PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul Free Agency

Htownballa1622
06-16-2017, 09:24 AM
I figured there'd be a free agency thread but I found Paul's free agency interesting because it could signal another western team breaking up or running it back.

He's apparently going to meet with Spurs, Nuggets, Rockets, and of course his team the Clippers.
Any thoughts to where he goes or what he does? Is he just using the 3 teams to drive his price to supermax territory? He's used teams as leverage before. Thoughts about what happens and where he ends up?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19473922/san-antonio-spurs-exploring-free-agent-run-clippers-star-chris-paul

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-chris-paul-talk-spurs-204501368.html

https://theringer.com/nba-free-agency-chris-paul-houston-5cecc069ad2c

WaDe03
06-16-2017, 09:30 AM
Apparently Miami and the Lakers are on the list too.

Hayward and Griffin are on Miami and the Celtics lists.

Woj says the teams that could sign LeBron in free agency next year are Miami Lakers or Clippers.

Wade could be a free agent this year or wait until next.

Melo will be a free agent next year, possibly traded this year.

I feel some brotherhood forming is coming with a possible mixture of young all stars level players based on the same teams being interest in these guys. They know a superteam is needed. Alonzo Mourning said Pat Riley's plan to win 1 more ring before he retires is "going to be special."

Let's get Miami back to the promise land!

Htownballa1622
06-16-2017, 09:37 AM
Apparently Miami and the Lakers are on the list too.

Hayward and Griffin are on Miami and the Celtics lists.

Woj says the teams that could sign LeBron in free agency next year are Miami Lakers or Clippers.

Wade could be a free agent this year or wait until next.

Melo will be a free agent next year, possibly traded this year.

I feel some brotherhood forming is coming with a possible mixture of young all stars level players based on the same teams being interest in these guys. They know a superteam is needed. Alonzo Mourning said Pat Riley's plan to win 1 more ring before he retires is "going to be special."

Ah, ok. I didn't see Lakers or Heat but they are always in play.

Yeah, it's definitely interesting with Wade and Melo out there. Melo (if he waives his no trade clause) is interesting to join up wherever one of the others go.

I always thought Wade should go play 6th man for cavs but who knows if he'll decline that 23.8 milly he's owed to go play for money way less than that.

zn23
06-16-2017, 11:06 AM
According Tim Connelly, the GM for the Nuggets, a lot of agents have contacted him about their guy playing for the Nuggets. Main reason: They want to play with Jokic. I wouldn't be surprised if CP3 was blown away by the supreme skill set of Jokic and probably thought his guys, DeAndre and Blake, just don't have that level of talent.

tp13baby
06-16-2017, 02:47 PM
According Tim Connelly, the GM for the Nuggets, a lot of agents have contacted him about their guy playing for the Nuggets. Main reason: They want to play with Jokic. I wouldn't be surprised if CP3 was blown away by the supreme skill set of Jokic and probably thought his guys, DeAndre and Blake, just don't have that level of talent.

Denver has the money, although they are definitely behind the other 3 teams at this point. I don't think Denver is included for leverage anymore because of a promising roster with a star and 2 who are trending up very quickly, but the chances are probably ony above LAL.

LAC really are going nowhere and the past few years proves it.

Do you really think D'antoni and a average defense is going to advance further then they have? Its not a upgrade defensively over Bev and Harden is a better PG.

Spurs make the most sense but money wise they have a lot to figure out.

LAL are no where near competing.

Heat with Dragic it makes more sense for them to get a wing.

SfgiantsJD3
06-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Jerry West going to the clippers, if listened too will have a major positive affect on that team and how its run, that will affect a lot of these dominos.

tp13baby
06-16-2017, 03:25 PM
Jerry West going to the clippers, if listened too will have a major positive affect on that team and how its run, that will affect a lot of these dominos.

How are they going to do that? Seriously max contracts to Paul and Griffin make it impossible to upgrade that team with no draft picks.

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:39 PM
He's just taking offers so he can leverage his position with the Clippers and let them know they have to step it up. A Jokic+CP3 combo doesn't take you anywhere.

LA4life24/8
06-16-2017, 10:59 PM
The fhuckin nuggets? Lmao. Everyone uses the lakers to get leverage. Cp3 aint crossing locker rooms.

Only way he would is if bron told him to so they could team up there and that aint happenin either.

Spurs or clips for cp3. Period.

NYKnickFanatic
06-16-2017, 11:17 PM
I want CP3 on the Spurs.

tp13baby
06-17-2017, 12:41 AM
He's just taking offers so he can leverage his position with the Clippers and let them know they have to step it up. A Jokic+CP3 combo doesn't take you anywhere.

The fhuckin nuggets? Lmao. Everyone uses the lakers to get leverage. Cp3 aint crossing locker rooms.

Only way he would is if bron told him to so they could team up there and that aint happenin either.

Spurs or clips for cp3. Period.

No I agree the nuggets aren't a real option, but it's going to take one more year assuming we make the jump most of our young guys are expected to make to maybe steal not top free agents but second tiers.

Our GM made it well known a lot of agents say their client wants to play with Jokic. He is special and someone you want to play with. Wade was super impressed with us last year too and said we were a legit contender for him.

Heediot
06-17-2017, 07:31 AM
Cp3, Jokic combo would be a wet dream.

Heediot
06-17-2017, 07:35 AM

They have pieces for a third star. Cp3-PG/Butler-Jokic would be good. Cp3-Harris-PG/Jimmy-Rim Protector-Jokic would be better then the current Clippers. I say they could challenge the Spurs out west.

BKLYNpigeon
06-17-2017, 08:04 AM
CP3 just using other teams as Leverage for a Max Contract and No Trade Clause.

He's staying with the clippers. No way Jerry West let's him go.

cmellofan15
06-17-2017, 09:37 AM

Let's? Aren't you a Bulls fan LMAO

effen5
06-17-2017, 09:41 AM

He's a dwyane wade fan

Scoots
06-17-2017, 12:33 PM
The Warriors dominance could spur the resurgence of the East. If a could stars move east to find an "easier" path to the finals it could change the balance of power fairly quickly.

tp13baby
06-17-2017, 12:43 PM
CP3 just using other teams as Leverage for a Max Contract and No Trade Clause.

He's staying with the clippers. No way Jerry West let's him go.

It's been talked about. With no trade pieces, no draft picks and pretty much no cap, Joe do you convince him to stay. You almost have to have Griffin walk and bring in someone else like Gordon. Not sure that even makes them better.LAC are in trouble.

GoferKing_
06-17-2017, 12:55 PM

Nahh, he follows Wade.

WaDe03
06-17-2017, 03:28 PM

Nah I'm a Wade fan, will be back to Miami when he goes back or retires. The Bulls are a garbage organization.

sagemania
06-18-2017, 05:29 AM
Denver has the money, although they are definitely behind the other 3 teams at this point. I don't think Denver is included for leverage anymore because of a promising roster with a star and 2 who are trending up very quickly, but the chances are probably ony above LAL.

Do you really think D'antoni and a average defense is going to advance further then they have? Its not a upgrade defensively over Bev and Harden is a better PG.

Yep. Harden is younger and a much better point at this stage of Pauls career. The Rockets should be looking to get front court help. Their backcourt is filthy good with Harden, Gordon, Lou Williams and Beverley.

Scoots
06-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Yep. Harden is younger and a much better point at this stage of Pauls career. The Rockets should be looking to get front court help. Their backcourt is filthy good with Harden, Gordon, Lou Williams and Beverley.

They are not filthy good until they all TRY to play D.

KingPosey
06-18-2017, 10:44 AM

Wait what? Harden is a better pg than Chris Paul? That's news to the entire world. Hot takes flying

sagemania
06-18-2017, 11:12 AM
They are not filthy good until they all TRY to play D.

How ias Paul going to help in that regard?

rhino17
06-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Apparently Morey's masterplan is BOTH Paul and Hayward

But I don't want Paul anywhere near the rockets.

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 11:49 AM

By playing his elite level defense....

WaDe03
06-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Apparently Morey's masterplan is BOTH Paul and Hayward

But I don't want Paul anywhere near the rockets.

Where did you see this? I think you guys need an all star level perimeter player and an all star level big. Why don't you want Paul?

Scoots
06-18-2017, 12:09 PM

I didn't say he would.

At this point in their careers I doubt Harden and Williams get any better on D, they are past saving.