PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Auction Playoffs (Dunkapolooza vs. Team Pmott)

valade16
06-19-2017, 11:31 AM
Every year Posters from PSD come together and do a secret auction of all players throughout NBA history attempting to make the best team and win the PSD All-Time Auction Championship! The teams have been seeded and are now in the playoffs. Please look over the teams and vote based on which team you think would win in a 7 game playoff series.

Dunkapolooza has the higher seed and will have home court advantage in the series.

Dunkapolooza:

PG: Anfernee Hardaway 29 / Derrick Rose 16 / Byron Scott 3
SG: Dwyane Wade 36 / Anfernee Hardaway 6 / Byron Scott 4 / Paul George 2
SF: Paul George 31 / Rashard Lewis 13 / Larry Johnson 4
PF: Dave Debusschere 22 / Larry Johnson 14 / Rashard Lewis 6 / Alonzo Mourning 6
C: Alonzo Mourning 30 / Walt Bellamy 18

vs

Team Pmott:

PG: John Wall (34min) / Nate McMillan (14min)
SG: Reggie Miller (36min) / Danny Green (12min)
SF: Shane Battier (32min) / James Posey (16min)
PF: Charles Barkley (40min) / Maurice Lucas (6min) / James Posey (2min)
C: Jack Sikma (24min) / Dikembe Mutombo (24min)

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Ok Gents, write up? Goes your teams playing each other? This is a great matchup but trying to figure out how Dunks team is going to stop Sir Charles....

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 02:25 PM
No respect for Dave D and all his all-defensive teams?

How is Pmott going to hide Reggie Miller? He will get abused by Wade/Penny/PG. I like Dunka's passing way better than pmott (4 legit passers) and he has better defense.

I like Dunka's team a lot more.

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Lololol 1960's-1970's 6'5 220 pounds Dave isn't coming close to holding Charles jock strap let alone minimizing Barkley.

Reggie isn't alone, J Wall and Shane Battier help round out the team.

I haven't picked on any of the matchup gets but it's a lot closer...

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Lololol 1960's-1970's 6'5 220 pounds Dave isn't coming close to holding Charles jock strap let alone minimizing Barkley.

Let's hear your alleged height/weight for the Chuckster and why Dave D can't guard him. I'm all ears. :)

How do you hide Reggie? Don't just name his teammates. Who does he guard and how?

valade16
06-19-2017, 02:45 PM

If Dave DeBusschere isn't stopping Barkley no way is Shane Battier stopping Wade/Penny/PG

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 02:52 PM
If Dave DeBusschere isn't stopping Barkley no way is Shane Battier stopping Wade/Penny/PG

His explicit reference to the era Dave played in implies to me that he is biased against players from earlier generations and finds them to be athletically inferior. I would be curious to know what his tipping point is...

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 03:15 PM
Let's hear your alleged height/weight for the Chuckster and why Dave D can't guard him. I'm all ears. :)

How do you hide Reggie? Don't just name his teammates. Who does he guard and how?

6'6 240lbs Round mound of rebound! Chuck would destroy Dave and it's not even close lol

I laugh when people bring up these old school high short wearing white Boys from the 70's :laugh2: give me a break.

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 03:16 PM
His explicit reference to the era Dave played in implies to me that he is biased against players from earlier generations and finds them to be athletically inferior. I would be curious to know what his tipping point is...

You don't think so? Yes I believe each generation gets better and better...

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 03:17 PM

Exactly no way Battier can "stop" any of those guys but he wouldn't be a push over either. Battier was a pretty good defender on some of the elite wing players.

Ebbs
06-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Bad matchup for P Mott here.

KnicksorBust
06-19-2017, 03:31 PM

6'6 240lbs Round mound of rebound! Chuck would destroy Dave and it's not even close lol

I laugh when people bring up these old school high short wearing white Boys from the 70's :laugh2: give me a break.

Boo.

No real argument and ducked the 2nd part of the post.

GREATNESS ONE
06-19-2017, 04:08 PM
Boo.

No real argument and ducked the 2nd part of the post.

Reggie wasn't that bad of a defender, he was tenacious and always played tough. He would guard Penny, Battier would stick on Wade the entire game and John Wall would try and guard PG Lolol

I still slightly favor Dunk's team but I don't think it would be a route.

Super.
06-19-2017, 07:09 PM

This can't be serious

Dunkapolooza
06-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Dunkapolooza:

PG: Anfernee Hardaway 29 / Derrick Rose 17 / Byron Scott 1 / Wade 1
SG: Dwyane Wade 37 / Anfernee Hardaway 7 / Paul George 4
SF: Paul George 31 / Rashard Lewis 17
PF: Dave Debusschere 22 / Larry Johnson 19 / Alonzo Mourning 7
C: Alonzo Mourning 29 / Walt Bellamy 19

Dave debusschere; the premier defender in the NBA in his time, was best suited guarding guys like Barkley in unseld, Reed, and Hayes. Going to six straight all d teams and 8 all star games. At a time when back to the basket play and Charles bully ball style was common. Charles is the perfect kind of guy for him to guard.

For multiple looks I have Larry Johnson coming off the bench, who is nearly the same size, an insane athlete, and in head to head stats has more points, rebounds, assists, less turnovers, and more wins in the 11 games they played from 1991 to the one game in 1998. On paper Johnson won that match up in real life.

I can even throw Alonzo at him for a different size speed look when Bellamy is in. Who doesn't need all d to guard sikma or mutombo. And Walt can take Alonzo scoring and add to my rebounds. Between the three of them I don't think I'll have to double team at all to handle Barkley. Therefore, I don't have to leave his shooters.

Paul George the primary defender on Reggie is used to covering three point shooters. All my wings can fight through screens enough to stay with Reggie and the ball pressure from my big athletic guards should make off ball screen plays to Miller tough.

Wade, penny, and rose all have walls athletic ability and are more efficient. And mostly more size too. I will not need much help against him - even when my bench comes in. His best play maker, best athlete, and third best scorer would barely play on my team.

I foresee very little from his offense that will either force a double or a rotation consistently.

Barkley, Reggie, and wall must play a perfect game every time to win because he has very little offensive help outside them. Who can get their own shot? I have a lot of players that can get their own shot or set up shots for others. All my wings can pass as the primary superstar play maker for their team. Even Larry Johnson with more than 4 assists a game.

All force rotations with driving or passing. And I have athletic back to the basket players too in zo, Bellamy, and Wade. His defense relies on one way players to cover up sub par defenders and will have to rotate often because of it against me. Which so many of my players can exploit in a multitude of ways.

Battier, his best wing defender, can't guard my best o player. (26.4 pts .509% fg, 6.7 ft, 79% ft against him head to head.) Batter is not ideally quick enough to handle my wings. And mutombo will be under siege when he comes in, by guys who can pass away from him when dikembe commits. Sikma is deterring nobody on my team.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2017, 05:26 AM
Dunkapolooza:

PG: Anfernee Hardaway 29 / Derrick Rose 17 / Byron Scott 1 / Wade 1
SG: Dwyane Wade 37 / Anfernee Hardaway 7 / Paul George 4
SF: Paul George 31 / Rashard Lewis 17
PF: Dave Debusschere 22 / Larry Johnson 19 / Alonzo Mourning 7
C: Alonzo Mourning 29 / Walt Bellamy 19

Dave debusschere; the premier defender in the NBA in his time, was best suited guarding guys like Barkley in unseld, Reed, and Hayes. Going to six straight all d teams and 8 all star games. At a time when back to the basket play and Charles bully ball style was common. Charles is the perfect kind of guy for him to guard.

For multiple looks I have Larry Johnson coming off the bench, who is nearly the same size, an insane athlete, and in head to head stats has more points, rebounds, assists, less turnovers, and more wins in the 11 games they played from 1991 to the one game in 1998. On paper Johnson won that match up in real life.

I can even throw Alonzo at him for a different size speed look when Bellamy is in. Who doesn't need all d to guard sikma or mutombo. And Walt can take Alonzo scoring and add to my rebounds. Between the three of them I don't think I'll have to double team at all to handle Barkley. Therefore, I don't have to leave his shooters.

Paul George the primary defender on Reggie is used to covering three point shooters. All my wings can fight through screens enough to stay with Reggie and the ball pressure from my big athletic guards should make off ball screen plays to Miller tough.

Wade, penny, and rose all have walls athletic ability and are more efficient. And mostly more size too. I will not need much help against him - even when my bench comes in. His best play maker, best athlete, and third best scorer would barely play on my team.

I foresee very little from his offense that will either force a double or a rotation consistently.

Barkley, Reggie, and wall must play a perfect game every time to win because he has very little offensive help outside them. Who can get their own shot? I have a lot of players that can get their own shot or set up shots for others. All my wings can pass as the primary superstar play maker for their team. Even Larry Johnson with more than 4 assists a game.

All force rotations with driving or passing. And I have athletic back to the basket players too in zo, Bellamy, and Wade. His defense relies on one way players to cover up sub par defenders and will have to rotate often because of it against me. Which so many of my players can exploit in a multitude of ways.

Battier, his best wing defender, can't guard my best o player. (26.4 pts .509% fg, 6.7 ft, 79% ft against him head to head.) Batter is not ideally quick enough to handle my wings. And mutombo will be under siege when he comes in, by guys who can pass away from him when dikembe commits. Sikma is deterring nobody on my team.

I actually love PG in an all-time game. He gets to be a super role player. He has all the skills you want with the athleticism and talent of a star. If his only assignment is to contest Reggie Miller jumpshots and maybe drop 12-15ppg he would be amazing at it.

Dunkapolooza
06-20-2017, 02:00 PM
He really is a player with no discernable weakness in this. Effective at everything. He'd be junk if he had to be your third best scorer. I like his fit with penny and Wade a lot

KnicksorBust
06-20-2017, 02:11 PM
He really is a player with no discernable weakness in this. Effective at everything. He'd be junk if he had to be your third best scorer. I like his fit with penny and Wade a lot

Right. In an all-time game where he is your 5th best player he looks great though. Super athletic team with the defense to back up a run and gun offense. I like this team more and more. Lets get to the next round!

Greet
06-20-2017, 03:26 PM
While I think you guys are underestimating Chuck, even against a great defender. It seems like dunkapolooza will win this one pretty handily.

Shammyguy3
06-20-2017, 08:29 PM
I believe I had pmott ranked higher in my ballot, but this is a bad matchup for them

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2017, 09:00 PM
While I think you guys are underestimating Chuck, even against a great defender. It seems like dunkapolooza will win this one pretty handily.
This guy gets it!

Dunkapolooza
06-21-2017, 03:55 AM
I don't think anyone is underestimating Chuck... Half my write up and my rotation is devoted to limiting him.

Besides my back up, and one of three of my options, actually out played him in their limited head to head sample size. Outside of the first round pfs the match ups don't get much harder for Barkley.

Or easier for Wade.

dhopisthename
06-21-2017, 02:05 PM
the thing that really hurts pmott is that he can't start Mutumbo. I didn't even realize that when doing my rankings.

valade16
06-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Dunkapolooza wins