PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's Finals Numbers

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 02:42 PM
First player to average a Triple Double over the Finals

33.6/12.0/10.0 on .564 shooting and .387% on 3

42.4 minutes per game, .630 TS%, 125 Ortg, 117 Drtg, 29.4 Game Score

He was a -6, while the Cavs were -34, which was the best +/- among all Cavs players min 15 mpg

This might be one of the best individual Finals performances ever, and they lost 4 out of 5 games.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 02:43 PM

He was a -6, while the Cavs were -34, which was the best +/- among all Cavs players min 15 mpg

This might be one of the best individual Finals performances ever, and they lost 4 out of 5 games.
He was amazing. Probably the 2nd best player in the Finals (just shy of 2nd best O rating among the key players), and that's saying something.

StriveGreatness
06-13-2017, 02:47 PM
I think Durant had a better Finals, but both performances were among the greatest of all-time

blams
06-13-2017, 02:49 PM
He was amazing. Probably the 2nd best player in the Finals (just shy of 2nd best O rating among the key players), and that's saying something.
He was hands down the best this finals

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 02:53 PM
He's amazing to watch. He's head and shoulders above everyone else in the NBA. #2 (Durant) isn't even close to him.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:55 PM
His numbers would have been better if he played for the Warriors. Think about that.

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Lebron was absurd. But he also gassed in several games. He can only do so much.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 03:09 PM

well, that is the style he plays though. Tons of isolation. The Cavs need to get some depth so he can actually rest more than 2 minutes without his team falling off a cliff.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:09 PM

no idea what this even means

goingfor28
06-13-2017, 03:17 PM
2nd best? :laugh2:

He was easily the best player in this finals

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:20 PM

Tredigs hasn't been a good poster for more than three years now. He's hitting borderline troll. Every time you try and "debate" with him, he has some stupid comment.

nastynice
06-13-2017, 03:22 PM

Statistically he was, but in 2 close games 1 player stood out in crunch time, that was KD. Lebron's the best player for sure, but I agree with the other guys, KD is the one who really did it when it mattered

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 03:22 PM
well, that is the style he plays though. Tons of isolation. The Cavs need to get some depth so he can actually rest more than 2 minutes without his team falling off a cliff.

Yeah, he sat a total of 27 minutes and were outscored by 28 points. Meanwhile, in the other 213 minutes, they were out scored by only 6 points.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 03:25 PM
Yeah, he sat a total of 27 minutes and were outscored by 28 points. Meanwhile, in the other 213 minutes, they were out scored by only 6 points.

yep. It's unacceptable.

But it just goes to show, a team needs to play perfect to have a chance, and even then, a 5 minute eruption and it's over.

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 03:25 PM

Meanwhile, the Warriors outscored the Cavs by 34. 33 while Durant was on the court

Durant played a total of 199 minutes. They still outscored the Cavs by 1 point in the 41 minutes he didn't play.

Imagine if Bron and Durant traded places. And this is affected by Durant playing with great floor spacers and not having to guard the best scorer on the court the whole time.

ewing
06-13-2017, 03:26 PM

Jesus what else do they need. Williams, Frye, Kover, JR, Shump, and Frye is a really good bench. The team is stacked. They went up against a more stacked team and lost

Hawkeye15
Jesus what else do they need. Williams, Frye, Kover, JR, Shump, and Frye is a really good bench. The team is stacked. They went up against a more stacked team and lost

then maybe they should have played....ya know.....good?

Jeffy25
yep. It's unacceptable.

But it just goes to show, a team needs to play perfect to have a chance, and even then, a 5 minute eruption and it's over.

The amount of points the Warriors can score in the time it takes me to go to the bathroom and get a drink and come back is ****ing incredible.

Oh, it was 28-24, now it's 42-26 and 3 minutes ticked off the clock? Neat

IndyRealist
06-13-2017, 03:27 PM
no idea what this even means

Now you're just trolling. No one else seems to have any trouble understanding.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 03:28 PM
The amount of points the Warriors can score in the time it takes me to go to the bathroom and get a drink and come back is ****ing incredible.

Oh, it was 28-24, now it's 42-26 and 3 minutes ticked off the clock? Neat

they remind me of UNLV back in the early 90's in college. That team was down 12-4 to open a game once, I went and took a crap, was gone maybe 6 minutes, I come back, they are up 36-16.

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 07:30 PM
6 minute craps, sheesh

Hangtime
06-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Thought Lebron was beyond incredible two years ago when he lost two of his main running mates and still forced a game 6 under worse circumstances. He was phenomenal last year too. Even the year they lost to the Spurs he had the Heat on his back with a hobbled Wade at his side. I see this guy getting back to the finals next year no matter whats around him. I don't think I have ever seen one man tip the scale as much as Lebron does for any team he has played on.

LOb0
06-13-2017, 07:39 PM

I'd happily trade away some of that stat padding for him to make a shot in the final 3 minutes of game 3

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Now you're just trolling. No one else seems to have any trouble understanding.

I just don't know the purpose of that.

"He can only do so much but he was gassed out."

What's it supposed to signify?

tredigs
06-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Tredigs hasn't been a good poster for more than three years now. He's hitting borderline troll. Every time you try and "debate" with him, he has some stupid comment.

Yes, what a troll comment that was to call his play amazing and only 2nd to a guy who was significantly better than him on the defensive end and put up 35/5/8 on a 70% TS as the Finals MVP over another player who put up 27/8/9 on a 62% TS and 126 O Rating. You're a petty, petulant clown. Respond to my comments with substance or stfu with typing my name.

nastynice
06-13-2017, 07:49 PM
I just don't know the purpose of that.

"He can only do so much but he was gassed out."

What's it supposed to signify?

That he carried a heavy load and got tired

Same as every year, never enough all stars on his team, never enough role players going 7/8 from downtown, never enough 20 rebound games from teammates. So he has to do it all himself, so much so some of his guys don't get touches for 3-4 min stretches, yet we're all confused as to why they can't get into their rhythm

LA_Raiders
06-13-2017, 07:52 PM
Hell of numbers 3-5

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 07:59 PM
That he carried a heavy load and got tired

Same as every year, never enough all stars on his team, never enough role players going 7/8 from downtown, never enough 20 rebound games from teammates. So he has to do it all himself, so much so some of his guys don't get touches for 3-4 min stretches, yet we're all confused as to why they can't get into their rhythm

You literally make no sense. Back to ignore you go.

tredigs
Relax, grandpa. I have the meds ready. Give me your address so I can get them to you before your veins explode.

I hate how stupid and unfunny you are.

FlashBolt
Yes, what a troll comment that was to call his play amazing and only 2nd to a guy who was significantly better than him on the defensive end and put up 35/5/8 on a 70% TS as the Finals MVP over another player who put up 27/8/9 on a 62% TS and 126 O Rating. You're a petty, petulant clown. Respond to my comments with substance or stfu with typing my name.

Relax, grandpa. I have the meds ready. Give me your address so I can get them to you before your veins explode.

nastynice
06-13-2017, 08:00 PM
You literally make no sense. Back to ignore you go.

lmao! You missing some gems!

tredigs
06-13-2017, 08:02 PM
And I'm younger than 'Bron :laugh:

nastynice
06-13-2017, 08:02 PM

Wow, being a bitter hater is one thing, but a lil loose with the personal attacks there huh

It's just a game, a bunch of overgrown men putting a ball in a basket. It's not something that should be affecting you that bad

nastynice
06-13-2017, 08:07 PM
And I'm younger than 'Bron :laugh:

I'm older, lol. Guess I'm gramp dukes :)

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 08:29 PM
Hell of numbers 3-5

Which continues to be the dumbest, lowest form of critical thinking stat to throw out.

Bron should learn to lose in the ECF so he can't negatively affect his Finals record

Conference Finals Records among these three:
Kobe - 7-1 (.875)
Jordan - 6-2 (.750)
Bron - 8-1 (.889)

Overall Playoff Series records
Kobe - 33-10 (.767)
Jordan - 30-7 (.811)
Bron - 32-9 (.780)

didn't make the playoffs:
Kobe - 2 (out of 16 seasons - excluding his injured seasons)
Jordan - 2 (out of 15 seasons)
Bron - 2 (out of 14 seasons)

Jordan's were at the end of his career, Bron's his first two years, Kobe's both in his prime.

Was injured:
Kobe - 3
Jordan - 0
Bron - 0

Played their early years with an all-time top 5 player in his peak?
Kobe - 1
Jordan - 0
Bron - 0

You see when the only numbers you provide are 3-5, then you are voluntarily and willing ignoring all of the context that is required. Like the quality of opponents in the Western Conference for Kobe, or the quality of opponents for Bron in the Finals. Or what years in their careers, or fatigue, or teaam mates, etc.

Basically, this isn't an individual sport.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 08:49 PM
Which continues to be the dumbest, lowest form of critical thinking stat to throw out.

Bron should learn to lose in the ECF so he can't negatively affect his Finals record

Kobe - 7-1 (.875)
Jordan - 6-2 (.750)
Bron - 8-1 (.889)

Kobe - 33-10 (.767)
Jordan - 30-7 (.811)
Bron - 32-9 (.780)

Jordan's were at the end of his career, Bron's his first two years, Kobe's both in his prime.

Was injured:
Kobe - 3
Jordan - 0
Bron - 0

Kobe - 1
Jordan - 0
Bron - 0

You see when the only numbers you provide are 3-5, then you are voluntarily and willing ignoring all of the context that is required. Like the quality of opponents in the Western Conference for Kobe, or the quality of opponents for Bron in the Finals. Or what years in their careers, or fatigue, or teaam mates, etc.

Your post is also irrelevant. There is no point in stating team records without context and getting into the series (hint: 'Bron has lead a VERY easy life in his East competition. There is no world where he has that record with even teams as good as the Heat + Cavs in the West).

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 09:06 PM

Kobe - 7-1 (.875)
Jordan - 6-2 (.750)
Bron - 8-1 (.889)

Kobe - 33-10 (.767)
Jordan - 30-7 (.811)
Bron - 32-9 (.780)

Was injured:
Kobe - 3
Jordan - 0
Bron - 0

Kobe - 1
Jordan - 0
Bron - 0

I'm waiting for a clown to mention LeBron plays in the East when if LeBron had played in the West, his teams would be naturally better. Like, okay, Kyrie and Love are two-all stars. Yet, are they all-stars for the West? Just how good are those two guys if they can't become an all-star in the star-studded West? Granted, less NBA finals appearances for LeBron but certainly, a better Finals record.

TrueFan420
06-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Here's the thing tho... that team is built to fit him. It's 100% built to maximize him. So when he sits or has off night/stretch of minutes the team suffers because their designed to do one thing... let Bron, Bron. They need to create an offensive system that benefits the whole team so their not useless when he sits.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Statistically he was, but in 2 close games 1 player stood out in crunch time, that was KD. Lebron's the best player for sure, but I agree with the other guys, KD is the one who really did it when it mattered

one guy went up against the best defensive team and the other guy went up the worst defensive team. This matters.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 09:38 PM
Your post is also irrelevant. There is no point in stating team records without context and getting into the series (hint: 'Bron has lead a VERY easy life in his East competition. There is no world where he has that record with even teams as good as the Heat + Cavs in the West).

except AGAIN for the 1000th time look what he did with the trash he had in cleveland.. had he been out west AGAIN he would have had a much better team.. Jordan played against **** competition with one of the best rosters ever

tredigs
06-13-2017, 09:46 PM
I'm waiting for a clown to mention LeBron plays in the East when if LeBron had played in the West, his teams would be naturally better. Like, okay, Kyrie and Love are two-all stars. Yet, are they all-stars for the West? Just how good are those two guys if they can't become an all-star in the star-studded West? Granted, less NBA finals appearances for LeBron but certainly, a better Finals record.

Yes, 26-28 year old peak Kevin Love was an All Star many times over in the West before coming to Cleveland (also an All Star this year and if he was still on the Wolves, an All Star in the West). Kyrie is better than he is.

If Lebron was in the West his teams would not "naturally be better". He's already on the highest-payrolled team in the league, and you can not just trow a 30 million a year player on top of a full roster. Want 'Bron on the Clippers? Cool. But you won't have Blake Griffin. Want him on Memphis? Awesome. But Mike Conley is gone. I assume you get the point.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Yes, 26-28 year old peak Kevin Love was an All Star many times over in the West before coming to Cleveland (also an All Star this year and if he was still on the Wolves, an All Star in the West). Kyrie is better than he is.

If Lebron was in the West his teams would not "naturally be better". He's already on the highest-payrolled team in the league, and you can not just trow a 30 million a year player on top of a full roster. Want 'Bron on the Clippers? Cool. But you won't have Blake Griffin. Want him on Memphis? Awesome. But Mike Conley is gone. I assume you get the point.

again the logic is utterly flawed and moronic... the cavs are the highest payrolled team because... wait for it.. they had no ****ing choice but to hand out max type deals to guys like TT because and again wait for it.. they had no other route of getting better or staying the same because they were near the cap as is. Kevin love is all of a sudden amazing???? Kyrie is all of a sudden beter than he is? Both guys are horrid defenders... Kyrie is a top 20-25 player no doubt... kevin love is garbage and a bad fit... kevin love was overrated like you and many others stated when he was putting up those empty stats on the wolves. Its basically lebron and kyrie and a whole lot of trash.... he would be much better being on any of the top 6 west teams if you add him and take away their best player because and wait for it... depth/defense... something the cavs lack horribly.

Oh wait... Portland and Utah are only great when you are trying to make an argument to save face for your team correct? You and several other warriors fans had utah and portland taking the cavs to 7 games lol... Put lebron on portland minus CJ... Or on Utah minus whomever you want and they are in a better situation without a 2nd thought.

IKnowHoops
06-13-2017, 10:04 PM

Throw him on GS, Curry is gone and they win it every year for the next 6 years no questions at all so what.

SirSkyHook
06-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Here's the thing tho... that team is built to fit him. It's 100% built to maximize him. So when he sits or has off night/stretch of minutes the team suffers because their designed to do one thing... let Bron, Bron. They need to create an offensive system that benefits the whole team so their not useless when he sits.

I think this gets lost and is an excellent post.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 10:14 PM
How exactly is a team built to fit lebron and not every other PG in basketball? He carries the ball up the court and can pass with the best of them... he has shooters around him.... welcome to every other team in basketball... the warriors are built for curry as well right? ball carrier who passes and has shooters around him he is just a better shooter himself... its quite literally the dumbest argument excuse i have heard.. lebron could fit on just about any team seeing as how he made the horrible fit between him/wade/bosh work and get 2 championships out of it.

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 11:41 PM

Is Love an All-star posting 17.0/10.0/2.2 on .426% shooting, .366 from 3?

That's basically Danilo Gallinari, who is not an all-star.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 11:54 PM

Yes, he was an All-Star who was mitigated because he faced the DPOY as his matchup.

Jeffy25
06-14-2017, 02:22 AM
Yes, he was an All-Star who was mitigated because he faced the DPOY as his matchup.

Those numbers aren't Love's numbers in the Finals, those are his numbers in the three years he's been in Cleveland.

The question was, would Love be an All-Star in the West right now. The answer is, not with the number he's been posting.

Love in these five games fwiw, was 16.0/11.2/1.0 with 2.2 steals and .388 shooting, .387 from 3

nastynice
06-14-2017, 02:43 AM
one guy went up against the best defensive team and the other guy went up the worst defensive team. This matters.

Matters in what sense?

nastynice
06-14-2017, 02:46 AM

This is a great point. As dominant as lebron is, his effect on stars around him is negative. Bring love to the Warriors, bring him into steph curry's offense, and I promise you we don't ask him to let his strengths and talents waste by telling him to park in 3pt territory

Curry is the ultimate team player

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 03:35 AM
Those numbers aren't Love's numbers in the Finals, those are his numbers in the three years he's been in Cleveland.

The question was, would Love be an All-Star in the West right now. The answer is, not with the number he's been posting.

Love in these five games fwiw, was 16.0/11.2/1.0 with 2.2 steals and .388 shooting, .387 from 3

HAHAHA, busted.

Sure about that? This past year was real close.

Lil Rhody
06-14-2017, 05:51 AM
Very funny to see some people who defend his finals record and say well I guess he should of lost in the conference finals instead are the same people who don't have Brady as the goat because of his two super bowl loses

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 09:28 AM

No, Love wouldn't be an all star if he weren't on a top seed team. The unwritten rule of a top seed having multiple all stars must be filled.

I find this "all star" **** so funny. There is a HUGE difference between an all NBA player, and an all star in most cases.

Love would be an all star if he were still a #1 option, but that would also mean his team is in the lottery.

One Nut Kruk
06-14-2017, 09:43 AM
I think his final letter is more important than his final numbers...and that would be an L

Jeffy25
06-14-2017, 12:35 PM
This is a great point. As dominant as lebron is, his effect on stars around him is negative. Bring love to the Warriors, bring him into steph curry's offense, and I promise you we don't ask him to let his strengths and talents waste by telling him to park in 3pt territory

I hear this argument from both sides of peoples mouths.

I hear Jordan fans say Scottie would score more without Jordan, the same fans say Love would score more without Bron.

Well of course, everybody needs touches.

But Kyrie gets his with Bron.

It's more to do with the player archetypes and their fits. Less to do with the affects of playing with others shooters.

I doubt Love would score anymore than Thompson in GS. They would be a reasonable swap. But I would prefer Thompson's on ball defense over Love's rebounding (personally).

BKLYNpigeon
06-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Only the numbers that matter in the finals are Wins.

Warriors 4-1

Jeffy25
06-14-2017, 12:39 PM
No, Love wouldn't be an all star if he weren't on a top seed team. The unwritten rule of a top seed having multiple all stars must be filled.

I find this "all star" **** so funny. There is a HUGE difference between an all NBA player, and an all star in most cases.

Love would be an all star if he were still a #1 option, but that would also mean his team is in the lottery.

Correct.

I bet Avery Bradley would be an all-star if he played for the Suns, Mavs or Pistons

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Warriors had three all-NBA players on one team. Cavs had one. There is zero chance Cavs have an All-NBA player outside of LeBron and considering some of you are saying the West is much tougher, how much does Love and Kyrie's production increase?

Firefistus
06-14-2017, 12:55 PM

Lul

You do realize that Draymond and Love play the same position, right? He would be up top the key waiting for a three pointer like Draymond, only difference is he hits them more consistently than Green does.

It's a matter of do you want a better three point/rebounding PF or Defensive and slightly less three pointing PF.

As for Curry being a "better teammate".

That must be why Lebron averaged more Points, Rebounds, Blocks, Assists. Had the same three point percentage at 41% from three, higher Field Goal % and .1 less steals per game in the playoffs over Curry.

That Lebron is a horrible teammate.

/smh

IKnowHoops
06-14-2017, 01:10 PM

Yeah because Klay was eating like never before this year. Absolutely none of his talents were wasted this year!!!!

nastynice
06-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Lul

You do realize that Draymond and Love play the same position, right? He would be up top the key waiting for a three pointer like Draymond, only difference is he hits them more consistently than Green does.

It's a matter of do you want a better three point/rebounding PF or Defensive and slightly less three pointing PF.

As for Curry being a "better teammate".

That must be why Lebron averaged more Points, Rebounds, Blocks, Assists. Had the same three point percentage at 41% from three, higher Field Goal % and .1 less steals per game in the playoffs over Curry.

That Lebron is a horrible teammate.

/smh

Green's post game is on par with love?

We used to ask our SF to camp at 3 last year. This year, we didn't. Diff skill sets for diff players means putting them in diff positions for success.

Lebron is a great teammate, but curry's style allows for others to get in rhythm and perform well. Lebron basically does the harden/Westbrook drive n kick.

Basically, it's the diff between having the best player on your team vs having the best team. I'll take team everytime

nastynice
06-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Yeah because Klay was eating like never before this year. Absolutely none of his talents were wasted this year!!!!

lol, wtf?
Klay was heavily involved in our offense all year. Did you not watch any Warriors games?

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 02:02 PM
Lol at these clowns saying Curry inspires his teammates when everyone knows Draymond is the most vital piece on that team. The rest are all sissies. Klay looks like he's going to go eat glue after the game. Kevin Durant hugs his teacup puppies after the game and Stephen Curry's daughter looks manlier than him. His effect on stars around him isn't negative. Unless you consider winning championships and elevating the stage to where they play is negative, you're right. Some guys can't handle the spotlight so they're obviously going to shrink. AKA, Kevin Love and Chris Bosh.

JordansBulls
06-14-2017, 10:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhr_NTADO_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819JgfV1otE

Good points on what would happen with the Warriors with Lebron instead of Durant.

Also Durant was the best player that is why he got finals mvp not to mention had a greater game score than Lebron for the series at that.

IKnowHoops
06-15-2017, 09:59 PM

Good points on what would happen with the Warriors with Lebron instead of Durant.

Also Durant was the best player that is why he got finals mvp not to mention had a greater game score than Lebron for the series at that.

Game score has been debunked. It doesn't mean you has a better game, just means you scored more.

FlashBolt
06-15-2017, 11:45 PM

1) I didn't watch the videos because let's be honest, no one knows how good the Warriors would be with LeBron rather than KD. Better? No, probably not. But LeBron was the only reason this was competitive. You put KD on the Cavs team and I'd put my house for sale that the Cavs wouldn't win a single game and Warriors blow them out by 30+ every game. You honestly think KD can create for RJ? When KD goes to the bench, all hell would break loose.

2) Durant wasn't the best player. He won the Finals MVP because they seldom (or practically never) give it to the losing player. You can't honestly tell me Iguodala was the best player in the 2015 Finals. And you can't honestly tell me that Kawhi was better than LeBron in 2014.

3) Shawn Kemp had a higher game score than Jordan in the 96 NBA Finals... wow, now that I think about it, Jordan sucked balls in his last three NBA Finals.

4th ring: 27/5/4 on 42% shooting? Uhhhh, Curry played better in 2015? 18.5 game score? Yucky..
5th ring: 32/7/6 on 46% shooting. 23.4 game score. Not bad but we've seen better. Much better from cough, LeBron.
6th ring: 34/4/2 on 43% shooting. 21.4 game score. Toni Kukoc averaged more rebounds and assists than MJ.. Yikes.. But hey, Ray Allen saved LeBron's career!

Thinking about it, imagine LeBron had those same Finals averages.. we'd kill him more it. Like wow, 34 points on 43% shooting and you ONLY grabbed 4 rebounds and 2 assists? That's actually a terrible game for LeBron.

But go ahead, JB. You're right, KD was the better player as evidenced by his Finals MVP and game score. Just like Shawn Kemp was better than Jordan in the 96 Finals. Go Jordan!

ODB13
06-16-2017, 12:25 AM
Game 3. LeBron's team was up 2 with under a minute to go. He had the rock in his hands. Could've iced it. Instead, as usual, due to his final minute happy feet, he kicked it out to a role player for a corner 3, who clanked it.

Durant to the ball down, squared up from the top of the key, and drained a 30 footer in LeBron's face.

At 3-0, the series was over. At 2-1, it's a completely different series.

He can put you on his back and blow a team out. But he's never had a killer instinct in close games at the wire. That was Wade's job.

Good case for #2 all time, but due to this, and due to his straight up quitting on his team in 2011 against the lowly Mavs, he will never have an argument for #1. Ever.

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 12:31 AM
Game 3. LeBron's team was up 2 with under a minute to go. He had the rock in his hands. Could've iced it. Instead, as usual, due to his final minute happy feet, he kicked it out to a role player for a corner 3, who clanked it.

Durant to the ball down, squared up from the top of the key, and drained a 30 footer in LeBron's face.

At 3-0, the series was over. At 2-1, it's a completely different series.

He can put you on his back and blow a team out. But he's never had a killer instinct in close games at the wire. That was Wade's job.

Good case for #2 all time, but due to this, and due to his straight up quitting on his team in 2011 against the lowly Mavs, he will never have an argument for #1. Ever.

I think we're mostly in consensus that yeah, he's probably the #2 ever. The way I see it, you're all trying to compare him to Jordan rather than respecting him for who he is as his own player. No one ever did this to Duncan or Kobe to a lesser degree. The only reason people compare him to MJ is because many of us have seen enough to believe he's the only guy capable of consideration. And you gotta stop with that Wade nonsense. It's funny you left Kyrie out of it and that's not by coincidence.. Kyrie didn't close, either. And Wade didn't close in 2011 so what job was that? Speaking of which, which NBA Finals game or series did Wade close in the Miami Big Three days? I'll wait.

nastynice
06-16-2017, 02:18 AM
1) I didn't watch the videos because let's be honest, no one knows how good the Warriors would be with LeBron rather than KD. Better? No, probably not. But LeBron was the only reason this was competitive. You put KD on the Cavs team and I'd put my house for sale that the Cavs wouldn't win a single game and Warriors blow them out by 30+ every game. You honestly think KD can create for RJ? When KD goes to the bench, all hell would break loose.

n!

If KD and lebron switch spots, both teams get significantly worse

Bostonjorge
06-16-2017, 02:58 AM

Second video had a great point. KD just plugged himself in the GS system. Letting the C(green)run the offense still and have Curry run thru screens with out the ball. KD just found where he could fit in on offense and defense. KD didn't ask anyone to do anything different. He made sure he was the one who fit and didn't make them fit to him.

Now with James in GS you can kiss Green bring up the ball and running the offense gone forever. Curry and Klay become stand and wait players. Iggy gets less playing time because of his shooting consistent troubles. Now the James offense runs better with shooters and GS has the best shooters but it's not as great as the Green offense now with Durant. Ball movement will always be better then a single player system.

Keep the great video links coming.

IKnowHoops
06-16-2017, 02:59 AM
If KD and lebron switch spots, both teams get significantly worse

No GS would be better.

Cavs would be worse.

Curry would be able to be full Curry playing next to Bron. Durant and Curry take away from each other the same way Bron and Wade did.

I can't imagine how dirty Lebron would be offensively if he had so little responsibility. People kill Lebron for passing to wide open 3point shooters. What happens when he is passing to wide open steph and Klay? Nothing bad

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:03 AM
No GS would be better.

Cavs would be worse.

Curry would be able to be full Curry playing next to Bron. Durant and Curry take away from each other the same way Bron and Wade did.

I can't imagine how dirty Lebron would be offensively if he had so little responsibility. People kill Lebron for passing to wide open 3point shooters. What happens when he is passing to wide open steph and Klay? Nothing bad

LeBron on Warriors would be "significantly worse." LMAO, these guys know damn well they would trade KD for LeBron if they knew Cavs would accept.

IKnowHoops
06-16-2017, 03:06 AM
Second video had a great point. KD just plugged himself in the GS system. Letting the C(green)run the offense still and have Curry run thru screens with out the ball. KD just found where he could fit in on offense and defense. KD didn't ask anyone to do anything different. He made sure he was the one who fit and didn't make them fit to him.

Now with James in GS you can kiss Green bring up the ball and running the offense forever. Curry and Klay become stand and wait players. Iggy gets less playing time because of his shooting consistent troubles. Now the James offense runs better with shooters and GS has the best shooters but it's not as great as the Green offense now with Durant. Ball movement will always be better then a single player system.

Keep the great video links coming.

No not at all. Bron would easily step in and play GS basketball. Anyone watch him in the olympics? All he does is pass dunk or lay up. That's all he'd do on GS. He would supercharge there offense by adding an unstoppable dimension lmfao. He wouldn't turn everyone into zombies.

nastynice
06-16-2017, 03:08 AM
LeBron on Warriors would be "significantly worse." LMAO, these guys know damn well they would trade KD for LeBron if they knew Cavs would accept.

Wow, not a chance in hell, lol. I value team over player..

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:08 AM
Wow, not a chance in hell, lol. I value team over player..

I guess you also value bad decision making.

nastynice
06-16-2017, 03:10 AM
No GS would be better.

Cavs would be worse.

Nope. Our team is so good because our TEAM is so good. With the Lebron drive n kickS our role players don't step up the way they do with our current guys orchestrating the offense

nastynice
06-16-2017, 03:10 AM
I guess you also value bad decision making.

No. I value a the gs juggernaut over the Miami debacle...

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:15 AM
It's obvious Warriors would be worse. Warriors need a shooter in LeBron to fully complement their system. LeBron can attack the paint to wide open shooters but they don't need Curry and Klay to stand there like bricks. Those two can score regardless - which is why KD's fit there doesn't disturb Curry and Klay's ability to actually score or impact the game.

The issue is this: If LeBron is the only guy we give a chance to beat this Warriors team, then if you swap him and KD, KD's Cavs ain't beating this LeBron's Warriors team. No chance at all. So while the Warriors may be worse, the gap of the best NBA team (Warriors) compared to the 2nd best team (Cavs) would actually be much wider.

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:15 AM
No. I value a the gs juggernaut over the Miami debacle...

Nice. You changed your original comment to something more stupid.

nastynice
06-16-2017, 03:17 AM
Nice. You changed your original comment to something more stupid.

Oh, let me clarify. Point being made is that I value an actual built team in which players complement one another over a mashup of high quality non complimentary talent

I forgot, gotta dumb it down sometimes. Consider the original post dumbed down...

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:20 AM
Oh, let me clarify. Point being made is that I value an actual built team in which players complement one another over a mashup of high quality non complimentary talent

I forgot, gotta dumb it down sometimes. Consider the original post dumbed down...

What you should value is the fact Curry got injured and wasn't confident enough in his health that he accepted that low contract. Otherwise, none of this works.

nastynice
06-16-2017, 03:22 AM
What you should value is the fact Curry got injured and wasn't confident enough in his health that he accepted that low contract. Otherwise, none of this works.

Lucky us! :) :cheers:

IKnowHoops
06-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Nope. Our team is so good because our TEAM is so good. With the Lebron drive n kickS our role players don't step up the way they do with our current guys orchestrating the offense

Lebron will always do what's best for winning.

Curry isn't the player he was a year ago. A lot of that is do to Durant being there now.

Saddletramp
06-16-2017, 02:48 PM
No GS would be better.

Cavs would be worse.

Not only that but remember how KD's defense has gotten better because he has better defense help in GS? Lebron can be a monster on D when he isn't gassed on the offensive end.

That and other points get lost in some of these haters. I can't keep arguing with some of these people. I've straight up ignored a handful of them and don't even read their idiot takes.

valade16
06-16-2017, 03:21 PM
Whether the Warriors get better or worse by swapping KD for LeBron (I actually think they get better), one thing is for sure: they'd be equally as unstoppable.

FlashBolt
06-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Not only that but remember how KD's defense has gotten better because he has better defense help in GS? Lebron can be a monster on D when he isn't gassed on the offensive end.

That and other points get lost in some of these haters. I can't keep arguing with some of these people. I've straight up ignored a handful of them and don't even read their idiot takes.

Well, these are the same people who probably called Durant a choker when they beat us last playoffs so it's not surprising with their bandwagon philosophies that they somehow ignore everything that has happened with Durant previously. I've been hearing how great of a defender Durant is. Do people even realize that he has zero responsibilities in creating offense for his teammates? It's almost like if LeBron's only responsibility was to score and score. He'd have so much energy he would actually find a reason to play defense. Back at OKC, I never saw KD play much defense. He usually just sat back and waited for Ibaka or Adams to defend the paint. Now, all of a sudden, some of you think KD has elevated himself as a Kawhi-type defender. It's embarrassing. The guy is not a great defender. He's a good team defender but then again, anyone playing for that Warriors team will play good defense. I can't name one guy on that team that looks like they can't play defense other than Curry.. that guy, wow. Like Stephen A said, Kyrie is drooling every time he sees Curry defending him.

Saddletramp
06-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Well, these are the same people who probably called Durant a choker when they beat us last playoffs so it's not surprising with their bandwagon philosophies that they somehow ignore everything that has happened with Durant previously. I've been hearing how great of a defender Durant is. Do people even realize that he has zero responsibilities in creating offense for his teammates? It's almost like if LeBron's only responsibility was to score and score. He'd have so much energy he would actually find a reason to play defense. Back at OKC, I never saw KD play much defense. He usually just sat back and waited for Ibaka or Adams to defend the paint. Now, all of a sudden, some of you think KD has elevated himself as a Kawhi-type defender. It's embarrassing. The guy is not a great defender. He's a good team defender but then again, anyone playing for that Warriors team will play good defense. I can't name one guy on that team that looks like they can't play defense other than Curry.. that guy, wow. Like Stephen A said, Kyrie is drooling every time he sees Curry defending him.

It's funny, I meant to quote you instead of IKH up there. And yeah, this is all getting silly.

Then again, these are the same people that think McGee is a great player. He plays for 6 minutes a game, let's see what he would do in 30 minutes a game.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2017, 04:15 PM
Whether the Warriors get better or worse by swapping KD for LeBron (I actually think they get better), one thing is for sure: they'd be equally as unstoppable.

I disagree... At least now with lebron on another team there is a tiny bit of hope that maybe they could take down the warriors... if lebron were on the warriors and durant on the cavs there would be no chance at all ever that the cavs would beat the warriors.

valade16
06-16-2017, 04:22 PM
I disagree... At least now with lebron on another team there is a tiny bit of hope that maybe they could take down the warriors... if lebron were on the warriors and durant on the cavs there would be no chance at all ever that the cavs would beat the warriors.

I desperately want to believe another team may beat the Warriors, but unless the Cavs get Boogie or PG without giving up Kyrie/Love then they don't have a shot either.

flea
06-16-2017, 08:09 PM
EDIT: Wrong thread. Good enough to lose, I guess. What a caricature of basketball - every game played in like the 120s. In the ****ing playoffs. You'd think Lebron would take it as an insult that his defense gets mowed through like Tiger Woods at a sorority social. But I guess not.

Chromehounds
06-17-2017, 12:04 PM
EDIT: Wrong thread. Good enough to lose, I guess. What a caricature of basketball - every game played in like the 120s. In the ****ing playoffs. You'd think Lebron would take it as an insult that his defense gets mowed through like Tiger Woods at a sorority social. But I guess not.

Wait! Are you implying the Cavs and/or LBJ play Defense?
LBJ gotta take care of his image, he would do a sneaked up block from behind but no bolas contesting a dunk, afraid to get posterized.

ewing
06-18-2017, 08:28 AM

6'7 centers surrounded by jump shooters is just a better brand of basketball.

nastynice
06-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Wait! Are you implying the Cavs and/or LBJ play Defense?
LBJ gotta take care of his image, he would do a sneaked up block from behind but no bolas contesting a dunk, afraid to get posterized.

Yup! :nod:

He too soft. He'll run away from the basket full speed before he gives anyone a chance to posterize him. Curry knows it too, that's why he danced on that fool, lol.

In game 5, lebron dunked that **** all over KD, cuz KD had 2 fouls (shoulda had his third on that play, lol) and couldn't contest the way he wanted. But KD don't care, he still jumped up and he still did whatever he could to bother lebron. Lebron would never do that. Knowing he can't contest how he wants, he'd just sit there and then blame someone else after the dunk. Haha. It's been his knock all along, and it's never gonna change

flea
06-18-2017, 03:24 PM
6'7 centers surrounded by jump shooters is just a better brand of basketball.

Hope the mods ban you around Christmas for this trollpost.

valade16
06-18-2017, 07:51 PM

Every game being on the 120's is nearly every finals from 1950-1990.

flea
06-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Every game being on the 120's is nearly every finals from 1950-1990.

Well that's not so. Showtime Lakers in a few Finals, a handful of other games in some odd series, but mostly games in the 70s and 80s were normal like the 90s and 00s (played from like 95-110). Regardless of final scores though, nobody would ever say the Cavs defensive performance this year was anything but abysmal - that the Warriors weren't that good either doesn't mean much when we saw 4 blowouts and one reasonably close shootout.

FlashBolt
06-18-2017, 09:42 PM
We've never seen anything like the Warriors offense. To try and deny that is stupid. Cavs played okay defense. It wasn't bad but they lacked the personnel to guard four elite players. Two of which are the greatest efficient offensive players we have seen. You can't honestly say Cavs should have played better defense when it looked to me that they tried but just couldn't figure out HOW. It's very difficult stopping the Warriors when:

Love can't defend.
Kyrie can't defend.

LeBron is 32 and has to play 45 minutes while carrying the offense so he can't chase KD around.

They played the best defense they could.

Jamiecballer
06-18-2017, 10:04 PM
We've never seen anything like the Warriors offense. To try and deny that is stupid. Cavs played okay defense. It wasn't bad but they lacked the personnel to guard four elite players. Two of which are the greatest efficient offensive players we have seen. You can't honestly say Cavs should have played better defense when it looked to me that they tried but just couldn't figure out HOW. It's very difficult stopping the Warriors when:

Love can't defend.
Kyrie can't defend.

LeBron is 32 and has to play 45 minutes while carrying the offense so he can't chase KD around.

oh i definitely agree. they got torn apart but they weren't going to stop them, they were going to need the Warriors to fall flat on their face.

valade16
06-18-2017, 10:16 PM
Well that's not so. Showtime Lakers in a few Finals, a handful of other games in some odd series, but mostly games in the 70s and 80s were normal like the 90s and 00s (played from like 95-110). Regardless of final scores though, nobody would ever say the Cavs defensive performance this year was anything but abysmal - that the Warriors weren't that good either doesn't mean much when we saw 4 blowouts and one reasonably close shootout.

What are you talking about?

Here is this season:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2017.html

The Warriors scored 116 PPG and 4 teams averaged over 110.

Here is 2011:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html

The highest scoring team only scored 107.5 and only 11 teams scored over 100 PPG.

In 2004 only 2 teams averaged over 100 PPG:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2004.html

1999 1 team scored 100 PPG:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1999.html

Here are all the teams that scored 110 PPG from 1995 to 2011:

2010: Suns 110.2
2008: GS 111, Nuggets 110.7, Suns 110.1
2007: Suns 110.2
2006: none
2005: Suns 110.4
2004: none
2003: none
2002: none
2001: none
2000: none
1999: none
1998: none
1997: none
1996: none

Literally 3 teams did it (Suns 4 times and the Warriors/Nuggets in 1 year).

In 1989 more teams averaged 110 PPG that season than did during the entirety of the time period you described:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1989.html

9 teams averaged 110+ PPG and the most was 118.

And that's not cherry picking an outlying season, here's the amount of teams over 110 by season along with the highest scoring team:

1988: 6 (116.7)
1987: 12 (117.9)
1986: 12 (117.3)
1985: 12 (120.0)
1984: 13 (123.7)
1983: 10 (123.2)
1982: 8 (126.5)
1981: 7 (121.8)

Every season in the 80's more teams averaged 110 PPG in one season than the entire NBA did from 1996-2011. They scored way more in the 80's (and 70's) than they did in the 90's or 00's. Scoring in that time was nothing like the 80's. Statistically the 90's/00 was the outlier period scoring-wise and the NBA this season is more in line with PPG totals throughout NBA history.

Wiltismyhero
06-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Don't think it's fair comparison if the rules changed. Like 3 in the key etc that made it really easy for big guys to dunk easily with high percentages. Not sure though just a guess. This current gsw talent wise is unprecedented with overall percentage and 3pt efficiency so comparing to 80s doesn't make sense anyways.

Steph, Klay, Durant, are offensive juggernauts given how they perfectly fit together.

flea
06-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Dog I'm talking about the Finals. The Finals. I don't care about regular season stats or record or anything.

And yes, I'm well aware that late 90s through late 00s is the best defensive era of the NBA. It's no coincidence that that era coincides with rules changes. No coincidence either that the 80s had the transition game opened up with the influx of talent as well as rules changes.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2017, 11:02 PM
I'd happily trade away some of that stat padding for him to make a shot in the final 3 minutes of game 3

But that's not a choice someone can just make. The fact is he's a bad shooter late in the game and is best as a distributor.

You're already admitting it is his weakness and then somehow criticizing him for failing at exactly what you think he is not good at to begin with.

It makes more sense to judge a player on based on how well they capitalize on their strengths and minimize their weakness. Whereas you want this unrealistic idea that a player should suddenly make their weakness into a strength.

Scoots
06-19-2017, 12:35 AM

Love can't defend.
Kyrie can't defend.

They had a plan and it worked (as in, it lowered the Warriors success rate) often enough, but other times they made fundamental mistakes. The Warriors defense vs the Cavs elite offense was better, but also didn't come close to stopping them.

Heediot
06-19-2017, 05:26 AM

Nobody was complaining bout the Bench untill the Cavs started losing in the finals lmao. The Cavs team has lots of depth. They were fire for the first three series from three and regressed to the mean at a bad time. And just because GS found ways to defend their three ball better then the other teams doesn't make the bench weak.

Heediot
06-19-2017, 05:28 AM

**** the numbers, Id bet if you polled people 75 percent would say James had the better finals. Durant was amazing too though.

Heediot
06-19-2017, 05:36 AM
Lol at these clowns saying Curry inspires his teammates when everyone knows Draymond is the most vital piece on that team. The rest are all sissies. Klay looks like he's going to go eat glue after the game. Kevin Durant hugs his teacup puppies after the game and Stephen Curry's daughter looks manlier than him. His effect on stars around him isn't negative. Unless you consider winning championships and elevating the stage to where they play is negative, you're right. Some guys can't handle the spotlight so they're obviously going to shrink. AKA, Kevin Love and Chris Bosh.

WTF, I don't see any fear in KLove. Dude is not used properly and his offensive skill-set is mitigated by playing with James. James makes role players better but his style of plays takes away from players who need more usage/volume.

ewing
06-19-2017, 07:15 AM
They had a plan and it worked (as in, it lowered the Warriors success rate) often enough, but other times they made fundamental mistakes. The Warriors defense vs the Cavs elite offense was better, but also didn't come close to stopping them.

why are we pretending either team played defense?

ewing
06-19-2017, 07:43 AM
Hope the mods ban you around Christmas for this trollpost.

if its not a permanent one they will wait for the ALDS, NLDS, and WS or football playoffs

Scoots
06-19-2017, 09:35 AM
why are we pretending either team played defense?

You didn't watch the series did you? There was a lot of trying, just not a lot of success in the face of top offensive players.

ewing
06-19-2017, 10:15 AM
You didn't watch the series did you? There was a lot of trying, just not a lot of success in the face of top offensive players.

you normally aren't very bias. right now you are. you're team outscored theirs. I'm not saying they didn't earned the victory they did but it wasn't b/c of defense.

valade16
06-19-2017, 10:41 AM
you normally aren't very bias. right now you are. you're team outscored theirs. I'm not saying they didn't earned the victory they did but it wasn't b/c of defense.

While I agree to an extent, the Warriors with all of their 'big 4' playing have been held to under 100 points twice all season. Nobody has been able to play consistent defense against them. Even the Jazz, who are one of the elite defenses, couldn't hold GS under 100 in the playoffs and GS scored over 110 twice.

Chromehounds
06-19-2017, 11:39 AM
What's with all the complaining about no Defense, scoring is too high in the Finals? Boo hoo hoo! You want low scoring go watch hockey or baseball, better yet, futbol... I think that's soccer. ;)
The Association has been crafted in a way that allows for high scoring, no hand check/guide. Duh! I guess some of you folks prefer to watch the Barkley fat ***** in the lane for 10secs before scoring, guess that's your cup of tea.
High flying for most of the game, then defense shows up at the 4 or 5mins mark at end of game. That's the template the Association has been using, and it's been successful. Me like it!

Chromehounds
06-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Yup! :nod:

He too soft. He'll run away from the basket full speed before he gives anyone a chance to posterize him. Curry knows it too, that's why he danced on that fool, lol.

In game 5, lebron dunked that **** all over KD, cuz KD had 2 fouls (shoulda had his third on that play, lol) and couldn't contest the way he wanted. But KD don't care, he still jumped up and he still did whatever he could to bother lebron. Lebron would never do that. Knowing he can't contest how he wants, he'd just sit there and then blame someone else after the dunk. Haha. It's been his knock all along, and it's never gonna change

Heck if you can find a clip of LBJ contesting a dunk, I can find 10 clips of him running a way from one. ;) The dude was gifted with size and agility, too bad, he's a weak minded individual.

Scoots
06-19-2017, 12:41 PM

I wasn't biased though ... I said both sides tried to play defense.

FlashBolt
06-19-2017, 12:48 PM
WTF, I don't see any fear in KLove. Dude is not used properly and his offensive skill-set is mitigated by playing with James. James makes role players better but his style of plays takes away from players who need more usage/volume.

So what happened in the Finals last year? You're telling me K.Love couldn't play better than that? What happened this year? There's a pattern that this guy can't play against the Warriors and that's when it shines the most.

valade16
06-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Dog I'm talking about the Finals. The Finals. I don't care about regular season stats or record or anything.

And yes, I'm well aware that late 90s through late 00s is the best defensive era of the NBA. It's no coincidence that that era coincides with rules changes. No coincidence either that the 80s had the transition game opened up with the influx of talent as well as rules changes.

Even the Lakers/Celtics Finals were very high scoring affairs. Here are the Lakers/Celtics finals games and scoring averages:

1984:
LAL | Bos
115 | 109
121 | 124
137 | 104
125 | 129
103 | 121
119 | 108
102 | 111
117.4 | 115.1

1985:
LAL | Bos
114 | 148
109 | 102
136 | 111
105 | 107
120 | 111
111 | 100
115.8 | 113.1

1987:
LAL | Bos
126 | 113
141 | 122
103 | 109
107 | 106
108 | 123
106 | 93
115.1 | 111

Now here is the Warriors/Cavs games scoring (and average):

GS | CLE
113 | 91
132 | 113
118 | 113
116 | 137
129 | 120
121.6 | 114.8

There's really not much difference scoring there. You can't complain about the lack of defense in this Finals unless you want to complain about the lack of defense in the LA/Boston rivalry.

ewing
06-19-2017, 12:56 PM
What's with all the complaining about no Defense, scoring is too high in the Finals? Boo hoo hoo! You want low scoring go watch hockey or baseball, better yet, futbol... I think that's soccer. ;)
The Association has been crafted in a way that allows for high scoring, no hand check/guide. Duh! I guess some of you folks prefer to watch the Barkley fat ***** in the lane for 10secs before scoring, guess that's your cup of tea.
High flying for most of the game, then defense shows up at the 4 or 5mins mark at end of game. That's the template the Association has been using, and it's been successful. Me like it!

I don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
06-19-2017, 01:11 PM
I wasn't biased though ... I said both sides tried to play defense.

They might have tried it wasn't much of a priority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
06-19-2017, 01:37 PM
So what happened in the Finals last year? You're telling me K.Love couldn't play better than that? What happened this year? There's a pattern that this guy can't play against the Warriors and that's when it shines the most.

If he struggles with the Warriors, cool, I can agree with that assessment. I just don't think he's a ***** that's all. I don't think he is shook of the big moment/stage, just my opinion.

Scoots
06-20-2017, 10:48 AM
They might have tried it wasn't much of a priority

Certainly not the priority the offense was true.

The Warriors were singling Kyrie and LeBron because they knew keeping the other players down would result in Kyrie and LeBron wearing down ... and they did. In the meantime the Cavs scored what looked like "easy" baskets. That said, in the first 2 games Klay Thompson held the people he was guarding to 17% shooting, and that was mostly Kyrie.

Also the pace of play meant that two elite offenses were going to put up more numbers regardless of the defense, and the faster the offense fundamentally the worse the defense will perform.

There was plenty of defense played ... it just wasn't what you were looking for.

flea
06-20-2017, 07:18 PM
There's really not much difference scoring there. You can't complain about the lack of defense in this Finals unless you want to complain about the lack of defense in the LA/Boston rivalry.

Yeah I know, I said earlier that the Showtime Lakers (greatest offense of all time) were the only real exception to teams scoring over 110 in the Finals. Cavs couldn't even hold them to Showtime levels of offense and they also got beaten badly whereas the Celts series were all close (and of course the Celts won in '84 on the back of Larry Bird and a hot gym).

Romeo Naes
06-21-2017, 07:58 AM
Impressive for sure. Might be one of Lebron's best finals ever. Though I feel Kevin Durant was the best player in that series.

Chronz
06-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Impressive for sure. Might be one of Lebron's best finals ever. Though I feel Kevin Durant was the best player in that series.

Curry was better

Greet
06-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Curry was better

Than LeBron and KD? Or just KD?

Romeo Naes
06-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Curry was better

Na.

Romeo Naes
06-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Than LeBron and KD? Or just KD?