PDA

View Full Version : What does Westbrook do?

Dade County
06-13-2017, 03:51 AM
Should he team up and get to experience what KD just experienced?

Players like Westbrook, AD & the Greek Freak are X factors to me, when it comes to dealing with GS & their fire power.

GS can be together for the next 3 to 5yrs. Are these players just supposed to sit back & take L's???

Which players do you see coming together?

GoferKing_
06-13-2017, 04:33 AM
No one, players will take as much money as they can and chill. Competitiveness is dead.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 09:31 AM
No one, players will take as much money as they can and chill. Competitiveness is dead.

It's funny that competitiveness is dead when players try to max out their income and when they take less money to have a better chance at winning :)

GoferKing_
06-13-2017, 04:16 PM
Well, if Durant maxed out in OKC or Boston, the competitiveness would be there because we would have at least 4 team fighting for a ring, not just one.

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 04:19 PM
I took it that we weren't going to compete for championships when KD left and now we're just watching the Warriors win. Everyone on the West has no chance at this point. We made a huge mistake signing Kanter and Adams. RWB will be the one-man show of the league. Let's just face it. Some teams aren't going to win so the only thing we can look forward to are what our team does the best at. Us, it's getting triple doubles for Russ. Philly is to hope Simmons and Embiid are studs. It is what it is. That's the environment of the NBA right now.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 04:27 PM
I took it that we weren't going to compete for championships when KD left and now we're just watching the Warriors win. Everyone on the West has no chance at this point. We made a huge mistake signing Kanter and Adams. RWB will be the one-man show of the league. Let's just face it. Some teams aren't going to win so the only thing we can look forward to are what our team does the best at. Us, it's getting triple doubles for Russ. Philly is to hope Simmons and Embiid are studs. It is what it is. That's the environment of the NBA right now.

I think that once KD left extending Oladipo and Adams was a poor move. Those aren't guys you max yourself out for. Need to keep flexibility over extending non-stars like that. You guys would be chasing Blake if it weren't for those deals. Adams/Oladipo would be RFAs still and by attaching assets (like #19) you could probably move 2 years of Kanter to a team like BRK. Then you use bird rights to keep Adams/Oladipo. It was just stupidly poor management to extend those guys early and not keep the flexibility of having their bird rights hold instead of big contracts on the books.

Dade County
06-13-2017, 04:38 PM

I can see key free agents coming together this off season. Pat will be waiting with open arms. lol

But seriously, some organizations settle and some organizations try to aim for the top. OKC not giving Harden an extra 4mil was the wrong move.

HEAT will not settle, Pat will fight to create a team that can matchup with the Cavs & GS.

Nabeshin
06-13-2017, 04:41 PM
I hate to say it but I can see the Celtics being the next powerhouse in the NBA.

TrueFan420
06-13-2017, 04:45 PM
I hate to say it but I can see the Celtics being the next powerhouse in the NBA.

their gonna have to make some very good moves this FA and get lucky with their draft picks hitting

Nabeshin
06-13-2017, 05:01 PM
their gonna have to make some very good moves this FA and get lucky with their draft picks hitting

You are absolutely right! And I believe they are a team that slowly but surely is progressing, what they do with their
picks is crucial. I may be a Knicks supporter but I can see when A team that is run in the correct way :D

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 05:03 PM
I think that once KD left extending Oladipo and Adams was a poor move. Those aren't guys you max yourself out for. Need to keep flexibility over extending non-stars like that. You guys would be chasing Blake if it weren't for those deals. Adams/Oladipo would be RFAs still and by attaching assets (like #19) you could probably move 2 years of Kanter to a team like BRK. Then you use bird rights to keep Adams/Oladipo. It was just stupidly poor management to extend those guys early and not keep the flexibility of having their bird rights hold instead of big contracts on the books.

We made those moves to try and keep KD. It was stupid. Possibly the worst move Presti has made. And I disagree with our management criticism. Regardless of how you look at it, we've done a great job building talent through draft picks. We had KD+Westy. It won't be perfect for any team. Even the Warriors, it took Curry getting injured and the right amount of luck to get to where they are now. We had enough to win and sadly, it didn't happen. I don't blame it on Harden not being signed. I actually thought we were a top five team the past seven seasons.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-13-2017, 05:05 PM

Ainge been sitting on his hands to long. Yeah he got denied trading for Frank the tank that one draft. Horford was a waste of money. IT will command a ton of money. Bradley, Crowder wont be on the cheap to many more years. Celtics either need to decide now to go for it or draft well and hang tight till LeBron falls off. Then the east is wide open. Well if the Celtics bust on them lottery picks then they will fall flat easily. But most of the east could fall flat.

The time is now to get going in the east. Cavs got a 3 year window tops. Glad my Bucks will be ready to rock within 3 years. By then Warriors big 4 could be broken up and down to a big two. If Embiid can stay healthy it could be Bucks and 76ers fighting it out for the next decade. Bucks mainly 1 great PG away for doing some serious damage. Was hoping Bucks could trade for Kemba Walker. Then we'd have a big4 once Parker is healthy and back to himself.

Bostonjorge
06-13-2017, 05:07 PM
Westbrook will take down GS. It's only a matter of time.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 05:35 PM
We made those moves to try and keep KD. It was stupid. Possibly the worst move Presti has made. And I disagree with our management criticism. Regardless of how you look at it, we've done a great job building talent through draft picks. We had KD+Westy. It won't be perfect for any team. Even the Warriors, it took Curry getting injured and the right amount of luck to get to where they are now. We had enough to win and sadly, it didn't happen. I don't blame it on Harden not being signed. I actually thought we were a top five team the past seven seasons.

Adams/Oladipo were extended in season long after KD left to GS. There was no need to extend those guys in late October. If they didn't, instead of those guys combing for $40M+ on the books they'd be at liek $20M combined for bird rights. That would put you guys at about $10M under instead of $10M over the cap. If a max was willing to come then you could use assets to dump 2 years of Kanter (he's not immovable if you attach stuff).

There was no reason for you guys to extend them when you did. Should have just let them go to RFA.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 05:47 PM
Ainge been sitting on his hands to long. Yeah he got denied trading for Frank the tank that one draft. Horford was a waste of money. IT will command a ton of money. Bradley, Crowder wont be on the cheap to many more years. Celtics either need to decide now to go for it or draft well and hang tight till LeBron falls off. Then the east is wide open. Well if the Celtics bust on them lottery picks then they will fall flat easily. But most of the east could fall flat.

The time is now to get going in the east. Cavs got a 3 year window tops. Glad my Bucks will be ready to rock within 3 years. By then Warriors big 4 could be broken up and down to a big two. If Embiid can stay healthy it could be Bucks and 76ers fighting it out for the next decade. Bucks mainly 1 great PG away for doing some serious damage. Was hoping Bucks could trade for Kemba Walker. Then we'd have a big4 once Parker is healthy and back to himself.

He never wanted Frank the Tank for the record. He wanted Winslow but CHA passed on his offer to take Frank the Tank.

Anyway, I don't see how you can argue that he sat on his hands too long. If he had cashed in sooner they'd be in much worse position than they are now and it isn't even debatable. Anyone he could have gotten at the deadline last year he can get now with the #1 pick... except now he has the opportunity to sign a max FA first then go over the cap in a trade instead of having that flexibility removed had he went in. BOS definitely needs a stroke of luck to get it done but it's absurd say Ainge has hurt his chances by sitting on his hands too long. His patience has been rewarded unequivocally to this point.

Qwertys
06-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Love me some Frank the Tank

FlashBolt
06-13-2017, 06:23 PM
Adams/Oladipo were extended in season long after KD left to GS. There was no need to extend those guys in late October. If they didn't, instead of those guys combing for $40M+ on the books they'd be at liek $20M combined for bird rights. That would put you guys at about $10M under instead of $10M over the cap. If a max was willing to come then you could use assets to dump 2 years of Kanter (he's not immovable if you attach stuff).

There was no reason for you guys to extend them when you did. Should have just let them go to RFA.

Oh, yeah, extending them you're right. But the stupid trade for Oladipo was just a headache. It'd be better if he had resigned him AFTER the season to see how much we're putting to the guy. I never understood it. Like, you got Westbrook to commit but you make stupid contracts for dumb players. No way RWB resigns in the foreseeable future.

Dade County
06-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Westbrook will take down GS. It's only a matter of time.

Hopefully while wearing a HEAT jersey. lol

But I do see West as one of the X factors, that a team can put other star players around & they can win it all (Harden, West, KD, & Ibaka...lmao)

Bigdaddyburch
06-13-2017, 06:27 PM
GS fans sound like they are extremely happy with this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Bigdaddyburch
06-13-2017, 06:31 PM
I can see key free agents coming together this off season. Pat will be waiting with open arms. lol

But seriously, some organizations settle and some organizations try to aim for the top. OKC not giving Harden an extra 4mil was the wrong move.

HEAT will not settle, Pat will fight to create a team that can matchup with the Cavs & GS.
The Cavs are the second best team and they are half of what GS is.

hugepatsfan
06-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Oh, yeah, extending them you're right. But the stupid trade for Oladipo was just a headache. It'd be better if he had resigned him AFTER the season to see how much we're putting to the guy. I never understood it. Like, you got Westbrook to commit but you make stupid contracts for dumb players. No way RWB resigns in the foreseeable future.

RWB was already re-signed too. So it's not like they had to lock those guys up so he'd stay. He extended last offseason and you guys didn't extend Oladipo/Adams until October. I actually thought the trade of Ibaka for Oladipo/Sabonis was a solid move for you guys. Looking at their salaries you guys did save some money - they're each about $4-5M less than they would have gotten on probably max deals this offseason. I know you guys have had tight financial situations before but that isn't nearly enough savings to lock up your whole future I'd think. I just don't get it all. Your FO I think generally does a terrific job (exception being the poor return on Harden). But I think exting those two when they did is one of the blatantly dumbest things I've seen out of a FO in a while. It just made no sense on any level at all. There was no short-term or long-term reason to do it.

Scoots
06-13-2017, 07:45 PM
Well, if Durant maxed out in OKC or Boston, the competitiveness would be there because we would have at least 4 team fighting for a ring, not just one.

So, if you go for max money you are not that into competing to win ... and if you take less to compete to win you are not competitive :)

Scoots
06-13-2017, 07:46 PM
GS fans sound like they are extremely happy with this.

We learned from Spurs and Heat fans.

GoferKing_
06-14-2017, 03:20 AM
So, if you go for max money you are not that into competing to win ... and if you take less to compete to win you are not competitive :)

The fork? Do you even read? I stated shiet clear so do not make up some crazy logic.

Dade County
06-15-2017, 03:17 AM
I hope we see player movement on draft night.

BKLYNpigeon
06-23-2017, 03:02 PM
Nobodys talking about Westbrook!

Westbrook has a year left on his OKC deal, plus a Player Option.

OKC will offer him that super max deal this year. If he does not sign, where do you think he will be traded?

mngopher35
06-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Timberwolves!

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 03:13 PM
I think he'll re-sign. A) it's a lot of money. But also B) he seems wired differently. I don't think he really cares if he retires without a ring if he knows he gave his best competitive effort to get there. It feels like he cares more about that than maneuvering himself into a better spot to win.

Chronz
06-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Cosign the notion that hes an actual man. A jerk, but a man none the less. If he leaves it definitely wont be some unprecedented cowardice

mavwar53
06-23-2017, 03:50 PM
Lmao "the man". Yes sure the man on a team that goes no where cause he's so worried about the size of his dick that he doesn't care that he's not a good teammate. It reminds me of the first Kanye West album skits about the dad that loved his degrees so much that he only put his time and effort into that. Westbrook is so into himself (his stats) that he really doesn't care about being winning enough to be a good teammate. Either he wins it by himself or he doesn't win at all.

Oh well, I could careless about a self centered egomaniac.

Jamiecballer
06-23-2017, 03:54 PM
Lmao "the man". Yes sure the man on a team that goes no where cause he's so worried about the size of his dick that he doesn't care that he's not a good teammate. It reminds me of the first Kanye West album skits about the dad that loved his degrees so much that he only put his time and effort into that. Westbrook is so into himself (his stats) that he really doesn't care about being winning enough to be a good teammate. Either he wins it by himself or he doesn't win at all.

yes!

Chronz
06-23-2017, 03:55 PM

No joke, I initially thought you were talking about Draymond with his dick pic and all.

What a player considers a good teammate is pretty subjective, I mean, ask the current OKC teammates about who was a better teammate, the guy who ditched them for the enemy who was kicking them in the nuts(literally) or the guy who reupped, inspired and led them to the playoffs whilst having a likely MVP season and Im pretty sure they are gonna side with a true man.

Nobody gives a flying **** who KD considers to be a good teammate, his lack of competitive nature has already been exposed.

Dade County
06-23-2017, 05:03 PM
A couple of players moved. I wonder if Westbrook doesn't accept OKC offer, will they quickly look to move him.

Only team that has enough assets is Boston.

I wonder will West have a list.

mrblisterdundee
06-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Nobodys talking about Westbrook!

There was a Westbrook thread posted June 13.

PropheticGeius
06-23-2017, 05:17 PM
I thought he signed an extension with the thunder. I must have misunderstood something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-23-2017, 05:20 PM
I thought he signed an extension with the thunder. I must have misunderstood something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did but it was for one year. He was originally scheduled for a player option this offseason but now he has one next year.

Aust
06-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Stay and keep on pumping big stats

KB24PG16
06-23-2017, 05:44 PM
he'll take the supermax and the thunder will be cap scrapped for years to come. the cba killed small market teams by giving so much incentive to sign these mega deals, oh the irony

FlashBolt
06-23-2017, 06:03 PM
I'd be open to trading Westbrook. I don't think we can attract free agents other than by throwing max contracts to bums and Westbrook just can't do it alone. We should think about rebuilding. Nothing we do can stop the Warriors right now so why bother? Just tank..

mngopher35
06-23-2017, 06:12 PM
I'd be open to trading Westbrook. I don't think we can attract free agents other than by throwing max contracts to bums and Westbrook just can't do it alone. We should think about rebuilding. Nothing we do can stop the Warriors right now so why bother? Just tank..

Rubio/Patton/two future firsts

k thanks lol

Dade County
06-23-2017, 11:01 PM

If Russ turns down the ext on july 1st, he might get shopped around.

I think Boston is holding on too all those picks, for a chance at Westbrook or AD; & i don't blame them.

Those 2 players are real X factors.

LA_Raiders
06-23-2017, 11:20 PM
He will go to LA to join ball and PG.

Saddletramp
06-23-2017, 11:56 PM
He will go to LA to join ball and PG.

How funny would that be to have Magic trade Ball in a deal for RWB? Lamar would absolutely **** himself. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see that.

Dade County
06-24-2017, 01:09 AM
How funny would that be to have Magic trade Ball in a deal for RWB? Lamar would absolutely **** himself. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see that.

I think they would try to find a deal over seas. Someone that will invest in their Big Baller Brand, & give him a better contract, then the rookie contract.

Saddletramp
06-24-2017, 05:34 AM
I think they would try to find a deal over seas. Someone that will invest in their Big Baller Brand, & give him a better contract, then the rookie contract.

I think that there are rules in place where you can't do that. Not sure the specifics, though but I think if you're under contract with a team, most other leagues don't sign you.

FOXHOUND
06-24-2017, 07:51 AM

Westbrook is one of my favorite players, and this post clearly has some jokes and hyperbole in it, but sadly I think there is enough truth to it. I do think he would settle in getting that $200M+ deal while being able "to do what I want".

He wants to win a championship, obviously, but I think he wants to do it his way or no way. I'm hoping to see a more thoughtful, scaled back Westbrook next season but I doubt it.

Ty Fast
06-24-2017, 08:48 AM
If the Spurs can so how land CP3 I think Bron could very easily end up there. They would have to dump LA but could you imagine Bron, kawhi, and CP3 with Pop as coach.

Dade County
06-24-2017, 09:35 AM
If the Spurs can so how land CP3 I think Bron could very easily end up there. They would have to dump LA but could you imagine Bron, kawhi, and CP3 with Pop as coach.

GS still wins.

mrblisterdundee
06-25-2017, 03:52 PM
GS still wins.

Not really. Kawhi doesn't even have to be the main offensive weapon. He can just focus on making Durant's life a living hell. LeBron will beast on anyone he goes against be it Green or Iguoudala. The Spurs would have Paul and Green to defend the Splash Bros.
It's a fairly close series. Look at what Kawhi was doing to the Warriors all on his own.

Dade County
06-27-2017, 12:14 AM
Now we wait & see if West accept or decline OKC contract extension.

If he declines, let the madness begin.

Bostonjorge
06-27-2017, 01:11 AM

He will decline it. Okc will then have to make moves to improve the team or gamble on Westbrook staying. They could also not gamble and trade him.

aman_13
06-27-2017, 01:25 AM

Apparently he will not. There are reports that he is going to sign a 5 yr deal with OKC.

mrblisterdundee
06-27-2017, 02:31 PM
He will decline it. Okc will then have to make moves to improve the team or gamble on Westbrook staying. They could also not gamble and trade him.

Trading him is probably the best way forward. He's already 28, and Oklahoma's only in the beginning stages of a rebuild. He even gave the Thunder some breathing room by signing that contract. He's less risky than George, and more valuable in the right situation. Oklahoma could get a good haul for him to move forward with, and hopefully Westbrook could get back to contending.
I really want Westbrook's usage rate to go down. If some of the scoring burden is taken off, he could transform himself into an all-NBA-level defender, while scoring more efficiently.
Boston would be a great spot for him. Even with worse shooting, he's better than Thomas hands-down. Surround him with all those shooters and let him go to work in the post. Utah would kill with him at the helm, as would Milwaukee.

Scoots
06-28-2017, 09:32 AM
To OP ... dominate the ball.

sammyvine
06-28-2017, 05:33 PM
He will stay at OKC for the money imo but he will never sniff a ring imo
The west is loaded and OKC are just a treadmill team...and with average players like Oladipo and Adams locked up..they can't even make moves.

I don't understand why he would stay in OKC.

kobe4thewinbang
06-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Westbrook needs to tell that front office to spend over the luxury tax or make other moves. If they stand pat this summer, he's going to be pissed and frustrated with the same lack of shooting around him. They gotta get him more help, or that demeanor is going to flip once he realizes the front office is more responsible for the potential dynasty never materializing. Granted, Westbrook took so many shots away from Durant, but clearly he needs help. Or he's going to be forced to sign somewhere else that will actually make the necessary moves to win the big one. In the western conference, there's no excuse for staying pat and not accommodating your best player. Look at what Rockets GM said: you're either a player in the arms race or you're on the sidelines watching. Presti's gotta get with it soon!