PDA

View Full Version : Ring chasers and reclamation projects

Scoots
06-17-2017, 07:01 PM
Who is most likely to sign a vet minimum deal to either get a ring, or take a chance to get a pay day next year? Should only include players who have a hope of helping a team.

Reclamation?:
Aaron Afflalo
PJ Tucker
Anthony Morrow
Donatas Motiejunas
Ersan Ilyasova
Michael Carter Williams
Gerald Green

Ring chasers?:
Joe Johnson
Nene
Thabo Sefolosha
Tony Allen
Vince Carter
Kyle Korver

Any thoughts? People you would add?

COOLbeans
06-17-2017, 07:55 PM
I still think Carter-Williams can be a good basketball player. I feel like he's regressed every year though.

Joe Johnson should be a ring chaser he's so good and can definitely help a team get over the scoring hump a la the Spurs, Clippers and Cavs

Bostonjorge
06-17-2017, 08:04 PM
Vince Carter needs to ring chase. He's already somewhat forgotten and he is still in the league.

sep11ie
06-17-2017, 08:14 PM
T-Mac should go ahead and play for Golden State next year.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2017, 08:15 PM
If the Clippers do keep Paul and Blake, it'd be a good idea to look at some of those reclamation projects. The Pacers might be in a similar position to, if they hope to keep George.

As for ring chasers, I feel like Cleveland is the best spot for Joe Johnson.

I was going to say that Sefolosha should chase after a contract, not a ring, but I didn't realize he was 32 already. For some reason I thought he was drafted by the Thunder. Cleveland might be a good pick if they don't pick up JJ, but he should call up the Warriors. A defensive 3-baller to back up Klay would be great. Though they already have McCaw. Maybe the Clips if they keep Paul and CP3, or perhaps the Spurs would be a good fit for him.

Tony Allen... meh. Maybe as a locker room presence and mentor to a young team. He D's not as good as it was, and he can shoot the 3.

Nene. Interesting piece there. I'm sure he could fit in with a number of teams. A back up for DaJ? A fringe rotation player for the Spurs? And if teams like the Pacers are looking to add some depth and he's coming cheap, then he'd be a good fit.

Vince Carter. Seems like he's got a good fit where he is. Not sure he would bring much a contender at this point, but if anybody, I think the Spurs might put him to good use if Manu retires, though Sefolosha would be a better fit for that team.

Kyle Korver also looks like he's in the perfect spot. Unless the Warriors just want to cack black the Cavs, he should look to stay put.

YAALREADYKNO
06-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Joe Johnson with the Spurs would be nice

Scoots
06-17-2017, 09:19 PM
I still think Carter-Williams can be a good basketball player. I feel like he's regressed every year though.

Joe Johnson should be a ring chaser he's so good and can definitely help a team get over the scoring hump a la the Spurs, Clippers and Cavs

MCW's decision making has been questionable and his health hasn't been good either ... but I'd like to see him go to a team with quality players where he has a defined role that doesn't involve him even trying to shoot 3s.

aman_13
06-17-2017, 09:24 PM
I hope the Raptors will be able to bring back Tucker. He was exceptional defensively.

Mell413
06-17-2017, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure if he would leave Memphis but Randolph is a guy who could help a contender if he decides to ring chase.

Quinnsanity
06-18-2017, 01:08 AM
Wouldn't qualify Tucker or Afflalo as reclamation projects. Those guys can really play, are useful as role players to good teams and deserve to get paid.

Vince Carter feels like a lock for Golden State though. What with the Steph/Dell connection and all.

LOb0
06-18-2017, 01:25 AM
Wouldn't qualify Tucker or Afflalo as reclamation projects. Those guys can really play, are useful as role players to good teams and deserve to get paid.

Vince Carter feels like a lock for Golden State though. What with the Steph/Dell connection and all.

That would be kinda awesome. And Vince could get a ring.

The_Franchise13
06-18-2017, 01:40 AM
Zach Randolph is a FA right?

sf-fanatic
06-19-2017, 02:31 AM

He was drafted by GSW as well

DanG
06-19-2017, 07:44 AM
PJ Tucker should go to the Cavs.

Nene, Zach Randolph should go to the Warriors and replace Zaza.

mrblisterdundee
06-19-2017, 10:38 AM
Zach Randolph is a FA right?

He could be a good bench scorer on a contender. Look at what David Lee did with the Spurs.

The_Franchise13
06-19-2017, 11:34 AM
He could be a good bench scorer on a contender. Look at what David Lee did with the Spurs.

Randolph on GS taking the maybe retired(?) David West minutes would be great.

THE MTL
06-19-2017, 11:47 AM
I think Joe Johnson and Vince Carter should become ring chasers, but I respect those guys for not being one.

COOLbeans
06-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Id want David West over ZBo

Bostonjorge
06-19-2017, 05:25 PM
I think Joe Johnson and Vince Carter should become ring chasers, but I respect those guys for not being one.

Vince is 40 years old. Grizz should force him onto a true contender. He's earned it.

TrueFan420
06-19-2017, 08:07 PM
T-Mac should go ahead and play for Golden State next year.

Psh we'd never make it out the first round with him in the side

JAZZNC
06-20-2017, 05:41 AM
Why are you guys talking about Joe Johnson like he's a free agent? He's under contract with the Jazz for this year.

Scoots
06-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Why are you guys talking about Joe Johnson like he's a free agent? He's under contract with the Jazz for this year.

You are right. I thought he was a free agent.