PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: "I've never been on a Super Team"

AntiG
06-13-2017, 06:29 PM
http://fanbuzz.com/nba/lebron-james-cavaliers-warriors-super-teams-not-on-one/
:laugh:

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 06:30 PM
He clearly has. The question is whether or not his team was a super-super-team like Magic's Lakers or Larry's Celtics. And the answer is no. Even his Miami days, that super-team wasn't really that super. I mean, the term is being thrown around just because of names rather than relative to what the rest of the league is. It didn't take long for CP3 to get Blake and DJ or OKC to have a super-team as well.

LOb0
06-13-2017, 06:31 PM
He clearly has. The question is whether or not his team was a super-super-team like Magic's Lakers or Larry's Celtics. And the answer is no. Even his Miami days, that super-team wasn't really that super. I mean, the term is being thrown around just because of names rather than relative to what the rest of the league is. It didn't take long for CP3 to get Blake and DJ or OKC to have a super-team as well.

Super-super team? I think the problem here is definition of a super team.

What exactly is a Super team? I'd say a team of 3 future HOF level players.

da ThRONe
06-13-2017, 06:52 PM
The first 3 years with MIA was a super team. LeBron was 2 for 3 and should have been 3 of 3 had he not disappeared. Clearly there's levels to the superteam discussion and GS is the highest form of superteam the league has seen.

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 06:53 PM
http://fanbuzz.com/nba/lebron-james-cavaliers-warriors-super-teams-not-on-one/
:laugh:

If you remove him, never a super team. Him included, yes, super team.

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 07:02 PM

Yeah, but some players are in the hall that were not exactly hall guys per say, certainly not HoFs while on that squad (like Shaq wouldn't go in as a Celtic for his 10-11 season) or again Celtic, K.C. Jones.

But the Celtics had at least 3 Hall of Famers on their roster every year from 52-92.

One Nut Kruk
06-13-2017, 07:03 PM
At least, you personally, left everything on the floor Lebron...Arrogant idiot.

Lil Rhody
06-13-2017, 07:09 PM
And the Peyton Manning of basketball speaks again

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 07:12 PM

No one here would say that Miami Heat team was one of the greatest teams ever. The only reason they were great was literally because of LeBron.

Kevj77
06-13-2017, 07:18 PM
If you remove him, never a super team. Him included, yes, super team.Same could be said of the 80s Lakers and Celtics if you removed Magic and Bird. The 90s Bulls if you remove Jordan. Warriors are the closest thing to a super team without a dominant superstar before Durant got there because Curry can be kept in check as the Cavs have proved the two previous finals, but their entire team is stacked add Durant and it's almost unfair. I think the Cavs could have won if not for Durant.

Big Zo
06-13-2017, 07:19 PM
No one here would say that Miami Heat team was one of the greatest teams ever. The only reason they were great was literally because of LeBron.

That's a pretty asinine statement considering they had a superstar that had already won a championship, and finals MVP without LeBron.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 07:20 PM
Ugh I ****ing hate this guy. Stfu! Take your loss like a man, and come back again next year.

Cannot stand this NBA nowadays, bunch of sissies and teaming up babies.

I miss the old NBA :sad2:

MJNetsIsles
06-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Lebron's going to the Knicks.

He'll be on a super team with Rose Melo and Porzingis plus Phil Jackson, plus the #8 pick in this years draft. That's a lot of talent.

Lebron to New York. Book it. I can see it now.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 07:22 PM
Tough call between which person in power is more insecure; Bron or Trump.

LA_Raiders
06-13-2017, 07:30 PM
And this is why I don't like this clown. He teamed up with 2 top 5 stars at their position, and then Ray Allen joined them. That's a stacked team. STFU 3/8 LeClown...

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 07:57 PM
That's a pretty asinine statement considering they had a superstar that had already won a championship, and finals MVP without LeBron.

And who was hobbled by their 2nd year together. And he won that when? Five years ago?

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 08:05 PM
Ugh I ****ing hate this guy. Stfu! Take your loss like a man, and come back again next year.

Cannot stand this NBA nowadays, bunch of sissies and teaming up babies.

I miss the old NBA :sad2:

The old NBA? Like where kobe forced himself to the lakers to be part of a super team? Or where he was going to force a trade had they not went out and got him gasol... Or when the celtics put together the big 3? i could go even further back where this has happened.

nastynice
06-13-2017, 08:10 PM
The old NBA? Like where kobe forced himself to the lakers to be part of a super team? Or where he was going to force a trade had they not went out and got him gasol... Or when the celtics put together the big 3? i could go even further back where this has happened.

No you just don't get it. Everyone respects Kobe because of all those first round exits he had as the man with no help :rolleyes:

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Same could be said of the 80s Lakers and Celtics if you removed Magic and Bird. The 90s Bulls if you remove Jordan. Warriors are the closest thing to a super team without a dominant superstar before Durant got there because Curry can be kept in check as the Cavs have proved the two previous finals, but their entire team is stacked add Durant and it's almost unfair. I think the Cavs could have won if not for Durant.

Great point.

Think it's fair to say that he's never been on a super team that added better talent than him. His teams only go as far as he will take them. But he's totally wrong here.

Might be your stupidist, trolliest post ever. And that's saying something.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 08:33 PM
Great point.

Think it's fair to say that he's never been on a super team that added better talent than him. His teams only go as far as he will take them. But he's totally wrong here.

Might be your stupidist, trolliest post ever. And that's saying something.
I'm not sure it would crack your top 100, but i appreciate the honorable mention.

In truth, 'Bron is a very insecure person. He plays the victim to the media time and time and time again. "Heavy is the head the wears the crown", right? This is the man who tattooed "Chosen One" on his back and has the twitter handle "King James". He is always the first to point out his greatness, and the last to accept blame. That's just who he is. That's who Trump is. It is what it is.

TrueFan420
06-13-2017, 08:37 PM

Lol so true

TrueFan420
06-13-2017, 08:38 PM
It's comments like these why people dislike Lebron

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 08:39 PM
No you just don't get it. Everyone respects Kobe because of all those first round exits he had as the man with no help :rolleyes:

Idk what he's talking about, wht I meant is I miss when players hated each other and wanted to beat each other badly. They wouldn't whine like little *****es and they would rather beat each other than join forces. Sure it's happened before but nothing close to what we've been seeing the last 7-8 years. I don't blame Durant at all, Lebron left him no choice, KD wanted to win. He fought fire with Fire.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 08:40 PM
It's comments like these why people dislike Lebron

Seriously brother.

still1ballin
06-13-2017, 08:42 PM
lol wut?

Bostonjorge
06-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Just when James was starting to grow on me. He's planing something very super.

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 08:56 PM
I don't know about all that. I was flipping through the channels the other day, I saw Michael Jordan in a movie with like Ewing, Barkley, Miller, lmao!!! I was like wtf! They compete on the court, and they cool off of it. I mean, they kinda like coworkers

:laugh2:

nastynice
06-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Idk what he's talking about, wht I meant is I miss when players hated each other and wanted to beat each other badly. They wouldn't whine like little *****es and they would rather beat each other than join forces. Sure it's happened before but nothing close to what we've been seeing the last 7-8 years. I don't blame Durant at all, Lebron left him no choice, KD wanted to win. He fought fire with Fire.

I don't know about all that. I was flipping through the channels the other day, I saw Michael Jordan in a movie with like Ewing, Barkley, Miller, lmao!!! I was like wtf! They compete on the court, and they cool off of it. I mean, they kinda like coworkers

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure it would crack your top 100, but i appreciate the honorable mention.

In truth, 'Bron is a very insecure person. He plays the victim to the media time and time and time again. "Heavy is the head the wears the crown", right? This is the man who tattooed "Chosen One" on his back and has the twitter handle "King James". He is always the first to point out his greatness, and the last to accept blame. That's just who he is. That's who Trump is. It is what it is.

He's nowhere near Trump's level. Different ****ing leagues.

As far as Lebron, I don't know how I'd handle being constantly told that I'd be the next biggest thing from the time that I was 12 but I'm sure you'd stay humble and take any and all criticism like a champ. We've all seen how humble you've stayed as just a fan of a team that's risen above.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 09:02 PM

As far as Lebron, I don't know how I'd handle being constantly told that I'd be the next biggest thing from the time that I was 12 but I'm sure you'd stay humble and take any and all criticism like a champ. We've all seen how humble you've stayed as just a fan of a team that's risen above.

Someone get a bodybag for Tredigs. I will pay for burial costs.

Hangtime
06-13-2017, 09:04 PM
How did people view Chris Bosh before he came to the Heat? Wade was a champion, finals MVP and scoring leader. Coming off a very productive season. The Heat had all the makings of a super team when they joined forces. They immediately became favored over Boston to come out the east.

AntiG
06-13-2017, 09:09 PM
He's nowhere near Trump's level. Different ****ing leagues. .

Yeah, The Donald is a lot more likable and has better hair.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 09:17 PM
If you remove him, never a super team. Him included, yes, super team.

I'm sure this is what he meant. His idea of super team might have changed after playing the Warriors.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 09:21 PM

No, Trump just speaks more. They clearly have a similar view themselves and unfortunately a very similar trait of never accepting blame or weakness in any sense.

As for me, I've always been a dick, you all are just getting a more first hand view of it now that the Warriors are constantly hated on. Very soon, I will just start ignoring the trolling all together and get back to posting quality takes on the league.

CityofTreez
06-13-2017, 09:21 PM
I do believe the Heat team was a super team, but idk about this Cavs team.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 09:32 PM

well to be fair its a 2 way street... there has never been an athlete that has been as criticized as him or has had the expectations he has had. He literally just yet again was the best player in the series against the best defensive team in basketball and people are trying to blame him for not being able to carry his team to a win.

bucketss
06-13-2017, 09:47 PM
lebron hate has reached a level where hes being compared to trump

tredigs
06-13-2017, 10:25 PM
well to be fair its a 2 way street... there has never been an athlete that has been as criticized as him or has had the expectations he has had. He literally just yet again was the best player in the series against the best defensive team in basketball and people are trying to blame him for not being able to carry his team to a win.

Never an athlete as criticized as him? There's a current athlete more criticized than him and it's Christiano Ronaldo. It is not an uncommon phenomena among the best in their game. And A) Though great, I would not say he was the best player in that series and B) NOBODY is blaming him. To the ****ing contrary, he is being praised immensely all over the media right now. The FRONT PAGE article on ESPN.com right now is, "Lebron's legacy is as in tact as Jordan's". Talk about coddling, dear lord.

DaBear
06-13-2017, 10:36 PM
LeBron is the most overrated athlete in the history of sports.

goingfor28
06-13-2017, 10:43 PM
Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2017, 10:44 PM
Well... it's not like the Heat or Cavs added an league MVP to their roster AFTER they won the title... so.. I get what he's saying.

The Heat and Cavs are no different than the Lakers or Celtics of the 80's, which weren't labelled 'super team'. They had three all-stars. To be honest... the Lakers and Celtics were much deeper than the Heat.

The Heat and Cavs never had four current all-stars and both of the most recent MVPs, as well as former all-stars like like Iggy, and West.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 10:47 PM

Jordan/Gretzky/Kobe are far more overrated if we are being honest... If you lose 1 finals instantly you cant surpass jordan... Jordan can do no wrong... his record before pippen has become irrelevant and the notion that he hit every game winner ever and never missed a shot is ********. Iverson is another.

DaBear
06-13-2017, 10:51 PM
Jordan/Gretzky/Kobe are far more overrated if we are being honest... If you lose 1 finals instantly you cant surpass jordan... Jordan can do no wrong... his record before pippen has become irrelevant and the notion that he hit every game winner ever and never missed a shot is ********. Iverson is another.

Jordan with no supporting cast his first couple of years going against some of the greatest teams ever (Celtics/Pistons) is worse than losing to the ****ing Mavericks in the Finals? LOL

LeBron is the most overrated athlete ever.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 11:01 PM
Jordan with no supporting cast his first couple of years going against some of the greatest teams ever (Celtics/Pistons) is worse than losing to the ****ing Mavericks in the Finals? LOL

LeBron is the most overrated athlete ever.

Jordan not being able to carry scrubs like lebron did early on yes matters... no doubt Jordan didnt choke but he had bad games and was bailed out by his teammates... It goes unmentioned how he couldnt do **** without pippen or how kerr and pippen knocked down clutch shots and how he won a good bit of his games where he was trash... Like I said if we are being honest the jordan legacy is great... he is goat but you can be the best and be overrated and he very much is when you factor in how his legacy means he did no wrong which is furthest from the truth. Lebron has been more scrutinized than any athlete ever and is fighting tooth and nail to be considered top 3 ever where Jordan never had to deal with being under the microscope 24/7 from the media/social media like james is in todays NBA... Jordan never had to deal with the haters quite literally from his rookie year going forward.

MassoDio
06-13-2017, 11:01 PM

The argument that is bolded is a lazy and stupid narrative that is used to try and knock Jordan in the most ridiculous way possible. That is why it has become irrelevant. And no, Jordan wasn't perfect, he did screw up plenty, and he didn't hit every game winner.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 11:02 PM
The argument that is bolded is a lazy and stupid narrative that is used to try and knock Jordan in the most ridiculous way possible. That is why it has become irrelevant. And no, Jordan wasn't perfect, he did screw up plenty, and he didn't hit every game winner.

so you basically agree with me... Now go ask 95 percent of basketball fans that arent Kobe fans and they will tell you Jordan never had a terrible record before pippen and kerr never hit clutch shots it was always jordan and the bulls didnt win 50 plus games without MJ... **** my life people still think he had the ability to play any ****ing sport because he tried baseball... Like I said Jordan is one of the most overrated ever... He is the GOAT... Both can be true. The second someone loses a championship they can no longer make a run at jordan in the eyes of the fans.

MassoDio
06-13-2017, 11:31 PM
so you basically agree with me... Now go ask 95 percent of basketball fans that arent Kobe fans and they will tell you Jordan never had a terrible record before pippen and kerr never hit clutch shots it was always jordan and the bulls didnt win 50 plus games without MJ... **** my life people still think he had the ability to play any ****ing sport because he tried baseball... Like I said Jordan is one of the most overrated ever... He is the GOAT... Both can be true. The second someone loses a championship they can no longer make a run at jordan in the eyes of the fans.

I have literally never seen anyone claim any of those things....so you must talk to a different 95% of basketball fans than i ever have. But i HAVE seen people use that ridiculous argument about Jordan's record without Pippen as a way to knock Jordan while trying build up LeBron and excuse his failures. It is just really tiresome and ridiculous.

Scoots
06-14-2017, 08:58 AM

I think a Super Team is like a Super Group, already famous musicians from multiple bands join together to make a Super Group ... a team where at least 3 players who are already stars come from other teams and join together to make a Super Team. How they get there doesn't matter (trade, FA) what matters is that they were stars apart then come together.

BKLYNpigeon
06-14-2017, 09:04 AM

Lol

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 09:23 AM
I don't see anything from that article but assumptions, outside the statement that he doesn't believe he has played for a superteam.

I guess it depends on what your definition of a superteam is.

I did love this part:
So James is saying that playing with two All-Stars in Kyrie Irving — a former No. 1 overall pick — and Kevin Love as well as superior role players like JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Tristan Thompson and Kyle Korver does not constitute a “super team” in this day and age

Did he really point to Smith, Shumpert, TT, and Korver as "super team" material? Wow

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 09:25 AM
I guess Atlanta had a SUPER team in 2014-15', they had 4 all stars (Horford, Millisap, Teague, and Korver).

SteBO
06-14-2017, 09:43 AM
Take LeBron off the Cavs or Heat, they aren't nearly as good. That isn't a superteam. Period.

Now, here's where I disagree with what 'Bron is trying to push here. He acts as if he had no control of the roster put in place. The options were limited mind you, but it's not like he hasn't tried to construct a superteam, a winning formula capable of sustaining itself for years to come? To try to dismiss himself from the "superteam" conversation comes off as disingenuous and he tries to come off as a victim here. He made comments before the Finals about having to go up against dynasties and how he "doesn't want to be stressed thinking about the Warriors" after winning the ECF. All of this cries victim, and it's this side of 'Bron that I honestly roll my eyes at.....

It's one thing for his fans to think this way, but 'Bron himself? Best player on planet Earth? Nah playa....

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 09:49 AM
Take LeBron off the Cavs or Heat, they aren't nearly as good. That isn't a superteam. Period.

Now, here's where I disagree with what 'Bron is trying to push here. He acts as if he had no control of the roster put in place. The options were limited mind you, but it's not like he hasn't tried to construct a superteam, a winning formula capable of sustaining itself for years to come? To try to dismiss himself from the "superteam" conversation comes off as disingenuous and he tries to come off as a victim here. He made comments before the Finals about having to go up against dynasties and how he "doesn't want to be stressed thinking about the Warriors" after winning the ECF. All of this cries victim, and it's this side of 'Bron that I honestly roll my eyes at.....

It's one thing for his fans to think this way, but 'Bron himself? Best player on planet Earth? Nah playa....

It's always been my single biggest gripe about LeBron too. He comes off so whiny, and as a victim at times. Just stop dude

Lil Rhody
06-14-2017, 09:54 AM
^ Peyton Manning style

GREATNESS ONE
06-14-2017, 09:57 AM
He teamed up and had a pre parade with Bosh/Wade? That was his first Super team. Cleveland gets the 1st pick twice and he forces them to trade Wiggins for Love before re-signing. Love and Irving were perennial all-stars. Idk about Super Team but definitely hand picked his teammates to a easy path through the East.

Lebron can only blame himself for Durant joining the GSW.

And no **** take Lebron off and those two teams would only be playoff teams. Take Durant off GSW and Lebron is hoisting up another trophy.

Scoots
06-14-2017, 10:01 AM
To determine the quality of the teams around LeBron you need to look at what the players were able to do before LeBron was around.

LeBron loves this narrative that the teams he's dragged to the finals year after year were not great teams. Well they were not great teams, but they were very very talented teams for the most part. The issue is that LeBron plays the way he plays and that doesn't leave much room for others to shine.

GoferKing_
06-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Jordan not being able to carry scrubs like lebron did early on yes matters... no doubt Jordan didnt choke but he had bad games and was bailed out by his teammates... It goes unmentioned how he couldnt do **** without pippen or how kerr and pippen knocked down clutch shots and how he won a good bit of his games where he was trash... Like I said if we are being honest the jordan legacy is great... he is goat but you can be the best and be overrated and he very much is when you factor in how his legacy means he did no wrong which is furthest from the truth. Lebron has been more scrutinized than any athlete ever and is fighting tooth and nail to be considered top 3 ever where Jordan never had to deal with being under the microscope 24/7 from the media/social media like james is in todays NBA... Jordan never had to deal with the haters quite literally from his rookie year going forward.

Remind me the teams in the East he beat going to his first finals.

GoferKing_
06-14-2017, 10:08 AM
And dayum, LBJ forgot about Wade, Bosh, Allen, and his stint in Miami fast.

SteBO
06-14-2017, 10:11 AM
And dayum, LBJ forgot about Wade, Bosh, Allen, and his stint in Miami fast.
Wade fell off in 2012 and Allen was past his prime dude. We can argue about Bosh, but simply put....take LeBron off that team, they aren't even sniffing the Finals. I watch the HEAT religiously man.

FOXHOUND
06-14-2017, 10:13 AM

I don't think it matters what they are without LeBron because LeBron is there. Having a 2nd best player who could do the things Wade did or that Irving has done in the last two Finals is all-time rare for a reason. Add in players like Bosh and Love as your 3rd best player? There's no way around that.

To the rest - Yes, exactly. The dynasty comment especially made me laugh because it's like he's trying to retroactively change history. Not to mention what he, Wade and Bosh did and said at that pep rally. Miami was the dynasty everyone was trying to beat from 2011-2014 and the Cavs were being looked at in a similar vein before Golden State rose up and surprised everyone that season.

Here are the championship odds entering the 2015 season http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2241463-nba-championship-odds-2014-15-every-teams-chances-of-winning-the-nba-title
1. Cavs 5-2

Who'd you expect?

LeBron James' Cavaliers may struggle to jell offensively, and they might not have the personnel to construct an elite defense at all. Neither of those issues stopped them from earning the NBA's best title odds—mainly because a long season will give new head coach David Blatt plenty of time to work out the kinks.

And if he can't figure everything out, he's still got the best player in the world on his team. That alone is enough to justify Cleveland's spot here.

There's reason to believe the Cavs will hit the ground running on offense, and not just because they have such an absurdly talented core. The truth is we've seen how potent these guys can be during preseason play.

James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Dion Waiters all attempted at least three triples per game during exhibition season, and all four connected on at least 41 percent of those shots. James, because he is not human, made exactly 50 percent.

You might think it impossible for all four of those players to sustain such a high collective percentage, but in an offense where double-teaming anyone—or even helping a smidgen too aggressively—results in wide-open chances for a another scoring dynamo, well...let's just say the potential for league-leading offense is there.

Irving was a preseason lightning bolt, using defenders' hesitation to leave their assignments to dart into the lane whenever he wanted. Drive-and-kick opportunities were endless, and they'll continue to be—unless the league allows opponents to use six players against Cleveland.

Actually, even then...

Injuries, the slog of an 82-game season and various other uncertainties mean there are no sure things in the NBA.

But the Cavs come close.

2. Spurs 7-2
3. Bulls 11-2
4. Thunder 7-1
5. Clippers 8-1
T-6. Rockets 20-1
T-6. Warriors 20-1
T-6. Mavericks 20-1

Not only that, but the Cavaliers were the favorites entering the 2016 season even after Golden State won. In case everyone forgot, the injuries to Cleveland and some WC foes left plenty of people questioning Golden State's legitimacy as champion. GS was even behind San Antonio before FA started, matched on 7/6 and behind again on 9/30.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavs-still-nba-title-favorites-for-2015-16-spurs-move-ahead-of-warriors/

Life comes at you fast, LeBron. Stay salty, dude. :laugh2:

SteBO
06-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Fair enough FOXHOUND. I personally like to judge them beyond the best player, but LBJ absolutely makes them super. Kyrie/Wade and Bosh/Love were superstars (Wade only)/stars that supplement 'Bron. Rest of your post is also spot on.

Jamiecballer
06-14-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm sure this is what he meant. His idea of super team might have changed after playing the Warriors.
This nuance will of course be overlooked

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

FOXHOUND
06-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Fair enough FOXHOUND. I personally like to judge them beyond the best player, but LBJ absolutely makes them super. Kyrie/Wade and Bosh/Love were superstars (Wade only)/stars that supplement 'Bron. Rest of your post is also spot on.

Yeah I agree, super with LeBron.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 10:46 AM
I don't think a single player makes a team "super" at all. Quite the opposite actually.

A super team can withstand injuries (unless just ridiculous amounts) to any key player.

FOXHOUND
06-14-2017, 11:04 AM
I don't think a single player makes a team "super" at all. Quite the opposite actually.

A super team can withstand injuries (unless just ridiculous amounts) to any key player.

Eh, I think that's more about coaching/system/roster fit. I mean, are the Spurs a "super team" just because they can weather the storm when Kawhi is out vs weak regular season teams/choking Harden? Having a 2nd best player who can average 29/4.5/4.0 on 47/41/90 in the Finals is far more super worthy, IMO.

ewing
06-14-2017, 11:19 AM
I don't see anything from that article but assumptions, outside the statement that he doesn't believe he has played for a superteam.

I guess it depends on what your definition of a superteam is.

I did love this part:

Did he really point to Smith, Shumpert, TT, and Korver as "super team" material? Wow

They are good role players.

R. Johnson#3
06-14-2017, 11:24 AM

Clearly they aren't but lets not forget it was Lebron who basically backed the Cavs into a corner and forced them to sign TT and JR to their hilariously bad deals.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 11:28 AM
They are good role players.

they weren't in the finals. My point is, how you chuck them into "super" is funny to me.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Clearly they aren't but lets not forget it was Lebron who basically backed the Cavs into a corner and forced them to sign TT and JR to their hilariously bad deals.

agreed, but they still don't have any business being mentioned as part of a superteam.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Eh, I think that's more about coaching/system/roster fit. I mean, are the Spurs a "super team" just because they can weather the storm when Kawhi is out vs weak regular season teams/choking Harden? Having a 2nd best player who can average 29/4.5/4.0 on 47/41/90 in the Finals is far more super worthy, IMO.

I mean, I don't even know what the definition of a super team is haha.

ewing
06-14-2017, 11:37 AM
they weren't in the finals. My point is, how you chuck them into "super" is funny to me.

he called them superior role players and he is right. Shaun Livingston is part of a super team too. He isn't what makes them super but he helps. Same as those guys.

Muttman73
06-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Ego talking again

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 11:53 AM
he called them superior role players and he is right. Shaun Livingston is part of a super team too. He isn't what makes them super but he helps. Same as those guys.

yeah, I don't agree with that. If they are so good, why does the team fall off a cliff when one guy sits?

A superteam should be able to sustain high levels of play when a single player doesn't play. Which is why I think the term is used way too much. Just like superstar.

LA4life24/8
06-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Yep I'll say it again lebron needs to stfu. Dude is as insecure as they come. He helped form a super team in miami. Idc if they were or werent without him because guess what? He was fhuckin there.

He just tryna make excuses cuz they got beat. Dubs just formed a better super team than he has made and beat him at his own game.

I'll be surprised if they don't somehow add another all star type player before the deadline next year cuz lebron will complain he doesnt have enough help

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 11:58 AM
yeah, I don't agree with that. If they are so good, why does the team fall off a cliff when one guy sits?

A superteam should be able to sustain high levels of play when a single player doesn't play. Which is why I think the term is used way too much. Just like superstar.

The narrative is clearly, every team LeBron on with some help is a superteam. Like look at Love and Kyrie. How is that any more help than some of the other stars in the league? Clippers have DJ and Blake. Conley has Marc Gasol, Tony Allen, Zach Randolph, and a damn good overall roster, Gordon Hayward had George Hill, Favors, Gobert, Joe Johnson. I can't see a scenario where I think outside of Kyrie, I as LeBron, wouldn't take the other teams. LeBron is actually why these teams are even a super team.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 12:02 PM
The narrative is clearly, every team LeBron on with some help is a superteam. Like look at Love and Kyrie. How is that any more help than some of the other stars in the league? Clippers have DJ and Blake. Conley has Marc Gasol, Tony Allen, Zach Randolph, and a damn good overall roster, Gordon Hayward had George Hill, Favors, Gobert, Joe Johnson. I can't see a scenario where I think outside of Kyrie, I as LeBron, wouldn't take the other teams. LeBron is actually why these teams are even a super team.

that is my point. A superteam should be able to sustain injury to their best player and remain a top seed. That is what I am getting at. The term "super" is thrown around so much, and it's totally b.s.

GS is a superteam. We know that. There are maybe a handful of superteams in history. Outside that? Just another superstar with some help, like nearly every championship won with a superstar in history.

It's as if people would only be satisfied if LeBron stayed in Cleveland, and won with Helen Keller as his SG.

LA4life24/8
06-14-2017, 12:06 PM
that is my point. A superteam should be able to sustain injury to their best player and remain a top seed. That is what I am getting at. The term "super" is thrown around so much, and it's totally b.s.

GS is a superteam. We know that. There are maybe a handful of superteams in history. Outside that? Just another superstar with some help, like nearly every championship won with a superstar in history.

It's as if people would only be satisfied if LeBron stayed in Cleveland, and won with Helen Keller as his SG.

Bron would make hellen keller avg 20 a game

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 12:07 PM
Bron would make hellen keller avg 20 a game

she would then get credit as "super Helen"

FOXHOUND
06-14-2017, 12:46 PM
I mean, I don't even know what the definition of a super team is haha.

Haha yeah, it's certainly a loose definition that everyone has a different opinion of.

To me, it's about top end talent. The role players are easy enough to sort out if you have multiple top caliber guys. I agree with an earlier post of your that laughs at the article pointing out names like JR Smith and Shump. But if you think about it, it wasn't that long ago that JR Smith was "6MotY", as he was 3rd on the team in MPG, and the 2nd leading scorer on a 54-win team. Shumpert was the starting SF for that same team and wasn't as good as he was just 22.

That's the thing, there are playoff teams that have to rely on less than ideal players in roles like that. JR was definitely in a role above his head in NY as a teams 2nd best offensive player, but in Cleveland as it's 4th? That's much more fitting and it's hard to complain about the 16, 15 and 25 points he provided in games 3-5 in the Finals while hitting a ridiculous 5.7 3s a game on 63%. Yes, I'm aware that he greatly benefits from open shots but you didn't see anyone on Golden State scorching from 3 at that kind of clip and apparently they have it even easier with the greatest shooters ever. At a certain point you have to credit the shooter as much as the passer.

Kyrie Irving was a #1 overall pick and was just 21-years old in his 3 seasons without LeBron. He was a 2-time All-Star and his scoring averages in his first two seasons were both the 4th highest in NBA history for a 19 and 20-year old. While he wasn't there yet, it was very clear he was on his way to being a special player and we've seen that in these past two Finals. He's still just 25-years old.

Kevin Love was a franchise player in Minnesota. He wasn't a LeBron level franchise player, of course, but there's also a reason why he finished 6th in MVP voting, was a 2-time 2nd Team All-NBA and a 3-time All-Star by the age of 25. There's also a reason why they went from 40 to 16 wins when they traded him.

So when you look at a roster like Cleveland's you have three players that you could theoretically build around, otherwise called franchise players. Love didn't have a ton of success but he also didn't have a ton around him either. Kyrie was a pup surrounded by pups, hardly an indication on what he could be doing in that role.

Then you look around at other playoff teams. Who does Boston have leading their ship, for example? Isaiah Thomas, Al Horford and a collection of good role players like Bradley and Crowder. Thomas is a low end franchise player, IMO. On Love's level in Minnesota, at best. Horford used to be a low end franchise player but years of injuries sapped that ability from him years before he left Atlanta. Who are the 2nd and 3rd best players on a team like Houston? Eric Gordon and Trevor Ariza? Ryan Anderson?

Teams are lucky enough to have one franchise player, let alone three. LeBron is a legendary franchise player, Kyrie had the potential to be at least a mid-high end franchise player and Love was at least a low-middle. I think Love was better than Bosh in that role, for example. That unequivocally makes Cleveland a super team, IMO. They just aren't as talented as the super team that Golden State has haha.

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 12:51 PM

I think there's a superteam and then there is a dynasty. None of LeBron's teams have been a dynasty. In terms of super, well, I just think his team is really good and then LeBron makes them have the image of a superteam. I look at this Cavs roster. They would have difficulty being a top five team in the East. Yet, we're expected to believe he's on a superteam? C'mon. We're just throwing the label around these days just like we do when we say "superstar."

maltmonger
06-14-2017, 12:54 PM

Derek Jeter says hello...

ewing
06-14-2017, 12:59 PM

They same reason LeBron had such and easy time taking it to the hole and getting mismatches in the post this year. They have no bigs and are flooded with floor spacers. You can say that having JR as your 4th best scorer in the starting lineup isn't good or that guys like Kover aren't representative of real good bench talent but you'd be wrong.

FOXHOUND
06-14-2017, 01:00 PM
I think there's a superteam and then there is a dynasty. None of LeBron's teams have been a dynasty. In terms of super, well, I just think his team is really good and then LeBron makes them have the image of a superteam. I look at this Cavs roster. They would have difficulty being a top five team in the East. Yet, we're expected to believe he's on a superteam? C'mon. We're just throwing the label around these days just like we do when we say "superstar."

I think you have to win many rings to be a "dynasty". Miami won 2 rings in 4 years and should have been 3. They were pretty dynastic, even if they were just a 4-year run.

I don't think it makes sense to focus on the Cavs without LeBron because they very clearly have been built around LeBron. There is no other remotely good SF on the roster, obviously because they have LeBron. He operates as their defacto PG in a lot of ways, so there's also no good backup PG. They've been optimized with snipers down the entire roster to suit his drive and kick game.

If you were building a team around Kyrie and Love, you would put a completely different group of players around them. You would focus on a more legit rim protecting C than Tristan Thompson, for example.

Teams are built to maximize the talent they have. I don't get judging teams without the player they're built around as some sort of measure of their strength.

L8kers4life
06-14-2017, 01:00 PM

You seem like a pretty smart basketball fan, why can't you figure out the fact that LeBrons teams fall apart when he is on the bench, because LeBron has to have the ball in his hand 90%. LeBron is a different kind of ball hog, the kind that has to make every play for his team, whether it's a pass or a shot, every play goes through him. No one else makes you plays when he is on the bench because he has never trusted anyone to make plays for his teammates other than himself.

Also 4 former franchise players on 1 team, one of the greatest 3 point shooters of all time, the highest payroll in NBA history and the defending champs probably qualify as a super team, definitely a super team in the weak east.

BKLYNpigeon
06-14-2017, 01:02 PM
If the Cavs keep that entire team for next year they owe 88 million in taxes.

They don't have a draft pic to trade until 2021.

FOXHOUND
06-14-2017, 01:24 PM
You seem like a pretty smart basketball fan, why can't you figure out the fact that LeBrons teams fall apart when he is on the bench, because LeBron has to have the ball in his hand 90%. LeBron is a different kind of ball hog, the kind that has to make every play for his team, whether it's a pass or a shot, every play goes through him. No one else makes you plays when he is on the bench because he has never trusted anyone to make plays for his teammates other than himself.

Also 4 former franchise players on 1 team, one of the greatest 3 point shooters of all time, the highest payroll in NBA history and the defending champs probably qualify as a super team, definitely a super team in the weak east.

Yeah, that's an interesting angle for sure. A bit of that Westbrook effect, although he's not as ball dominant as ole Russ and much better haha.

To the bold, it took me so long to realize you were talking about Deron Williams. I don't think corpses count. But I agree with the rest.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 01:40 PM
They same reason LeBron had such and easy time taking it to the hole and getting mismatches in the post this year. They have no bigs and are flooded with floor spacers. You can say that having JR as your 4th best scorer in the starting lineup isn't good or that guys like Kover aren't representative of real good bench talent but you'd be wrong.

but don't good benches produce and hold leads?

I get that they surround LeBron with ideal pieces to fit his skillset (ie, floor spacers and guys who can catch and shoot). However, these are NBA players. Either the front office, LeBron, or the coaching staff, need to do a better job of getting other guys to contribute without him, even if that is only for 12 minutes a game. They just have to. I have never seen a team fall apart so badly minus it's top player in my life, that was a contending team. If you want to blame LeBron for that, cool. Still doesn't change the results, which point to....a bad producing team when he sits.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 01:45 PM

LeBron, and who else? Just curious. A franchise guy wins more 30-40% of his games as the man. That goes back to "superstar". The term gets chucked around so frequently. Real superstars make a bad team good. Love/Irving have never been superstars, or, franchise players.

Please don't tell me you are grouping in Deron Williams as the 4th "franchise player"

So what I am getting is, LeBron is the most selfish star in history, it's impossible to put anything around him that works for him, and can produce unless he is on the floor, controlling the ball. Correct? Can't be done...that is, get some players that don't hemorrhage leads the moment he is out or sitting a game. Right?

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Haha yeah, it's certainly a loose definition that everyone has a different opinion of.

To me, it's about top end talent. The role players are easy enough to sort out if you have multiple top caliber guys. I agree with an earlier post of your that laughs at the article pointing out names like JR Smith and Shump. But if you think about it, it wasn't that long ago that JR Smith was "6MotY", as he was 3rd on the team in MPG, and the 2nd leading scorer on a 54-win team. Shumpert was the starting SF for that same team and wasn't as good as he was just 22.

That's the thing, there are playoff teams that have to rely on less than ideal players in roles like that. JR was definitely in a role above his head in NY as a teams 2nd best offensive player, but in Cleveland as it's 4th? That's much more fitting and it's hard to complain about the 16, 15 and 25 points he provided in games 3-5 in the Finals while hitting a ridiculous 5.7 3s a game on 63%. Yes, I'm aware that he greatly benefits from open shots but you didn't see anyone on Golden State scorching from 3 at that kind of clip and apparently they have it even easier with the greatest shooters ever. At a certain point you have to credit the shooter as much as the passer.

Kyrie Irving was a #1 overall pick and was just 21-years old in his 3 seasons without LeBron. He was a 2-time All-Star and his scoring averages in his first two seasons were both the 4th highest in NBA history for a 19 and 20-year old. While he wasn't there yet, it was very clear he was on his way to being a special player and we've seen that in these past two Finals. He's still just 25-years old.

Kevin Love was a franchise player in Minnesota. He wasn't a LeBron level franchise player, of course, but there's also a reason why he finished 6th in MVP voting, was a 2-time 2nd Team All-NBA and a 3-time All-Star by the age of 25. There's also a reason why they went from 40 to 16 wins when they traded him.

So when you look at a roster like Cleveland's you have three players that you could theoretically build around, otherwise called franchise players. Love didn't have a ton of success but he also didn't have a ton around him either. Kyrie was a pup surrounded by pups, hardly an indication on what he could be doing in that role.

Then you look around at other playoff teams. Who does Boston have leading their ship, for example? Isaiah Thomas, Al Horford and a collection of good role players like Bradley and Crowder. Thomas is a low end franchise player, IMO. On Love's level in Minnesota, at best. Horford used to be a low end franchise player but years of injuries sapped that ability from him years before he left Atlanta. Who are the 2nd and 3rd best players on a team like Houston? Eric Gordon and Trevor Ariza? Ryan Anderson?

Teams are lucky enough to have one franchise player, let alone three. LeBron is a legendary franchise player, Kyrie had the potential to be at least a mid-high end franchise player and Love was at least a low-middle. I think Love was better than Bosh in that role, for example. That unequivocally makes Cleveland a super team, IMO. They just aren't as talented as the super team that Golden State has haha.

While I agree with many of your points, we have to take a player for what he is, not what he was, or is in the future. Kevin Love, while at one time, was a top 2 PF, no longer is. Example.

JR Smith, while at one point, was a 6MOY candidate, no longer is. Example.

I get LeBron demands so much of the ball/playmaking, your stats are going to get hurt. But Kevin Love going totally ghost for long stretches, is not because of LeBron James. Deron Williams sucking up the floor, is not because of LeBron James.

We constantly hear, "It's because of LeBron", when great teams always get contributions from role players that either don't show consistency, or get the minutes. When LeBron gets this help, most of you chime in, "if it weren't for player A, LeBron wouldn't have won", and when they falter, it's, "well, LeBron takes numbers and impact away from players cause of the way he is". Can't have it both ways. LeBron is no different than Jordan, or Duncan for example. When they got contributions, they generally won. When they didn't, they generally didn't win. That is how it works.

I don't believe for a second that Minnesota Kevin Love plays for the Cavs, and I never got the Irving love. He led his team to nothing prior. He can score in bunches, as well as anyone. That is his contribution. Meanwhile, on the other side of the court, they face a team that has 2 way stars/all stars on it. Just not happening for Cleveland, or anyone right now.

Hangin n Wangin
06-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Surprise surprise. Lebron says something absolutely unintelligent, like usual, and the Lebron nut huggers come to his defense. Never gets old.

I guess when Lebron said "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6" he still didn't think it was a superteam. Just shut up and join another superteam next year.

ewing
06-14-2017, 02:28 PM

I get that they surround LeBron with ideal pieces to fit his skillset (ie, floor spacers and guys who can catch and shoot). However, these are NBA players. Either the front office, LeBron, or the coaching staff, need to do a better job of getting other guys to contribute without him, even if that is only for 12 minutes a game. They just have to. I have never seen a team fall apart so badly minus it's top player in my life, that was a contending team. If you want to blame LeBron for that, cool. Still doesn't change the results, which point to....a bad producing team when he sits.

that's fair but you can't say they dont do anything b/c they don't play well without him on the floor and then credit them for complimenting his skill set so well. The Cavs had a great offensive overall b/c of LeBron and these guys. Its not a flawless bench but....

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 02:39 PM
that's fair but you can't say they dont do anything b/c they don't play well without him on the floor and then credit them for complimenting his skill set so well. The Cavs had a great offensive overall b/c of LeBron and these guys. Its not a flawless bench but....

Yeah I mean it's a tough pill. Someone like LeBron, you want the ball in his hands as much as possible. But at what expense? It's beneficial for your offense to do that, but it wears him out, and it probably forms habits by his teammates to defer/find him if a shot doesn't present itself.

I think there are better compliments, ie, players who can not only shoot, but create for themselves and others as well. Alas, when you don't build a team through the draft, and do it FA style, or trade, you get less options when you are trying to fill out a roster. Vets who are past their primes are generally not going to be more than 1-2 dimensional.

What we really saw is, the Warriors are an elite defensive team that closes well. So the Cavs shooters didn't have anywhere near the freedom they usually have. Outside game 4, which was a mail in for GS, the shots just weren't falling, except for on fire JR in game 5. If you are going to live and die with that type of offense, and you run into a team that can get to the shooters, you put so much pressure on their 2 guys that can get their own buckets now.

The contrast in style was crazy. Iso ball/kick out just doesn't promote a bench that can be effective minus it's key catalyst. Where GS is just a frenzy of passing, cuts, ball movements, picks, etc. Once those guys were together long enough, it becomes easy for them. It doesn't hurt that they have all NBA players at 3 positions, and all star at another, and a finals MVP from 2 years ago coming off the bench haha.

The talent level disparity was obvious. To me at least. And yes, one way or another, the Cavs need to figure out how to stay stable when LeBron sits.

Teeboy1487
06-14-2017, 03:17 PM
These kind of statements from Lebron drives me nuts. Really man? Not 1, Not 2, and Not 3..... rings a bell? Ugh its hard to root for this man for me. I respect his greatness though.

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 03:30 PM
These kind of statements from Lebron drives me nuts. Really man? Not 1, Not 2, and Not 3..... rings a bell? Ugh its hard to root for this man for me. I respect his greatness though.

That was a LeBron who finally got some help and got carried away. You can't find anything to criticize the guy after that Dallas series. Before that? I do understand why he brushed others the wrong way but on the other hand, he finally had help and really thought that would change everything. Can't fault a guy for playing seven seasons with trashcans.

GREATNESS ONE
06-14-2017, 04:11 PM

Great post, exactly how I feel.

Chromehounds
06-14-2017, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure what Lebron definition of a Super Team is, he needs to clarify. So 4 All Stars is a Super Team, but 3 All Stars with 2 in the prime including himself as the best in the world is not a Super Team. Where's a face-palm when you need one! :)

Chromehounds
06-14-2017, 04:27 PM
That was a LeBron who finally got some help and got carried away. You can't find anything to criticize the guy after that Dallas series. Before that? I do understand why he brushed others the wrong way but on the other hand, he finally had help and really thought that would change everything. Can't fault a guy for playing seven seasons with trashcans.

Are you kidding me? Lebron was so proud of himself putting together this Super Team, that he had his own TV specials bringing his talent to Miami. Then went on the not 1...not 2....proclamation. Yeah, I would say he believed then that he had a Super Team, a Super Team that no one can defeat! lol

Just thought of something, can you think of a Super Star that make a fool out of himself more than LeBron? I can't think of one at the moment. :0

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 04:30 PM

Yeah, why are we faulting people for getting caught in the moment and getting carried away and going a little overboard? Some people just can't look past hat one moment of self indulgence.

😗😗😗😗😗

Teeboy1487
06-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Lebron getting carried away or not is besides the point. The point is, he stated he never played on a super team. Every logical basketball can see the Miami Heat through 2011-2015 were a Super Team. 3 Allstars on one team paired with some of the best shooters in recent NBA history like Mike Miller, Ray Allen, and even on of the smartest defenders of all time in Shane Battier. The Heat simply underachieved. They had no business losing to the Mavericks that year. My argument is simple. Lebron did infact play on a super team in his career. Him stating otherwise makes him delusional especially considering his OTT declaration of 7 championships. Deep down, he knew this Heat team would win championships. Everyone knew. When 3 all stars in their prime come together, there will be success barring injuries.

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Are you kidding me? Lebron was so proud of himself putting together this Super Team, that he had his own TV specials bringing his talent to Miami. Then went on the not 1...not 2....proclamation. Yeah, I would say he believed then that he had a Super Team, a Super Team that no one can defeat! lol

Just thought of something, can you think of a Super Star that make a fool out of himself more than LeBron? I can't think of one at the moment. :0

The way LeBron has conducted himself, everyone has been following. Just look at all these individuals starting to be "business-like." That was never the case. All these superstars are now trying to get into their own ventures. And you seriously can't find anything negative about the guy since the Dallas series. Hell, you can't find any athlete 16 years old to 32 who has conducted themselves the way LeBron has. If the worst thing you can find is that he went on national TV to say not 1, not 2, not 3, then he's done darn well. Sure as heck beats rape charges.

One Nut Kruk
06-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Lmao lay off his jock for a few minutes. This is getting unhealthy

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Lmao lay off his jock for a few minutes. This is getting unhealthy

Oh, the irony.

L8kers4life
06-14-2017, 07:00 PM
LeBron, and who else? Just curious. A franchise guy wins more 30-40% of his games as the man. That goes back to "superstar". The term gets chucked around so frequently. Real superstars make a bad team good. Love/Irving have never been superstars, or, franchise players.

Please don't tell me you are grouping in Deron Williams as the 4th "franchise player"

So what I am getting is, LeBron is the most selfish star in history, it's impossible to put anything around him that works for him, and can produce unless he is on the floor, controlling the ball. Correct? Can't be done...that is, get some players that don't hemorrhage leads the moment he is out or sitting a game. Right?

No I mean LeBron is the GM of this team, he wants players on his team that fit his style and that will accept a roll where they all compliment him. He asked for D will, Korver, JR Smith, TT, he forced the team to trade for Klove, this are moves he orchestrated.

Everyone who plays with LeBron takes a back seat. He has to make every play. If Cleveland would have moved the ball more that could have had a better chance. But since every play has to go through LeBron basically no one on the Cavs is capable of making a play for themselves. As good as LeBron is, Korver, Dwill, Klove, looked out of place with LeBron, he makes good players look average, and make average players look better, it's really strange and something I have never seen.

One Nut Kruk
06-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Oh, the irony.

Oh, are you on Lebron's balls enough to also think there is not another athlete on the planet who has never had a timeout?

The defenders blinders are too much.

Silent
06-14-2017, 08:01 PM

couldn't have said it better

D-Leethal
06-14-2017, 08:06 PM

My belief is that LeBron is so ball dominant and his style of play really lends his teammates to being stand still kickout players that when he is off the court for stretches his teams don't know how to flip the switch to motion basketball - which is how all teams without supreme downhill talents like LeBron, Harden and Westbrook should play to maximize their talent. I think if LeBron vanished and the Cavs revamped their identity and system around a LeBron-less team they would be much better than the LeBron-less team you see when LeBron sits for a few minutes here and there. It's harder to flip the switch to LeBron-less basketball midgame and switch it right back on a few minutes later.

When LeBron was in Miami, Wade and Bosh's game took a hit and I'm sure that team was horrible when LeBron was off the court. But when LeBron left and they revamped their system and identity and were a game away from the ECF. I think you would see seomthing similiar if Cleveland was forced to play without him for a season.

D-Leethal
06-14-2017, 08:09 PM
That is part of the beauty of a SAS or GSW system, guys come in, guys go out, but the secret sauce remains the same. There is no change in what they do or how they play off eachother. The difference between building around a player and building around a system.

alkalinesolo
06-14-2017, 08:36 PM

So the Warriors aren't a Super team.

Bostonjorge
06-14-2017, 08:55 PM
James has also never lost to a super team.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Oh, are you on Lebron's balls enough to also think there is not another athlete on the planet who has never had a timeout?

No, I'm not.

The defenders blinders are too much.

Oh, the irony.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 09:23 PM
James has also never lost to a super team.

Lol whaaaaaat?

b0nk
06-14-2017, 09:46 PM
LeBron: "This is my real hairline"

One Nut Kruk
06-14-2017, 09:49 PM
No, I'm not.

Oh, the irony.

Then let me know what is so ironic. Especially since I'm not defending anybody.

Scoots
06-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Yeah I mean it's a tough pill. Someone like LeBron, you want the ball in his hands as much as possible. But at what expense? It's beneficial for your offense to do that, but it wears him out, and it probably forms habits by his teammates to defer/find him if a shot doesn't present itself.

I think there are better compliments, ie, players who can not only shoot, but create for themselves and others as well. Alas, when you don't build a team through the draft, and do it FA style, or trade, you get less options when you are trying to fill out a roster. Vets who are past their primes are generally not going to be more than 1-2 dimensional.

What we really saw is, the Warriors are an elite defensive team that closes well. So the Cavs shooters didn't have anywhere near the freedom they usually have. Outside game 4, which was a mail in for GS, the shots just weren't falling, except for on fire JR in game 5. If you are going to live and die with that type of offense, and you run into a team that can get to the shooters, you put so much pressure on their 2 guys that can get their own buckets now.

The contrast in style was crazy. Iso ball/kick out just doesn't promote a bench that can be effective minus it's key catalyst. Where GS is just a frenzy of passing, cuts, ball movements, picks, etc. Once those guys were together long enough, it becomes easy for them. It doesn't hurt that they have all NBA players at 3 positions, and all star at another, and a finals MVP from 2 years ago coming off the bench haha.

The talent level disparity was obvious. To me at least. And yes, one way or another, the Cavs need to figure out how to stay stable when LeBron sits.

This ... except to me judging the talent indepentan of the system they play in is fraught with mistakes. We all know good players on bad teams put up much better numbers than their talent is really worth ... LeBron is SO good that he has the opposite effect on even good players he's playing with ... their stats are sometimes worse than their talent.

ewing
06-14-2017, 10:27 PM
My belief is that LeBron is so ball dominant and his style of play really lends his teammates to being stand still kickout players that when he is off the court for stretches his teams don't know how to flip the switch to motion basketball - which is how all teams without supreme downhill talents like LeBron, Harden and Westbrook should play to maximize their talent. I think if LeBron vanished and the Cavs revamped their identity and system around a LeBron-less team they would be much better than the LeBron-less team you see when LeBron sits for a few minutes here and there. It's harder to flip the switch to LeBron-less basketball midgame and switch it right back on a few minutes later.

When LeBron was in Miami, Wade and Bosh's game took a hit and I'm sure that team was horrible when LeBron was off the court. But when LeBron left and they revamped their system and identity and were a game away from the ECF. I think you would see seomthing similiar if Cleveland was forced to play without him for a season.

I think this year it was largely by design. The Cavs team was a bit of a gimmick. They said f you, you're going to play Green at center we are going to play Bron at center and surround him with shooters. They tried to get a little versatility for the team by adding Williams and the old bucks center late but they were built to max LeBron. They did, it wasn't enough

Saddletramp
06-15-2017, 12:08 AM
Then let me know what is so ironic. Especially since I'm not defending anybody.

You've been attacking a guy and then saying others need to lay off complimenting him. Multiple threads. You're either becoming one of those people or you always were one of those people.

One Nut Kruk
06-15-2017, 12:39 AM
Oh, the irony.

Saddletramp
06-15-2017, 01:30 AM
Oh, the irony.

Seriously, though, people just can't wait to kick on Lebron. Whether it be because of The Decision, Kobe lovers, the weak East, coming back to Cleveland, his whining, his flopping, GS, him being ranked near or at Jordan's level, whatever the reason, people just love to ***** about him. I cared about him pre-2010 about as much as I care about Gordon Hayward now, great player but as long as he's not carving up my team, I didn't care for or against him. But all of the grief Lebron got really made me appreciate him more and now, I tend to stick up for the guy. It's weird to say, but it's like sticking up to bullies when they're picking on someone. Usually the bully picks on someone weaker or so but in this case, that variable is that he's not here to defend himself. So that's why I feel like I do sometimes..

I've taken shots at KD this year (after him being one of my favorite players up to this time last year) and Draymond but that's because one ruined something I really like (a competitive NBA) and one is a straight up ******* who......we all know what he does. It seems like people pick on Lebron for being very, very good mostly. Wanna complain about a flop of his? Ok. Wanna say he's wrong about himself saying he's not on a super team? I've already agreed to that. Him ghosting against the Mavs? Yeah, he did. Want to **** on him for 3-5 or the Decision? Let's argue.

Kyben36
06-15-2017, 02:12 AM
sorry. but if LeBron does not think he has been on a super team. he just think very little of himself. I'm sorry. but when you have two all nba first team players in wade and LeBron. add an all-star pf in bosh. I mean. what more do you need for super. does Kobe have to be 3rd wheel for you to consider yourself supper.

Hangtime
06-15-2017, 02:20 AM
Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not4 etc etc......

He said that **** because he thought they were an unstoppable unbeatable juggernaut that would take the league by storm. Just like many other people did when they formed. He knew once they got past Boston a championship was inevitable.

Bostonjorge
06-15-2017, 02:59 AM
James wanted this Cavs team the way it was built. James don't want bigs who can rebound and block shots but can't shot. James wanted Kover. James wants Jefferson who can pretend to be a big but stretch the floor on offense. If you can't shoot you can't play. Look at Larry Sanders. Cavs found no use of his shot blocking because of his shooting range.

This makes James the rim protector of the team. Now in the east James protected that rim and rebounded like a great big. James challenged everyone at the rim and won. Against GS James abandoned protecting the rim. Iggy's best plays was attacking the rim and James moving out the way. Even Curry was attacking the rim against James. Bigs like McGee who are not that good would challenge every shot even if it's James attacking. McGee can't shot so that means no playing time for Cleveland.

Even now I hear trades revolving around more shooters or SF who can stretch the floor and Cavs would use them to play PF/C.

Saddletramp
06-15-2017, 04:51 AM
I hope everyone that disagreed with Lebron also chimed in on what Durant said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/durant-explains-why-warriors-not-a-super-team/ar-BBCH3x5?li=BBnba9I

Count Kevin Durant among those who don’t subscribe to the notion that the Warriors are a “super team.”
At the root of his argument is how Golden State was put together. Unlike other loaded teams that are built through trades and free agency, the Warriors became the class of the NBA largely through the draft. Many of Golden State’s players have vastly exceeded their draft day projections.

“First of all, if everybody wanted Steph, he would have been the No. 1 pick,” Durant said Wednesday of Stephen Curry, the No. 7 pick of the 2009 NBA draft. “A lot of people passed on him. A lot of people doubted Steph, saying he wasn’t going to be this good. Klay Thompson, he was just supposed to be this OK shooter in the league, like that’s what you thought of Klay Thompson when he came in. Draymond (Green), nobody wanted him. He was a 6-5 power forward. (They said) he couldn’t play in the league, he couldn’t start in the NBA.

“Shaun Livingston had a crazy knee injury. Nobody wanted him. Nobody thought that he would get back to being Shaun Livingston. Andre Iguodala, he got traded a couple of times. Nobody wanted him. A lot of people didn’t expect these guys to be where they are today. Super team? No, we just work extremely well together.”

Durant’s comments came two days after LeBron James took issue with the super-team label. Though he played with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami before teaming with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love in Cleveland, the 13-time All-Star reckons he has never played for a “super team.”

Man, you'd think he'd just shut up and enjoy his easy ring. Has to keep on making it seem like it was indeed the "hardest road".

FOXHOUND
06-15-2017, 05:13 AM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/durant-explains-why-warriors-not-a-super-team/ar-BBCH3x5?li=BBnba9I

Man, you'd think he'd just shut up and enjoy his easy ring. Has to keep on making it seem like it was indeed the "hardest road".

Yes, it's just as stupid.

GoferKing_
06-15-2017, 05:34 AM

Dayum, he is a weak character. LBJ too.

One Nut Kruk
06-15-2017, 07:36 AM
Oh, the irony.

Seriously, though, people just can't wait to kick on Lebron. Whether it be because of The Decision, Kobe lovers, the weak East, coming back to Cleveland, his whining, his flopping, GS, him being ranked near or at Jordan's level, whatever the reason, people just love to ***** about him. I cared about him pre-2010 about as much as I care about Gordon Hayward now, great player but as long as he's not carving up my team, I didn't care for or against him. But all of the grief Lebron got really made me appreciate him more and now, I tend to stick up for the guy. It's weird to say, but it's like sticking up to bullies when they're picking on someone. Usually the bully picks on someone weaker or so but in this case, that variable is that he's not here to defend himself. So that's why I feel like I do sometimes..

I've taken shots at KD this year (after him being one of my favorite players up to this time last year) and Draymond but that's because one ruined something I really like (a competitive NBA) and one is a straight up ******* who......we all know what he does. It seems like people pick on Lebron for being very, very good mostly. Wanna complain about a flop of his? Ok. Wanna say he's wrong about himself saying he's not on a super team? I've already agreed to that. Him ghosting against the Mavs? Yeah, he did. Want to **** on him for 3-5 or the Decision? Let's argue.

Dude, I was simply getting a kick out of the comment that no other athlete age 16-32 has conducted themselves like Lebron. Like really? C'mon. I don't care for his arrogant attitude at times but he also can be very likeable at times. As a player, amazing. There's no debating that.

Jeffy25
06-15-2017, 08:48 AM
Missed in this...."Durant says the Warriors aren't a super team, because nobody wanted them and guys like Curry were not selected first overall"

The **** kind of logic is that? So we're they better when they had Bogut?

Basketball players are dumb as ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
06-15-2017, 09:00 AM

they are both tools. everyone but the homers seem to know this

SteBO
06-15-2017, 09:12 AM
Missed in this...."Durant says the Warriors aren't a super team, because nobody wanted them and guys like Curry were not selected first overall"

The **** kind of logic is that? So we're they better when they had Bogut?

Basketball players are dumb as ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And with a title in a bag, it's only gonna get worse from here.....

Hawkeye15
06-15-2017, 09:14 AM

it's a double edge sword. There are what, maybe 1-2 other guys in history that you basically make them THE offense. LeBron's teams are better when he controls everything, that is easy to see. But there has to be a mix, or the right roster makeup, to make sure that at the very least, you don't drop off a cliff when he sits. It would help if he played with someone who could handle, and run the offense when he sits, but unfortunately, Cleveland doesn't have that guy, and that don't have money to find that guy, so it would have to be a diamond in the ruff..

Hawkeye15
06-15-2017, 09:17 AM
That is part of the beauty of a SAS or GSW system, guys come in, guys go out, but the secret sauce remains the same. There is no change in what they do or how they play off eachother. The difference between building around a player and building around a system.

it's also the difference between having a lot of Euro influx, and/or talent early on, and developing together. LeBron came into a pile of ****, and basically was given the ball and asked to do literally everything. That type of thing forms habits. It's as if LeBron has alllllllllll this responsibility, yet, he demands that responsibility, so I am not sure he can, or should complain at any point, even if his roster help has been meh at times.

I think a full time shift to PF, and getting the ball out of his hands to start possessions might ease him into a better decline phase. Ie, letting go a bit, and making his teammates form habits of responsibility outside catch and shoot only.

Jeffy25
06-15-2017, 10:30 AM

Sorry, didn't see you posted this when I shared it too, carry on :)

Athletes are dumb. NBA players are even dumber.

D-Leethal
06-15-2017, 01:23 PM
James wanted this Cavs team the way it was built. James don't want bigs who can rebound and block shots but can't shot. James wanted Kover. James wants Jefferson who can pretend to be a big but stretch the floor on offense. If you can't shoot you can't play. Look at Larry Sanders. Cavs found no use of his shot blocking because of his shooting range.

This makes James the rim protector of the team. Now in the east James protected that rim and rebounded like a great big. James challenged everyone at the rim and won. Against GS James abandoned protecting the rim. Iggy's best plays was attacking the rim and James moving out the way. Even Curry was attacking the rim against James. Bigs like McGee who are not that good would challenge every shot even if it's James attacking. McGee can't shot so that means no playing time for Cleveland.

Even now I hear trades revolving around more shooters or SF who can stretch the floor and Cavs would use them to play PF/C.

Did Tristan Thompson die or something?

it's a double edge sword. There are what, maybe 1-2 other guys in history that you basically make them THE offense. LeBron's teams are better when he controls everything, that is easy to see. But there has to be a mix, or the right roster makeup, to make sure that at the very least, you don't drop off a cliff when he sits. It would help if he played with someone who could handle, and run the offense when he sits, but unfortunately, Cleveland doesn't have that guy, and that don't have money to find that guy, so it would have to be a diamond in the ruff..

I'm not saying LeBron is at fault for being that good or the Cavs are at fault for designing everything around a an all-time great downhill playmaker, I'm just saying it seems like reality. LeBron is so good that his team builds everything completely around him and his playing style. When he sits everyone is like "what do we do now?" because he controls everything for 35-40 minutes a game. I think if he was gone for good, they would get much better at playing a different way without him. But while he is here, they are so used to playing off him that they don't know what to do when he sits for a couple minutes here, a couple minutes there, a game here, a game there.

I think that is why the triangle was so important around MJ and Kobe, because the system remained intact when those top tier ball dominant guys sat.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Did Tristan Thompson die or something?

I'm not saying LeBron is at fault for being that good or the Cavs are at fault for designing everything around a an all-time great downhill playmaker, I'm just saying it seems like reality. LeBron is so good that his team builds everything completely around him and his playing style. When he sits everyone is like "what do we do now?" because he controls everything for 35-40 minutes a game. I think if he was gone for good, they would get much better at playing a different way without him. But while he is here, they are so used to playing off him that they don't know what to do when he sits for a couple minutes here, a couple minutes there, a game here, a game there.

I think that is why the triangle was so important around MJ and Kobe, because the system remained intact when those top tier ball dominant guys sat.

I agree with you, what I am saying is, you can't just say, "Oh well". They must figure out a system, or the right players, to not fall completely off a cliff. It's not like they need a bench to increase the lead, maybe just not hemorrhage the lead away every time come playoffs against an elite opponent.

They could also try and run more of a non-isolation every single ****ing possession offense, which gets guys like LeBron/Irving tired. Going 1-5 most the game will do that...

NYKalltheway
06-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Excuses excuses excuses and corruption all the way. And this guy has people believe he's a top x player of all time (where x < 30 ffs)

First ring, shouldn't have even been to the finals as his team got pushed vs Pacers and Celtics. And Wade was the team's leader in the first 2 seasons no doubt.
Second ring, Ray Allen had to rescue him.
Third ring, the league had to deprive the Warriors of Draymond Green in a crucial time for the Cavs to be able to pull it off.

You can't be a champ and an all time great if you lose and whine all the time. Whines about his coaches, about his teammates, about opposition being too strong (lol), about the weather and about everything...

Lebron should have had at least 6 out of 7 as his team's undisputed leader and most important player to be able to receive the praise he gets in an all time context. He only managed 1 (or 2, based on who you ask) that way and that was still rather dubious.
Yet, we see a sore loser with a negative Finals record that gets hailed as a great in this era for no real reason other than 'there's no one else to praise'. Well, I guess it's probably time for Durant to receive the same undeserved praise.

Chronz
06-15-2017, 06:50 PM
I love when people say Bosh and Ray saved Bron cuz of that 1 play but ignore the totality of their games and lack of production. You let haters tell it and they will make it sound like that 1 rebound offsets Bosh going scoreless.

Chronz
06-15-2017, 06:51 PM
Excuses excuses excuses and corruption all the way. And this guy has people believe he's a top x player of all time (where x < 30 ffs)

First ring, shouldn't have even been to the finals as his team got pushed vs Pacers and Celtics. And Wade was the team's leader in the first 2 seasons no doubt.
Third ring, the league had to deprive the Warriors of Draymond Green in a crucial time for the Cavs to be able to pull it off.

You can't be a champ and an all time great if you lose and whine all the time. Whines about his coaches, about his teammates, about opposition being too strong (lol), about the weather and about everything...

Lebron should have had at least 6 out of 7 as his team's undisputed leader and most important player to be able to receive the praise he gets in an all time context. He only managed 1 (or 2, based on who you ask) that way and that was still rather dubious.
Yet, we see a sore loser with a negative Finals record that gets hailed as a great in this era for no real reason other than 'there's no one else to praise'. Well, I guess it's probably time for Durant to receive the same undeserved praise.

Look at the failures of the guys you have above Bron, they need FAR more excuses, mostly because they lacked the durability to stand the test of time or they lacked the ability to succeed to his degree.

Kevj77
06-15-2017, 06:59 PM
I agree with you, what I am saying is, you can't just say, "Oh well". They must figure out a system, or the right players, to not fall completely off a cliff. It's not like they need a bench to increase the lead, maybe just not hemorrhage the lead away every time come playoffs against an elite opponent.

They could also try and run more of a non-isolation every single ****ing possession offense, which gets guys like LeBron/Irving tired. Going 1-5 most the game will do that...Running that much Iso creates bad habits from role players too. They can get in the habit of standing around and watching LeBron/Irvin waiting at the 3 point line for them to kick it out. Then when they sit there is no system in place to create shots for players that can't create their own shot like LeBron and Irvin can.

NYKalltheway
06-15-2017, 07:05 PM
Look at the failures of the guys you have above Bron, they need FAR more excuses, mostly because they lacked the durability to stand the test of time or they lacked the ability to succeed to his degree.

They actually have proper excuses. Such as league parity for starters.
I'm not the one claiming that Lebron is an all time top 5-10-15 player. By the same logic, Bill Russell is probably Top 3 at worst.

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2017, 07:17 PM
LOLz at all these ***** *** fools in the NBA

More-Than-Most
06-15-2017, 07:21 PM
I love when people say Bosh and Ray saved Bron cuz of that 1 play but ignore the totality of their games and lack of production. You let haters tell it and they will make it sound like that 1 rebound offsets Bosh going scoreless.

but when kerr hit the big 3 or horry etc etc etc it was irrelevant because Jordan/Kobe etc... that is why i didnt even respond to his post because it has no weight and just screams i hate james.... his arguments are both sad and lazy and that is the same type of logic that the same haters use... i am surprised some havent used players opinions already as their other end all be all.

Screams of parity but ignores how easy Jordan had it in the finals compared to lebron.

FlashBolt
06-15-2017, 07:21 PM

I found the grandpa who still can't let go of the 80's. Can you tell me stories of when you could get a slice of pizza for a dolla?

FlashBolt
06-15-2017, 07:24 PM
They actually have proper excuses. Such as league parity for starters.
I'm not the one claiming that Lebron is an all time top 5-10-15 player. By the same logic, Bill Russell is probably Top 3 at worst.

You're the ONLY one NOT claiming LeBron is a top 5-10 player. Top 15? Lmao, give me your list. let me guess: Jerry West is above LeBron.

FlashBolt
06-15-2017, 07:27 PM

"Ray Allen had to rescue him." Why bother speaking to someone who really thinks this? Like, why was Ray Allen there for? The only reason they signed Allen was to knock down timely threes. It's not for his defense or ability to create plays. I'm not sure what they thought was going to happen. Should Ray Allen have just sat there on the court and watch LeBron make every play? He's an NBA player who is employed to make threes when needed. But oh no, LeBron had help and was "rescued."

I love how he also makes excuses for every fault LeBron has had but won't mention how LeBron had to play with Delly as his 2nd best player in the 2015 Finals due to injuries sustained on his team. But hey, Draymond Green getting suspended for ONE game was the reason LeBron and Cavs won THREE straight games in a row.

Logic just flows through his brain. There are two types of people in the world: Those that respect and admire a great player like LeBron and then those who are jealous and have nothing better but to spite those who succeed at their field.

effen5
06-16-2017, 10:30 AM
I wonder if he realizes his current team is a super team

PayDaPiper
06-16-2017, 10:45 AM
This tweet :laugh:

https://twitter.com/Med2Cold/status/874491237293846528

GREATNESS ONE
06-16-2017, 11:01 AM
This tweet :laugh:

https://twitter.com/Med2Cold/status/874491237293846528

Bahahahahah classic!

WestCoastSportz
06-16-2017, 01:31 PM
This is my take on a "super team." Super teams are put together, not built. If a team drafts 3/4 of their key players, can that still be considered a super team? James, Bosh and Wade all took $2.5M less each year in order to be able to all sign on the same team. Thats a super team.

The Warriors drafted Curry, Thompson and Green in the 2nd round. They built a championship team and added the 3rd best player in the league in Durant. But the foundation of the Warriors are still Curry, Thompson and Green. And none of them were the #1 overall picks like Lebron and Irving. Tristan Thompson was a 4th overall pick and Kevin Love a 5th pick.

You take Thompson and put him on another team, he may not be the best player on that team. You take Draymond and put him on another team and he won't be the best player on that team. At the time, Bosh was the one of the best PFs in the game at his prime. Dwayne Wade was one of the best SGs and we all know Lebron.

The Warriors aren't a super team. They're a well coached team with great chemistry. If you add up the talent, they're not the most talented team in the league.

Scoots
06-16-2017, 02:17 PM
I don't think the rosters around LeBron have failed him as much as the coaches he's had. Particularly early in his career.

LeBron is amazing and is an all-time great. Anybody who says otherwise isn't really paying attention.

But LeBron as a person and as a teammate has some issues ... but it's also not like there were not MAJOR issues with MJ as a person and as a teammate.

CTCUBBIES
06-16-2017, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Hawkeye15;31679289]LeBron, and who else? Just curious. A franchise guy wins more 30-40% of his games as the man. That goes back to "superstar". The term gets chucked around so frequently. Real superstars make a bad team good. Love/Irving have never been superstars, or, franchise players.

Neither have Green or Klay. If you substitute either one of them on Irving's Cavs or Love's Timberwolves they are no better (in fact I think both teams would be a good amount worse since Klay and Green could not provide the offensive void left by Irving and Love).

Either it is Durant and Curry versus Lebron as franchise players / superstars or it is Durant / Curry / Green / Klay versus Lebron / Irving / Love. In either case the Warriors have a big edge.

Also this argument is semantics only really. We used to call these teams "Big 3's." Five or six years ago I can't remember anyone calling teams "Superteams." If Lebron's definition of "Superteam" is "Big 3" plus a fourth superstar then he really isn't wrong.

flea
06-16-2017, 08:12 PM
Lebron's a real comedian. I'd pay to see his straight-man routine with Draymond Green. Unfortunately, I wouldn't pay to see their NBA teams play.

Jamiecballer
06-16-2017, 09:33 PM
i'm not sure i could ever classify any of the Lebron James teams superteams. Miami was close. This Cavs team is definitely not. He's doing his best work now, for sure.

Heediot
06-17-2017, 07:52 AM
Way to throw your homies Wade and Bosh under the bus.

Romeo Naes
06-17-2017, 08:06 AM
He also said only Jesus or Shaq could guard him in the post in his prime. I wouldn't take anything he says after a loss at face value lol.

Heediot
06-17-2017, 08:18 AM
To determine the quality of the teams around LeBron you need to look at what the players were able to do before LeBron was around.

LeBron loves this narrative that the teams he's dragged to the finals year after year were not great teams. Well they were not great teams, but they were very very talented teams for the most part. The issue is that LeBron plays the way he plays and that doesn't leave much room for others to shine.

$$$$$

Love was considered a top 10 guy. Arguably the top PF in the L.

Irving was considered a star on the rise.

Bosh was a legit all-star, putting up 20-10 easily.

Wade was a MVP candidate.

da ThRONe
06-17-2017, 08:32 AM
$$$$$

Love was considered a top 10 guy. Arguably the top PF in the L.

Irving was considered a star on the rise.

Bosh was a legit all-star, putting up 20-10 easily.

Wade was a MVP candidate.

Love and Irving depending on who you ask are vastly overrated. Now Wade and Bosh were the real deal. And that's the only case for superteam that can be made.

Heediot
06-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Love and Irving depending on who you ask are vastly overrated. Now Wade and Bosh were the real deal. And that's the only case for superteam that can be made.

I thought Love was over-rated.

I think the level of individual talent on the Cavs is 2nd only behind GS. I can agree if it is not called a super-team, but even with over-rated Love, the talent is there.