PDA

View Full Version : If you're LBJ clips or lakers?

LA_1
06-15-2017, 02:58 PM
Which team would lebron want to go to most likely? If he were to leave Cleveland

TheDish87
06-15-2017, 02:59 PM
neither

valade16
06-15-2017, 03:02 PM
The only reason he'd pick the Clippers is if they had CP3, Blake, Jordan and Redick and the only way they'd have them is if they re-signed them all and went way over the cap to do so. Meaning there's no way they could add LeBron.

So the de-facto answer is the Lakers.

Big Zo
06-15-2017, 03:22 PM
Heat. He can fulfill his promise of 8 championships now.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-15-2017, 08:37 PM
If I'm LBJ, I'm staying. But it sounds like he wants to have the banana boat team, which LAC can provide.

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Not LAL.

NYKnickFanatic
06-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Cleveland.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2017, 09:25 PM
sixers... Trade Simmons and our top 3 pick this year and our lakers unprotected next year for butler.... Sign Lebron and CP3... Lebron/Embiid/Saric/Covington/CP3 ends the warriors... Holmes/TLC/TJ off the bench and you could still sign one more top name.

Kyben36
06-15-2017, 10:28 PM
clips if they can keep their core. but he should just stay in Cleveland. Lakers don't seem like an option to me
unless you think your getting better than kyrie at 2.

LA_1
06-15-2017, 11:02 PM
Griffin is injury prone, DJ is overrated and Paul is getting older, I don't think the clippers are as attractive as some people think

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 12:08 AM
sixers... Trade Simmons and our top 3 pick this year and our lakers unprotected next year for butler.... Sign Lebron and CP3... Lebron/Embiid/Saric/Covington/CP3 ends the warriors... Holmes/TLC/TJ off the bench and you could still sign one more top name.

Why would the agent of LeBron who also happens to be the agent of Simmons split them both up? It would probably make more sense to use Embiid as bait and trade him for LeBron because that makes more sense. And LeBron isn't going to risk his prime championship years on a guy who can't even play more than half the season on a back-to-back basis. Sorry, you love Embiid but that's more of a homer dream than reality lol..

Griffin is injury prone, DJ is overrated and Paul is getting older, I don't think the clippers are as attractive as some people think

I agree. Honestly, Griffin shouldn't even be resigned. The guy is ruining that franchise with all his injuries. Clippers also face two issues with Jamal and Austin's contract. Those two guys make up $26 million but they're not required pieces. Kinda pathetic how Austin gets paid that much.. daddy definitely helped him there. But looking at it, this season's moves will probably determine if LeBron does to the Clippers or not. You have to wonder if CP3 is going to be seeing if Doc can pull it off and make it work. If they sign Blake, I don't see why LeBron and the rest of the crew would go there. I don't know why LeBron would go to the Lakers, too.

Mave1002
06-16-2017, 02:53 AM
Not LAL.

+1

The_Franchise13
06-16-2017, 03:03 AM
Lebron wants to go thru Spurs and GSW before getting to finals? Doubt it.

I mean, I get it for his post career aspirations but...

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:04 AM
Lebron wants to go thru Spurs and GSW before getting to finals? Doubt it.

I mean, I get it for his post career aspirations but...

Why not? He wouldn't have his Finals record suffer any longer and if he does make it to the Finals, it's a guaranteed win vs Boston Celtics. So going to the West actually helps his cause.

The_Franchise13
06-16-2017, 03:10 AM
Best team Lebron can theoretically have 2018 on LAL?

Ball or Russell (One traded for Cousins in package)
George
Lebron
XXX
Cousins

Does that beat GS? Cousins would be an interesting dynamic vs. GSW. The sheer athleticism of Cousins and Lebron would be nice.

As a side note... Didn't want to start a thread for this, since it's random musings... But I kinda feel like one or both of Vince Carter or Zach Randolph signs with GS as the token ring chaser for 2018. Am I crazy?

hughest4
06-16-2017, 03:42 AM
I would definitely choose the Lakers, the team is full on young studs.

Ingram, Russell, Clarkson, Randle, #2 pick this year, and likely another lottery pick next year.
Add in LBJ and whatever other free agents want to come a long for the ride.
That team would have tons of potential. All of their young guys are good now, and they are bound to improve and mature over the next year or two.

da ThRONe
06-16-2017, 08:14 AM
Depending on if he can get with Paul and Griffin and work out the salary it has to be the Clips. The Lakers are too far away(not that they can't have a fire sale of all their assets to get better) and after bringing a Championship to the lowly Cavs he could reach Hero Status in LA doing the same for the Clips. Plus he's always wanted to play with Paul.

da ThRONe
06-16-2017, 08:16 AM
I would definitely choose the Lakers, the team is full on young studs.

Ingram, Russell, Clarkson, Randle, #2 pick this year, and likely another lottery pick next year.
Add in LBJ and whatever other free agents want to come a long for the ride.
That team would have tons of potential. All of their young guys are good now, and they are bound to improve and mature over the next year or two.

If he goes to.the Lakers I'd imagine they trade the young talent for established players. James isn't going to want to wait for Ingram, Russell, and a whatever player they draft this year to mature. He's trying to win titles.

TheDish87
06-16-2017, 08:52 AM
Best team Lebron can theoretically have 2018 on LAL?

Ball or Russell (One traded for Cousins in package)
George
Lebron
XXX
Cousins

Does that beat GS? Cousins would be an interesting dynamic vs. GSW. The sheer athleticism of Cousins and Lebron would be nice.

As a side note... Didn't want to start a thread for this, since it's random musings... But I kinda feel like one or both of Vince Carter or Zach Randolph signs with GS as the token ring chaser for 2018. Am I crazy?

you know there is this thing called the salary cap

WestCoastSportz
06-16-2017, 02:15 PM
If I were Lebron, I'd stay in Cleveland. Many professional athletes at some point of the careers, feel the need to play for their hometown team. Of course they want to play for a team they grew up routing for. You hear it with Paul George wanting to return to LA. Paul Pierce did it when he joined the Clippers. Marshawn Lynch retires then signs with his Oakland Raiders. Lebron would be the guy to leave his hometown...twice. If I were Lebron, I'd see if he can get those player in Cleveland. Why compete just to get to the Finals, when you can compete for a championship? Because the West goes through the Warriors. And to get to the Warriors, they may have to get through a team like the Spurs or the Rockets.

Big Zo
06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
If I were Lebron, I'd stay in Cleveland. Many professional athletes at some point of the careers, feel the need to play for their hometown team. Of course they want to play for a team they grew up routing for. You hear it with Paul George wanting to return to LA. Paul Pierce did it when he joined the Clippers. Marshawn Lynch retires then signs with his Oakland Raiders. Lebron would be the guy to leave his hometown...twice. If I were Lebron, I'd see if he can get those player in Cleveland. Why compete just to get to the Finals, when you can compete for a championship? Because the West goes through the Warriors. And to get to the Warriors, they may have to get through a team like the Spurs or the Rockets.

LeBron never cared about his hometeams growing up. He was/is a Bulls, Cowboys, and Yankees fan. He also used to point out that he was from Akron, and not Cleveland.