06-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Interesting, wonder what Boston is up to

aman_13
06-16-2017, 05:33 PM
You beat me to it.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Okafor and #3 pick for #1 pick?

LOL if you think that highly of Okafor you need a re-adjustment on skill in the NBA.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's 1, LAL pick, 2 2nds.

Crackadalic
Fultz/Simmons/Embid? O boy.

C-ross12
If we give up the one to a division rival it better sting some..

Crackadalic
06-16-2017, 05:35 PM
How do celtics fans feel about this?

warfelg
06-16-2017, 05:36 PM
If we give up the one to a division rival it better sting some..

We got the assets to take the sting out TBH.

Bostonjorge
06-16-2017, 05:38 PM
LOL if you think that highly of Okafor you need a re-adjustment on skill in the NBA.

My bad I thought you posted both tweets. Okafor tweet is in your signature.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-16-2017, 05:39 PM
My first thought was the number 3, the Lakers 1st, and something else. Do they have any additional firsts? Maybe a mid to late? Or a couple seconds.

Good for Philly, they've been stockpiling assets forever, and moves like this are exactly the reason why.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 05:42 PM
next years draft wont be as good... Fultz is by far the top guy this year... I wouldnt offer saric period... I am not liking the 3 plus lakers pick and kings pick... Id rather offer the 3/lakers pick and our pick next year over that kings pick...

The best thing about this is... the celtics nomatter how they rape us are cutting out their knees from under them... why? because this means they will give IT a max which is so laughably moronic... If I am the celtics I am drafting fultz and trading IT but they wont do that.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 05:42 PM
I would ask for Saric and the 3.

yea id rather give up the 3 first rounders over giving up the 3 and saric

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 05:43 PM
We got the assets to take the sting out TBH.

More-Than-Most
Okafor and #3 pick for #1 pick?

the sixers would do this and it would be rape... to get fultz it starts with the 3 and lakers pick... the only question is do we give up the sac pick, Okafor has negative value

warfelg
My first thought was the number 3, the Lakers 1st, and something else. Do they have any additional firsts? Maybe a mid to late? Or a couple seconds.

Good for Philly, they've been stockpiling assets forever, and moves like this are exactly the reason why.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We got #3, 2017 Lakers, 2017 own, 2018 Sacramento, 2018 own, 4 2nds this year, 3 2nds next year (IIRC).

And that's just picks.

zn23

People were saying the same about the Twolves with LaVine, Wiggins and KAT... look how that's turned out.

I feel bad for Markelle Fultz that he's going to be thrust into this mess in Philly with a bunch of young players and no leaders among them.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 05:44 PM

its quite literally perfect... its the ideal fit for us... We need fultz.. Its either draft fultz or trade back... I didnt want to deal with ainge and wanted to trade back or take JJ

warfelg
06-16-2017, 05:44 PM

No players involved ATM. All picks.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 05:45 PM
They are taking that "rape" package they are getting from you guys and trading it all for Jimmy Butler watch. lol.

that would be really smart.

More-Than-Most
Mmmm. I'm sure it will hurt you guys a bit. I'd assume its #3, LAL 18 + future conditionals or something?

the picks wont hurt us at all.. I said it all along there is such a thing as too much young talent.. we have insane cap money... we can afford to give up the picks. Id just prefer to keep that kings pick.

C-ross12
No players involved ATM. All picks.

Mmmm. I'm sure it will hurt you guys a bit. I'd assume its #3, LAL 18 + future conditionals or something?

D Blue987
06-16-2017, 05:46 PM
next years draft wont be as good... Fultz is by far the top guy this year... I wouldnt offer saric period... I am not liking the 3 plus lakers pick and kings pick... Id rather offer the 3/lakers pick and our pick next year over that kings pick...

The best thing about this is... the celtics nomatter how they rape us are cutting out their knees from under them... why? because this means they will give IT a max which is so laughably moronic... If I am the celtics I am drafting fultz and trading IT but they wont do that.

They are taking that "rape" package they are getting from you guys and trading it all for Jimmy Butler watch. lol.

GREATNESS ONE

I would pull the trigger on that.

warfelg
People were saying the same about the Twolves with LaVine, Wiggins and KAT... look how that's turned out.

I feel bad for Markelle Fultz that he's going to be thrust into this mess in Philly with a bunch of young players and no leaders among them.

LOL keep talking out your *** there. That threesome for Philly has much more talent, it really gelled last year, and with Embiid we were a really damn good team for all that "mess".

Crackadalic

I still like porter and doncic. Ayton too but yeah in terms of overall talent pool its nowhere near as good as this year.

More-Than-Most
LOL keep talking out your *** there. That threesome for Philly has much more talent, it really gelled last year, and with Embiid we were a really damn good team for all that "mess".

won 29 games with embiid only for 31 games... no simmons... noel gone and okafor as trash... let the haters hate

warfelg
06-16-2017, 05:47 PM

Fine with that.

More-Than-Most
I have no doubt about the value Ainge will get. I just wonder if its worth giving Philly Fultz, Simmons and Embiid.

if im the celtics i wouldnt... id draft fultz... trade next years first/IT/crowder fro butler.

Crackadalic

I mean when I look at this guys i look at them somewhere around year 5+ in terms of dominating. You can't expected 19-21 year olds to dominate the league. thats silly

C-ross12
I have no doubt about the value Ainge will get. I just wonder if its worth giving Philly Fultz, Simmons and Embiid.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 05:48 PM

That's fine with me.

D Blue987
06-16-2017, 05:48 PM
that would be really smart.

They will do it and get rid of a bad contract in the process. (If there is one) Bulls can completely reload over the next 2 years.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 05:49 PM
honestly i am not sure how the celtics arent asking for saric... just dumb.... 3 plus saric is better than 3/lakers pick/kings pick.

Crackadalic
its quite literally perfect... its the ideal fit for us... We need fultz.. Its either draft fultz or trade back... I didnt want to deal with ainge and wanted to trade back or take JJ

Yeah. I hate how far behind the knicks are in terms of young talent so seeing our division rivals being good with that core in there prime irritates me lol

C-ross12
I'm sure it is. Assembling Fultz, Embiid and Simmons will make all the pain go away lol.

zn23
06-16-2017, 05:50 PM

Hold your horses, you guys won 28 games... A team with a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players, especially on the starting line up is a recipe for disaster. Also no leaders.

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 05:51 PM
honestly i am not sure how the celtics arent asking for saric... just dumb.... 3 plus saric is better than 3/lakers pick/kings pick.

I trust Ainge, but I would be asking for Saric and 3.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 05:52 PM
lol lakers trying to get in on this... number 2 and randle.. NA son... If anybody is getting fultz its us. Fultz/Simmons/Embiid would just be unfair.

D Blue987
06-16-2017, 05:52 PM

It isn't stupid if the Celtics plan on making a play for Jimmy Butler or another franchise SF. Any team trading with the Celtics for a franchise player will want youth. Those picks would give another team more value than anything Saric brings to that said franchise.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Hold your horses, you guys won 28 games... A team with a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players, especially on the starting line up is a recipe for disaster. Also no leaders.

Went from 10 to 28 wins. Embiid became a leader. Saric is a leader.

Your spitting out national rhetoric rather than actually looking at what happened and what's going on.

D Blue987
06-16-2017, 05:54 PM
It isn't stupid if the Celtics plan on making a play for Jimmy Butler or another franchise SF. Any team trading with the Celtics for a franchise player will want youth. Those picks would give another team more value than anything Saric brings to that said franchise.

Celtics need an SF to have a shot at getting past Lebron and the Cavs. They simply didn't have the fire power or an answer for Lebron in that series this past year.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 05:54 PM
lol... my biggest draft day fear was the sixers taking tatum... I can live with anything else.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 05:56 PM

Agreed with all of this. If there is a player involved I would guess Holmes more than anyone else.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Agreed with all of this. If there is a player involved I would guess Holmes more than anyone else.

ugh... sigh... then that means we are forever with okafor lol

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 06:00 PM
How do celtics fans feel about this?

Reserved for now. I have no problem trading the first, especially if Ainge knows he can get Jackson at 3 while picking up extra assets. I'm going to wait to see the entire deal before I jump :D

D Blue987
06-16-2017, 06:01 PM
lol lakers trying to get in on this... number 2 and randle.. NA son... If anybody is getting fultz its us. Fultz/Simmons/Embiid would just be unfair.

I would be shocked if Boston did a deal with the Lakers. It just...doesn't seem right. Sixers are offering more than any other team would likely offer with the #3, Lakers first rounder and Sac first rounder.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:03 PM
How about Saric, Covington and No. 3 for No. 1?

please no. Id rather just give them the 3 first rounders

mrblisterdundee
06-16-2017, 06:04 PM
How about Saric, Covington and No. 3 for No. 1? I've heard Ainge likes Jackson.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Reserved for now. I have no problem trading the first, especially if Ainge knows he can get Jackson at 3 while picking up extra assets. I'm going to wait to see the entire deal before I jump :D

If you guys covet JJ that much this trade is a win win for both teams I think. You get the assets to go out and make a trade for a star, we get the PG we want and can clean up a few assets.

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 06:06 PM
If you guys covet JJ that much this trade is a win win for both teams I think. You get the assets to go out and make a trade for a star, we get the PG we want and can clean up a few assets.

I guess it all depends on what reports you believe and whatnot. A report came out recently the the Celtics "Really like Jackson". If its to be believed, then if you have solid evidence that LA goes Ball with 2, having your guy at three and getting really nice assets is quite cheeky TBH.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Andrew Porter‏Verified account @And_Porter 2m2 minutes ago
More
.@ZachLowe_NBA says he would "be really surprised" if the #Sixers-#Celtics trade fell apart. Wow..

matt5354
06-16-2017, 06:08 PM
If Boston is really interested in Jackson and select Fultz with their 1st, expecting a trade. And Lakers purposely selects Jackson with their 2nd pick to ****** everything up. Would that force Boston to only trade with Lakers

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:09 PM
if the celtics get those 3 first rounders... they take JJ with the 3... if ainge doesnt ****ing use the other 2 and the nets swap for butler or george ima lose it.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:10 PM
also... Celtics getting JJ... outside of fultz he is by far my number 2... i hate the celtics but my god that is a fantastic get for them

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:13 PM
Zach Lowe reported on SC6 that it's #3 and 1 future pick.

i just dont see how thats legit... they could take the 2 and randle which would be a better deal. Giving up fultz and getting a future first is ********

warfelg
06-16-2017, 06:13 PM

D Blue987
06-16-2017, 06:14 PM
If Boston is really interested in Jackson and select Fultz with their 1st, expecting a trade. And Lakers purposely selects Jackson with their 2nd pick to ****** everything up. Would that force Boston to only trade with Lakers

I am not convinced they even want to draft anyone in the draft. Although on the off chance they did want Jackson, they would theoretically be at the mercy of the Lakers as they have zero use for Ball. Lakers could take Jackson and offer him to Boston for 3 and the Lakers 2018 pick back. hahaha.

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 06:15 PM

Is the LAL pic you guys have unprotected?

More-Than-Most
Is the LAL pic you guys have unprotected?

probably... but that doesnt seem like enough... I thought the 3/lakers pick and sac pick was a tiny bit to much... i figured the 3/lakers pick and maybe a future sixers first would be the deal... Just the 3 and the lakers pick seems like a pipe dream if you are a sixers fan

PropheticGeius
Lol no one wants fultz or lonzo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PropheticGeius
06-16-2017, 06:16 PM
I hope this happens it means the Lakers are getting Jacskon for sure

More-Than-Most

I just dont understand how either ainge is that dumb or the lakers arent offering more

warfelg
Andrew Porter‏Verified account
@And_Porter
Follow
More
.@ZachLowe_NBA said on SportsCenter about trade: "terms are essentially agreed on..this is really likely to happen." BOS gets one future 1..

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:17 PM
I hope this happens it means the Lakers are getting Jacskon for sure

let me just say.... this would be my draft day wet dream... sixers get fultz... lakers select JJ... that would really be a ****ed up thing to happen to the celtics...Lonzo would drop to the kings lmfao.

PropheticGeius
06-16-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm about 90% sure the Lakers want Jackson. I will laugh if celtics do this and end up with Ball

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 06:18 PM
probably... but that doesnt seem like enough... I thought the 3/lakers pick and sac pick was a tiny bit to much... i figured the 3/lakers pick and maybe a future sixers first would be the deal... Just the 3 and the lakers pick seems like a pipe dream if you are a sixers fan

Well yes, now it does. But when the LAL pic turns up to be a top 3 pick next year it will seem a bit steep then.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Well yes, now it does. But when the LAL pic turns up to be a top 3 pick next year it will seem a bit steep then.

i dunno... i doubt the lakers will be a top 3 pick.. we assume it will be 7-11 or so... the celtics probably wont keep it... that and the nets pick for butler or something... It doesnt seem steep at all... the reason why is because fultz is the sixers wet dream... he is quite literally the perfect fit for us on top of being the best guy in this draft... if there was ever a time for ainge to ask for a ton its now.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:20 PM
I'm about 90% sure the Lakers want Jackson. I will laugh if celtics do this and end up with Ball

they wouldnt take ball... likely they would take tatum... ball would drop to the kings... Lavar would stroke out.

mngopher35
06-16-2017, 06:22 PM
I thought Okafor would be involved too tbh

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 06:23 PM
i dunno... i doubt the lakers will be a top 3 pick.. we assume it will be 7-11 or so... the celtics probably wont keep it... that and the nets pick for butler or something... It doesnt seem steep at all... the reason why is because fultz is the sixers wet dream... he is quite literally the perfect fit for us on top of being the best guy in this draft... if there was ever a time for ainge to ask for a ton its now.

I guess I'll have to wait to see the full deal whens its complete. But why would you assume the Lakers will improve that much?

warfelg

That will end up with Chicago IMO, where it's essentially a 3 way deal.

D Blue987

Boston would be better with the Lakers offer of #2 and Randle for 1 than with only a 3 and Lakers pick offer. #3 ,Lakers pick, and Sac pick is probably only way Celtics pull the trigger.

WestCoastSportz
06-16-2017, 06:24 PM

I think you're selling Okafor way short. Its not like he's been in the league for 7 years and hasn't panned out. He was the 3rd overall pick 2 years ago. He's still 21 years old which means he still has upside. He's has some great games and lots of bad ones, but the talent is there. Lets not forget that he was injured with a tear in his meniscus and that he's playing in Philadelphia, who probably should be replacing their entire training staff after what has happened to Embiid, Simmons and Okafor. All their top picks in the last 3 years.

I actually like that scenario. #3 and Okafor for the #1 overall pick. I'd add one of the 2nd rounders that Philly has though. The one hole the Celtics need to fill is at the PF spot. They get that here along with the 3rd pick. The Celtics are in a good position having just lost in the ECF.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Boston would be better with the Lakers offer of #2 and Randle for 1 than with only a 3 and Lakers pick offer. #3 ,Lakers pick, and Sac pick is probably only way Celtics pull the trigger.

yup that is what I assume as well. I just dont buy its the 3 and a future first.

PropheticGeius
06-16-2017, 06:25 PM
they wouldnt take ball... likely they would take tatum... ball would drop to the kings... Lavar would stroke out.

Well same difference.

The notion that Lakers are locked in on Ball is @@@@*****

All signs point to Jackson

Btw Fultz doesn't impress me at all. He's a proven loser and non defender. They are a dime a dozen.

Celtics are brilliant to trade down

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:26 PM
I think you're selling Okafor way short. Its not like he's been in the league for 7 years and hasn't panned out. He was the 3rd overall pick 2 years ago. He's still 21 years old which means he still has upside. He's has some great games and lots of bad ones, but the talent is there. Lets not forget that he was injured with a tear in his meniscus and that he's playing in Philadelphia, who probably should be replacing their entire training staff after what has happened to Embiid, Simmons and Okafor. All their top picks in the last 3 years.

I actually like that scenario. #3 and Okafor for the #1 overall pick. I'd add one of the 2nd rounders that Philly has though. The one hole the Celtics need to fill is at the PF spot. They get that here along with the 3rd pick. The Celtics are in a good position having just lost in the ECF.

Lmfao... Ok hear me out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbf_AukNAn8

Click that... Watch in aww.

Now you might be thinking to yourself its just 1 play.. Let me tell you... it isnt. He is the very worst basketball defender i have ever seen.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Well same difference.

The notion that Lakers are locked in on Ball is @@@@*****

All signs point to Jackson

Btw Fultz doesn't impress me at all. He's a proven loser and non defender. They are a dime a dozen.

Celtics are brilliant to trade down

i have been saying that since day 1... the lakers would be utterly moronic to draft ball and pass on JJ... My big board has always been

Fultz

JJ

everyone else.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:30 PM
Lmfao... Ok hear me out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbf_AukNAn8

Click that... Watch in aww.

Now you might be thinking to yourself its just 1 play.. Let me tell you... it isnt. He is the very worst basketball defender i have ever seen.

oh and wait... okafors excuse is he was tired... which you can buy... but wait theres more... that is a logical excuse until you realize there is 3 plus minutes left in... wait for it... the first ****ing quarter

warfelg
06-16-2017, 06:30 PM
LOL Lakers fan trying to downplay Flutz just like last year with Simmons.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:31 PM

this has always been my issue with their fanbase... love their young guys in russ and ingram but they love a certain player until they draft someone different and they they hate that player and love whomever they draft... See how much they loved OKA before russ was the pick and how OKA was trash a day later.

D Blue987
i have been saying that since day 1... the lakers would be utterly moronic to draft ball and pass on JJ... My big board has always been

Fultz

JJ

everyone else.

The deal makes a ton of sense for the Sixers as they have needed a ball handler for years. Looks like your gm got some brains for once.

PropheticGeius

Fultz

JJ

everyone else.

That is your problem. Fultz isn't 1. Not even close.

PropheticGeius
06-16-2017, 06:32 PM
Also, this draft is about 10 deep

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:32 PM
The deal makes a ton of sense for the Sixers as they have needed a ball handler for years. Looks like your gm got some brains for once.

lol hopefully but doubtful... colangelo and brains go together like water and Oil... I am sure ainge agreed to the 3 and a future first and colangelo said but wait THERES more... How about you take saric and another future first as well to really make this thing fair.

D Blue987
06-16-2017, 06:34 PM

The big difference though on Laker fans behalf is there probably isn't such a tremendous gap this year 1-3 imo between Fultz, Ball, and JJ like there was last year between Simmons and Ingram. Simmons was the better prospect easily in last years draft although health obviously played a role in what would have been his rookie year.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:34 PM
The big difference though on Laker fans behalf is there probably isn't such a tremendous gap this year 1-3 imo between Fultz, Ball, and JJ like there was last year between Simmons and Ingram. Simmons was the better prospect easily in last years draft although health obviously played a role in what would have been his rookie year.

I think there is a tiny gap with fultz to JJ.... But not anything substantial... Its just the fit for the sixers that is so important... I think after JJ though there is a gap. Ball just isnt close to JJ/Fultz.

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 06:35 PM

1-10 this year are far closer then they were last year. I think Fultz is clear 1, but I also think guys likes Lauri Markkanen and Frank Ntilikina could be really good as well.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:35 PM
1-10 this year are far closer then they were last year. I think Fultz is clear 1, but I also think guys likes Lauri Markkanen and Frank Ntilikina could be really good as well.

this is the thing... to me this draft has been seriously overrated and a ton of teams are going to suffer... the majority of these guys are going to bust... there will be 1 or 2 or 3 guys from say 8-16 that will end up being better than guys 1-8 lol... Its like most other drafts tbh... crapshoot.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Steve Kyler‏Verified account @stevekylerNBA 13m13 minutes ago
More
So hearing the three this year, a future 76ers first and Lakers 2018 on the table to Celtics for the number one... thats a ton of value

Not bad at all.

Timmmahhh
06-16-2017, 06:40 PM
Please Basketball Gods... Please make this be the Celtics acquiring more picks to send a decent package to the Bulls FO, forcing them to part with Butler.

I've been waiting years for the Bulls to hit the reset button, so please let this be the time.

D Blue987
06-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Not bad at all.

They should be pushing for the Sac Pick instead as Sac is probably going to be trash for years...

Teeboy1487
06-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Celtics would be dumb for this. Passing on Fultz would be a mistake. If I'm the Sixers, I would do everything it takes to make this happen if the Celtics are dumb enough to pass on Fultz by trading the pick.

Bostonjorge
06-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Boston should offer the 1st overall pick and next years Brooklyn pick as the starting point to get Simmons.

Aust
06-16-2017, 06:49 PM
That's all they would give up? I would def do that if I were Philly. I'm willing to bet the Laker pick next year is around 8 and the Philly pick around 12. Idk the details on the Philly pick(protections?) the farther out year-wise the worse it'll likely be.

If the C's make this deal centered around 3+LAL pick, they are going to be disappointed in it not being at the high part of the lottery.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:49 PM
Boston should offer the 1st overall pick and next years Brooklyn pick as the starting point to get Simmons.

i wouldnt trade simmons sorry... i am in love with simmons/fultz/embiid/saric/TLC/covington/Holmes and a ton of cap room as our future.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:50 PM
That's all they would give up? I would def do that if I were Philly. I'm willing to bet the Laker pick next year is around 8 and the Philly pick around 12. Idk the details on the Philly pick(protections?) the farther out year-wise the worse it'll likely be.

If the C's make this deal centered around 3+LAL pick, they are going to be disappointed in it not being at the high part of the lottery.

yup.. us sixer fans assume the lakers pick was going to be 7-11 at best

More-Than-Most
Celtics would be dumb for this. Passing on Fultz would be a mistake. If I'm the Sixers, I would do everything it takes to make this happen if the Celtics are dumb enough to pass on Fultz by trading the pick.

i dont think the celtics should do it either... fultz looks too good... If the lakers take JJ that bones the celtics in the ***. If the celtics take fultz they can move on from IT.

warfelg
They should be pushing for the Sac Pick instead as Sac is probably going to be trash for years...

The reason why it's the Sixers pick is they can finalize the trade before the draft. If it's the Sac pick they cannot.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 06:51 PM
if the sixers keep saric and the sac pick i will cry

Aust
06-16-2017, 06:53 PM
I hope Fultz balls out and the C's get "meh" return for doing this lmfao that would be awesome

Aust
06-16-2017, 06:54 PM
That Philly pick won't be worth much. That team is going to start winning games, soon and fast since they are in the East.

hotdalton18
06-16-2017, 07:02 PM
Boston would be dumb to pass on Fultz for IT

warfelg
06-16-2017, 07:04 PM
That Philly pick won't be worth much. That team is going to start winning games, soon and fast since they are in the East.

I mean if it ends up #3, mid-lotto, 15-23 pick that's not a bad trade TBH.

b-ballistic
06-16-2017, 07:13 PM

The Celtics are in the Eastern Conference Playoff hunt and have the number 1 pick in this draft. They didn't get into this position by being dumb. Believe me, as much as I hate Ainge and the C's, they know what they want and what they're doing.

Aust
06-16-2017, 07:18 PM
I mean if it ends up #3, mid-lotto, 15-23 pick that's not a bad trade TBH.

Depends on the draft. For this, sure, since I don't see an enormous gap in Fultz, Ball, Jackson. If I were I C's fan I would rather have Fultz and dump IT. I'm personally not a big IT guy.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 07:29 PM
The Celtics are in the Eastern Conference Playoff hunt and have the number 1 pick in this draft. They didn't get into this position by being dumb. Believe me, as much as I hate Ainge and the C's, they know what they want and what they're doing.

so what your saying and you can correct me if I am wrong... That what they have done and whom they have taken advantage of-billy king- means they cant make a stupid trade? Danny ainge rape king... not disagreeing but king is legit known as a moronic GM... an they got IT which was fantastic.... He also signed Horford which well look how that has paid off an has sat on his hands forever instead of nabbing a butler/George etc... Sorry but what they have done does not mean any future trades/signings are just automatically smart... there is but one team that gets that benefit of the doubt and its the spurs.

WaDe03
06-16-2017, 07:34 PM

Interesting. If this is the case Wade will also leave Chicago. I feel a lot of movement coming this offseason.

b-ballistic
06-16-2017, 07:37 PM
so what your saying and you can correct me if I am wrong... That what they have done and whom they have taken advantage of-billy king- means they cant make a stupid trade? Danny ainge rape king... not disagreeing but king is legit known as a moronic GM... an they got IT which was fantastic.... He also signed Horford which well look how that has paid off an has sat on his hands forever instead of nabbing a butler/George etc... Sorry but what they have done does not mean any future trades/signings are just automatically smart... there is but one team that gets that benefit of the doubt and its the spurs.

No one knows the future, but if they know who they want and know they will be there at three, then that is not a dumb move.

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 07:37 PM

Interesting. If this is the case Wade will also leave Chicago. I feel a lot of movement coming this offseason.

I hate to burst your bubble but if Wade leaves Chicago, he needs to seriously consider the option of taking much less than his current amount. He's not worth that money... especially on championship contending teams that need to squeeze every bit of that available cap. I hate to insult Wade because really, I like the guy but if he wants to play for a championship contender, he's simply not worth more than $15 million and it'll be a cripple on a team that just can't afford much more. If I'm Wade, I'd try to get Butler involved and force a way to the Cavs. Wade opts in and then Cavs trade J.R./Love/Shump over there.

b-ballistic
06-16-2017, 07:38 PM
^ And then there's this option.

Aust
06-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Jackson cancelled his workout with the C's a few days ago. Wonder if this trade goes, does he work out for them then?

nysportsfan23
06-16-2017, 07:39 PM
If the Celtics do this trade and then take Jackson, jaylen brown becomes expendable. They package jaylen brown, filler and multiple excess firsts for butler. That leaves them with an upgraded team, fantastic cap situation, and tons of assets still in hand. Hell, they can probably acquire butler and Anthony Davis.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 07:41 PM
No one knows the future, but if they know who they want and know they will be there at three, then that is not a dumb move.

Yup. I think that's what happened here TBH. Boston knows who they want, they also want to make a trade without giving that guy up. Trading down to 3 while collecting assets at the same time will really help make that a possibility.

If it is Josh Jackson they take it raises a serious question:
Does that make Brown available for a trade?

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 07:41 PM
Boston is damn indecisive and they have so many damn moves. You can't blame them but wow, it seems the amount of options they have has put them in a very weird situation. I hope they do well.

WaDe03
06-16-2017, 07:45 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but if Wade leaves Chicago, he needs to seriously consider the option of taking much less than his current amount. He's not worth that money... especially on championship contending teams that need to squeeze every bit of that available cap. I hate to insult Wade because really, I like the guy but if he wants to play for a championship contender, he's simply not worth more than $15 million and it'll be a cripple on a team that just can't afford much more. If I'm Wade, I'd try to get Butler involved and force a way to the Cavs. Wade opts in and then Cavs trade J.R./Love/Shump over there.

Not bursting my bubble at all lol. I agree with you for the most part, I actually want him to take the 5.2M MLE with Cleveland but who knows? He could be in the Ginobli role there and compete for 6MOY awards. The thing with Wade is, he's not going all out in the regular season so he won't be worth 20M+. He makes his money in the playoffs but wasn't able to find a good rhythm after returning from what was supposed to a season ending injury.

I think he could hover around 15-4-4 as the Cavs 6th man and he always has the potential to take over and close games in the biggest moments. Give him 26 MPG. Huge boost for the Cavs who got slim to none from their bench in the Finals. Then you look to improve in other areas.

nysportsfan23
06-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Whole question is do you view Fultz as a transcendent talent? One far great than Jackson? If you do the trade sucks. If you don't then the trade makes a lot of sense.

KobeOwnSU
It's obvious Boston likes Jackson. They know the Sixers are going to take Fultz @ 1. They know or at least have a pretty good idea the Lakers are taking Ball @ 2. Thus, they know Jackson will be there at 3, so why not get the guy you want and pick up some extra picks...it would then be possible for them to draft Jackson and trade for Butler.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WaDe03
I don't think Brown would be traded if they got Jackson. That's their future 2 and 3 both with loads of potential to arguably become the top 2 3 and D players in the league.

KobeOwnSU
06-16-2017, 07:53 PM
They are gonna draft Jackson at 3. Trade Brooklyn's 2018 pick, Phillys 2018 pick, their own 2018 pick, Crowder for Butler. Then have a foursome of IT, Butler, Jackson, Horford. Solid rotational pieces in Bradley, Smart, Brown. It's pretty obvious.

WaDe03
06-16-2017, 07:55 PM

Yep, this is just common sense at this point. Hopefully he's gone with or without Butler there. The Bulls organization is a joke from top to bottom.

warfelg
06-16-2017, 07:56 PM
They are gonna draft Jackson at 3. Trade Brooklyn's 2018 pick, Phillys 2018 pick, their own 2018 pick, Crowder for Butler. Then have a foursome of IT, Butler, Jackson, Horford. Solid rotational pieces in Bradley, Smart, Brown. It's pretty obvious.

Part of me wonders if they would take Isaac, still do that trade, and start games:
IT
Butler
Brown
Isaac
Horford

With Bradley, Smart, and a FA signing on the bench.

WaDe03
06-16-2017, 07:57 PM

While also having cap for Hayward Griffin Millsap etc. whoever they can sign.

Monta is beast
06-16-2017, 07:58 PM
I don't think Brown would be traded if they got Jackson. That's their future 2 and 3 both with loads of potential to arguably become the top 2 3 and D players in the league.

lol ya cause jaylen brown or Josh Jackson is a Bron or KD smh

WaDe03
Part of me wonders if they would take Isaac, still do that trade, and start games:
IT
Butler
Brown
Isaac
Horford

With Bradley, Smart, and a FA signing on the bench.

Don't forget that cap space. They'll more than likely match salaries so they can sign an all star.

KobeOwnSU
Which makes me even more certain that this trade means the Lakers are taking Ball at 2. If this is so, it would allow much more freedom of movement from Boston, as we are seeing. It would only make sense because it allows Boston to move down to 3 knowing they are going to still get their guy and get some additional pieces to work with. Y'all in denial of you think this trade means anything other then that for the Lakers.

KobeOwnSU
06-16-2017, 07:59 PM
While also having cap for Hayward Griffin Millsap etc. whoever they can sign.
With that trade, how much cap space would Boston have?

WaDe03
06-16-2017, 08:01 PM
lol ya cause jaylen brown or Josh Jackson is a Bron or KD smh

Neither of them are better 3 and D players than Kawhi. I also said POTENTIAL. Their potential is sky high and they already project to be elite defenders who are continuing to improve their shooting. There's no arguing that.

WaDe03
06-16-2017, 08:03 PM
With that trade, how much cap space would Boston have?

I'll be surprised if they don't match salaries in the trade, if they match salaries they have enough for a max level guy. If they just trade Crowder I believe they would have 8M less but may be able to talk someone down on the price in hopes of contending. A Celtics fan could tell you their cap space better than I can though, I'm just almost positive thy have max space.

nysportsfan23
06-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Griffin or milsap makes sense, Hayward doesn't in that scenario. That would be three sfs

nysportsfan23
06-16-2017, 08:12 PM
Knicks better draft the second coming of Jesus in this trade scenario. Lebron should move to la

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 08:18 PM
What are the chances Boston actually makes a trade with Cleveland for Kevin Love? He'd fit right in. They can have a Hayward+IT+Love+Horford roster if they make some trades with Bradley+Crowder and maybe Brown. Both teams benefit and with Bradley being able to command much more the year after, it might make sense for them to draft Josh Jackson and slide IT to SG. Cavs get what they want and they can slide LeBron to PF.

Ty Fast
06-16-2017, 08:18 PM

Plus Saric and cap space

MMC1710
06-16-2017, 08:24 PM
If the Sixers are keeping the SAC and LA picks and dealing their own picks I'm all for this deal. I think SAC and LA are gonna be bad the next season or two.

Green_Monster
06-16-2017, 08:42 PM
If the Sixers are keeping the SAC and LA picks and dealing their own picks I'm all for this deal. I think SAC and LA are gonna be bad the next season or two.

You'll likely be disappointed.

corky831
06-16-2017, 08:47 PM
As a celtics fan, I want to draft Fultz because we need scorers, and Fultz is the best one in this draft. I'm also concerned about ITs hip, and don't want to give him a max. My number 2 in this draft though is definitely Josh Jackson. I would hope that he would fall to 3 if the Celtics made this trade. I've read on Masslive.com that Jackson plans to meet with Boston in the next couple days....and also that reports of the Philly Boston trade are not close to being done, with other parts still being discussed. Exciting time of year right now. If we do get Jackson, we would possibly be able to trade some of our assets for Jimmy Butler and then sign Blake Griffin. Have a line-up of IT, Butler, Jackson, Griffin, and Horford would be nice

Kees2315
06-16-2017, 09:23 PM
What if the Celtics found a way to trade the 1st for the 3rd, sac 2018 1st and saric. Draft Jackson

Then trade 2018 bkyn pick, crowder and IT for Jimmy B

Find a way to sign Chris Paul and Blake

Cp3/smart/rozier
Jimmy/Avery
Jackson/brown
Griffin/saric
Horford/zizic

mike_noodles
06-16-2017, 09:28 PM
The rumor about the C's getting more picks to trade for Butler makes no sense.

Cracka2HI!
06-16-2017, 09:44 PM
I can't see why this would be for Butler either. Adding Butler would also eliminate max cap space. If I were Blake Griffin I would go to Boston. They look like a dynasty in the making if they get a star max player. I don't think Blake will leave The Clippers now that West is in the fold. West losing a big FA like that would be the opposite of everything he's ever done. Boston still does scare me when it comes Blake. If he can stay healthy he'd be a great fit there imo.

This rumored trade makes sense for both teams. I think adding Fultz would be a HR for Philly. Boston may like Jackson just as much and if the Lakers are set to pick Ball, why not add yet another lottery pick? I don't see Chicago trading Butler or Boston trading the #1 overall pick and tying up their cap space before trying to land Hayward, Blake or someone else. I can see Boston settling on Gallanari at worst. Not sure he puts them over the top but if they added Fultz/Jackson and Gallanari it woud still be a great offseason.

corky831
06-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Why can people not see the Celtics doing this to try and get Butler? Butler makes 18-20 million for the next 3 yrs....thats roughly 10 million a yr less than what he is worth (a max contract). The celtics could also possibly do a sign a trade with the clippers for Blake Griffin by sending bradley, crowder, and other assets. Doc Rivers loves Avery Bradley and with Butler and Jackson possibly on the Cs, Bradley and Crowder become expendable. Also, Mark Wahlberg, a huge Celtics fan and good friend of Jimmy Butler, is pushing hard for the Cs to acquire Jimmy :)

eDush
06-16-2017, 10:11 PM
Why can people not see the Celtics doing this to try and get Butler? Butler makes 18-20 million for the next 3 yrs....thats roughly 10 million a yr less than what he is worth (a max contract). The celtics could also possibly do a sign a trade with the clippers for Blake Griffin by sending bradley, crowder, and other assets. Doc Rivers loves Avery Bradley and with Butler and Jackson possibly on the Cs, Bradley and Crowder become expendable. Also, Mark Wahlberg, a huge Celtics fan and good friend of Jimmy Butler, is pushing hard for the Cs to acquire Jimmy :)Well Bill Murray is Butler new bbf now and will put him on his A list which means a lot :nod:

C-ross12
06-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Can someone give me the latest? Haven't gone through all the pages.

hugepatsfan
06-16-2017, 11:24 PM
I can't see why this would be for Butler either. Adding Butler would also eliminate max cap space. If I were Blake Griffin I would go to Boston. They look like a dynasty in the making if they get a star max player. I don't think Blake will leave The Clippers now that West is in the fold. West losing a big FA like that would be the opposite of everything he's ever done. Boston still does scare me when it comes Blake. If he can stay healthy he'd be a great fit there imo.

This rumored trade makes sense for both teams. I think adding Fultz would be a HR for Philly. Boston may like Jackson just as much and if the Lakers are set to pick Ball, why not add yet another lottery pick? I don't see Chicago trading Butler or Boston trading the #1 overall pick and tying up their cap space before trying to land Hayward, Blake or someone else. I can see Boston settling on Gallanari at worst. Not sure he puts them over the top but if they added Fultz/Jackson and Gallanari it woud still be a great offseason.

They can very easily sign a max and trade for Butler. It will take some working on which players (salaries) they send out and when they execute the deal. But fitting in a max signing and a JB trade wouldn't be an issue. Very doable.

IKnowHoops
06-16-2017, 11:44 PM

Huh? More talent? Really ? OK

eDush
06-16-2017, 11:46 PM

They can very easily sign a max and trade for Butler. It will take some working on which players (salaries) they send out and when they execute the deal. But fitting in a max signing and a JB trade wouldn't be an issue. Very doable.Is that why one of the greatest QB to ever played the game signed a max...oh right he's couldn't.
:no:

GREATNESS ONE
06-17-2017, 12:13 AM

Great post, they pull that off, they will get closer to the Cavs. Having two players that can help on Lebron would be huge. But I do think Cavs get more help this summer Melo/PG etc

Bostonjorge
06-17-2017, 01:39 AM
Looks like Boston trying to turn the 1st pick overall, next year Brooklyn pick and package of other picks into the 3rd pick and Butler.

Aust
06-17-2017, 04:55 AM
If I'm Boston I think very very carefully about what I do with next year's Brooklyn pick. That asset is pure gold. I would be extremely hesitant to move it.

sager729
06-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Looks like Boston trying to turn the 1st pick overall, next year Brooklyn pick and package of other picks into the 3rd pick and Butler.

For the Celtics to not have to give up #3 this year in a Butler deal, they'd have to get the Lakers' unprotected pick from the Sixers and say the Kings pick in 2019. All 3 would have to go to CHI plus say Amir Johnson and Jahlil Okafor. And I'm still not sure the Bulls do this. Because GarPax sucks.

But if Butler goes to Boston, the BKN next year will go to Chicago with other big time assets.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:37 AM

They won't keep three. That version of the deal is being reported as:

Sixers get: #1
Celtic get: Jimmy Butler
Bulls get: #3, Nets Pick 2019, Jahlil Okafor

Heediot
06-17-2017, 07:01 AM
I still like porter and doncic. Ayton too but yeah in terms of overall talent pool its nowhere near as good as this year.

Top 3 next year is better IMO. Ayton and Doncic are legit. Not too sure about porter but he is expected to challenge for the top pick.

Heediot
06-17-2017, 07:07 AM

U sixers fans are over-valuing saric. What he did as a 22 year old rookie wasn't that spectacular. Any other year his stats may not even be enough for all nba first team. At 22-23, I don't think his ceiling is high. He has a very high floor, but low ceiling IMO.

Heediot
06-17-2017, 07:10 AM
Boston already has Crowder and Jaylen, why add another guy to that? Like others said, the 3rd will be shipped? Why not just ship the first overall?

Fultz offensive skills is too Similar to Thomas. An attacking/scoring PG (Except with more Height). Maybe the Celtics are looking for a play-maker. Maybe they will settle for Ball (playmaker) or Jackson (defensive, energy guy, with scoring upside).

warfelg
06-17-2017, 08:10 AM
U sixers fans are over-valuing saric. What he did as a 22 year old rookie wasn't that spectacular. Any other year his stats may not even be enough for all nba first team. At 22-23, I don't think his ceiling is high. He has a very high floor, but low ceiling IMO.

I think you mean 1st all rookie team. And if you don't think that 13-6-2 doesn't make the 1st all rookie team you haven't paid attention to all rookie teams.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 08:24 AM
I don't like the idea of trading. As I said in another thread, to realistically expect a title you need a top 20 player all time. That's the reality of things. Fultz is no guarantee but he's the best shot at it. People are putting him in the special category of prospect.

Now if they move back and get 3 cracks at it it makes sense of Ainge doesn't feel strongly about him. But the chances are Rhose picks are later and/or never get anyone as good as Fultz. If he's a top 5 PG and an all star that will suck but BOS will live. If he's a generational talent that can be a #1 on a title team and BOS doesn't get one with their picks then it will be the worst trade in history.

I saw this on twitter... someone said Ainge is trying to hit on a 19 in blackjack. Just take Fultz! Seems like we're too far down the trade road now.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 08:29 AM

WOJ bomb said same thing. Then it looks like IT is probably safe.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 08:37 AM
WOJ bomb said same thing. Then it looks like IT is probably safe.

Yea. I think it's all about getting assets to try not to give up Crowder or Bradley for Boston.

And I know some Celtics fans are freaking out about trading first then trying to sign someone, but it's easy. Even if they trade for Butler without sending any players out, that only jumps their cap number from $71mil to $88mil. A total cap being at about $101mil, they only have to clear roughly $20mil to have the space for Hayward or Griffin. Renounce the rights to James Young and Kelly Olynyk (they won't miss them anyways) saves them $14.7mil. Releasing Tyler Zeller (who barely played) saves them another $8mil. Just letting those 3 go saves them a total of $22.7mil; which is what is needed for signing max cap player. That gives them a cap number of $65.3mil going into FA.

Sign the max player, then bring over Yabusele and Zizic and it all works out fine in the cap.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 08:38 AM
They won't keep three. That version of the deal is being reported as:

You have to be missing something there. No way does CHI take #1 instead of #3 for Okafor. No need for PHI in this.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 08:52 AM
You have to be missing something there. No way does CHI take #1 instead of #3 for Okafor. No need for PHI in this.

I mean, unless you haven't been paying attention, that's exactly what the reported deal would be.

Heediot
06-17-2017, 08:55 AM
I think you mean 1st all rookie team. And if you don't think that 13-6-2 doesn't make the 1st all rookie team you haven't paid attention to all rookie teams.

True. I've took a quick scroll on wiki and it didn't take me long to realize my rushed error.

3rd and Saric for Fultz, i'd do in a heart beat, but that's me.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 09:06 AM
True. I've took a quick scroll on wiki and it didn't take me long to realize my rushed error.

3rd and Saric for Fultz, i'd do in a heart beat, but that's me.

I would too, but the more and more it comes out, it sounds like the Celtics want extra picks to be able to trade for Butler without parting with Crowder.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 09:17 AM
I mean, unless you haven't been paying attention, that's exactly what the reported deal would be.

How so? Read back what I quoted:

What pick is PHI giving up? Unless the typo in "Nets pick 2019" was on the team name, not the year. I thought you had meant 2018 Nets pick which is BOS's. In that case your team would be giving up nothing other than Okafor to move up to #1.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 09:26 AM

What pick is PHI giving up? Unless the typo in "Nets pick 2019" was on the team name, not the year. I thought you had meant 2018 Nets pick which is BOS's. In that case your team would be giving up nothing other than Okafor to move up to #1.

What's Philly giving up other than #3 and Okafor you mean? There's still a possibility of a future Sixers first but no distinct answer on where it goes. And no Nets 2019 pick wasn't a typo.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2017, 09:37 AM
What's Philly giving up other than #3 and Okafor you mean? There's still a possibility of a future Sixers first but no distinct answer on where it goes. And no Nets 2019 pick wasn't a typo.

it doesnt fill out though... why would the bulls do that? if i am the bulls id rather have the 1over the 3 and oka... the celtics could just give them the 1... its going to be oka/3 and some type of other first either our own or the kings going out for the first or the lakers pick... oka has no value.

randle and the 2 would be more sexy than oka and the 3 lol....

it has to be eithe

3/lakers pick/kings pick or a future sixer pick instead of the kings pick

or

3/lakers pick/Oka

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 09:40 AM

No where has it been reported that PHI is giving up just #3 and almost worthless Okafor for #1 with the discussions being about if they add 2019 to that. Every single report has PHI giving up at least one future pick. That part is a given.

Nets 2019 pick needs to be a typo because neither BOS/PHI/CHI have rights to it so it can't in any trade.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 09:58 AM
No where has it been reported that PHI is giving up just #3 and almost worthless Okafor for #1 with the discussions being about if they add 2019 to that. Every single report has PHI giving up at least one future pick. That part is a given.

Nets 2019 pick needs to be a typo because neither BOS/PHI/CHI have rights to it so it can't in any trade.

Maybe it's not the nets or where I saw it on twitter had that so maybe they misspoke, but it had a pick that Boston has and Philly doesn't going to Chi. There same guy said he was unsure if the Philly future pick goes to Boston or Chicago.

Either way it most likely that the trade ends up just Philly/Boston and Chicago isn't involved. It sounds like someone was trying to put together two separate rumors into one because things are unclear with it.

corky831
06-17-2017, 10:01 AM

This rumored trade is not accurate. The Celtics would not be giving up #3 for Butler. They would pick #3 and then try and obtain Butler with the other assets they acquire....possibly the LAL 2018 and BRK 18 picks or one of those picks and Crowder. Danny Ainge doesn't plan on mortgaging the future and loves about 5 players in this draft. I can see crowder, the LAL 2018 pick and maybe Rozier for Butler.....

warfelg
06-17-2017, 10:09 AM
This rumored trade is not accurate. The Celtics would not be giving up #3 for Butler. They would pick #3 and then try and obtain Butler with the other assets they acquire....possibly the LAL 2018 and BRK 18 picks or one of those picks and Crowder. Danny Ainge doesn't plan on mortgaging the future and loves about 5 players in this draft. I can see crowder, the LAL 2018 pick and maybe Rozier for Butler.....

That's not getting you Butler.

BostonBoy
06-17-2017, 10:29 AM
That's not getting you Butler.

If the Celtics are truly making a play for Butler, I don't get why Philly is involved. #1 and pieces would be enough to get it done. Look at the Kevin Love/Wiggins trade. Minnesota received Wiggins, Bennett, Thad Young, and a $6.3 million trade exception. Everyone knew Bennett was a bust. Celtics could put together a similar package in #1, jae crowder, and salary filler without helping Philly.

I think this is purely about picks and as a Celtics fan, I'm okay with it as long as that 2019 Sacramento pick is included. We might have to sweeten the deal somehow (maybe one of our future firsts, clippers pick, or something else), but turning #1 into #3 with a realistic shot at getting 2 more top 5 picks (2018 Lakers, 2019 Kings) is worth it.

I like Fultz, but I'm not sold on him entirely as the best player in this class. The gap between Jackson and Fultz isn't as large as people think and even if Jackson was gone, I think Danny likes both Tatum and Isaac enough to do this trade.

Vee-Rex
06-17-2017, 10:35 AM
If the Celtics are truly making a play for Butler, I don't get why Philly is involved. #1 and pieces would be enough to get it done. Look at the Kevin Love/Wiggins trade. Minnesota received Wiggins, Bennett, Thad Young, and a $6.3 million trade exception. Everyone knew Bennett was a bust. Celtics could put together a similar package in #1, jae crowder, and salary filler without helping Philly.

I think this is purely about picks and as a Celtics fan, I'm okay with it as long as that 2019 Sacramento pick is included. We might have to sweeten the deal somehow (maybe one of our future firsts, clippers pick, or something else), but turning #1 into #3 with a realistic shot at getting 2 more top 5 picks (2018 Lakers, 2019 Kings) is worth it.

I like Fultz, but I'm not sold on him entirely as the best player in this class. The gap between Jackson and Fultz isn't as large as people think and even if Jackson was gone, I think Danny likes both Tatum and Isaac enough to do this trade.

That was similar to what the Bulls were asking for at the trade deadline last year. The Bulls were crazy desperate at that time, fans were angry, front office thinking about blowing it up, lots of drama with Rondo and the young players vs. Wade and Butler, etc...

#1, Crowder, and one of Smart/Bradley/Brown I believe. However, the Celtics refused to part with it and the trade died.

But since the Bulls made the playoffs and performed muuuuch better than they thought they would during the deadline, Butler's cost probably shot back up.

Now, it would be idiotic for the Celtics to now offer more than that for Butler (maybe they see something in Fultz they don't like or don't think his game will transfer well to the pros - his speed is piss poor). We'll see how it all shakes down, but it would be an example of why you don't hesitate on an opportunity that comes around like the Celtics did at the deadline.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 10:42 AM
That was similar to what the Bulls were asking for at the trade deadline last year. The Bulls were crazy desperate at that time, fans were angry, front office thinking about blowing it up, lots of drama with Rondo and the young players vs. Wade and Butler, etc...

#1, Crowder, and one of Smart/Bradley/Brown I believe. However, the Celtics refused to part with it and the trade died.

But since the Bulls made the playoffs and performed muuuuch better than they thought they would during the deadline, Butler's cost probably shot back up.

Now, it would be idiotic for the Celtics to now offer more than that for Butler (maybe they see something in Fultz they don't like or don't think his game will transfer well to the pros - his speed is piss poor). We'll see how it all shakes down, but it would be an example of why you don't hesitate on an opportunity that comes around like the Celtics did at the deadline.

That and it sounds like, from reading all the tweets, that Boston wants to do this without giving up many players, and bringing in other high picks is the way to do that.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 10:44 AM
You don't need to add extra salary pieces if you're trading #1 + Crowder. That's enough for Butler if you do what CLE did and wait. You can sign a max player up to the cap then go over with that trade.

If you dealt at the deadline and included a Zeller/Amir/Jerebko type to make numbers match (since the BRK pick wasn't outgoing money at that point) then that's extra salary on your books that would require dumping a Bradley/Smart type player now to open up room for a max.

By not doing the deadline deal they eliminated the need to do that extra salary saving move with a key rotation player.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 10:52 AM
My prediction of how it shakes out...

BOS gets: Jimmy Butler, 2018 LAL 1st

CHI gets: #3, Crowder, Bradley, 2019 PHI 1st, Okafor

PHI gets: #1

BostonBoy
06-17-2017, 10:52 AM
You don't need to add extra salary pieces if you're trading #1 + Crowder. That's enough for Butler if you do what CLE did and wait. You can sign a max player up to the cap then go over with that trade.

If you dealt at the deadline and included a Zeller/Amir/Jerebko type to make numbers match (since the BRK pick wasn't outgoing money at that point) then that's extra salary on your books that would require dumping a Bradley/Smart type player now to open up room for a max.

By not doing the deadline deal they eliminated the need to do that extra salary saving move with a key rotation player.

Good point.

If I'm the Celtics, I don't make any deal that mortgages the future for Butler though. I much prefer the idea of stockpiling even more assets (Josh Jackson + high value picks) in hopes of trading for a truly transformative player (Anthony Davis) within the next couple of years. Cap flexibility and assets are still paramount in a league that's going to be dominated by GSW and wherever Lebron lands for the next few years.

Build for 2020 and don't handcuff yourself in the present.

BostonBoy
06-17-2017, 10:55 AM

I wouldn't mind this, it's good for all sides. Celtics don't mortgage the future and still have 2 potentially high 2018 picks, Chicago begins their rebuild with a quality lottery pick this year and 2 good, young players in crowder/Bradley, Philly gets their point guard of the future.

JOSKOMANG4
06-17-2017, 10:56 AM
Trade outlook.

- Sixers get 1st overall pick

- Celtics get G/F J.Butler & 2-2nd rd picks 2017.

- bulls get 3rd overall, kings '19 unprotected 1st, C Okafur, SG Bradley, PG Rozier.

Sixers: Embiid/Saric/Simmons/Henderson/Fultz

Celtics: Olynyk/Horford/Crowder/Butler/IT

Bulls(Wade opts out):

Lopez(Okafur)/Portis/Jackson/Bradley/Rozier

corky831
06-17-2017, 11:05 AM

I don't envision the Celtics trading this yrs pick. This draft class is a lot deeper than next year's class and Danny said he won't mortgage the future. The initial report was the number 1 pick for #3 and multiple other picks. It was believed they wanted to stockpile those other picks (not the number 3 pick) to possibly acquire Jimmy Butler. I could see the Cs trading the LAL 2018, a PHI 2019 and Crowder for Butler. We can still clear cap to sign a max. Imagine rolling out a line-up of IT, Butler, Jackson, Griffin, and Horford? Looks pretty good to me with solid playmakers and defenders

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 11:14 AM
I don't envision the Celtics trading this yrs pick. This draft class is a lot deeper than next year's class and Danny said he won't mortgage the future. The initial report was the number 1 pick for #3 and multiple other picks. It was believed they wanted to stockpile those other picks (not the number 3 pick) to possibly acquire Jimmy Butler. I could see the Cs trading the LAL 2018, a PHI 2019 and Crowder for Butler. We can still clear cap to sign a max. Imagine rolling out a line-up of IT, Butler, Jackson, Griffin, and Horford? Looks pretty good to me with solid playmakers and defenders

That'd be ideal but CHI isn't going to deal Butler without a pick this year IMO. Just won't happen.

Scoots
06-17-2017, 11:21 AM
I won't believe Ainge will go big in a trade until I see it happen.

corky831
06-17-2017, 11:22 AM
That'd be ideal but CHI isn't going to deal Butler without a pick this year IMO. Just won't happen.

Then that's fine with me, I would rather have Jackson than Butler and just go after a Max. Jackson projects to be a similar player to Butler and is 7 yrs younger. It's fun to speculate all of these rumors and what the Cs might do, but maybe they don't do anything like the past 2 trade deadlines. Danny was hesitant to move any of the Brooklyn picks for Butler in the past, why would he do it now? He has said multiple times he does not want to mortgage the future....then why trade the 1st overall pick in the draft? Isn't that what you ultimately want to be at to select whoever you want? I'll trust danny to make the right moves, but he better have a good plan to make this team a serious contender next yr if he's willing to lose this yrs 1st overall pick in a stacked draft class. Plus....we don't even know if IT may need surgery or not yet....why pass up on a stud PG in Fultz who actually wants to play for Boston?? Very interesting.....Danny better have a plan

warfelg
06-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Then that's fine with me, I would rather have Jackson than Butler and just go after a Max. Jackson projects to be a similar player to Butler and is 7 yrs younger. It's fun to speculate all of these rumors and what the Cs might do, but maybe they don't do anything like the past 2 trade deadlines. Danny was hesitant to move any of the Brooklyn picks for Butler in the past, why would he do it now? He has said multiple times he does not want to mortgage the future....then why trade the 1st overall pick in the draft? Isn't that what you ultimately want to be at to select whoever you want? I'll trust danny to make the right moves, but he better have a good plan to make this team a serious contender next yr if he's willing to lose this yrs 1st overall pick in a stacked draft class. Plus....we don't even know if IT may need surgery or not yet....why pass up on a stud PG in Fultz who actually wants to play for Boston?? Very interesting.....Danny better have a plan

Tradeing 1 to us and getting our assets, then using that to flip for Butler isn't mortgaging the future at all.

Remember you still have:
2018 Brooklyn pick
2019 Clippers pick
2019 Memphis pock
All in the first

2nds:
3 this year
2019 Detroit 2nd
202 Miami 2nd

If you flip 1 for 3/LAL/Philly's 2019, then flip 3/Nets/Philly pick for Butler....what exactly are you losing in the future there? You replace the Nets pick with the Lakers pick, you net wash on the Philly pick. Essentially you traded #1 for Butler straight up in that scenario. That's not mortgaging the future at all, in fact I would say it's a smart play.

corky831
06-17-2017, 11:44 AM
It is mortgaging the future, because Butler will be 30 in 3 yrs along with IT and Horford would be 34. Butler is not the missing piece. We need a solid mix of young studs and veterans to stay competitive for now and the future. I understand you are defending the trade because you want Fultz, but I want him too or Josh Jackson. I prefer Fultz though because of ITs hip injury and not wanting to give him a max

warfelg
06-17-2017, 11:47 AM
So your saying you need 8 picks in 3 years? That giving up 3 of 8 1st round picks is mortgaging the future?

I'm sorry but if that's what you're saying it might be one of the dumber things I've heard.

Green_Monster
06-17-2017, 12:14 PM
I won't believe Ainge will go big in a trade until I see it happen.

... 2007 ring a bell?

BostonBoy
06-17-2017, 12:16 PM
So your saying you need 8 picks in 3 years? That giving up 3 of 8 1st round picks is mortgaging the future?

I'm sorry but if that's what you're saying it might be one of the dumber things I've heard.

I don't think he's talking about the quantity of picks, I think he's talking about where those picks land. 8 first round picks is great but some are worth way more than others. Mortgaging the future would be trading most if not all of the picks that are projected to be in the lottery.

LA4life24/8
06-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Worth it if you win a championship over the next 2-3 years.

BostonBoy
06-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Worth it if you win a championship over the next 2-3 years.

Do you really think that's going to put them over the top of GSW? It may not even put them over the top of the Cavs...

corky831
06-17-2017, 12:36 PM

I never said that....i said I want to have a top pick in this year's draft because it's stacked and I want Fultz or Jackson for the future....who knows what those 1st round picks will be....why do you want to trade future assets for the 1st this yr? You guys are far behind progress wise compared to the celtics? Is it because you think Fultz is gonna be great just like I do? You're just arguing that it's a good deal because you want Fultz. I want to sign a max this yr, and have a young core of Fultz, Brown, and BRK 18 pick. I don't want to help the competition

More-Than-Most
06-17-2017, 12:37 PM
I never said that....i said I want to have a top pick in this year's draft because it's stacked and I want Fultz or Jackson for the future....who knows what those 1st round picks will be....why do you want to trade future assets for the 1st this yr? You guys are far behind progress wise compared to the celtics? Is it because you think Fultz is gonna be great just like I do? You're just arguing that it's a good deal because you want Fultz. I want to sign a max this yr, and have a young core of Fultz, Brown, and BRK 18 pick. I don't want to help the competition

not wanting to help the competition is smart... on top of fultz gives you the IT out... personally if I am the celtics Id draft fultz and trade IT asap.

Vee-Rex
06-17-2017, 01:21 PM

Great deal for Boston and Chicago but a bad deal for Philly, IMO.

So Philly trades Okafor, the #3 overall, 2018 unprotected LAL 1st pick, and a 2019 1st round pick? All just to move up two spots in the draft?

Fultz isn't worth nearly as much as that.

corky831
06-17-2017, 01:22 PM
not wanting to help the competition is smart... on top of fultz gives you the IT out... personally if I am the celtics Id draft fultz and trade IT asap.

Exactly my thought process. If anything I'd be looking at SAC for 5, 10 and WCS or Skal....that way Fultz is out west and we can probably snag Fox at 5 and maybe Collins or Markkenan at 10. Don't want to help Philly whatsoever for unknown picks in the future. If Philly threw in Saric, number 3, and LAL 2018....then I'd consider

warfelg
06-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Great deal for Boston and Chicago but a bad deal for Philly, IMO.

So Philly trades Okafor, the #3 overall, 2018 unprotected LAL 1st pick, and a 2019 1st round pick? All just to move up two spots in the draft?

Fultz isn't worth nearly as much as that.

IMO he is. And let's break it down a little:
~Your aren't just swapping 1 for 3, so you need to add something.
~LAL pick is kinda volatile right now, as they could either suck, or make moves and improve some.
~Our own 2019 pick shouldn't be that high and either a late lotto or early playoffs pick
~Oh well on Okafor. He's been a net negative and is a throw in really.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 01:33 PM

#3, 2018 LAL pick, Protected 2021 Sixers pick.

KobeOwnSU
06-17-2017, 01:39 PM
The Celtics will keep the 3rd pick. Trade Brooklyn's 1, Lakers 1 and 2021 philly 1 for Butler.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 01:43 PM
I'll be honest.....for the bulls it's an absolutely ****** deal if they don't get #3 out of this draft for Butler.

If they get 2018 Nets, 2018 Lakers, 2021 heavily protected pick from Philly for Butler it's an absolute failure.

Bostonjorge
06-17-2017, 01:54 PM
The Brooklyn 2018 pick gives you the best shot at the #1 pick Micheal Porter jr.

If Okafor is a throw in then Boston can use him the most. They need a C.

Scoots
06-17-2017, 02:40 PM
The Brooklyn 2018 pick gives you the best shot at the #1 pick Micheal Porter jr.

If Okafor is a throw in then Boston can use him the most. They need a C.

Most of the time betting on "next year's talent" doesn't pay off.

PAOboston
06-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Proposed deal is an absolute fail. Gifting the #1 pick to Philly.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Most of the time betting on "next year's talent" doesn't pay off.

^this

5ass
06-17-2017, 02:52 PM
Boston working out Smith?

corky831
06-17-2017, 03:08 PM
This trade won't happen if it does at all probably until draft night. The Celtics want Jackson and would not want to give up number 3 for Butler. Also, another team could blow them away with an offer besides Philly. Danny holds all the cards and will take the best value. I wouldn't mind looking at SAC and seeing what they might be willing to offer. Fultz will visit with the Celtics again per reports.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2017, 03:34 PM
you dont trade the number 1 without the sack pick... hope it happens though... i want fultz because the potential and his fit is insane... i dont want to give up that sack pick though

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2017, 03:36 PM
fake news

unleashthebeast
06-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Boston working out Smith?

Yes this is a strange development. If the Celtics trade down to 3 and take Dennis Smith I'm laughing for like 3 days straight

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 03:50 PM
I'd be curious about why Ainge is willing to deal. Is it Fultz or is it Jackson? Is he just not sold on Fultz as a trancsendent talent so he wants to see if he gets another crack at it with future pick(s). Or does he think Jackson is that type of talent. I don't see it in Jackson.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2017, 03:54 PM
I'd be curious about why Ainge is willing to deal. Is it Fultz or is it Jackson? Is he just not sold on Fultz as a trancsendent talent so he wants to see if he gets another crack at it with future pick(s). Or does he think Jackson is that type of talent. I don't see it in Jackson.

My guess is that there was something that they learned about Fultz recently that they don't like.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Occams razor here people:

They are going to trade for a star and are building up enough assets that they don't have to part with a player they rather keep.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 04:00 PM
bad tweet

corky831
06-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Idk Jackson looks like a winner on the court to me. He can ball. Has a lot of heart and effort and he did shoot 38 percent from 3 for the yr. Just to put it in perspective....Jaylen Brown shot around 30 his freshman yr

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 04:06 PM
My guess is that there was something that they learned about Fultz recently that they don't like.

The one thing that puts me off with him I guess is I followed him on twitter and he just tweets/retweets all day articles and vids of how good he is. I guess I could see them not loving his personalitubqork ethic, intangibles, etc. but on the court he's a stud. Don't like the trade back.

eDush
06-17-2017, 04:21 PM

My guess is that there was something that they learned about Fultz recently that they don't like.Well Danny boy is an idiot if he passed up on Fultz. He had that specialness that I rarely seen in a college player that's not in Jackson nor Ball. Bird has that specialness too...just saying :nod:.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 04:51 PM
I looked up NBA champions since the '79-80 season. I used the first top 50 list I found to rank their best player. I went by best at the time (i.e. Wade > Shaq for the 05-06 Heat even though Shaq ranks higher on this list).

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cbs-sports-50-greatest-nba-players-of-all-time-where-do-lebron-curry-rank/

'79-80, LA Lakers, Magic Johnson, #4
'80-81, Boston Celtics, Larry Bird, #8
'81-82, LA Lakers, Magic, #4
'82-83, Philadelphia 76ers, Moses Malone, #14
'83-84, Boston Celtics, Bird, #8
'84-85. LA Lakers, Magic, #4
'85-86, Boston Celtics, Bird, #8
'86-87, LA Lakers, Magic, #4
'87-88, LA Lakers, Magic, #4
'88-89, Detroit Pistons, Isiah Thomas, #35
'89-90, Detroit Pistons, Isiah Thomas, #35
'90-91, Chicago Bulls, MJ, #1
'91-92, Chicago Bulls, MJ, #1
'92-93, Chicago Bulls, MJ, #1
'93-94, Houston Rockets, Hakeem, #11
'94-95, Houston Rockets, Hakeem, #11
'95-96, Chicago Bulls, MJ, #1
'96-97, Chicago Bulls, MJ, #1
'97-98, Chicago Bulls, MJ, #1
'98-99, SA Spurs, Tim Duncan, #7
'99-00, LA Lakers, Shaq, #10
'00-01, LA Lakers, Shaq, #10
'01-02, LA Lakers, Shaq, #10
'02-03, SA Spurs, Tim Duncan, #7
'03-04, Detroit Pistons, Chauncey Billups, unranked
'04-05, SA Spurs, Tim Duncan, #7
'05-06, Miami Heat, Dwyane Wade, #25
'06-07, SA Spurs, Tim Duncan, #7
'07-08, Boston Celtics, KG, #15
'08-09, LA Lakers, Kobe Bryant, #10
'09-10, LA Lakers, Kobe Bryant, #10
'10-11, Dallas Mavericks, Dirk Nowitski, #17
'11-12, Miami Heat, Lebron James, #2
'12-13, Miami Heat, Lebron James, #2
'13-14, SA Spurs, Leonard, #50
'14-15, GS Warriors, Steph Curry, #19
'15-16, Cleveland Cavaliers, Lebron james #2
'16-17, GS Warriors, Steph Curry, #19

The '03-04 Pistons miraculously won without ant ranked player. Leonard is #50 for the Spurs but he's early in his career - he's on pace to end up top 25ish. The Bad Boy Pistons won twice with #35.

Every other champion over almost 40 years had a top 25 player. Now these rankings aren't gospel but that says something. That's the type of player BOS needs to win a title realistically.

In this draft Fultz, IMO, is far and away the most likely to end up that caliber of player. No one available via trade is that type of player. Just take him, IMO.

The only reason to trade out is if you just feel there's no way Fultz is that good. Even if he's a top 15 player in the NBA, that's not top 20 all time. Maybe the LAl pick or another future first is that guy - probably not. But if you're 100% convinced that you just don't see it in Fultz it makes sense to go for either a proven player or multiple cracks at landing an all time great.

Scoots
06-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Ainge is still trying to maximize assets and a trade down lets him do that.

eDush
06-17-2017, 05:24 PM
Ainge is still trying to maximize assets and a trade down lets him do that.So it's better to maximize asset than draft the next star in Boston like a Bird. I rather get the next big star :nod:

Scoots
06-17-2017, 05:28 PM
So it's better to maximize asset than draft the next star in Boston like a Bird. I rather get the next big star :nod:

I understand that ... it's just that that doesn't mean that's the way Ainge thinks about it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Man Fultz better be a super star day 1 for 76ers. WOJ mention 3 first round picks. #3 this year. Lakers pick next year unprotected and possibly 2021 first as well. Ainge wants it to turn into a heist like they did with the Nets.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 05:43 PM
I understand that ... it's just that that doesn't mean that's the way Ainge thinks about it.

I still think this is about him having enough assets to trade for a star player without giving up Bradley/Crowder.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 05:46 PM
I still think this is about him having enough assets to trade for a star player without giving up Bradley/Crowder.
Probably Butler.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Man Fultz better be a super star day 1 for 76ers. WOJ mention 3 first round picks. #3 this year. Lakers pick next year unprotected and possibly 2021 first as well. Ainge wants it to turn into a heist like they did with the Nets.

If Embiid and Simmons are everything they can be then if Fultz can just play as a #3 star it's worth it.

We effectively trade #5, MCW, protected 2021 first for #1, Stauskas, Sacramento 2019 1st. When you look at it that way what we did is highway robbery.

LA4life24/8
06-17-2017, 05:48 PM
I dont understand why bos/chi just do a deal by themselves.. why even involve phi...

flea
06-17-2017, 05:49 PM
I think Ainge likes Tatum. He makes the most sense for the Celtics and I've said before that I think he's the best in the draft. Admittedly I haven't seen much of Fultz but nothing I've seen or read indicates he's a better scorer than Tatum. He'll probably be good in this P&R era as a playmaking guard but every team has those because the rules have made it so easy. The Celts have a 5'7 guard that shot like 50% from 2point land this season FFS.

Tatum, however, is just what the Celts need. They've got one of the better centers in the league, 3-4 quality guards, and the perfect cornerman mate to pair with Tatum in Crowder. As a scorer he's way more polished than Jabari Parker was, and he has already shown a shooting touch with a good release, toughness, and some defense. He fits perfectly because his game doesn't require the ball but he can still be your team's best scorer. Potentially a Kawhi Leonard upside on offense.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 05:53 PM
I dont understand why bos/chi just do a deal by themselves.. why even involve phi...

Easy:
Chicago asked Boston for assets Ainge doesn't want to give up, so he trades down from 1 to get other attractive assets so he can keep some.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 05:53 PM
If Embiid and Simmons are everything they can be then if Fultz can just play as a #3 star it's worth it.

We effectively trade #5, MCW, protected 2021 first for #1, Stauskas, Sacramento 2019 1st. When you look at it that way what we did is highway robbery.

One of those 3 for PHI needs to be a legit all time great as I explained earlier. Honestly the odds are still against it but can't think of a way to get highers odds than those 3.

hugepatsfan
06-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Easy:
Chicago asked Boston for assets Ainge doesn't want to give up, so he trades down from 1 to get other attractive assets so he can keep some.

Yup. The value PHI places on moving up from 3 to 1 is probably less than the disparity in value CHI sees between getting #1 and #3.

LA4life24/8
06-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Easy:

Why "help" an in division rival though... in a few years they are gonna have to deal w a 3 headed monster in phi. I just dont get it. Celts should build for the future. Cuz even if they somehow upset cavs no way they beat the dubs. Its just silly.

They go win now mode abd lose and ib 3-5 years have to deal w a monster in their division. Dumb.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:00 PM
Why "help" an in division rival though... in a few years they are gonna have to deal w a 3 headed monster in phi. I just dont get it. Celts should build for the future. Cuz even if they somehow upset cavs no way they beat the dubs. Its just silly.

They go win now mode abd lose and ib 3-5 years have to deal w a monster in their division. Dumb.

Because we're the team with the best assets to give them and help with it.

eDush
06-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Man Fultz better be a super star day 1 for 76ers. WOJ mention 3 first round picks. #3 this year. Lakers pick next year unprotected and possibly 2021 first as well. Ainge wants it to turn into a heist like they did with the Nets.Okay trading 2 top picks to up 2 spots should get most GM fired. As much as I love Fultz, even I wouldn't make such a foolish trade but I would have give them Okafor plus the 3rd overall for the top pick. Isn't this the same clown GM that back out of the Okafor trade to Boston a few years back?!?

Bring back Hinkie now!!!!!
:mad:

MILLERHIGHLIFE

Yeah don't remind me. Bucks should of kept the 76ers out of the Knight trade with the Suns. I wanted that Lakers pick badly. I knew they'd be lottery bound for a while. I would of took Lakers pick and salary fillers. All the Bucks got left to show for that trade is hardly anything. RFA Snell from MCW trade, UFA Beasley from Ennis trade. Glad we dumped Plumlee for player option of Hawes. But our assets look depressing now. Well we did get Knight, Middleton for Jennings. So were kinda hanging on with Middleton yet which was a steal.

warfelg
Yup. The value PHI places on moving up from 3 to 1 is probably less than the disparity in value CHI sees between getting #1 and #3.

Exactly. Id don't care if it's in division or not. If another team gives you the assets you need for another deal you get it done.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Yeah don't remind me. Bucks should of kept the 76ers out of the Knight trade with the Suns. I wanted that Lakers pick badly. I knew they'd be lottery bound for a while. I would of took Lakers pick and salary fillers. All the Bucks got left to show for that trade is hardly anything. RFA Snell from MCW trade, UFA Beasley from Ennis trade. Glad we dumped Plumlee for player option of Hawes. But our assets look depressing now. Well we did get Knight, Middleton for Jennings. So were kinda hanging on with Middleton yet which was a steal.

At the time it was understandable because you needed an option at PG.

LA4life24/8
06-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Because we're the team with the best assets to give them and help with it.

I guess. This to me just means that the celtics arent crazy impressed with this years prospects. And actually i think the lakers feel the same. They both seem to want picks in next years draft i wonder if they value 2018s class more than 2017.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Tom E. Curran‏Verified account
@tomecurran
Follow
More
Replying to @WojVerticalNBA
So CELTS would have No. 3, Brooklyn's No. 1 in '18, Lakers No. 1 in '18, LAC and Memphis No. 1s in '19. And their own picks @WojVerticalNBA

This is why you do an in division deal if your boston. That's 3 picks in each of the next two drafts. So much ability to move them to go up or move for a star player.

eDush
06-17-2017, 06:08 PM

Yeah don't remind me. Bucks should of kept the 76ers out of the Knight trade with the Suns. I wanted that Lakers pick badly. I knew they'd be lottery bound for a while. I would of took Lakers pick and salary fillers. All the Bucks got left to show for that trade is hardly anything. RFA Snell from MCW trade, UFA Beasley from Ennis trade. Glad we dumped Plumlee for player option of Hawes. But our assets look depressing now. Well we did get Knight, Middleton for Jennings. So were kinda hanging on with Middleton yet which was a steal.That MCW was pushed by Kidds (...is he really the GM without the title?) so if you blame someone, it's him. Even I thought that was a dumb move and even more shock the Suns did it as they had IT at a relatively team friendly contract even before he become a star.

Lots of bad GM everywhere :nod:

LA4life24/8
06-17-2017, 06:10 PM
This is why you do an in division deal if your boston. That's 3 picks in each of the next two drafts. So much ability to move them to go up or move for a star player.

I still think it means they dont value this draft AS MUCH as next years and beyond

Just curious who are you wanting if yall get #1 and who do you actually think yall will take? Its gotta be fultz, right?

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:10 PM
I guess. This to me just means that the celtics arent crazy impressed with this years prospects. And actually i think the lakers feel the same. They both seem to want picks in next years draft i wonder if they value 2018s class more than 2017.

LA wants to just move back because they have 0 draft picks next year and need picks to unload Mozgovs and Dengs contracts if they want to sign PG13.

eDush
06-17-2017, 06:16 PM

LA wants to just move back because they have 0 draft picks next year and need picks to unload Mozgovs and Dengs contracts if they want to sign PG13.Your just making wild assumptions about the Lakers when they signed both Deng and Moz last offseason for a reason....veteran experience to help ease the young players as they transition from old to young :nod:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 06:17 PM
That MCW was pushed by Kidds (...is he really the GM without the title?) so if you blame someone, it's him. Even I thought that was a dumb move and even more shock the Suns did it as they had IT at a relatively team friendly contract even before he become a star.

Lots of bad GM everywhere :nod:

Kidd had say over that draft of Vaughn. Our GM then Hammond which is with Orlando now he wanted Portis. Bucks have 3 billionaire owners. Lasry is close with Kidd. Our other owner Eden pushed out the Zanik assistant GM for this new guy Horst we don't know a thing about. Also Bucks owners did a coin flip first year to take turns to run the show. Lasry last season. Eden this season. Its a real mess.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Your just making wild assumptions about the Lakers when they signed both Deng and Moz last offseason for a reason....veteran experience to help ease the young players as they transition from old to young :nod:

Rode that veteran experience to a ****** record, sitting them for a month, and the #2 pick :nod:

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Kidd had say over that draft of Vaughn. Our GM then Hammond which is with Orlando now he wanted Portis. Bucks have 3 billionaire owners. Lasry is close with Kidd. Our other owner Eden pushed out the Zanik assistant GM for this new guy Horst we don't know a thing about. Also Bucks owners did a coin flip first year to take turns to run the show. Lasry last season. Eden this season. Its a real mess.

If ownership gets cleaned up or they stay out of it you guys could be in a good place.

That is one thing I will say about Harris and Co. Aside from the Okafor draft rumors, they have stayed out of it and let the people in charge do what they feel is right.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Your just making wild assumptions about the Lakers when they signed both Deng and Moz last offseason for a reason....veteran experience to help ease the young players as they transition from old to young :nod:

Deng and Mozgov contracts are putrid and pretty much worst in the league money wise. Lakers could of signed a ton of veteran players on vet minimum or 1 year deals to show the youth how to play.

eDush
06-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Man that sux...if I was the Bucks GM, I can turn them into the next Warriors as I have the blueprint on the type of players needed and can help identify 'special' players. I just need 5 years to make it happen :nod:

SfgiantsJD3
06-17-2017, 06:22 PM

How do 3 owners flip a coin to make one decision? What are the rules, odd man wins, flip till there is an odd?
Sounds like they should pick short straw or long straw.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:23 PM
Deng and Mozgov contracts are putrid and pretty much worst in the league money wise. Lakers could of signed a ton of veteran players on vet minimum or 1 year deals to show the youth how to play.

We did that with Henderson, Bayless, Sergio. Brought in Ilyasova for a stretch to help out Saric. It's seemed to all help out. Only one of them has guaranteed money past this year and it's only $8mil then $7 mil.

corky831
06-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Tatum might be the dark horse for the Cs at 3. I like him a lot as well. High character player who can score

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Man that sux...if I was the Bucks GM, I can turn them into the next Warriors as I have the blueprint on the type of players needed and can help identify 'special' players. I just need 5 years to make it happen :nod:

Bucks could of had your back court of both Curry and Klay. Bucks had the choice of Ellis or Curry for Bogut/Jackson trade. Back then Curry was injured and labeled glass ankles so we took Ellis to push for eighth seed or bust. Klay we could of taken if we didn't trade down from #10. We picked Jimmer for Kings and dumped bad contract of Salmons and we got that late pick from Charlotte which was Tobias Harris and Stephen Jackson. Bucks were high on Klay if the trade didn't follow through. So I guess all the Warriors fans could be thankful our meddling owner of the previous regime.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 06:31 PM
How do 3 owners flip a coin to make one decision? What are the rules, odd man wins, flip till there is an odd?
Sounds like they should pick short straw or long straw.

Third billionaire didn't buy in till months later. Jamie Dinan is the third billionaire.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 06:33 PM
We did that with Henderson, Bayless, Sergio. Brought in Ilyasova for a stretch to help out Saric. It's seemed to all help out. Only one of them has guaranteed money past this year and it's only $8mil then $7 mil.

Seems like bad luck. Bayless was injured like right away for you guys. Seems like every Buck traded or walked recently got injured for new team. Bayless, MCW and Plumlee.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:35 PM
Seems like bad luck. Bayless was injured like right away for you guys. Seems like every Buck traded or walked recently got injured for new team. Bayless, MCW and Plumlee.

Not sure what you mean by bad luck? Sure Bayless was injured, but he traveled with the team all year long, and the guys on the team talked about how much of a help he was.

Scoots
06-17-2017, 06:39 PM

Assets are assets.

warfelg
06-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Assets are assets.

Not to Ainge.