PDA

View Full Version : Jerry West to Clippers

SfgiantsJD3
06-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Jerry West will take an Advisor roll with the Clipper like he has with the Warriors

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/14/jerry-west-leaving-warriors-for-los-angeles-clippers

He was instrumental in the Warriors accession, I wonder an he do the same for the Clippers?
GL Jerry

Bostonjorge
06-15-2017, 01:06 PM
West has done good everywhere. Clippers getting a game changer.

TrueFan420
06-15-2017, 01:08 PM
He will be missed.

TrueFan420
06-15-2017, 01:08 PM
West has done good everywhere. Clippers getting a game changer.

They are he's been basketball gold for a whole now

DW3421
06-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Best in the Biz!

likemystylez
06-15-2017, 02:41 PM
He will be missed.

Clippers are a rival of the warriors too. Still though- My guess is that the warriors fans and organization will show a lot more class during this transition then the thunder fans showed when KD left.

I don't think we will be insulting jerry west during clippers warriors games, I don't think we will call him soft or anything. I think the majority of warriors fans will just appreciate what he brought to the table when he was here.

Its all about class

SfgiantsJD3
06-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Clippers are a rival of the warriors too. Still though- My guess is that the warriors fans and organization will show a lot more class during this transition then the thunder fans showed when KD left.

I don't think we will be insulting jerry west during clippers warriors games, I don't think we will call him soft or anything. I think the majority of warriors fans will just appreciate what he brought to the table when he was here.

Its all about class

He is 79 and tired of the commute among other things, he also put the whole team and front office in a good position to continue. He was the one that wanted to keep Klay over Love. Plus he is very involved in the draft.
They wee wondering on the radio if that's enough to get LeBron to bolt to the Clippers after next year.

Saddletramp
06-15-2017, 04:08 PM

Its all about class

Lol, one is his team's top player and the other is an advisor (not to take anything away from West, but cmon....). Also, West's job is done. The team is together, not much more to do. To compare that to a team's best player who left when KD did is laughable. You just don't understand a lot of basic concepts, do you?

Saddletramp
06-15-2017, 04:19 PM
I'll go even further because that was such a ludicrous comment. Imagine Durant is at the tail end of his career (West is 79 so he's probably close to done) and helped the Thunder win a couple of recent titles and still had the team as the huge favorites going forward for the next few years and then says that he wants to play his last few years for the Wizards because Washington is home and he wants to be near family and this is where he'll retire anyway so he's ready for the change.

Do you think anyone would be pissed about that? And that's if he's a player not a consultant.

Saddletramp
06-15-2017, 04:20 PM
warriors still respect guys like Chris Mullin who requested a trade to the pacers. warriors fans don't bash their players like the thunder fans did to KD. Even Gilbert Arenas wasn't booed like that.
Are you really comparing KD and what he was doing in OKC to Mullin and Gilbert ****ing Arenas?

I'd rather lack class than lack a brain.

likemystylez
06-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Lol, one is his team's top player and the other is an advisor (not to take anything away from West, but cmon....). Also, West's job is done. The team is together, not much more to do. To compare that to a team's best player who left when KD did is laughable. You just don't understand a lot of basic concepts, do you?

warriors still respect guys like Chris Mullin who requested a trade to the pacers. warriors fans don't bash their players like the thunder fans did to KD. Even Gilbert Arenas wasn't booed like that.

hugepatsfan
He's still more competitive than the players in this league lol

Nice to see him take on a challenge. Best of luck!

Saddletramp
He's still more competitive than the players in this league lol

Nice to see him take on a challenge. Best of luck!

Lol, exactly. Although, it woulda been nice to see him do his thing in Phoenix or Orlando or somewhere but I get that he wants to stay close to his home in his twilight years.

TrueFan420
06-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Wonder if this mean Doc finally realized he sucks as a GM and needs a better mind to come in and help

Saddletramp
06-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Wonder if this mean Doc finally realized he sucks as a GM and needs a better mind to come in and help

I imagine it's Ballmer that realizes it. Couple that with West probably calling to kick the tires.

likemystylez
06-15-2017, 05:00 PM

someone above doc might have came to that conclusion

Chronz
06-15-2017, 05:43 PM
This only matters if Doc takes a step down in a huge way

FOXHOUND
06-15-2017, 05:56 PM
This is great news for the Clippers. Jerry West is the best basketball mind in NBA history, any involvement from him is a blessing.

Chronz
06-15-2017, 06:55 PM
I used to love West, I think I still do, I just hope working with the Warriors hasn't tainted him.

BKLYNpigeon
06-15-2017, 06:59 PM

Its all about class

Naw, he only joined a 51 Win Team.

likemystylez
06-15-2017, 09:06 PM

with any luck, it will mean doc takes a step out the back door. the guy is trash and he proved that with orlando, and with the celtics before 2007.

mrblisterdundee
06-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Its all about class

So let me get this straight. You're seriously comparing:
A basketball adviser in his 70s leaving a franchise with 55 years and three championships in its current city, including two of the six years he's been with the organization and with several more likely in the near future, for a team that only became relevant in the 2010s but has no championships in the past 33 years in its current city.
An MVP candidate in his prime leaving a franchise with nine years and zero championships in its current city, with one star and no hope of winning a championship any time in the near future, for the aforementioned franchise that just beat him.
:rolleyes:
Let's say the Thunder beat the Warriors last year; Curry's contract was up; and he leaves to form a super team with Durant and Westbrook in Oklahoma. That's a fairer comparison, and Warriors fans would have b!tched like crazy if it happened.

Edit: Also, the Warriors never won that championship in 2015. And Klay is the only star left on the Warriors when Curry leaves no Draymond.

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 12:00 AM

Like Thunder fans did? Yeah, we were damn disappointed that our best player played like chump and then proceeds to join a team that we felt we could beat if we kept the same roster. We had a chance to beat them but KD failed. And you're comparing Chris Mullin in a day when social media didn't exist to Kevin Durant - who was a top 2-5 player in the NBA in a social media driven era? And comparing Jerry West at age 70 to Kevin Durant? Why not compare your grandma to LeBron James? Lmao, give me a break. No one says anything negative about West because quite frankly, to the casual fan, no one cares about him. I'm putting it bluntly, no one knows the guy outside of the deep NBA community. Probably half the casual fans wouldn't even know he was the NBA silhouette. But yeah, your attempt to try and compare OKC's fanbase as degenerates to the Warriors is laughable. Many of the Warriors fans are like the Heat fans from years ago.

Cracka2HI!
06-16-2017, 12:46 AM
Yesterday was a good day for the Clippers. Their own arena in 7-10 years and Jerry West. I'm not sure what West can really do for The Clippers. He doesn't help the no tradeable assets problem. I'm certainly more hopeful for the future than I was 2 days ago. I have to imagine Doc's not going to be pulling the strings anymore. There is a rumor that Jerry's son is coming with him and will eventually take over as GM. The Lakers and specifically Magic Johnson were taking some heat for not bringing West back. They were saying Magic didn't want someone coming in that might question his authoritiiiiii. They were also saying West would be a perfect mentor for Magic and Pelinka. I'm not sure if West wanted to go back though.

TrueFan420
06-16-2017, 12:54 AM
I imagine it's Ballmer that realizes it. Couple that with West probably calling to kick the tires.

Either way of their smart they will listen to him. West was huge in building our team.

TrueFan420
06-16-2017, 12:56 AM
someone above doc might have came to that conclusion

Next step should be to fire Doc

lol, please
06-16-2017, 02:59 AM
I heard rumors over the last few months but wow.

I'm still speechless.

:sad2: I'd give Curry for West back. srs.

lol, please
06-16-2017, 03:29 AM

Its all about class

Hard to take you seriously when you say ridiculous things like this. The Clippers have never been our rivals. Ever. Lakers and Rockets are rivals waaaaaay before the Clippers are. YOU might get up for those games. Most don't.

TrueFan420
06-16-2017, 10:25 AM
Hard to take you seriously when you say ridiculous things like this. The Clippers have never been our rivals. Ever. Lakers and Rockets are rivals waaaaaay before the Clippers are. YOU might get up for those games. Most don't.

There was that stretch years of bad blood with the clippers back when Mark Jackson was our coach.

Saddletramp
06-16-2017, 05:50 PM
It's funny, Clippers are more of a rival than the Rockets for them. But hey, the only reason LOL ever brings up the Rockets is just to troll.

Cracka2HI!
06-16-2017, 09:25 PM

If you're not trolling then I completely disagree. The Clippers didn't hold up their end of the bargain but Clippers/Warriors was the hottest rivalry in the league while both teams were coming up. Even now the Warriors LOVE humiliating The Clippers. The 1st game of preseason ring a bell? It's also been a rivalry for many years due to how bad both teams sucked. I guess you don't remember the epic race for the 8 seed back in 1997. Just because you are better than everyone doesn't mean your rivalries go away. Wouldn't The Lakers not consider Golden State a rival by your standards?

eDush
06-16-2017, 10:17 PM

with any luck, it will mean doc takes a step out the back door. the guy is trash and he proved that with orlando, and with the celtics before 2007.
You have a problem with calling well respected coaches as trash but you probably think highly of his former owner in Sterling :facepalm:

Saddletramp
06-16-2017, 10:56 PM
If you're not trolling then I completely disagree. The Clippers didn't hold up their end of the bargain but Clippers/Warriors was the hottest rivalry in the league while both teams were coming up. Even now the Warriors LOVE humiliating The Clippers. The 1st game of preseason ring a bell? It's also been a rivalry for many years due to how bad both teams sucked. I guess you don't remember the epic race for the 8 seed back in 1997. Just because you are better than everyone doesn't mean your rivalries go away. Wouldn't The Lakers not consider Golden State a rival by your standards?

Saying that he wasn't a fan since a few years ago, no, he wouldn't remember that.

lol, please
06-16-2017, 11:34 PM

Hottest rivalry in the league?

:laugh2:

wow.

Never has there been a rivalry. You don't really know what a rivalry is if you think that was a rivalry.

Scoots
06-17-2017, 09:13 AM

lol ... hard to take YOU seriously when you say ridiculous things like this: "I'd give Curry for West back"

Stop trolling man.

cmellofan15
06-17-2017, 09:33 AM
Hottest rivalry in the league?

:laugh2:

wow.

Never has there been a rivalry. You don't really know what a rivalry is if you think that was a rivalry.

Well in his defense you were a laker "fan" up until 2015

SfgiantsJD3
06-17-2017, 12:29 PM
excellent read / interview
http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-jerry-west-20170615-story.html

Scoots
06-17-2017, 01:33 PM
West is arrogant but generally in a good way. I wonder what this loss and the loss of the Warriors asst GM is going to do to their talent evaluation abilities because they have been spectacularly good up to now.

SfgiantsJD3
06-17-2017, 03:22 PM
West is arrogant but generally in a good way. I wonder what this loss and the loss of the Warriors asst GM is going to do to their talent evaluation abilities because they have been spectacularly good up to now.

Ray Ratto quoted someone as saying West could evaluate talent from a train window. He is unique, he also feels like he has done his job at GS and its time to move on. I don't think he would leave if he felt they still needed him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Even if West is gold. What can he do with the Clippers? Capped out. Yeah Clippers rumored at trade deadline to make a push for Melo. I could see that again maybe. But even then I doubt they do anything even with Melo. CP3 pending free agency. Even though if he left, he'd be leaving a ton on the table. Blake could bolt down the line as well. Clippers are a treadmill team. Excellent regular season team them slip away in the playoffs or get freak injuries then as well. If I was West i'd trade all the Clippers stars and start over. Should of dealt CP3 at the trade deadline for a haul.

Scoots
06-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Even if West is gold. What can he do with the Clippers? Capped out. Yeah Clippers rumored at trade deadline to make a push for Melo. I could see that again maybe. But even then I doubt they do anything even with Melo. CP3 pending free agency. Even though if he left, he'd be leaving a ton on the table. Blake could bolt down the line as well. Clippers are a treadmill team. Excellent regular season team them slip away in the playoffs or get freak injuries then as well. If I was West i'd trade all the Clippers stars and start over. Should of dealt CP3 at the trade deadline for a haul.

They won't be capped out if West tells the owner that CP3, Griffin, and Reddick are not worth it.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2017, 08:16 PM
If he had made this move ahead of of CP3 coming in, I feel like the Clippers would have already won an NBA title, even in an 'advisory' role.

goingfor28
06-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Hard to take you seriously every time you post

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chronz
06-17-2017, 09:49 PM
If he had made this move ahead of of CP3 coming in, I feel like the Clippers would have already won an NBA title, even in an 'advisory' role.

My gawd, I stay up late nights thinking about what we could've done had someone other than Doc been calling the shots.

Chronz
06-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Hard to take you seriously every time you post

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why are you fighting an uphill battle, just take lol,plz in stride and accept him for what he is. An overachiever of the highest order of trolling, truly unique and PSD should cherish him. I will always love him for this one post:

Disgree with both of you. The Splash Bros will retire both as Warriors, like Kobe did a Laker.

lol @ "they don't need Klay". We didn't need Durant either.

A Dubs fan with some levity is very refreshing

Chronz
06-17-2017, 09:53 PM
They won't be capped out if West tells the owner that CP3, Griffin, and Reddick are not worth it.

If a rebuild happens Im glad he's here but there is about a zero% chance of an owner saying players of that magnitude aren't worth it. Its a sad state in the NBA when we've reached the point where perennial 50 win teams decide its over. We may as well cut the bull ****, start a new league and let the warriors play in their NBA.

Scoots
06-18-2017, 12:02 AM
If a rebuild happens Im glad he's here but there is about a zero% chance of an owner saying players of that magnitude aren't worth it. Its a sad state in the NBA when we've reached the point where perennial 50 win teams decide its over. We may as well cut the bull ****, start a new league and let the warriors play in their NBA.

It's not the Warriors doing it, it's the era of the "max contract" ... now every player who is considered a critical contributor feels they are due that max contract, and it's an easy target for free agents to seek. DJ first, then CP3 and Griffin ... heck JJ might get $20M ... that makes the roster essentially set and very little way to improve. If you can't improve keeping last years guys for another 4 years why keep doing the same thing and expect the result to change?

If they brought everyone back, then I hope West is loudly suggesting replacing the Coach and the GM. You have to change one side or the other.

Chronz
06-18-2017, 12:56 AM
It's not the Warriors doing it, it's the era of the "max contract" ... now every player who is considered a critical contributor feels they are due that max contract, and it's an easy target for free agents to seek. DJ first, then CP3 and Griffin ... heck JJ might get $20M ... that makes the roster essentially set and very little way to improve. If you can't improve keeping last years guys for another 4 years why keep doing the same thing and expect the result to change?

If they brought everyone back, then I hope West is loudly suggesting replacing the Coach and the GM. You have to change one side or the other.
Thats how the game has operated for awhile, I dont have a gripe with the system unless you want to abolish the cap entirely and allow a guy like Bron to earn what hes rightfully due, thats the only system I would favor. And yeah I would run it back until you get lucky with those "little ways of improvement" or the opposition gets hurt. Much better than just blowing up a perennial 50 win squad thats for sure.

I would love for Doc to be gone but Im not seeing your argument there either. After all the **** hes gone throught I fully trust West to have taken a job he was comfortable working with the guys already in place. If hes up for a bigger role then I would love to see him run Doc out of the F.O.

Scoots
06-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Thats how the game has operated for awhile, I dont have a gripe with the system unless you want to abolish the cap entirely and allow a guy like Bron to earn what hes rightfully due, thats the only system I would favor. And yeah I would run it back until you get lucky with those "little ways of improvement" or the opposition gets hurt. Much better than just blowing up a perennial 50 win squad thats for sure.

I would love for Doc to be gone but Im not seeing your argument there either. After all the **** hes gone throught I fully trust West to have taken a job he was comfortable working with the guys already in place. If hes up for a bigger role then I would love to see him run Doc out of the F.O.

I don't know ... to me if you are looking at a roster where you are going to hand out the last prime contracts to the entire core and they were getting owned by the top team and losing in the playoffs to lesser teams ... I'm all for stability and coaching to develop the players you have, but the Clippers don't have those young players to develop anymore. The 76ers tank was a response to LeBron, and in a couple years they may be really good ... and their 6 year journey of bad may end up being faster than if the Clippers just stay the course and watch the roster rot.

West would happily take a job where he doesn't like anybody he's working with if the owner listens to him. West couldn't stand Mark Jackson and the Warriors GM had never been a GM before. West looked around and said loudly and frequently what needed to change. The man likes conflict which is a reason he left the Warriors ... he was bored.

Chronz
06-19-2017, 09:26 AM
I don't know ... to me if you are looking at a roster where you are going to hand out the last prime contracts to the entire core and they were getting owned by the top team and losing in the playoffs to lesser teams ...
Meh, not buying it, Clips have always overachieved, the only gripe would be the health. As for their record breakdown, again they are a perennial 50 win team so whatever you think vs whatever arbitrary grouping you choose (yes its arbitrary if you've examined the historical records) is irrelevant. What matters is that the guys they are choosing to retain comprise of a CORE that is ELITE. Its the supporting cast around them that has been the problem, you dont blow it up because you've been unable to land the peripheral pieces when the stars are the hardest to acquire in the first place. You look to trade JJ asap tho, just cuz I think they need the length but if he leaves then yeah the team should prolly look at a firesale by the deadline. One thing for sure is you dont just let assets fly out the window, especially when you've been this good for so long with just running it back.

I'm all for stability and coaching to develop the players you have, but the Clippers don't have those young players to develop anymore.
Hence why Im focusing on the stability and other ways of improvement. The draft has been all but jettisoned under the Rivers regime, Im hoping thats where Jerry can help the most but its a different talent to find diamonds in the rough.

The 76ers tank was a response to LeBron, and in a couple years they may be really good ... and their 6 year journey of bad may end up being faster than if the Clippers just stay the course and watch the roster rot.

I disagree, it was a response to their many years of failed trades (some through little fault of their own, ****ing Bynum for example) and many other treadmill seasons where they struggle to make the playoffs, theirs was a much easier tank job to swallow. Their future can go a variety of ways from here, thats kind of why each team has to figure out its own path. The Clips would be utterly foolish to dismantle this team, both because of the quality of the unit/players and because of how barren their cupboard of future picks are at present. This is easily the worst time to tank unless Blake/CP ditch the squad.

West would happily take a job where he doesn't like anybody he's working with if the owner listens to him. West couldn't stand Mark Jackson and the Warriors GM had never been a GM before. West looked around and said loudly and frequently what needed to change. The man likes conflict which is a reason he left the Warriors ... he was bored.
Doesn't sound like West from the LA days thats for sure, by your account it seemed like he got what he wanted and stayed. In LA he had no chance vs Phil, all he wanted was to be a small presence and Phil wouldn't have it, so he left as a result. I heard he left because he wanted to be HOME. Home is where the heart is man

Scoots
06-19-2017, 09:58 AM
Meh, not buying it, Clips have always overachieved, the only gripe would be the health. As for their record breakdown, again they are a perennial 50 win team so whatever you think vs whatever arbitrary grouping you choose (yes its arbitrary if you've examined the historical records) is irrelevant. What matters is that the guys they are choosing to retain comprise of a CORE that is ELITE. Its the supporting cast around them that has been the problem, you dont blow it up because you've been unable to land the peripheral pieces when the stars are the hardest to acquire in the first place. You look to trade JJ asap tho, just cuz I think they need the length but if he leaves then yeah the team should prolly look at a firesale by the deadline. One thing for sure is you dont just let assets fly out the window, especially when you've been this good for so long with just running it back.

Hence why Im focusing on the stability and other ways of improvement. The draft has been all but jettisoned under the Rivers regime, Im hoping thats where Jerry can help the most but its a different talent to find diamonds in the rough.

I disagree, it was a response to their many years of failed trades (some through little fault of their own, ****ing Bynum for example) and many other treadmill seasons where they struggle to make the playoffs, theirs was a much easier tank job to swallow. Their future can go a variety of ways from here, thats kind of why each team has to figure out its own path. The Clips would be utterly foolish to dismantle this team, both because of the quality of the unit/players and because of how barren their cupboard of future picks are at present. This is easily the worst time to tank unless Blake/CP ditch the squad.

Doesn't sound like West from the LA days thats for sure, by your account it seemed like he got what he wanted and stayed. In LA he had no chance vs Phil, all he wanted was to be a small presence and Phil wouldn't have it, so he left as a result. I heard he left because he wanted to be HOME. Home is where the heart is man

The Clippers have NOT always overachieved ... for most of my life they have been owned by Sterling and wildly underachieved their talent. If their core is elite how are they overachieving? Wouldn't an overachieving elite core be able to make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs?

The 76ers tanked because they were stuck in the middle and their roster was static because they overpaid to keep players that didn't work together and had traded away too many draft picks, but they kept trying to reset the roster by trade and by free agency and it became evident that they were not going to be able to improve the team enough to win it all, i.e. beat LeBron. But yes, F Bynum, and it was an easier tank job to swallow (Although my guess is most NBA fans don't realize how often and how recently the 76ers were in the playoffs), but the Clippers are in a similar situation where their next decisions decide the team for the next 4 years, and not many people see a way to significantly turn their fortunes even if the Warriors were not in their division.

Have you read West's book? He doesn't like to feel comfortable. He wants a challenge, and the Clippers organization is a challenge (and a little up yours to the Lakers). If Balmer is listening to Jerry that's all Jerry needs, he couldn't care less about the rest of the organization because he figures that's where he can help.

richiesaurus310
06-19-2017, 08:40 PM
As a Clippers fan I really do hope we blow it up this offseason. This team just can't get over the hump. And Chris Paul at 32 won't be worth Super max money 4-5 years from now. The only way I don't blow it up is if somehow Deandre could be flipped for someone like Paul George, which isn't happening.

We need to let Jerry West do his thing in the draft. That's what he's great at. Unfortunately Doc traded our 2017 and 2019 firsts, so we need to acquire picks. Let the Warriors tear up the West for the next 3-4 years while we rebuild. Then we can have a nice young ascending contender going into our new Inglewood stadium in 2024.

1. Let Paul, Griffin, and Redick walk. If we can receive picks in return via a sign and trade for Paul/Griffin then great. Either way just let them go so we can tank and have a top pick for 2018.

2. Trade Deandre Jordan for picks. This can happen if we take back undesirable contracts. Something like to the Knicks for 2018 1st, 2019 1st, and Joakim Noah. Or to the Lakers for 2019 1st, Luol Deng, Timofey Mozgof, and a young player. Jordan would be valuable to someone, especially if horrible contracts are getting shipped out.

3. Sign short term deals with veterans to fill out the roster. Max 2-3 years. Players like Derrick Rose, Danilo Gallinari, and Zack Randolph for example could be easily had with our new cap space. Just names to put butts in the seats, but really should lead to few wins.

This would give Jerry West the picks to rebuild this team for the next 3-4 years. Doc may not like this and could leave which in my opinion is still better than consistently winning 50 games and not making it at least to the Conference Finals every year.

Scoots
06-19-2017, 11:47 PM
As a Clippers fan I really do hope we blow it up this offseason. This team just can't get over the hump. And Chris Paul at 32 won't be worth Super max money 4-5 years from now. The only way I don't blow it up is if somehow Deandre could be flipped for someone like Paul George, which isn't happening.

We need to let Jerry West do his thing in the draft. That's what he's great at. Unfortunately Doc traded our 2017 and 2019 firsts, so we need to acquire picks. Let the Warriors tear up the West for the next 3-4 years while we rebuild. Then we can have a nice young ascending contender going into our new Inglewood stadium in 2024.

1. Let Paul, Griffin, and Redick walk. If we can receive picks in return via a sign and trade for Paul/Griffin then great. Either way just let them go so we can tank and have a top pick for 2018.

2. Trade Deandre Jordan for picks. This can happen if we take back undesirable contracts. Something like to the Knicks for 2018 1st, 2019 1st, and Joakim Noah. Or to the Lakers for 2019 1st, Luol Deng, Timofey Mozgof, and a young player. Jordan would be valuable to someone, especially if horrible contracts are getting shipped out.

3. Sign short term deals with veterans to fill out the roster. Max 2-3 years. Players like Derrick Rose, Danilo Gallinari, and Zack Randolph for example could be easily had with our new cap space. Just names to put butts in the seats, but really should lead to few wins.

This would give Jerry West the picks to rebuild this team for the next 3-4 years. Doc may not like this and could leave which in my opinion is still better than consistently winning 50 games and not making it at least to the Conference Finals every year.

All of that is fine, but I doubt Gallinari is going to sign a 2 or 3 year deal.

mightybosstone
06-19-2017, 11:49 PM

Its all about class

In what world are those comparable situations? You're delusional if you think these circumstances are remotely similar.