PDA

View Full Version : Paul George: "I'm a Pacer" - Plans to play out contract

Nikeman
06-15-2017, 09:37 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2715971-paul-george-says-he-plans-to-play-out-contract-with-pacers-despite-trade-rumors

I think what people don't realize, Paul George has all the cards in this situation. If he says I am not re-signing, no team will offer up significant assets for him.

The Pacers however, would be foolish to keep him and lose him for nothing like KD if he did bolt. Sticky situation at this point.

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2017, 09:40 PM
You gotta trade him if you're the Pacers.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2017, 10:04 PM
you dont have to trade him at all... You could easily sign another big time player and maybe thats enough to keep paul because the pacers then can offer him the most on top of him now being on a legit contender if they go out and get a top guy... Id trade him... The lakers fans think oh we should wait and sign him via free agency... I hope they wait but its moronic to think that because if the pacers do in fact trade him it will be to a contender... If he goes to the celtics he isnt leaving the celtics to go and be a bottom feeder yet again in a harder conference when he has said he is sick of doing just that as a pacer... you either trade for him now or you probably dont get him at all.

mavwar53
06-15-2017, 10:10 PM
Who is the last NBA player that didn't play out his contract because he was not a "pacer" "laker" "Celtic". Title of this thread is as stupid as "it is what it is", really? When is the last time someone said "it is what it isn't" and seriously meant it?

Did we really need Paul George to tell us he is a pacer? Where is the news?

smith&wesson
06-15-2017, 10:14 PM
He has no choice lol... whats he gonna do, not play?

Pacers HAVE to trade him.. they will regret not trading him the min he becomes a feee agent..

smith&wesson
06-15-2017, 10:16 PM
you dont have to trade him at all... You could easily sign another big time player and maybe thats enough to keep paul because the pacers then can offer him the most on top of him now being on a legit contender if they go out and get a top guy... Id trade him... The lakers fans think oh we should wait and sign him via free agency... I hope they wait but its moronic to think that because if the pacers do in fact trade him it will be to a contender... If he goes to the celtics he isnt leaving the celtics to go and be a bottom feeder yet again in a harder conference when he has said he is sick of doing just that as a pacer... you either trade for him now or you probably dont get him at all.

Like who ? Paul? Hayward? Why would they sign there knowing PG has 1 year left on his contract ?

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2017, 10:18 PM
He has no choice lol... whats he gonna do, not play? PG just saying the right things ... until the minite he can bolt. Pacers HAVE to trade him.. they will regret not trading him the min he becomes a feee agent..

Exactly, there's a few teams that would look good with PG. Cleveland, San Antonio, Bost, Wiz, LAC..

You have to make the move and get his bird rights. Pacers cannot risk losing PG for nothing, so trade him to the highest bidder.

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Like who ? Paul? Hayward? Why would they sign there knowing PG has 1 year left on his contract ?

Lol no one is signing in Indy...

smith&wesson
06-15-2017, 10:40 PM
Exactly, there's a few teams that would look good with PG. Cleveland, San Antonio, Bost, Wiz, LAC..

You have to make the move and get his bird rights. Pacers cannot risk losing PG for nothing, so trade him to the highest bidder.

The raptors risked it and lost Tmac in his prime.. Still haunts raptors fans old enough to remember.

Bird really screwed the Pacers by not taking that nets pick while he had the chance.. and now Bird dips and leaves that mess on somone elses lap.. what a db

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2017, 10:52 PM
The raptors risked it and lost Tmac in his prime.. Still haunts raptors fans old enough to remember.

Bird really screwed the Pacers by not taking that nets pick while he had the chance.. and now Bird dips and leaves that mess on somone elses lap.. what a db

It's happened quite often and Bird, just gave up and walked away.

bleedprple&gold
06-15-2017, 11:08 PM
So he's gonna play basketball with the team he's on because he's under contract and getting paid a lot of money? K already knew that...

FlashBolt
06-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Pacers don't have many options right now. How many teams are actually going to be able to contend as it is? Not many teams are going to consider trading for PG when he has a year left. So there really isn't any leverage for the Pacers. If no one is offering them much of anything, Cavs should scoop in for the kill by offering Kevin Love. Not only does this free up cap space to sign a better talent if PG does leave but you match up better against the Warriors. In this day and age, if you're a small market team, chances are they will leave if talks are already coming up. Westbrook resigned but it was more out of spite against Durant than him thinking he could win here.

Dade County
06-16-2017, 12:44 AM

What top player will the Pacers sign?

I don't believe any key free agent will be signing there this upcoming free agency (or the next).

Dade County
06-16-2017, 12:48 AM

How do you know if that wasn't on the Owner?

It's already been reported that the owner does not want to trade Paul George, he wants to keep him so he can sale the team.

Mave1002
06-16-2017, 02:52 AM
A Pacer till he becomes a Laker, of course.

IndyRealist
06-16-2017, 08:46 AM
How do you know if that wasn't on the Owner?

It's already been reported that the owner does not want to trade Paul George, he wants to keep him so he can sale the team.

Source other than Bill Simmons saying he thinks that's what's happening? Because Herb Simon has always said he's passing the team to his kids.

Simon, the longest-tenured NBA owner, said he has no plans of selling the Pacers or moving the team out of Indianapolis.
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2017/04/13/pacers-owner-seeking-major-renovations-bankers-life-fieldhouse/100439546/

Vee-Rex
06-16-2017, 11:17 AM
I'd take anything he or the organization says right now with a grain of salt.

February 2018 is a loooooong ways away and a lot can happen in that time. Once the trade deadline comes around the rumors will be going crazy, whether or not they are legit.

Nikeman
06-16-2017, 11:19 AM
I'd take anything he or the organization says right now with a grain of salt.

February 2018 is a loooooong ways away and a lot can happen in that time. Once the trade deadline comes around the rumors will be going crazy, whether or not they are legit.

If I am the Cavs, I want this done at the start of the season. Acquiring him mid way would really hurt chemistry and they may have more holes.

If they do the trade in the summer, they can focus on FA to try and fill some holes by getting a rebounding big man.

BKLYNpigeon
06-16-2017, 11:55 AM
No Superstar wants to play for the Pacers.

They have to trade PG for Players still under contract or for Draft picks.

Sure, they could probably get kevin Love, but the Pacer will run into the same problem in 2 years when he's a FA. I don't think Cavs will trade for PG unless he commits long term, and he won't commit unless Lebron commits.

lol, please
06-16-2017, 11:35 PM
Outstanding. Love loyalty like this. It's awesome as a fan when you know your core key players will stick around til the end.

cmellofan15
06-17-2017, 12:02 AM
^you are legitimately my favorite troll

Sly Guy
06-17-2017, 10:31 AM
I bet PG saying this makes all pacer fans totally comfortable.