PDA

View Full Version : Will Cavs fans be angry if Lebron leaves?

BKLYNpigeon
06-15-2017, 10:58 AM
I was watching The Jump, They showed a 2015 interview with Rachel Nichols and Lebron, he said he's finishing his career with Cleveland.

A lot of talk with Lebron leaving now, it's a possibility with his free agency coming up next year. Should Cavs fans be angry about this again?

IndyRealist
06-15-2017, 11:12 AM
It's just speculation. Not even rumors.

teddygreen17
06-15-2017, 11:24 AM
They shouldn't be. He did his job and has been doing it. What else you want the man to do. He is an individual. If he wants to team with CP3, Wade, and Melo on the Lakers in 2 years he should. Play with your friends.

Not a big fan of "the decision" but you want to do it outside of your prime and have fun, more power to you.

lol, please
06-15-2017, 11:42 AM
disgunbegood.gif

Big Zo
06-15-2017, 11:52 AM
Of course they will. That city's entire economy is based on LeBron.

da ThRONe
06-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Yes just not like last time. One he gave them a title two their use to it.

LA4life24/8
06-15-2017, 12:06 PM
They will be, but shouldn't be nearly as mad as the first time. He did what no other player in a cleveland (any sport) jersey has done since what, the 60s? He brought em a chip. They should be greatful. Let the man do whats best for him now. He doesnt owe them anything else. I mean he does a lot of stuff for that city (outside of basketball) already.

Just don't do the decision 3.0 bron. I think the way he did that show and stuff was a big part of the problem anyway

PC
06-15-2017, 12:08 PM
I think that would make his coming home letter pretty disingenuous, but he's absolutely free to do whatever he wants.

Sofnr
06-15-2017, 12:09 PM
I'm sure there will still be some anger when he leaves but not near as much as last time. He did finally bring them a title. I don't think most will hate him this time.

DW3421
06-15-2017, 01:06 PM
yes

Vee-Rex
06-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Eh, not nearly to the extent of the first time.

Every person I talk to in Cleveland believe that he'd be killing his legacy if he left again, and while people wouldn't be happy they truly don't care as much. We got our ring and celebration and it was glorious.

As the championship window starts closing for the Cavs I honestly think more people will be focused on the Indians and Browns, since all signs point that the Browns will be a stronger team in the years following LeBron's retirement.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-15-2017, 01:13 PM
I don't see him leaving Cleveland ever again

AllBall
06-15-2017, 02:36 PM
The norm is for players in the Top 5 to move during free agency now. Don't see how it'd hurt him. He already got them a championship. If he keeps making the finals wherever he goes and wins some more championships, it won't matter. Winning cures all.

Chronz
06-15-2017, 06:39 PM
I think Bron knows he can ride off into the sunset with Cleveland knowing his legacy will always be that KD had to join a historic core just to beat him. There is no move he can make (thanks in part to his own CBA oriented pursuits) that will give him anything close to resembling the talent GS has accumulated, so why not just stay in Cleveland and rack up the stats/finals?

LA_Raiders
06-16-2017, 12:32 AM
He will go to Boston or Wizards; he will always stay in the Easy.

JAZZNC
06-16-2017, 12:40 AM
Is the sun hot? Is the sky blue? Is a fat baby heavy?

LOb0
06-16-2017, 02:03 AM
Disappointed, not angry. Bron did what he said he was going to do. Fans will love him forever now.

IKnowHoops
06-16-2017, 03:15 AM
As a Bron fan, I don't really care where he plays. I'd cheer for him anywhere. As a spurs and wolves fan, it would be extra sick if somehow he ended up at one of those two teams next year.

FOXHOUND
06-16-2017, 03:23 AM
I think that would make his coming home letter pretty disingenuous, but he's absolutely free to do whatever he wants.

This is really the only issue for him. I don't really mind him leaving, but that's because I already view that as being phony and get his mindset when it comes to free agency. I don't think further cementing himself as a team hopper would be a good look for his legacy, but his work on the court is already cemented.

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:25 AM
This is really the only issue for him. I don't really mind him leaving, but that's because I already view that as being phony and get his mindset when it comes to free agency. I don't think further cementing himself as a team hopper would be a good look for his legacy, but his work on the court is already cemented.

Current LeBron's Finals record: 3-5

LeBron Finals Record 3-8.

or:

LeBron leaves Cavs, new superteam, Finals Record: 5-6.

Which do you think is worse?

Bostonjorge
06-16-2017, 03:37 AM
Cavs fans would me mad but cheer him still in secret. Most Cavs fans are actually James fans so they don't mind either way.

Now if James leaves Cleveland it's different this time around. When he left Cleveland the first time he became the leagues best in Miami. Then when he left Miami back to Cleveland he was still the best player in the league. Clearly he's not the best player in the league anymore and he's older now. Nothing wrong with the 5th best player in the league moving teams.

JAZZNC
06-16-2017, 04:44 AM
Cavs fans would me mad but cheer him still in secret. Most Cavs fans are actually James fans so they don't mind either way.

Now if James leaves Cleveland it's different this time around. When he left Cleveland the first time he became the leagues best in Miami. Then when he left Miami back to Cleveland he was still the best player in the league. Clearly he's not the best player in the league anymore and he's older now. Nothing wrong with the 5th best player in the league moving teams.

God man, you're such a hater. It's actually just plain pathetic. He's still the best player in the league. Simple as that. You have to have one sad, miserable excuse of a life to do nothing but post hate on the best player in the game. You literally bring zero value with any of your posts, just constantly trying to marginalize/hate on the guy. Absolutely pathetic.

burtgummer
06-16-2017, 04:53 AM
The Bron Bron fan boys will just switch teams like they've done before

mikekhelxD
06-16-2017, 06:51 AM
I don't think they will like how it happened before. The man gave the city a championship and 3 finals since he got back. If he wants to leave, he should be able to without being crucify. If he wants to go to a different market to further increase his endorsement portfolio, he should. Although i don't know how much he can get by moving to a larger market as his brand is basically global anyway. Nonetheless, as long as he doesn't do another "I'll take my talents to whatever beach," he should be fine. Only if the Clippers pull out of their lease and have an arena built by the time LeBron becomes a free agent, that will be a good move in regards to potential financial gain.

FOXHOUND
06-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Current LeBron's Finals record: 3-5

LeBron Finals Record 3-8.

or:

LeBron leaves Cavs, new superteam, Finals Record: 5-6.

Which do you think is worse?

Really depends on the circumstances, but yes in general winning is always better. We don't know what this hypothetical team is or where, we don't know how he is playing, etc. He really doesn't need to prove anything else more on the court though, so I think he's fine either way.

As long as he plays great individually, he's not going to hurt his legacy even if he does lose in the next 2-3 Finals. If he went to form a new super team and still lost then I think that would look far worse. The only stuff left for him to do is keep climbing the all-time leader boards. Passing Kareem in scoring? He can do it in 4-5 seasons and in the process would finish very high in assists and steals as well as rebounds for a perimeter player. He's two All-NBA teams away from tying Kareem, Kobe and Duncan for 1st all-time, he's got at least 3 more in him as he's still making 1st teams now. He's already tied for 1st in 1st teams, so one more will do the trick if he can stay above Kawhi and Durant for another year.

He has the built in excuse that "Golden State is too strong to lose", so I don't think the majority of people will really hold any Finals losses to them over him in general as long as he himself performs.

Bostonjorge
06-16-2017, 03:49 PM
God man, you're such a hater. It's actually just plain pathetic. He's still the best player in the league. Simple as that. You have to have one sad, miserable excuse of a life to do nothing but post hate on the best player in the game. You literally bring zero value with any of your posts, just constantly trying to marginalize/hate on the guy. Absolutely pathetic.

Clearly I said I have no problem with James leaving Cleveland.

daleja424
06-18-2017, 09:55 PM
I mean... the man needs more help. Those Dubs are scary good. And there just aren't elite players banging at the door to play in Cleveland. I think it would be reasonable for him to move on now that he brought a title to Cleveland. I don't think he will leave, but how could you blame him if he did?

goingfor28
06-18-2017, 10:00 PM
:clap:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2017, 11:10 PM
I was watching The Jump, They showed a 2015 interview with Rachel Nichols and Lebron, he said he's finishing his career with Cleveland.

A lot of talk with Lebron leaving now, it's a possibility with his free agency coming up next year. Should Cavs fans be angry about this again?

He could always sign a 1 year deal at like age 40.

Scoots
06-18-2017, 11:20 PM
LeBron assembled his super-team, beat the built-the-right-way team, they brought in a free agent to beat him ... it only makes sense that he restart the cycle.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Cavs built their team the right way. They accumulated draft picks and created cap space. They signed FAs using FA and used their young assets for trades. That's not no super-team.

That's what the Celtics will do right now and I guarantee no one will call them superteam after this offseason.

basch152
06-18-2017, 11:37 PM
Cavs built their team the right way. They accumulated draft picks and created cap space. They signed FAs using FA and used their young assets for trades. That's not no super-team.

That's what the Celtics will do right now and I guarantee no one will call them superteam after this offseason.

It's easy to build your team "the right way" when you have the #1 pick three out of four years.

But either way, how many players that got time in the finals were drafted by cleveland? 1? 2? That is not what people mean when they say "the right way".

JAZZNC
06-19-2017, 12:20 AM
Clearly I said I have no problem with James leaving Cleveland.

And clearly you posted all of that just to slight him and call him the 5th best player in the NBA....you're a joke dude and your shtick is beyond tiresome at this point. But you won't stop because that's not what haters do.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2017, 12:22 AM
It's easy to build your team "the right way" when you have the #1 pick three out of four years.

But either way, how many players that got time in the finals were drafted by cleveland? 1? 2? That is not what people mean when they say "the right way".

Then its a pretty good thing those people have absolutely no right about how a team should build a title team. Especially since, you know, more players moves via trade or sign in FA than players actually get drafted and sign in the NBA.

Scoots
06-19-2017, 12:47 AM

Now "the right way" is tanking? Okay.

AllBall
06-19-2017, 01:37 AM
Plot twist: Lebron will take a pay cut and sign with the Warriors. Like KD says, if you can't beat them join them.

Saddletramp
06-19-2017, 02:40 AM
He's not leaving, in large part because of this:

He has the built in excuse that "Golden State is too strong to lose", so I don't think the majority of people will really hold any Finals losses to them over him in general as long as he himself performs.

He got Cle it's ring. I'd bet my bottom dollar he ain't leaving again.

nastynice
06-19-2017, 03:24 AM

lmao!!

Even then they ****ed off and traded wiggins. Tho I guess that was more to satisfy lebron with a big 3, so maybe management really had no choice. I don't know. What I do know is that trade looked ridiculous at the time, and now just even worse.

ewing
06-19-2017, 07:30 AM
lmao!!

Even then they ****ed off and traded wiggins. Tho I guess that was more to satisfy lebron with a big 3, so maybe management really had no choice. I don't know. What I do know is that trade looked ridiculous at the time, and now just even worse.

if i was trying to win right now I'd take Love over wiggens 10 out of 10 times

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Now "the right way" is tanking? Okay.

Now theres a right way to draft players?

A #1 pick they get via tanking isnt worth any less than the #1 pick they got "naturally".

Scoots
06-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Now theres a right way to draft players?

A #1 pick they get via tanking isnt worth any less than the #1 pick they got "naturally".

I have no problem with tanking. Just noting it.

Vinylman
06-19-2017, 01:14 PM
LeBron assembled his super-team, beat the built-the-right-way team, they brought in a free agent to beat him ... it only makes sense that he restart the cycle.

yep... if he could actually put another team together that could beat GS he will undoubtedly go down as the GOAT because of that and his statistical dominance.

Tg11
06-20-2017, 10:29 AM
People will most likely burn his jersey yet again...I mean they did it before