PDA

View Full Version : Official Paul George Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Stunner
06-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Sources: All-Star Paul George tells Pacers he plans to leave franchise in 2018 free agency, prefers Lakers.

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/876519819394338816

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 03:30 PM
My prediction is Ainge takes a chance that he'll like Boston. Gets him at a relative discount because of the uncertainty.

Aust
06-18-2017, 03:34 PM
Yes, come to daddy.

Russ/Ball
Russ/Ball
PG
Ingram
Zubac/small ball Randle and Nance

Ingram needs to gain more weight over the next few seasons and get more consistent w/shot mechanics.

My prediction is Ainge takes a chance that he'll like Boston. Gets him at a relative discount because of the uncertainty.

No, go away. Get Butler.
He would be a legend for life in LA if he bolted for here after you paid assets for him.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 03:35 PM

I think you're right, good call.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 03:37 PM
Can't lie I was coming in ready to shut down a fake tweet but I was luckily wrong.

Get him and someone else to the Celtics Wade and a couple pieces to the Cavs or Miami after they add Hayward or BG.

Paul to the Spurs

An all star to the Rockets

Just whatever. This league and its fans need parity!

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 03:38 PM
When is the last time a top level player told his team he was leaving the year before?

Bostonjorge
06-18-2017, 03:40 PM
It has begun

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 03:42 PM
Yes, come to daddy.

Russ/Ball
Russ/Ball
PG
Ingram
Zubac/small ball Randle and Nance

Ingram needs to gain more weight over the next few seasons and get more consistent w/shot mechanics.

No, go away. Get Butler.
He would be a legend for life in LA if he bolted for here after you paid assets for him.

I don't think it'll take a ton with this pronouncement. Bradley, Crowder, that LA/SAC pick we just got, 2019 LAC lottery protected pick.

A pick we got just for moving back, a player I don't think we'll re-sign, a replicable rotation player and a non-lottery pick. You do this after getting Hayward in FA and making your pick in the draft. I think it's a risk you can take and it tips what LA would offer to IND. Gamble that a potential NBA finals run keeps him.

D Blue987
06-18-2017, 03:45 PM

They are definitely better off with Butler. If he is willing to leave the Pacers and leave money on the table no matter what, he is going to the team he desires. Seems to be the Lakers.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 03:46 PM

Magic out here trolling lmao!

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 03:48 PM
I actually think the two biggest contenders for the Lakers will be the Heat and the Celtics and I'm going to go ahead and say one of them trade for George this summer or season. Both could possibly trade for him and add another max level free agent.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 03:48 PM
They are definitely better off with Butler. If he is willing to leave the Pacers and leave money on the table no matter what, he is going to the team he desires. Seems to be the Lakers.

Butler will cost a premium because CHI doesn't need to deal him. PG will come at a discount now. Ainge has enough assets to gamble on PG at a discount price.

Stunner
06-18-2017, 03:49 PM
PG not staying with Boston IDC what you give up it's not worth it. His heart is set on LA , only team that can take a chance and prob keep him are the Cavs.

valade16
06-18-2017, 03:55 PM
When is the last time a top level player told his team he was leaving the year before?

Did Melo?

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 03:56 PM
PG not staying with Boston IDC what you give up it's not worth it. His heart is set on LA , only team that can take a chance and prob keep him are the Cavs.

You're underselling both Miami and Boston. Both teams would be ready to compete and he would be heir best player. He would probably rather that than playing in LeBrons shadow.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 03:58 PM
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/02/paul_george_most_excited_to_se.html - PG says he's excited to meet IT at the all-star game.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/report-paul-george-wants-to-play-with-gordon-hayward/ - PG's reported interest of playing with Hayward who BOS can sign in addition to trading for him.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/03/al_horford_isaiah_thomas_bosto.html - PG saying he's impressed with the way Boston's offensive system runs.

If BOS can sign GH and trade for PG at a discount (the price I mentioned above) I think they can go to the NBA finals. Lakers are still rebuilding and won't be able to add another top talent with him unless they attach all they already have to dump those albatross contracts. They won't have picks to do it since they lose next year's. No one is taking on Deng or Mozgov for a 2020 Lakers pick while they have PG and Cousins. It's going to take established roster player. He obviously loves LA but at a discount price I take the gamble if I'm Ainge.

Aust
06-18-2017, 04:00 PM
I don't think it'll take a ton with this pronouncement. Bradley, Crowder, that LA/SAC pick we just got, 2019 LAC lottery protected pick.

A pick we got just for moving back, a player I don't think we'll re-sign, a replicable rotation player and a non-lottery pick. You do this after getting Hayward in FA and making your pick in the draft. I think it's a risk you can take and it tips what LA would offer to IND. Gamble that a potential NBA finals run keeps him.

This might actually be good for the Lakers. On Indy, he's more likely to get an All-NBA nod than on a talented Celtic team with plenty of options.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Did Melo?

When he was on the Nuggets or now? I don't think he has but I would assume it's a given he leaves next year if he isn't traded.

Stunner
06-18-2017, 04:01 PM
You're underselling both Miami and Boston. Both teams would be ready to compete and he would be heir best player. He would probably rather that than playing in LeBrons shadow.

I'm not underselling just going off what the report says . PG has been linked to the Lakers for years and they have the edge imo seeing he's a cali boy prob wanting the play for them since he was a kid.

Also don't count out the Lakers possibly dealing for him without giving up a haul as well. Russell , salary and a 1st rounder prob can net them PG. Pacers also prob don't want Paul in the east if dealt

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:02 PM
I mean this pretty much assures he's traded does it not? No way you have him play out the season and destroy team chemistry and get nothing back for him.

lol, please
06-18-2017, 04:06 PM
I'd be excited to see him with either the Lakers or Boston, but kinda sad to see him leave the Pacers.

I'd normally say that I wonder if this ignites a rivalry in the offseason between Boston and the Lakers like the Dwight sweepstakes did that summer between the Rockets and Warriors, but we all know the Celtics/Lakers have had a rivalry for years.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm not underselling just going off what the report says . PG has been linked to the Lakers for years and they have the edge imo seeing he's a cali boy prob wanting the play for them since he was a kid.

Yea the Lakers are definitely front runners but if Miami or Boston can get him they have a year to convince him to stay and I bet their teams look something like this.....

Celtics:

IT
Hayward
PG
Idk
Horford

Or

IT
Bradley
George
Griffin
Horford

Miami:

Dragic
Hayward/Wade???
George
Babbit or Johnson
Whiteside

Dragic
Waiters/Wade???
George
Griffin
Whiteside

Does Wade go back at a discount to contend and admit he was wrong for leaving?

Hard to just up and leave either of those teams as both are contenders.

I think the top 3 in order goes: Lakers.....Heat/Celtics

George was just liking pictures the other day of him in Heat jerseys with people telling him to come to Miami.

redsox12
06-18-2017, 04:08 PM
No way I'd trade for George if i'm the Celtics now. I'd go in for Butler or if not just draft Tatum, hold on to the picks and see what happens next year.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Stunner, I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers trade for George as you said. This would give them Bird rights wouldn't it?

redsox12
06-18-2017, 04:10 PM
George to CLE for Love straight up, who says no?

C-ross12
06-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Hopefully the Pacers can get ahead of this and try to retain any value PG had.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:13 PM

I would say the Pacers as it makes them worse and does nothing for their future by tying up a lot of cap space.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 04:14 PM

Also don't count out the Lakers possibly dealing for him without giving up a haul as well. Russell , salary and a 1st rounder prob can net them PG. Pacers also prob don't want Paul in the east if dealt

Makes sense for the Lakers but is there enough upside?

Ball/Clarkson
Ingram
PG/Deng
Randle/Nance
Zubac/Mozgov

The 1st rounder they can give up wouldn't be until 2020. So that means after that they can't give anything up until 2022. Basically there's no assets to attach to Deng/Mozgov. So that right there is what you have to roll with. You NEED Ball/Ingram to both pan out as not just good players but legit all stars that can be #2/3 on a title team. Very risky on their end.

lol, please
06-18-2017, 04:16 PM

PG is way more valuable than Love, lol.

And as Wade03 said, the Pacers get worse.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:16 PM

Ball/Clarkson
Ingram
PG/Deng
Randle/Nance
Zubac/Mozgov

The 1st rounder they can give up wouldn't be until 2020. So that means after that they can't give anything up until 2022. Basically there's no assets to attach to Deng/Mozgov. So that right there is what you have to roll with. You NEED Ball/Ingram to both pan out as not just good players but legit all stars that can be #2/3 on a title team. Very risky on their end.

Having his bird rights would definitely help them add more free agents next summer. They also have he assets to trade for other all star level players.

redsox12
06-18-2017, 04:19 PM
PG is way more valuable than Love, lol.

And as Wade03 said, the Pacers get worse.

Worst than getting nothing for George? At this point, no one is overpaying for 1 year of George, unless they can get Randle or Russell for George so he can go on to LA now, why not get at least a decent Kevin Love?

WaDe03

You want to give up Bradley and Crowder? Is this for cap reason and because you're willing to take the gamble on getting Hayward or Griffin?

lol, please

Ball/Clarkson
Ingram
PG/Deng
Randle/Nance
Zubac/Mozgov

You can say that about every NBA team ever, lol.

And yet another reason I laugh at tank conspiracists. Draft picks are always a gamble, and you always are taking a chance that rookies with hype/promise work out and reach their potential. It's literally the whole point.

IndyRealist
06-18-2017, 04:20 PM

At this point I'll take it.

warfelg
06-18-2017, 04:20 PM

Same was said of Paul Pierce most his career and he stayed in Boston until he was a shell of his former self.

Being on a good team will always outweigh playing for your hometown team and I couldn't give two ***** what these guys say.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:21 PM
I think this is going to be the craziest offseason we've seen in awhile. It's just building up towards that. Not only will there be big free agency moves, there will also be big trades and we've already seen a big trade already. The last 2 days we've got some pretty big news.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Having his bird rights would definitely help them add more free agents next summer. They also have he assets to trade for other all star level players.

His bird rights will carry a cap hold of about $30M which is right what his max would be. There's no benefit for them there.

However, they won't have max space for him unless they can dump either Deng/Mozgov. They can dump Clarkson if PG will take a little pay-cut.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Worst than getting nothing for George? At this point, no one is overpaying for 1 year of George, unless they can get Randle or Russell for George so he can go on to LA now, why not get at least a decent Kevin Love?

Ties up a lot of cap space. They could trade George for some picks and/or young players even though he came out and said this. Getting some young pieces for George and being mediocre for a few year while Turner continues to improve is their best bet imo.

IndyRealist
06-18-2017, 04:23 PM
You want to give up Bradley and Crowder? Is this for cap reason and because you're willing to take the gamble on getting Hayward or Griffin?

I think if they can sign Hayward and then trade for George, they'd have to open up spots on the wing anyway. Bradley's the odd man out and Crowder's going to lose minutes.

Aust
06-18-2017, 04:24 PM
The Lakers were told last season not to give up assets for him and it's been said that he's "hellbent" on coming here. LA is also confident they can get him. These three things have been individually reported.

I'd say it's highly unlikely we trade for him. Any assets used to acquire could be better spent on Deng/Moz.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:24 PM
His bird rights will carry a cap hold of about $30M which is right what his max would be. There's no benefit for them there.

However, they won't have max space for him unless they can dump either Deng/Mozgov. They can dump Clarkson if PG will take a little pay-cut.

Thanks for the info, I always forget about those cap holds. They might as well hold off then.

Dade County
06-18-2017, 04:25 PM
We already knew this... So i am guessing the Pacers put this out.

Pat will take the chance on PG. I dont see any other team that will take the chance on him.

redsox12
Ties up a lot of cap space. They could trade George for some picks and/or young players even though he came out and said this. Getting some young pieces for George and being mediocre for a few year while Turner continues to improve is their best bet imo.

Probably the best bet is to get Russell for George. Then they can continute to rebuild and trade Teague for picks as well

IND

SG C.J. Miles
PG Russell
PF ?
PF Young
C Turner

LA

SG Ingram
PG Ball
SF George
PF Randle
C Black

hugepatsfan

To make it work you have to first sign your max FA. Then Bradley and Crowder as the outgoing salary is close enough to PG that you can get him back in the trade while going over the cap.

There are other combinations that work but I don't want to give up the younger pieces (#3 pick, Smart, Brown). I don't want to pay Bradley (I like him just too much luxury tax implications). So Bradley/Crowder is the salary matching duo for me.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 04:28 PM
This might actually be good for the Lakers. On Indy, he's more likely to get an All-NBA nod than on a talented Celtic team with plenty of options.

He's ineligible for the "super max" if traded regardless of all-NBA. Only IND can give him that.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Same was said of Paul Pierce most his career and he stayed in Boston until he was a shell of his former self.

Being on a good team will always outweigh playing for your hometown team and I couldn't give two ***** what these guys say.

Eh. This seems different. Much more real. I just think it's a good risk to take for BOS for the non-premium assets. In my proposed trade we'd still have:

Jaylen
#3 pick this year
2018 BRK pick
2019 MEM pick (protected 1-7, then I think 1-3 in 2020 then unprotected in 2021)
Yabusele/Zizic (some upside though obviously very unproven being foreign guys)
Smart/Rozier (young but no upside)
our own 1st rounders which are late

I feel the cupboard isn't emptied even giving up that LAL/SAC pick. Crowder to me is a JAG (just another guy). Bradley I think I'd make the tough call to let go after the year anyway. The LAC pick is lottery protected for a few years then becomes a 2nd if not conveyed so will never be a premium piece.

If he walks I don't think it's crippling. Worth a shot to impress him. We'd probably push for a Finals berth if we get him/Hayward.

Stunner
06-18-2017, 04:35 PM
I would say the Pacers as it makes them worse and does nothing for their future by tying up a lot of cap space.

Pacers taking anything of value they aren't in the situation to be picky at least Love can at least keep them somewhat competitive but that's not saying much

Aust
06-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Although George would constitute a significant acquisition for Los Angeles, the rebuilding Lakers do not currently intend to part with any of their young assets in a trade with the Pacers, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

Team's current stance. We'll see if it changes.

Steve Kyler‏ @stevekylerNBA

Was told Celtics not interested in giving up anything for one year rental.

Brian Geltzeiler‏ @hoopscritic

If a contender has the assets for Paul George, they shouldn't be deterred by the Lakers request. Hearing he can be sold on a winner

He's ineligible for the "super max" if traded regardless of all-NBA. Only IND can give him that.

Good to know. Thanks

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Pacers taking anything of value they aren't in the situation to be picky at least Love can at least keep them somewhat competitive but that's not saying much

But do they want they are do they want to maximize their picks?

Get Porter JR Ayton or Doncic to go with Turner and that's a good place to start building and that's just one pick/young player they could add. They would have multiple.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Team's current stance. We'll see if it changes.

Good to know. Thanks

This is what I'm thinking as well. A contender or team with the cap to build a contender this summer will trade for him. It will be hard for him to leave a contender.

Aust
06-18-2017, 04:41 PM
If Indy does Love - PG, I'm guessing it would need to be a 3 team deal where Love goes to the 3rd team and that team's assets go to Indy.

Dade County
06-18-2017, 04:44 PM
I think Boston trades for Butler. While Miami targers PG or another star player.

Both Miami & Boston will be targetting Hayward or Blake. So both teams are trying to bring in an All Star before free agency starts.

Both teams are trying to create their own big 4. Of course they would have to trade some contracts away.

Miami:
Dragic, PG (or another star player), Whiteside & a free agent star.

Boston:
Thomas, Butler, Horford & a free agent star.

Key free agents...

Hayward, Blake, Cp3, Gallinari

We are all assuming that, KD & Curry are signing back with GS.

Aust
06-18-2017, 04:48 PM
Steve Kyler‏ @stevekylerNBA

Have heard Suns active in draft-related trade talks coule be third team in a couple of scenarios including George. They are open to ideas.

Interesting

redsox12
06-18-2017, 04:49 PM
If Indy does Love - PG, I'm guessing it would need to be a 3 team deal where Love goes to the 3rd team and that team's assets go to Indy.

I posted this in the Celtics forum.

BOS trades 3 to Kings for 5 and 10 then trades 10 and Crowder to IND, George to CLE, and Love to Boston who still signs Hayward to max. Boston drafts Dennis Smith jr. to replace IT next year. IND draft John Collins at 10

IND

SG C.J. Miles
PG Teague
SF Young
PF Collins
C Turner

CLE

SG Smith
PG Irving
SF James
PF George
C Thomas

BOS

SG Bradley
PG Thomas/Smith Jr.
SF Hayward
PF Love
C Horford

Hustla23
06-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Why does PG want to go to LA anyway?

GiantsSwaGG
06-18-2017, 04:50 PM
PG screwed the Pacers

warfelg
06-18-2017, 04:52 PM
My question is does there become a point where other GM's cry foul if this happens?

And, if you were a GM of a team, would you help the Lakers clear the room for PG after all the public posturing for him to get there?

To answer my own questions:
Yes, I do think there will be a point where other GM's cry foul on this. This is too public to a team that doesn't have the cap space to sign him.

No, I wouldn't do a deal that helps them. Because then players will start trying to dictate where they want to go and GM's will be powerless to stop it.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 04:52 PM
If I'm IND im calling up Was trying to get Otto Porter jr

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Everyone has been saying if PG wants to go to cle he would have to tell managent he's leaving next year to basically force a trade. Kinda seems like that's what's happening.

If I'm CLE I'd do Kyrie for PG then look to move Love for a CJ McCollum

still1ballin
06-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Do the LT

:dance:

warfelg
06-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Interesting

Hmmm, flinging things around here:

Suns out: 4, Bledsoe
Suns in: 3

Celtics out: 3, Protected Nets Pick, Mem/LAC pick (lower of), Crowder
Celtics in: PG13

Indy out: PG13
Indy in: 4, Protected Nets pick, Mem/LAC pick (lower of), Crowder, Bledsoe

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 04:56 PM
PG screwed the Pacers

I would disagree to an extent. He told them a full year early which would allow them to get something in return. What KD did screwed the Thunder.

Aust
06-18-2017, 04:59 PM
My question is does there become a point where other GM's cry foul if this happens?

And, if you were a GM of a team, would you help the Lakers clear the room for PG after all the public posturing for him to get there?

Yes, I do think there will be a point where other GM's cry foul on this. This is too public to a team that doesn't have the cap space to sign him.

No, I wouldn't do a deal that helps them. Because then players will start trying to dictate where they want to go and GM's will be powerless to stop it.

Nonsense, they had a year to do something and chose to keep him. The Warriors needed to move Bogut, instead of being petty or "strategic", Dallas took him because they wanted to benefit from it. All this means is that LA loses leverage in trying to move Deng/Moz.

GiantsSwaGG
06-18-2017, 04:59 PM
I would disagree to an extent. He told them a full year early which would allow them to get something in return. What KD did screwed the Thunder.

He should of told them last season, then the Pacers probably would of did the deal with Boston. PG value pretty much diminishes with this announcement.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 05:00 PM
Call me crazy, this may very well be a ploy by George to get on Cleveland.

If he says he is open to going anywhere, he would have a lot of suitors. By saying he prefers LA, he essentially kills teams like Boston who are loaded with assets to trade for him. This makes Kevin Love look like a real good option. If Paul does not care about winning, LA is great, but I think the dude wants to win. I think this is a ploy for the Cavs, and the Lakers are being used a cover up because he doesn't want to act like Cleveland was his destination.

Just a theory, but he really did kill his trade market.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 05:00 PM
Interesting

They've been rumored to wanting to add a star player. This is what worries me here, a team that has no chance of retaining George next summer giving up the best assets for him and messing things up. I want to see him go to a contender to make things more interesting and give the league more parity.

IndyRealist
06-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Probably the best bet is to get Russell for George. Then they can continute to rebuild and trade Teague for picks as well

IND

SG C.J. Miles
PG Russell
PF ?
PF Young
C Turner

LA

SG Ingram
PG Ball
SF George
PF Randle
C Black

Teague is a free agent.

redsox12
06-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Everyone has been saying if PG wants to go to cle he would have to tell managent he's leaving next year to basically force a trade. Kinda seems like that's what's happening.

If I'm CLE I'd do Kyrie for PG then look to move Love for a CJ McCollum

If you trade Kyrie for PG? Why not just go all in for Chris Paul?

George joins the banana boat

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Another interesting theory by Chris Broussard.

Chris Broussard‏ Verified account @Chris_Broussard 1h1 hour ago
Why wouldn't Cavs do a rental for PG13. LeBron has only 1 yr left, plus move could get them off KLove contract. Add PG13 & go 4 GSt next yr

This basically allows Cleveland to keep Kyrie and start their rebuild process. Trade for PG13, go after GSW, and if LBJ and PG leave, thats 50m coming off Cleveland.

Aust
06-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Lillard, Lonzo, Lebron, George.. nice to see players showing some interest in us.

Dade County
06-18-2017, 05:04 PM

Players have the right to decide where they want to go... what are you trying to get at?

PG said when he becomes a free agent, he's looking at the Lakers. Nothing wrong with that. The Pacers already knew that. They just wanted PG to officially let them know. He did.

Now the Pacers have a chance to get something.

I wush Lbj did this, Pat would have traded him in a heartbeat. I bet OKC wish that KD told them he was going to leave.

Melo did the same.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 05:05 PM
I think if George is traded to a contender, we will see him motivated and he will retake his place as a top 8 player.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Just my personal opinion, I think this is PG13's personal way to get on Cleveland this season.

Aust
06-18-2017, 05:06 PM
They've been rumored to wanting to add a star player. This is what worries me here, a team that has no chance of retaining George next summer giving up the best assets for him and messing things up. I want to see him go to a contender to make things more interesting and give the league more parity.

I did not read it that way. I view it as them wanting to help facilitate a PG13 trade as the 3rd team. They've shown interest in trading up for the 2nd pick to get Lonzo, this could be related.

Aust
06-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Another interesting theory by Chris Broussard.

Chris Broussard‏ Verified account @Chris_Broussard 1h1 hour ago
Why wouldn't Cavs do a rental for PG13. LeBron has only 1 yr left, plus move could get them off KLove contract. Add PG13 & go 4 GSt next yr

This basically allows Cleveland to keep Kyrie and start their rebuild process. Trade for PG13, go after GSW, and if LBJ and PG leave, thats 50m coming off Cleveland.

This makes a lot of sense.

IndyRealist
06-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Shame he didn't decide last year, but I can't hold it against him. He's going to be a free agent, he can do what he wants. This leaking from "sources" kills any chance the Pacers have of getting value for him. Best they can hope for is picks.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 05:11 PM
I did not read it that way. I view it as them wanting to help facilitate a PG13 trade as the 3rd team. They've shown interest in trading up for the 2nd pick to get Lonzo, this could be related.

Yea didn't think of that. I was just basing this off what I've heard about them wanting a star.

warfelg
06-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Players have the right to decide where they want to go... what are you trying to get it?

PG said when he becomes a free agent, he's looking at the Lakers. Nothing wrong with that. The Pacers already knew that. They just wanted PG to officially let them know. He did.

Now the Pacers have a chance to get something.

I wush Lbj did this, Pat would have traded him in a heartbeat. I bet OKC wish that KD told them he was going to leave.

Melo did the same.

That he's already telling them not to trade for him, he's coming there and little can change his mind.

Yea I get it's free agency, but players telling teams where they want to go before they are even FA's leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not a fan of it at all. The idea of free agency isn't just that he can pick where he goes but all other teams can talk to him and sell themselves.

If this were the other way around and it was the Lakers talking there without a doubt would be tampering charges.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 05:16 PM
That he's already telling them not to trade for him, he's coming there and little can change his mind.

Yea I get it's free agency, but players telling teams where they want to go before they are even FA's leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not a fan of it at all. The idea of free agency isn't just that he can pick where he goes but all other teams can talk to him and sell themselves.

If this were the other way around and it was the Lakers talking there without a doubt would be tampering charges.

I like your posts but I disagree with this one. PG13 by doing this still allows Indiana to get something in return. LBJ going to miami and KD to GSW really screwed them over. Let's just say for example if Cleveland gives up Love to get PG on a 1 year rental, that gives Indiana a bonafide all star.

If the Cavs give up Love to another team with assets who send a lot of picks to indiana, it helps with their rebuild. It sucks for the Pacers but by PG coming out and being open he helps them in their rebuild, unlike KD who completely left OKC in the dark.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Hmmm, flinging things around here:

Suns out: 4, Bledsoe
Suns in: 3

Celtics out: 3, Protected Nets Pick, Mem/LAC pick (lower of), Crowder
Celtics in: PG13

Indy out: PG13
Indy in: 4, Protected Nets pick, Mem/LAC pick (lower of), Crowder, Bledsoe

I don't think BOS needs to give up #3 this year for him in this situation.

Also no way PHX gives up Bledsoe to move up one spot.

warfelg
06-18-2017, 05:24 PM
I like your posts but I disagree with this one. PG13 by doing this still allows Indiana to get something in return. LBJ going to miami and KD to GSW really screwed them over. Let's just say for example if Cleveland gives up Love to get PG on a 1 year rental, that gives Indiana a bonafide all star.

If the Cavs give up Love to another team with assets who send a lot of picks to indiana, it helps with their rebuild. It sucks for the Pacers but by PG coming out and being open he helps them in their rebuild, unlike KD who completely left OKC in the dark.

I'll be honest that I don't like it being public. Keep it in house. It's so easy to tell here that the leak is coming from his side too.

It's all in his right to tell Indy: "Hey look, you've treated me well, but I want to play at home while I'm still playing at a high level."

But what he should add is : "I'll also keep that from the media so you still have a shot to get a decent package."

I just don't like players being so public about wanting to leave. Give your current team at least some time to formulate a plan and a deal.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 05:31 PM
I'll be honest that I don't like it being public. Keep it in house. It's so easy to tell here that the leak is coming from his side too.

It's all in his right to tell Indy: "Hey look, you've treated me well, but I want to play at home while I'm still playing at a high level."

But what he should add is : "I'll also keep that from the media so you still have a shot to get a decent package."

I just don't like players being so public about wanting to leave. Give your current team at least some time to formulate a plan and a deal.

Makes sense, but in this specific case the fact he wanted LA was already extremely well known. The other kicker is the fact that if a team comes out and gives a great offer and want an extend and trade and PG says no, the team leaks that, that would also kill the value.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Also let this be a reminder you can never take what a player GM or coach say about things like this seriously. I literally just read yesterday George saying he's in Indy wants to be there and wants to win there. The next day he tells them he's leaving.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Writing was on the wall. Pacers should of cashed in last trade deadline cause now its public. Hardly any team gonna want a rental. So hardly any decent offers. Also Lakers signing him in 2018. So Pacers are SOL. How much capspace do the Lakers have in 2018? They need to unload dead beets of Deng and Mozgov to sign PG13 or what? Barring any crazy contracts this summer. Haven't checked their payroll.

warfelg
06-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Also let this be a reminder you can never take what a player GM or coach say about things like this seriously. I literally just read yesterday George saying he's in Indy wants to be there and wants to win there. The next day he tells them he's leaving.

I easily took that as "my contract says I have to be hear so I will give you my best until the end" more than "I want to end my career here.

D Blue987
06-18-2017, 05:35 PM

I understand where your coming from but the truth is Indiana should have dealt him last off season and gotten something for him. They have themselves to blame. They waited too long. It was already a forgone conclusion that he was going to test free agency when he told teams including Denver & Boston at the deadline that he has no inclination to sign long term with them. He is going to go where ever he wants to play and in the process likely going to leave millions on the table to do so. I think the only team that could or would be willing to potentially make a trade for him right now is Cleveland as its likely Lebron leaves the Cavs to sign elsewhere if they come up short against GS again which is very possible.

Dade County
06-18-2017, 05:37 PM

You don't think that Lakers knew already, not to trade their assets for PG?

PG went to his teammates & told them that he wants to be a Laker. Also it just takes on back channel phone call, to let the Lakers know that info.

PG doing this is on the Pacers. Because they kept on saying that PG didn't inform them that he will be leaving when his contract is up.

Now everyone knows. I hope the Pacers front office is happy.

So you want the other team to be tricked? Isn't that wrose?

Any team putting together a package will ask permission to talk to PG. & when PG lets them know that he wants to hit free agency & prefers the Lakers; the deal is dead.

Or they tall the Pacers front office, we call only give you this because he might be a 1yr rental.

But i get what you are trying to say.

Aust
06-18-2017, 05:38 PM
If Magic really likes Fox, I could see LA trading back to 4, getting the Suns 2018 pick, and dealing that for George. LA would still need to move Deng/Moz to either PHX or IND or a 3rd team in those deals or a separate team(s) in a standalone deal(s).

JC, Randle, 28th pick, 2 second rounders from the Calderon trade are what could be used to take back less salary.

I could see Thibs wanting a "vet" in Deng to play the 4 where he should be much better off than the 3 we forced him into. He would be next to Towns or as depth. Pekovic could be used to make the salary work.

The Nets could use any talent and they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so getting assets to come with Moz makes sense. They've been rumored for awhile to be looking to move Lopez. A 3 team trade could work there where the Nets get assets to move Lopez and get assets to take Moz.

Aust
06-18-2017, 05:40 PM
I easily took that as "my contract says I have to be hear so I will give you my best until the end" more than "I want to end my career here.

Pretty much.

warfelg
06-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Writing was on the wall. Pacers should of cashed in last trade deadline cause now its public. Hardly any team gonna want a rental. So hardly any decent offers. Also Lakers signing him in 2018. So Pacers are SOL. How much capspace do the Lakers have in 2018? They need to unload dead beets of Deng and Mozgov to sign PG13 or what? Barring any crazy contracts this summer. Haven't checked their payroll.

If I'm reading this right they have $47,628,102 mil committed in 2018 offseason.

That's not including roughly $5.6 mil for the #2 pick, $7mil option on DLo, $5,757,120 on Ingram, $5.561.134 on Randle, $2,272,390 on Nance Jr.

So that adds up to: $73,841,444 with only 8 players under contract. This doesn't include minimum cap holds or holds for Bird Rights FA's of Brewer, Black, Young.

PG'13's cap hit is going to be in the $35-40 mil range IIRC. Cap projected to be ~$103 mil. So they will have to renounce all rights and dump one of Deng, Mozgov, Clarkson. So even at best they could come out with:
Ball/Clarkson
Russell/FA min
George/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac/Mozgov

Along with few assets and needing to soon think of extending Randle and Russell.

WaDe03
Just a matter of time before we start hearing the teams that are looking to trade for him. Let's the rumors begin!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
Central division kinda falling apart. PG13 leaving in 2018. Pistons been shopping Drummond and Jackson since the trade deadline. Bulls up in the air with keeping or trading Butler. If Butler is dealt Wade possibly walks. Then its down to Cavs and Bucks for playoffs for this division.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Central division kinda falling apart. PG13 leaving in 2018. Pistons been shopping Drummond and Jackson since the trade deadline. Bulls up in the air with keeping or trading Butler. If Butler is dealt Wade possibly walks. Then its down to Cavs and Bucks for playoffs for this division.

Let's hope Wade and Butler are gone. Chicago deserves neither and I'd like to see them playing for contenders.

warfelg
06-18-2017, 05:55 PM
I understand where your coming from but the truth is Indiana should have dealt him last off season and gotten something for him. They have themselves to blame. They waited too long. It was already a forgone conclusion that he was going to test free agency when he told teams including Denver & Boston at the deadline that he has no inclination to sign long term with them. He is going to go where ever he wants to play and in the process likely going to leave millions on the table to do so. I think the only team that could or would be willing to potentially make a trade for him right now is Cleveland as its likely Lebron leaves the Cavs to sign elsewhere if they come up short against GS again which is very possible.

You don't think that Lakers knew already, not to trade their assets for PG?

PG went to his teammates & told them that he wants to be a Laker. Also it just takes on back channel phone call, to let the Lakers know that info.

PG doing this is on the Pacers. Because they kept on saying that PG didn't inform them that he will be leaving when his contract is up.

Now everyone knows. I hope the Pacers front office is happy.

So you want the other team to be tricked? Isn't that wrose?

Any team putting together a package will ask permission to talk to PG. & when PG lets them know that he wants to hit free agency & prefers the Lakers; the deal is dead.

Or they tall the Pacers front office, we call only give you this because he might be a 1yr rental.

But i get what you are trying to say.

I'll answer both in one shot here as to why Indy waited:

They wanted to see if he made the All NBA team. If he did they could offer him the super max, which means he would have left close to $60mil on the table to leave Indy, which I don't think he would have done.

So Indy was right not to trade, and I would bet that they were open about that with him too.

Again, I just don't like that it's public. It's the JV play IMO. Go to the FO, tell them that you have interest in signing elsewhere, trade me while you can. That's not tricking teams. Teams would know he's a rental and it's on them not to give up too much.

IndyRealist
06-18-2017, 05:58 PM

They wanted to see if he made the All NBA team. If he did they could offer him the super max, which means he would have left close to $60mil on the table to leave Indy, which I don't think he would have done.

So Indy was right not to trade, and I would bet that they were open about that with him too.

Again, I just don't like that it's public. It's the JV play IMO. Go to the FO, tell them that you have interest in signing elsewhere, trade me while you can. That's not tricking teams. Teams would know he's a rental and it's on them not to give up too much.

You could see with his regular season numbers and how many players were ahead of him that he wasn't going to make it. It was a bad move to wait.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-18-2017, 06:01 PM
So what teams gonna help Lakers clear dead weight contracts?

warfelg
06-18-2017, 06:04 PM
You could see with his regular season numbers and how many players were ahead of him that he wasn't going to make it. It was a bad move to wait.

At the start of the season sure, to close it...I think he came close. It's a shame that him and Heyward weren't on it.

I'm not saying it was a goof move, but it's one I could understand.

Mr. Baller
06-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Houston takes a shot at PG13

Aust
06-18-2017, 06:08 PM

Maybe the Twolves and Nets or any other bad team with space that could use more assets. If a team has an undesirable contract smaller than Moz/Deng it would factor in, like Pekovic from Minny.

Aust
06-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Houston takes a shot at PG13

What would they give up?

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 06:11 PM

LeBron also wants to go to la right?

Call me crazy, if I'm Magic I go get both LeBron and PG13 this offseason.

Deangelo and fillers for PG. He's already stated he wants LA. Pacers won't get better young talent.

Ingram along with Mozgov and Deng for James. They get rid of their bad contracts and give up their prize, but I don't see a role for Ingram with James and George.

You still got the #2 pick this year, and that becomes Fox?. I know lakers fans wouldn't want to give up BG, but where is his role with LeBron and PG?

Lakers compete and have tons of assets along with young/middle/old talent. They set for a decade

D Blue987
06-18-2017, 06:11 PM

He has been calling for them to build a championship caliber team for the past 2 years. They didn't get it done therefore, they never should have waited to try to leverage him with the added bonus of him being on the all nba roster.

D Blue987
06-18-2017, 06:12 PM

Deangelo and fillers for PG.

Ingram along with Mozgov and Deng for James.

You still got the #2 pick this year. I know lakers fans wouldn't want to give up BG, but where is his role with LeBron and PG?

Lakers compete and have tons of assets along with young/middle/old talent. They set for a decade

lol.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 06:13 PM
lol.

I know, fantasy basketball, but fun to think about lmfao

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 06:16 PM
I am guilty of creating a PG thread. News is crazy about him right now, maybe we can keep the forum clean and keep his news here.

Anyway, as of 5 mins ago, Woj tweeted, Pacers GM looking at trade options but not finding much as teams think it's a rental.

Twitter › WojVerticalNBA
Adrian Wojnarowski
Sources: Indiana's Kevin Pritchard engaging teams on trading Paul George, but so far, not Lakers. There's a rental market, but how robust? twitter.com/WojVerti…

warfelg
06-18-2017, 06:16 PM
He has been calling for them to build a championship caliber team for the past 2 years. They didn't get it done therefore, they never should have waited to try to leverage him with the added bonus of him being on the all nba roster.

I'm not saying mistakes weren't made by Indy here.

I just don't like when players leak that they are likely to walk and to where they want to go. If he said "I want to explore FA just to see what it's like," I have no problem with it. But putting out there where he's trying to go puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Hustla23
06-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Cavs need to be all over this and see if they can swing Love for PG. Obviously the Pacers wouldn't want Love but a three way where the Pacers get assets could be managed.

Cavs: PG

Blazers: Love

Pacers: #15 and #20 from Portland. 2020 top 10 protected from Cleveland.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:23 PM

Here we go, it's starting!

still1ballin
06-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Do the LT

:dance:

still1ballin
06-18-2017, 06:29 PM

Deangelo and fillers for PG. He's already stated he wants LA. Pacers won't get better young talent.

Ingram along with Mozgov and Deng for James. They get rid of their bad contracts and give up their prize, but I don't see a role for Ingram with James and George.

You still got the #2 pick this year, and that becomes Fox?. I know lakers fans wouldn't want to give up BG, but where is his role with LeBron and PG?

lol.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-18-2017, 06:30 PM
I'd offer #17 and Pacers choice of two of these three guys as in Delly, Telly, Henson for PG13. That's the Bucks garbage bin salary fillers. Even when he bolts it be nice to clear some dead weight.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Teams id like to see in on this:

Heat: TJ Winslow McRoberts

Celtics: Bradley Crowder picks

Raptors: Powell Carroll

Cavs: Love (depends on what direction the Pacers want to

Bulls: 2017 1st 2019 1st Valentine (if Wade and Jimmy stay)

Bucks: Henson and Parker or Middleton

I think he would fit well with the Rockets Clippers Spurs Pelicans and Jazz but idk what they would offer.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-18-2017, 06:34 PM

Here we go, it's starting!

Whats it say? For some reason I can't open it or see it from my phone

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:35 PM

Looks like Cleveland might go all in and take the gamble.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-18-2017, 06:36 PM

Pacers are engaging with teams in trade talks that are open to a rental. The next I just posted says Cleveland has talked to them.
Nice thanks

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:36 PM

Pacers are engaging with teams in trade talks that are open to a rental. The next I just posted says Cleveland has talked to them.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:38 PM

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:39 PM
I wish the Cavs could keep their big 3 and then get George but that's got to be damn near impossible I would assume.

Aust
06-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Cavs are a risk to the Lakers if he wins it all there this year.. that could be what allows them to keep Lebron and PG on extensions.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:45 PM
The Cavs have talked to them as well.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Apparently the asking price right now is high level players and good draft picks.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 06:51 PM
Pacers have had contact with cleveland

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:51 PM

Which is better?

LeBron
Kyrie
Love

LeBron
George
Kyrie

LeBron
Butler
George

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 06:56 PM
Teams id like to see in on this:

Heat: TJ Winslow McRoberts

Celtics: Bradley Crowder picks

Raptors: Powell Carroll

Cavs: Love (depends on what direction the Pacers want to

Bulls: 2017 1st 2019 1st Valentine (if Wade and Jimmy stay)

Bucks: Henson and Parker or Middleton

I think he would fit well with the Rockets Clippers Spurs Pelicans and Jazz but idk what they would offer.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 06:57 PM
I want PG to go to CLE soooo bad.

Aust
06-18-2017, 06:57 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/indiana-clothing-store-gave-away-paul-george-gear-free-lakers-pacers-nba

hahahahaha

lol

Aust
06-18-2017, 06:59 PM

Which is better?

LeBron
Kyrie
Love

LeBron
George
Kyrie

LeBron
Butler
George

imo

Aust
06-18-2017, 07:03 PM
All-Star forward Paul George has informed the Indiana Pacers that he plans to become a free agent in the summer of 2018 and will leave the franchise – preferably for the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told The Vertical.

George hasn’t requested a trade before he can opt out of his 2018-19 contract, but did have his agent, Aaron Mintz, tell new Indiana president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard that he wanted to be forthright on his plans and spare the franchise any confusion about his intentions, league sources told The Vertical.

In the past 24 hours, Pritchard has become more aggressive in pursuing trades for George, league sources told The Vertical. Pritchard has yet to show an inclination to engage the Lakers, but has discussed deals with several teams – including Cleveland – in which the expectation of teams would be that George is a “one-year rental.” The Cavaliers are devoid of the kind of young players and future picks that Indiana might want in return for George, and George has never mentioned the Cavaliers as an intriguing destination.

It is unclear how robust offers to Indiana will ultimately be, given that teams believe he will sign with the Lakers next summer. So far, Indiana is asking for a substantial package of talent and draft picks for George, league sources said. Discussions could extend until Thursday’s NBA draft – or beyond.

George can sign a four-year deal worth as much as $130 million with Los Angeles next year. George is a Southern California native and playing for the Lakers would represent a homecoming for him.

George plans to play out the 2017-18 season with Indiana, but wants to give the organization the chance to plan appropriately for its future – which George told the team won’t include him, league sources said.

George’s desire to join the Lakers has massive repercussions on the free-agent market in 2018. Under president Magic Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka, George would represent the first NBA star in years to choose the Lakers in free agency. As Los Angeles’ management reshapes its roster, George could be a lure to recruit other top available players to the Lakers.

Between then and now, the pressure will mount for the Pacers to formulate a trade with the Lakers in the near future, because the risk of losing a star of George’s stature for nothing next summer is potentially devastating. If management takes George at his word about wanting to join the Lakers in 2018, it may be cornered into making the best possible trade it can with Los Angeles now, squeezing whatever value out of the Lakers that Indiana can acquire in a deal for George.

The Pacers could bring back young players – such as forward Julius Randle, for example – and future draft assets to make a deal for George now, if the two teams are so inclined.

Nevertheless, the Lakers can create the necessary salary-cap space to sign George next summer and won’t be compelled to make a dramatic offer to Indiana now.

Indiana’s ability to find a trade for George elsewhere has become increasingly limited, if not crippled, because NBA teams believe that it’s George’s intention to eventually sign with the Lakers as a free agent in 2018.

Because George wasn’t named to an All-NBA team this spring, Indiana lost out on the chance to offer him a five-year, $207 million Designated Player Veteran Exception. Indiana can offer George a five-year, $177 million extension.

George, 27, averaged 23.7 points, 6.6 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 2016-17, leading Indiana to the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Pacers lost a first-round series to the Cleveland Cavaliers in four games. George is a four-time All-Star and one of the best two-way players in the world. He was part of the 2016 USA Olympic gold medal team, just two years after suffering a broken leg.

The Pacers’ inability to maintain a contending roster has played a part in George’s belief that he has a better chance for championship contention by joining the Lakers, league sources said. After reaching the Eastern Conference finals in consecutive years – 2013 and 2014 – the Pacers have slowly had a talent drain that included the decline and loss of Roy Hibbert and the departures of David West and George Hill. George had a close relationship with the architect of those Pacers teams, Larry Bird, who recently stepped down as team president to become a franchise consultant.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-paul-george-tells-pacers-plans-leave-franchise-prefers-joining-lakers-191520531.html

Wants to spare them any confusion.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Curry✓
Thompson✓
Iggy
Durant=
Dray✓

Kyrie
Korver/Smith
PG✓
Bron=
TT

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 07:09 PM
imo

I think so too with LeBron at the 4 but being the default PG as he already is.

Butler
Smith
George
LeBron
TT

George and Butler take turns guarding the opposing PG.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 07:10 PM
Curry✓
Thompson✓
Iggy
Durant=
Dray✓

Kyrie
Korver/Smith
PG✓
Bron=
TT

LeBron is better than Durant. They would need to keep Love and Irving while adding George to be seen as being as stacked as the Warriors and that's highly unlikely.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 07:42 PM
LeBron is better than Durant. They would need to keep Love and Irving while adding George to be seen as being as stacked as the Warriors and that's highly unlikely.

Na they washed each other out in the finals with a slight edge to KD cause he was so efficient

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 07:48 PM
ESPN is reporting that the Pacers reached out to Cleveland, I actually feel bad for them. They truly have no leverage in this.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Of course ESPN is gonna try and spin it like he's going to cost that's why I don't watch ESPN nomo

warfelg
06-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Ahhh the recency argument.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 07:51 PM
Multiple sources confirm to ESPN's Dave McMenamin the Indiana Pacers have reached out to the Cleveland Cavaliers over the weekend to gauge their interest in a potential Paul George deal.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 07:53 PM
PG for Love makes sense for both sides.

It really don't. The worst place to be as an NBA team is fighting for a playoff spot. You either want to be competing for a chip or rebuilding by losing. Those are facts getting k love makes 0 sense

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 07:54 PM
If the Cavs get PG13 without giving up Love they would commit highway robbery.

If I am the Cavs though, I give up Love for PG13, but try and ask for some depth pieces back from the Pacers. Maybe like a Jeff Teague for Shumpert. Teague was a 15/8 guy who Cleveland could bring to lead a second unit and play big minutes.

George/Teague for Love/Shump

Monta is beast
Unless they get a 3rd team to take love and get actually assets

HandsOnTheWheel

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 07:55 PM
If the Cavs get PG13 without giving up Love they would commit highway robbery.

If I am the Cavs though, I give up Love for PG13, but try and ask for some depth pieces back from the Pacers. Maybe like a Jeff Teague for Shumpert. Teague was a 15/8 guy who Cleveland could bring to lead a second unit and play big minutes.

George/Teague for Love/Shump

Aha

Aust
06-18-2017, 07:55 PM
TWolves reunion:

TWolves: Love
Indy: 7th pick

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 07:56 PM
I could see a team like the Suns help get a 3 way trade which sends Indy some draft picks. If I am Cleveland though, I do not just to Love for PG straight up. PG coming to Cleveland kills any need for Shumpert. I try and leverage Indy's desperation and get rid of Shumpert to get a big because just Love for PG does not put them above GS.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 07:57 PM
TWolves reunion:

Kind of weird from MIN perspective. K love is what 30, I still don't think they make the playoffs what's the point

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Why does IND have to be desperate? Let the market settle first damn

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 07:58 PM
What if BOS decides to make a push. Or TOR offers DeRozan etc.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 08:00 PM
Use that basketball IQ you were talking about and put it in to context. Swap those 2 and the Warriors sweep while LeBron averages a triple double.

I don't think so. Bron would halt the warriors offense cause he can't shoot. Stop trying to tell me how my team would be bruh you ain't on my level

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 08:01 PM
Na they washed each other out in the finals with a slight edge to KD cause he was so efficient

Use that basketball IQ you were talking about and put it in to context. Swap those 2 and the Warriors sweep while LeBron averages a triple double.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 08:03 PM
I could see a team like the Suns help get a 3 way trade which sends Indy some draft picks. If I am Cleveland though, I do not just to Love for PG straight up. PG coming to Cleveland kills any need for Shumpert. I try and leverage Indy's desperation and get rid of Shumpert to get a big because just Love for PG does not put them above GS.

Love is the only piece CLE has with trade value. They need to move him to a 3rd team for the assets Indy wants.

SiteWolf
06-18-2017, 08:04 PM
TWolves reunion:

Minnesota is WAY past any interest in bringing Love back.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Minnesota is WAY past any interest in bringing Love back.

Why? It's been heavily discussed that they want to move #7 for a vet and Love is as good a vet that's out there.

D Blue987
06-18-2017, 08:11 PM

Its still risky for Indiana since in a year the Pacers will be back in the same position they are now with Love who won't be as heavily desired as PG13 is even now. Love has a players option after the next 2 years which he will certainly decline and test the market elsewhere if he is traded to Indiana. Pacers will want some youth in a deal for George. Somebody controllable for several years or picks. I don't think they will ultimately get very good value for George in the end though. His value to another team was already dwindling during the trade deadline. Now his value is going to be at an all time low since he is likely testing FA no matter what unless its with the Lakers.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 08:12 PM
I still think the timing of all this is so bizarre. PG13 may very well only want Cleveland and is only using the Lakers as leverage. If PG went to the Cavs and won a title against GS, why would he leave to LAL the next year to lose, it makes little sense to me.

1) Paul George comes out and says 2 days ago I am a Pacer, and I want Indy and has no intention of talking to LeBron... blah blah blah... this is PG playing the game. IF you want to win, you would not want to go to LA. You'd be playing with a bunch of 19-21 year old talents, who by the time hit their prime, PG will be 32+. If he wants to win, LA is not his choice.

2) 2 days later, a report surfaces saying PG has told the GM he will not re-sign and prefers LA. By saying LA, he does not look like a ring chaser.

3) Cleveland now has significant leverage with the Pacers. No way they could top what Boston would offer, but PG has killed his own trade value to the point the Pacers are reaching out the Cavs for him instead of Cleveland coming and begging for him.''

4) I just cannot see PG getting traded to Cleveland, walking into the finals against GS creating an epic match-up just to leave Cleveland for the Lakers and never make the finals again potentially. I think if PG goes to Cleveland, its for the long haul and that keeps LeBron there for life.

Its a theory, but I don't think its that far fetched to see that PG13 may have been eyeing Cleveland all along and is using LA as leverage to kill his own trade value intentionally.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Warriors jumping in with a Klay offer...

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Ha jp chill

superwill
06-18-2017, 08:23 PM
If I'm the Lakers and we know for a fact Paul is coming by of freeagency I might try and make a offer before that of Deng ,the 28th pick and a Wizard Kelly autographed basketball if that doesn't get it see you 2018 Paul

corky831
06-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Maybe a 3 way with Boston, Cleveland, and Indiana? Boston sends picks to IND and get Love, PG goes to CLE.

C-ross12
06-18-2017, 08:27 PM
A three way deal Involving CLE and IND would make sense.

CLE gets PG
Third team gets Love
IND gets Picks + young players.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 08:32 PM
Maybe a 3 way with Boston, Cleveland, and Indiana? Boston sends picks to IND and get Love, PG goes to CLE.

No reason for BOS to get Love if CLE is getting PG. Doesn't help Boston close the gap if they're making CLE better in the process.

superwill
06-18-2017, 08:37 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: no team should be lining up for a one year rental and no a team of

Paul
LeBron
Kyrie

That's not beating GSW can't be GSW with iso ball players

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 08:54 PM
David Aldridge @daldridgetnt
about 5 minutes ago
Pacers asking teams for ideas on potential PG trades, per sources, as they have for a while. Ideally: 2 firsts+starter. Teams obv skittish.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 08:56 PM

2 firsts and a starter? I would definitely risk it if I were a contender.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 08:58 PM

warfelg
06-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Yea that's not bad at all.

daleja424
06-18-2017, 09:03 PM

2 firsts and a starter? I would definitely risk it if I were a contender.

Well that's not happening... no leverage. I mean maybe to a contender where those two picks are in the late 20s...but then what are they worth to Indy?

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 09:12 PM
Do. It. Ainge. After signing Hayward first.

Monta is beast
06-18-2017, 09:30 PM
I don't think IND would trade Turner for Irving straight up. There very very high on him

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 09:30 PM
If I am the Cavs, I look beyond Paul George. Pacers will lack a PG next season. Monta is more of a SG and Teague is a free agent.

Cavs should consider giving up Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert for Paul George, Myles Turner, and Lance Stephenson. I'm not sure how much they value Myles Turner (which is probably a lot. Dude is a beast) but they clearly don't have any need for Lance without PG and Larry to control him. Plus, they fill their PG spot and have lots of cap space to work on their other positions. It's time for a rebuild there anyways. Their management is changing and I assume that coach will be removed soon enough as well.

This helps BOTH teams, IMO. They're not getting much for PG because no one wants a rental that ISN'T a competitor. Outside of Boston, I can't see another team that can legitimately pose a threat just by adding PG. If there are any teams out there that I am missing, let me know.

This clearly helps the Cavs. In that I would assume they should look to trade Love+Tristan+J.R. for Wade+Butler.

I'm not even sure what I'm talking about since there are probably rules/numbers that won't match up but all I'm saying is, Pacers are already doomed. If they continue thinking they have upside, they are going to end up getting much less. It's ideal they trade PG ASAP. The moment your star player contemplates leaving and even tells you where he might prefer to play, he's gone.

JJ_JKidd
06-18-2017, 09:31 PM
IDK why people are so high on PG tbh. He is in no Lebron or KDs level imho.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 09:33 PM
IDK why people are so high on PG tbh. He is in no Lebron or KDs level imho.

He's a top 15 player, plays near elite defense (slowly declined because of how much he has been trying to do offensively), great shooter, and athletic as hell. He'll fit right in with the Cavs if they need to play vs the Warriors. Allows LeBron+PG to switch up on KD. PG actually defends better than KD but because he's on a terrible team, it's tougher for him to come up with defensive situations that KD ends up being in due to the Warriors defense. If we're talking about SF's, he's right there at #4 - which is no shame considering the SG slot might possibly be the most stacked top five we've ever seen.

LeBron
KD
Kawhi
PG
*Melo, Hayward, Butler, Giannis?<-- Can play all positions

Wiltismyhero
06-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Is there anyway something like this makes sense

Trade Love for PG
Trade combination of other role players
TT, JR, RJ, Shump, Krover, etc. for Jimmy Butler
Sign Ibaka

Sign a bunch of vets at minimum to fill in roles at lesser pay like what GS did.
- wade, rondo, rose, bogut types
- bring Kobe back haha!

Line up
C - Ibaka
PF - LBJ
SF - paul george
Sg - jimmy butler
Pg - kyrie
plus above
Now that's a contender

daleja424
06-18-2017, 09:36 PM
I don't think IND would trade Turner for Irving straight up. There very very high on him

Then whoever runs that team should be fired on the spot. That is a no brainer...

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 09:40 PM
I think it's kinda obvious trading Love straight up for PG is stupid. If Cavs offered that, Pacers would swallow it up. You can get more for Love since he's still an All-Star quality 1st-2nd option player. Pacers are the ones without leverage. I mean, how do they tell teams, "We have PG for one year. Give me some valuable assets"? The scenario would be, if they wait too long, most teams would have already made their moves and can't fit PG into their team and or if they wait during the All-Star break, they're going to get desperate and settle for much less. It's obvious Cavs are probably trying to get more. I'm guessing they are asking for Turner or Lance as well. If I'm the Cavs, I'd trade Love for PG straightup but they know they can do better. Hell, I'd talk to Pelicans regarding Cousins for Love before I'd go to PG.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 09:40 PM
I don't see Cavs parting with Irving. They need him for his clutch scoring ability and scoring, he shows up in big moments.

Most realistic scenario I see is Love for PG

Then Smith/Shump for Melo to lead their bench.

Talk about an arms race. A death line-up of Melo/PG/LeBron/Kyrie/TT for Cleveland would wreak havoc on GS. Iggy/Draymond/Klay/KD would have their hands full trying to guard that.

KobeOwnSU
06-18-2017, 09:41 PM
Portland should offer Nurkic and two firsts. Lillard, McCulum, George would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 09:42 PM
Zach Lowe‏Verified account
@ZachLowe_NBA
Follow
More
Sense from teams talking to IND is that Pacers intend to move fast on a PG deal.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Why not? Really only have 4 days if they want draft considerations. And either way...PG is just a giant distraction now. Move on.

Agreed. Good to see you posting again btw.

Wiltismyhero
Kyrie/Jimmy butler/ paul george/ lebron/ Ibaka
Bench: wade, rondo, Vince, bogut,

FlashBolt
I don't see Cavs parting with Irving. They need him for his clutch scoring ability and scoring, he shows up in big moments.

Most realistic scenario I see is Love for PG

Then Smith/Shump for Melo to lead their bench.

Talk about an arms race. A death line-up of Melo/PG/LeBron/Kyrie/TT for Cleveland would wreak havoc on GS. Iggy/Draymond/Klay/KD would have their hands full trying to guard that.

Yeah, Irving shows up in the Finals but what you get from PG is obviously his defense. And PG is darn clutch, too. He's a really good shooter and him in your lineup vs the Warriors gives you more versatility. He can guard Klay, KD, or Steph. Kyrie can't guard any of those guys. I'd give up Irving ONLY if you can get Turner or Lance as well. I like Lance. I think he'll be able to come off the bench with PG and give LeBron some rest. The issue with Irving for me has always been his defense and inability to get others involved. There's no reason the Cavs should keep getting outscored when LeBron sits while Irving is on the court. If he's as good as everyone says, he needs to be able to keep the game close without LeBron.

daleja424
Portland should offer Nurkic and two firsts. Lillard, McCulum, George would be nice.

Why the heck would Indiana do that? If they trade PG the only player left on the team is Myles Turner....so why would you trade for a second center?

daleja424
06-18-2017, 09:47 PM
@ZachLowe_NBA
Follow
More
Sense from teams talking to IND is that Pacers intend to move fast on a PG deal.

Why not? Really only have 4 days if they want draft considerations. And either way...PG is just a giant distraction now. Move on.

Wiltismyhero
06-18-2017, 09:48 PM
or even get rid of kyrie for Carmelo and just make a monster line up with lebron at point

Carmelo/Jimmy/PG/lebron/ then get Anthony David. Make it happen!

FlashBolt

Why would Pacers accept PG for Nurkic and two firsts when Nurkic is ALSO on his last year and Myles already plays C? That makes zero sense. Pacers should get Lillard or CJ if Portland expects PG. They literally have nothing.

daleja424
Kyrie/Jimmy butler/ paul george/ lebron/ Ibaka
Bench: wade, rondo, Vince, bogut,

Awful. Lacks understanding of things like the salary cap and common sense.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 09:49 PM
or even get rid of kyrie for Carmelo and just make a monster line up with lebron at point

Carmelo/Jimmy/PG/lebron/ then get Anthony David. Make it happen!

This isn't MLB. There is no way Cavs can afford all those contracts and there is also no way they get AD...

GREATNESS ONE
06-18-2017, 09:54 PM
@ZachLowe_NBA
Follow
More

Nice! This will get done soon!

Wiltismyhero
06-18-2017, 09:55 PM
should consider giving up Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert for Paul George, Myles Turner, and Lance Stephenson.

This clearly helps the Cavs. In that I would assume they should look to trade Love+Tristan+J.R. for Wade+Butler.

---------

The above gets us to
PG
JB
Wade

I am sure a combination of Myles turner, lance, plus other assets, Korver, RJ, etc

can somehow get Carmelo or Ibaka? And pick up other cheap vets

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 09:58 PM
should consider giving up Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert for Paul George, Myles Turner, and Lance Stephenson.

---------

The above gets us to
PG
JB
Wade

I am sure a combination of Myles turner, lance, plus other assets, Korver, RJ, etc

can somehow get Carmelo or Ibaka? And pick up other cheap vets

They don't need Melo or Ibaka if they have a team like THAT. They might need a center who's only job is to rebound and defend but literally, that team's talent alone could win you games. The only issue with having JB+Wade is a lack of shooting. I think that'll hurt their floor spacing like crazy. I wouldn't trade for Jimmy Butler, tbh. I think PG and a few others moves to get rid of Shump or JR would be enough for Cavs to contend. Not sure why everyone thinks Cavs need an overhaul.

Mr Costanza
06-18-2017, 10:07 PM
The thought of him going to LA is ludicrous. Why be a sidekick to the second coming of Christ only to have his father blame you for every loss?

Wiltismyhero
06-18-2017, 10:07 PM
Lebron/kyrie(prefer melo)/JB/PG/Ibaka
+Would rather have Wade as a 6 man
+ 3pt shooter, can afford them to not be that great at D (korver/reddick/frye types)
+ some extra bangers down low bogut

ovethaul needdd because team has no consistency
- TT is trash, same with JR/shump, very very inconsistent.
- Love should be gone can get better value
4 key players to move, plus others don't mean much anyways so yeah overhaul in that sense
- then fine keep kyrie, but think he's not needed if you can use as piece to get the above (most likely untouchable though)

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 10:10 PM
Things are getting pretty intense. I would like to hear more details though. What all teams have talked and what have they offered. Do your damn job woj!!!!

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 10:11 PM
This has Pat Riley written all over it. We'll see but I'll be surprised if they aren't in the top 3.

Wiltismyhero
06-18-2017, 10:12 PM
Btw, they don't want to just win games, they need to beat GSW. Which honestly is probably the perfect structured team ever assembled in terms of talent but most importantly how they fit together skill set wise. The only way their starting 5 really gets better is to have AD as their Centre.

PAOboston
06-18-2017, 10:23 PM
Do. It. Ainge. After signing Hayward first.
They can make the trade now and sign Hayward in FA. By moving down to 3, they have enough room now.

Still thinks it's super risky to give up assets with no guarantee on him staying.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 10:27 PM
BOS signs Hayward in FA. Then they officially execute the following trade:

Bradley, Smart, D. Jackson, LAL/SAC pick, 2019 LAC pick to IND for PG

#3, Jaylen Brown, Jae Crowder, 2018 BRK pick, rights to Ante Zizic (#23 pick last year), rights to G. Yabusele (#16 pick last year, 2019 MEM pick, 2018 BOS pick, 2021 BOS pick, Jordan Mickey to NO for Anthony Davis

IT
Hayward
PG
Horford
AD

room exception and vet min to fill out the bench

Boom, get at me, lol

valade16
06-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Why would Pacers accept PG for Nurkic and two firsts when Nurkic is ALSO on his last year and Myles already plays C? That makes zero sense. Pacers should get Lillard or CJ if Portland expects PG. They literally have nothing.

On the opposite side, no way Portland trades Nurkic for PG because they have to know there's no way PG is staying in Portland if he prefers LA so why trade a building block for a rental?

Wiltismyhero
06-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Gsw still superior

Lebron Carmelo Jimmy PG Anthony Davis, plus wade bench

Destroys both these teams though

Hustla23
06-18-2017, 10:39 PM
BOS signs Hayward in FA. Then they officially execute the following trade:

Bradley, Smart, D. Jackson, LAL/SAC pick, 2019 LAC pick to IND for PG

#3, Jaylen Brown, Jae Crowder, 2018 BRK pick, rights to Ante Zizic (#23 pick last year), rights to G. Yabusele (#16 pick last year, 2019 MEM pick, 2018 BOS pick, 2021 BOS pick, Jordan Mickey to NO for Anthony Davis

IT
Hayward
PG
Horford
AD

room exception and vet min to fill out the bench

Boom, get at me, lol

What the heck, dude. With that many assets you could get Butler too and have Hayward come off the bench.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Cavs are the most enticing team the Pacers have to trade with. Cavs need to try and get rid of Shump or J.R.'s contract here as well if they can.

Jamiecballer
06-18-2017, 11:06 PM
Does anybody really want a guy whose commitment to his current team is such that everyone knows he really wants to be (specifically) somewhere else?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Cavs are the most enticing team the Pacers have to trade with. Cavs need to try and get rid of Shump or J.R.'s contract here as well if they can.

Lol no way are they most enticing. You just want Durant to lose more than anything so you want to stack the #1 threat to them as much as possible. CLE isn't even close to the most attractive trade partner from IND's end.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Does anybody really want a guy whose commitment to his current team is such that everyone knows he really wants to be (specifically) somewhere else?

A team that wants to get rid of a contract. AKA, Cavs can trade Love and free up cap space if it doesn't work out the year after. If it does work out, you may resign PG. Anyhow, do Cavs have a choice? If LeBron may leave at 2018, your title chances are over. Might as well go all-in. Love ain't gonna help them any more than he has.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Lol no way are they most enticing. You just want Durant to lose more than anything so you want to stack the #1 threat to them as much as possible. CLE isn't even close to the most attractive trade partner from IND's end.

Give me examples. Boston ain't trading their picks so let's get some reasonableness here.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 11:12 PM
The Celtics are easily the most enticing. The top 3 trade partners will be Boston Miami and Cleveland since Cleveland has been mentioned already. Multiple teams can probably trump clevelands offer though so we'll see who steps up to the plate.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Give me examples. Boston ain't trading their picks so let's get some reasonableness here.

Portland, Denver, Miami, Boston are 4 teams I think can and would put together better offers than CLE. They won't trade Kyrie and unless some third team pays a premium for Love they have no assets for a rebuilding team. Those teams don't have to dig too deep to offer better than what CLE has. Unless MIN or PHX is bananas for Love to get some valuable trade chips.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 11:14 PM
Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 2m2 minutes ago

#Cavs-#Pacers talk about Paul George is legit. This is more than a passing type of discussion, league sources tell AmicoHoops.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Portland, Denver, Miami, Boston are 4 teams I think can and would put together better offers than CLE. They won't trade Kyrie and unless some third team pays a premium for Love they have no assets for a rebuilding team. Those teams don't have to dig too deep to offer better than what CLE has. Unless MIN or PHX is bananas for Love to get some valuable trade chips.

You're naming teams - not scenarios.

Jamiecballer
06-18-2017, 11:15 PM
A team that wants to get rid of a contract. AKA, Cavs can trade Love and free up cap space if it doesn't work out the year after. If it does work out, you may resign PG. Anyhow, do Cavs have a choice? If LeBron may leave at 2018, your title chances are over. Might as well go all-in. Love ain't gonna help them any more than he has.
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of what does it say about the player. Nothing to do with his impending free agency, that's a different thing altogether. Think about the comradary that must have inspired in indy the last couple years

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:16 PM
The Celtics are easily the most enticing. The top 3 trade partners will be Boston Miami and Cleveland since Cleveland has been mentioned already. Multiple teams can probably trump clevelands offer though so we'll see who steps up to the plate.

Celtics aren't giving up picks for PG. It's why you're hearing Butler's name.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 11:21 PM
Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 5m5 minutes ago

#Cavs and #Pacers talks have a feel of multiple players being involved. Indy wants a deal done before Thursday's draft. #NBA

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:22 PM
You're naming teams - not scenarios.

Winslow, #14, next years 1st from MIA

Crowder, Bradley, 2018/2019 LAL/SAC pick, 2019 LAC 1st from BOS

#15, Aminu, #21 another future 1st from POR, Harkless

Mudiay, Will Barton, #13, future 1st

Those are all packages that IMO have more value to a rebuildonf team than Love. And I think all 4 teams would do it for a rental because it wouldn't really kill either of them to not have him stay.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Kevin O'Connor‏Verified account @KevinOConnorNBA 1m1 minute ago

Two NBA sources expect Lakers to parachute into Paul George talks if the Cavs are closing in on a deal. Unclear if #2 would be on the table.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Celtics aren't giving up picks for PG. It's why you're hearing Butler's name.

Butlers name isn't being reported by anyone credible. CHI doesn't want to miss out on playoff revenue and all lose their jobs in the front office.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Guys, drop all the silly scenarios. No NBA GM is going to give anything of significant value for a one year rental. The Celtics easily could offer the most, nobody is debating that, but PG13 does not even guarantee they beat Cleveland, let alone GS.

The Cavs and maybe the Spurs are the only team in the NBA that could justify trading for PG as a one year rental because they may believe it can help them beat GS but the Spurs are not involved at all.

The Lakers could justify giving up assets due to the fact that he's claimed he is only going to sign with them. The Lakers could easily see Cleveland as a threat however, because if Cleveland hypothetically wins the chip, why would George leave to them to get destroyed by GS or not even make the playoffs, hence, they could get involved.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Kevin O'Connor‏Verified account @KevinOConnorNBA 1m1 minute ago

Two NBA sources expect Lakers to parachute into Paul George talks if the Cavs are closing in on a deal. Unclear if #2 would be on the table.

Lmao IND is playing LA like a fool

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Winslow, #14, next years 1st from MIA

Crowder, Bradley, 2018/2019 LAL/SAC pick, 2019 LAC 1st from BOS

#15, Aminu, #21 another future 1st from POR, Harkless

Mudiay, Will Barton, #13, future 1st

Those are all packages that IMO have more value to a rebuildonf team than Love. And I think all 4 teams would do it for a rental because it wouldn't really kill either of them to not have him stay.

None of those scenarios are better than Love. Bradley is on his last year next season. And Mudiay sucks/ is a turnover machine. Not sure what Portland has to offer but that looks like something you made up just because you mentioned Portland previously.

And that Miami trade, zero sense.

Pacers GM should be fired for that. And Boston would not give up all of that for a one season PG.

Realistically, Cavs could offer Love for PG and that would be their most enticing offer. It would also be realistic.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Butlers name isn't being reported by anyone credible. CHI doesn't want to miss out on playoff revenue and all lose their jobs in the front office.

Why would Celtics go after PG and not Butler? Think about that.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:29 PM

The Bulls don't want to move JB so going for him is not an option.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 11:32 PM
This very well could be an interesting thought.

Ry‏Verified account
@JustRyCole

The Cavaliers are leverage for Indiana. 100 percent. They know that’s the only bargaining tool they have against LAL.

FlashBolt

Doesn't hurt not to try. And there were rumblings even during the ASB that something would happen with JB. If Celtics can offer something, they are going to do it for JB and not someone who won't even get them past Cleveland and then they lose Crowder and picks for nothing.

Eagles4Lyfe
Man Masai you **** turd do it man, do something amazing for once you pansy.

Lowry-Dero-PG-Ibaka core will upset the Cavs and make Lebron cry.

Sucks though we have no damn enticing assets the Pacers would like lmao.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:33 PM
None of those scenarios are better than Love. Bradley is on his last year next season. And Mudiay sucks/ is a turnover machine. Not sure what Portland has to offer but that looks like something you made up just because you mentioned Portland previously.

And that Miami trade, zero sense.

Pacers GM should be fired for that. And Boston would not give up all of that for a one season PG.

Realistically, Cavs could offer Love for PG and that would be their most enticing offer. It would also be realistic.

Boston or Miami do those trades and they're guaranteed Hayward most likely. Neither would hurt from losing those assets.

How is the POR trade made up? It's two player on their roster and 2 picks they have this year lol

Denver is weak reading back through. You're right on that one.

IND was a swept 8 seed with PG. downgrade to Love and they can't even expect to make the playoffs. No playoff revenue and nonfutire. Just terrible situation. Those packages offer a quicker path to relevancy with some youth, cap space, and ability to get higher picks.

smith&wesson
06-18-2017, 11:33 PM
He would fit nicely with the Raptors they have every position covered but sf.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:39 PM
Doesn't hurt not to try. And there were rumblings even during the ASB that something would happen with JB. If Celtics can offer something, they are going to do it for JB and not someone who won't even get them past Cleveland and then they lose Crowder and picks for nothing.

We'd still have:

Smart
Rozier
Jaylen Brown
Ante Zizic (#23 pick last year)
Yabusele (#16 pick last year)
#3 this year
2018 BRK pick
2019 MEM pick
All our own picks

Bradley is likely to be allowed to walk after the year. Crowder is a JAG. Those picks are probably our 5th and 7th best young assets. They can love losing then. JB will cost a fortune to even get CHI to listen. PG will come at a discount. It's much better to take that gamble with lower value pieces then pay a ransom on JB.

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 11:39 PM
There are only two teams here which are serious players, Cleveland and LA.

PG either wanted the Cavs all along so he said LA to not look like a ***** and kill his trade value. Or he truly wants LA. But if he does go to Cleveland and they make a deep finals run and even win it with him, I just don't see him leaving to LA to play with undeveloped 20 year olds and again not make the playoffs.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Boston or Miami do those trades and they're guaranteed Hayward most likely. Neither would hurt from losing those assets.

How is the POR trade made up? It's two player on their roster and 2 picks they have this year lol

Denver is weak reading back through. You're right on that one.

IND was a swept 8 seed with PG. downgrade to Love and they can't even expect to make the playoffs. No playoff revenue and nonfutire. Just terrible situation. Those packages offer a quicker path to relevancy with some youth, cap space, and ability to get higher picks.

1) Of course Miami and Boston do those trades. But neither are better than a Love trade. Not even close. If Winslow is as promising as some say, why would Miami trade him for a one year rental?

2) That POR trade is made up because it seems like you're reaching for any potential deal. Portland has nothing to offer. Aminu? C'mon.. They already have Glen Robinson and he's 10x better than Aminu will ever be in a few years.

3) This isn't about what Indiana can do with or without Love. That's moot. This is about getting the best deal they can for PG and quite frankly, that's Kevin Love. No one is offering anything better. Love as a first option behind Turnver and then you still have Lance Stephenson. Glen Robinson can give you 10-12 next season. It's not a great team but it's what they have to settle for.

LA_Raiders
06-18-2017, 11:46 PM
Boston should trade the 3rd pick for him. Lakers are picking JJ so there is no need for him anymore.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:47 PM
1) Of course Miami and Boston do those trades. But neither are better than a Love trade. Not even close. If Winslow is as promising as some say, why would Miami trade him for a one year rental?

2) That POR trade is made up because it seems like you're reaching for any potential deal. Portland has nothing to offer. Aminu? C'mon.. They already have Glen Robinson and he's 10x better than Aminu will ever be in a few years.

3) This isn't about what Indiana can do with or without Love. That's moot. This is about getting the best deal they can for PG and quite frankly, that's Kevin Love. No one is offering anything better. Love as a first option behind Turnver and then you still have Lance Stephenson. Glen Robinson can give you 10-12 next season. It's not a great team but it's what they have to settle for.

Agree to disagree. Love is a huge downgrade from PG so they won't make the playoffs. No futire at all. The other pieces aren't premium but they help the long range to some degree.

JordansBulls
06-18-2017, 11:48 PM

Celtics getting George at least makes another legit contender in the East. Kinda like the Spurs is a legit contender to G.S out west.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:48 PM
Why the hell would Boston trade their third pick for a one year PG? LA_Raiders is just trembling at the thought PG may come to the Cavs.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Boston should trade the 3rd pick for him. Lakers are picking JJ so there is no need for him anymore.

No you don't give up that premium an asset for a rental. Smaller pices - fine , gamble. But not #3

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Agree to disagree. Love is a huge downgrade from PG so they won't make the playoffs. No futire at all. The other pieces aren't premium but they help the long range to some degree.

If you purchase a stock for $100, it turns to $50 a year later, your stock isn't worth $100. You gotta get what you can before it sinks further. That's the best option for them. You can't realistically expect someone to give you an even trade with zero leverage - which is why Pacers are trying to get a deal done ASAP.

Aust
06-18-2017, 11:52 PM
Lmao IND is playing LA like a fool

Nonsense. Speculation and an attempt by Indy to gain any bit of leverage they can. It makes sense to try and take a rookie GM/Pres for a ride.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Pacers want a deal done before Thursday. Said multiple players may be involved.

I'm guessing Love, PG, and Lance are involved.

hugepatsfan
06-18-2017, 11:55 PM
If you purchase a stock for $100, it turns to $50 a year later, your stock isn't worth $100. You gotta get what you can before it sinks further. That's the best option for them. You can't realistically expect someone to give you an even trade with zero leverage - which is why Pacers are trying to get a deal done ASAP.

I'm not expecting them to get equal value. I'm expecting them to get something that has some level of value to a team in their situation. Love isn't that piece IMO. A top 25ish player leading a crap team doesn't really go anything for you. Realistically they don't make the playoffs. They were 7 (I wrong said 8 earlier) but losing PG for Love drops them below CHI, MIA, DET, CHA probably. It's just a bad spot to be in. No short term value in that, no long term help at all. Maybe you land a good player with those mid 1sts. Get some solid rotation pieces. Start to transitioning to build something. Love just puts you in the same spot two years from now with a worse trade chip to send out.

superwill
06-18-2017, 11:57 PM
I see a lot of hypocrisy and sad individuals on this post

Nikeman
06-18-2017, 11:58 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏ @WojVerticaINBA_ 4m4 minutes ago
More
Sources: The Lakers agree on a trade that will send D'Angelo Russell, Loul Deng, 2017 28th pick to the Pacers for Paul George.

That one got me for a second

Stunner
06-19-2017, 12:02 AM

Bulls aren't shopping Butler but they didn't say they wouldn't listen to calls , you have to blow their socks off to get him.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2017, 12:07 AM
Pacers should try to get assets out of LA by taking Deng/Mozgov off their hands. iND is dead in the water without PG. They can let the bums rot on the bench if they g eat good pices. That helps LA be in better position to add around PG even giving up prices. It's like when BOS had to deal with Gerald Wallace to get the BRK picks. If you're rebuilding what's it matter to the team.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Bulls aren't shopping Butler but they didn't say they wouldn't listen to calls , you have to blow their socks off to get him.

Not worth blowing their socks off.

Aust
06-19-2017, 12:08 AM
https://twitter.com/BruhReport/status/876538779435057156

Come home and stay home. This is from 2013, doesn't mean anything

Scoots
06-19-2017, 12:24 AM

We'll find out if the Lakers don't take Ball.

Nikeman
06-19-2017, 12:28 AM
Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 1m1 minute ago
More
On AmicoHoops: #Cavs and #Pacers talk Paul George deal, with #Celtics gunning to make serious run as well. #NBA

If Celts are serious, they will get PG

JordansBulls
06-19-2017, 12:33 AM
Because they can get PG for less right now.

Jamiecballer
06-19-2017, 12:33 AM
We'll find out if the Lakers don't take Ball.
Maybe. I don't know yet if that kind of talk from a rookie, particularly one who is being represented by his big mouth dad would be the same thing.

chomaru
06-19-2017, 12:45 AM
Wouldn't it be worth it for the Lakers to give up 2 if Indiana would absorb either Deng or Mozgov? You wouldn't have to hold your breath for a year and then you would just have to dump the other contract to fit LeBron.

Aust
06-19-2017, 01:10 AM
Wouldn't it be worth it for the Lakers to give up 2 if Indiana would absorb either Deng or Mozgov? You wouldn't have to hold your breath for a year and then you would just have to dump the other contract to fit LeBron.

No.

kobe4thewinbang
06-19-2017, 01:13 AM
Seeing as Woj @ The Vertical is treated as the incontrovertible source of all things NBA, I believe that Paul George said this. It is odd, though, since we have another thread of PG-13 saying "I'm a Pacer [at the moment]" and that thread goes on to say that he would like to stay with the team. So, kind of murky, but in Woj we trust.

Here and on that other sports forum, I have been pro-PG for the Lakers as long as it doesn't weaken the team. If no deal can be made that skirts that line, then I am against trading for him instead of waiting for him to sign, if these rumors of personal preference are to be believed. I want to keep D'Angelo and Ingram, but I would be willing to part with D'Angelo if Randle is not to be enough for the trade. However, I like the idea of Lonzo Ball or Josh Jackson instead of trading that pick which becomes one of those two for PG-13. In Ball & PG-13, you have two guys wishing to build their own unique brand in the NBA. So, you can't trade that pick. n general, I trust Magic and Pelinka to make the right choice. It's hard to be worse at that job than Jim Buss, no offense to Mitch although the D'Antoni signing was a head-scratcher for sure.

Regardless, I have stated that I believe waiting is the worst idea (as we always see in the NBA) for similar situations with a frustrated star player. Look at what Orlando got for Dwight Howard; look at what Sacramento got for Demarcus Cousins. Indiana does not want that to happen to them, clearly. I think that is why Larry Bird stepped down. The whole situation is sad, seeing as this team was the #1 seed and had the potential to oust the LeBron-led Heat during that rivalry, had it not been for a mental misfire by the Pacers. This season we saw PG-13 whining about needing to take the last shot, then not being so clutch when he got the chance with the team's season on the line.

Alternatively, I could see Pat Riley gunning for PG-13 seeing as he whiffed in the Kevin Durant sweepstakes and the Heat need something to smile about aside from a late season burst after the Chris Bosh health crisis and Wade loss to the Bulls.

Everybody else says CELTICS - CELTICS - CELTICS or possibly the Clippers, especially since Jerry West is in charge now. I mean, that's interesting too. I think PG-13 will either stay at that star, two-way player level or evolve into an official superstar with the right squad around him.

This statement is by no means a deal breaker. Again, look at Dwightmare. He stuck around longer than people initially thought, and then they dealt him. So, we'll see what happens.

I say he winds up in purple and gold. Second guess would be the Clippers. And the Pacers organization better do it this summer, NOT wait until February when the offers get even worse since the dude can bolt. The best thing to do is to work with Paul George and ask where he wants to go and make a deal happen that makes the receiver confident that he will stick around and also be fair to George as we know he is due for a lot of money, and to some degree, the Pacers hold that leverage against him since they can offer the most money.

Dude gonna be loaded...

redsox12
06-19-2017, 01:13 AM
The Pacers are reportedly angling for two first-round picks and a starting-caliber player in any trade talks for Paul George.
In case you missed it, George recently informed the Pacers that he intends to leave as an unrestricted free agent next summer. That may have forced their hand, and ESPN's Zach Lowe reports that the "sense from teams talking to [Indiana]" is that they "intend to move fast" on a deal for the star forward. George would reportedly prefer to play in L.A., but he also wants to compete for a championship, and the Cavaliers have been cited as a potential trade partner. It's a fascinating story to monitor in the lead-up to draft night.

rotoworld

I'm thinking if the Pacers want a starting caliber player if they would take Crowder and Smart plus the 2018 Laker's pick from Celtics and a future first from TOR, PG to BOS, and a sign and trade to send Teague to TOR.

BOS

SG Bradley
PG Thomas
SF Hayward
PF George
C Horford

IND

SG C.J. Miles
PG Smart
SF Crowder
PF Young
C Turner

plus they get 2 first in 2018

TOR

SG DeRozen
PG Teague
SF Carroll
PF Ibaka (resigns)
C Valanciunas

More-Than-Most
06-19-2017, 01:15 AM
if any team actually gives up a ton it will be pretty hilarious... Lakers thinking they can sit back are just wrong though... if he goes to the celtics he isnt leaving the celtics for the lakers... He just isnt while taking a pay cut.