PDA

View Full Version : Spurs to Court LeBron in 2018?

Nikeman
06-13-2017, 02:18 PM
Nothing is certain and this is just one person's thoughts, but rumor is CP3 may sign with the Spurs this off-season.

In 2018, LeBron could jump ship to SA. Kawhi compliments LeBron better than any superstar in this league. Would be amazing to see the top 4 players in the NBA in a series.

Sets up a potential CP3/Kawhi/LBJ big 3. LeBron also respects Pop and would play for who he termed is the GOAT coach.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-finals-free-agency-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-061317

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Kawhi is so good that it's a disservice for another star to take his spotlight. I don't want it to happen at all. Effectively means there are only two teams competing for the title rather than I would say, three as of the moment. No thanks.

YAALREADYKNO
06-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Good lawd. I just don't see bron goin out west tho

J-Relo
06-13-2017, 03:34 PM
That would be really nice to see, but not happening :/

Quinnsanity
06-13-2017, 03:41 PM
I can't imagine LeBron in San Antonio. For so many reasons. He didn't like his lack of control over Miami's culture. San Antonio's is more welcoming, but I think he prefers building culture his own way. The market is so small and he has no personal connection to it. The Lakers make more sense for his brand. I don't think he wants to be perceived as a ring chaser any more than he already is. I just doubt this.

kyubi256
06-13-2017, 05:38 PM
I don't think he leaves Cleveland again

Qwertys
06-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Would the spurs offer the amount of control he'd want? Would Lebron allow Pop to coach?

GREATNESS ONE
06-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Yea he's not coming to the West lololol please.

LOb0
06-13-2017, 06:42 PM
I think he'll consider this. If he gets trashed again next year, he goes to SA. LeBron and Kawhi? Good luck with that.

Bron has always been about going to the best situation basketball wise.

Bigdaddyburch
06-13-2017, 07:35 PM
Nothing is certain and this is just one person's thoughts, but rumor is CP3 may sign with the Spurs this off-season.

In 2018, LeBron could jump ship to SA. Kawhi compliments LeBron better than any superstar in this league. Would be amazing to see the top 4 players in the NBA in a series.

Sets up a potential CP3/Kawhi/LBJ big 3. LeBron also respects Pop and would play for who he termed is the GOAT coach.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-finals-free-agency-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-061317
Not enough. To match GS they need at least one more star. GS has way to much talent for a simple big three. Unless you have a line up that can just sit back and fore threes at will you wont even touch GS.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Scoots
06-13-2017, 08:11 PM
Let's just hope the Wizards, Celtics, Bucks, or someone takes a leap forward in the East.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Let's just hope the Wizards, Celtics, Bucks, or someone takes a leap forward in the East.

"Win-now" scenario I thought of for Boston:

1) Trade #1, Bradley to PHI for #3, Saric, 2018 LAL 1st

2) Trade #3 to SAC for #5, #10

3) Trade #10, Rozier, 2018 LAL 1st, 2019 LAC 1st to IND for Paul George

4) Trade #5, Crowder, 2018 BRK 1st, 2019 MEM 1st to CHI for Jimmy Butler

5) Release/renounce Zeller, Olynyk, Jerebko, Amir, Mickey, Young, Jackson

6) Stash Yabusele (#16 pick last year) overseas one more year. Bring Zizic (#23 pick last year) over.

7) This leaves enough money to sign one FA to a deal starting at $12,789,220 (I factored in roster space holds). My pick is James Johnson from Miami as a versatile PF that can move the ball, shoot and defend inside/out all sufficiently.

IT/Smart
Butler
George/Brown
Johnson/Saric
Horford/Zizic

Still have the room exception to spend. I like to leave it to a 9 man rotation though so that we always leave one of IT/Butler/PG on the floor with the other 2nd unit guys. I think Stevens can work wonders with that lineup offensively and there's mostly good to great defensive players there.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 09:40 PM
good i hope lebron or cp3 go.. it will be all kinds of fun seeing durant cry when the warriors get rekt.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2017, 09:41 PM

6) Stash Yabusele (#16 pick last year) overseas one more year. Bring Zizic (#23 pick last year) over.

7) This leaves enough money to sign one FA to a deal starting at $12,789,220 (I factored in roster space holds). My pick is James Johnson from Miami as a versatile PF that can move the ball, shoot and defend inside/out all sufficiently.

IT/Smart
Butler
George/Brown
Johnson/Saric
Horford/Zizic

Still have the room exception to spend. I like to leave it to a 9 man rotation though so that we always leave one of IT/Butler/PG on the floor with the other 2nd unit guys. I think Stevens can work wonders with that lineup offensively and there's mostly good to great defensive players there.

they could probably get okafor for peanuts... he could help alot on boston.

LOb0
06-13-2017, 09:45 PM

IT/Smart
Butler
George/Brown
Johnson/Saric
Horford/Zizic

That team is just good enough to get swept by the Warriors.

Silent
06-13-2017, 10:28 PM

:laugh:

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 11:28 PM

Haha yeah not a team worth going all in for against GS. It's just fun to let myself imagine that tradong for two top 15 players would be something to get excited about. Landscape of the NBA today BOS just gotta lay low and try to develop some young guys in a winning cults. Be ready to pounce in like 3-5 years. Sucks that guys like IT/Bradley/Crowder/Horford really have no shot of being around if we're ever real competitors.