PG: Fat Lever (22) / Terry Porter (20) / Paul Pressey (6)
SG: David Thompson (35) / Paul Pressey (10) / Fat Lever (3)
SF: Rick Barry (33) / James Worthy (11) / Paul Pressey (4)
PF: Draymond Green (28) / Larry Nance (12) / James Worthy (8)
C. Bill Russell (35) / Arvydas Sabonis (10) / Draymond Green (3)

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 12:46 PM
Starters go with Teal KDS, the bench I'm going with MSMA.

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 02:29 PM
I don't really get MSMA's offense. Who runs the show? I don't like Lever/Thompson/Barry. I don't think the pieces fit. Meanwhile KDS fits like a glove. Kidd runs the show and can excel in transition and the half-court. People forget how good Nets J-Kidd really was in his prime. He was a legit MVP candidate. Led them to the Finals. Duncan is the consumate winner and I love the Rock&Thunder combo on the wing. You get defense and scoring as both are legit perimeter threats who can do more than just shoot.

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Team KDS easily imo.

Dunkapolooza
06-20-2017, 12:45 AM
I'd love to see a write up about how msma envisions his team playing. He's got so much talent. Way more scoring. Worthy off the bench? Lol. Draymond and Russell has amazing ball movement. Pettit and Duncan will have their hands full trying to score

I feel like kds' main argument is Tim Duncan and a ho-hum cast of clearly defined roles. I don't really like the big men combo. I'm not a pettit hater I just think Duncan shouldn't be paired with a true pf like that. He wins against other pf. Against the top C's? Not so sure, so that will hurt later.

Tough for me. But I love David Thompson and a lot of Msma's players lol

Raps18-19 Champ
06-20-2017, 01:16 AM
Rick Barry isn't going to lead a team to a title against top 10-20 players in this game.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2017, 05:20 AM
I'd love to see a write up about how msma envisions his team playing. He's got so much talent. Way more scoring. Worthy off the bench? Lol. Draymond and Russell has amazing ball movement. Pettit and Duncan will have their hands full trying to score

I feel like kds' main argument is Tim Duncan and a ho-hum cast of clearly defined roles. I don't really like the big men combo. I'm not a pettit hater I just think Duncan shouldn't be paired with a true pf like that. He wins against other pf. Against the top C's? Not so sure, so that will hurt later.

He only has Worthy playing 19 minutes. Makes sense you dont want to cut into PAUL PRESSEY'S MINUTES FOR JAMES WORTHY. That is reason enough to vote for the other team.

Might as well have just gone bold and put Barry at PG or slide Thompson to super 6th man. Worthy should be a featured player on that team.

kdspurman
06-20-2017, 10:44 AM

I think part of what made TD great was his willingness and versatility to guard the 4 and the 5. Obviously depending on the match up he'll have tougher assignments, but on the flip slide he'll have to be guarded too by a bigger/slower guy. But I mean the guy is one of the greatest ever defensively as a big. I would've loved to have him next to a 7 footer, but it is what it is. I'll have to adjust what the front line/philosophy looks like based on match ups.

Also, don't sleep on Kidd. TD is obviously the main guy, but Kidd is an All NBA/All Defensive player. Took his team to a couple championships and came 2nd in MVP voting in 02.

Greet
06-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Jason Kidd is a top 20-30 player of all time some people would say (me being one of them as a Nets fan). He was probably the first guard post-magic that was a real triple-double threat every night. He could defend almost any 1-3 and some 4s. I'm a homer, but Kidd was a masterful player who knew how to run an offense. Him and Duncan is an incredible combination.

valade16
06-20-2017, 04:21 PM
I liked MSMA more than most. Russell gets disrespected in this but he's the best defensive C ever and he's got plenty of offense and defense surrounding him. Worthy, Porter, Sabonis is among the best benches in the game...

But all that being said KDS is an excellently built squad. Pettit is very underrated and was one of 2 teams to actually beat Russell's Celtics for a title.

I do think MSMA's wings would torch KDS' but they are severely under utilizing Worthy and for that reason I have a slight (game 7 3 point victory) to KDS.

KnicksorBust
06-21-2017, 07:57 AM
I liked MSMA more than most. Russell gets disrespected in this but he's the best defensive C ever and he's got plenty of offense and defense surrounding him. Worthy, Porter, Sabonis is among the best benches in the game...

But all that being said KDS is an excellently built squad. Pettit is very underrated and was one of 2 teams to actually beat Russell's Celtics for a title.

I do think MSMA's wings would torch KDS' but they are severely under utilizing Worthy and for that reason I have a slight (game 7 3 point victory) to KDS.

Isn't it easier to have a good bench when you don't know how to make your best starting lineup?

valade16
06-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Team KDS wins