PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Skipping White House visit

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2017, 09:53 AM
Don't mean to make the subreddit political, so the Mods are welcome to lock this up, but I do find this interesting:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/warriors-unanimously-decline-white-house-visit-per-reports/i7uecqAhFfD8e2pj8KAqKK/

The NBA seems to be getting increasingly political, and I have to say I like it. From LBJ's "I Can't Breathe", to the league itself moving an All-Star game due to anti-LGBT legislation, to the NB champions 'reportedly' (I can't find firm confirmation on this) skipping the White House visit.... it seems like players and the league itself are becoming politically active.

Thoughts?

Bosston
06-13-2017, 09:55 AM
Trump might be a bit too busy fixing Obamas mess anyway...

PurpleLynch
06-13-2017, 10:06 AM
I think they are entitled to do that. The meeting has just a formal relevance anyway and there's nothing that says that is mandatory. They wanted to send a message and they can.

PS: didn't want to get in politics because I live in Italy and I'm not completely aware about how things are going in the USA under Trump's administration, bar for the most striking news.
I can say as a foreign observer that internationally he's acting like a douche,both in his manners and his decisions, to a lot of countries except for Russia.
Even Angela Merkel said that the EU cannot trust the USA anymore like we did for all these years and we have to find a method to walk with our own legs sooner or later.
Imo he's screwing USA's image and that's all I can say.
At least in Italy he is seen as an incarnation of all bad american stereotypes existing, starting from that ****in' photo where he is eating that disgusting food from McDonald.

cmellofan15
06-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Considering who the president is and the fact that this team is made up 100% of minorities....makes sense.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Barring an impeachment odds are the Warriors will get another chance to visit the Whitehouse.

pacofunk64
06-13-2017, 10:30 AM
It should be removed anyways. Trump could likely care less and honestly I hope he states that.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 10:35 AM
I doubt Trump cares to meet with them either

Jamiecballer
06-13-2017, 10:46 AM
that definitely earns my respect. use your platform for something meaningful, even if it will go unnoticed by most.

chi-townlove1
06-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Instant loss of respect. Literally going over everything you or I believe. Anything they believe. This is the president. It's a tradition, not a requirement. Players meet with presidents they don't like for generations. Grow up, be men, be respectful, and go.

With that said, Mr. President doesn't give a flying ****. Let me be the first to tell you. In fact, he'll probably be delighted that he doesn't have to write this day on his calendar because it allows him another day to fix the mess that obama put this country in. He needs all the time he can be given.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Well this isn't remotely surprising. Curry and Kerr have been openly critical of the President.

ewing
06-13-2017, 10:59 AM
If i was invited to the white house I'd go even if I didn't like the President b/c seeing the white house would be cool. That said I have no issue with this

RowBTrice
06-13-2017, 11:01 AM
Interested to hear what Trump responds with. No way he takes this silently....lol

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Considering how many Warriors fans could lose health coverage under Trumpcare, I wouldn't want to be seen with him either. Not to mention how he's trying to hollow out the U.S. from the inside to bump up military spending.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Interested to hear what Trump responds with. No way he takes this silently....lol

2am tweet coming up

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 11:07 AM
"Coward" Durant, who by the way made the WEAKEST move I've ever seen in sports wouldn't be welcome anyway! Probably a loser Hillary supporter anyway. Sad!

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 11:07 AM
"Coward" Durant, who by the way made the WEAKEST move I've ever seen in sports wouldn't be welcome anyway! Probably a loser Hillary supporter anyway. Sad!

yeah but Trump flipped to Republican when he saw how easily he could win over there.....so....maybe Durant is a fan?

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2017, 11:11 AM

Nice recreation, but let's be clear that Trump hasn't tweeted (yet) about the Warriors blowing him off. I imagine he doesn't care, because the Bay Area is not one of his bastions of support. Cleveland on the other hand ...

Scoots
06-13-2017, 11:27 AM
If i was invited to the white house I'd go even if I didn't like the President b/c seeing the white house would be cool. That said I have no issue with this

A bunch of them have already been there.

DarkKnight
06-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Impeachment, that's one of the funniest posts I've read in a while ... who really cares.. there's more pressing issues going on

aman_13
06-13-2017, 11:30 AM
The Cavs probably wouldn't go either.

Big Zo
06-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Normally I would say "Just go, it's the White House, it's tradition, yada yada yada" but this a-hole is just too much. Just the sight of those hideous orange freckles is enough to make me wanna barf all over his face.

Sofnr
06-13-2017, 11:37 AM
How anyone can criticize this or lose respect for them baffles me. Regardless of each of our own political affiliations it's really none of our business. As a team they decided they don't want to visit this president. That's certainly their prerogative. They aren't obligated to. They didn't come out and give a long list of political reasons why or spend time bashing him. They just aren't going to go visit him because it's not something they desire. Seems fair to me.

Hawkeye15
06-13-2017, 11:47 AM
haven't some NFL players not visited the president? Who cares honestly

mudvayne387
06-13-2017, 12:06 PM
Can't blame them one bit.

Last thing I'd want is a photograph of me shaking this lunatics hand.

Sofnr
06-13-2017, 12:20 PM
There is something else to consider here also. With the crazy media storm that now surrounds anything involving Trump they are probably saving themselves a lot of grief by shutting this down quickly. They won't have to deal with all the media attention and questions that will be involved when they meet him. Those that truly despise him won't have to deal with putting themselves in that situation. They avoid getting into any polarizing political situation and having fans or detractors of Trump sending them hate mail when they speak out on him. They aren't going to the White House. As long as Trump can keep his mouth shut for a week nobody will care about this next Monday.

tp13baby
06-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Trump might be a bit too busy fixing Obamas mess anyway...

Trump is creating his own mess that has little to do with BO.

Good to see GS do this.

COOLbeans
06-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Barring an impeachment odds are the Warriors will get another chance to visit the Whitehouse.

Lets hope Trump makes a dramatic shift in personality and policy for that to happen

Muttman73
06-13-2017, 12:33 PM
This is stupid and it's racist.
People complain about the same **** they practice.
Athletes, like actors and musicians ought to stick with what they do best, entertain.
Leave the political crap at home.

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2017, 12:35 PM
yeah but Trump flipped to Republican when he saw how easily he could win over there.....so....maybe Durant is a fan?

Ouch. Next step is a meme of Durant in thick black-framed glasses reading Art of the Deal.

COOLbeans
06-13-2017, 12:36 PM
I doubt Trump cares to meet with them either

Where did you get your doubts? Trump doesnt like to get slighted, and the Warriors coming to the White House would be good attention for Trump, which is what he lives for. I highly doubt this didnt go unnoticed by Trump

Scoots
06-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Athletes, like actors and musicians ought to stick with what they do best, entertain.

What about it is racist?

MJNetsIsles
06-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Instant loss of respect. Literally going over everything you or I believe. Anything they believe. This is the president. It's a tradition, not a requirement. Players meet with presidents they don't like for generations. Grow up, be men, be respectful, and go.

With that said, Mr. President doesn't give a flying ****. Let me be the first to tell you. In fact, he'll probably be delighted that he doesn't have to write this day on his calendar because it allows him another day to fix the mess that obama put this country in. He needs all the time he can be given.

Well said. The warriors are losers for doing this.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 01:00 PM
You guys gotta realize that most of these individuals claiming to hate Trump actually don't really dislike him at all. It's become favorable to be in opposition of Trump to protect your brand. They won't be able to comprehend much, if any, politics at all. How many celebrities at the Oscar's actually hate Trump? Be honest, they're all for show. On one hand, they complain and complain about these issues but their net worth skyrockets.

LOb0
06-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Good. I'd skip seeing that moron as well.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 01:20 PM
You guys gotta realize that most of these individuals claiming to hate Trump actually don't really dislike him at all. It's become favorable to be in opposition of Trump to protect your brand. They won't be able to comprehend much, if any, politics at all. How many celebrities at the Oscar's actually hate Trump? Be honest, they're all for show. On one hand, they complain and complain about these issues but their net worth skyrockets.

Yeah it is wise to be politically correct. Much of the media we see today is based in Silicone Valley so it's not surprising to see a left movement. It's just smart business.

8kobe24
06-13-2017, 01:27 PM
I would go just to see the white house

Scoots
06-13-2017, 01:30 PM

I think they really do hate Trump ... I just think they hate him because they've been told to hate him and it's continually reinforced.

I don't hate anybody ... but I can't stand to watch/listen Trump, nor do I respect him as a man. I'd go to the whitehouse if asked but I would tell Trump what I thought of him so they may not want me.

Do we know the Warriors were invited?

aman_13
06-13-2017, 01:30 PM
I think they really do hate Trump ... I just think they hate him because they've been told to hate him and it's continually reinforced.

I don't hate anybody ... but I can't stand to watch/listen Trump, nor do I respect him as a man. I'd go to the whitehouse if asked but I would tell Trump what I thought of him so they may not want me.

Do we know the Warriors were invited?

That's a very good question. Remember Kerr has been openly critical of Trump and so has Curry.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Yeah it is wise to be politically correct. Much of the media we see today is based in Silicone Valley so it's not surprising to see a left movement. It's just smart business.

I'm not so sure it's true that Silicon Valley has much to do with that much of the media production ... but Warriors owner Peter Guber is deeeep in the entertainment industry so for him it's no doubt good business.

aman_13
06-13-2017, 01:33 PM
I'm not so sure it's true that Silicon Valley has much to do with that much of the media production ... but Warriors owner Peter Guber is deeeep in the entertainment industry so for him it's no doubt good business.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google is all based from there. I'd say they have a profound effect on the way we see news today.

LeonFSU
06-13-2017, 02:32 PM

Is this really something you care about? My question is, why is this a tradition?

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 02:40 PM

It's not just Silicon Valley but also the drive towards leftist ideals becoming more prominent. Markets are shifting their political stance towards that just like Target did by allowing transgenders use any bathrooms they wish. That would have never been the case a decade or two ago because it wasn't as left as it is today. If you actually sit down with some of these politicians, I think it would be a great experience just to see why they think the way they do. Regardless of how you look at Trump, he's not stupid. You don't become the president and win an entire election by being stupid. Refusing to go is their choice but I wouldn't turn down that opportunity.

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm not a fan of them being political, but whatever, they don't have to attend if they don't want to.

blams
06-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Good for them. Love it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

COOLbeans
06-13-2017, 03:05 PM
It's not just Silicon Valley but also the drive towards leftist ideals becoming more prominent. Markets are shifting their political stance towards that just like Target did by allowing transgenders use any bathrooms they wish. That would have never been the case a decade or two ago because it wasn't as left as it is today. If you actually sit down with some of these politicians, I think it would be a great experience just to see why they think the way they do. Regardless of how you look at Trump, he's not stupid. You don't become the president and win an entire election by being stupid. Refusing to go is their choice but I wouldn't turn down that opportunity.

Corporations are moving in that direction because the country has already moved there. The majority of Americans (in the millions) rejected Trump rather than supported him. It appears that there are even supporters that are having regrets.

It's good business to reject Trump

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Corporations are moving in that direction because the country has already moved there. The majority of Americans (in the millions) rejected Trump rather than supported him. It appears that there are even supporters that are having regrets.

It's good business to reject Trump

So what does your post say that I didn't say?

nastynice
06-13-2017, 03:24 PM
It should be removed anyways. Trump could likely care less and honestly I hope he states that.

Oh you must not know trump then. This is exactly the type of stuff that keeps him up at night, lol

nastynice
06-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Personally, I'd want to go just so I can give him a personal **** you to his dumb *** orange face, haha

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 03:35 PM

Best line I've seen in a long time. Good one.

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 03:51 PM
I gotta respect the Warriors franchise for doing this. Not surprising one bit but it's still nice to see people sticking to their values. Trump has been an absolute joke to the point that some of these NBAers have openly complained. To visit would be hypocrisy.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 04:14 PM

Most of them have already been there when Obama was in the house. Curry's a friend/golf buddy with him.

I am very glad they will be boycotting the visit.

tredigs
06-13-2017, 04:16 PM
Oh you must not know trump then. This is exactly the type of stuff that keeps him up at night, lol

100%. This dismissal of his seat will infuriate him.

PowerHouse
06-13-2017, 04:29 PM
If i was invited to the white house I'd go even if I didn't like the President b/c seeing the white house would be cool.

To you and me it would be cool as hell. But these guys all own mansions bigger than the white house.

LionsFan..LOL
06-13-2017, 05:02 PM
So long as nobody gets harmed I really do not care what someone does with their time politically or otherwise (generalizing here anyway). If they feel its wrong to visit the president then don't go, exercise your right to freedom of thought and speech.

J-Relo
06-13-2017, 05:23 PM
Don't mean to make the subreddit political, so the Mods are welcome to lock this up, but I do find this interesting:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/warriors-unanimously-decline-white-house-visit-per-reports/i7uecqAhFfD8e2pj8KAqKK/

The NBA seems to be getting increasingly political, and I have to say I like it. From LBJ's "I Can't Breathe", to the league itself moving an All-Star game due to anti-LGBT legislation, to the NB champions 'reportedly' (I can't find firm confirmation on this) skipping the White House visit.... it seems like players and the league itself are becoming politically active.

Thoughts?

Damn, are there still some space in the bandwagon? :D
They made the right decision. They voted and majority won. I do not see why public people should not state their opinion regarding politics or other matters important for the community.

nastynice
06-13-2017, 05:34 PM
To you and me it would be cool as hell. But these guys all own mansions bigger than the white house.

Yea. Baron ain't even ****in with the White House. I don't blame him, haha

MJNetsIsles
06-13-2017, 05:43 PM
I love Trump and he's a real entertainer the Warriors are missing out and everyone here who dislikes Trump can go to Canada and adopt the Raptors as their new favorite team. Trump is the GOAT.

Jeffy25
06-13-2017, 06:11 PM

bravo

Scoots
06-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google is all based from there. I'd say they have a profound effect on the way we see news today.

Facebook and Instagram are one company. Google and Facebook's marketing/advertising divisions are not based in Silicon valley, and they are not significant content creators.

Do they have an effect on how we see the news? Yes, but I wouldn't say their influence goes so far as "Much of the media we see today".

Scoots
06-13-2017, 06:51 PM

I agree. I just don't think "Much of the media we see today" comes out of Silicon Valley.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 06:51 PM

I think the thing that would bother him most would be not hearing his name at all.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 07:00 PM

You know, being in a party where you know it's always easier to make it past the primaries while also talking smack about all the people around you ... maybe LeBron is a fan too?

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2017, 09:40 PM

By your logic, an athlete invited to meet Hitler should have jumped at the opportunity of be forced to lose your respect.

Whether you like Trump or not, if they think he is a horrible/immoral/unprincipled/unethical person, you should respect that they are holding their values, even if you disagree with them. Would you rather they say "Hey.. we think he's a piece of $#!t, but we'll kow tow to the authority."

That you would respect? I guess we respect different things.

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2017, 09:48 PM

Using this argument when speaking about a celebrity/entertainer turned politician is ironically hilarious.

I hate when people say $#!T like this. "They are entertainers... they have no right/place to speak their mind about politics."

And if that is how you feel... perhaps you should be criticizing Trump for even running for president. Running the country isn't like hosting a reality show.

People in all walks of life are impacted by politics and therefore should be allowed to engage in public discourses about it. If you think they should STFU because they 'entertainers' perhaps you shouldn't bother chiming in unless you are a politician yourself. Saying all they are allowed to do is entertain you is moronic. If that's all you seem then as you are an idiot. They are people who are impacted by politics and have a right to engage in such discourses whether you agree with them or not.

And at the end of the day, whether they go or don't go, they are making a political statement. It's their choice which they make. If you only take issue when the choice they make differs from your political view, then you are a hypocrite.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-13-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm not a fan of them being political, but whatever, they don't have to attend if they don't want to.

Are athletes not allowed to be politically active?

COOLbeans
06-13-2017, 10:26 PM
So what does your post say that I didn't say?

I would even say 5 or 6 years ago the transgender bathrooms wouldve gotten a lot of pushback. Caitlin and others have been instrumental with that kind of legislation. I think I misread your post or meant to reply to someone else. Regardless, it's still true

tp13baby
06-13-2017, 10:28 PM
the dude has been golfing non stop man. No way he invited Them to the White House. I would stay home and watch 24 straight hours of infomercials before I would go meet that dude.

He is going to dog the Warriors you know it. He boasted about Kaep being jobless because of himself. A man who represents the citizens of America boasts about someone being unemployed because of him.

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2017, 10:53 PM
Are athletes not allowed to be politically active?

Yeah... there are some who feel like once a celebrity is done entertaining them, they need to STFU. It is a close-minded mentality, and it is only brought up by people who get upset when celebrities they like don't share their political views.

I don't usually hear people on the left complaining when celebs like Eastwood support the right, but when celebs support the left, I hear the right complain that they should stick to making movies. When Eastwood speaks to the Republicans, and Arnold and Regan run for governor and/or President, or some reality TV show host runs for office, and Ted Nugent makes references to killing the president, people on the right suddenly don't seem to mind when celebrities speak their mind.

Hustla23
06-13-2017, 11:07 PM
Good for them. Although Durant might want to go, snake recognize snake.

Sofnr
06-13-2017, 11:27 PM
Yeah... there are some who feel like once a celebrity is done entertaining them, they need to STFU. It is a close-minded mentality, and it is only brought up by people who get upset when celebrities they like don't share their political views.

I don't usually hear people on the left complaining when celebs like Eastwood support the right, but when celebs support the left, I hear the right complain that they should stick to making movies. When Eastwood speaks to the Republicans, and Arnold and Regan run for governor and/or President, or some reality TV show host runs for office, and Ted Nugent makes references to killing the president, people on the right suddenly don't seem to mind when celebrities speak their mind.

Yah, I've never really understood that mentality. I typically don't take political advice from my favorite athletes or entertainers. That makes sense. Their politics are not my concern. But it's that simple. If you don't like their politics then don't pay attention to them. It's stupid to expect that they won't have political opinions or express them. They have just as much of a right to express those opinions as any of us. I always laugh when i hear people getting angry at athletes just for being human.

NetsPaint
06-13-2017, 11:39 PM
I wonder if the whole team was actually against this.

Saddletramp
06-13-2017, 11:45 PM

Great post. Conservatives complain about celebs when they get involved in politics but they're the biggest star ****ers out there. Anyone think Trump would have been elected if it weren't for his reality show and placement in non political things? He'd be just another real estate rich guy. And don't get me started on Reagan.....,

Funny thing is, most celebrity liberals put their money where their mouth is, even if it hurts their bottom line. Then again, most republicans put themselves first, then party, then country.

IKnowHoops
06-13-2017, 11:45 PM
Yah, I've never really understood that mentality. I typically don't take political advice from my favorite athletes or entertainers. That makes sense. Their politics are not my concern. But it's that simple. If you don't like their politics then don't pay attention to them. It's stupid to expect that they won't have political opinions or express them. They have just as much of a right to express those opinions as any of us. I always laugh when i hear people getting angry at athletes just for being human.

It's a control thing. Control freaks and pro-oppressors usually speak this way. A lot of people are racist or think they are above others and don't realize it or are in denial. If you have never been a minority, often times you are so out of touch it appears to be racism but it's it's just pure ignorance. There is a difference. I used to call Asians, Orientals, because I was ignorant. I love my Asian brothers and sisters, but I was ignorant and had to be checked.

IKnowHoops
06-13-2017, 11:49 PM
Notice though how it's always republicans getting mad at athletes for getting political?

Always trying to control

And they wonder why they get the racist rap. Really?! Stop wondering.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-14-2017, 12:30 AM

I don't want to get into the whole logistics of the left vs. right thing (and as a liberal, democrats are guilty too), but it always seems like the second someone mentions a political stance they don't like, agree, or support, they have to stop "talking about politics." Athletes are people too. It'd be like working at some dumb *** bank firm and talking to one of your co-workers about banking and whatnot and then someone brings up a sports opinion they don't like and they go "stop talking sports!"

aman_13
06-14-2017, 01:19 AM
Some people really see left vs right as a race thing and that's actually really scary.

Scoots
06-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Warriors PR guy posted that the Warriors had not yet been invited and that they would make a decision then.

COOLbeans
06-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Warriors PR guy posted that the Warriors had not yet been invited and that they would make a decision then.

Joe Lacob's elusiveness during his first take interview when asked the question was revealing. If it was Obama, he would've been like 'hell yea we're going!' end of story. They dont want to go, but knowing these dubs they'll do a cost analysis and see if its either good or bad for business.

Vinylman
06-14-2017, 09:26 AM
People that think their is a difference between the political duopoly of America are the true sheep.

left / right
black / white
male / female

it is all a game of power and money that the American public have been enslaved to without even knowing it.

Just like the NBA marketing day and night that their product is competitive

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Some people really see left vs right as a race thing and that's actually really scary.

it is very scary. We, as Americans, have been pushed that way though, it's right there for anyone to see, if they look. The oldest tactic in the book on how to control, is to pit people against each other and make them believe they need you. That is exactly what our political leaders have done the last 100 years.

Meh, as long as we can buy our $9 coffee, and talk **** on social media, we feel free. All good, right?

Vinylman
06-14-2017, 09:52 AM
it is very scary. We, as Americans, have been pushed that way though, it's right there for anyone to see, if they look. The oldest tactic in the book on how to control, is to pit people against each other and make them believe they need you. That is exactly what our political leaders have done the last 100 years.

Meh, as long as we can buy our $9 coffee, and talk **** on social media, we feel free. All good, right?

yep... modern politics in the west is no different than religion around the world.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 09:55 AM
yep... modern politics in the west is no different than religion around the world.

it's just funny to me. Neither side does ****, and then blames the other for holding them back. For example, I would love to see someone go into urban America, stand in front of those people, and say, "you have been punching the Democratic ticket for how long? And you are just as poor, your schools are just as bad, you are still hoarded in the ghetto, there is racial inequality abound, yet you keep voting for these same people. Why? Because they give you just enough to survive, convince you they are looking out for you, then pin the blame on the other guy when nothing improves?"

American politics is lunacy.

Vinylman
06-14-2017, 10:09 AM
it's just funny to me. Neither side does ****, and then blames the other for holding them back. For example, I would love to see someone go into urban America, stand in front of those people, and say, "you have been punching the Democratic ticket for how long? And you are just as poor, your schools are just as bad, you are still hoarded in the ghetto, there is racial inequality abound, yet you keep voting for these same people. Why? Because they give you just enough to survive, convince you they are looking out for you, then pin the blame on the other guy when nothing improves?"

yep ... it is weird although I doubt the other side would do much for the group you described either

most issues are easy to resolve if the focus is the American people and not the special interests...

immigration... easy.. but neither party will be happy
health care... easy.. but neither party will be happy
tax reform... easy.. but neither party will be happy

Anyway, the real issue is that a disproportionate amount of congress and senate members are attorneys (170 in house 60 in senate). The last people on earth with good ideas and vision are attorneys... there are exceptions of course but the vast majority are worthless overhead.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 10:25 AM
yep ... it is weird although I doubt the other side would do much for the group you described either

most issues are easy to resolve if the focus is the American people and not the special interests...

immigration... easy.. but neither party will be happy
health care... easy.. but neither party will be happy
tax reform... easy.. but neither party will be happy

Anyway, the real issue is that a disproportionate amount of congress and senate members are attorneys (170 in house 60 in senate). The last people on earth with good ideas and vision are attorneys... there are exceptions of course but the vast majority are worthless overhead.

of course not. They are both a problem.

Not to take this off topic really, but I am sure you and I would agree on many of the same problems American politics have. The 2 biggest for me are outside influences besides the people on our constituents, and the career gerrymandering for position instead of serving a district/state.

COOLbeans
06-14-2017, 10:30 AM

I like this post. Why 100 years though. When do you think it changed?

COOLbeans
06-14-2017, 10:35 AM

I think the same thing can be said for rural America as well concerning the corporate right that has consistently been a part of the banking and investment problems in the country, usually concerning tax codes etc that only benefit the wealthy.

The 'urban' Americans vote blue because Republicans have generally been silent regarding civil rights issues and have used coded racial tactics to get elected. See Reagan's, 'Chicago Welfare Queen' and other epithets touted in recent elections.

Vinylman
06-14-2017, 10:38 AM
of course not. They are both a problem.

Not to take this off topic really, but I am sure you and I would agree on many of the same problems American politics have. The 2 biggest for me are outside influences besides the people on our constituents, and the career gerrymandering for position instead of serving a district/state.

Sure... statistically an incumbent running for re-election to congress is more likely to lose in a primary than in the general election... Incumbents win over 90% of the time

Yep... there are a lot of pols I find funny ... guys like corey booker who says he is in it for the poor guy but backs big Pharma every step of the way when it comes to importing inexpensive prescription drugs from places like Canada... the hypocrisy on both sides is mind boggling...

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 10:47 AM
I think the same thing can be said for rural America as well concerning the corporate right that has consistently been a part of the banking and investment problems in the country, usually concerning tax codes etc that only benefit the wealthy.

The 'urban' Americans vote blue because Republicans have generally been silent regarding civil rights issues and have used coded racial tactics to get elected. See Reagan's, 'Chicago Welfare Queen' and other epithets touted in recent elections.

oh absolutely man. I picked a single example, there are countless others. Republicans like to run their campaign more based on fear. Dems, like to run it on, 'It's the other guys fault". They are both so messed up haha

we as voters always cherrypick the issues we care about, and vote for the closest candidate. Well, for the most part. It's how we are tricked into believing our votes matter. Hell, voting in this lunatic Trump is the closest we have been to that actually being true (that we matter) in a long time. It just sucks that it took a nutjob going against the establishment to wake some people up. And he is by no means fit for being the president.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 10:48 AM
I like this post. Why 100 years though. When do you think it changed?

Coming out of the Great Depression, we gave so much control to our govt. At the time it was needed, then it morphed into lunacy over the years.

BKLYNpigeon
06-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Makes Sense.

better to just skip it and move on, its not a big deal just a formality at this point.

TrueFan420
06-14-2017, 10:58 AM
Joe Lacob's elusiveness during his first take interview when asked the question was revealing. If it was Obama, he would've been like 'hell yea we're going!' end of story. They dont want to go, but knowing these dubs they'll do a cost analysis and see if its either good or bad for business.

Dude it's the Bay... all the supporters are behind them

COOLbeans
06-14-2017, 11:03 AM
oh absolutely man. I picked a single example, there are countless others. Republicans like to run their campaign more based on fear. Dems, like to run it on, 'It's the other guys fault". They are both so messed up haha

we as voters always cherrypick the issues we care about, and vote for the closest candidate. Well, for the most part. It's how we are tricked into believing our votes matter. Hell, voting in this lunatic Trump is the closest we have been to that actually being true (that we matter) in a long time. It just sucks that it took a nutjob going against the establishment to wake some people up. And he is by no means fit for being the president.

hmm. totally. The whole Trump phenomenon isnt surprising. Interesting message regarding populism, but completely the wrong messenger for the job. He is completely insane, I cant believe his cabinet the other day. That was abhorent

COOLbeans
06-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Dude it's the Bay... all the supporters are behind them

True. Even so. If it were George W, I dont think he would have been more upfront on whether they're going. People hate Trump more than the war mongering W, and that's saying something.

BKLYNpigeon
06-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Why Would the Warriors go?

The team has been local against Trump.

Steph called him an ***** and Kerr openly disagrees with his decisions every month. The Warriors also have front office has an openly gay employee. White House should not extend the invitation.

JasonJohnHorn
06-14-2017, 11:58 AM

It is.

That's what was great about MLK. H started with the civil rights movement, but he realized a lot of the issues suppressing people of colour were rooted in class, and hence began organizing a second million-man march for the working class and opposed the war in Vietnam on a similar basis. Sadly, he was assassinated before any of that. It's sad. America would have been a better country had he lived longer. And he would have been the first Black president without a doubt in my mind.

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 12:00 PM
It is.

That's what was great about MLK. H started with the civil rights movement, but he realized a lot of the issues suppressing people of colour were rooted in class, and hence began organizing a second million-man march for the working class and opposed the war in Vietnam on a similar basis. Sadly, he was assassinated before any of that. It's sad. America would have been a better country had he lived longer. And he would have been the first Black president without a doubt in my mind.

I actually think Tupac would have been a huge impact as well. He was just way above his peers as a rapper and individual.

JasonJohnHorn
06-14-2017, 12:01 PM
People that think their is a difference between the political duopoly of America are the true sheep.

left / right
black / white
male / female

it is all a game of power and money that the American public have been enslaved to without even knowing it.

Just like the NBA marketing day and night that their product is competitive

For once we can agree. These aristotelian binaries cloud the real issues. The Dem and Republicans are both so tied in with big business, other social issues (which are important) cloud the real issues.

aman_13
06-14-2017, 12:38 PM

It's crazy!

I had a conversation with a friend recently about this very issue.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 02:26 PM

Yeah, but let's keep it real for a second here. The Dems are against a lot of what Trump is doing because it's going to screw over a lot of Americans, even some of his own voters. What did McConnell say when Obama got in to office? "Our number 1 priority is to make this president a one term president"? To me, that's treasonous. I wonder where we'd be if the Dems had both the senate and house for those 8 years.

I'm not saying Dems only do things right for America or anything like that, but the difference is staggering. I really liked Booker a few years ago but the more I see from him, the more I distrust him.

And I agree that special interests and gerrymandering are killing this country. Getting rid of those should be a huge priority starting off. Let's contact the people in charge of fixing those issues........oh, that's right.

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Yeah, but let's keep it real for a second here. The Dems are against a lot of what Trump is doing because it's going to screw over a lot of Americans, even some of his own voters. What did McConnell say when Obama got in to office? "Our number 1 priority is to make this president a one term president"? To me, that's treasonous. I wonder where we'd be if the Dems had both the senate and house forvthose 8 years.

I'm not saying Dems only do things right for America or anything like that, but the difference is staggering. I really liked Booker a few years ago but the more I see from him, the more I distrust him.

And I agree that special interests and gerrymandering are killing this country. Getting rid of those should be a huge priority starting off. Let's contact the people in charge of fixing those issues........oh, that's right.

The Dems are against it because much of what they want to fund (healthcare, education) are going to affect what they have lobbied. Let's stop beating around the bush. We pay the highest for education. We pay near the highest for healthcare. We pay insane amounts for prescription drugs. We pay a damn insane amount for benefits that aren't working. I'm not a Dem or Rep but I can see both sides. The issue is, these parties are both treating each other as separate countries rather than a United one. The fact is, spending is ridiculous and has to stop. Our tax revenue increases but we're seeing spending increase at a higher rate. And your McConnell example may be true but the Dem's haven't been all that better. They behaved like absolute children mocking Rep's by saying "Na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye." They're both at fault but too bad it won't change unless a radical approach is taken.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Yeah, but let's keep it real for a second here. The Dems are against a lot of what Trump is doing because it's going to screw over a lot of Americans, even some of his own voters. What did McConnell say when Obama got in to office? "Our number 1 priority is to make this president a one term president"? To me, that's treasonous. I wonder where we'd be if the Dems had both the senate and house forvthose 8 years.

I have zero faith in either party. Zero. And we let it get this way. They accomplish nothing, and point the finger at the other. What ideals each portrays doesn't matter.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 02:50 PM
I have zero faith in either party. Zero. And we let it get this way. They accomplish nothing, and point the finger at the other. What ideals each portrays doesn't matter.

I have more faith in the Dems but that's only because I have negative faith in republicans and what they stand for.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 02:56 PM
The Dems are against it because much of what they want to fund (healthcare, education) are going to affect what they have lobbied. Let's stop beating around the bush. We pay the highest for education. We pay near the highest for healthcare. We pay insane amounts for prescription drugs. We pay a damn insane amount for benefits that aren't working. I'm not a Dem or Rep but I can see both sides. The issue is, these parties are both treating each other as separate countries rather than a United one. The fact is, spending is ridiculous and has to stop. Our tax revenue increases but we're seeing spending increase at a higher rate. And your McConnell example may be true but the Dem's haven't been all that better. They behaved like absolute children mocking Rep's by saying "Na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye." They're both at fault but too bad it won't change unless a radical approach is taken.

Oh, no doubt, things need to change. This country is going to **** more and more regardless of who the president is. This orange mother****er is just spending up the ride.

And that HeyHey Goodbye thing was an ad lib on how signing that healthcare bill was so bad that if it passed, they'd be hit hard in '18. A little over the top but let's not compare the reaction to the action.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 03:05 PM
I have more faith in the Dems but that's only because I have negative faith in republicans and what they stand for.

Do we even know what the Republicans stand for anymore? To me, it will be better when the older, religious, anti-gay/abortion generations go away for the most part, only because I think there is such a divide in conservatives.

In fact, I can't think of what either stands for anymore.

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Oh, no doubt, things need to change. This country is going to **** more and more regardless of who the president is. This orange mother****er is just spending up the ride.

And that HeyHey Goodbye thing was an ad lib on how signing that healthcare bill was so bad that if it passed, they'd be hit hard in '18. A little over the top but let's not compare the reaction to the action.

Still, it's a childish act. Like, why even sing that? People are starving for work and a home yet, these politicians are out here thinking it's some kind of "We won, you lost" attitude? It's just pathetic. I don't know the effects of that healthcare bill but Obamacare was really bad. It's just sad we can't reach a consensus that everyone should have healthcare but it needs to be affordable.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Do we even know what the Republicans stand for anymore? To me, it will be better when the older, religious, anti-gay/abortion generations go away for the most part, only because I think there is such a divide in conservatives.

In fact, I can't think of what either stands for anymore.

Totally agree. My parents are both religious middle class republicans and every time we talk politics, it's pretty bizarre.

I was going to go into it but I figure you know what I'd basically say.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Still, it's a childish act. Like, why even sing that? People are starving for work and a home yet, these politicians are out here thinking it's some kind of "We won, you lost" attitude? It's just pathetic. I don't know the effects of that healthcare bill but Obamacare was really bad. It's just sad we can't reach a consensus that everyone should have healthcare but it needs to be affordable.

A thirty second childish act in response to a huge **** you from the republicans to just about every non rich person in need of healthcare in America? Ok, sure. Equate them. That bill reminds me of the movie Braveheart where the King instructs his archers to fire away at all the men fighting. "But we'll hit our own men" he's told. "Yes....but we'll hit their men, too." In our 21st century scenario, his men that are struck are yelling with their dying breaths "yeah, you're killing a shitload of the enemy! That'll show 'em!"

One difference between Dems and republicans is that the republican base doesn't budge a whole lot regardless of what their party does (or doesn't do). Dems turn on each other and ignore the problems all together when things don't go 100% their way. "I can't get Bernie? Well, **** it, I'm not voting for Hillary!" "Spitzer likes hookers? **** it, he'll never get a political job again!" "Obamacare wasn't the best possible thing for me or my mother? **** it, let's see what that rat Paul Ryan can come up with! Can't be any worse!" Then we get Donald Trump as president. Solid moves.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Totally agree. My parents are both religious middle class republicans and every time we talk politics, it's pretty bizarre.

I was going to go into it but I figure you know what I'd basically say.

my Dad and I were watching something a couple years ago, had a gay dude on it, and he goes, "gays represent 3% of the population, they shouldn't get anymore than 3% of airtime on tv".

Where the **** he got that arbitrary number, and then decides that is all they should get on tv, I don't know haha

Hawkeye15
06-14-2017, 04:07 PM
A thirty second childish act in response to a huge **** you from the republicans to just about every non rich person in need of healthcare in America? Ok, sure. Equate them. That bill reminds me of the movie Braveheart where the King instructs his archers to fire away at all the men fighting. "But we'll hit our own men" he's told. "Yes....but we'll hit their men, too." In our 21st century scenario, his men that are struck are yelling with their dying breaths "yeah, you're killing a shitload of the enemy! That'll show 'em!"

One difference between Dems and republicans is that the republican base doesn't budge a whole lot regardless of what their party does (or doesn't do). Dems turn on each other and ignore the problems all together when things don't go 100% their way. "I can't get Bernie? Well, **** it, I'm not voting for Hillary!" "Spitzer likes hookers? **** it, he'll never get a political job again!" "Obamacare wasn't the best possible thing for me or my mother? **** it, let's see what that rat Paul Ryan can come up with! Can't be any worse!" Then we get Donald Trump as president. Solid moves.

basically, Republicans are bullies, and Democrats babies haha

bout sums it up

Chromehounds
06-14-2017, 04:10 PM
I watch sports to get away from the daily grinds, never did like sport personalities bring politics into the game! That's my nickle worth!

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 04:13 PM

You're actually not understanding what I'm trying to say. I never equated them. But it's obvious that both of these parties aren't co-existing by any means. And healthcare in America at what cost? You do realize that healthcare is being funded by debt, right? It's not a scenario in which the current system can continue funding.
Most of those Dems you're referring to aren't really Dems. They are Bernie supporters who sided with the Democratic party but they would easily side with aliens if that was what Bernie aligned himself with. There are hardcore dems. Heck, those are the ones that voted for Clinton.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 04:37 PM
You're actually not understanding what I'm trying to say. I never equated them. But it's obvious that both of these parties aren't co-existing by any means. And healthcare in America at what cost? You do realize that healthcare is being funded by debt, right? It's not a scenario in which the current system can continue funding.
Most of those Dems you're referring to aren't really Dems. They are Bernie supporters who sided with the Democratic party but they would easily side with aliens if that was what Bernie aligned himself with. There are hardcore dems. Heck, those are the ones that voted for Clinton.

I'm not a hardcore dem, but I voted for Clinton. Voted for Bernie in the primary; he was my choice. But when he lost, I was Hillary all the way and I've never particularly liked her. I would have voted damn near anyone this side of Ted Cruz over Trump.

As far as healthcare goes, if the government and insurance companies wanted,we could have very affordable healthcare. Insurance companies just wouldn't make hardly as much money and they wouldn't be greasing political palms at all.

Capitalism is a helluva drug when it's abused.

FlashBolt
06-14-2017, 04:56 PM
I'm not a hardcore dem, but I voted for Clinton. Voted for Bernie in the primary; he was my choice. But when he lost, I was Hillary all the way and I've never particularly liked her. I would have voted damn near anyone this side of Ted Cruz over Trump.

As far as healthcare goes, if the government and insurance companies wanted,we could have very affordable healthcare. Insurance companies just wouldn't make hardly as much money and they wouldn't be greasing political palms at all.

Capitalism is a helluva drug when it's abused.

Exactly. And there is no consensus between both parties that they can do this but they won't.

Scoots
06-14-2017, 05:37 PM
This should probably move to Politics.

aman_13
06-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Curry said that he prefers not to go. Iggy said he doesn't want to go either. It looks like they will be skipping the visit.

KG2TB
06-14-2017, 05:50 PM

The old tradition narrative. Where stupid and unnecessary things go on forever, so it must always remain. Think for yourself, don't be a follower or robotically follow in some dumb tradition, and do what you feel is right. That's what makes a man. Not doing things because others do it and have done it.

Were you singing this narrative when Brady skipped going?

Either way, everyone should have the right to decide to accept or reject an invitation. Especially something so dirty and phony as politics. I wouldn't want to step forth in that building or talk to those vultures in there either.

Saddletramp
06-14-2017, 06:19 PM
Exactly. And there is no consensus between both parties that they can do this but they won't.

At least Obama was trying to move it in the right direction. If the republicans would have tried to help instead of trying to block him every step of the way...... It's funny, they proposed to overturn it what? 60 times or so? Knowing it was going to get ignored by Obama every single time? Instead of trying to help make it better or come up with their own plan if they won in 2016? All they did was obstruct obstruct obstruct. I'm not saying the Dems are amazing at politics or anything, but they actually try. Republicans only know how to go against. And we're reaping the benefits now.

mikekhelxD
06-14-2017, 08:30 PM

Meh. You can always do the tour. I was rather underwhelmed by it and this was after getting the tour from a relative who have high security clearance. It ain't all that even seeing most of the west wing.

bklynny67
06-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Trump might be a bit too busy fixing Obamas mess anyway...or giving other countries confidential information. One or the other...

eDush
06-14-2017, 08:58 PM

Well said. The warriors are losers for doing this.The Warriors are winners in my book and can do whatever they chooses which is their constitutional rights protected by the first amendment both verbally and symbolically :nod:

The only loser here is you.

Rush
06-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Not sure if anyone has said it yet but this was a false story. The team hasn't decided on what to do nor have they even been invited yet.

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Fake-Warriors-story-spawns-Twitter-11220944.php

Scoots
06-14-2017, 09:57 PM
Curry said that he prefers not to go. Iggy said he doesn't want to go either. It looks like they will be skipping the visit.

... and they still haven't been invited so it's not up to them :)

Chronz
06-15-2017, 02:53 AM

sig worthy

smith&wesson
06-15-2017, 05:18 AM
Honestly who cares? You all bounce a ball for a living .. get over yoursleves.

smith&wesson
06-15-2017, 05:19 AM
Why its even a story is beyond me.